About AccuPOS

AccuPOS is a point of sale (POS) application that integrates with multiple accounting systems and is designed to serve retail, full service or counter-service restaurants as well as unique hybrids of both. AccuPOS application...

Browse AccuPOS Reviews

• Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

Good for a quick paced business

Customer's trust in being efficient.

Pros

This System really helps make sure the flow in my workplace is constantly moving. We have to be a well oiled machine, and customers expect that pace, so this is a great program and I am glad we use it.

Cons

It took me a little bit longer to learn since I am used to a different POS, but that might be my own muscle memory getting in my way

Earle K.

Reviewed on 02/02/2018

It is fine.

It was inexpensive and not a budget breaker.

Pros

The price is great for a non-profit budget. It has the basic features that a small non-profit thrift store would need.

Cons

Configuring the database is really convoluted. The support team seems to be under staffed as we have had to wait for over a half hour to speak to the first level techs...

Jose E.

Reviewed on 24/04/2017

Using for sales to general public

Pros

Fast & Efficient
THE BI Module is ok but more charts are necessary
Moes reports are required
Graphic interface ok

Cons

Should have more functions, beside BI
A strong security module is needed
Poor Integration with POS devices

Top AccuPOS Alternatives

John C.
  • Industry: Supermarkets

Reviewed on 07/04/2015

Be prepared to pull your hair out.

Pros

Integration with Quickbooks.It looked good on the demo.

Cons

Pretty much everything else. If you add a new item to inventory, it is best to completely delete your current inventory then import it back in. There should be a quick import that does not interfere with the days work. Support does not know the product. I have called multiple times (wait is ususally 20-30 minutes even when they first start taking calls) and support will tell me to do something, it will work for a short period of time then stop. I call back and they tell me to do something totally different. There is no consistency.

If you want to accept credit cards without a stand alone machine (not integrated), you have to use their "partner" company and be prepared to pay. The rates are high and change without warning.

Really there are too many things to list here. If I had it to do all over again, I would not buy this software.

Christopher S.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 11/07/2021

Wasteful Product

I would give them 0 stars. They NEVER reply to emails, you spend 45 mins on each call listening to slanderous recordings!

Pros

To the honest the only pro to this company is how fast they send you an invoice after you decide to purchase the software. everything else goes downhill from there.

Cons

The Quickbooks Online Integration DOES NOT WORK. Customer service is non-existent with them. They try for weeks upon weeks to resolve issues until time elapses and you can no longer get a refund. Beware of this company!

Lightspeed POS
Mike V.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

ACCUPOS IS HORRIBLE

IF YOU BUY THIS PREPARE FOR YOUR ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE TO TAKE A CRAP, PLAN TO BABYSIT THE PROGRAM TO ENSURE IT IS RUNNING PROPERLY. AND BE READY FOR THE PROGRAM TO MISS SALES, TO DEAL WITH THEIR I.T WHO ARE ALSO CONFUSED ON WHY WE ARE SET UP LIKE THIS AND ARE NOT TRAINED TO HANDLE PROBLEMS ON A WONKY PROGRAM!!! AND THEY HAVE NO CLUE ABOUT CANADIAN BUSINESS AT ALL NOT EVEN TAXES!!!

Pros

IT SHOULD BE EASY TO USE & IT WAS NOT. !! OVER A YEAR AND THEY STILL CANT GET IT TO RUN PROPERLY. NO MANUAL SO YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR TECH SUPPORT!! OR WASTE $$ AND GET ANOTHER PROGRAM.. JUST BUY ANOTHER PROGRAM!!!

Cons

IT IS NOT EASY TO USE, SET UP AND DOES NOT RUN PROPERLY. I HAVE OLD PROGRAM SERVER AS THEY COULD NOT GET THEIR UPDATED TO LOAD AND RUN PROPERLY, BUT HAVE THE NEW PROGRAM. THEY WILL NOT GIVE ME THE NEW SERVER PROGRAM, WOULD NOT REFUND MONEY AFTER 30 DAYS WHEN IT WAS NOT RUNNING PROPERLY.

Sawithia B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 19/05/2018

Not for restaurants

If you are a restaurant or full service bar RUN AWAY! We realized there is a reason everyone else uses ALOHA, it works!

Pros

There is support and training service you can call but they are on east coast so if you need help & it's not the morning M-F in California you are SOL!

