Copper Reviews

About Copper

Copper is an easy-to-use CRM for small and medium-sized businesses that need a better way to manage leads & grow customer relationships. If you don't have time for data entry, tedious admin tasks, or overly complex tools, Copper...

4.1
4.1

Browse Copper Reviews

Alirio Rubén
Alirio Rubén

Reviewed on 14/07/2018

I work with hundreds of clients in LATAM. Prosperwork is a great support to manage my company.

I work in a service company that offers hardware and software solutions with hundreds of clients in LATAM. Prosperwork is a fundamental support for the management of our company, it allows us to follow up on the objectives set, measure deviations, marketing actions and contact with our customers.

Pros

Prosperwork is a CRM, which works in the cloud, which allows improving the sales management of any company. Among the most brilliant features is the complete merger with the Google Suite, but that articulation does not stop there, it also has the option of integrating with other web tools such as MailChimp, on cloud solution for handling email marketing campaigns, which makes an essential support tool for the work of our marketing department.

It also offers synchronization with Dropbox, which makes it easy to transfer information through the tool.

Due to being a solution on cloud, you can follow up, in real time, the work of the sales department. Contributing to the making of early decisions, avoiding the deviation from the goal proposed by our board.

Cons

We are very satisfied with the solution presented by this software, to the point of not having found ourselves before anything we want to do and can not do it in the tool.

Although it is intuitive, it can be a bit confusing to use in the first few changes. Then, everything flows with a lot of precision and speed. The main reason for this situation is the large number of options and configurations that can be made in Prosperwork.

Robert
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 03/02/2022

Not the standard CRM / Project Tracking

We use Copper to manager our existing customers. We do not add new customers often, just account management really. We also use it to track commercial projects. It's two completely different uses. We use Opportunities as commercial projects. It would be nice if People/Companies could be segmented as different types with different visible fields. We group a lot of fields and have to toggle open/close based on the type of person being entered.

Pros

Our company uses the Google Suite of apps so integration with our current setup was extremely easy. We had a single implementation person assigned to our account and she was extremely helpful and responsive. Also the customization options were very useful.

Cons

The canned reports were not useful to us. We had to build our own through Google Analytics. However the Copper team have recently been upgrading their reports, with the ability to create custom reports now. It's much better.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Copper

The integration with Google is what sold it to us.
bob
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 22/11/2016

Extremely Limited

Tried PW for my insurance biz. It was a total waste of time. It took 20+ hours to set up for my business and did very little to help organize contacts/meetings/notes as I required. Also needed to be able to filter/search for data.

Overall, it lacked customization.

Wanted to add custom fields like birthdates. This proved impossible, as the date field required input via pop up calendar, so you'd have to click through every month to get back to January 1 1965. I talked to their support people for a total of 3 hours and the conclusion of it all was "the software can't do that and we're not going to implement that unless a ton of people ask for it." That should have been a red flag because it just got worse.

Importing data is super annoying. If you have a google sheet you want to import, you have to download it as a CSV then re-upload it, and hope the fields match up. It also adds a bunch of tags to crap that makes a huge data mess you end up wasting hours to fix.

The dashboard is a total waste of space. There is no useful information. The People section is basically a glorified Excel spread sheet. When you export your data it grabs the fields, but leaves all of the activity notes behind, so you cannot back those

Custom filters are another massive failure. If you want to filter by X but exclude everyone who already has Y, it's impossible. I think an undergrad designed this system because it lacks advanced features severely.

If you want to set up a daily to-do queue, forget it. You might as well use paper checklist or a spreadsheet.

Another major problem is that it will pull info out of your google contacts and if you check the box for Sync with Contacts, it will completely destroy your hardwork in contacts. It deletes data out of fields, such as addresses and phone numbers. You have to pay for another software called Pieworks to fix that, but it's also terrible. A simple basic feature that should be included is not, and you have to pay yet another monthly sub for something really stupid that should be there.

It has an app for android, and it was convenient when out of the office. You can pull up the contact and if you just had a meeting with them, dictate the notes into logging a meeting. If you need to call them, just tap their phone number, and at the end of the call PW is already logging your call, just enter the notes about topics of discussion. However, the app needs improvement in terms of the dashboard, such as calendar and to do list like a call queue or other service tasks.

You have to submit tickets for every little thing. It's extremely annoying and waste of your time.

I decided to cancel this, pulled all of my data out of PW and set it up in a spreadsheet. PW is barely more than a spreadsheet with a pretty interface. It's not worth the money. You might as well use something free -- or spend the money and get a real CRM with all the features you really need.
They will not let you cancel. There is no place to remove your billing information or cancel your plan. You have to submit a ticket and hope they answer it, but more likely, they'll ignore it because they are a greedy company that ignores the requests users make on their website for changes.

