About Benchmark Email

Benchmark Email is a cloud-based email marketing platform. It offers email templates for different occasions and events. It helps users manage email campaigns. It provides Email signup forms on website, blog and social media to...

Browse Benchmark Email Reviews

153 of 49,572 reviews

Reviewed on 07/02/2018

Does basic functions well

Benchmark helped us keep all of our data organized and made it easy to connect with our supporters.

Pros

Benchmark was a great launching pad for my organization's email campaigns. Eventually we switched to Mailchimp because it allowed us more options for special offers and was easier to integrate with other systems. However, Benchmark got the job done initially and was easy to then export our contacts when moving to a new system.

Cons

Benchmark does not offer as much as mailchimp for tracking, growth, and integration. It is a more basic email campaign management software, but does the basics very well.

Response from Benchmark

Thanks for the review! I know our integration options aren't as extensive as some of our competitors but we are working fast to expand these. Thank you for your business and we wish you the best! :)

Replied 09/02/2018
Derrick C.

Great but needs improvement

Its a decent program but for the money, it is to many glitches that need to be addressed. Spell check needs to be added back into the program as well.

Pros

Easy to Use
Clean layout
Ease of customizing templates
Training other team members on how to use is easy

Cons

Customer service is not that great - Most are not American so language is hard to understand
Too many glitches when working in templates
Have to send several TEST emails to make sure the functions are correct
The same email delivered to different members of my team show up differently or have different links
A lot of bugs in the back that need to be addressed
No Spell check function anymore
The image editor is not that great
uploading lists can be a pain sometimes you have to do them multiple times in order for them to get uploaded

Response from Benchmark

Hello Derrick,

Thanks for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us and let us know your concerns. We'll be glad to offer you a solution.

- Benchmark Team

Verity L.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 20/09/2020

User-friendly, Great Support

I send out a great many videos and wouldn't use a email service without this capability. My trial period was cut short due to the limitations on a free account, forcing me to pay before I had a chance to evaluate the platform. I feel there should be special pricing for a Non-Profit. I'd like to see unlimited contacts and due to a paid account, have unlimited emails.

Pros

I've experienced great support and sending my first email was fairly easy. Drag & Drop feature is a good selling point.

Cons

The editor is slow and I set the line spacing but it seems to choose what it wants.

Top Benchmark Email Alternatives

Marvin B.

Reviewed on 11/06/2019

Great product

The biggest benefit to me is being able to let the actions of my list determine which offers are sent to them. Great business booster

Pros

Automation pro is among the best things to happen to email marketing. Setting up "if/then' sequences does wonders for my campaigns

Cons

Nothing at all that I can think of.

Response from Benchmark

We are very happy to receive your positive feedback! Automation Pro was designed to help our customers save time and money when running campaigns. We are pleased it has helped boost your business.

- Benchmark Team

Replied 10/07/2019
Gabriella D.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Everything you need, all in one place!

We were really struggling to get customers to leave reviews about their experience and by sending out email blasts to them with clickable articles and links, we increased our reviews.

Pros

I love that benchmark has several different templates to choose from so that you don't have to start from scratch as a new user. Benchmark also makes it so easy to schedule mass emails and they really do hit your inbox when it says it will.

Cons

I do wish there were a few more creative options on the editor to really make those emails pop.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Gabriella,

Thank you for the review and high rating.

We have noted down your recommendation.

- Benchmark Team

Elesa D.
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

Benchmark is a great solution to sending bulk emails. The provided designs are easy to use. The segmentation of contacts is perfect for the type of emails I send. Whenever an issue I can't figure out, the customer support is fast acting and always solves my issue efficiently.

Pros

Benchmark email software is very easy to use, it's affordable.

Cons

There is not anything I can think of that I like least.

Response from Benchmark

Hello Elesa,

Thanks for your review and high rating!

- Benchmark Team

Ana H.

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Very easy and intuitive tool to do email marketing.

