MailerLite Reviews

About MailerLite

MailerLite is a cloud-based email marketing solution. Key features include campaign reporting, email automation, subscriber list management and result tracking. The solution helps users to design email campaigns in the form of...

4.8

Browse MailerLite Reviews

1,973 of 1,973 reviews
Tiffany
Tiffany

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Amaaazing service, so easy to use and must have features

I have been using Mailerlite for myself and clients for years and find it so easy to use and their support is top class. I have worked with other well know email platforms before and they don't compare with Mailerlite.

Pros

Mailerlite automations are super easy to set up, the interface makes it clear and friction free

Cons

I find the grouping and segmenting slightly confusing but support is always on hand and super quick to reply

ConvertKit, ActiveCampaign and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Mailchimp became too complex and not easy to use plus they have made the automation feature as a paid plan.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Price, user experience and support

Response from MailerLite

Price, user experience and support - A triple threat if I must say so myself! Thank you for your review, Tiffany.

Replied 10/10/2022
charree
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 07/02/2024

The BEST provider for new start up companies wanting to grow!

Overall it brings value to our business and family life. Thank you.

Pros

They offer inclusive free plans, which have tons of options, and mailer lite is HELPING US GROW! As a busy family the option to complete my campaigns and send them at a later time allows me to conveniently work on growing our business without compromising time away from my little ones. Plus, they have kind customer service. Thank you MailerLite for giving small businesses like us a chance!

Cons

I would like more features, but that will come as we grow and can pay for a paid plan.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Because of their free plan options and support - Hands down because of that MailerLite has a life long customer with our business, and we have and will continue to promote / refer others.
Amir

Reviewed on 03/08/2016

My Horrifying experience with MailerLite

My experience with MailerLite.

After weeks of research on the best and most economic way on how to send weekly emails to the subscribers of my small business , I choose MailerLite. What a mistake ! It turned out to be one of the most painful experiences as a small business owner.

I give them credit, when it is due : Easy to navigate interface and professionally pre-made templates seemed a perfect match for my needs. As a small business owner, my first goal was to find a bulk email software that is easy to use and has a friendly and responsive customer service. For years, I used one of the major bulk email software providers, but they have become really expensive compared to what you get in return for these email campaigns. Finally, I made my decision and enrolled in one of MailerLite plans that seemed very attractive; at least on the paper! 15000 subscribers and unlimited monthly emails for $30!!

WOAH !!! what a great bargain. Right? Not that fast !

They were very quick to charge my business card for the $30.

I spent few hours to create a perfect email and uploaded my mailing list of 15000. and start creating the first campaign on MailerLite. This is where the nightmare started.

When I wanted to send out the email, I received an email from their support team that I am not allowed to use more than 2000. ( i paid for 15000 subscribers with unlimited monthly emails) . I told them that I won't have it that way and they should cancel my account. They reached out to me and assured me that everything would be fine, hey approved me for 5000 and promised to increase my quote after the first few emails to prevent spams. Fair enough!

After sending out the emails, they told me that I have breached their spam policy since the hard bounce of my emails were more than a certain number that they allow. I was not very happy with their decision but again, its their policy and I have to follow it. So I accepted their decision and didn't argue with them. But this the same email list that I have used with the other major email provider. I knew this is a small company with few resources and I have made a mistake.

Obviously, I didn't want to pay for a service that I am not allowed to use. quite simple. So, I ask them to cancel my subscription and refund me the $30 that they have charged me !!! They kept me waiting for almost 4 days and then they told me that they have decided to keep my money ?!!!!!, and obviously they have access to all the 15000 subscribers on mailing list !!

Customer service is the forefront of a business and I am really sorry to say that theirs is NON-EXISTING.

Since the goal of this review was to save others some time and un-wanted headache, I have not mentioned any of the other competitors that make a much better option.

Since then, I have signed up to another provider for only $5 extra and I could not be happier. I learned my lesson , cheaper choice is not always a better one. It is wiser to pay a bit more and go with a company with a better customer service and more resources.

If even you think that you won't have the same issue that I had with them, still think of your need of customer service at some point.

I hope this has helped you in your search. Good luck!

Pros

You would get a Cheap service

Cons

You would loose your money. They blame you for their failure to just charge your credit card for no service. Their system can't deliver and then they blame you. read other reviews all over web. Many people have complained about their delivery rate. You would loose your mailing list to them.

