Adobe Learning Manager Reviews

About Adobe Learning Manager

Adobe Learning Manager an award-winning cloud-based learning management system (LMS) that addresses personalized learning experiences at scale for customers, partners and employees alike. Learning Manager is a headless learning...

4.1

Browse Adobe Learning Manager Reviews

Seth
Seth
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 12/01/2022

The complete package

As a instructional designer for going on 15 years, I've seen e-learning products come and go. Captivate has been a staple on my computer since the start. I use it daily.

Pros

The prebuilt learning templates are easy to use and dynamic. The video conferencing is, as always, easy to yet and extremely reliable. I also really like the PPT integration feature. For my less tech-savy faculty members, this has proven be a very teaching asset.

Cons

The new virtual reality feature isn't quite there in my opinion. I fully believe is the future of online learning and Captivate is going to be one of the leaders in the field. But many users actual hardware isn't quite ready to keep up with this feature.

Articulate 360
Mihaela
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 18/09/2019

Trial run of captivate prime

I am using Adobe Connect. I feel Adobe Connect does not offer me the tools for everything I need. I am looking for an alternative that I can use for my online classes.

Pros

Very easy to use and user friendly for both me and the students. I liked that I could use this product to post notes, video lectures and everything that I need into just one place

Cons

The only thing I did not like is the cost that is rather high

Adobe Connect

Adobe Connect

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Learning Manager

I wanted to choose Adobe Captivate Prime but my university does not subscribe to this product
Hannah
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 02/03/2019

Captivate - the reason we don't have a training department anymore. Endlessly buggy w/ rude...

We no longer have a training division, because of Adobe Captivate & Adobe Captivate Prime. If you don't have an enterprise license, their support team has no interest in helping you. It takes a huge amount of evidence to convince the support team that your bug or complaint is valid, they insist on blaming you or the user. Everytime one bug was solved, another one appeared.

When we realized that Captivate was more embarrassing than helpful, we had to close our training division. We didn't have the financial or time resources to re-build all of our training module on a new platform. While we used Captivate, it caused so many of our students to be angry at us. We had to give many refunds. Most importantly, it damaged our reputation.

Pros

The most basic level functionality is pretty simple to understand.

Cons

We built our entire curriculum on Adobe Captivate (100s of files). When we used Moodle as our LMS, we often had problems. For example, the user needing to enable pop-ups and unsafe scripts, the files freezing, and a student watching the entire lesson and then not having it register as completed.

We assumed that Moodle was the problem. So, we moved our courses to Adobe Captivate Prime (which required considerable time and effort).

To our dismay, the problems did not improve. If anything, they got worse.

There are many things I could talk about, but the worst was the support. They were so unwilling to admit fault. A specific example of this is when they had a bug with the radio buttons in Captivate quizzes. The first several times I tried to contact support about the problem, they blamed the problem on the users. Only after I'd sent them several user complaints, screenshots, and videos did they start to listen. Even then, it took me being very assertive to get them to admit that the problem was on their end (& would take months to fix).

Other issues: I couldn't manually mark buggy lessons as complete for students. Students had to enable "unsafe scripts." Many problems were unrepeatable - a students would send me a screenshot of a problem. I'd wouldn't be able to re-create. They they'd try again later and it would work.

Because all of our lessons were built in Captivate & even Adobe's solution couldn't play them, we closed our training department.

Top Adobe Learning Manager Alternatives

myUnity Senior Living

Blackboard Collaborate

William
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 20/04/2020

Good trial but expensive

Excellent LMS

Pros

Pretty well organized , attractive , easy to use , a lot of tools , many connections

Cons

Very expensive , we can’t afford it , I am a teacher trying to offer to my university an lms , but I know they would pay all that money

Richard
Richard
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

Improving

We offer outside contractor and visitor training to our clients. This platform has served us well.

Pros

I understand the difficulty in creating a single LMS that will satisfy everyone. We all have very different needs. There is steady, albeit slow, improvement in functionality and features. The options to have different domains and the ability to share content between domains is a nice feature. Much easier to navigate and set up than other LMSs I have used. Customer support has been very responsive.

Cons

The requirement for an email address to log in. I serve a clientele that is not tech savvy and many do not have an email address(I know hard to believe in 2019, but true). You can use a fake email but then the ability to recover your password does not exist. The lack of password control by administrators can be problematic. My usage is external. Many people logging in from all over the country. If they have a password issue I can not help them. The placement of a cookie on your system every time you log in. If the learner does not use the "Sign Out" option and just closes the browser it makes it impossible for another to log in until that cookie is cleared. This is an issue with clients who use the same computer for many users.

