Spotler CRM Reviews

About Spotler CRM

Spotler CRM is an easy to use cloud CRM system designed for small and mid-sized organizations, yet also perfect for larger teams. There’s a customizable Sales CRM, plus options for Marketing and Service tools and integrations -...

4.2

Browse Spotler CRM Reviews

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 02/10/2018

Cost effective CRM for small business

We have grown our business with this CRM, and when we were starting out it gave us a lot of "bang for our bucks", the experience has been excellent.

Pros

Having an awareness of the cost of some of the well known CRM platforms e.g. salesforce, dynamics, the thing that strikes you is that the cost of these is prohibitive for an SME with @30 light CRM users. RSS is different. The bottom line is that they offer excellent value for small businesses. I would view this as their USP.

They have a responsive team and have constantly improved the CRM over the years.

Key features I like are the permissions system which lets us give bespoke access to the teams in our business with everyone given the access to the client records that they require.

The integration with Kashflow (accounting) is incredibly useful and reduces unnecesary duplication in our business processes.

The marketing module has been a significant driver for new business, and again is very cost effective.

The activity section enables us to keep good records of client contacts, as does the ability to bcc email comunications into the client record.

The layout of fields is very easy to modify to your business requirements, adding extra fields with dropdowns as required.

Document storage is straightforward with drag & drop functionality.

Cons

Nothing to complain about, happy. Maybe preferred the earlier version which let you know the last time a record was updated and by who.

Response from Spotler

Thanks for the review Chris!

FYI the new version CRM does still let you know the last time a record was updated and by who. At the top of your screen, next to the account name, there's a little clock symbol. Hover over this and the information will appear.

Regards

Replied 03/10/2018
Angela
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 09/11/2022

Perfect for your business

Really happy, does exactly what we need with no fuss or problems. information is available instantly

Pros

Its simple, easy, does what it says of the tin. My favourite part of the software is the ability to adapt the CRM system so that this is specific to our requirements and line of works. throughout the whole software you can change the options so that it is specific to our business needs this is the most attractive feature of RSS. i also like that you can link accounts and save documents to the accounts as well

Cons

i dont really have many cons to report,

Reasons for Choosing Spotler CRM

Out dated, archaic, very 'fixed' software, unable to adapt to our business needs

Reasons for Switching to Spotler CRM

Salesforce didn't seem as adaptable and to our needs, seems very fixed to certain business requirements and complex and convoluted
Dominic
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

RSS Review

We are tracking opportunities and following engagement. Unfortunately, I am still having to use an excel spread sheet because I can't quite get the CRM to duplicate the spread sheet but this is a lack of skill using the system on my part and not a take on the RSS system.

Pros

Its very easy to use, quite intuitive in set up and implementation.

Cons

*After using other CRM software, the lack of ability to move opportunities between accounts when the main holder is no longer the main account. I don't think this is possible without some programming by RSS team. *Having the freedom to manipulate the set up like in Salesforce, where an internal programmer will set up exactly what I require. Do RSS's team do this?
*The display dashboard could be better, to have the ability to adjust the widgets to show what I want instead of a standardised return.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing Spotler CRM

Different companies use different products.

Dynamics 365

It wasn't my decision!

Top Spotler CRM Alternatives

Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Oracle Marketing

• Industry: Packaging & Containers

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

Using Really Simple Systems CRM

Pros

The system is easy to use with plenty of help and education offered if needed.The onscreen look is easy on the eye, clear & concise

Cons

The biggest drawback is the lack of a merge mail feature to enable data to be inserted into a 'live' document for mailing letters etc.To form groups of contacts is cumbersome through the report system

Diana
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

Use of CRM

When I have needed help with something I have had a quick and useful response very quickly.
I find it easy to use for what I need.

Pros

The most important things to me are:- tracking of emails with each customer, tracking of quotation/sales confirmations with each customer. Checking where we are up to with opportunities.

Cons

I have not used this with any other system, but I cannot fathom out the report side of things, but neither have I asked for help using it so far either.

Stuart
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 12/04/2023

Really Simple Systems Review

Over all quite good, not as good as pipedrive.

Pros

Fairly easy to use. The sales management section is not very good for leaving comments and notes. I feel this lets down the whole system.

Cons

The emailer, is not that straight forward, getting fonts and spacing is difficult, and not obvious if you make mistakes. Had to get all the same fonts. The sales contacts recording conversations is very weak.

Response from Spotler

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for your review.

We would like to invite you to book some time in with our technical support team who can show you how to get the most of our sales management and marketing features. https://calendly.com/reallysimplesystems/45-minute-crm-customer-success-call?month=2023-05

Thanks again Stuart.

