About Adobe Learning Manager

Adobe Learning Manager an award-winning cloud-based learning management system (LMS) that addresses personalized learning experiences at scale for customers, partners and employees alike. Learning Manager is a headless learning...

3.8

Seth
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 12/01/2022

The complete package

As a instructional designer for going on 15 years, I've seen e-learning products come and go. Captivate has been a staple on my computer since the start. I use it daily.

Pros

The prebuilt learning templates are easy to use and dynamic. The video conferencing is, as always, easy to yet and extremely reliable. I also really like the PPT integration feature. For my less tech-savy faculty members, this has proven be a very teaching asset.

Cons

The new virtual reality feature isn't quite there in my opinion. I fully believe is the future of online learning and Captivate is going to be one of the leaders in the field. But many users actual hardware isn't quite ready to keep up with this feature.

Articulate 360
Carolyne
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 27/04/2020

TQR - Review

Overall I think it's a good program, there are a few things that are missing but overall we are satisfied with the quality and usability.

Pros

It's easy to use. You're able to upload a wide range of documents to make it custom for learning.

Cons

There are some features that are missing that would benefit us... for example, setting a time limit on a course or building a quiz in the program rather than having to out source it. Ultimately, the more things you can host yourselves would be best in terms of ease of use as well as the ability to protect costs.

Kajabi

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Learning Manager

It was difficult and confusing to use, the language of the program was different. Overall it lacked user friendly-ness.

Kajabi

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Learning Manager

Much cheaper and easier to use.
Herb

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

Adobe Captivate Prime - Make Sure You vet them well

Overall, the ACP sales team is very good at what they do in advertising features. The basic functions of integrations with an HRIS is complex and needs to be well tested before you enter in a contract. The basic functions for calendaring needs to be well tested to make sure Adobe systems communicate with your email provider. Reporting looks extensive but requires a lot of your own manipulation to be useful.

Pros

The user experience is strong and the look of the platform is very eye appealing. You can customize tiles by your own images and branding. The UX can be customized to your organization colors as well. SSO has worked very well for users.

Cons

Integration in Workday has taken 2.5 years to resolve and they advertised it would instantly work. There are a lot of reports but they only come in excel files and if you want something more comprehensive, you need a strong analyst or a Power BI license with someone who knows how to extrapolate data into dashboards. The dashboards in ACP are on a day lag for reporting. The basic calendaring functions for live or virtual classes (send out invites, update invites, cancel meetings) is the most basic function and is still inconsistent/unreliable for us. Their support team takes extensive time to resolve problems or never resolves them or takes them a long time to provide a work-around or just acknowledge they cannot fix something.

Top Adobe Learning Manager Alternatives

Joy
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 06/11/2022

Great software

Pros

The mobile learning and course tracking features are most helpful.

Cons

I really enjoy this product much like others from Adobe.

William
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 20/04/2020

Good trial but expensive

Excellent LMS

Pros

Pretty well organized , attractive , easy to use , a lot of tools , many connections

Cons

Very expensive , we can’t afford it , I am a teacher trying to offer to my university an lms , but I know they would pay all that money

Cassie
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 17/05/2019

RAE Corp - Captivate Prime Review

It has been good. I wouldn't say great. The customer support is good, very responsive and friendly but often they don't have a solution or explanation for what I need help with. The product is good. It's user friendly but sometimes it can be glitchy and doesn't seem to accommodate every thing that we need it to do in a manufacturing facility.

Pros

I like the new social aspects, developing content and always having fresh content is a huge tasks and I have a very small team so I can see how that will be extremely helpful especially for professional positions.
It is very easy to use, I demo's several learning management systems before deciding and this one seemed most practical and affordable.
My rep is great and very responsive.