Carlos
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 14/05/2020

Captivate Review

I gave an opportunity to tired and experience with the product for 2nd time, but an e-learning that will take me, with iSpring /Power point to create within less than one day, it took me almost a week and still working on it on the 2nd week.

This type of software at this modern age, must be much simpler to execute steps within the navigation and platform with all the technology available at this moment

Pros

The product has great features, but to much time consuming. Old fashion settings , using variables with something that should be automatized and much simpler.

Cons

Integration and actual navigation system.

iSpring Suite

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Learning Manager

prior experience, great navigation system, and clean e-learning.

iSpring Suite

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Learning Manager

price point, monthly membership.
Nitin
Nitin

Reviewed on 29/05/2022

Easy to use LMS platform for startup and medium organisation to manage employee courses

Overall, captivate is a brilliant tool that helped me learn so many courses with fun. I don't have to go somewhere else, I have found all my courses in one place. I would like to suggest some improvements in test attempts failures and due to application crashes. It's really easy tool with good UI for beginners or startups.

Pros

I have been introduced to this platform from my recent organization to learn new verticals. I loved their vast collection of courses and assessment mechanisms. Furthermore, I need to pass the test to show my understanding of the course. Until I get passed in that exam, I cannot attempt for other part of course.

Also, I liked the way the dashboard is arranged so that you can see a graphical view of your learning progress. I can also see leaderboard where other employees taking same courses.

Cons

Most of the time captivate crashes in between taking video courses, this frustrates me. I have even observed that if you're attempting a test and toll crashes then it consider as failed attempt.

I would like to have more than 3 attempts to pass an exam, or there should be some provisions regarding this.

Jarrick
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

Adobe learning manager

Pros

It is easy to follow the simple steps on how to use the program with no problems.

Cons

It takes a while to load the pages but after the pause it's straightforward to business

Bracia
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 01/12/2023

Adobe Self Help

Pros

What I enjoy most is the easy and convenient of this softawate. It helps my team organize important documents and reports

Cons

What I like least is the number of organizing options.

Arreybesong
  • Industry: Animation

Reviewed on 03/02/2024

Adobe review

Pros

For the adobe they makes in the high picture design

Cons

They is nothing wrong that I can say about the adobe

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

IN Seach of tommorrows learning and development software - The Future Self Learning Workforce

The overall experience was really good. I tried to see whether a project program could be written to onboard the technology within a company or clients organisation Mainly step by step guidance and some ideas on adoption to ensure the program will be integrated within an organisation. Especially the current new employees joining companies who are used to contributions on digital platforms. Becomming subject matter experts in fields of their profession. I received a small content edittor which was easy to use and could create rapid content. It was easy to use. If the employee workforce will have the tools available to create content easily and have a system available it could support many areas of business. From product development and all the training content it might require. I hope this trend will coninue and see a system LMS as key within organisations investing in Onboarding , Allow Emplyees be well informed. But also more formal as in complaince and mandatory training requiremnts. Espessially now the governemnt has strickly created legislation for ocmpanies to provide learning and development to ensure future growth and organisations need to invest in development of their employees. No by default get expertiese outside your company first train or ensure you r current employees are enabled with LMS. Dimissial without a training or proven development program will not be tollerated by govenrment.

Pros

There are a lot of functionality I came across which supprised or liked during my short journey in Trial. From the challenges, Badges and points scorings to the social learning and the numerous integrations with content providers to have an uptodate curriculum. Also the features to create content for company employees to allow for a companies Mission Vision and core values being regularly distributed and compliance or code of conduct during onboaridng of new employees seemed easy to use and administer.

Cons

I had a excel file with dummy users - fake employees which I tried to upload. This was not such a success and the infomation available during this process was limited. e.g. error messages where limited and the descriptions on how to create and upload where not that extensive. Overal not a big issue but tricky to get right. For prodution I read there is various integrations options so this was one time.

CHRISTY

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

Good LMS choice

We are very happy with our decision on using Adobe Captivate Prime as our LMS. It has suited our needs and it continues to have enhancements made to it. I have enjoyed working with the Adobe team, and they have been very helpful in multiple occasions. We have received very positive feedback from our learners on the easy of use of this product.