Top MailerLite Alternatives

zoie
zoie
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 25/10/2023

MailerLite offers the BEST free trial in email automation!

MailerLite is the first email autoresponder product I've ever used. Their tutorials are so well done and informative. I was able to import my lists so fast and set up my first email campaign within an hour. The visual interface is very intuitive and if you have any questions they have great customer support. Also, unlike other free offers, their logo placement is subtle and does not detract from your emails, forms, or landing pages. Highly recommend.

Pros

I really like the visual way MailerLite sets up email campaigns. This felt very intuitive to me and if I had any questions their tutorials are excellent. Also, setting up my email forms and integrating them into my WordPress website was so easy. I really love that they give you so many design options even with the Free plan. I chose MailerLite because they really do provide the most features in their Free plan than any other email automation products. MailerLite is great for beginners, they have really thought out the product well.

Cons

I'm using the free version and find that building landing pages is a bit limiting and when published looks different than their preview. Also, the landing pages do not seem to look as good on mobile devices. However, creating forms is easy and integrates with WordPress websites really well. Every test that I did worked perfectly.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Zoie,

We love to hear your experience with us. We think it is great our automation, design and integrations have been supporting you in your business journey!

Not only that, but we want to make sure we understand our users and how we can improve our features such as our landing page. If you have some time and would love to have a chat with us, please email us at feedback@mailerlite or send us a reply, so we can hear your thoughts 💚.

Replied 26/10/2023
Marina

Reviewed on 13/02/2024

I LOVE MailerLite

Pros

I love how simple is to use MailerLite features. Emails come out beautiful and the whole process of setting landing pages / campaigns / automations... is effortless, yet effective.

Cons

So far, I really like everything about MailerLite!

Darien
Darien
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 28/05/2022

The new version is not worth it

Pros

The old version was okay, it got the job done with a good price in comparison to a bloated MailChimp. Just simple email marketing and automation. I was excited for the new version to be released as it looked to be a step in the right direction for the user interface (as the old version was, very dated). However, after they released the new pricing structure, almost double just for a fresh coat of paint and a promise for 'new features' with none actually available on the launch, it seemed rushed with a lack of thought for their community. They asked before the release for feedback from the community who mainly focused on not heading in a MailChimp direction, price increases, continued live support, paywalls for simple features. Unfortunetly they didn't listen, the price increased, live support vanished unless you pay 3x more for a plan with only one new feature 'Facebook Audiences' which I can't comment on as I'm not forking out the money to test for it possibly not to work. The biggest downfall of all which really cemented that fact that they aren't listening or care for their original community base was zero migration tools being available at the launch of the new version. Your main customer, who are already supporting you and the most excited to test out your new platform, and they completly left them in the dark until an unspecified date stating the tools were going to be available within weeks, when they were later silently put up after month.

Cons

Cont. Which only moved subscribers and groups, something that could easily be done with a CSV file. They didn’t move your automations, pop-ups, embeds or previous campaigns and reports. Even though they had MailChimp migrations ready from the get-go! Which didn’t work mind you, the free trial only allows for 1,000 subscribers to be added (a new ‘feature’ compared the old version, which allowed more in the trial phase). So when migrating from Mail Chimp to the new MailerLite you were just hit with a stuck loading bar not knowing what is happening at all. As someone in development, the new platform was rushed to release. When creating a new account, you can no longer tether multiple accounts to one email unless you pay, which creates a massive barrier when creating accounts for clients, you have to do the whole ‘forward me the confirmation emails etc’ which just comes across as unprofessional. To dodge this you need to pay, which also means you have to ask them for payment details before you even have the account ready. The migration tools were a pinnacle in the whole new/old version fiasco because it really showed they didn’t care about the old customers. They even remove your affiliate link when migrating to the new version. When using their migration tools for the first time, after disappointment they didn’t really migrate more than a CSV file on information I started to create my automations from scratch, for the simple duplicating feature to fail getting prompted ‘A copy i

Louise
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 04/02/2024

Mailer Lite is Solid

I really like using Mailer Lite because it's simple to use and has a lot of features that I can integrate into my marketing plan. I also love the Customer Service department, whose members are very quick to answer my questions in a way that I can easily understand!

Pros

I'm not super tech savvy but even I can understand the basics of how Mailer Lite works. I especially like the auto sequence feature, which is very intuitive. I also like the drag and drop editorand the ability to use the same template when I want to.

