Asana Reviews

About Asana

Asana is a comprehensive project management tool that offers a range of technical features to streamline workflows and enhance collaboration within teams. With its user-friendly interface and robust capabilities, Asana provides...

Browse Asana Reviews

12,666 of 12,666 reviews
Hazel
Hazel
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 13/05/2024

Asana: My Choice of Work Platform

Asana has truly become an indispensable tool for me, helping me stay organized, productive, and focused on achieving my goals. Overall, Asana is a powerful tool and although it may not be the best fit for everyone, especially those who prefer simpler interfaces or have specific integration needs, it works for me and for most people that I know that are also on Asana.

Pros

I love using Asana for its seamless organization and collaboration features. It keeps my tasks, deadlines, and projects neatly structured and easily accessible. I can assign tasks, set due dates, and communicate with team members all within one platform streamlines our workflow and ensures everyone stays on the same page. Plus, its customizable interface allows me to tailor it to my specific needs and preferences.

Cons

While Asana offers robust features for project management, I find its interface can be a bit overwhelming at times. The abundance of options and configurations can be confusing, especially for new users. Also, while its customization is a strength, it can also lead to inconsistencies across teams if not managed carefully.

DENNIS KUBAI

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

Multiple Projects Management,Team and Projects Collaboration and Online Billing Expertise

Reliability on cloud PM, TM and task management. Internal departmental cloud meetings scheduling and rescheduling.

Pros

How I easily monitor,commence and track several projects at the same time.
Cloud team collaboration thro' BIM persistent chats.
File sharing and content management.
Subscription billing and invoicing.
Online products and services branding and promotions as well as E-marketing campaign.
Workflow Management, tasks updating, editing and online proofing.
Impressive architecture and web-user-interface design expertise.

Cons

I would just double thumb Asana's products vendor.

Rob
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 19/04/2024

Charged me 4 months x $150 after telling them to cancel it...and would not refund

The app is quite good .... the customer service leaves a LOT to be desired!! They billed my card 4 times ($150 per time) when it was supposed to have been switched temporarily to a free account. I was talked into this versus canceling. Well, now it IS canceled! I will fight for my $600 back. They charged my card without authorization. Their service dept was useless. They caused me more hours of work to dig through all my old emails and still did not refund....... worse, the gal I was emailing with told me there was no way to escalate my claim!! .......... BEWARE!!!!!

Top Asana Alternatives

Faz
Faz
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Brickflow loves Asana

Fantastic so far! Love the UI/UX and also love the integrations great for our company!

Pros

We love the integrations and how seamlessely it auto saves everything we do. We love how easy it is to collaborate and how well thought out the UI/UX is. We also love prioritisation features and how forms filter in so seamlessely

Cons

We would like some Jira like features like tickets to be built in rather than using customisation as a means to create a system like it.

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Just felt integrations and also workflows were better on Asana

Jira

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Just had better usability and better UI/UX
Khushnud
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 30/04/2024

Asana for teammates

I use it for team discussion, project deployment and task assignments

Pros

Asana is great to structure projects or tasks and collaborate with team members. Also it provides visual timeframe

Cons

At first it looks very complicated and difficult to expand features

ONLYOFFICE Docs

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Outlook was consulting too much time and was not capable of making all requirements

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Asana is flexible, works on web or installing app
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 02/05/2024

Versatile, flexible, delight to manage work remotely

Saves a lot of time going back and forth with project updates and reviews management.

Pros

I enjoy using Asana for delegating tasks across departments within companies I work with. My work is project based, and when my clients already use Asana, the onboarding process simply becomes 10x faster. I like how Asana makes the complexity of task and project management simple.

Cons

My only issue is clicking on the 'Complete task' button by mistake when trying to close the task card or rename the task (in an already scrolled position)

• Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 13/05/2024

Asana is a great tool for remote teams

Pros

What I like the most is that it allows remote teams to work harmoniously and keep everyone focused on the priority task at hand. I like that we can tag anyone in our Asana account if we need anything from them to keep the project going.

