About Rise

Rise is a cloud-based human resources (HR) solution that helps companies engage with their employees and action all HR functions such as managing time and attendance, managing payroll and create customized workflows. The platform...

Browse Rise Reviews

Enrico B.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

System is easy to use but there is a lot of manual inputting.

Pros

Using Rises software for smaller business is very cost effective. Once the system is set up properly it is very easy to use and have reports made. As long as you are accurate the automated system completes everything you need.

Cons

If things aren't set up properly it is a pain to work with. There a few times where you cannot access the system but after an hour, the system is back. If you have a larger company it isn't time effective to use as there are many inputs that you must do manually.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your feedback, Enrico. We appreciate hearing your thoughts and are glad that you are now finding the system easy to use.

Rise provides the ability to import inputs, outline formulas to help calculate outputs, and enter default values per employee, department, or company. Our client service team would love to help you automate this, so please feel free to get in touch using the contact details below. Also, please let us know if you ever experience downtime so we can investigate immediately. Thanks!

Yuzo N.

Great Onboarding, Great Customer Service. Great Products

The biggest benefit is the time savings in comparison to when we used ADP and spreadsheets

Pros

Rise's payroll system is super easy to use, reports are provided within seconds of processing, and the customer support for payroll is excellent. In terms of it's Hub/Time Off system, it has been great. No more spreadsheets tracking time off or vacation days!

Cons

Tracking vacation days actually used in Time Off reporting can be a bit tricky when employees request, get approved, but then cancel that request.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your feedback, Yuzo. We are so glad to hear that our system is easy to use and that our customer support has been helpful.

We have noted your comments on tracking vacation days actually used in Time Off and have shared your feedback with our product team for review. If you have any additional comments or feedback, we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to get in touch with us anytime using the contact details below.

Elizabeth G.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Rise is an effective payroll software. I love the ease of being able to work on it from...

Pros

The product is value for money. Less paper work. The software is easy to access from anywhere. Very simple to use. Love the ease of understanding the reports.

Cons

The customer service could be better. Speed of reply or resolving issues could be faster. Could offer additional training to maximize usage.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your feedback, Elizabeth. It is great to hear your thoughts on our product and service!

We are currently answering all customer enquiries within 48 hours and all client service representatives are enrolled in ongoing training to help us continually improve our services. Please let us know if we are not getting back to you within this time frame and if you have any other additional comments or feedback that could help us improve.

Also, Rise offers complementary training for our clients and we would be happy to book additional training for you anytime to help maximize usage. Feel free to get in touch anytime - thanks!

Top Rise Alternatives

Ado A.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 15/04/2018

Just simple, no complications at all

Pros

Their PR system is simple and user friendly. It saves a lot of my time when I finalize my employees' payrolls and year-end for their T4s.

Cons

When I need their support to change my PR configurations or have some questions, they are very helpful most of times but sometimes totally not helpful. Depends on to whom you speak...

Response from Rise

Thank you for your review, Ado. We're glad to hear that you've found our software to be simple, user friendly, and time saving when it comes to your payroll processes. We appreciate your feedback on your experience with our client services team. Rise's support representatives have been enrolled in ongoing training courses to act upon our commitment to improvement and providing the best support for our clients possible. We value your feedback and look forward to continuing our support for you in future.

Claudia K.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 13/04/2018

Overall pretty easy to use.

Pros

What I like most about this software, it makes doing payroll easier. It takes care of all your payroll deductions and T4 information at the end of the year.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the strange, unexplainable glitches.
Also some of the reporting is hard to find or doesn't give you all the info you are looking for.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your review, Claudia. We're glad to hear that our software has made payroll processing an easier task for you. We appreciate your feedback on our software and on our reporting features. Our team would love to hear about your experience and your suggestions for improvement. Please feel free to reach out to us using the contact information below and we would be happy to help you.

Carla M.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

In the past I had a direct contact for customer support which was excellent! Disappointed in...

Pros

Software is easy to use, and accessible as long as there is an internet connection. Shows multiple companies on the same profile, which makes it easy to approve for multiple companies

Cons

The process is very manual for T4s, would be great to have this as a more automated process. I really liked having a point of contact who handled a lot of the issues I had in the past. Not having a direct line has resulted in inconsistent responses and delayed response times. Considering the price per employee I would expect more service.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your review, Carla. We are happy to hear that you¿ve found our software to be easy and accessible to use. Our team is working on continual improvements to automating our processes. We would be more than happy to work directly with you on addressing any questions or issues you have. Please feel free to get in touch with our client service team using the contact information provided below - we are committed to providing you with the personalized and dedicated service you need.