They claim they are the CRM google uses, but that's not true. This is a very immature piece of software that cannot handle a serious business with specialized needs. They may have partnered with

Pros

Interface is OK but needs improvement. The app was convenient, but needs a better dashboard.

Cons

High cost, lack of customization and features. Have to submit tickets for any help. Lack of training videos.

Top Copper Alternatives

• Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 12/08/2021

I really like Copper

For us it all hinges on Opportunity tracking - which we modified into a "start-to-finish/inquiry-to-money-collected" tracker. We don't use the project management or task management.

Pros

The Google integration and drag and drop pipelines/stages are what sold me. It didn't take long to learn and start modifying it for our activity/information needs. The mobile version is more than adequate and the whole UI is well done.

Like all good software, I'm sure there are features and shortcuts we don't use enough, but basically, it is more than suited for what we use it for; Customer information and job process tracking.

Cons

These cost more money - via upgrade; Mailchimp integration, adding many custom fields, and better than limited reporting. We run the Basic version.

Zoho CRM, Insightly and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper

It was the best UI, Google integrated, flexible one of what we looked at.
Allison

Reviewed on 06/10/2020

Copper - CRM

Overall, a very good CRM. It has all the functionality and tools I need to manage the sales process.

Pros

Copper is a solid CRM with lots of features to help handle your sales funnel from start to finish.
You can sort/filter and run lists, export lists, and manage tracking of interactions, schedule follow ups and keep track of emails.

Cons

There are a few key features on Copper that are not intuitive/user friendly. It's not that they are difficult, but features could be better marked and highlighted as to how to do certain things on the platform. I wish it had better tracking to manage a sales team.

Dave
Dave
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Easy onboarding, extremely tight integration with GSuite, but complete fail on email tracking

Happy with the tight and transparent integration with GSuite, but cancelled due to the failure of email tracking.

Pros

We bought Copper (previously Prosperworks) to get CRM integrated with GSuite. Copper excels here: using the Chrome extension, you get transparent integration of Copper contact and activity tracking into GSuite, which works especially well with small teams. You can set up your own sales funnels, forecasting and project tracking, and everyone can see all the activity they are authorized for.

Cons

We wanted email tracking. While Copper offers rudimentary and amateurish tracking, they have completely abandoned the feature, despite continuing to describe it on their site. Worse, the feature is getting worse over time, which points to an out-of-control development process. For a more complete exploration, check this thread:

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

We canceled after 3 years due to this issue.

Reasons for Switching to Copper

We had Copper up and running within minutes. Salesforce didn't call back for two days.
Richard

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Copper CRM is Way Better than other CRM software I've tried -- and I've tried many.

With me now using Copper CRM, I've found that I can make about 20% more connections during a day because the software is so logically laid out and easy to use. It keeps all the information I need right where it would logically be located. So Copper has saved me time and made me more productive -- and it surprised me.

Pros

Copper is well designed, and very easy to use. It is logical and well laid out. I've tested 7 other products before Copper and they all were too cumbersome and hard to run.

Cons

I don't like having to retype the same address information into the program for a "Person" who I am Adding to a Company that already has that address information in it. There should be a pop-up that asks "Use same address as "Company Name?"

Madeline

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

A lifesaver for small companies!

I highly recommend Copper to companies who are looking to spend less time organizing touchpoints and more time doing the actual work at hand. Copper makes customer tracking and communications simple and has been a pleasure to work with.

Pros

- Couldn't be easier to implement (went live same day)
- Automatically gathers contact information for quick reference and reporting
- Easy-to-design email templates, scheduling, pipeline creation

Cons

- Logging in sometimes takes a few tries
- Chrome extension sometimes does not automatically login (deters use)
- More clear-cut pipeline design for product adoption (could be more customizability for business needs)

Response from Copper

Loving all the gold stars, Madeline! Thank you for the feedback.

Replied 26/02/2020
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 20/10/2019

Cool Copper

I set up all of my meetings and have all of my business and many of my personal contacts set up in Copper.

Pros

Copper tracks activity well and ability to make it a custom application for my use is helpful. I also like that it integrates with Gmail our company's email platform.

Cons

A bit expensive. No ability to attach files to emails sent within the system. Files can be attached if using Gmail.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Its ability to integrate with Google products.

Response from Copper

Greatly appreciate the review! As for the con you've listed, we do have a feature on the horizon that will address that concern and positively impact Copper users in a big way.

