About ConstructionOnline

UDA Technologies’ ConstructionOnline offers a web-based, integrated approach to project management, project scheduling, and customer management. Designed for emerging construction businesses in the homebuilding and remodeling...

Browse ConstructionOnline Reviews

355 of 677,340 reviews
Kelly C.

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Excellent speed and ease of use

Mananging numerous subcontractors on numerous projects. Makes keeping track easy.

Pros

The fact that it is extremely fast and has a ton of great features

Cons

Not sure yet I haven't used enough to find a con.

Sage 100cloud

Reasons for Switching to ConstructionOnline

All around ease use and function sand they were more affordable.
Johanna L.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017

Katy taught me how to update contacts to allow for punchlist viewing by our team members.

So many! Help with organizing - help with scheduling - help with wrangling everything!!! Gotta get back to work.

Pros

I enjoy the cross platform functionality. It's so great to be able to access our files from any location, either online or from our servers in the office. This makes a big difference as our team (and project list) continues to grow - we can allow viewing of select items/lists and we don't need to force anyone to use Mac or Windows to work within UDA. Far surpassing any software features, though, the fact that your IT staff is so prompt to respond and so helpful launches this software into one of my favorites I've ever worked with. All software has issues - it's how you respond and deal with those issues that differentiate you from the rest and I thank you for it. Now if you can just have some IT available until 5pm West Coast time (where I am) my dreams would really come true. Thank you to Katy and all the other fabulously helpful people I've interacted with!

Cons

A trifling issue, but since you asked - when I add documents from our computer to the Project Files for a job, it's pretty wonky and time consuming. If I drag an item to the file list, instead of showing it was added - the file list scrolls back to the top so I have to scroll back down to see if it was even added - which it usually wasn't. This happens each time. This means I've taken to adding each document twice to ensure it imports so I don't need to scroll down to check if it's there or not. It would be MUCH nicer if the file list stayed put while I added files so I could see where - and that they were added to the list. Sometimes UDA lets me add mutliple documents and adds a 1 or 2 after each multiple - and sometimes it warns me that it already has that doc in the file. If this warning could pop up every time, I wouldn't need to then re-scroll down to the files I just added and delete duplicates. Also - just like when I add files, when I delete a duplicate the file list automatically scrolls back up to the top so I have to manually go back down to where I was to delete the next duplicate.

Christopher W.

Reviewed on 03/07/2018

Great service from all the support group. The rep is always so helpful.

Pros

Construction Online has helped organize Core Contracting by using the technology of construction online. Construction Online is always improving, which is one thing I like so much. We are able to complete estimates, create dynamic schedule and connect with our customers using this one product.

Cons

When you use the product as designed, I don't see any negatives. I think scheduled ongoing training would eliminate allot of issues. Pick as section, get to know it, by using it, and then aim to learn another section anothertime

Top ConstructionOnline Alternatives

Arleen D.

Reviewed on 08/03/2016

Time saving and expert and friendly support team

Pros

With regret, I took my time integrating with my QuickBooks software. After a little over 2 years of having Construction Suite, I finally took the plunge and began the integration process between the two software programs. I love the ease at customizing the software to suit our particular business. The customer support is second to none! The staff is quick to resolve any issues and answer questions minimizing any downtime. No worries! If I make a mistake the staff is quick to show me what I did, while correcting my mistake. Mistakes happen, it is nice to know I have support when and if I need it. I highly recommend the total care package. You will not be disappointed! As for the reporting, Construction Suite provides additional useful reports to help evaluate the current state of your business and let you see at a glance the progress of all projects both financially and the current phase.

Cons

Don't really have any dislikes! My only complaint is that I waited too long to do the integration between my software programs!

Elizabeth G.

Reviewed on 20/06/2017

Software is Good; Customer Service is Amazing

Good software. A little pricey in my opinion. Does have a lot to it that you can use if someone really wanted to use all the functions and features. But the customer service almost makes it worth it all. Caroline Prater really keeps me staying with the software when I have wanted to leave this software in the past. Because of the customer service it makes me stay. :)

Pros

Customer Service is always there to help. Carolina Prater is amazing and always promptly answers my questions or issues I may have.