Jon P.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

ecobee has had an excellent experience with Rise. We were one of your early customers.

Pros

Ease of use. Ability to export, edit and upload pay runs. Excellent and very responsive customer support team.

Cons

Exporting to ERP is complicated. Not enough notice when payroll has to be sent early due to holidays.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your review, Jon. We are happy to hear about your good experience with processing your pay runs and speaking with our customer support team.

We are in the process of developing an enhancement to our software that will help export all your customized GL data in a simpler way. Please let us know if there is any other data you need to export on a regular basis so we can investigate.

Nona A.

Usually pretty good

Pros

Live updates with changes etc. and access to reports of past periods for employees as well as company

Cons

Duplicating data input for some stuff in Rise and Rise Hub. Also very slow updating reports for annual data.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your feedback, Nona. We're glad to hear your thoughts on our software. We are planning further enhancements that will reduce any duplication of data as you've indicated. If you have any further comments you¿d like to share, please feel free to reach out to us using the contact details below.

G.r. F.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Getting started seemed a little tricky at first, but we received top-notch support. Now it's...

The software provides a simple way to manage payroll, submissions and employee records and reports without requiring lots of time or payroll experience.

Pros

There is a documented way to do everything we need it to do, including ROEs, T4s, etc. The support team answers every question in detail and never leaves us hanging.

Cons

The UI is not intuitive, but it is easily learnable. After getting through the initial phase of setup, the day to day tasks required in Rise are very easy.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your feedback, G.R. We¿re glad to hear that you receive top notch support from Rise and that the documentation is helpful. If you have any specific comments on how we can improve, we would love to hear from you. Please feel free to contact us anytime using the contact details below.

• Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 13/04/2018

My first 2 years were good with Rise but 2017 was a disaster.

Online payroll versus previous provider

Pros

The software itself is pretty good. A bit weird process but once you get used to it it does the job. I switched from ADP Telepay which was really bad as my changes were often not actioned.

Cons

Customer support team is horrible: they take too long to correct mistakes.
Calculated CPP and EI incorrectly in 2017. In December 2017 the paystubs were wrong for YTD salary which took them too long to correct.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your review. We're glad to hear that you've had a good experience with our software and we are sorry about the difficulties you faced in 2017. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime using the contact information provided below if we can assist you with anything. We take this kind of feedback seriously as it is valuable in helping us improve our service.

Kelly C.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

The product and service are top notch. An integral tool in my cloud-based bookkeeping business

Pros

The service - immediate, responsive and very helpful
Set up options - I had help moving my initial clients from other software programs and Rise made the process really easy
The day to day usefulness - I find Rise so much simpler to use than any other cloud-based options I have tried. If I need to make changes, I feel confident knowing I can do most of them myself and if not the support will be there for me
Big Win - Rise is located on the West Coast which gives me and my clients with weekend cutoffs almost another whole day to get our info entered into the system

Cons

The only con I can think of is that there is no direct syncing to my Xero accounting software. I am hoping this is coming soon though!

Response from Rise

Thank you for your feedback, Kelly! We are glad to hear that you have had a great experience with Rise. We are currently working on an integration with Xero accounting software and hope to release it this summer. Stay tuned for more updates!

Helen W.

So glad we moved to Rise from ADP

Pros

Ease of use. When I get questions from staff, I can find the answers quickly. Great to see prior year reports all at my fingertips.

Cons

Doesn't connect well with Apple systems. So Rise staff need to prepare our journal entries for us. Also doesn't talk to Humanity and when choosing these 2 systems we were told that was something that would be happening.

Sue M.

Reviewed on 16/04/2018

product has improved over the last year or so. Good custom reporting options.

Pros

like the access to the data so we can run our own customized reports
Remittances and T4 all taken care of
Better now than in the past. At the beginning it felt like we were beta testing.
Customer support staff seem more knowledgeable now
Good follow through when we do have a problem or question

Cons

unexplainable glitches (ie accrued vacation pay missing for some employees on one run)
Some Rise standard reports don't seem to include info needed to match the report name
Lose the titles when scrolling down a page of employees. If there was a way to "freeze panes" it would be very helpful.

