About Benchmark Email

Benchmark Email is a cloud-based email marketing platform. It offers email templates for different occasions and events. It helps users manage email campaigns. It provides Email signup forms on website, blog and social media to...

4.1
3.9
4.2

Browse Benchmark Email Reviews

Bob
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 18/09/2018

My Review of Benchmark Email

Very good! Customer support responded quickly to my inquiries. For emailing your customer base easily and on a regular basis - this is good value for the money.

Pros

I loved the ability to design newsletters and email them directly to my subscribers. They have many different templates for you to choose from. The ease of use made my actual "writing time" for a newsletter minimal.

Cons

I used Benchmark when I first started in online business. It was very easy to use and the price was in my comfort zone. I then tried to set up a couple of "funnels" and could not do so (this was a couple of years ago - so time may have changed). I contacted Customer Support and was informed that the system I was trying to put in place was not available through Benchmark, that they were only for emailing directly. Unfortunately, I had to close my account and move on to a competitor that did allow me to build out my funnels for online marketing.

• Industry: Market Research
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Easy to use platform

Overall, I am satisfied and will continue to use Benchmark . I started on a Free Trial and upgraded to a paid service. I plan on sticking to Benchmark for a quarterly newsletter and using to send invitation or special emails.

Pros

This platform is very user-friendly. It doesn't take much effort to get up to speed on how to use it, and there are many email templates to choose from so you don't always have to create something from scratch! I think it's good value for the money, and the support team has been very helpful in my experience.

Cons

There ares some features where I feel limited. I am not too experienced with softwares like this, so I don't know what's available....but I really wish there was a pop-up feature, where users could click on a button and it would connect to their email to forward a newsletter for example. I also have experienced some deliverability issues and have not been 100% satisfied with the response. I think with this and being a new user, it takes time to learn and develop the best strategy.

Typeform and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Benchmark Email

I also use type form, but I don't use it for email. I have considered Mailchimp because it seems to be widely used (I see its logo often on emails/newsletters). I chose Benchmark because I like the look & feel of the website and some of the design elements.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for the review and high rating.

Regarding the feature you mentioned, we do have a forward option for the campaigns you send. When you have a moment, log in and chat with us, we'd love to show you how this feature works and also how to improve your deliverability.

- Benchmark Team

Replied 30/05/2019
Jaden Rose
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 22/06/2022

Easy to Use Email Marketing

I think this is a good free software to use for basic email marketing.

Pros

I liked using this email marketing software when I was just getting started. It had a free and cheap first tier account. I used the forms to integrate onto my website. I also sent out weekly emails to my list. I also used some of the "light" email automations.

Cons

In order to use more complex email automations, you have to switch over to a paid tier.

Top Benchmark Email Alternatives

Judith

Reviewed on 15/04/2017

Waiting For the Beta

I have used other email marketing programs. I chose Benchmark because I wanted an inexpensive option for a project for a client. I would say Benchmark is easy to use and easy to learn especially if you have ever used an email marketing program before. But like all software programs, it has its quirks and you learn to get around them.

But Benchmark's tutorials, FAQs and feature lists may not supply you with all the information you need. For instance, there are two email automation programs that each offer only one or two automated steps after the trigger. Nowhere in the documentation did it clearly state that only the Automation Pro, that is still in Beta, offers a customer's journey that you can use to send out more than two emails in a sequence.

On the other hand, don't pay for more than you need. If you blast out emails to a list of established customers with only quarterly sales discounts, or discounts for birthdays and holidays, Benchmark is enough. And Benchmark is inexpensive. But if you want to onboard various segments of your customers, educating them and eliciting their engagement, this is not the email marketing program for you.

There are two locations for live support, one is offshore and the other is domestic. The offshore folks are nice people but they mainly operate by rote. The domestic support gets it right, but I am still waiting to find out if a personalized greeting can be added to the Automation Beta. In my opinion, a personalized greeting should be a standard feature in a customer's journey. I don't know if it is or not and none of their stated info tells you.

Pros

Benchmark is easy to use. Easy to set up. Good for very simple customer outreach, i.e a storefront that collects emails and wants to alert customers to sales.

Cons

Very limited feature set. Not standard at this point.

Response from Benchmark Email

Hi Judith,

We appreciate you using Benchmark Email and taking the time to provide some feedback. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our ease of use as well.

We do, however, want to address some of your points in regards to our FAQs and tutorials as well as Automation Pro. Admittedly, our FAQs and tutorials are an area we¿d like to put more focus on. That¿s why we¿ve recently established a training department to help keep those areas better up-to-date and helpful to marketers. Our tools are constantly evolving and the support resources we provide must as well. We¿re confident this new department will succeed in this regard, as well as with keeping all support offices across the globe on the same page.