Replied 22/10/2019
Kayla
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 03/02/2022

Simple, Powerful Start-up CRM

We use copper as a CRM tool, a pipelining tool for fundraising, an ATS (applicant tracking system) for hiring, and a task management system for customer support.

Pros

Copper is a fantastic CRM for startups leveraging Gmail that want seamless integration and an intuitive UI. Pricing is affordable in early plans, enabling startups to leverage Copper in their earliest days.

Cons

The brand needs a revamp – there are so many muted color, bland CRM tools. Copper *feels* like a fresher experience, and I wish their brand matched that new feeling.

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Seamless integration, accessible price, reliable product.
Phil
  • Industry: Food Production

Sales for Organic Maple Syrup

Great tool for the price and for a team.

Pros

A very essential tool, pretty easy to use for Sales CRM.

Cons

Lots of features are not needed for the basic sale of a grocery product.
Would like to link a People of a Company to be the Companies Primary Contact. so there is only one entry for that in the Company.
Wish saved files could be viewed and not just downloaded.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and Insightly

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Copper (Prosperworks) is much better.

Results

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Better team integration. Better Gmail intergration.
Ramiro

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Operations Coordinator Opinion

We had a very good experience but we quit using it because of the price. It was too much for our needs. Though the features were amazing to have.

Pros

The integration with gmail is great. In our company we use google accounts, so using Copper extension; the CRM automatically update your contacts with the emails you send. It is very easy to maintain the leads updated.

Cons

The pricing was quite expensive. The basic plan is not good enough so you need at least the mid tier plan which may be expensive if you don't want to expend too much money. Sometimes they have discounts but they only last a few months.

Joshua

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

Great product, built on the best email provider!

- We used to use Pipedrive before Copper however when we got to know about this tool we have been really pleased with the decision to migrate to this tool
- I carried on the migration for my company and I faced little to no challenges in order to migrate my data
- Since, we need to work on it daily it is really a good experience to handle this tool
- Feed back from the team has been great as well.

Pros

-Best thing about it is the seamless integration with Gmail and the plugin that it provides within the email.
- Really like their training / help centre
- Workfllow automation is great, been using it a lot
- Get good reports out of these, especially the sales forecast and activites

Cons

- If I were to point out, it would be that they do not have a continuous support over livechat on weekends for certain hours.

- There isn't a direct way to get a report out of copper for any opportunities that have been moved to a particular stage at a particular time

Jesse

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

Convenient

Easy to work with and understand once you get into it. Works well for keeping a collection of information on projects in one organized location.

Pros

It was easy for multiple users to interface and access the same information either in the office or in the field.

Cons

We needed a software a little more robust that could working with our current systems and help with estimates.

Buildertrend

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Price and flexibility. We ended up switching to Buildertrend after about a year though.

Response from Copper

Bummed we weren't able to be a part of your tech stack but appreciate the insightful feedback, Jesse.

Hope we can be a solution for you in the future!

Replied 03/03/2020
Timothy
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

Hooked in by Gmail integration, Pushed Away by Lack of Features

The icing on the cake for us with Copper (which had an easier to remember name when it was called Prosperworks), was that we decided to cancel and reached out about ending our contract. Since we did it after the end of the 2nd year of our contract, we were now committed for a 3rd year. We had to remember to do so a month in advance of the end of our 1 year. Now, anyone who is in SaaS knows that this is insane. This is a self-setup system (I may have spoken to a person once). The only reason to do this is to take advantage of your customers. This is a terrible practice and I wish we had never made the mistake of engaging with them.

Pros

We embraced Copper even though it was a little pricey for a small business and required us to commit to a year. Our main reason for using it is that everyone in the company has to at some points be a salesperson and we thought that a tool built for Gmail would be the best option.

Cons

When we started to seriously use the software for more than big contracts and started to reach out to a lot of prospects, the holes in the system were glaring. There are a ton of small things that just drove us crazy. We ended with tons of duplicates. To eliminate them you have to export to Excel, etc. Not fun and not realistic. Any mistakes during data imports caused all sorts of data problems. There is no automating of drip email campaigns. The navigation is so confusing. We spent a lot of time figuring out where we clicked to get to a particular screen and how to replicate it. I found myself being super careful to do the exact same thing every time because it shows leads, contacts, accounts and opportunities in an alternating left-right fashion that is just confusing. The absolute biggest is that there are no reports that give you any insights into how your email is performing, which is odd because they've written blog posts on the importance of doing so. All you can see is a running list of who opened your email or didn't. It is like looking at a terminal window for error messages.