Response from Rise

Thank you Sue, we really appreciate your feedback! It's great that you like the full access to your data so you can run customized reports and that you feel Rise's software and support have been improving. Your feedback on the product is very helpful to us. We review all of our customers' feedback regularly and prioritize development based on commonly requested enhancements. Thank you again for your insight and we look forward to continuing to work with you.

Elena B.

Reviewed on 16/04/2018

Rise is dependable, user friendly and very effective for our business.

Pros

The features are user friendly and adaptable to our business. The customer service is also impeccable, any question or issue we may encounter is addressed immediately and an effective solution is found.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind about what we like the least, so far since we implemented the software it has exceeded expectations.

Response from Rise

Thank you, Elena! We are so glad that you found Rise to be user friendly and dependable for your business. It's great to hear that our customer service is impeccable. We hope that we can continue to provide great service to you in future. Thanks again!

Darya J.

Reviewed on 22/05/2019

Payroll solution is good. HRIS is not.

It is clear that the company is not focusing on customer feedback in any capacity. I have escalated our very long list of concerns after 2 years and many of them seem to be complete news to development leadership.

I really really wanted this to work out, and I think the company is trying, but I am not sure there is light at the end of this tunnel. There are better solutions out there for comparable cost - don't waste your time with Rise if you are looking for an HRIS.

I would only recommend the payroll product.

Pros

Payroll solution works well (intermittent EHT remittance issues aside). For an Ontario-based company with under 200 salaried employees, RiseHR payroll solution does the job well.

Time Off user interface and employee end-user experience has been positive - employees like the tool and find it user-friendly.

Cons

We did not end up with a solution that was sold to us 2 years ago. The company focus switched entirely, several times and no new features or modules have been rolled out in two long years (no Performance, no ATS, no employee Onboarding, no Pulse Surveys). Not one piece of feedback has been incorporated, some very small, obvious and painful (like being able to report time off balances for current employees only or at least have a column of status by which to sort).

Their website is still advertising benefits integration and pulse surveys, none of which are actually active modules currently available. The entire HRIS right now consists of Time Off and Employee directory (not even employee self-service right now). This is blatant misrepresentation.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

We've been using Rise for payroll and absolutely love it

Pros

As our company has grown Rise has always been able to accommodate anything we need. I also cant say enough good things about their customer support; from their support onboarding to quickly answering any questions that come up from payroll to payroll I have always been so impressed.

Cons

Once a payroll has been submitted there is no way to reopen it, make changes, and resubmit. i do wish I had this ability but any time we've made a mistake or needed to make a change they have always worked with us to find a solution.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your feedback. We are really pleased to hear that you have had a great experience with Rise!

Just so you know, once you submit a payroll, you can then edit it and resubmit over and over. However, once you do the final approval, the payroll is complete. Having said that, we are always happy to help to find a solution if and when you need us.

Cyrus R.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Much easier to use after initial set up and first year. Easier than Ceridian or ADP

Save time

Pros

Convenient to have all records for multiple companies using one login. Tons of options in payroll instructions.

Cons

Mass changes to benefits/benefit deductions (done annually) can be a bit cumbersome when you need to change multiple items for a large number of staff.

Further automate stat pay calculation!!!

Response from Rise

Thank you for your feedback, Cyrus. We are glad to hear that our software is convenient and provides a lot of options for payroll instructions. Our client service team would be pleased to show you how you can import mass changes to benefits and deductions to help save you time. Also, the system includes functionality that automatically calculates the stat pay amount for which each employee would be eligible. Can you help us understand how we can further improve or automate this? We welcome any feedback or suggestions you may have....please get in touch with us using the contact details below anytime.

Shelley M.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Very intuitive software

Save time and money!

Pros

I find it very easy to use and the customer support - specifically live chat - makes it even easier if I get stumped

Cons

Only real issue is how long it takes the pages to refresh after you input, modify payroll. Also, report downloads take longer than I would like but I simply run it in the background until it is done :-)

Response from Rise

Thank you for your review, Shelley. We're happy to hear that our services have helped you in maximizing your resources and that our customer support experience has been positive. We appreciate your feedback on the speed of our software and will definitely take this into consideration as we continue to improve upon our product.