Your feedback in regards to Automation Pro is an integral part of the beta process. We expect new features to continue to be added to the automation platform throughout the beta period and after.

Again, thanks for the kind words and feedback.

Replied 18/04/2017
LaToya
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 23/05/2022

Benchmark

Overall, initially Benchmark was OK. The business problem I was solving with this product was sending out email campaigns.

Pros

The feature I liked the most about Benchmark Email was the automated email campaign.

Cons

The main issue I had with Benchmark was the deliverance of my emails. For some reason, once my emails were sent out, according to the report in Benchmark, emails were not being opened. That was very strange that none of my emails were being opened.

Constant Contact
  • Industry: Media Production

Happy customer

Overall I enjoy using it very much.

Pros

Unlike other email programs, benchmark allows me to send as many emails as I need without having to pay extra. I think benchmark is one of the only platforms that allows me to pay on the basis of the number of records and add the number of emails that I send.

Cons

Sometimes there is massive delays in receiving test emails.

Reasons for Switching to Benchmark Email

Because they charge you by the number of emails that you send. benchmark does not do that.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Michael,

Thank you for your review.

Please don't doubt to chat with us if you're encountering issues with our test emails. We'll be glad to help.

- Benchmark Team

Noel

Reviewed on 21/02/2022

Easy to use email marketing software

Excellent customer service right from the get go

Pros

I like that Benchmark is clean looking and easy to navigate. You can create an email in no time.
I like the email templates.

Cons

I don't like that I have to create a segment to email a few people in my list.
Also my current website doesn't integrate with Benchmark to save emails. They said they were working on that feature, however. So not Benchmark issue.

Constant Contact and MailerLite

Reasons for Choosing Benchmark Email

MailChimp isn't easy to use and has virtually no customer service. I'm a yoga instructor, not an IT specialist

Reasons for Switching to Benchmark Email

No fuss interfaces and easy to use for my small business. Plus I was connected with a very helpful sales rep
Abed
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Benchmark Email

No benefits yet

Pros

Ease of use. Nice design, Makes it easy to track performance

Cons

I have sent the first email yesterday. Out of 409 people, only 75 have viewed the mail so far. No one registered online yet.

One concern is that emails go to promotion or to junk.

Another, is that marketing for your software is misleading. Is started with the free plan thinking that I can upload up to 2400 contacts and email them. The free plan did not work properly, I was allowed to email 250 persons a month, and I wasnt allowed to upload the contact list because your check found out that I have more than 5% invalid emails ( I believe this is a policy to force upgrading to pro, which we were going to do after testing the performance of benchmark).

Reasons for Switching to Benchmark Email

My friends at my other job use benchmark so I would be able to ask them questions. Also it was stated that we are allowed to send 2400 email on Free Plan, I was surprised yesterday that I am only allowed 250 a month. And I had issues uploading the contact list which required that I purchase the pro vrsion.
Craig

Reviewed on 18/11/2021

An Antiquated Platform With Horrible Customer Service

Benchmark simply didn't meet our needs. Switching to Mailchimp was simple and one of the best decisions we could have made at the time.

Pros

The overall functionality of the system was adequate and did what we needed it to do at the time (2011-2012). System was fairly intuitive

Cons

Bounce rates would change drastically for no apparent reason. Customer support was of no assistance at the time and was located offshore, so they were hard to reach during our normal business hours. We rarely dealt with the same rep, which was time consuming as we had to explain our situation on multiple occasions.

Reviewed on 12/02/2022

Really good but expensive and complicated

Pros

- accurate statistics
- easy to use
- flexible design (emails looks good on any screen/device)

Cons

- price is too high
- pretty slow support
- it is hard to adjust scheduled emails considering all available settings (especially time zones)

Juan

Reviewed on 18/10/2021

Unlimited emails per day, this is how I summarize this efficient platform

In the company where we use this tool, we send between 10,000 and 15,000 emails a day, the most important thing is that at the end of the month there are more than 250,000 emails to our databases, with open rates always above 10% and with tools tracking, landing pages and many other functions we have always stressed that Benchmark Email is the best company of its kind in the world. Others much more recognized may offer the same, but at prices well above what they grant, so you will always be grateful with this tool

Pros

The main feature to highlight is the price (what they provide for that excellent price is hard to match for many other competing companies) and its excellent function of being able to send thousands of emails per day to my lists, without thinking that they will charge me extras or that my emails will end.

Cons

It will sound strange, but in more than 5 years of using this Benchmark Email platform, we have never had problems of any kind, they have always served us excellently, they have always offered us improvements at unbeatable prices and we have never had problems.

Zoho Mail and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Benchmark Email

The main issue was the price.

Marcy
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Great list management and decent email software

Benchmark helps us communicate with our clients in a way that is both easy for us to use and easy on the eyes (for clients).

