About Kiddom

Kiddom is an education platform that connects curriculum, instruction, and assessment in one place with integrated tools for communication. With Kiddom, schools and districts stay prepared for teaching and learning in any...

Browse Kiddom Reviews

Allison J.

Reviewed on 21/11/2020

New and Happy

The customer service is top notch!

Pros

It is an easy way to share the curriculum with my distance learners.

Cons

Some parts are cumbersome. Some things aren’t easy to share with families, use.

Maria A.

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

A middle school math review

I have had a general good experience with Kiddom, but I have to say that at the beginning when I was just learning the system as well as my students, we needed a lot of support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to be able to really get to know it. The system is not friendly by itself at the very beginning. I think for online learning it works, but I am not sure if we would use it if we had the physical books in the classroom. Hopefully more automatic graded practice could be included to extend its benefits.

Pros

I liked how Kiddom helped me and my students turn in and grade work during the pandemia online learning. What I like the most is that the Open up resources are directly assigned to the students and sometimes apps like Geogebra are inserted to help students learn. I also like the fact that teachers can give comments to their students and how to improve their work. Even though I have not used much the data reviews, I think they are valuable resources to see how the students are growing.

Cons

I don't like that I have to assign as many times as classes I have the same work with different dates to my different class periods. This really consumes time. I don't like that in order to assign work I have to scroll down up the present unit I am which consumes time. I also don't like that I have to grade the assignments to be able to get data from the data. I wish some automatic features were there to provide with automatic data without me having to grade every single assignment my students take. I don't like that sometimes when students change device the system does not allow them to enter until they remove cookies in their devices. I also don't like that if I change something that change is reflected also to my colleague when we are sharing the same curriculum. Finally, I wish that when students did something in the apps, Kiddom could keep their work because if students do not take screenshots, their work is not saved. Uploading images takes a lot of time from them.

Madison D.

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

From a Biology teacher: good in a pinch but room for improvement

Overall, Kiddom has proved to be a very useful resource during this challenging year. I think there could be a few simple fixes that would make a WORLD of difference for teacher-usefulness.

Pros

I think the basic idea of Kiddom is great! It has definitely been useful this year as a relatively simple way to relay lessons and assignments to students. As a type-A personality teacher, the organization of Kiddom is fantastic (classes, units, then lesson plans). That part of Kiddom was obviously well-thought out with teacher-friendliness in mind.

Cons

Limitations to certain features frustrate me and cost me precious time. 1st) If I need to edit an assignment I have already assigned to my classes, I have to edit it, then delete it from every individual class (that is especially frustrating), then re-assign it to every individual class. Maybe I have misunderstood how to assign lessons to my kids, but it seems like there should be something more time-effective than editing, deleting, then re-assigning to every individual period. 2nd) There should be a more teacher-friendly way for students to submit assignments. I tried making a submit button for their assignments, but found it to be, again, not a time-effective process so I eventually got frustrated and gave up. My distance learners use Microsoft Teams to turn in my assignments (which is also a lot of clicks but it was more teacher-friendly than Kiddom, so I rolled with it). 3rd) There needs to be a way to assign lessons to every section of my class with only one click. I get frustrated with dragging an assignment over to every single class when the assignment is the same for each class. Microsoft Teams lets you create one assignment then choose which classes you'd like to assign it to. 4th) I would really appreciate being able to share lessons that I've created on Kiddom with the other teachers in my department and them be able to push these lessons directly out to their students (without having to copy/paste my lessons into their curriculum or create questions I made).

Top Kiddom Alternatives

Amy B.

Kiddom in the Elementary Classroom

Overall, Kiddom was very stressful at first! haha BUT I do feel that once you got into it and learned the software, it was very easy to use and actually offers a lot of features! I know this is true with most software and digital things as I know they are forever evolving and changing and updating. I truly appreciate Kiddom and the staff for all they have done to keep us engaged with our students during this crazy time and also keeping Kiddom updated so that we can continue to do so.

I will admit, we were very overwhelmed and frustrated at first, but all things considered, I think Kiddom has made our hybrid model of Distance Learning flow more smoothly than had our district chosen Google Classroom or another feature.

Thank you so much for all you guys (and gals) have done to keep us in the loop and up to date with the technology!