Cons

Sometimes I have to change the size of images to make them work, and sometimes when I drag the format choice over to my newsletter draft, it moves too quickly and doesn't stay where I wanted to put it.

Denis
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 08/02/2024

Great simple email marketing tool.

Pros

The simplicity. I have used a lot of tools. And I was looking for the fastest and simplest way to send broadcasts. MailerLite is the easiest.

Cons

Some features are not available in the basic plan, but it's forgiven as it's simple to use.

Cat
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 13/02/2024

Easy to use, great customer service

I switched from Active Campaign and have been very pleased with how easy MailerLight is! It integrates with my website/course platform (MemberVault) and automations are a breeze. When I had a question about the new email rules, customer service was extremely helpful in resolving my issue.

Pros

It's so easy to use and set up! And once I created a few email templates, sending emails is even easier.

Cons

The MailerLite lingo took some getting used to (groups vs tags, etc)

Rebecca

Reviewed on 14/02/2024

A Game changer for my Small Business

I tried Converkit, Mailchimp, Flodesk, and in the end I chose Mailerlite.

Pros

I'm not struggling to use the platform, it's designed for people who don't know much about complex technology.

Cons

There is no integration with Ecwid, a well-known e-commerce site.
We can't change the social media icon color to fit our brand color.

Maggie
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

Easy to use Email Campaign Builder

MailerLite is easy to use and their team has been very responsive. For example. when we had to upgrade our license as we had hit our subscriber count, last minute, on a Friday, I was stressing! They got our license updated quickly so I could get my time sensitive email out on time.

Pros

This software was easy to implement and use! We have a period of high traffic where we have to reach out to multiple segments with customized information. MailerLite takes the stress out of it. It is easy to manage our subscriber list and I appreciate the intuitive advanced recipient settings that allow me to build in logic based on subscriber segments for sending email campaigns. The simple and easy to use stats let me see what is working. We compare this to a response/action in another system, as our emails are targeting groups with a call to action. I also like how easy it is to copy existing campaigns and easily modify them for different segments. I can build up all my campaigns and have them scheduled to help manage our 'traffic' in our office and systems. I also found that we can set up templates once we have customized the content to help maintain brand consistency, which saves us time and ensures the necessary details are included. I like that I can easily preview and test campaigns - mostly that I can view the desktop and mobile in the browser.

Cons

I've used other software that let us to custom html email design. The built in content builder can be a bit challenging if you really want to customize for a specific look. That being said, the content builder is made to let anyone easily and quickly create emails.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

We had used a free version of a MailChimp with issues and received poor customer services. Literally, they never replied to us after multiple attempts. We had used this product for a few years on the free version, so were invested, but ultimately couldn't use it due to poor customer service, especially knowing our future growth would require purchasing/subscribing to the premium version.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

MailerLite's free version restricted unique users, not the number of emails sent. We often need to email large segments on the same day. The free version made the most sense at the time. We continued with MailerLite because their licensing was affordable and we could pay monthly, and weren't committed to a year long contract.
Jade C

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

Happy Mailerlite Customer!

MailerLite helps me reach my readers with beautiful emails that are simple to design, and their tracking features let me know how successful a particular campaign has been.

Pros

Some of the things I love about Mailerlite are the affordability, the ease of use, the knowledge base, and--when you can't figure out how to do something--STELLAR customer service. Every time I've had to reach out to someone, they've helped me quickly, giving me the information I need and the tools to find what I need next time. And they are consistently improving. Several years ago, I switched from another provider to Mailerlite to save money and expected fewer bells and whistles, but Mailerlite has not disappointed me.

Cons

There are minor automation features I'd love to see deployed in the future, but when I say minor, I mean it. I could live without those tweaks for the rest of my life and still be thrilled.

ConvertKit

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Cost. Mailchimp's pricing got to be too much for me. I also tried other services and found MailerLite to be more affordable without sacrificing service.

Affordability.

Response from MailerLite

So glad to hear that we've been able to support your business and help you reach your audience. Thanks a lot for the review, Jade.

Replied 22/02/2022
Kathie

Reviewed on 10/03/2022

Excellent Product

Ease of use and cost too had me from the very beginning. I love the app and can check my metrics quickly all day long.