Cons

Support does not know how restaurants with table service function, it will take you hours of explaining to get anywhere. Freezes, glitches, sold us hand held devices tech support doesn't even know exist or how to trouble shoot them. This is a system for counter service or specialty stores not full service restaurants!

Jossef A.
  • Industry: Supermarkets

Reviewed on 24/12/2014

Been using since 2003 in our five-lane Kosher Market

Pros

Santa Monica Glatt Kosher Market has been using AccuPOS Point of Sale since 2003 (over 11 years!) for our five-lane grocery store. Our store gets extremely busy on Fridays and holidays, and it is critical that we have a reliable, fast and easy POS system to keep our lines moving and our loyal customers happy. We use nearly every aspect of the AccuPOS solution – accounting integration for inventory management, in-counter scanner/scales, and deli scales. And we certainly put their live support team to the test as we are constantly adding new items and updating prices. The AccuPOS team has been there for us since day one, and we could not be happier with their software or their customer service. We truly feel like they are a part of our team, and we would highly recommend an AccuPOS solution to any small business owner, especially any retail store.

Cons

It doesn't work well with keyboards. Holding your hand up to a touch screen all day is not ideal. I guess keyboards are not a priority these days for anyone.

Brittney W.

Reviewed on 17/02/2018

AccuPOS Review

Very user friendly!

Pros

The price for this software is great and there are no extra licenses fees! It also integrates with and stores data in QuickBooks which provides a powerful, mature platform for product entry, inventory management and reporting

Cons

The availability of customer support over the weekend. When a business runs 7 days a week but the customer support is not available all those days, it gets frustrating.

Tom S.

Reviewed on 12/03/2015

Outstanding Support

Pros

It's an easy to use, up to date software that easily adapts to my needs. It's very progressive.

Cons

I can't think of anything. Support is excellent and the software works.

Robin F.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

Accupos POS

Horrible. I only kept it because I had to pay for it and could not get my money back.

Pros

When it works it is easy to use. In theory it is a great program...in theory

Cons

It does not work properly. I have had several issues with taxes changing, accounting not being sent to qb, or just partial import of sales. This program has never operated properly and the company will not give you back your money

Javier O.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 18/04/2017

Non retail POS

This pos is more for restaurant than fashion retail shops

Pros

Very easy to use.
Really good customer service if you call before 12:00 pm (UK).
From management it is posible give different permisions to the users

Cons

No subcategories
Dificult load stock
Too many features for restaurant that if you are in retail they are useless.
Web non update
Remote software acces doesnt work properly

Adnan A.

Reviewed on 17/06/2019

This

Pros

Not difficult to use customers support are good

Cons

They freeze your account untill you call them and find what problems you have if it was payment or card info , they don’t call you or email you

Emily S.

Reviewed on 16/07/2015

Pros

I don't have much experience with the vendor, but I enjoy the ease of use with the AccuPOS system. Navigation is very simple, and my favorite part is the ability to know stock levels and prices with a quick few keystrokes. Saves tons of time, and in retail settings, time is very important.

Cons

I don't have much experience with the vendor, so I can't say much. What I like least is that sometimes our manager makes the buttons too small and we have to get him to make them larger so we don't hit the wrong key when entering items.

Danny K.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

Awful system and awful customer service

Pros

Point of sale system is easy to use. The problem is that they did not disclose all of the information needed to get the full set up.

Cons

Terrible customer service. When you buy the product, they do not tell you that you have to purchase 5 other things to make it run correctly, until you are trying to get it all set up. I even asked them during my quote and they told me it was the final price. When calling to discuss it, the manager was rude and would not work with us. He just argued and told me I was in the wrong.

Hydra S.

Reviewed on 23/12/2014

A Review of AccuPOS

Pros

It's very, very easy to use. I was really surprised how easy it was.

Cons

There are some small hangups, but nothing too major. Of course, the cost is always something important to consider.

Lindsey B.

Reviewed on 19/02/2014

AWFUL COMPANY, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, DECEPTIVE TRADE PRACTICES.

I bought this software and thought I was getting a complete system. They keep on having to sell you things to make the software do what you should have been able to do with it from the beginning. They all lie, and use deceptive trade practices, this company is full of con men and women, I wouldn't even rate them with a 1 star, they are about a negative 5 stars, awful customer service, technical support knows nothing about there own software, be very wary of doing business with this company, unless you like being lie to and cheated.