Pros

Being able to assign things to students is obviously beneficial. I like that we can reassign something to an individual kid too. I enjoy being able to communicate with them through the site as well. I also appreciate the updates as we requested them to make it run more smoothly overall. The way it links to our Clever accounts is also a great feature that saved us a lot of time in the midst of all the pandemic madness.

Cons

I wish we would have received training on this prior to when we did. We were thrown into it blindly and honestly, it was not easy to follow or understand at first. Having a training feature like new apps have would have been helpful that walks you through where everything is. It also took longer than we hoped for "multi-select" to be an option. It is now which is awesome though! At my school, we created "PLC classes" so that we could collaborate and share documents and assignments we had made with our grade level instead of each person doing that individually. Having a collaboration option would have been helpful.

James B.

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Struggle with Kiddom

It has been a struggle to teach and maintain my classes in Kiddom, but activity making is really nice!

Pros

Activity making is great, though sometimes glitchy

Cons

The interface is a bit of a mess. The students have to transverse a lot of steps to get to assignments and they have to check each individual class to see if they have assignments instead of one timeline for all of their assignment.

Google Classroom

EL
Haylee E.

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Using Kiddom to teach distance learning studnets

Overall, Kiddom has been great to use this past few months moving to distance learning. My students had an easy time figuring out how to use it. I love that they are continuing to update Kiddom, and make it better for us.

Pros

I like that on Kiddom I am able to make my assignments under the curriculum in advance, and then not assign them until the day I need them. I also like that my colleagues are able to share assignments we have made on Kiddom to help with the work load.

Cons

What I do not like about Kiddom is that if you make a chart as an answer choice, you have to make it in the answer in order for students to write their answers in. My students accidently hit the back space all the time and then their whole chart is deleted from the assignment and they do not know what their question is.

Jeff P.

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Great idea for a product, but company still needs time to develop.

Not great. Our school system committed to this product over others due to the price of the software. Students have consistently been able to access the software through many of their devices, however, Kiddom has not provided a consistent platform for work submission from students. This is problematic because teaching is all about feedback to promote learning. If students can't consistently submit their work, there is no way for them to get feedback.

Pros

The main purpose I was able to use Kiddom for was work submission. The assignments in Kiddom are well organized in the software and easy for students to access.

Cons

Kiddom is obviously a beta company. They have a lot of issues to work through before become a viable product. There are issues ranging from image submission to assessment design. For example, Kiddom is still working through their "randomization" code for multiple choice answers. Currently this functionality is offered, but doesn't work.

The idea behind the product is solid and well needed in schools. It will take time, however, for Kiddom to work through all their issues.

Mike W.

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Kiddom works well for me.

Kiddom is help me to teach my students who are distance learning. Without it, my job would be much more difficult.

Pros

Once I learned how to use Kiddom, it because an ease tool to use. I like the way I can organize my lessons and assignments. Also, having the app available for students makes it more accessible to them.

Cons

The one thing that I do not like about Kiddom is the "submit" button. Too many of my students think that by clicking this button, it turns their assignment in to me. Most of the time the assignment they are to turn in is identified within the assignment. I'm afraid for our distance learners, they think all they have to do is click submit and their assignment is completed, when it is not.

Timothy J.

View from a teacher

Pros

The best features are the ability to embed and the online support. Embed options for video and Nearpods are a great tool. The online chat has always been responsive and will email you back every time. The support has been fantastic.

Cons

The worst feature is how you can't control the order of your activity. For example, "Text" is grouped together, "questions" are grouped together, etc. I want to be able to organize the order to my needs. Also, the interface can be difficult to learn and is not visually appealing. It needs to be easier to tell when a student submits assignments. It is especially difficult to know when students turn in late assignments.

Lois B.

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

Review of Kiddom

Kiddom is better than nothing, and it has a lot of potential, but there is a lot of work needed, too. I do hope my system will keep it next year because we have spent so many hours putting material on it and I want the ability to reuse it.

Pros

The appearance of it in the planning section and the ability to grade on the platform.

Cons

The appearance of it on the student side. It doesn't sync with our grade system. I can't rearrange the sequence of classes. It is really difficult going back to grade late work. I can't edit an assignment once and have it affect all classes. Students have a hard time finding assignments. There isn't a drag an drop feature so I can duplicate assignments or reorder them.

