About Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses

Veryfi is an expense report solution designed to help businesses streamline processes related to receipt collection, bank reconciliation, job costing, document management and more. It provides mobile applications for Android and...

Browse Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses Reviews

Aidan K.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 15/09/2019

Fantastic software, desire personal version

Overall a fantastic experience. I hope that they will include a personal finance option. I know that they will continue to improve the OCR with each update to the mobile software.

Pros

I love this software, it is fantastic with keeping up with receipts, the software pulls most if not all of the information off the receipt automatically, which is a great feature. The overall OCR function works great, and it works great for tracking certain transaction categories to keep an eye on spending. It’s been great to use for reimbursement itemization while I was interviewing.

Cons

Their OCR could be slightly improved as I’ve had issues with the camera recognizing the receipt for more than a second, cycling through shapes and having issues with taking a photo and having it select a shape other than the one in the last cycle.
I also wish that they had a personal finance option as I would love to manage my own finances without some of the selections or details of a company.

Response from Veryfi

Hi Aidan, Thank you for the great review and awesome feedback!

Since you posted this we have dramatically improved the OCR. Hope you noticed it with every scan of a receipt.

Regarding a personal option - you can add up to 3 profiles (accounts) per subscription. So your 2nd one can be personal and then used in a different way than your business account.

Recently we also launched a bunch of new videos on Veryfi features and how to turn things on and off. Hope this helps => https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkA-lFc8JUY5WXYFxFrHTvzFybcCR918r

Alberto D.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 17/08/2021

The absolute most essential and easy to use receipt management app

My overall experience is exceptionally positive.

Pros

The thing I like most is the ease of use.

Cons

I do feel as with all apps, there’s room for improvement. Currently I feel like the refresh rate on the receipts page could be improved. As is the split function as well.

Response from Veryfi

Alberto, Thank you for your nice feedback and support!

Re split function, this is currently getting revamped (rebuilt). Stay tuned :-)

Ernest

Mike S.

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

Worth it's weight in Platinum!

The ability to ITEMIZE invoice and receipt items per line making every single receipt able to be used for a write off as long as there is just one item on the whole thing.

Pros

Easy to use, very automated. Integrates with almost everything. Only took me 10 minutes to actually set up, but the more I detail the better it gets.

Cons

So far, haven't ran into any cons yet. I am fairly new to it, and for the price I don't plan on complaining!!

OfficeTools and Bill.com

Reasons for Switching to Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses

cost and free version to learn it.

Response from Veryfi

Love the feedback! Thank you for a wonderful review, Mike!

Top Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses Alternatives

Brittany V.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 06/10/2018

Veryfi is THE best & easiest app for expense tracking.

Overall, my experience with Veryfi is amazing. I recommend it to all the small business owners that I know, as well as regular everyday people who are keeping track of their expenses.

Pros

I love that this program is easy to use on both its PC and app version. I also love the monthly statements it gives, and that it syncs with your bank.

Cons

I only wish I could add multiple rules per "rule" for each vendor, etc.

Response from Veryfi

Brittany, thank you for the review and ratings! Love em. Re "add multiple rules per "rule" for each vendor, etc." -- I'd love to hear more about this. Can you please email [email protected] ATT to Ernest? I will make sure it happens :-) Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Replied 24/10/2018
Alison W.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

Essential to me - makes my life so much easier

Pros

I hate organising minor expenses but it so necessary for my accounts, vat return and tax return. Verify has made this so much easier and quicker. All organised, take a photo on my phone, check and adjust if necessary before uploading and then double check just before I run my reports. All done.

you can have three accounts for one paid subscriptions so organise different businesses

Cons

Four accounts for one paid subscription would suit me more but I can manage and overall find this good value for money.

Response from Veryfi

Alison, Thank you kindly for the lovely feedback!

I'm curious to hear why you want a 4th account? We have an ability for you to add more accounts under your subscription for an additional $1 :-) Let me know if you'd like it.

Replied 27/02/2020
Michael B.

Reviewed on 06/07/2019

Super easy and....

So far so excellent. One minor tweak as mentioned above is my only ask.

Pros

Great app, very quick in getting all the data scanned and loaded. Able to tag customers, get reports and organize by category. Really easy to use and great value.

Cons

Adding jobs/customers is a bit of a tad as oppose to having the option to select while uploading.

Response from Veryfi

Michael, thank you for your lovely feedback and ratings.

Veryfi mobile app now has the ability to add jobs/customers during scan/upload (Veryfi Lens). Just enable it inside the settings of Veryfi Lens.

Instructions how to access Veryfi Lens settings => https://faq.veryfi.com/en/articles/3082242-veryfi-lens-explained

Bill W.