Cons

What I didn't like is, it's missing the real-time chat option, we can just tag each other but we have to use Slack for chatting purposes.

Reviewed on 20/04/2024

A falling leader

I think it's good. It's a great stepping stone for those just entering the realm of project management.

Pros

I like the simplicity. We transitioned to ClickUp, but newcomers to the company use Asana for their first 6 months as they get the hand of a project management software and get trained weekly on click up.

Cons

The lack of automation, and the fact that's hard to build a very custom and complex workflow without the excessive use of APIs

Traci
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 22/05/2024

Powerful but a steep learning curve

Pros

When I tell people about Asana I call it Spreadsheets on steroids. I love that it is familiar but more robust.

Cons

There is so much to it that I am struggling to learn it. I don't use it that often but it is because I don't know how to. That happened with another tool like Asana and once I learned it, it was awesome to use and I am sure Asana is the same way. I just haven't taken the time to learn all the features yet.

Shishir
Shishir

Reviewed on 21/04/2024

Closer Look at Asana

My overall experience with Asana has been positive. It's helped me stay organized and on top of my tasks, which has reduced my stress levels. I appreciate how easy it is to break down big projects into smaller steps and assign tasks to team members.

Pros

Sure! Here's a draft in easy language:

I really liked how Asana makes it easy to organize tasks. You can break down big projects into smaller steps, which helps me stay focused. It's also great that I can see what everyone on my team is working on, so we can stay coordinated. Plus, the reminders and notifications keep me on track, so I don't forget anything important. Overall, Asana just makes managing tasks simpler and less stressful.

Cons

One thing I didn't like about Asana is that it can feel a bit overwhelming at first. There are so many features and options that it takes some time to learn how to use them all effectively. Also, while the basic version is free, some of the more advanced features require a paid subscription, which might not be feasible for everyone. Lastly, while the notifications are helpful, they can sometimes be too frequent and distract me from what I'm working on.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

The most intuitive project management tool!

Overall Asana kept my team well-aligned with cross-functional teams in the department, and was crucial in meeting tight deadlines. Less time emailing = more time getting work done!

Pros

The interface is easy to navigate, and very intuitive. You can tag team members in comments, assign tasks, re-open tasks, share files and links for approvals. It's complex without ever looking or feeling complex, it just helps teams stay organized and on task. Not to mention it's easy to train new employees on since it's so intuitive! My favorite aspect of all though, is the customizable task lists. As a team leader, it was helpful to customize my lists to keep a pulse on all the projects in my team's queue. As a contributor, each of my team members could organize their action lists however they wanted–due date, priority, etc...

Cons

I wish that the project timeline setup was less manual. If one task's timeline went over, it was a bit manual to update the remaining timeline of all the other tasks in the project.

Kantata and Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Asana

My team didn't require the time-tracking and Slack / Invision integrations that some of the other more expensive project management systems offered. Asana covered all of our basic project management needs, had a clean interface, and was a very fair price!
Chase

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

A god-send for getting us organized

We have a lot of different marketing activations spread over various time periods and across multiple brands we own. Being able to organize all of this effectively and keep everyone on schedule has been a tremendous help and has saved us countless hours of time. We use this tool daily to keep everyone on track, and I couldn't be happier with the results.

Pros

Powerful tagging and search functions make it very simple to keep track of our myriad marketing activations and all their associated deliverables. Adding subtasks and including collaborators on tasks makes it very easy to keep track of who needs to do what and by when. Various views like lists, calendars, and kanban boards make it accessible to everyone on the team who thinks and processes information differently. The UX is clean and simple, and the 'my tasks' and 'inbox' features help us all keep track of what's happening in our assigned areas.

Cons

The only con I have is that there is somewhat of a steep learning curve for some of the more advanced features, and there's some serious thinking and heavy lifting required to get everything laid out and organized in the tool and then get everyone onboarded. However, I think this is likely going to be the case with any team adopting a project management tool.

Trello, monday.com and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing Asana

We switched from Airtable because it's project management features were not as robust as we needed.

