About Hiver

Hiver is the world’s first helpdesk built for Google Workspace. Hiver helps teams deliver fast and empathetic customer service, right from the tool they are already familiar with - Gmail. This means they can assign, track, and...

Browse Hiver Reviews

Daniel J.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

Hiver Is A Must For High Volume Inboxes

Pros

Hiver is great for my team as we have several high volume inboxes. Prior to Hiver our teams would all log into a separate inbox and choose pages to work from which became increasingly less efficient.

Hiver has changed this by adding all our inboxes in one place. The ability to assign emails and collision detection has also greatly reduced instances of double up on work as well. The collaboration tools are great with the ability to leave notes and @ mention other users as in the past we would be creating drafts in the emails to leave notes. It also provides the ability for automation which allows us to prioritize specific items

Cons

It would be nice to have the ability to sort emails from oldest to newest

Analytics can be a little hard to follow at times, though they do allow you to export the raw data and extrapolate from there

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

Hiver is a must to manage G-Suite shared inbox

Hiver provides the functionality we require to manage a G-Suite shared inbox.

Pros

Before Hiver, managing a shared support Inbox was impossible. Hiver ensures that no client requests are missed, that every request is assigned quickly, and that we all have visibility into what others are working on.

Cons

I would like to see some simple analytics at the base subscription level.

James G.

Reviewed on 22/06/2020

Helpful product for our email needs

Pros

Very helpful insights into tracking emails, templates, and workflows.

Cons

For a while, Hiver didn't integrate with a number of our other applications. However, the Hiver support team has been very helpful and as such we don't have these issues any more.

Top Hiver Alternatives

Adam F.

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Great tools for easy email management

Pros

The snooze feature and the shared labels are awesome. The snooze feature makes it very easy to manage your email.

Cons

It is at times glitchi. I have had to go to the webpage and launch gmail from there because it did not load regularly with Gmail. The fact that they are raising our rate 4 times what it is now.

Mike M.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 13/09/2019

Makes life easy

Great - available when/if issues arrive.

Pros

Allows for easy overlap with Gmail - makes shared boxes easy for little work. Cost seems appropriate.

Cons

A little tricky for startup for those that don't like change. Just have to get them to adapt

Asher S.

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

endless problems

would not recommend

Pros

works sometimes, that's the best i can say

Cons

buggy software, does not sync, support is absent

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 14/07/2021

Great software

Overall it’s very good. I would recommend it to others

Pros

I use this to communicate with my employees and chat through covid and it is very comfortable to use.

Cons

Haven’t used it long enough to notice it is sometimes slow but other than that I like it very much.

Hans D.

Reviewed on 18/02/2015

Very useful extension for Gmail to share a folder (label)

I use Gmail in my Outlook with a lot of mails in several folders. For some project I needed the possibility that a colleague could also use the emails in one of those folders. Grexit makes this possible! It's really easy to install and connect with your Gmail-account. From then on you can select one or more labels to share those labeled emails with someone else.
I only have to drag the mails in the right Outlook folder and some minutes later it is synchronised and seen by my colleague.
And if you're not a heavy user, Grexit is free to use!!
This should be a standard option in Gmail!

David W.

Reviewed on 10/11/2014

Great tool for teams

We use this tool to handle emails as a team. Makes keeping everyone in the loop and up to speed, very easy!

John B.

Reviewed on 31/03/2015

The best shared mailbox solution

Grexit is an amazing solution. It is infinitely simpler than every alternative.

Fredrik J.

Reviewed on 05/11/2014

Really easy to use, and works great! Feels like a native Gmail feature.

Andrea G.

Reviewed on 04/03/2018

Awful experience!!! After integrating this tool, my clients stopped receiving my emails.

None. Hiver completely derailed our operations at a period of peak media coverage.

Pros

Hiver features initially seemed great. I was eager to make use of their promised benefits. Unfortunately, Hiver completely halted our operations for over a week and lost us a great deal of business. Throughout it all, their team was unapologetic and dismissive of the role that Hiver had in derailing our email communications with clients. Rather than seeing this as an opportunity to resolve and repair clear technical defects, they blatanly blew off our repeated requests for support.