Cons

The app has a lot to be desired. It is having issues at least once a month I get my job supers coming into office telling me something won't work.

Oscar V.

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

Best product I used for more than a year

This product has all your needs so worth it.

Pros

This product have a wide range of features that I can't ever imagine having it in a single product , It increase our efficiency and so convenient to use. I love this product so much!

Cons

So far I don't have any negative comment on using this product , I really appreciate there team effort for making this kind of product that continuously improving.

Robert C.

Reviewed on 29/05/2015

It just keeps getting BETTER!

Pros

I feel the product reflects the care and concern that the personnel of UDA Technologies project when they are asked to answer questions or provide technical help. The updates and changes with the interface keep reducing my work load in the office, while providing me with better cost control and work flow. The next best thing is you have resisted the "pitfall" of out sourcing your support group this is a major plus.

Cons

That I have to get up at 2 in the morning to get questions answered, as they say,"it's the price you pay for living in paradise" Hawaii

Jim V.

Reviewed on 08/12/2016

UDA Software and Employees are the BEST!

We purchased this product to help us estimate and manage our residential field activities. We looked at several products, test drove a few and Construction Suite was hands down the best for end to end estimating and performance measurement.
Not only is the product easy to use, but the sales, customer support and technical support staff are awesome. Everyone is knowledgeable, pleasant and helpful. Wait times to speak with a representative are minimal and no matter who answers the phone they either help you right away or get you to the right resource very quickly. No need to leave a message and have someone call you back.

Pros

Seamless integration between the office and staff in the field. With punch lists, it's easy to check on the daily progress of our crews to keep them on time and on budget. The absolute best QuickBooks integration. We have several products that interact with our QuickBooks accounting software but none works as seamlessly as Construction Suite.

Cons

We really struggle to find things that we don't like.

Homer S.

Reviewed on 12/08/2019

The Most Useful and Efficient Construction Software

Project Budget Management and Project Budget Tracking

Pros

I have used UDA for the past five years and is now realizing how much more this software will help my business grow.

Cons

I will need more training time from UDA on the operation of this software.

Jessica N.

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

Always a pleasure

The tech support team is always a pleasure to work with, so eager to help with great patience.

Pros

Very user friendly. Extension to add products is a great time saver

Cons

I really have not come across anything to write about

Howell F.

Reviewed on 08/07/2020

Check List option

It has been very good

Pros

Estimating, scheduling and QB intergration

Cons

Did not include and integrated take-off feature at first

Kristin R.

Reviewed on 02/09/2015

Six years and counting for UDA usage.

Pros

The product is great but what makes it all worthwhile is the awesome tech support! Every person I get to work with is kind, patient ( totally patient :)) and definitely helpful. I don't think I've ever had an unresolved problem. The care form the UDA team is outstanding and they should be an example for all to follow.

Cons

There are a lot of ways to omit a number, calculation, etc without knowing it, which can really put you in a bind if you're not careful.

Adam S.

Reviewed on 28/02/2017

Another great experience!

I can't tell you how much of a help this experience was for me. I have only small windows of time and you guys are always there for me!
Today was great as always, allowing me to understand another layer of your great system with a lovely, patient and knowledgeable member
of your team. Thanks!

Pros

Keeps my client awake and involved in the project

Cons

Lots of columns in the estimating system that really need little balloons when you move the cursor over to remind you of how they work. Might help a bit.

Mack F.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 28/06/2015

No others measure up!

Pros

Ease of use and having the option of using the desktop version and the cloud based construction online is great. The client portal is great for keeping your customer engaged in the process and customer support is outstanding!

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. I've been using some form UDA software for over 10 years and they have consistently added/and updated things to the point that it's nearly perfect!

Lyndon L.

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

I love UDA Construction Online product so much.

I really appreciate that effort of developers to make this product PERFECT!

Pros

This product makes your life easier , you can easily access your files any places you are, You only need a good internet connection and your good to go , Discovering this product will make your imaginations come true. Hoping for more updates.

Cons

I don't have any negative comment on using this , It has all the features I need in a single product .

Adam S.