Replied 16/05/2023
Ronnie
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 13/04/2023

It does what is says on the tin, it's simple

Excellent and our team thinks it is a great system to use

Pros

It is very simple and you can tailor drop downs and configure to your requirements

Cons

It doesn't autosave and it would be good to make more tailored changes

Philip
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 29/03/2022

Oculus FM

Very impressed with the service and the staff at RSS, I feel we get an excellent service from the teams

Pros

Customisations were easy to introduce, the team helped us fully integrate these changes and they are now used daily within the business

Cons

At the outset the system is quite rigid, but given it has to be used across multiple industries we understand why it has to be this way

Reasons for Switching to Spotler CRM

We already had it set up, it just wasn't being used effectively
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 10/04/2019

Does what it says on the box

This software has helped our company to grow from a start-up business to a medium-sized business.

Pros

It's great to see everything you need to know about an account or contact at a glance. It's very helpful to have a task list that keeps your focused and on track. Our operations and sales teams enjoy using this software.

Cons

There are limitations to very specific customisation that you might want to achieve, e.g. we weren't able to use it to track the student progress our learners. But then, it's a CRM system - not a fully featured student information system.

• Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 20/02/2023

A good CRM for managing customer relationships, sales, and much more.

It is a user-friendly, affordable, and comprehensive CRM platform that offers a range of features and functionalities for managing customer relationships, sales, and marketing. While its limited customization options and integrations may be concerns for some businesses, its ease of use and affordability make it an excellent option for companies that are looking for a simple, straightforward CRM system.

Pros

Its interface is user-friendly. The platform is designed to be intuitive and easy to navigate, which can make it easy for businesses to get up and running quickly. Additionally, Really Simple Systems CRM offers a range of training and support resources, including video tutorials, webinars, and a knowledge base, which can help businesses get the most out of the platform.Another major benefit of Really Simple Systems CRM is its affordability. Really Simple Systems CRM offers a range of pricing plans to fit the needs and budgets of businesses of all sizes. Its entry-level plan is free, which can be a great option for small businesses that are just starting out.

Cons

One of the primary concerns that businesses may have with Really Simple Systems CRM is its limited customization options. While the platform offers a range of features and functionalities, businesses may not be able to customize the platform to suit their unique needs as much as they would like.Another potential drawback of Really Simple Systems CRM is its limited integrations. While the platform does offer integrations with a number of popular tools and platforms, it may not be compatible with all the tools and platforms that a business uses. This could make it challenging to integrate Really Simple Systems CRM into a business's existing tech stack.

Ian

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

My Review

Overall it has been a great system for me and the team and we manage to do what we need.

Pros

Accounts, Tasks, Contacts are all fantastic. I really love the feature where within an account, there is a google API integration so you can see a sateilleite view of your customers and gauge the size of the business which is useful for us and the industry we sell to. I also think an excellent feature is being able to look at nearby accounts too, and has a range and mileage bar which you can move to your desire.

Custom reporting is really good too, but it would be better if we could have more than 16-20 custom fields.

Cons

I dislike the fact all support is done via email, despite the email support being very good, sometimes we require complex and bespoke functions and need help to understand how to achieve what we want, and this is difficult to explain via email at times, and would be alot easier to talk it through with someone.
I also am hoping the marketing module improvements come soon, as i would love to send emails and marketing via the system, but at present we use a different external system which seems silly as we pay for it, but we have struggled to use the marketing module as we cant customise our own HTML emails as they do not display how we need them to, and i was told this would be ironed out in the next release, but this has been delayed a few times so would be great to get this ASAP so we can have it all in one place.

Pipedrive and HubSpot CRM

Cost and Poor Support

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Response from Spotler

Ian, thank you for your review. That's great feedback and I'm glad to hear the system is working well for you.

Additional custom fields and telephone support is included in your price plan, so I apologise if we haven't been so active in picking up the phone. I have asked our support manager to get in touch and set up a call to discuss your requirements.

Kind regards

Replied 11/12/2020
Tareq
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 13/04/2023

Wonderful organization for customer evidence, effective email management and sales track

RSS.CRM simplifies our customer data management and communication processes. With its help, we can easily classify and respond to emails, schedule promotional offers, and gather valuable data about customers' interactions.

Pros

RSS.CRM is a valuable tool for organizing and accessing all customer data and communication lists in one place. It offers excellent customer relationship management and email management features, which are essential for obtaining new opportunities. With RSS.CRM, it is easy to add detailed information to each record, including contact details and notes. Assigning tasks also helps in tracking and sharing ideas among team members, which enhances interaction with customers and creates new ways to develop customer relationship management. The integration with various email systems enables organized responses to customer requests and sending promotional offers. Additionally, RSS.CRM reports help in tracking opportunities, linking them to campaigns, identifying products to develop, and constantly consulting marketing strategy.