Pros

I have used everything from Constant Contact to ConvertKit. Most recently I was with Kajabi which is very expensive and very clunky. On all the other platforms I kept hitting glitches. Kajabi was very slow and the analytics were zero!!!! Mailerlite beats everyone hands down. It’s easy to use, quick, and to the point. The cost beats everyone out there. Don’t let the price fool you. It’s worth it’s weight in gold!!

Cons

Once I got to more advanced options like integrations there were a few hitches but customer service stepped up to help quickly and efficiently. Maybe they have this but I’d love to have alerts when someone subscribes or at least 1 alert daily so it’s easy to keep track of.

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Kajabi was cost and a slow glitch that sent a segment to my entire list. Zero analytics and just not as aesthetic as it should be for that cost!!!!! All the others: cost and not easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

It was not easy to set up. I needed a form in my blog posts and couldn’t figure out how to do that.

Response from MailerLite

Hey Kathie, we got you covered. Just have a look at this article that might help you set up some handy notifications.

Replied 15/03/2022
Tracey
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 27/05/2022

Easy to use and good functionality

Overall MailerLite is my favourite email marketing software. It's easy to use, has many functions and is intuitive to use so you don't have to fumble around trying to find out to do things! Knowledge base is good and if you need help tech support is there. The Free version has everything you need if you're just starting out and all our accounts started on the free version for a few weeks until we reached the maximum number of contacts.

Pros

The drag and drop interface is easy to use and there's also an HTML option if you want to get really specific with your layout. Automation is so simple compared to other mailing platforms I've used. This is key to our marketing strategy and makes life a lot easier than before! The price is good too.
If you have more than one account ( we have 6 ) it's easy to switch between them without having to logout and log back in.

Cons

A minor point but when you set up a campaign and use a template you can't go back and change the template. If the template isn't exactly how you want it you have to start the campaign from scratch.
Occasionally it's slow to load, especially the drag and drop interface.
But these are both minor points.

Response from MailerLite

We'd love how thorough you've been Tracey! Thank you so much for your kind words.

Replied 02/06/2022
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 30/08/2022

Streamlined, Yet Powerful Tool for email Marketing Campaigns

Pros

I have used a number of competing email tracking programs and MailerLite is by far the most streamlined and easy to use I have come across. That said, it doesn't sacrifice any of the capability. I have run multiple email marketing campaigns with it (soliciting reviews for fiction novels and album releases) and was delighted with MailerLite's flexibility and power. It integrates seamlessly with Gmail (as well as other mail clients), giving users the power to imbed tracking on a per-message basis with the simple click of a toggle button. As my campaigns featured hundreds of individually customized email, the per-message tracking was critical. It pushed alerts when a message was opened or a link was clicked and provided useful statistical summaries of engagement on demand. I continue to use MailerLite any time I need to gage (and track) email engagement.

Cons

I have no complaints about MailerLite's functionality--it is easy to use, is full featured, and integrates well with other email apps. However, in order to disable the "this message is tracked by MailerLite" footer included in the message, users need to pay an annual subscription fee. Given how intrusive that message looks, I had no choice but to pay the fee. That said, the fee seemed reasonable given the power of the software.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and MailTrack

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

I switched to MailerLite because of its competitive pricing and complete functionality.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

I chose MailerLite because of its competitive pricing and owing to the fact that it had the features I required in an email tracking client.

Response from MailerLite

We're so glad to hear we cover all your needs with our features.

Replied 28/09/2022
Camilla
Camilla
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 19/11/2022

Mailerlite is THE BEST marketing tool for solopreneurs who want powerful+userfriendly...

Excellent.

Pros

I am LOVING the new Mailerlite!Please send my praise to the product development team and the support team:You provide an amazing service!There are 3 critical reasons I want to stay with Mailerlite and recommend it to all my colleagues:The new advanced functions are much needed and on point, the ease of use, and the amazing customer support – at a reasonable price for a solopreneur.

Cons

When the new Mailerlite was launched, the migration functionality from the old to the new version took months to come. So I ended up having to do a lot of the migration manually, which was time-consuming. And in that time I paid for 2 subscriptions. I think this launch could have been organized better. But this is the only con I have, and now it's over. Because of all the Pros, I am still a happy Mailerlite user. I do think they deliver on the value, so I can look through my fingers with this hiccup.