Melanie S.

Reviewed on 29/11/2020

Adjustments needed

It’s been frustrating. I think it’s all fixable, but it seems as though it was not geared for elementary use.

Pros

I like the idea of the timeline and features offered.

Cons

Having to click on each student to see their work
Not being able to move things around on timeline, color coding things as completed, having to change points for each question - it should be one point as the default ( make it elementary friendly), need to be able to let kids go back and correct work that’s been submitted, teacher creating questions and answer choices is way too time consuming and it freezes up often then you lose what’s been typed

Kathleen V.

Reviewed on 22/11/2020

Kiddom critique

My school system uses this as one of many choices for teachers to present information to distance learners. It was easy to pick up on and implement. I really have not had time to explore other options. The most crucial feature for me is the test feature. However, It is VERY tedious to input questions. My 50 question mid-term exam took me over an hour and 20 minutes to input. Also, I do not have the option to use my own standards. There is no way for me to use Kiddom to compile data about how many students missed what test question(s). I had to do that by hand, laboriously.

Pros

It was easy to pick up on and use. It is easy to embed videos.

Cons

The test making feature is abysmally slow and tedious.

Chad F.
  • Industry: Performing Arts

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

It gives you the access you need all together

It has taken some time to get use to and it had some technical issues as I began using it. However I do feel they have worked hard to resolve issues and listen to consumers to make it more user friendly and give us what we need.

Pros

That you can upload large files without needing to use another platform to hold it. However you can also link any other resources that are needed on other platforms. It makes kiddom a one stop for learners.

Cons

I want to be able to track students logins and interactions better. I can see if they login but not what they have done or accessed unless they mark it complete.

David B.

Kiddom Review

Pros

I like that there is a message board to communicate with students individually and create posts for them to all see. I like that students can access their work online and download directly from the website.

Cons

The late work sections is difficult to wade through. I think adding a section that brings up individual student's missing/ submitted work would definitely help to allow teachers to see who has completed and not completed work.

Amanda W.

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Kiddom

Overall this has been a learning experience for all of us. I wasn't going to use kiddom in the beginning but once I started using the program I have been enjoying it.

Pros

I like that it is easy to load and is user friendly. I also appreciate the customer service and how they are listening.

Cons

I dislike how students can just hit submit without submitting anything. I would also like to be able to change things once I have pulled over for the day.

Jenny D.

Reviewed on 29/11/2020

A VERY FRUSTRATED TEACHER

The customer service is very prompt but often times the answer is "unfortunately it is not possible to do that with Kiddom".

Pros

Nothing. I have to use a minimum of 40 characters here so I will say there is nothing good about this program!

Cons

It is so tedious to assign lessons to classes. If multiple classes need the same assignment it should be easier to assign to multiple classes. Teachers should be able to rename and reorder classes. It is difficult to make changes once assignment is assigned. It is very difficult to see student comments. There should be a more clear spreadsheet design for submitted assignments. It is difficult for students to submit assignments in the program. There are very few formatting options for teachers in the creation of the assignment. It is not possible for teachers to preview the assignments from the students view point.

Blake S.

Consistency for inconsistent times

It's great!

Pros

Imagine your students having a notebook where new assignments appeared, and where all of their notes, completed work, grades, and feedback were retained safely, ready to be recalled whenever needed. That's Kiddom.

Cons

It's still a little "glitchy," but this is probably to be expected with how often new features are being added.

Lisa P.

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Kiddom for my classroom

It's been a mostly positive experience.

Pros

It is easy to use for me as the teacher and for my students. I can give my students feedback.

Cons

My students press they are complete and the parents see it and think they did something when they didn't complete the actual work.

Melody C.

Reviewed on 24/11/2020

As a Teacher...

Acceptable. I don’t know that there is a perfect LMS out there, but Kiddom is an option. Their great strength is customer service!

Pros

Customer service is readily available.

Cons

Interface changes a little too often (though they are trying to make positive changes!).

Olivia B.

Kiddom

Pros

Chat feature is nice to communicate quickly

Cons

Cannot share between schools. Cannot use chat in app.

Cj A.

Reviewed on 26/03/2021

It Stinks!

Hated it.

Pros

The most acceptable thing is when I can close it.

Cons

It is not logical. It is difficult to use. It is not user friendly. find it a waste of time and money.