Cons

The reports. It does an okay job of reporting what activities have taken place, but there is still a lot of information that we need that we cannot easily get. We have to do a lot of manipulating in excel to get the info we need. Examples: who can who has logged in but it doesn't tell you who hasn't logged in. You cannot export a report from the content library to easily see what all content exists in the system. Admins don't get notified or have a central place to review what is happening in the social aspect of the system or course discussion boards so it is very hard to control and make sure people don't post anything that would be considered unprofessional or misleading.
We need our employees to engage in and track their hands on training but they work in a manufacturing setting, they aren't at computers all day, they don't have access, and most don't know how, to upload a document to confirm they completed an activity module.
Because many of our employees don't have computer access on the shop floor they also don't have work email accounts so it would be extremely helpful for them to receive push notifications via text messaging, I know that currently exists for billing and password recovery I don't understand why it isn't possible for enrollment notifications.
Supervisors cannot communicate or do evaluations with their employees through the system. I know several LMS systems we demo'd did include that, I was suprised that Adobe didn't have something like that.

BRIDGE

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Learning Manager

You viewed several others that I cannot remember right now. Because Adobe has a reputation for creating great products. It's cloud based, it was affordable, and appeared to be user friendly, and some of the sales reps for the other products were not as responsive as we would have liked. We believed it accommodated more of our needs than it actually currently does.
Richard
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

Improving

We offer outside contractor and visitor training to our clients. This platform has served us well.

Pros

I understand the difficulty in creating a single LMS that will satisfy everyone. We all have very different needs. There is steady, albeit slow, improvement in functionality and features. The options to have different domains and the ability to share content between domains is a nice feature. Much easier to navigate and set up than other LMSs I have used. Customer support has been very responsive.

Cons

The requirement for an email address to log in. I serve a clientele that is not tech savvy and many do not have an email address(I know hard to believe in 2019, but true). You can use a fake email but then the ability to recover your password does not exist. The lack of password control by administrators can be problematic. My usage is external. Many people logging in from all over the country. If they have a password issue I can not help them. The placement of a cookie on your system every time you log in. If the learner does not use the "Sign Out" option and just closes the browser it makes it impossible for another to log in until that cookie is cleared. This is an issue with clients who use the same computer for many users.

Mikella
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 24/08/2022

Adobe Learning works, but its pricey and has its flaws.

Overall it works solid as LMS software and allows employees to learn via mobile devices - which is our biggest request/need. I think it could be better, but currently, it fulfills our needs. If scores and adaptable elements were saved better I think it would be perfect! We do enjoy using if for our learning platform and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Pros

Adobe learning as a portal/service is extremely fluid and functional. We have multiple courses and they are easy to manage and access for all of our employees. They are known as the industry leader and thus they garner more customers than other LMS, but that requires them to upkeep the software and that is a large benefit for us as the customer / consumer. The learning portals do work well and the tests are good when you are navigating them.

Cons

I wish it did a better job of saving test scores/certifications. Sometimes our employees will finish a class but the scores they tested with don't save and they have to attempt again. This is a technical issue we have asked for help with - so they provided a button to submit as support - which was nice, but we still have the issue.

mahmoud
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

The best in e-learning and team training

It is a powerful ability to create different types of e-learning content easily, professional results and very useful for companies to train their customers or if you are doing a specific course, it is good for you and also track reports with a set of dashboard in addition to managing courses, schedules, virtual training and also video record with Audio to create a video presentation.

Pros

It is one of the best e-learning software and tasks can be obtained, completed and managed easily plus it is easy to simulate, add animations and highlight contents. It's easy to navigate and see all my courses. Their customer service team is very helpful and responsive and also the idea of having access to more than one different profile, these perks the truth is that I tested many products for Adobe because of my work as a video editor, and I can say that they are a professional company that makes their customers happy.

Cons

The cost may be high for me whether I work alone or with a small company of two or more because
The program is directed to large companies, in addition to the fact that there are not many templates, and the player window is not on the same page as the slides and elements

Nitin

Reviewed on 29/05/2022

Easy to use LMS platform for startup and medium organisation to manage employee courses

Overall, captivate is a brilliant tool that helped me learn so many courses with fun. I don't have to go somewhere else, I have found all my courses in one place. I would like to suggest some improvements in test attempts failures and due to application crashes. It's really easy tool with good UI for beginners or startups.

Pros

I have been introduced to this platform from my recent organization to learn new verticals. I loved their vast collection of courses and assessment mechanisms. Furthermore, I need to pass the test to show my understanding of the course. Until I get passed in that exam, I cannot attempt for other part of course.