Airtable

Reasons for Switching to Asana

We chose Asana over the alternatives due to the breadth of features, comparative ease of use, and better pricing.

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

Asana for Digital Agencies

I solved the workload of every member of my team and the priority of each task. I was able to have a clear and open vision of the situation with each client and deliver their requests on time. It was very helful to us.

Pros

I used Asana for 1-2 years while I was working on a Social Media Agency. It helped me a lot to organize my team. I was able to track all the tasks in their differents stages and also I could know the workload of every member of my team.
Also I integrated Asana with my Gmail and created tasks from there, very easy and quickly.

Cons

When I started using Asana, I had trouble copying and pasting images directly from the email body. Then when they achieved integration with Gmail, this was resolved.
Also, email notifications were quite annoying until I learned how to disable them. Maybe they could add a feature to only send email notifications for important tasks.

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Because it was easier for the whole team to understand how it works. The visualization of the tasks is friendlier than the Trello cards.
Scott
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Keeping the Team on Task

Outstanding. My primary goal using Asana was to replace the traditional procedure manual with something more robust and dynamic. The ability to schedule, repeat, and assign tasks means I complete and and forget it and until I'm reminded on the next cycle. Everything I need is contained in the project.

Pros

Easy to enter data and uploading of attachment to tasks. Very much appreciate the ability to have a conversation about the task in the task and not fill up my email. Customizable fields are a huge plus because I can track details and progress in a manner that meets my work style. Like the ability to drag and drop and colorize different things to make spotting what I'm looking for easier.

Cons

Although you can add followers to tasks, inability to assign multiple team members to the same task without duplicating the tasks is frustrating.

There several small user interface things I would improve about Asana. I wish the project list could own the entire left hand column instead of sharing with with other high level functions. Those could be moved to the top. Having to click "Show more Projects" to view the whole list is unnecessary.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Asana

We were already using the free version and had loaded up lots of information into the system. Switching to a different system with minimal differences would not be worth it. Different systems work differently, but they all accomplish roughly the same tasks. No significant benefits would be gained from making the change.
Memory
Memory
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

Fantastic task management software!

I started using this software at a previous job then, when starting here, quickly found out that not all task-management tools are created equal. The one we were using was not very functional and people tasks were constantly getting lost in the shuffle.

The other website designer that started after me had also used Asana before so we started using it to manage the development of the site we were designing. We told another team about it and they started using it as well. It eventually caught on and we convinced the higher-ups to purchase an upgraded plan and implemented it company wide.

There are so many great features. It's impossible to narrow down my favorite. But I will say that it makes managing tasks so easy and helps my addled brain stay organized and focused. There are different modes for how you view your tasks allowing users to choose one that they prefer. For example, there's a calendar view, a list view, a Trello-type layout, and more. I also LOVE that it's offers so much flexibility in how tasks are organized. You can set up different teams and assign certain people to be in those teams. Within the teams you can create projects, then breaks those down into tasks. Within the teams you can create multiple levels of subtasks - for example, a subtasks inside a subtasks inside the main task. This is a really great feature for me, being a website designer, because there are so many steps involved in creating a site.

Pros

What's not to like?! The customer service is great, there are multiple training videos to help you learn about all the different features and how to use them, it's GREAT for staying organized when you have a million different projects you are working on at once, it makes delegating projects and tasks very easy...

Beyond all the great task-related features, one of my favorite things is the quirky animations - when marking complete on a task you'll occasionally get a celebratory animation (kind of a geeky, digital pat on the back) my favorite being a unicorn that flies across your screen. This is obviously not something that's necessary or a way to help users stay more organized, but it is fun and adds a little extra flair to the software. (Yes, it's the little things that excite me. 😆)

Cons

As with any software that is customizable and has a lot of features, there is a learning curve to using Asana. There are so many different settings and features, it can take a while to learn the ins and outs of using it. But, as I already said previously, they provide a plethora of training videos and have excellent customer service when you need to contact them.