Pros

Creating and using lists is very easy, especially with the new upgrades! Adding contacts to lists works well with various options. I tend to upload excel files to make new lists, very easy within Benchmark.

I do like that it's easy to merge lists -- and that the software only accepts one contact (if that contact is already on the merge to list).

Somewhat easy to use when creating emails -- selecting blocks and design [but the source code isn't as easy to decipher and use (my commands do not seem to "take").] Using attachments and links and media is pretty easy as well.

The reports (opens, click thrus etc) are very good! [However with the new interface, it's not as easy to back-track to the original Email Report (I find myself having to choose again from the report list).]

Cons

I don't really like that I can't "re-send" emails on my own schedule (not have to wait 1 week after last send).

Also, emails from Benchmark DO get caught up in Junk Spam Trash Promotions folders of recipients and we do need to remind them (often) to check for their email.

Also, when "copying" an email to use and re-name as a new email, I do not like that the software selects the "old" contact list to also mail to -- I've mistakenly sent emails to old contact lists and that was not a good thing in my situation.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Marcy,

Thanks for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know about your concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.

- Benchmark Team

Brian

Hits the Mark!

We are a Provincial Health Authority covering an area roughly the size of France, and current health related information is critical to our subscribers. Benchmark resolved an issue of timely, wide reach that we had been trying to resolve.

Pros

The best part of this software is the ability to plan the reach in advance so our contacts are kept 'in the know' even when the editor is otherwise occupied with meetings, conferences, etc. We have three separate weekly and bi weekly going out to three different audiences, covering 2,500 individual contacts, and we can pre-populate weeks in advance and backfill where necessary at the last min, or just let the information go as scheduled.

Cons

The learning curve was steep, but short. We had a couple of false starts to begin with, but learned from our errors.
Line spacing can be an issue. Even when the preview shows single spaced sometimes the publication comes out 1.5 or double spaced - not a big problem for our use, but we get some calls from our constituents about "weird formatting".

Response from Benchmark

Hello Brian,

Thank you for your feedback and great rating.

Chat with us to help you with the formatting of your email, sometimes something as small as copying and pasting can affect the format.

- Benchmark Team

Replied 04/06/2019
Hasnain
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Great Service

The software overall is great. It allows me import the contacts I want in any way I want, create emails, schedule or send emails out immediately and even has analytics for the emails that have been sent out.

Pros

When creating an email, it is ever so easy. There are many templates to choose from and if you don't want a template you don't have to use one!
I can create an email within minutes as the click and drop feature allows me to have my email layouts exactly the way I want it.

Cons

Some of the templates I am unable to add things to. For example, there was a template with a blank space for aesthetic reasons. I would have much rather place an image in the area, however I couldn't. There isn't many negatives I can comment on this software as it is brilliantly done.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Hasnain,

Thanks for the great feedback.

Next time you're working on a template and need assistance, let us know!

- Benchmark Team

Amanda

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

Good but better customer communication needed

Overall, the program works well. Communication needs worked on.

Pros

The software is easy to use and offers a variety of layouts.

Cons

Over the past 12 months or so, Benchmark has removed several internal functions. No communication about the changes was shared and we did not find out until we had to contact customer service. Each time we were told that Benchmark now recommends third-party add-ins.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Amanda,

Thanks for your review.

We will take your feedback into consideration.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Easy to use and scalable

Email marketing , small business

Pros

Easy to use and very practical, code, 3th parts options, partnert programs

Cons

Sometimes emails go to spam and reports dont show exactly what happened

Price and technical support

Response from Benchmark

Hello,

Thanks for your review. Please let us know what you need to see on your reports. We're always improving our features.

- Benchmark Team

Jeetendraa
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Best for email marketing

Its good and price effective.

Pros

Very easy to use.As you don't require a trained staff to work on benchmark.

Cons

More templates to be included. As for travels there are very few. You must include new templates in every 2/3 months. So that we dont use the same templates again and again. Also templates options for Indian Festivals.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Jeetendraa,

Thank you for the review and high rating.

We will take into consideration the templates request.

- Benchmark Team

Jessica
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

Easy comunication of our services and products to our contacts.

Pros

Is easy to use, and have a good team of client support.

Cons

The editor should be easy adjust to the client design, and i would like to know how to use all the tools but the informations or videos are in english and it will be good to have it in my own language.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for the review and high rating!

Chat with us at any time and ask for our spanish YouTube channel.

- Benchmark Team

Mohammed

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Email feedback from

Average

Pros

Good for normal email campaign and good that BM has inbuilt list of unsubscribe and invalid contats

Cons

Not at all suitable for heavy automation no form for opt out like mail chimp offer

Response from Benchmark

Hello Mohammed,

Thank you for the feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and ask us about our Manage Subscription form and share with us other concerns you may have.