Response from Copper

Hi Timothy, thanks for the thorough review. We're very sorry about the experience you've had with our team in the past, and we're doing everything we can to make things right.

We understand Emilia from our team reached out and was able to connect with you to better understand where we could better improve and address the hurdles you've run into.

We're happy to hear the lines of communication were open and extend that offer to you beyond Emilia's initial outreach. Thanks again.

Replied 10/02/2020
Nathan
Nathan

Reviewed on 05/02/2021

OK product. TERRIBLE customer service. DECEPTIVE cancellation policy

OK product. Terrible company to do business with. Avoid.

Pros

Attractive, easy to use, with good G-Suite integration.

Cons

Labyrinthian cancellation process with UI designed to lead users as far away from a successful cancellation as possible. No confirmations of cancellation in UI or emailed. No user viewable record of cancellation.

I was billed for 10 months after I thought I cancelled. When I tried to login after noticing the charges, I was unable to even after attempting to reset my password (No user exists).

I explained the situation to customer service and they reset my account and told me they weren't able to discuss refunds for the past 10 months until I processed another cancellation on my reset account.

I did so and was billed AGAIN two days later. When I contact customer service, they said that per their policy, not only was that charge valid, but that I would be charged AGAIN next month before charges stopped. When I asked about a refund for the past 10 months, they said that I should have cancelled and when I said that I did, they said prove it. I told them that their system does not generate cancellation emails and they said that per company policy, they would provide no refunds without proof of cancellation. PROOF THAT DOESNT EXIST BECAUSE THERE IS NO RECORD OF CANCELLATION EMAILED TO YOU OR AVAILABLE IN THE APP.

Response from Copper

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. As a result of your feedback here and on other sites, and as a result of similar feedback from others, we have taken significant steps to improve as follows:

1. We hired a new VP of Customer Success, who took this problem on immediately.
2. He instituted 3 additional renewal email reminders: 90 days, 45 days, and 30 days before renewal
3. If the email reminder bounces due to account ownership changes, we assign the case to a Success Manager to track down the current owner to ensure the renewal notices are delivered
4. We adjust the renewal period not to start until we have confirmation that the account owner has been notified.
5. We rewrote our terms of service to make our policies more clear
6. We worked with support to provide clearer instructions on how to cancel an account.
7. We increased our support staff by 50% to make it easier for customers to get in touch.

We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Replied 12/07/2021
Roger
  • Industry: Capital Markets

Reviewed on 14/10/2022

Congrats Copper! You are now officially the worst customer service!!! Great job being a...

I have emailed and used the customer service bot on the website over 20 times since July to ask a basic question. Copper refuses to answer my question.

It is not humanly possible for a human to be as rude and stupid as the bot that never answers my question!!!

In my 30 years in business Copper by far has the worst customer service on the planet!!! Even worse than Pac Bell had back in the 1990’s and it was not possible to have customer service as dumb as theirs until Copper came along!!!!

Pros

Google Integration is what I liked the most!
I used to love proper works then it became Copper.

Taking away customer service is a major Blunder!!!!

Don't do business with copper unless you have plenty of time to waste hours of your life and cost you and your business tons of money in wasted production time.........

Cons

Which dumb-ass executive wakes up one day and takes away customer service!!!

Are you that ignorant that you believe your bot works????

Response from Copper

Hi Roger,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We're sorry to hear you've had this frustrating experience, and will review our processes to ensure they deliver better support for our customers. I've shared your information with the customer support team and they will reach out directly to hopefully resolve this issue.

Wishing you all the best,
Melanie at Copper

Replied 06/01/2023
Drew
Drew
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

Great CRM for Gmail Users

Great company with an excellent support team always available. Offer monthly training and update webinars as well.

Pros

Love this CRM as it integrates easily with Gmail. Good ways to customize the pipelines and customer management options.

Cons

Does take some time to set everything up and need to add on a few features to have it customize the way you want.

Reasons for Choosing Copper

Company was growing and needed a better CRM

Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Gmail integration and cost.

Response from Copper

Thank you for the kind words, Drew. Taking into consideration your cons for the product and see how we can work to make it better. Thanks again!

Replied 19/09/2019
Josh

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

A great CRM for a small to mid-sized company

Copper has been a great experience overall. Their Customer Success Managers are the most helpful, prompt and friendly people whenever there's a hiccup with Copper. The price per user is a bit expensive

Pros

What I like most about Copper is its built-in connectivity to all things Google. Auto-logging calendared events, easily adding files to records from our Google Drive, using the Copper add-on to easily push data out to Google Sheets and then Google Data Studio...it's great.