Cons

Allocating certain fields when creating menus can be challenging, and I believe there is potential for further enhancements and automation in the process of tracking and sending emails to improve its effectiveness.

Andrea

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

Great software

We use primarily for the service & support to log customer instrument faults - RSS helps massively as anything related to the case or customer is in one place. Being able to attach correspondence is great.

Pros

Its very easy to use and being able to tweak fields and add extra boxes is very beneficial in a small business as our needs are constantly changing. Support is great - always reply or sort within 1-2 days.

Cons

It's a shame that the tasks aren't linked with outlook possibly to give you an active reminder instead of you looking at the task list. Also, items that have gone red in the opportunities list - if these could be visible on the front screen with the urgent tasks reminder, this would be good.
As we use the service & support mainly - its good but it could be really improved if it had a planning tool for jobs i.e. Engineer site visits linked with the cases and so you could capture response times, first time fix & feedback. We use another software called Workmobile that contains our onsite engineer service reports - if it could link with this and send reports directly into the cases, this would save us time with manual attachments. As we use the opportunities fields for assets, it would be good to separate these out so the opportunities can be used for our prospects. Have you ever thought about adding a quality management section?

Helen
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 30/03/2022

Reliable CRM system

In the early days customer support in setting up was fantastic. Because it was so personal and speedy and effective I've not had to check in with customer support for years. That was a great customer investment from RSS and has insured I've remained a loyal and low-maintenance customer.

Pros

I've used RSS for years and it's the cornerstone of our business in terms of contacts and business management. As we're a consultancy having individual files for each client is vital so we can track their progress and writer development.

Cons

That we can't search key words to bring up a file. For instance, if I can remember a title of a book but not the author's name, or I met someone at a trade fair - so I have some context - but I can't remember who, or I've worked on book genres with some agents (so it could bring up several files) it would be a game changer if I could just type in key words and it would search through the files in activities and bring up the files rather than just being able to search source, name or email. This is the greatest limiter for me.

Reviewed on 27/08/2016

A Game Changer!

After being a bit overwhelmed by a number of different CRMs out there, I was determined to find something very basic with A) a limited amount of fields (but enough to do the job), B) affordability, C) excellent support and D) ease of use on mobile. Really Simple Systems has delivered on all counts- and then some.
I sent an email to support mentioning that, although I love the software, I had two things on my "wish list" for their next update. I sent that request on a Tuesday morning. I received a reply within an hour (!) telling me they think they could accommodate me on both fronts. By Wednesday morning, BOTH of my requests had been incorporated into the software. Yes. You read that right. 24 hours later! I was blown away as these two enhancements continue to save me time and money on a daily basis. My advice for anyone is to try Really Simple Systems for a month or two to get a taste of how easy it is to use and how amazing the support team is. This is a game changer for small business owners like myself.

Pros

Affordability. Ease of use. Mobile interface. Unparalleled Customer Support.

Cons

None.

Response from Spotler

Hi Chris
Thanks for your endorsement. I'm not sure every development request happens quite so quickly but we do try our best! Fortunately, with a simple CRM like ours there is a lot we can do to to accommodate our customers so we are pleased to hear it has been so successful for you.
Best regards
Helen Armour
Marketing Manager

Replied 30/08/2016
Rod
Rod

Reviewed on 12/03/2021

Essential Software

Overall we've had a reall good experience over 7 years and don't regret for a minute going with RSS. The few occasions we've used the support it's been good and the issues were resolved, and we tend not to think too much about RSS, but maybe that's the sign of a good system, it does what we need and is just there when we need it.

Pros

We have all our client and contact details together, we use the integrated email so it stores all incoming and outgoing mails providing a full record of conversations and data. Overall, this is a realtively inexpensive but critical part of the mangement of our business.

Cons

Sometimes the customisation seems a bit clunky, and whern adding in new clients and contacts there are lots of fields that we don't use. We probably could take those out but haven't because the customisation we don't find simple.

• Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 07/08/2020

Lives up to the label!

We've used this product for 9 years with minimal drama. It's the lynch pin of our business. The support team in Aus & the UK have been great to work with.

Pros

Simple to use, intuitive, minimal training required for new users, good support when required (not often!).
Easy access to your data, can be downloaded in seconds and analysed in excel/MS Access if the excellent report writer doesn't cover your query. Easy to create and distribute/manage EDM's. Far more flexible than Mailchimp.

Cons

I would like more control over screen layout.