- Benchmark Team

Ian
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

A Very Good Auto-responder That Fits My Needs

Pros

What I like most about the software is when I signed up it was free up to the first two thousand subscribers and still allows the feature of having an auto-responder on it. This is very helpful to someone when you're first starting out, as an independent self-published author you need something that can send a lead magnet/free gift to get people to sign up to your email list, a lot of the other email list providers don't allow for the auto-responder aspect unless you use a paid version of their software.

Cons

As of yet, I can honestly say I haven't found anything difficult with using Benchmark or that there's anything missing or needs to be improved on. It's hard to complain about the free email account when you're starting out.

Ranjan

Reviewed on 12/06/2019

Using Benchmark for last 8-9 years

Excellent - till a year back
Poor - since the last few months (just unacceptable)
Unless there is restoration of Benchmark used to be, we will stop using the platform

Pros

Ease of use ... pro-active helpdesk
This has been reason that we have been using the platform for so many years

Cons

There has been a serious deterioration in the quality of the platform. Delivery rates have dropped upto by about 90-95% of what it used to be. Frivolous checks have been introduced that even your helpdesk is helpless to explain. Currently the platform as good as useless for us and already we have started working parallel to other platforms where are getting similar results that we used to get using Benchmark.

All our emails through your platform is directed only to our clients or prospective clients who have signed with us to receive communication from us.

Response from Benchmark

Hi Ranjan,

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. Email is a constantly evolving medium and we work hard to keep our processes up-to-date with best practices to ensure deliverability.

While I don't have the information I need to identify your account and speak to the issues at hand, if you would contact our support team via phone, chat and email, we can review your account to see where we may be able to help.

- Benchmark Team

Replied 10/07/2019
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Benchmark Email is Indeed the Benchmark

Benchmark Email continues to raise the bar and continue to be the benchmark in terms of creating genuine email campaigns and automated emails. We are closer to our clients now because of this amazing platform

Pros

It has a drag and drop email design which makes it really easy to use. It is also possible to send out automated emails and personalized emails to help drive revenue. Their customer relations is also really impressive

Cons

Everything works perfectly in my opinion. There is virtually nothing to dislike

Response from Benchmark

Hello,

Thanks for your review.

Michelle
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 05/12/2016

It just didn't work for me.

I tried Benchmark Email for a couple of months and while I found it fairly easy to use, I was disappointed in the low amount of "views" my emails got when I checked on the status. I understand that since I do not have my own domain named email, that free email services such as "Gmail" often end up in spam filters. However, I have used another email marketing service and got more opened emails through them, so I fear the stigma is more on Benchmark than the fact that I use a free email provider. Otherwise, I can't explain why the other service I have used worked better. For this reason, I have stopped using Benchmark, after a couple of months, and went back to my previous provider. It's no offense to the service, but if it's not working for me, as a marketing tool, why should I continue to use it?

Pros

The emails look very professional and the software is easy to use.

Cons

I was not getting enough feedback compared to another marketing tool I have used, so I decided to stop using Benchmark.

Response from Benchmark Email

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for this feedback, it really means a lot to us.

Based on your feedback, I understand your decision to use an alternative service.

Email delivery is essential to our service. We know we had issues with this in the past and we are working hard to provide our clients with the best email delivery possible. We are improving our vetting systems to avoid "spammer" like clients that could affect our sending reputation and we are improving our back end technology as well.

We are also working on more education to help our users understand best email marketing practices.

Again, Thank You for this feedback and we hope the next time you try us, your experience is much better.

- Daniel Miller

Replied 05/12/2016
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

We have been using it for a long time

Pros

This software is practical to use in a daily v

Cons

The e-mail sender is always changing so the receiver can not record the e-mail address in is non spam list.

Response from Benchmark

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, please chat with us, we'd love to assist you on the email sender matter.

- Benchmark Team

Mathew

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

simple yet powerful

Pros

benchmark provides a great WYSIWYG editor - much better than most and all of the preset templates are fully responsive. Navigation is simple, the layout is clean, and the reporting functionality is great. seamless automation mapping makes setting up automated campaigns a breeze. GREAT customer service is also a bonus.

Cons

Like most email marketing suites, it can get pricey as subscribership grows a there are lower cost alternatives available but they lack the functionality that benchmark offers. image storage is limited to 10mb without upgrading to unlimited for an additional five a month. Deliverability is ok but could be further improved but is getting better.

Response from Benchmark

Thanks for the review Mathew. We have worked countless hours to get the editor where it's at. It makes our day to read a comment like this :). At this time, email delivery is our top priority and we look forward to continuously improve our sending methods for best delivery to the inbox. Thank you for choosing Benchmark and for taking the time to write this review.

Replied 12/07/2018