Pros

Adobe Captivate Prime is very easy to use. Our learners had no problem fully getting up to speed with how to use it. We enjoy the leaderboard as a way of being competitive with others. As an Admin, I feel like it is pretty straight forward with regards to adding courses, learning plans, and content. The reports feature is very good and continues to get enhancements made to it. All our courses work fine in the fluidic player with no issues. I like the dashboard and My Learning as a way for learners to view the status of their learning.

Cons

I have noticed a few bugs in the software that were reported. Some issues have been fixed and some are still outstanding. I would also prefer to have more control on when my self-paced courses expire. Currently there is a default expiration of six months for courses we want to keep available for longer. Since we have over 400 courses in the LMS, it will be a long process of re-publishing all the courses when they expire. The technical support availability could be a little better. I seem to mostly receive my communication from them in the afternoons (CST). Sometimes it would be nice to get a quicker response when there is an urgent issue.

Kelsie
Kelsie

Reviewed on 08/02/2022

Excellent LMS

Overall, Captivate Prime helped us get huge amounts of people trained and certified, and it's a great LMS.

Pros

This LMS is really well-suited to big companies who need to train. We use it for thousands of employees, and it works great. The ability to make Learning Paths, design courses, and pull reporting is so much better than Adobe Connect.

Cons

There were occasionally errors in the reporting, for which we had to open a support ticket with Adobe. Also, the logging in processes is a bit complex and often throws an error for our employees who share a computer.

Ryan
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Great LMS for a Fair Price

Pros

Captivate Prime is a great learning management system that offers all of the necessary features to help businesses excel in their e-learning programs. It also allows you to pay per user without an unreasonably high "minimum user" requirement.

Cons

The inability to create quiz content within Prime itself is the only feature that I think it is really lacking. Quiz content must instead be authored in other E-learning creation programs first, which can then be hosted on Captivate Prime.

• Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 17/08/2018

Perspective of a light user

It gives me what I need to make video recordings of trainings and demos at a much higher quality than a recorded webinar. Once you figure out the quirks, it's easy to replicate the steps from project to project.

Pros

We use the Captivate suite for elearning development. My use is primarily limited to creating training video recordings to achieve higher quality than simply recording a web conference/webinar. From that perspective, I like the ability to create video demos and edit them to remove my hesitations and other hiccups. With a simple USB microphone, the audio quality is very good, and the ability to do basic editing meets my needs. I like being able to easily create multiple mini videos and combine them into a larger project.

Cons

There are a lot of options - it can be a bit much if you are muddling through on your own. There are a lot of external learning resources available, however. I also wish that it was a little more straightforward to edit individual video files after you've brought them into a project. I find that the graphic capabilities (creating title slides, for example) is a little clunky, so I usually just end up designing those in power point and exporting them as jpeg images for the Captivate project.

ZAiN
ZAiN

Reviewed on 19/02/2023

Established Brand, Polished Product.

Training at employees convenience, offline, online on any device.

Pros

Learning content is easily accessible, online, offline device independent.Easy integration into current CMS & LMS systemsWorks well in the Adobe ecosystem.

Cons

Can be a bit costly, however you get a quality product with an established ecosystem

Don
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 29/05/2019

THE WORST ADOBE APP KNOWN TO MAN KIND (Captivate 2019)

The worst program i have used in 32 years of full time graphic design.

Pros

Firstly, Ive been a full time graphic and digital designer for 32 years. I have used Adobe products from their inception. I love Photoshop, In-Design, Premiere Pro, Illustrator and use them all daily.

CAPTIVATE
Absolutely nothing - Adobe should be embarrassed to have your name on the splash screen!!!

I did a 2 day course about 2 weeks ago and even the instructor reported its 'bugginess"

Cons

Really - where do I start.

What's the point, you haven't replied to my actual bug reports so I won't bother here.

I've been working full time on a 215 slide presentations and Captivate crashes, it's slow to respond to inputs and your "responsive" Fluid boxes display completely inconsistent result.

Honestly it's shit and unfortunately, I have to live with it daily.

Fix it!!

We pay good money from you to have it, so make it work.

Maxwell
Maxwell
  • Industry: Libraries

Reviewed on 25/08/2018

Adobe Captivate Prime LMS review

It is a modern LMS with great features, reduces set up/course upload and deployment time and takes off much of the burden of tracking and user engagement from the content owner.