Reviewed on 09/11/2017

Just in testing phase now but it appears to be just what we need to better manage our expenses

Allows us to electronically collect, categorize and store receipts in ways that are easily reportable and verifiable. Has gone a long way to improve our data on job costs.

Pros

The owners have been great to respond personally to issues and provide support.
Just testing but it seems like the perfect solutions for a small distributed business like us to collect and categorize expenses.
Intuitive easy to use interface.

Cons

Some functionality could be improved and would like to see some controls in place that aren't currently there but in discussion with management team have plans to implement much of my wish list in the near future. It's a new app and they continue to develop but have been very impressed by there responsiveness and desire to improve.

Response from iqBoxy

Thank you for the lovely feedback Bill. It's a pleasure to be of service to you and your firm. Best, Ernest (founder)

Replied 13/11/2017
Lacey P.

Reviewed on 28/03/2018

The customer service is excellent! If you have any confusion, there is always help available!

Pros

It has all the features that I require and it looks very professional. Again, the customer service is amazing!

Cons

I found the learning curve was a little much, but any confusion was due to my own negligence. If you put the time in, the results will be there.

Dima N.

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Great app to manage my expenses!

Pros

Their OCR tech to recognize and categorize receipts just works! The app is very easy to use and does its job perfectly. On top of that, they have a great integration with various software such as Dropbox, Quickbooks and so on.

Cons

Nothing really that would keep me from using it! Very minor bugs here and there but they keep fixing them and they're constantly improving the app. I can't complain. This is a great app all around.

Robert D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

We're Enjoying VeryFi

Overall I'd highly recommend using VeryFi. We're enjoying it so far.

Pros

We use VeryFi to scan foreign currency receipts because it then converts them to USD before uploading them with Quickbooks

Cons

The software does appear to be a bit "Beta" in terms of the back-end.

Response from Veryfi

Hi Robert, Thank you for your feedback and lovely ratings!

Can you please email me with more detail about the Con. Would love to know what you mean by Beta. We are constantly making updates and improvements so maybe this ongoing activity is sending the wrong message?

Ernest

Replied 27/02/2020
Jeff H.

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Great time saving app

I'm only using it for receipts, but so far it makes keeping and tracking expenses almost fun.

Pros

I like how Veryfi takes the hassle out of managing receipts. Whereas previously I scanned receipts in one step and entered them into Quickbooks as a separate step, I now do it all in one simple step using Veryfi.

Cons

I've only been using Veryfi for a few weeks, but so far I don't have any negatives.

Response from Veryfi

Hi Jeff, Thank you for your feedback and rating! We are constantly looking at ways to streamline the process. Glad to see the Quickbooks integration is going great for you. If you have feedback on what we could do better then please don't hesitate to reach out to us on [email protected]
~ Ernest (cofounder)

Michael james M.

Reviewed on 21/05/2021

Veryfi OCR is very powerful

10/10 will purchase and recommend veryfi OCR

Pros

I like how I can get each line items in json format. I also like how the OCR AI reads up different parts of the invoice

Cons

New line causes text to return as something different

Response from Veryfi

Michael, thank you so much for the nice review and rating!

Re the new line, shoot an email to [email protected] so we can investigate this behavior. The system is constantly re-trained so I expect this to go away soon if not already :-)

Best, Ernest

Kevin T.
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 31/08/2018

This App Makes it EASY

Pros

Once I realized I could also use this company for mileage as well through their Logbook app it was a done deal! The receipt scanning is pretty smart and uploads the picture to quickbooks for me. I love how I can email a receipt and have everything else taken care of. Good option especially for small businesses like myself.

Cons

There's an initial learning curve especially on the desktop part, but it just takes a few minutes to get familiar.

Response from Veryfi

Let me know how we can win extra 2 stars to your Veryfi experience.

Replied 11/09/2018
Dorothy M.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Convenient & Easy

Pros

Very simple to use and implement into our system.

Cons

Nothing really that made it difficult to use this software.

Response from Veryfi

Thank you Dorothy for your support and great feedback! Much appreciated.

Replied 18/05/2020
Alexandre M.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Great

Pros

Easy way to save expenses, specially scanning them and creating reports

Cons

I liked everything about it, it's à great app.

Response from Veryfi

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :-) Love the feedback and positive ratings. You will love the Trusted Advisor Circle launching in 2019.

Replied 04/12/2018
Leonardo S.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 24/08/2020

Great app for control receipts

Exceptional app for control receipts and expenses.

Pros

Fast recognition, and accuracy. You can also edit the categories if you want.

Cons

None so far. Easy to use. I didn't have opportunity to check more thoroughly though.

Response from Veryfi

Thank you Leonardo for your feedback and support! ~ Rusty

Replied 05/11/2020

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

Veryfi Review

Overall, Veryfi has been a great experience. I enjoy an AI driven software. I just wish the AI read the receipts/invoices more consistently.

