About Dialpad

For quickly growing businesses looking to efficiently scale their support teams, Dialpad provides a cloud-based call center with access to real-time customer insights. Dialpad allows users to onboard quickly and focus on...

Browse Dialpad Reviews

423 of 228,420 reviews
Carly T.

Reviewed on 01/10/2021

Pretty good, not spectacular

Pros

It's easy to use and I can quickly turn on and off my Do Not Disturb status to send people directly to voicemail.

Cons

I wish I could pop out different chats when texting people. When my Dialpad window is too small, emojis are difficult to select. It would be nice to be able to increase the size of the textbox when typing out a long message.

Mai H.

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

State of the ART Phone System!

It provided us with the ability to text and send pictures from any of our users. It is also nice to know that when we experience power outages, we can still use the mobile app to make and receive phone calls.

Pros

I like the call recording features where it records incoming and outgoing alot. It also has the ability for you to be able to see who, what, and when user that communicated with the callers. The communication for the mobile app matches with what is on the desktop and brower app. So if any of our team ever calls in sick, we can still see who spoke to the caller last.

Cons

I do wish there were more permission settings to add a user (employee) in the field and only allow them to make outgoing or incoming phone calls. Also, I think pricing should be less for a user who is out in the field who only needs limited functions.

RingCentral MVP

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

These different programs and systems were limited in there features and functionalities. Very basic.

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

The user interface was easy to use. The pricing was within our budget. The live chat feature for support makes it easy to ask for help.
Dysiree R.

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Dial Pad Versus Other Phone System

My experience was great, basically it does the job we need so I am satisfied with that. But to be more advanced, the system needs more improvement and I hope they could make it more user-friendly​.

Pros

If you are looking for a ​cheaper phone service, that does the job of catering your customer's, this might be the one for you. Way cheaper than Ring Central and The Customer​ Service is Up top, but SOMETIMES not so easy to get in touch with especially​ on weekends. However, I highly recommend​ their service as they are very fair to their users, For instance, when we were still getting used to the system,​ we have 4 phone lines that were reserved and we weren't aware that it was being billed, but the customer service steeped in and refunded the cost of the unused lines RIGHT AWAY, they are easy to negotiate with.

Cons

The Software is basic, but not that very user-friendly compared to ring central. We've been using Ring Central for a few years before we shifted to Dial Pad.
Recordings are not easily located, when you try searching the phone number on the call logs, it will just give you the activity and the only way for you to turn on the recording is to manually​ turn it on while on a phone call, there must be some other ways, but for people who are not so techy and just wanted to use the phone service solely, it would be quiet a challenge figuring how to set this in automatic mode. Dial Pad also Offers Transcription, this means that all Voicemails left on your phone numbers we're automatically transcribed, however,​ it is not accurate but it does the job.
Integrations with dialpad to your customized database​MIGHT be possible​ but at a higher cost and you may need to get a quote with their Sales Department.

Top Dialpad Alternatives

Darien C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Quality VOIP system with learning curve

Overall, Dialpad has been an excellent VOIP solution that has allowed my organizations mobile workforce to continue connecting with our team and volunteers without being shackled to a desk phone. During the COVID-19 lockdowns, this furthermore allowed us to easily transition from working in the office to working from home, without disrupting our overall workflow.

Pros

Dialpad offers a number of comprehensive features that will suit most growing businesses needs, most important of which is the ability to take work calls from a personal cellphone. The product is easy to manage and configure, with good call quality (given you have decent internet) and even a cell-fallback feature provided you don't.

Cons

Dialpad's backend configuration is a little messy, making it difficult for people not heavily invested in learning the platform to configure basic settings (for instance, the call routing setting is hidden in a menu labelled "Business Hours"). For someone who did not help setup the platform and has little experience with managing VOIP offerings, it can be quite daunting figuring out the settings and understanding what many of the terms mean. Dialpad also has a few noticeable bugs; including a complete inability to handle longer MMS messages. It receives pictures and videos just fine, but should someone send you a longer text it starts breaking the texts into smaller chunks, and delivers the different chunks in a random order - making it nearly impossible to read through the original message.

Carlos L.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

Asegura's review

benefit is I can use anywhere

Pros

I like the price, the extras it inludes and the quick chat response

Cons

Setting up the desk phones i a nightmare, and also the fact that each line has to be linked to an email is hard to manage sometimes especially when you have employees that sometimes are in different offices. I would prefer the line be standalone, not linked to an individual per say

RingCentral MVP

Reasons for Choosing Dialpad

Price

Reasons for Switching to Dialpad

I believe price
Don S.

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

The VOIP app that I recommend for any digital or remote business.