Also, I liked the way the dashboard is arranged so that you can see a graphical view of your learning progress. I can also see leaderboard where other employees taking same courses.

Cons

Most of the time captivate crashes in between taking video courses, this frustrates me. I have even observed that if you're attempting a test and toll crashes then it consider as failed attempt.

I would like to have more than 3 attempts to pass an exam, or there should be some provisions regarding this.

Alisa

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

Good product, except for the customer support

Pros

Simple and clean look, the main features work well, overall good feeling about the product.

Cons

Everything is great until you face a problem. Then you will struggle with the customer support, which is all outsourced and responds to emails after two days at best. After it does, if you had a simple problem, it will be solved. If it's not that common, you will struggle for weeks until someone figures out what was wrong.

The second thing is their certifications. You can't upload your own certificate through your admin profile. You need to contact support over and over and they will ask you to create a template in HTML, and then it will not work for no reason, and you can't test and fix it yourself. Seems like this feature just doesn't work, and you can't provide your learners with a printable certificate, only a badge in their profile.

External groups are completely separated from the internal ones, so it's much easier to use the system for your employees than for your customers.

BRIDGE

Reasons for Choosing Adobe Learning Manager

Outdated look, limited reporting feature.

Accord LMS

Reasons for Switching to Adobe Learning Manager

Pushy selling strategy of Bridge.
Sascha

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

Its simple and it works

One of the best features of using captivate prime, is that you can get going with a fully fletched LMS within 24 hours - fully branded and organised! ...and the pricing model is fair compared to common competition.

Pros

Captivate Prime is an out-of-the-box LMS. It has all standard features needed for an effective and fun learning environment including gamification elements such as leaders boards, badges and general points. The interface is both, intuitive for the user and the administrator and can easily be customized to your personal preferences and access rights. The hosting of content is open to all types of SCORM compliant content, but also simple text files, graphics and videos. The structuring of programs can be done according to a single file system as well as clustered items in a program structure. One of the key performance tools is the mobile app provided. The app gives you the full spectrum of the desktop version, including an offline capability.

Cons

If you purchase this LMS via a volume license program (rather then buying a few licenses with credit card online), then it is recommended to find a local ADOBE certified dealer. The customer service team in (I believe ) India, is friendly, but very slow in the response and it takes several attempts to get things done. Therefore, using a local certified dealer and letting them deal with the headquarter, does not necessarily speed things up, but it does save you a lot of time.

Mercury

Reviewed on 15/01/2019

A Very Practical LMS

My overall experience with Adobe Captivate Prime was exceptional, that is in the case of developing and publishing courses. My challenge was trying to provide adult learners with a nontraditional approach via online/hybrid that would most effectively increase their attention and learning.

Pros

After exploring a number of LMS's, I found that Adobe Captivate Prime was very practical. If you so happen to be using Adobe Captivate you'll find it very easy to publish your work. In addition, the tabs are clearly identified with all of the functions clearly presentable. Moreover, the LMS was fairly easy to use especially considering the accessible help prompts and tutorials.

Cons

While I loved the flow and crystal layout, I found it to be too boxed in for the clients I was trying to reach. In other words, I needed a bit more engagement and interactivity beyond the software; I desired to engage my trainees in collaborating beyond simple discussion boards and games. I wanted to provide real life experiences that incorporated social media outside of the software. So, while I loved the simplicity and structure, I desired professional coaches and mentors to supplement my trainees with real time experiences.

• Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 15/08/2018

A modern LMS with some standout features

Pros

Easy set up and smart rules
There are several smart rules which can be built into ACP which allow automatic assigning of teams, courses and learning paths when someone is created or registered in the system. Other LMS’s provide this, but the way this is set up in ACP is intuitive and smart. It drastically cuts down the time needed to get people up and running on the LMS and will save the time that LMS administrators would usually take setting people up.

Offline Content
ACP seem to have done this better than any other LMS I have trialled. The ability to download all course content and use the system offline, while still experiencing the system as if offline, is a superior offering from ACP.