ConvertKit, Flodesk, Podia, WordPress, Kartra, Mailchimp and AWeber

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

Mailerlite had more advanced options on the free level when I was just starting out. Automation was key here.Also: Mailerlite is way more user-friendly and intuitive than any other email marketing service I've used.I've tried: Active Campaign, MailChimp, Podia, Kajabi, AWeber. (Even though it offers critical advanced options.)

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

Because I had an amazing experience with the free plan, so it was convenient just to stay with Mailerlite as I grew. It offers everything I need to grow. And is intuitive and has affordable, competitive pricing.
Gen

Reviewed on 02/03/2023

Hats off to the tech team and support functions at MailerLite

Having joined MailerLite - I am now the proud owner of ...1. an opt-in that attracts my Ideal Client and pops them on my email list, via a landing page2. a product that I'm selling directly out of Stripe via an integration with MailerLite that sends all sorts of wonderful automated emails 3. landing pages for an upcoming Masterclass that hopefully attracts my Ideal Client - I just feel very empowered and feel like I've elevated my business to a new level of automation which I didn't dream possible - because I am, as stated, a technophobe.My experience has been made even more positive because of the tech team support.

Pros

The thing I rate really extremely highly is the level of support. Despite my 'not' being on the most expensive tier, I have found the support team very responsive to cries for help via email - they acknowledge the email, they keep me in the loop and they do their best to resolve the issue. I find that super-helpful, bearing in mind I generally see myself as a technophobe who is challenged by 90% of technology software.I also, recently migrated to MailerLite having been with a chimp who I simply couldn't work with - I found him incomprehensible and seriously not-fit-for use by me, specifically, and probably many people of my generation and techno-comfort levels. All chimp work had to be outsourced which was extremely frustrating and time-consuming and left me feeling dis-empowered. I have, admittedly, had some challenges with MailerLite but on the whole it's super-navigable and easy to use, and the tech support really elevates it for me into being a really desirable product.

Cons

Hmmmm - I don't have enough to compare with and make meaningful input here.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 12/06/2023

I direct everyone to Mailerlite

The ability to have everything in one place is a big bonus. It helps to streamline business processes very effectively.

Pros

Simple to start using and easy to use, does everything I need it to do, and probably a lot more! Being able to create landing pages & websites in addition to the emails is a huge bonus. I've created lots of landing pages & full website for clients on Mailerlite & they always look great & work well. Support is great, anytime I have a query, which is rare (usually when I've had a blonde moment!) I'm all sorted within a few minutes

Cons

Classic version was pretty slow but the new version seems to have addressed that issue

Emma
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 31/07/2023

Expensive, but we'll worth it

My open rate with mailerlite is better than any other provider I've used. It functions are easy to use, and I highly recommend it

Pros

Mailerlite is easy to use, and adaptable. The design of the emails can be adapted to match my branding, which is essential. I can incorporate links for sales, and then monitor how the links are click and used. Being able to analyse my links and open rate is important, and mailerlite make it easy.

Cons

Honestly, the cost is the biggest issue. The price has just increased, and when you grow your mailing list to a large quantity, it does get very expensive.

Flodesk

Reasons for Choosing MailerLite

I had a low open rate, and mailchimp raised its prices. I decided that if I had to pay a higher price, I expected to get a quality product for the price. Mailerlite allowed me to do more, such as automation sequences.

Reasons for Switching to MailerLite

It had better GDPR complience. I was able to set up more automation sequences that allowed me to stay on top of my list better. Also the way Mailerlite integrates with other producers, and flodesk does not, was important
Sian
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 07/09/2023

Seamless email marketing and my MailerLite experience

My overall experience with MailerLite has been positive so far, and has allowed me to streamline my email marketing efforts and achieve impressive results. Their response times have been consistently prompt, and their willingness to assist with any queries or issues is commendable.

Pros

MailerLite has proven to be a game-changer for my email marketing endeavors. Here are some of the standout features that have truly impressed me:Navigating is a breeze. The interface is clear, well-organized, and user-friendly, making it easy for even a novice like myself to create visually appealing campaigns.The drag-and-drop editor is a real gem and allows me to easily design professional-looking emails without any coding. The pre-designed templates are also a huge time-saver.Automated workflows are simple and MailerLite has a range of automations that enable me to engage with my customers/subscribers in a more personalized manner, resulting in higher open and click-through rates.The ability to segment my email list based on my criteria is invaluable. This feature has allowed me to target specific event attendees , ensuring that my messages reach the right audience every time.The A/B testing functionality helps me fine-tune my campaigns for optimal performance. It's been instrumental in understanding what resonates best with my audience.