It allowed me to create my first email marketing campaigns without having technical knowledge on the subject.

Pros

What I like most about benchmark is how easy it is to create and run a campaign, it guides you step by step and allows you to better organize the list of subscribers to email newsletters, it can be used for free with certain limitations as to to the number of emails and subscribers to handle. The templates available are modern and attractive even the free ones.

Cons

I could not integrate it correctly to program the newsletters of an ecommerce developed with the magento software, although benchmark offers that possibility my version of magento is not the latest version so it did not work well.

Matthew H.

Benchmark

Pros

It has multiple email templates that allow for creativity while also allowing us to send to multiple segments, multiple email lists and also import our own personal designs.

Cons

Difficulty navigating the site, open rates and automated emails

Response from Benchmark

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for the review.

- Benchmark Team

Jennifer E.

Reviewed on 10/11/2016

Benchmark email

Overall, Benchmark meets our needs. However, we like to set up our code in a different program, rather than a template (in Dreamweaver). We run into issues where the code doesn't transfer cleanly. It takes a lot of reformatting.

Response from Benchmark Email

Hello Jennifer,

Thanks for the review. In regards to your feedback, when bringing in code from programs like Dreamweaver, our platform will cut out code that isn't supported by all email clients. We do this to avoid errors or layout issues. Below is a link with some tips that might help. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us. Thanks again! http://www.benchmarkemail.com/help-FAQ/answer/Common-HTML-Email-Coding-Mistakes

Replied 12/12/2016
Joe H.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 23/03/2016

Pretty Solid ESP

We've been using Benchmark for about half a year to manage a number of email campaigns including our newsletter. We needed a more affordable ESP with unlimited sends and a good template editor, which Benchmark fulfilled. The emails are easy to edit, the reporting is solid, and the customer support is great.

Pros

Great WYSIWYG email editor and great customer support team. At first some of the UX is confusing, but once you get the hang of it, it's easy. The customer support team has a live chat, and they'll help you immediately with anything you have. Reporting is pretty good too, and you can see results in either tables or graphs.

Cons

In rare cases, test emails and email blasts are delayed in sending out. This can be a problem when A/B testing emails. Other than that, no real problems.

Kristen B.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

Great

Very user friendly

Pros

Easy to create new emails and send them out

Cons

Still learning the software and getting familiar

Matthew S.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Benchmark Review

Good email verification process for uploads and flexibility to bulk send in high quantities for lead generation and prospect pipeline support

Pros

Integration with Benchmark CRM
Creative and visual interface is user friendly

Cons

Lots of email go straight through to Junk
Reasonable value for money, however more affordable services out there

Response from Benchmark

Hello Matthew,

Thanks for your feedback.

Whenever you have a moment, chat with us to see how you can improve you deliverability.

- Benchmark Team

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

It is a great tool for reports and asking for help.

Pros

It is simple and easy to use and navigate.

Cons

Nothing that I could think of at this time.

Response from Benchmark

Hi,

Thank you for your review and high rating.

- Benchmark Team

Greg R.
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

REVIEW

very poor I have used competitors and it's hassle free

Pros

What I liked most was the ability to create flyers' I also likes the custmer service people through chat box
they were the best

Cons

I didnt like talking to the rep; She seemed every time that she just wanted to git rid of me; Benchmark showed that I had 400 un opened emails; I called many of these customers ( the 400 unopened) They did not even receive an email; ( scary) I then called bench mark and told them this; They responded that is because the un opened emails are in your customer's spam file , Once again I started calling customers and told them to check their spam and of course they did ( the benchmark emails were not in their spam either) Benchamark from what i can see is a very poor service; They tell you u have un opened emails and this is not true. (The emails not being sent) The rep is not helpful at all' I am going to have to cancel my credit card because something is not right with this company' Constant contact is much easier and effective
i am sincerely sorry to have to make this review/ I t is not my style' Something is wrong with this company

Robert S.