Reviewed on 17/10/2017

One of the customer rep was very helpful in helping me print my Punchlist.

Pros

The program is convenient by keeping all projects aligned with a particular job in one spot. From prospect to closing... it's all there.

Cons

I start the day around 7:30 am EST most days. The owner of the company starts even earlier. If I have concerns or issues before 10 AM, I must wait until customer service is in the office. Today I needed to pull up a punchlist at 7:45 and had a message of "no criteria matching request" (or something similar). The issue was handled within a couple minutes of talking with the customer rep. The fact I had to wait over two hour to call puts a huge deficit on the flow of my day. Perhaps adding an East Coast call center or adding a couple extra hours on the start of the day would benefit customers like myself.

Kristy S.

Reviewed on 16/04/2015

Infinate Gratitude to the Support Staff at UDA

Pros

The product provides a one-stop shop for our subcontractors, vendors, and our clients, as well as our in house crew. The support is second to none, and I am always greeted with a "smile" and helping hands. The UDA support staff goes above and beyond to assist our team with the technological aspect of the business.

Cons

Nothing. It is wonderful. I unfortunately have not made the time to become an expert with the tools that the UDA software provides our company, but I plan to in an effort to further streamline our tasks and improve our efficiency.

Philip D.

Reviewed on 23/02/2016

Exceptional ease in use for the inexperienced user!

Pros

Technical support and the way I can be guided through the system without being frustrated by technical computer language which I am unaccustomed to. Example: I had two project estimates in one project folder (which shouldn't of been there) - called customer support and in 118 seconds he had my situation resolved.

Cons

Our company is a 45 year old design/build construction firm which has been researching new software and the process and procedures of vetting software vendors is a tedious process. Yes, I have and use UDA everyday to estimate/run projects as the only Project Manager in the firm, but thanks to my past with UDA we acquire one (1) license for single use.As a committee we are researching new software yet in my opinion UDA is the right choice for my position. Every department has their own needs and it has been an arduous task. Over the next coming months I hope we can come to a final decision and choose UDA for most of our software needs.

Jerry N.

Reviewed on 02/09/2015

As good as money in the bank!

Pros

With a tablet, I can track all of my punch lists for each job, and when I return to the office, they are updated and ready to organize.

Cons

The cost for each user is a bit pricey, but it has proven to pay for itself above and beyond the monthly charge.

Eric B.

Reviewed on 30/01/2016

Excellent and time saving

Pros

Excellent support. The software at first seemed redundant and a lazy persons way to use Office Suite. The personaliztion to the Construction Industry is excellent.

Cons

It would be nice if the documents and contracts were not proprietary files and could be converted to office files

Michelle N.

Reviewed on 07/09/2016

This tool is a great concept.

Pros

I like how much is available to the user. The idea of having one place for everyone involved on a project to check-in and stay informed is wonderful. I totally get it and look forward to getting projects up and running for our company.
And the staff is great and patient when we need a little guidance.

Cons

The startup process. Part of that is on our end and how we use the product. But it's been really hard to wrap our hands and minds around what all is available and how to use it to benefit business.

Craig H.

Reviewed on 12/11/2015

The product has helped our team to be completely mobile

Pros

Easy to use and getting subs to use is easy. The amount of information that you can provide your staff sub contractors and clients is endless. I have not jumped into budgeting but look forward to growing my business by tracking info using the software

Cons

Getting people to buy in to program and the benefits with saving time

Rich D.

Reviewed on 12/01/2016

It is wonderful, only way to get out proper estimates!

Pros

I'm always finding new ways to do things. I am finding ways to save time and steps every time I open up a new estimate.

Cons

Nothing at all, or maybe I should say every thing. Always more and better ways of doing things within a customers project file.

James C.

Reviewed on 28/01/2016

I have been a fan of construction suite for years

Pros

The product gives me everything I need to run my business administration. Customer service is better than ANY company I have ever worked with on software and computes.

Cons

Its a little slow responding booting up and closing.

Robert B.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 03/09/2015

Changed our business

Pros

The ability to connect our clients to their schedules and streamline our business.

Cons

The ability to access and edit schedules as Gantt charts from within the iPad applications.