Cons

While MailerLite is an exceptional platform, there are a couple of areas where I'd love to see some improvement:Although MailerLite offers integrations with other popular platforms like WordPress and Shopify, it would be really helpful if there was even more integration options with other tools I use in my marketing toolbox.While the pre-designed templates are fantastic, I'd like a bit more flexibility in customizing them. Sometimes, I find myself wishing for more font and layout options.

Sapph
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

Easy-to-use affordable email marketing platform with all of the features most people need

Pros

MailerLite is one of the most affordable email marketing platforms right now with all of the features most people need like automations, a drag and drop builder and embedded signup forms.

Their most useful feature is automations, which lets you send a sequence of emails to subscribers if they join a list, if one of their contact fields gets updated (example: if they go from being a free to a paid member), if they click on a link, etc. You can also create yes/no branches at different points in the automation to send different emails to subscribers after they meet or don't meet a certain criteria.

They also have a decent free plan for those who are starting out or looking to test the platform. The free plan includes automations and most of their key features.

I also use personally use their APIs to automatically add new members to specific automations - they are well documented and easy to follow.

Cons

1. Right now, you can only create yes or no branches in automations. So for example, let's say that you want subscribers who already downloaded a lead gen to not receive an email in the automation about it. The only way to do this right now is to create a yes/no branch. If yes, they'll receive the rest of the sequence in the yes branch *without* the specific email. If no, they'll receive the rest of the sequence in the no branch *with* specific email.

But if you want subscribers in both branches to receive the rest of the other emails, you'd have to have duplicate emails in the yes and no branch. It gets time-consuming if you want to add more emails to the automation (you'd have to add them both to the yes and no branch) or if you need to update any of the existing emails (you'd have to update both in the yes and no branch).

It would be easier if you can simply add specific criteria to each email in the automation. So for example, if the subscriber meets the criteria, they'll receive this email in the automation. If not, they skip that email but still receive the next ones (if they match the criteria).

2. They had deliverability issues in the past which they did work really hard to fix. However, based on my experiences and that of what others have reported, overall open rates (with an authenticated domain) tend to be somewhat lower than a few other top platforms.

Audrey
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 07/05/2021

Finally, an email service that keeps it simple.

MailerLite makes it easy to send professional emails my customers enjoy opening. Emails look better and it saves me time.

Pros

For me, the thing that separates MailerLite from other email services is its RSS feature. We post blogs almost daily. Then, once a week, we send a summary of our posts to our email list. When we were using Constant Contact, I had to make that summary email manually. With MailerLite, I hook up the RSS feed, and they automatically create the summary email and send it out for me. MailChimp has an RSS feature, but the formatting is a bland list. MailerLite wins here because I can edit how the RSS feed looks (e.g., use featured images, automated columns).

Cons

My biggest gripe is when you preview pending RSS emails in the queue. The test email shows older blog posts. However, when the queued email does officially send, it's the correct blog post.

Constant Contact

Response from MailerLite

Hey Audrey, thank you for the feedback regarding the RSS - I will make sure to pass this on to our team for further inspection.

- Lay

Replied 19/05/2021
Eleda

Reviewed on 01/09/2021

Get it for the program - Keep it for the great support

ML makes it easy for me to shoot out emails to our customers to announce new products, sales, and events. We used them for over a year originally, then decided to give Shopify's new built-in email program a try. It was painful to use, extremely limited, and there was not one feature that was as good as MailerLite. We stuck with Shopify Email for almost a year, amid promises it would get better, but finally went back to MailerLite, and immediately remembered how painless - dare I say, even fun - it could be to send out emails.

Pros

The program has the most flexibility in design and automation that we've seen, with the best pricing for these features of any program for a small business. Automatically pull in products from your website with pricing, description and image all set - That saves a lot of time when you want to feature an item, and directs people right to its page to purchase it. Include images, videos, blog posts and tons of other items in your email anytime.

So, features are great, but at some point, you're going to run into something you don't know how to do. That's where it's important to have a great support team backing up a product, and MailerLite's is SUPERB! They usually get back to my email within a very short time, and they almost always can point me to a tutorial video for just the thing I'm trying to do, as well as giving me an answer within the email and an invitation to write with further questions. Their tutorials are professional, well-planned, and easy to follow. Everyone I've spoken with through the years has been friendly and happy to help.

