About Katana

Katana is a manufacturing ERP that gives you a live look at all the moving parts of your business — sales, inventory, and beyond. Combining a visual interface and smart real-time master planner, Katana makes managing inventory...

Browse Katana Reviews

122 of 93,696 reviews
Dennis F.

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Exactly What Our Growing Business Needed.

So far, we are really liking hoe easy it was to setup and get running. The inventory management has improved the flow and processes in our company for the better.

Pros

Ease of use, support, inventory management features, able to create builds/recipes for products (BOM), ability to upload data using Excel, integration with Quickbooks Online

Cons

Cost, certain features do not make sense in the implementation.

Reasons for Switching to Katana

Ease of use and the features. And it looks good.
Scott C.
  • Industry: Furniture

Brilliant System

Frees up time. Accurate stock levels. Easily see where in the manufacturing process a job is

Pros

Brilliant. Katana has transformed how we managed stock and control manufacturing. The best part is it is simple without unwanted extras that take as much time to maintain as a manual system. Katana is efficient and fast. Integrates well with Xero and Shopify. Highly recommended.

Cons

AMobile App would be brilliant but not essential

MRPeasy

Reasons for Switching to Katana

Ease of use and simplicity. Nice screen layout.

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for the review and happy to be growing with you!

Joshua P.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

The best for small manufacturing

Pros

KatanaMRP has really helped me know what to order, and when to order it, as well as plan what comes next in manufacturing. It even lets me add time to tasks in production so I can monetarily make sure employees are being efficient enough for my company to remain profitable.

Definitely recommend. I wish I would have found them sooner.

Cons

Sometimes the app logs me out and I have to put the information in twice.

DEAR Systems and Odoo

Reasons for Choosing Katana

ease of use and training of users

DEAR Systems

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Top Katana Alternatives

Maureen I.

Reviewed on 29/06/2021

Katana boosted our confidence as new business owners!

Great! Service has been very helpful, and we’ve been able to do everything we need to do. Looking forward to seeing Katana grow and deploy more functions!

Pros

Inventory and order management systems were relatively new to us when we started with our company. We evaluated and tested several web-based tools and Katana was by far the most user friendly. The interface is clean and initiative, which helped us to get up and running quickly and confidently.

Cons

There are some features and reporting that we would like to have that haven’t been rolled out yet (particularly around customer information) and we spent time tinkering around and then ultimately asking customer support about it. They have been very helpful and we are waiting for the enhancements.

Reasons for Switching to Katana

Ease of use and interface
Danny D.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 14/05/2020

Great alternative MRP to its expensive competitors

Katana has completely solved our supply line issues and it is an amazing tool that enables you to visualize production issues and bottlenecks.

Pros

I love graphical representation and its ease of use. It took less than a week to get my company up and running. Katana has been a fantastic MRP that has been able to grow with us. They have added some important updates that have made its daily operation even easier. All things considered Katana was a great choice for my company!

Cons

Sometimes it slows in operation which is mildly annoying. This could probably be fixed with some more servers in our geographic region.

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Jeff H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Katana has made a huge improvement to our business process!

I was extremely happy to find this app after months of struggling to keep track (using a spreadsheet) of current quantity for

1.) In stock blank shirts (various colors and sizes)
2.) Ordered blanks (various colors, sizes, and suppliers)
3.) Sales of finish products (various styles, colors, sizes, and designs.)

Making a Purchase Order list took way to long to complete each day. With Katana, tracking what we have and what we needed got so much easier and I was able to focus on more important business decisions. Before Katana I was over and under ordering ingredients.

I would recommend this app to anyone who uses Shopify and wants to make managing inventory of raw materials, ingredients, and sales orders easier.

Pros

Improved our ability to track shared ingredients for the products we sell.
Easy to know what quantity of ingredients to buy and who to buy it from.
Connects to Shopify and updates automatically.
Amazing customer support.

Cons

It took some time to learn the software and create ingredients for each product - but is worth while.

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you!

Alison F.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 04/10/2021

Katana - Amazing Software

Katana makes our manufacturing process and stock control so easy.

Pros

This makes our manufacturing process so easy, our orders come in via shopify and go straight into Katana. The time it saves us is amazing.

Cons

We would still like to be able to add images to products, this was something we asked for in the early days and were assured it would happen, but not happened to date.

Elton W.

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Katana has made my life easier

My inventory issues are now a thing of the past. Katana has made it so easy to now sync to Woocommerce, it is so easy to see exactly where my inventory issues are.