Patrick M.
  • Industry: Farming
2.5

Reviewed on 19/03/2015

Should never have purchased this product.

Pros

The entire experience was bad. The product was unready for release, yet it had somehow garnered the top ranking among similar products online. The sales staff was diligent and determined, but that's where the fun stopped.

Cons

It seems like this was software written by someone who was no longer involved in its development because there were so many bugs and the tech support staff seemed unable to fix even the smallest problems. They always claimed that my requests were "hot list" items, yet those items were rarely, if ever, addressed.

Cryshna H.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 06/06/2017

Excellent product

Pros

Compatible with most common accounting software and very user friendly. Easy to add products to the software.

Cons

Customer service support is not available on weekends and should you have an emergency with the software that is a negative.

Gatlen E.

Reviewed on 22/06/2021

Terrible system

Terrible, We are shopping for a new provider.

Pros

there are no positives for this system. It does not work as advertised

Cons

Freezes up after yearly update. Always happens at busy time of the day. They have been working on a fix for over a month WITH NO SOLUTION. Credit card tips are not being processed causing alot of extra accounting work and upset customers.

Julian G.

Reviewed on 23/12/2014

POS User Review

Pros

I like the ease of use and simplicity. It's very intuitive. Customer service is great, very helpful, and easy to get a hold of.

Cons

Can be difficult to customize, would be nice if it was simpler or more "idiot-proof/friendly."

Dannett M.

Reviewed on 15/07/2015

GREAT PRODUCT!! LOVE THIS!!

Pros

Very easy to learn! Customer Service is great! Getting set up is not hard at all and being able to have access to the terminal from another computer is wonderful! Adding product is so easy!

Cons

Too be honest everything is really great! I haven't had any problems at all!

Toby S.

Reviewed on 14/01/2016

Not suitable for high volume

Pros

The service department was very helpful. They were friendly whenever speaking with them.

Cons

This program is not designed to work with a place that does high volume. It was very slow and caused a lot of confusion whenever our restaurant was in our busy period.

Walter S.

Reviewed on 16/04/2015

Over a decade of reliable service and product evolution.

Pros

There are two main reasons I originally gravitated towards AccuPOS, which continue to set it apart from the competition. The first was the fact that it integrates with and stores data in QuickBooks, thus providing a powerful, mature platform for product entry, inventory management and reporting. The second reason I was attracted to AccuPOS is that it also stores data in a Microsoft Access-compatible database format, allowing me to do powerful customized data mining and analysis. Over the years the software has improved, and more recently I have been impressed with the new generation (2015) of the product, which has taken it to a new level of sophistication. Lastly, we have had a very good experience switching to integrated credit card processing with Mercury Payment Systems (the AccuPOS partner), speeding up our transactions at the point of sale while lowering our rates.

Cons

I have no major complaints about AccuPOS. The biggest problem with it is probably that it is not a large software vendor with a massive sales volume, and therefore their product does not have the same level of maturity and sophistication that some might expect. However, in this price range one will inevitably encounter limitations and software quirks with any POS solution. Earlier versions of the software definitely suffered from some clunkiness, although with the 2015 release much of that has been eliminated. One thing they could have done better is to communicate what a major change it was going to be to upgrade to the new generation of the software so we could have planned for the down time and necessary adjustments to adapt to the new system. The other difficulty I will mention is their method of verifying the software registration, which has caused us some problems. In order to verify that the software has a valid registration it must communicate, via the Internet, with their registration server each time it is started. So when their server is down AccuPOS cannot verify its registration and the software disables the ability to z-out until the registration has been validated. Also, at our location we have redundant, load-balanced Internet connections and there have been ongoing problems with our registration being validated to a specific IP address.

Robert F.

Reviewed on 13/03/2015

A Journey in to the land of POS

Pros

Complex functionality with simplicity of use and configuration. AccuPOS is always a quick phone call away with never a long wait on the phone.

Cons

Nothing. There will be glitches, and since the primary OS is Windows based, you will have to deal with Updates very often, as well as updates to JAVA. It would be interesting if a version for MAC would be available, but then you'd have to find the right combination of peripherals. Most of the POS world is built on the PC platform except for silly POS posers like Breadcrumbs. PC's crash, they hang, and always at the worst time, of course you need to choose your Credit card processor carefully too. I want AccuPos to build a robust loyalty module that works with their new signature pad, capturing emails for marketing to our customers.