One specific thing I wish was different is how the repeating tasks are set up. As of now, when a task is set to repeat, the next task doesn't show up until the previous one has been marked as complete. It would be nice to see all the repeating tasks (especially in the calendar format) so you can get an accurate view of all the tasks you have coming up for the upcoming months. It's not a major inconvenience, but something I would suggest that the developers implement in a future update.

Maszni
Maszni
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 22/03/2021

Best for managing customer feedback

We are very happy implementing Asana into our work system as it has help us greatly managing our work. Every team member has a very clear work description with this software especially when we are collaborating on project.

Pros

What i really like with Asana that i have use is managing customer feedback and filter it to forward it the respective department. It help us to track the ticket opened by customer, and track the ticket progress either is has been taken action and can be closed.

Cons

There are not many integration that can be linked with this software. I need a integration with Github and has making a request to the developer, but still has no respond for it. It will help so much for a Information Technology staff user like me to managing the Helpdesk between Asana with our current system.

Juan Miguel

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

Excellent for self-tracking or collaborative work

Like I mentioned, Asana is one of the tools I naturally use everyday, and often encourage other colleagues or students to use as well. It is my to-do list as well as my project tracker, collaboration tracker, and "don't forget to do this/brainstorms for the future" tracker

Pros

I love that Asana can act as a daily task/project manager but is comprehensive enough to plan for future projects and collaborative work. It is a tool that is intuitive enough that I want to use it every day, but not so simple that I only use it for to-do lists. Any time I start collaborative work with other people at different institutions, I always push for us to use Asana as the organizing platform.

Cons

The subscription and use of the paid services could be more clear; it isn't easily understandable who has to pay for a subscription if the use of it will be shared across people from different institutions. Also, the pricing settings could be more accessible for 1 or 2-person teams, because at the moment it is mostly geared for groups and businesses (which admittedly makes sense)

Rickey

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

Great, robust tool for project management

Unlike other platforms, Asana is much more efficient when working and carrying out your projects, not only because of the quality of its interface and the excellent function of its tools. from carrying out a project to a task and subtasks it is really easy and very professional. They haven't fallen into the trend of making everything bubbly and cartoonish like other platforms. Asana has also helped to eliminate the cost of other tools, since many additional features are built in.

Pros

I like the User interfaces because it makes early adoption very possible. The learning curve is small, and it's easy to set up your tasks, request colleagues to participate and to do everything simultaneously. I also enjoy the aggregate of the duties for reporting purposes, and they'll be reminded to accomplish the duties. The working calendars are also pretty clean and it's simple to reorganize the scheduled start times, durations and completion dates to integrate documents, reports or e-mails.

Cons

It's difficult to figure how to hide some info that is unnecessary for your specific use case. It's also not so simple to add in dates for recurring tasks.

• Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 16/09/2023

Manage projects online and collaborate easily with the Asana solution

In the end, I recommend researching and trying Asana for yourself to determine if it's the right project management tool for your needs.

Pros

I've used the Asana solution to manage several projects over the course of my career. From experience, I can say that this tool guarantees ease of use, allowing me to delegate tasks and track the progress of my team's work without getting in the way. The software enables my staff to meet deadlines for the completion of activities. In short, thanks to this online project management and collaboration solution, we've been able to increase our productivity.

Cons

Despite all the good things I think of the Asana management tool, I find that its interface could be less cluttered with options, as this aspect often poses difficulties for my team members. Indeed, my collaborators have difficulty finding and using some of the platform's specific functionalities.

• Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 01/10/2020

A must have for geographically disperse teams

Love it! Can’t live without it. I’m better at my job and better at working with my team because of it.

Pros

I use this tool to stay organized and provide visibility to my teammates with my individual work. I also use it to implement processes for planning and task management for a team that sits across three different regions in the world. It really helps keep us all on the same page.

Cons

It is easy to get disorganized with this tool. You really need to manage what you create. It can get messy and confusing if you don’t use the features intelligently.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

I found Wrike to be less user friendly. I was not as impressed with the interface. Wrike just feels more difficult to navigate and it doesn’t point you in the right direction like Asana does. Asanas templates are a game changer.

Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Asana

Trello was too simplistic and couldn’t fit all of our needs for the different types of project planning we wanted to do.
Lauren

Reviewed on 15/08/2018

Asana General Review

Overall I really love working in Asana. It's easy to use, very intuitive, and solved a huge business need, which was really streamlining our project process and organizing team assignments. I think there's tons of room for growth. I also really like all the online resources they provide - I bookmark articles and tips all the time.

Pros

The collaboration opportunities this platform offers is excellent. I also really like being able to assign users are contributors or comment-only. That has been helpful when working with clients who get a little overzealous with their task assigning. Obviously the look and feel are great - it's very intuitive to someone who uses collaborative tools (ie. similar to Basecamp). I also love the drag and drop file archive - we use this feature even more than Dropbox because all aspects of the project can live in one place. The more I can keep my team in this system working, and finding what they need independently, the better.

Cons

Not being able to assign the same task to two people is a pain. I don't want to duplicate the task because that clutters up my project space and can cause confusion (esp when I have a ton of moving parts). . So the option to have two people responsible for the same task would be ideal.

I've had issues with the dependency feature as well. It's not super intuitive - though it's a feature I'd like to use because I'd like to trigger team members to start on certain work once a task is completed - it would make my job as the Sr. PM easier. Maybe blowing out the dependency functionality is something to look into.

One thing I hear ALOT from clients and team members is accessing links from their Asana email notifications. They will click a link and be taken to just that specific task, but they don't understand where that task lives because the project tags aren't obvious enough. If the links could open up the full project with the list or kanban view on the left, and the open task on the right, that would be hugely helpful.

Resourcing is a huge issue for our company so I would love to see something about resource management implemented in the future. I would pay double to have a solid resourcing/traffic view in Asana.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 15/12/2018

The App That Makes Me Count My Lucky Stars

Pros

Asana
If apps were food, my mouth would WATER when I mention Asana. It's not just any meal. When it comes to organizational apps, it's THE best dessert. It's SWEEEEEET!

It's the app that I'm actually using to write the draft of this review on.

Every time I need to move all my to-do's from my head onto another place, I jot them down on Asana.

I can use physical calendars, ( I actually do like them)... but Asana has been the ONE system that I use to jot down my goals, to-do's , projects, systems, outlines, notes, reminders, pretty much everything except my shopping list and things I have to fully write.

I love this app so much that I'm actually quite proficient at using it thanks to a course that I took called Asana HQ http://bit.ly/asanahq.

It has taught me how to maximize my account that I created using my own domain.

The beauty of Asana is that it's simple to use, easy to create lists on, group those things into tasks or projects and just literally move forward in life.

I have become considerably more proficient in life thanks to Asana. Yes you can buy a computer, and buy some software and gear for your dreams... but if you don't have a tool in place that allows you to nudge yourself forward, you'll most likely be stuck for a very long time.

Asana is SO great that I count my lucky stars knowing that it's free.

Try it... and don't be surprised if you fall in love with it.

It's perfect for the little thoughts you don't want to forget, it's also perfect for the

Cons

I can't think of anything.

I like it that much.

If I had a magic wand, maybe more free features would be nice. I wish they added a progress bar to your tasks or projects to visiaully better be able to gauge the progress we're making. But it's already a great app.

• Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

Easy to use and quite straightforward

The first thing I find it very useful is that it helps a lot to manage my time and set priorities for different tasks. Because of its ability to be in different projects features, it will be quite handy for the ones who involve in different teams of a company like HR, Project Management.

Pros

It's quite easy to use and it has helped me a lot to keep track of my daily tasks. I find it very satisfying to complete the tasks right after i finish them. It is also handy for the management team to review everyone's tasks and how they're doing at the end of the day. It has already got essential features for task management even in free version, but I'd love to go premium later.

Cons

I hope it could provide more features like insights and trends in free version. But it is still okay to see the general insights of your work.

Reasons for Choosing Asana

Asana is more easy to use and looks better.