Pros

This product is so easy to us. Once it is set up, it tracks your inventory very well, and the integrations with Woocommerce and Xero are excellent add ons as well. I would recommend to anybody

Cons

The pricing is a bit on the expensive side. As it is invoiced in $US, I don't have a fixed price each month, as it is subject to currency fluctuations, because I do not live in the US.

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for your review! Glad to see you have solved your inventory tracking issues with Katana. Excited for your growth!

Matt F.

Reviewed on 31/05/2020

Katana Review

Just the app I needed for my small business to mange the complexities of inventory and materials management. It is a no brainer for anyone looking to manage their direct to consumer manufacturing and will be my key managing fast growth. The sync between Xero, Shopify and Katana is exactly what I was after. Great support from the team too!

Pros

I was looking for software that could manage both my purchased and manufactured products with both BOM and raw material management. Katana does a great job of this with the bonus of syncing with Xero and Shopify. It is not a complex system and simple for my small business.

Cons

Katana is quite basic with what you can record for your products and materials. It would be great if there was more ability to add custom fields ( supplier SKUs, Drawing number references etc). Also some ability to customize purchase order and sales order format would be a good improvement. To be able to add a suppliers sku to a PO would be very valuable.

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for sharing your feedback!

Replied 08/06/2020
Ryan B.
  • Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Reviewed on 07/04/2021

Amazing Software!

Pros

I love how easy it is to keep track of our inventory, and easily order more materials. It is easy to navigate and very user-friendly. You can easily see how much material you have in stock, and Katana warns you when stock is running low. Never again will I run out of what I need! Customer service is very outstanding as well, I have asked them multiple questions and they always get back quickly with a well detailed response. Love it!

Cons

Honestly cannot think of any cons about this software, I have not had any problems out of it.

Winston D.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 23/01/2020

Katana

Katana have changed how we look at our stock management as well as our manufacturing.
A lot of the small important things were neglected in the past like wastage management. We can know give the subcontractor near accurate qty's and amounts of what was wasted on a batch.
Overall visibillity of the stock as well as the manufacturing process have improved.
We are very happy with the overall functionality of Katana.

Pros

The fact that Katana is always available and so easy to navigate with saves time.
Our requests for new features like back order handling, serial number tracking and multi currency and warehousing some of them already implemented and some coming soon.
The fact that we response fairly quickly on questions that we have submitted.

Cons

It was probably moving over from a well known package like Pastel Evolution to something not familiar to me; but the transition was seamless.

Response from Katana MRP

Happy to hear your feedback and that the transition has gone well!

Replied 24/01/2020
Bradley G.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 25/03/2021

Love this platform!

I was having issues accounting for bundled products as well as tracking labor costs in real time. I have enjoyed that Katana has these capabilities. I no longer have to count thousands of products each week!

Pros

I appreciate how much this software has helped me fix my inventory issues! I also love that when I have an issue that I do not know how to resolve, I can schedule a call and get live support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is awesome and extremely relatable!

Cons

I think there could be a little more development with the integration process. It would also be nice to have an onboarding specialist because it is difficult to explain the unique quirks of your business and specific issues you need help with, to a different person each time. I also think the shop floor app could use a little more functionality but I am hopeful they will be adding more features eventually.

Tommy S.

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

Katana is a must-have for all startups that handle inventory and their own production.

Setting up an entire supply chain with little or no experience can be difficult, but Katana has made it straight forward. We've not only learned to control our production much better, but we also managed to improve from the understanding we gained.

Pros

If you use Shopify, than you can easily integrate and sync with Katana.

As a very valuable side-effect we got a MUCH better understanding of the overall production activities and their cost.

Katana also helps you with reminders of when to purchase certain items in order to keep your delivery dates.

Cons

As someone who have not been in control of production and inventory before, I would have appreciated a free trial that where 4 weeks and not 2 weeks.

That said, we asked for some extra time and we got a longer test period.

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Annabelle T.
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

Inventory Software

Getting better and much more a part of our business

Pros

Once our products were in there, we really started to see the power of our small global company as we gained control of inventory everywhere

Cons

We got side-tracked on the materials side of things which looked great on the surface but really just complicated things for us

Florian P.