Cons

I tested out many collaborative email tools before deciding to go with Hiver. I was impressed by the intuitive design, canned response functionality and mobile app. Unfortunately, several days after installing the tool, we began to suspect that our clients were not receiving our emails consistently. I reached out to Hiver several times over the course of a few days and received no response. This lapse in email functionality coincided with some significant and favorable press coverage - our site traffic was nearly double what it normally was - and yet we went for 10 entire days without a single new client at a time when we would normally have 10-15 new clients typically. I tried for an entire week to engage help from the Hiver team. They insisted - and continue to insist- that their tool does not impact email sending functionality. I would beg to differ. As soon as I uninstalled Hiver, my communications with clients returned to normal. On a final note, to top this off, my team and I are 3 women. When we called Hiver's India-based support team, they were loudy making obvious, derogotary remarks about our being female and unable to understand their tool - calling us 'Dumb Blondes'. Highly inept and unprofessional team. Also worst nightmare for a growing startup!

Charlie R.

Easy Email Management

Great overall experience that has helped us become more efficient and communicate very effectively.

Pros

Hiver is a great way to manage a shared inbox efficiently and integrates easily with Gmail. Our team is able to assign emails, share notes, and easily see a chain of communication ensuring all incoming enquiries are dealt with quickly and efficiently.

There are easy ways to set up template copy too, accessible to the whole team.

Cons

No cons, it's good to be aware that once an email is assigned to a staff member, you won't see this email thread again unless you actively search for it.

Bartek M.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

Awesome Product

Pros

I highly recommend this product for how well it integrates with Gmail / Google Custom Domain Mail. This product has been tremendously helpful in improving our email support and provide the tools necessary for properly tracking support requests and collaborating as a team!

Cons

Honestly, I had to think hard to come up with something I dislike about the product. The only thing may be that the emails synced via the "Shared Mailbox" functionality also show up in search results when you try to search your own mailbox for emails. There is a way around this by using special search criteria, but a generic search will return results from the Shared Mailbox as well as from your own "personal" mailbox.

Brian C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Excellent Add-On to a Gmail-centric Workflow

Overall, I very much like Hiver and think it is an excellent service that solved our very real problem when redesigning our company's architecture. I have been pleased not only with the functioning of Hiver, but also with the seemingly kind people behind the scenes who are always improving Hiver and are always available for a questions, if one arises.

Pros

Our company moved over to G Suite in an effort to move to cloud-based operations from our previous terminal server setup (Windows-based ONLY; accessibility was relatively limited if not at the office). When making the switch, we note that Gmail does not have a shared mailbox function – something that our company entirely relies on. So though you're getting the "Suite" of apps that are necessary (and excellent) for operations, a large piece of the puzzle was absent. HIVER offered EXACTLY what we were looking for. Accessibility to shared email addresses/inboxes for a small or large number of employees.

Hiver is an excellent and essential tool in our company's toolbox.

Furthermore, the customer service I receive is always quick and accurate and a smile seems to be permanently attached to the customer service reps, making it not only easy, but also pleasant, to address issues.

Cons

Our company works entirely online – browser-based and mobile devices. Hiver has an iPhone app that we use and it is constantly improving, but the iPad app is the iPhone app on a bigger screen. Hiver's latest update duplicates the size parameters of the iPhone app, so it is not just enlarged (causing a grainy picture) but rather readable.

The downside of the app version is that I can't seem to compose a new email from one of the shared mailboxes. While traveling I may need to send an email from a shared address, but cannot do so with the Hiver app.

Further, Hiver sorely leaves behind the template functionality – something that our company depends on – and I can't seem to create signatures for the various addresses.

A new iPad app may be a longer project, but if the shared templates and signature functions could be addressed, that would take Hiver to a new level for companies such as ours.

We are also looking at investing in Hiver again for a new setup, but I note that the prices have become quite high. While G Suite itself is $12/user, if you require more than one shared inbox (which seems very likely) you're paying almost double @ $22+/user for Hiver, which then starts to crank up the price making it seems like less of a "value". It may require some planning, but Gmail offers alternatives to the shared inbox which may appeal to customers who would find this too expensive.

Fanni V.