Trello

Response from Asana

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and feedback with us. We're grateful for your honest feedback and we're glad you feel we're on the right track!

If you've any follow-up questions, please let us know via our support team (asana.com/support) or community forum (forum.asana.com), we'll be more than happy to help!

Replied 10/06/2020
Grace
Grace

Reviewed on 04/01/2018

EXCELLENT task management, but not worth paying for Premium features.

Pros

Before using ASANA, we seem to always be saying were is that file again? or I can't find that in my email? With ASANA we can organize, and simplify many tasks while also keeping everything in the same, nicely designed, place. The interface is relatively easy to navigate, and just takes some playing around to understand. Also, ASANA has a great app so its easy to have everything you need always at hand.

The projects with a board view helps us layout research studies. When starting a study, having a board view really helps us see The big picture. We create columns for Design and Preparation, Recruitment, Measures ect. and layout major tasks with subtasks underneath.

ASANA simplifies the process of writing letters of recommendation. Research assistants can create a task that lays out in subtasks the information, and files their letter writer will need, assign the task to their letter writer and set a due date.

ASANA also allows you to have a workspace for work and personal. This is great because I can keep all of my to-do's in one software.

Other great features: you can have ASANA create tasks from your email, tasks can belong to two projects, tasks/projects can easily be copied.

Cons

Premium features are not worth . They don't significantly improve the functionality, and are not worth going. The only draw is the free account only allows 15 members. ASANA should offer a cheaper subscription for teams who just need more than 15 members, but are not interested in the cost of the premium features.

Here are some things that need work
1 Can't assign a task to more than one person (huge drawback)
2 Communicating on ASANA isn't the best. Most teams also use messaging services, like Slack for all communication. For us this has been a problem, because sometimes we can't remember where a certain conversation took place, on Slack or ASANA. It would be nice to have ASANA fully integrated with a messaging platform, so conversations about projects are in one or both places.
3 The calendar is honestly confusing. Always unsure if I add a due date to a task, if it will show up in the calendar or not-not very intuitive. Also, calendar should have different views for personal task dates, and team dates.
4 Files added to tasks are dead, meaning if you edit the file you need to upload the new version. It would be nice to have it integrated with cloud services so the file auto updates.
5 Can't communicate between tasks/projects on other workspaces or be able to copy a project to a new workspace.
6 Board view can get cluttered, so having projects within projects could help with larger projects.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 28/03/2018

Easy to use, great for accountability

Our company has increased our ability to provide clients with deliverables. We have been able to say we meet deadlines. We also have not sacrificed quality and have been given the ability to focus on that rather than focusing on tasks/timelines.

Pros

It works for both my visually creative people and my operational people. It allows ease of mind for myself when assigning tasks to others. It's also easy to use for those who aren't "tech savvy" or who struggle with learning new things. They provide a lot of insight into how to use/customize the software for your organization. Having implemented it across my organization in the "premium" version, we have found ourselves more organized, more goal focused, and are no longer worried about remembering the details. It's all there for us. Very happy with the future updates coming out to make it less marketing/sales oriented with abstracts to more process oriented and operational-ized without losing the ease-of-use features. We use it primarily for HR (training, onboarding) and our Client Projects (keeping track of tasks and deliverables while keeping an eye on due dates). We have just implemented it into Marketing/Sales and we maintain about 75% compliance.

Cons

It was hard to find information on the premium version in a way that showed me exactly what it did. Eventually, a person contacted me by email and provided me with a webinar, but I couldn't find the same webinar on their site which was a little frustrating. Their customer support has gotten better, but it still needs a little work (chat is great, but would love a dedicated account director). Still lacks features that other PM software has which I would like. I know it's coming soon though. I rated lower on Features/Functionality and Value for Money because I think those go hand in hand. The Free version was fine for us except I wanted more. If there were more features I think it would be more worth the money. As it stands, you could take or leave the premium version. Among peers, I usually recommend the Free version and implementing that before moving towards the Premium version. I did that for about 6 months before committing to Premium.