Reviewed on 24/03/2021

MRP Software with multiple features (PO, MO, Stock Sync)

Katana was really easy to implement and support was quick and effective when needed.
The product is still missing some advanced information fields but it will probably be added

Pros

Intuitive user experience, 1 clic e-commerce integration

Cons

More feature could be added to Purchasing order like Minimum Order Quantity per supplier, checkbox for invoice received and payement

Liz S.

Reviewed on 29/05/2020

Great software with helpful support

We like being able to track our inventory with live allocation of our raw materials, and the moving average cost calculations are an added bonus. This software helps bridge the gap between Quickbooks and raw material consumption without the need for a full-scale ERP.

Pros

This program is easy to implement and is very intuitive and user friendly. We ran into a few hiccups at the beginning and the support team was very responsive and helpful in helping us remedy our issues.

Cons

There is a limit in the number of SKUs that the software can support - we were able to find a workaround, but ideally the system will support 200,000+ SKUs in the future.

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for your review!

Replied 08/06/2020
Jennifer S.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

Loving it so far

It's really helped me run my business and the team is very helpful with any questions and concerns.

Pros

I am able to organize the production of my "made to order" orders. I used to just use excel sheets and this is so much easier to use and manage since it imports the orders from shopify!

Cons

It's still new so there are some features that are little hard to use and some features I wish it had that it doesn't

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are trying to do the most to get you up and running + keep supporting you all the way through your journey with Katana.

Replied 01/10/2019
Henri H.
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Overall great experience with Katana - Available features still need some work but great app...

Supper easy Material and Production planning for our workshop

Pros

Very User-friendly and great customer support. The team are clearly hungry to add features and are always willing to listen to user feedback. Gives great Manufacturing planning at a fraction of the cost and complexity of large ERP's

Cons

Feature list still needs maturing - especially ability to draw reports, and interface the system with real-world workflows (Example - Ability to export lists, or print MO's)

Response from Katana MRP

Thanks for sharing your experience with Katana!

Raivis G.
  • Industry: Fine Art

Reviewed on 31/03/2021

Recomended for made to order businesses

Pros

Most useful feature for me is to be able to import orders from multiple sources, like Shopify stores. Easily manage all my orders on one place. Also Katana has easy onboarding, just start using it.

Cons

It seems to me that Katana does not meet the price level at the moment, but it is constantly being supplemented and improved. New features are added regularly. Definitely soon it will become the best software in its niche.

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

Every small manufacturer should give it a try!

Katana brought the long-awaited structure to my small manufacturing business. I have not missed a delivery deadline since!

Pros

The features that I really like about KATANA:
-A good inventory control
-Visual production schedule
-Automated re-order points
-Great customer support

Cons

I can't say that there were any big cons for me. ;)

Response from Katana MRP

Happy to read that you have gained so much from using Katana! Thank you for sharing your experience!

Andrew A.

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

Incredible MRP System!

Pros

I absolutely love Katana and the integrations it have. It allows data to pass through seamlessly and allows my production team close and ship orders directly.

Cons

Not many Cons to Katana, I feel like they may be missing a few small features but I have spoken to them and they have said they are in the works!

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for the kind feedback!

Replied 18/02/2020
Cam C.

Reviewed on 26/03/2021

Excellent Inventory Software

Pros

We manufacture beverages and need to keep track of every component. Katana is very streamlined and easy to use compared to some of the other programs we've tried. Plan to continue growing with them eery step of the way.

Cons

Nothing to complain about at this time..

Steve C.
  • Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Small business production

Very helpful customer service.
Could use more features, which I'm told are in development.

Pros

Helps organise inventory, BOM and production.

Cons

Don't not have enough integration options.

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for the support!

Replied 30/09/2019
Malinda C.
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 22/05/2020

Great Software

Katana is great for us to determine our true cost of goods sold as well as keeping our inventory super easy to manage. Having an easy way to maintain our inventory really simplifies our required reporting as well. Katana is just great software that simplifies our business.

Pros

Katana provided all the functionality that we were unable to get from Quickbooks while still providing a reliable integration with Quickbooks.

Cons

We're just starting our journey - so far Katana has everything we need!

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for the feedback and support!

Jen C.

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Katana MRP is enabling us to manage inventory and the manufacturing process more successfully.

Pros

Katana MRP is very user friendly - the visual appearance and layout make it easy to navigate and the Knowledge Base provides clear explanations and help.

Customer rep and his team are very responsive to our needs and questions.

Cons

Only being able to use a single currency is difficult for us, as we really need to use GBP, USD and Euros.

Response from Katana MRP

Thank you for the honest feedback!