Cons

I believe Copper needs to focus on tightening up existing features before rolling out new features to compete with other platforms. There's a delicate balance between building new things and maintaining what already exists and I feel that sometimes their focus is too dedicated towards building new.

Connor
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 02/07/2020

Flexiable and Easy to Use

We've been able to create multiple ticketeing systems and pipelines to track ROI on new promotions and programs.

Pros

The flexibility the software offers through customization and its automated workflows make both your job as an admin, and your everyday user's lives so much easier. It's also so incredibly easy to learn even on the higher technical end it isn't challenging.

Cons

A number of the support articles are very outdated, especially in regards to the various integrations you can make, but reaching out to support usually fixes this.

Zoho CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Copper

The old program was just not cutting it. It wasn't mobile-friendly or as customizable as Copper.

Reasons for Switching to Copper

Customization, ease of use, and price
Maria

Reviewed on 21/08/2018

Not that Great

This is sold as limiting data entry, and it does a little. Maybe more once we get very familiar and are not trying to back track so that we can just use one system and not two while we get the other set up. I have to say that the OnBoarding that they provide is very good, and I like that they are able to provide that. I think some of the pitfalls are simply because it is web hosted and that comes with its own assortment of issues.

Pros

I like that I (theoretically) can see emails that were sent to a client even if I was not included, it makes it more helpful when I am trying to find information, or figure out what the status of a client is. The automated tasks are useful if you do them right.

Cons

It is constantly syncing and if you are a fast typer it will delete what you have written while it was syncing sometimes. That is incredibly frustrating. It's also not a totally intuitive system, it is obviously still in its early stages and therefore a little clunky. Also, if you are not an admin you have basically no power to add things that you might need in a sort of random situation. I have to go to my admin all the time to add things that I need, and maybe it is only for one client, but I need that field or option or automated task and I am not allowed to add it myself. You are unable to view more than one client in the small side bar of an "opportunity", and you are unable to see their names when just looking at the opportunity. Also the terms that they use are very salesy, and not very customizable or people oriented. The customization of how you view things also seems very limited. I like being able to view all my contacts by last name, that isn't really easily possible with this. It's just an adjustment but it would be a lot better for me if it was not something that I had to adjust to. It is web hosted so if you are not somewhere with wifi or data you can't access anything.

Praveen

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

ProsperWorks is one of the best CRM solutions I used so far

Pros

Has a standardized graphical user interface. Has superb marketing feature. It is simple to install the setup and doesn't require much training on its usage. Helps you track leads and automatically sending them notifications, thereby increasing the sales. It is cloud-based and is integrated with Google applications making it easy to track all the interactions with your clients, Mailchimp, linked in. You can create and notes for each lead. It has a feature, wherein you can check if a prospect has opened your mail or not. The customer service and support team are very responsive. Each of the client’s profile comprises relevant information in addition to the previous conversation threads. Pipeline reporting helps large businesses. You can prioritize and plan all your events and meetings and set up task reminders. As it is integrated with Google products, manual data entry is avoided and it has helped in saving time and minimizing errors.

Cons

One of the main drawbacks of this CRM is that it lacks call integrations. The reporting feature needs upgradation.

Mehdi
Mehdi

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Cooper aka Prosperworks is Love

Im using it daily for 10-12h, if they would improve their mobile version and implement a dark mode, so that i don’t get blind i would be gassed.

Pros

Without Copper i would be loosing so much hair, that i would be bald of the amount of stress consumption i get to account all my Leads & Opportunities.

Cons

nothing

Response from Copper

Preventing Mehdi from hair loss since 2017.

Looking to keep it that way for you for years to come!

Replied 21/02/2020
Mohit

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

So far the best CRM

Great platform to manage the leads an opportunity. Seamless experience as it integrates with gmail.

Pros

The drag and drop feature for opportunities works the best. Eg: Qualified lead to pricing sent etc.
The integration with Gmail is fantastic. No need to go to the actual Copper website to create a lead or an opportunity, it can simply be done from your gmail page.

The files column helps to keep all documents at one single place for review. Also, the tag functionality works for me very well in terms of a collaborative effort on a specific opportunity.

Cons

Logging the task of an opportunity even once you have marked it as done. I feel this is unnecessary

Robert

Great for Google Integration

Good, when I have asked for "support" they have gotten back to me quickly.

Pros

If Google is your email service then Copper is the best CRM System.

Cons

Tagging cross contacts. I have investors and borrowers, and the ability to take what my investor says on the file and cross it over to the borrower's file would be nine.

Cost at the time