Cons

My biggest challenges have been little things, like not being able to automatically segment customers by the US state they're from. (We'd like to be able to send out some emails just to people within driving distance.) However, I haven't been able to find that on any other program, either, yet. If they could add it, though, it would put them even further above others!

Response from MailerLite

What a lovely review, Eleda - and also the use of the word "superb" is by far my fave - it's a favorite of mine.

I also wanted to thank you for your feedback regarding the segments - should you wish, you can always request these add-ons through your personal profile. Here, other users of the Community can also upvote the feature.

Replied 04/10/2021
Monica
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 12/11/2021

Only The Inexperienced User Grumbles About Mailerlite

If you haven't figured out that Mailerlite is one of those hills I die on in loving the app, then you didn't read my review thoroughly

Pros

I work primarily with authors. As a general rule, authors are control freaks (I know, I'm one myself.) Whenever I hear complaints about Mailerlite open rates, click throughs, management etc. as a loyal customer, I counter with my extended use of the app, how long it takes to build an audience, stop expecting immediate magical results that NO mailing list vendor can give you. The app is the tool, the user needs to know how to manipulate it to their advantage by know how to entertain, hone their lists, and maximize their mailings. MOST OF ALL EMAIL REPUTATION is crucial. Few users get that. A smaller tighter list of 5k subscribers is worth more than a list of 15k because most of that 15k sign up then never read or click through. Wastes money, time, and message focusing.

I have NEVER had any of the problems I see others complain about. No one can be an expert in everything, and while newsletters are crucial to an author, few of them get that it take a strong understanding of mailing list marketing, and creative thinking to use Mailerlite to it's fullest potential.
IMHO Mailerlite can't be beat with their innovative offerings for the budget-mined businesses. BUT you need to know how to use it. Most complainers have unrealistic expectations. They're not looking at the overall picture. The only other vendor I would choose over Mailerlite is AC, but I can manage w/o extra bells and whistles because my expertise is in marketing and the app's abilities to build strong lists.

Cons

The only thing I wish Mailerlite had is some of the detailed tracking that Active Campaign offers, but that requires a lot of programming, and would cost more. I also wish they could transfer over the ability for more custom design that can be applied to everything I create template or email wise. When I have to recreate things, it takes time, and that costs my clients money. Also, lately there seems to be some server delays as certain times of the day the app churns while trying to get from one place to another. But AC has similar problems. I don't know if that's completely their fault though with more and more people working from home, it's bound to impact local traffic on the user's end. However, I'm on 5G and I still have issues with load times . So it's something they need to be aware.

Response from MailerLite

I think your phrase "one of those hills I die on" genuinely just make me spit the tea out of my mouth.

Thank you so much for such an amazing review - I always find it amazingly entertaining to read reviews that have been very creatively crafted and left behind.

I would love to ask you for some details and send you a little gift from my end. Feel free to reply to this, and we can get in touch.

Replied 18/11/2021
Noel

Reviewed on 26/04/2023

Mailer Lite to the Rescue

Overall, MailerLite is a user-friendly email marketing software that offers several useful features for businesses and organizations. Its drag-and-drop editor, automation workflows, and email campaign management tools make it a popular choice for many users. Additionally, its affordable pricing plans and free plan for up to 1,000 subscribers make it accessible to businesses of all sizes.However, as mentioned earlier, MailerLite has some limitations when it comes to integrations, design flexibility, and reporting and analytics features. Businesses that require more advanced features and integrations may find MailerLite lacking. Additionally, some users have reported issues with deliverability rates and email bounce rates, although these issues seem to be relatively rare.

Pros

MailerLite is an excellent email marketing platform that provides a comprehensive suite of features for businesses of all sizes.One of the most significant advantages of MailerLite is its ease of use. The platform is straightforward to navigate and offers an intuitive drag-and-drop editor that allows users to create professional-looking email campaigns without any prior design experience. The platform also provides a wide variety of templates to choose from, making it easier for users to customize their email campaigns to fit their brand and style.

Cons

My fist con is that Mailerlite has limited integrations: MailerLite has limited integrations with other third-party applications, which can be a drawback for businesses that rely on several tools for their marketing activities.Limited automation options: Although MailerLite offers automation features, they are relatively limited compared to other email marketing tools. This can be a disadvantage for businesses that require more complex automation workflows.