Jordan M.

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Helping us through a difficult Fall

Pros

Hi, I am a 4th grade teacher who started using Kiddom this fall in full distance learning. It has been an great decision overall (although I do not really know about how much it costs).
Here are the things that make it strong:
1. It is a good mix of versatile vs easy to use for kids- meaning, I can largely change it for what I want, but it functions pretty easily for student.
2. Grading is really easy- you can input MC and have them graded for you, or put grading notes for other teachers.

Cons

1. My school bought Kiddom to use for its partnership with EL (a Lit curriculum). Although we do use Kiddom successfully for Lit, the EL resources are difficult to navigate. Honestly, this is probably more of a problem with EL than it is with Kiddom.
2. Creating your own activities/lessons is time consuming. It takes a while to input each question individually and does not have a copy/past feature. This would be really helpful as many of the questions that I ask follow a similar format, and I need to input them manually each time.
3. My students largely are all on Chromebooks (and therefore the same type of device), but the interface on their screens occasionally looks different (due to sizing, etc). this has caused some confusion with kids.
4. We tried to write an essay on Kiddom this week and it was a struggle. Navigating between different assignments is not really possible for many of our kids and navigating within an assignment is fairly awkward as the questions can stretch or shrink if you click on them. We are opting to using Googledocs for any larger writing assignments, but still love Kiddom for daily work.

Twyla H.

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Kiddom Could be Great

I have been learning and showing teachers how to use it since May of last year, and although it is becoming a more fluid experience it still has many opportunities for improvement. I still use it for exit slips and some tests, but I prefer Google Forms and Khan Academy for immediate feedback for practice, Desmos for exploration and synchronous lessons and Google Docs for tests allowing students to draw on the tests.

Pros

OUR are available, aligned to stds, and can be edited.
Easy to submit a grade per student per activity.
Feedback allows for audio and images and arrives in email account.
The Done and Late links are helpful in finding work to grade.
The assignments are broken into weeks.

Cons

Students need to be able to draw a number line a shape on the grid, show their work with a tape diagram and plot coordinate pairs. Kiddom does not have these tools everything is text or students write in their notebook and upload images.
Late work is only mentioned as a notification ex. 3 days ago, but should be tagged on the assignment.
Students that join with two different accounts does not show the email used, so a teacher cannot determine which account to delete.
Difficult to use distantly synchronous, since there is not a way to see what the student is working on in a specific moment. Ex Desmos and Nearpod show you the students’ work on a summary page “live”.
Reports are not helpful. If I want only the Unit Test to show me the standards’ aligned with student proficiency, I can’t. It includes the exit slips and other assignments.
Glitches are common for example 1) students go i to the account and the see that 30 assignments are late (I have to tell them don’t worry, it is a glitch) 2) I drag an assignment and it doesn’t drag to the week assignments so I try a couple more times and next thing I know I have assigned the same assignment 10 times.
Many of the library’s resources are not linked correctly.
If I link Khan Academy, the scores are not included in Kiddom. I also have to assign in Khan Academy and find the scores there.
Google Docs cannot be assigned making a copy for each student in Kiddom.
Self grading with auto feedback options would be great.

Nearpod and Google Classroom

Reasons for Switching to Kiddom

I didn’t. I am using them synchronously.
Gerald P.

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Kiddom Classroom Software Review

The software takes time to learn. The interface is not visually appealing.

Pros

Posting assignments is easy. Also, login in to the platform is easy.

Cons

I do not like the visual appearance of the software. I do not like that you cannot customize the class names.
Everything is very separated i.e. grades, assignments, etc. I would like it all to be available on one screen when you click a student's name rather than toggling multiple screens.

CANVAS

Reasons for Switching to Kiddom

We were told that was what the county purchased.
Alison A.

Reviewed on 08/12/2020

High Quality Support from Kiddom Team, Easy Interface for Kids

Pros

Loved how Kiddom allows students to respond in whatever mode is best for them, audio, video, or writing. The product and customer service teams have been responsive to my needs and I have really appreciated their in-time support. Really helpful as a communication tool for giving feedback.

Cons

Did not find that the Library was all that useful, especially as the different programs do not "talk" to each other. I would not use Kiddom as my overall grading system because it was easy to navigate or customizable.