Reviewed on 04/02/2016

Susan C.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Benchmark makes my life easy!

My main objective was to create a monthly Newsletter. I was successful and hope to continue, and probably upgrade for more tools and benefits.

Pros

The templates and tools are very user friendly. Able to make a professional looking newsletter in a short amount of time. Easy learning curve to create great email blasts and content. Lots of support from Benchmark reaching out to make sure I was engaged.

Cons

I am happy with it so far. I will be learning more about the capabilities as I continue to use Benchmark's services.

Michael L.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

Used it several times and like the ease of use and the analytics

Quick email templates to send at moments notice or plan for future campaigns.

Pros

Quick and easy method to sending mass emails and I like the up to date analytics with open rates and bounce backs as well.

Cons

Cost was a little more than I could budget at this time; we are a start up division and unfortunately we have to scrutinize all expenses.

Kerry B.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 19/11/2016

Lisa A.

Reviewed on 01/09/2015

Benchmark Email Marketing is the Best!

Pros
-Superior Customer Service
-Easy Interface
-Lightening Fast

Cons
-None so far

James Y.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 12/10/2019

upgraded and still limited me to 50 emails after I broke our 12 year old list into three...

sent a support email with still no response

Pros

needed an email medium to keep members updated at a fair price

Cons

upgraded from free trial to paid and still limited me to 50 emails after I broke our 12 year old list into three sections

Henna P.

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Jessie P.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

Experience sharing

Pros

Easy to use layout design.
Very aggressive service.

Cons

Too many mails were returned. Currently looking for a solution.

Abed H.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

Benchmark Email

No benefits yet

Pros

Ease of use. Nice design, Makes it easy to track performance

Cons

I have sent the first email yesterday. Out of 409 people, only 75 have viewed the mail so far. No one registered online yet.

One concern is that emails go to promotion or to junk.

Another, is that marketing for your software is misleading. Is started with the free plan thinking that I can upload up to 2400 contacts and email them. The free plan did not work properly, I was allowed to email 250 persons a month, and I wasnt allowed to upload the contact list because your check found out that I have more than 5% invalid emails ( I believe this is a policy to force upgrading to pro, which we were going to do after testing the performance of benchmark).

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Benchmark Email

My friends at my other job use benchmark so I would be able to ask them questions. Also it was stated that we are allowed to send 2400 email on Free Plan, I was surprised yesterday that I am only allowed 250 a month. And I had issues uploading the contact list which required that I purchase the pro vrsion.
David E.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

GOOD TOOL FOR MAILS

Pros

Very easy to use. A lot of grids. You can make an email insert images, documents in few minutes.

Cons

More grids and a liitle program to format images will be fine

Response from Benchmark

Hello David,

Thanks for your high rating.

We're always working on improving our features. Image editor is one of them.

- Benchmark Team

Ranjan G.

Reviewed on 12/06/2019

Using Benchmark for last 8-9 years

Excellent - till a year back
Poor - since the last few months (just unacceptable)
Unless there is restoration of Benchmark used to be, we will stop using the platform

Pros

Ease of use ... pro-active helpdesk
This has been reason that we have been using the platform for so many years

Cons

There has been a serious deterioration in the quality of the platform. Delivery rates have dropped upto by about 90-95% of what it used to be. Frivolous checks have been introduced that even your helpdesk is helpless to explain. Currently the platform as good as useless for us and already we have started working parallel to other platforms where are getting similar results that we used to get using Benchmark.

All our emails through your platform is directed only to our clients or prospective clients who have signed with us to receive communication from us.

Response from Benchmark

Hi Ranjan,

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way. Email is a constantly evolving medium and we work hard to keep our processes up-to-date with best practices to ensure deliverability.

While I don't have the information I need to identify your account and speak to the issues at hand, if you would contact our support team via phone, chat and email, we can review your account to see where we may be able to help.

- Benchmark Team

Replied 10/07/2019