I am able to manage my business phone line from my cell phone and laptop without having to purchase any new divices or phone lines.

Pros

Integrates with my GSuite account so login is easy. The app works perfectly with making and receiving texts and calls. The app also transcribes and records calls and voicemails which helps out a lot. Has all the features that you would look for in this kind of app like different departments, voicemail setup, hold music and a desktop app for making calls from you computer. Call quality is top notch as well.

Cons

Hard to think of a con for this one other than maybe the price being just a few dollars higher than it could be. But no real complaint there as the value far exceeds it for most growing businesses.

Erich L.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

Software Killed the Telephone Call

Overall, Dialpad has been a game changer for me. Call quality is great. The software allows me to work remotely in Arizona while the rest of my team is in San Jose, CA. The end user has no idea that I'm in Arizona... it's a seamless experience for them. When the office phone rings in San Jose, my app notifies me here in Arizona. It's great that I can continue to share the work of answering phone calls with my team no matter where we're located.

Pros

Dialpad offers a versatile calling platform with a rich feature set that covers all of a user's most common needs. Do you want to take calls through your computer? Done. Through your smartphone? No problem. Both? Yes, indeed.

Cons

Some team members simply can't or won't let go of the traditional desk phone. My team has had a very difficult time with this. Half the team uses the app with a headset/microphone combo. The other half insisted on using Polycom desk phones. Setting up the desk phones was a pain. After setup, there was still difficulty. Inbound calls always come through on the app, but 1 out of 3 calls don't come through on the desk phones.

Perry N.

Reviewed on 17/12/2020

Greatest virtual phone system

Pros

The ease of use and setting it up. there is a mobile and PC/Mac app and call forwarding to any phone

Cons

It would be great if it came with a small amount of international minutes

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Freedom from hardware!

Our "phone system", i should say, "solution" is orders of magnitude cheaper, easier to support, and easier to expand.

Pros

I like that we kissed, well, without mentioning names, we kissed goodbye to hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of "top of the line" physical equipment and replaced it with a simple "byod" solution... and our organization couldn't be happier with the switch!

Cons

It's been awhile now, and I've forgotten most of it so it couldn't have been too severe, but there were some quirks with how different kinds of lines were priced out. if it's still the same, they could use some extra clarity there.

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Great but not spectacular

Serves the need that I purchased it to solve, but not a lot of delightful moments.

Pros

I like that it syncs contacts with Salesforce and LinkedIn. I like that it links up to my phone. I like the new text transcriber.

Cons

It is not always consistent or reliable about logging outreach efforts back to Salesforce so you have to do dual entry and it's not clear why. It also doesn't log text messages or what was said in the texts. It doesn't tell me who is calling when it rings through my phone. The text transcriber is pretty inaccurate. I don't like that I can't use emojis on the desktop app.

Erik K.

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Great value/features, and always trying to improve

The AI transcript service still leaves a lot to be desired and has a lot of inaccuracies, but if they can get it to work better, it will definitely be a great value add.

Pros

You get a lot for your money. Dialpad also finds ways to improve their product, like adding their AI system for transcripts (though the quality is still a little lacking on that), and is constantly posting updates. I also like how it connects to my laptop and my phone seamlessly.

Cons

It might just be me and my phone, but it seems to create multiple contacts for the same person when I input contacts into my phone via my google account. I type a person's name, and that person shows up 2 or 3 times with the same number, even if I've only saved their contact info once.

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Dialpad

Dialpad is a reliable service that I would recommend.

Pros

This was the third calling software we had used at my company. It did everything a phone system needed to do.

Cons

It seemed pretty basic, but a phone system's needs are also fairly basic. Perhaps more insight into metrics would have been nice.

Joshua R.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 09/12/2020

Great VoIP system!

Great experience. Tried multiple other companies before finding them. Don't waste your time anywhere else

Pros

strong and flexible 3 way calling. I can add people and boot people as i please.

Cons

pro version is only available with 3 or more users

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

One of the best dialers out there

Pros

Stable platform hardly ever crashes and does a great job with connectivity. Audio is usually crystal clear especially when calling other dial pad users

Cons

Sometimes, the Bluetooth headset confuses dialpad and audio stop working. Sometimes the audio cuts out, or it will just continue to dial somebody without it actually going to a dial tone. Usuallya quick application quit does the trick.

Dean S.

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

Dialpad..... my savior from being a slave to the old phone systems

Overall, Dialpad has been such a blessing for my company. It provides me with everything I need in a phone system and more. For the quality of product I receive it feels like it is under-priced due to it's value and professional perception my company receives. I will never go back to the old style phone system again. Thanks Dialpad!

Pros

The freedom it provides and it acts just like a true phone system that would cost me thousands to set up.