Publishing from Adobe Captivate
We already use Captivate to create our eLearinng content and publish our SCORM compliant training packages. Having a system that allows us to publish quickly and easily from our eLearning authoring program to our LMS saves time.

Instructor role
One unique part of ACP is having a dedicated instructor role which allows training instructors to log in and manage all of their training activities. Other LMS’s have this but tend to be quite complex. The way a user experiences this in ACP is simple and easy to use.

Cons

The software is a little pricier than other LMS's out there on the market.

Maxwell
  • Industry: Libraries
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 25/08/2018

Adobe Captivate Prime LMS review

It is a modern LMS with great features, reduces set up/course upload and deployment time and takes off much of the burden of tracking and user engagement from the content owner.

Pros

The market for LMSs is consistently on the increase, with evolving needs based on the end user and other factors in between. Most platforms have evolved but this is especially true with the UX experience for Adobe Captivate Prime. I find that captivate prime has most of the current market standard features plus more. From features such as setting learning paths for students to others such as reporting, gamification and user tracking etc.
I found the set up easy enough, even as a new admin user and was able to load content within a few minutes. I was especially impressed with the simple interface that reduced the platform learning curve for me and the course set up/deployment time.
I think the option to break down a course content upload to three sections (core modules, prework modules, and testout) is a great feature. Although a little more work, this would improve tracking and provide more detailed usage data/student interaction with the modules.
I also liked that it has gamification elements available for use for individual or group learning.
On the pricing module, I like the flexibility to add and remove users on a monthly basis, which is ideal for selling subscription-based courses.

Cons

I would like to see a pricing module targeted at educational institutions as there currently doesn’t seem to be one. It is unfortunate that it seems only targeted at corporate institutions at this point.

Faruk

Reviewed on 14/08/2018

The latest ring of the chain is completed and Voltron has revealed.

The biggest problem today's world, using very different tools for doing business. However, when we use Adobe products for eLearning ecesystem, we have a single point of contact and support center. It gives us time.

Pros

Adobe Captivate Prime is the latest ring of the chain. We are using Adobe Captivate for rapid course creation and Adobe Connect for webinars. So, on the LMS side, Adobe Captivate Prime gives us an opportunity to manage our eLearning lifecycle from a single point. You have everything under the one band. It gives you a single point of support contact.

On the LMS side, we have a great harmony with the eLearning courses which are created by Adobe Captivate. We are uploading our courses to Adobe Captivate Prime directly and manage them easily.

Cons

In my opinion, the user interface needs to be developed for user experience. But I can say that if you are using a big brand and have a good support user-interface is the second issue.

Janice
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 17/08/2018

An LMS with lots of handy features especially for larger companies

Pros

Very good for Tracking
Excellent Multi Tenanting configuration possibilities for a business that is a GROUP of companies.
The Branding by use of a theme is a good idea. Love the email templates and automation within the system, it is a very handy feature for tracking learning, very handy indeed! Especially, for larger companies.
The use of setting up a programme and Learning Plans with certification levels and gamification in the form of badges. This is a superb way of delivering Apprenticeships for the Apprenticeship Providers also who work with Employers of large corporations.

A very Commercially viable product that will work seamlessly with their website, love the URL that they can get with their own name first.
Love the idea of booking Virtual class sessions and Lessons so that there is complete tracking and accountability built in.

As a registered Adobe user, I like the fact that I can create assets within the Adobe Creative Suite and then use them within Adobe Captivate LMS. The quality is very high in Adobe so I recommend the integration of Adobe assets with this LMS.

Cons

Found the course more suitable to commercial application.
It is important to have all your assets ready to start building the course and it would take some planning beforehand. This is not an LMS for lighthearted course development, and I do see this LMS as best suited to an ultra security conscious commercial environment that protects its assets like fort knox! For this reason alone, as a business, I would buy it.

Nadeemur
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

Very easy to use and navigate in Adobe Captivate Prime

Its simplicity is amazing. I like that new comers can easily navigate in it. Adobe products have very good interface including this software. The awesome thing that I like is that you can customize courses as it suits you. You can gather analytics, it is very helpful. There are amazing tutorials which are very helpful to learn.