Pros

This app is great in integrating other software so that it can accomplish the goal in a much smoother process. It makes it very convenient to have a hub for reimbursements.

Cons

I wish it would push data to Rippling to fill in reimbursements for employees. I am still exploring many of the customizations/rules, but I haven't been able to find a way to truly automate some of the processes that I expected.

Response from Veryfi

Thank you for your review and feedback.

Regarding Rippling, please reach out to [email protected] and ATT to Ernest and we will help make this work for you. There's also this article https://www.veryfi.com/connected-apps/rippling-payroll-newhires-checklist/ which sheds more light on our Rippling integration.

Replied 28/01/2019
Crystal C.

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

I have my own company and this is a great app.

Able to send to my CPA for QuickBooks easily.

Pros

I can keep up with my receipts as well as my teams receipts. I have a team of multiple positions and this can be categorized per person and then sorted. I also love that this works with QuickBooks. How awesome it is to give a report to my CPA from my phone.

Cons

The software is the best that I have found so I will pay the amount even though I like it to be less expensive.

Jason C.

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

I love the Veryfi solution!

Overall I am very pleased with Veryfi, the software keeps improving all the time

Pros

I love that it is 100% machine learning AI, so no human interaction (except mine or my clients) so its great from a data protection perspective.
If you have lots of bills/receipts to process and cant wait for hours whilst other solutions to process them, then use Veryfi.
It also has integrated Mileage tracking.
Pricing is far better than any other solution.
The support team are on hand to help resolve any issues and very responsive.

Cons

Requires intervention to check the entries for accuracy but then so do other solutions!

Response from Veryfi

Jason, Thank you so much for your lovely feedback! It means a lot to me (as the cofounder of Veryfi) and to our stellar team in silicon valley. All the best, Ernest

Replied 09/05/2019
Grayson T.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

I think this app is good and bordering on great.

Comprehensive review of purchases in a single location.

Pros

Easy method to track invoices. Provides a single location to review all purchases and you can use it remotely. Very good interpretation of invoices.

Cons

Still needs work on accuracy of reading even typed invoices. Cost is greater than most other apps with not exactly similar functionality.

Mat W.

Reviewed on 21/02/2018

This App saves me approx 3 hours per month, Thats time I could be billing to someone!

Pros

A really easy user interface that makes sense. The log book for mileage is excellent and integration to Xero fantastic

Cons

I can't get my bank account working with it yet.... but its coming. everything else I have used works really well.

Response from Veryfi, Inc.

Thank you for the support & awesome feedback Mat! I'll be in touch via email re the bank account connection. Stay tuned :-)

Replied 05/03/2018
Michael K.

Reviewed on 14/02/2018

awesome customer service

the look of the app is very simple but thats all you need. the app gets the job done. with further updates it will only get better.

Pros

the app loads quickly and is easy to use. it helps when you are on the move and you don't have time wait around.

Response from Veryfi, Inc.

Nice nice! Thank you Michael for the feedback & support! ~ Ernest (founder)

Replied 16/02/2018
Maria F.

Reviewed on 12/04/2018

very easy to use and catogorize

speed of processing info and the remote accessibility

Pros

instant process, can categorize, can integrate with quickbooks, easy to use, and great price compared to other similar apps

Cons

i would have loved to be able to import more complex documents, like pgs miles, or complex statements

Nadia V.

Reviewed on 29/03/2018

It works great!

Saves my time

Pros

I'm a photographer and I have to travel for my work quite a lot. Previously I was just photographing all my receipts and then manually entering them in Quickbooks. A friend of mine showed me Veryfi and I really liked the idea. I use it for 3 months now and really like how smoothly the app works and how I don't have to go through the pile of receipts at the end of the month.

Cons

I would appreciate if there would be a faster way to launch the app's camera directly. Kind of like when I press just one button to launch a phone camera, I would want to do the same to scan my receipts.

Chris H.

Reviewed on 22/07/2021

A Must-Have for Small Business Owners

Veryfi has helped me to keep my books up-to-date in real-time. I now feel like I am on top of my bookkeeping, instead of procrastinating each month and playing catch-up.

Pros

The OCR feature for capturing and organizing receipts is incredibly accurate. I love that it saves me so much time over manually entering all my expenses!

Cons

At $15 per month, it was almost more than I was willing to pay as a small business owner. However, I think it makes up for the price in the amount of time it saves me.

Expensify and Fyle

Reasons for Choosing Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses

Expensify was slightly more expensive, and it could not sync with Quickbooks Desktop software.

Expensify

Reasons for Switching to Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses

The functionality and third-party syncing features seem superior in Veryfi.

Response from Veryfi

Chris, Thank you for the nice detailed feedback and support.