Cons

The app is a bit inconsistent, there seems to be a lag in time while in conversation, and I don't like how it shows on other people's caller IDs.

Matt A.

Reviewed on 16/11/2018

Works great in its current state, needs more integrations

The company supports their product, and we've been happy with them for 3 years now.

Pros

Its simple, easy to use, and a good value. I can also add and remove employees in various area codes very easily and its easy to transfer within the company using the softphone.

Cons

Needs to integrate with Zapier so that we can use our phone numbers to automate outbound texts.

Dylan P.

Reviewed on 07/06/2019

The amount of times I hear "Dialpad is so bad" in a week

I hate it more than any other product I have ever used. There are at least another dozen people I work with that feel the same way. How is it possible that the phone was invented in 1876 and in 2019, I have about a 50% chance of my call failing.

Pros

I really don't know if I have anything positive to say about Dialpad. I've used the product for a long time and I'm blown away that my organization still uses this product. Maybe it's inexpensive?

Cons

Ok here's my list:
- The application is always getting confused between your salesforce plugin and desktop application
- The Salesforce app is unreliable
- The desktop app is unreliable
- When I hit dial there is like a 30% chance I won't get audio in my headset even though the call is clearly happening
- If I unplug my computer from my headset and plug it back in without closing the reopening the application it will likely not work
- If you want to frustrate your sales org.... buy Dialpad
- people call me and it's hard to even tell that you got a missed call or a VM
- The contact info doesn't show-up even if the contact is listed in SalesForce

William T.

Reviewed on 16/12/2017

Great digital telephone solutions for small or large teams

Pros

Great desktop and mobile applications to answer calls from anyway. Their recent offering of Uberconference for free with plans has also made video conferencing a breeze. We've gotten multiple clients using enterprise-level conferencing software always let us setup the meetings once they've tried our Uberconference system.

Cons

It'd be nice if you could change account settings directly through the desktop application without having to visit the Dialpad website to perform such actions.

Jon S.

Great software

Pros

Ease of use is great. Ability to transfer calls between platforms is really nice. Integrating text and voice into one app is great.

Cons

Its little expensive. If you have a team, the cost really adds up. It could use more features on call routing and auto attendant. It has them but it feels pretty basic without many features. For a single user, this solution is great but for a mid size team, I think it would get a little questionable and not sure it has all the features needed.

Kj P.

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Great platform for stable and innovative VOIP

Exceptional product that's progressed quite a bit since I first became a customer.

Pros

Simple to set up, great pricing structure, yet powerful and stable solution that is more reliable than the competition.

Cons

Customer service can be a challenge. Had a billing issue and they blamed me and refused to refund money when they were double billing me.

Sarah S.

Reviewed on 27/01/2021

Reliable

We have found this to be a reliable phone service alternative to Vonage that we previously used. The price is right, the functionality is good, and we are pleased with the service.

Pros

Our team finds the chat function especially useful, as well as the ability to add callers to each existing call quickly and easily. Also the transcribe feature is very helpful.

Cons

Sometimes there is a lag that causes a delay in my words to be heard on the other end so conversations can be difficult, but it doesn't happen all the time.

Angie P.

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

Dialpad

Going to Dailpad we have decreased or long distance cost and were able to add mult users to call centers to have phone coverage at a push of a button. So easy to use.

Pros

We like that you can have it on the go with the mobile app. Easy to use and setup is a breeze.

Cons

Its software so connection can be sometimes spotty depending on your connection.

• Industry: Wireless

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

VOIP that has really helped me to make and receive calls professionally

Pros

The app is easy to use and it allows me to make and receive calls/sms without using my personal number. The desktop and web app are helpful in allowing me to send messages when my phone is tied up.

Cons

Only thing I can think of is that I wish it integrated with my CRM or Zapier

Adam N.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

Way more features than the traditional phone system.

Better communication, ease of access, and way smarter than a traditional desk phone.

Pros

The features are amazing. We saved money by going this route rather than the traditional phone system offered by our local phone company. It keeps things super organized in your conversations with other team members and with all of your contacts in general. We can't say enough about this product and are so happy that we went with Dialpad.

Cons

It's an internet phone, so if internet is down, the phones are down. However, we knew that this would be the case when we signed up for it. It's features definitely outweigh the cons.

Andrew S.

Dial pad phones

Has been pretty good for most part, some issue here and there but over all still better than a normal phone system and less headaches

Pros

It's easy to use, easy to integrate, as well as easy to train and set up accounts as well. Taking calls on computer band phone is Handy and nice

Cons

Can be buggy or call quality can be spotty at times, need to have good network for it run smoothly, customer service can be slow to get back to you