Reviewed on 24/06/2020

A real difference in admin heavy teams

Pros

Our team is small enough and the volume of admin tasks is manageable, so using a Jira ticketing system would have been far to restrictive. I appreciate the flexibility Hiver gives while still helping us organise tasks. The 3-4 of us manage the same mailbox where queries come into from the rest of the organisation, so it was hard for us to keep track of what has and hasn't been actioned, and by whom in the team. Hiver lies on top of this mailbox and allows us to assign queries to each other and mark the status of the emails which was a game changer for us. In addition, Hiver's analytics tool helps us understand what most of the queries are about and thus where to focus our energies when coming up with self-service options.

Cons

The analytics tool is not always very accurate. We'd like to understand what our response time is but often this is very skewed for some reason and isn't realistic. I think this is still a work in progress for them.

David Q.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

Hiver is Gmail's best kept secret

Extremely positive. Our team has come to depend on it and use it every hour of every working day. Very positive and enaging support team also for the few times we've had questions.

Pros

We love the ability to tag our colleagues on emails relating to them and add internally viewable comments alongside the email thread. Unlike almost all the competitors we tested Hiver doesn't take you out of your Inbox workflow - it simply extends what you can do in Gmail in really cleaver ways.

Cons

The shared mailbox feature while great adds too many icons to the left menu in Gmail. A small complaint I know but I like to keep things as clutter free as possible.

Jr A.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

Hiver

great for managing a team, Hiver is very helpful and easy to work and make sure that any problem you occur is addressed a 100%

Pros

Easy to manage a team with, full visibility and different rolls.. good analytics for reporting

Cons

better reporting, with more robust and customizeable anayltics

Intercom
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 15/03/2019

I'm a Surv-Hiver

Hiver for us has been an accelerator and a generator for new business, just by keeping our team organised. It is the BEST shared inbox app available and we tried 3/4 others in the months before going for Hiver.

The shared mailbox feature is simple to set up and works exactly as you would want it to - as an inbox view-able in the same way by multiple selected users. From there we can assign emails to relevant people (this feature is incredible and makes the email pop up in the users inbox without even the need to navigate to a different folder) and take non relevant emails ou of the folder allowing a seamless workflow between our sales and support team.

Pros

The shared mailbox features is incredible and provides exactly what we needed when looking into a viable Email sharing solution for Gmail.

We use the shared mailbox for our [email protected] and [email protected] email addresses and they can be shared seamlessly between colleagues and assigned without any clashing, or duplicate emails being sent out. Works an absolute treat

Cons

At times, since the support is only US and India based, the time difference means support is not always available to us UK time.

Elise L.

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

An essential tool in our business

Pros

We use Hiver to delegate tasks, share responsibility for customer-facing email accounts among on-site office staff and virtual assistants, and provide searchable history for customer communications across multiple parties. Hiver is the only solution we've found that's a G Suite add-on that meets our needs.

Cons

The mobile app is ok and has improved lately but there's still room for innovation there.

Nnamdi I.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Ease of getting up to speed

Pros

I really liked the fact that all the correspondence that my team had with clients and consultants were easily compiled in one location that is easily searchable.

Cons

I dont have anything negative to say about this software.

Claire B.

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

Easy to use tool for managing inbound requests to a shared mailbox

Shared emails (visibility) and coverage during vacation / sickness
Prioritisation of tasks

Pros

Assigning emails to certain individuals
Option to leave an item in pending status with tags helping to understand why it is pending
Notes to alert other users about something relevant to the subject

Cons

Not able to make someone else a "follower" of a topic / email.

William H.

Reviewed on 13/08/2018

Best of Class Email Collaboration

Pros

The software works great and is reliable. By instituting a hierarchy for managing our mail via Hiver, it has unlocked countless hours of productivity for our executive team all the while providing accountability for email communication and the prevention of issues slipping through the cracks.

Cons

The software was a bit difficult to set up for our company's needs and the price point is up there. Our researched showed there there really aren't any great competitors out there that integrate this well with Google. I mentioned productivity gains earlier, and in the balance of considerations, pricing was not a huge priority for us if we could find the right functionality--which we did with Hiver.

Priyanka P.

Reviewed on 22/06/2020

Excellent Addition!

Pros

I really enjoy the save and close feature when I know an issue has been resolved. It helps me keep track of everything I need in my busy job!

Cons

It works great for my company. I personally don't see anything that could be improved at this time

Virginia C.
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

Hiver review

Pros

Emails can be seen by all staff with program (if linked) without the need to have to log in to different personal email accounts. Notes can be left for other users as well.

Cons

Searching for a specific email can be very challenging.