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Love this software, it's very user friendly, saved my lots time with the whole payroll process

Time saving and efficiencies when procession the payroll

Pros

User friendly - the custom reports saved me lots time while reconcile payroll on a monthly and yearly basis.
Customer service - Whenever I need help, the support team is always there !

Cons

We did experienced few discrepancies while we transfer YTD into the system. Thus, at year end, we had some issues with CPP and EI YTD total. Also, for employee benefit , there were few errors in the input sheet. Rise can improve the accuracy in terms of manual adjustment

Response from Rise

Thank you for your feedback. It is good to hear that you find our software user friendly and that the custom reports save you a lot of time. We are also pleased to know that our customer service has been helpful. If there is anything we can assist you with in terms of discrepancies, input sheets, or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us using the contact details below and we would be happy to help.

Angeline M.

good experience overall

Pros

you can upload excel spreadsheets to input mass data. I like the quick chat feature with Rise staff, they always seem very knowledgeable and helpful. they always respond to any requests in a timely manner.

Cons

can be very slow to load at times, for example when adding a new payroll instruction it takes its time to load, also when submitting and opening registers.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your review, Angeline. We're happy to hear about your good experience with Rise and our services. We'd love to hear more about and troubleshoot the issues you've been facing with our platform. Please feel free to reach out to our client service representatives through the contact information provided below.

Kai kin C.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Pretty good in general

Price is decent and it save me a little bit of time.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use and most of the commonly used functions are already set up. The software looks modern.

Cons

Would be great to see more integration between the modules. Would be SUPER great if the HR software can be integrated into the payroll system.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your review, Kai Kin. We're happy to hear your comments on the design and ease of use of our software. In regards to your feedback on the integration between modules, we are currently working on further enhancing the integration between HR and payroll to help save you even more time. Please stay tuned for further updates!

Jennifer T.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

In my 20 years of payroll experience, this is the most user-friendly platform and service I've...

Significant time saving in preparing software. Proactive and timely information provided to the payroll staff.

Pros

Overall, it is very intuitive, with a clean and simple format. There is a very prompt reply to queries for help from customer service. Staff take the initiative to reach out to us and provide useful information - solving our problems before they arise (by offering e-books and webinars).

Cons

There is some minor redundancies in the system I feel could be eliminated. However, overall it is far better than other systems I've used.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your review of our product and services, Jennifer! We're very happy to hear that you've had a great experience with Rise. Providing top-notch customer service to our clients is of utmost importance to us, so we are delighted to hear that our team has gone above and beyond in supporting you.

We'd also love to hear your recommendations for improvements to our software. Please feel free to connect with our support team using the contact details provided below.

Stacey H.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

This software is OK but I still need assistance with reports as they are still not built myself

Pros

I like the export and import of info. I like the way new employees are built in the system as it is a nice flow

Cons

The need for me to contact them for my reports and I do not like how they took over a year to respond to me about building our payroll system.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your review, Stacey. We are glad to hear you have been enjoying the ease and flow of our system. If there is anything further we can do to help you with your reports or if you have any more comments or feedback, please let us know as it helps us to continually improve our software and service. Please feel free to reach out to us anytime using the contact details below.

Jeremy G.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

We've used it for several years and it hasn't improved.

Pros

I like that it's a local company. I liked them better when they were more focussed on payroll. They seem focused on brokering benefits now.

Cons

The web interface is clunky, slow, and difficult to work with. The same things have been broken for years, so for some functionality you need to contact support, which takes ages.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your feedback, Jeremy. Our client services team would love to hear more about your experience and concerns with Rise. We have a commitment to respond to client requests within 48 hours, however if we are not meeting your expectations we want to know. Please feel free to reach out to us using the contact information provided below.

Replied 24/04/2018

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Easy to use system that makes payroll and keeping track of employee vacations a breeze.

Pros

So much time saved when doing payroll, and paper saved with electronic paystubs. Employees can request time off with ease and managers can manage their teams more effectively.

Cons

The payroll system required some getting used to but customer service was available when the payroll team needed help.

Response from Rise

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that Rise saves you time and makes it easy for you and your employees to manage time off. If we can be of any assistance with using our software, please feel free to reach out to our client service team anytime and we will be happy to help.