Pros

Adobe Captivate Prime is simple software. It is very easy to use and the best thing that I like is that learners can easily navigate and see the learning calendar which helps in scheduling course while training. The analytics in Adobe Captivate Prime is helpful. You can customize courses according to as per your own wish.

Cons

Installation process was quite difficult for me. It must be made easy. Other problem is the pricing of this software. I don’t like the pricing. According to me it is very expensive. The mobile application is not customized properly. I think that it needs a lot of improvement. Apart from these issues I find this software very good.

Reviewed on 16/01/2019

For the expert!

This tool is one of the more complex authoring tools and takes a lot longer to master than other tools. However the Accessability features make it a must for all users.

Pros

So many features.
The responsive nature within publish.
Accessability features for disabled.
Screen recording and mp4 publish output.

Cons

Lack of building up layers.
Not the easiest tool to pick up and just develop with.

Amanda

Reviewed on 19/10/2019

Helping me Help People

It is very positive, I am able to give the customer what they need because of this software

Pros

I am able to transfer glasses prescriptions and other documents from our EHR. I use it also to transfer contact prescriptions too.

Cons

It freezes sometimes and I have to restart our system. I think it might be the server our computers are linked to and not the Adobe.

Janene

Reviewed on 03/06/2019

Captivate Prime Review

Able to push out large amounts of content. Difficult to manage the results.

Pros

The fact that it is automated. The ease of loading a training session into Captivate is seamless.

Cons

Not happy with all the reports, it is not easy to pull or user friendly for managers to use. As a learner I think it should be easier for a new user to find content.

• Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

Easy to use for a beginner

Pros

I'm new to managing an LMS and so I can't compare Captivate Prime to other platforms. In Captivate Prime, I can easily add/delete users, add/delete content, and create courses. What I like most about this platform is how I can see everything that has been uploaded as course content in the Content Library, and I can use the search function to identify a training and easily update all courses linked to that content.

Cons

My relationship with my Adobe account manager is very minimal. The team seems to experience a lot of turnover because we have only used this for less than 2 years and I have already had 3 different account managers. They rarely ever reach out to see how you are doing, and they only contact you when they want a reference call for a prospect.

Caner

Reviewed on 25/08/2018

Easy to use, hassle-free and minimalist LMS solution

It is so easy to use. I did not ask "how to..." question in Captivate Prime. It showed me when I needed to.

Pros

From the learner perspective, I liked to customize widgets on my dashboard. It became more useful to me.
As an admin, I would say I like the "Connector" simplicity. It was impressive. If you say to "importing users has to be painless", you should see that.

"Instances" feature impressed me. Thanks to Instances, your users can take the different version of the course at different time periods.

To add the new language version of a course, Captivate Prime offers a good user experience.

Cons

I think the "Learning Programs" steps need more user-friendly. All the things clear, I am filling the forms, selecting the correct options, but my eyes searched the next or save button.

• Industry: Military

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

Easy to Use

Excellent! It is easy and allows interactive training development that is of quality for today's business needs.

Pros

What I liked most was the ease of learning how to use the software

Cons

I haven't found any yet, and hope I don't

Thierry
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 06/06/2018

In our use of Captivate, we found the software simple and easy to use, however it requires...

Pros

Adobe is int lead when it comes to Learning Management Software (LMS). We primarily used this software to create interactive learning modules. These modules were based on various presentations that we wanted to convert from PowerPoint to something more interesting. Needless to say that Adobe delivered. The software allowed us to record our actions which allowed our end users to follow our directions step-by-step. Similar to other LMS, Adobe allows users to narrate our lectures and add closed captioning for those who prefer reading directions.
Lastly, the output quality of the videos is top notch, which is unsurprising for a company such as Adobe.

Cons

The system requires some research and development to get started. The more simple tools are not hard to understand, however, if you are trying to be creative it requires either a course or a lot of Google searches. As great as the closed captioning option is, from a design standpoint, they do not look as good as they could. Lastly, trying to set up quizzes and export them for use is quite frustrating, the file formats are not backward compatible.