Rebecca

Reviewed on 30/03/2022

Review of RSS

Overall a really good service; we are aware that there are more complex systems available - for a lot more money - but our needs are quite simple and this platform fulfills our needs for this point in time.

Pros

We didn't really know what we wanted when we implemented RSS other than an easy to use database for all prospects and clients. And that is exactly what was delivered. The support guys have been fantastic at working with me to tweak the fields and make this fit for purpose for a business that sells a service rather than products. The report function is easy to use, and the marketing suite is ok but I dont use it enough to feel overly confident in my abilities. I have to relearn every time I use it.

Cons

It would be great if we could email from within the software.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 02/11/2022

Easy to use but could be made more streamlined

RSS makes it easier to have data in one place on a simple CRM. If you have any degree of IT knowledge you will easily pick up working on it and can use webinars to increase knowledge.

Pros

Easy to set up and upload data to. Email campaigns are quick to set up and very easy to add content to. Adding your own customer fields is simple to do. Support is good and helpful.

Cons

Everything is too long winded. To add something to an existing contact you need to find the contact, click the contact, click edit, make your change, save. And the system isn't fast so all of that loading time to add in. It would be easier to be able to edit once you are in a contact then just save changes not start editing separately! Lists and reports being the same would also be better. You view a report for data then have to make the list separately to send email campaigns. Can't copy email campaigns easily.Everything just seems a bit complicated and not so simple!

HubSpot CRM

Price
Susie

Reviewed on 12/04/2023

Does what it says on the tin

Generally like it and recommend it to clieents as a starter.

Pros

Simple to learn and use on a daily basis

Cons

1. Inability (due to how set up) to pull a rteport with all account and contact details together.2. Delete and Edit Buttons should be the other way round - why have delete as a first option? Mostly I would be editing not deleting....3. When aditng a new account, the Vomments Box could be long and thin not short and fat - it pushes the page off the screen unnecessarily - and there is nothing else preventing this length of box...4. Recent price change has made one client want to change product...

Clarissa
  • Industry: Maritime

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

Very useful tool

Great for keeping track of long term clients and prospects with a good record of correspondence for the whole company.

Pros

Its a really easy to use system, a great way to record information which is accessible to the whole team.
Easy to track progress with opportunities and tasks.
Useful to see the progress of marketing emails

Cons

Although the reports can be very useful, creating a report is not very self explanatory and can be quite complicated.
The opportunities system is confusing with reference to unit price, sale price and value.
Would be nice to have a tick box option when recording a call activity to be able to easily record if the call was answered, if a message was left, if the client is returning a call etc.

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Love this software!

As a relatively new Company (2016) it was really helpful that RSS CRM was free until we reached 100 accounts. We passed that just recently and upgraded to a payment option.
In terms of applying for business loans it was great to be able to easily download a list of enquiries and demonstrate how many projects we had won and what was in the pipeline.

Pros

Easy to use. The reports are great and easy to customise.

Webinars are really helpful

Cons

Nothing really. If I was being picky I'd like the facility to change the account name of an opportunity as sometimes our projects can be sold on to other clients and it would save uploading them all over again.

I would also like the software to be compatible to other software that create dashboards

Amanda

Reviewed on 29/01/2020

A really functional and reliable resource

We have had a very positive experience with this software

Pros

The ease of use made it very easy to roll out across our locations
Drag and drop option makes it very easy to upload documents
All Customer information is on one page and easily accessible
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] worked with the team to customise a solution that would work for us

Cons

We needed a very detailed Financial Area would would require a fully bespoke solution

monday.com

Cost and customisation options
Alex

Reviewed on 05/06/2017

Exactly what it says on the tin!

I have been using this product for over ten years when I was introduced to it when working at Iizuka and subsequently for my own business. I have also introduced it to other small businesses and one homeless charity I worked for called Emmaus. RSS were generous enough to provide it pro bono! It was a fantastic way of keeping profiles of each resident and sharing the information should the resident move on to another establishment. It solved a complex problem very easily!

Pros

The product is very easy to use. It is easy to manager clients and the interactions with me. whether it be by phone or email. With the subscription product, emails can be synced with the client details which saves having to copy and paste.

Richard
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 02/11/2022

The simplest CRM out there

We now have a complete solution for our business. We can keep the customer data, prospect data, email marketing results & reports all in one place, in a GDPR Compliant way

Pros

How customisable the whole UI is, so easy to use. Reports are a breeze & segmentation is very easy

Cons

The Email marketing side - The mailshot builder could have more fonts & the creation wizard could be a little easier to use

Salesforce Sales Cloud, Mailchimp and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Spotler CRM

I was recommended by someone I trust