Pros

The market for LMSs is consistently on the increase, with evolving needs based on the end user and other factors in between. Most platforms have evolved but this is especially true with the UX experience for Adobe Captivate Prime. I find that captivate prime has most of the current market standard features plus more. From features such as setting learning paths for students to others such as reporting, gamification and user tracking etc.
I found the set up easy enough, even as a new admin user and was able to load content within a few minutes. I was especially impressed with the simple interface that reduced the platform learning curve for me and the course set up/deployment time.
I think the option to break down a course content upload to three sections (core modules, prework modules, and testout) is a great feature. Although a little more work, this would improve tracking and provide more detailed usage data/student interaction with the modules.
I also liked that it has gamification elements available for use for individual or group learning.
On the pricing module, I like the flexibility to add and remove users on a monthly basis, which is ideal for selling subscription-based courses.

Cons

I would like to see a pricing module targeted at educational institutions as there currently doesn’t seem to be one. It is unfortunate that it seems only targeted at corporate institutions at this point.

Dan
Dan

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Poor support, sales pitches, beware...

Horrible experience, I don't recommend for any business. We got sold on sales pitches then uncovered surprise after surprise of things that weren't properly explained to us. Some things we were flat out lied to about, like the it having quiz functionality. The Clarix and Adobe reps are awful with their support and knowledge of the systems, took us 6 calls to find out the SSO won't work on Google, the Adobe rep was 30 minutes late to a call. Such a waste of time and money and I'm amazed how they've been able to sell a platform with so many missing key functions and lack of expertise. We are getting out of our contract before we even launched it. Save yourself and avoid this headache, don't let them fool you as they did us.

Pros

It looked pretty, it sounded great, and appeared to have all the tools we needed. It has a decent UI for learners.

Cons

No ability to create standalone quizzes or questions you must buy licenses to their auth tool, worst customer support I've ever dealt with, poor management of course visibility, cannot create 'versions' you must add new LO and deactivate old LO, cannot utilize their webinar function completely without buying licenses to Adobe Connect, no drive to learn our business and help us strategize the LMS to our business, SSO cannot be setup with Google, users cannot have more than 1 custom role.

Nadeemur
Nadeemur
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

Very easy to use and navigate in Adobe Captivate Prime

Its simplicity is amazing. I like that new comers can easily navigate in it. Adobe products have very good interface including this software. The awesome thing that I like is that you can customize courses as it suits you. You can gather analytics, it is very helpful. There are amazing tutorials which are very helpful to learn.

Pros

Adobe Captivate Prime is simple software. It is very easy to use and the best thing that I like is that learners can easily navigate and see the learning calendar which helps in scheduling course while training. The analytics in Adobe Captivate Prime is helpful. You can customize courses according to as per your own wish.

Cons

Installation process was quite difficult for me. It must be made easy. Other problem is the pricing of this software. I don’t like the pricing. According to me it is very expensive. The mobile application is not customized properly. I think that it needs a lot of improvement. Apart from these issues I find this software very good.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 01/03/2019

Not as relevant in higher ed...

The biggest problem is we are not a business- as an institution of higher education we needed the product to function like an LMS and provide granular details about student performance, which we were not able to achieve. It was very confusing to have so many different versions of content that we were not able to delete out.

Pros

- easy to add SSO
- Clean interface
- Customization of announcements or news items for particular cohorts
- Ability to use badging

Cons

- Content can never be deleted
- Limited granular data
- Limited to no ability to create content within the system
- Limited ability to customize any kind of restricted release system

Emily
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Outdated

Was using it for a class and local business for creating teaching modules. Not only was the program a pain to use but it was not as efficient as I would have liked and have come to expect from Adobe products. If they would put more effort into keeping it updated and more like the programs offered in Creative Cloud it could be an exceptional product. However it is not at all.

Pros

Easy to create own template and customize the overall look of modules.

Cons

Outdated widgets, broken links, overall unsatisfied with the entire program. Over priced and does not let you cancel at any time without charging you a ridiculous fee. I could go on and on about how things did not work but this is a waste of my time because the program is the worst Adobe program I have ever used.

Mory
Mory

Reviewed on 02/03/2023

Learn easily online

In general, it is a very good working tool

Pros

Very easy to use especially on my Android phones

Cons

No, no problems to report with the use of the software

Ayoub

Reviewed on 07/07/2023

The best

Pros

My work is easier with adobe managment learning

Cons

Bugs must be fixed and aupport must be fastwr

Tim
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 18/01/2019

Captivate 2019

Creating CE courses and new training videos with extra flare is a breeze with captivate.

Pros

The new features, bookmarking and overlays, are game changers. The overlay feature allows the use of a current video, without editing the video, to make quick and easy CE content.

Cons

Still a little sluggish and slow especially making size changes to forms.