About MEDITECH EHR

MEDITECH EHR is an on-premise electronic health record (EHR) system that provides clinical charting for health care professionals at midsized and community hospitals. Providers can view patient vitals, lab results, medication...

2.6
2.8
2.9
2.9

Browse MEDITECH EHR Reviews

Elaine

Reviewed on 24/01/2022

Meditech Software is the best

Overall this software gives the user a good experience by it's ease of use and accuracy.

Pros

Software is easy to learn and use with daily workflow. Software is accurate and aides in accurate medication administration by ability to scan arm bands then medication itself to prevent errors in giving medication.

Cons

Monthly downtime impacts patient care and requires extra work to print medication lists, document on the lists, then transfer this documentation to Meditech when downtime is finished.

Kerry

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

Good EHR for hospital-based healthcare, but not efficient for integrating into outpatient...

We upgraded to Meditech EHR from the old Meditch "MOX" software, which was simple and very limited in its capabilities as far as integration, ability to access the entire medical chart, orders, etc. Meditech easily allows for better communication between providers to improve patient care and allow for decreased lengths of hospital stays over all.

Pros

It integrates for seamless communication for hospital services, with all chart aspects easily viewable without a few clicks once the patient's chart is opened. All orders, vitals, lab results, notes, progress reports, etc. are easily accessed.

Cons

We also use Meditech as our registration software for our patients for outpatient rehabilitation and all of our patient orders for therapy are housed in Meditech. It's not an efficient way to use this EHR system, as it takes something like 12 clicks to access a patient's scanned outpatient PT order if that's all you need to find.

Reviewed on 03/08/2022

Cumbersome and poorly designed

Horrible

Pros

Availability of previous records. Nothing else……..

Cons

Multiple clicks for simple and frequent tasks. Prescription writing and sending complex. Can’t easily see patients who are next to be seen. List of my patients doesn’t drop off discharged patients even for days. Too long of a list to write

Top MEDITECH EHR Alternatives

MatrixCare Home Health & Hospice

myUnity Home Care & Hospice

Alora Home Health

Sunil

Reviewed on 21/07/2022

My Meditech Experience!

Pros

You can access all the medical data of a paitent instantly. Very quick customer support.

Cons

If you are not trained to use it, you will find this software very confusing.

Reviewed on 03/02/2022

Old School with easy understanding

My experience with MEDITECH, was slow to warm up to but once learned how to navigate I could do anything I needed to do in order to find the information I needed.

Pros

It's not flashy but it gets the job done. It doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles and therefore also rarely has times when the system doesn't work properly

Cons

There are somethings that this program doesn't do that for my job I need to have. However you can export all the Information you need to an excel spreadsheet and from there I can customize my data to do what I needed it to do.

Michele

Reviewed on 20/04/2017

Meditech Magic vs Client Server

I have used both Magic and Client Server and find the latter much more intuitive. Meditech Magic looks like a bare bones version of Client Server. I worked in the IT department at the Magic hospital, and the report writer was able to create new reports very easily on the fly. The hospital was constantly changing various screens since it was so easy to do (not necessarily a good thing). I was an end-user at the Client Server hospital so I don't have the same level of knowledge of the IT side. Customer support seemed fair at both locations.

Pros

Meditech Magic is easier to build onsite and report options are good; Client Server is more user friendly and visually appealing.

Cons

Meditech Magic screens are more difficult to understand and navigate; client server can be overhwhelming in terms of the number of tabs and amount of information on the screen.

shelly

Reviewed on 15/08/2017

Difficult to use

I am not a fan and the reports were long and wasted paper.

Pros

I believe it is customisable and may be good for smaller hospitals. The company trained the hospital staff

Cons

I used it in an er setting and hated it. It would not let you move on with a triage until all area are addressed. I felt it jeopardized my patients health on my very sick patients. I heard some of the same complaints from other floors.

Charles

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

Cumbersome, slow, unintuitive, dysfunctional

Pros

Nothing. According to our administration, the system cost millions of dollars for our small community hospital. Yet our IT dept. had to build the system. I was very involved in this process. But there are many inherent limitations of this software. The company did send there people to our hospital for support, they were good, but they frequently said 'it can't do this' or 'it can't do that' when asked why/what can be done to streamline or expand any specific screen or template for any given item.

Cons

It is inherently slow. It takes many clicks to accomplish a single step. We have a very good IT dept. and we built the software customized to our hospital. But the system is inherently dysfunctional. There area many examples including very limited number of characters that can be entered by free text in there small box space, then it may unexpectedly delete any of this info. The med reconciliation is cumbersome and inflexible, looking up old records is slow and difficult, and the whole system in unintuitive. We were forced to use the system in my department, but some staff Dr's refused to use it. I used this software at 2 different hospitals and both were bad. There was universal agreement of our med staff that even after a couple of yrs of it being in place, nobody liked it.

LARRY

Reviewed on 26/02/2019

Limited EHR

Used this EHR in medium sized hospital for rounding and care of orthopedic patients. Mostly was good at allowing access to information both within and outside of the hospital. I didn't like not being able to finish my rounding from the office though due to no ability to write a progress note directly into the system. Paper notes got scanned after patient discharge.

Pros

Simple windows for accessing information
Remote access is possible if setup by administration
Images accessible from within the program without needing a separate PACs system.

Cons

Inability to write or dictate a note directly in the system.
Discharges seemed to take a long time with extra steps and multiple clicks (this could more hospital issue vs EHR).

Mary

Reviewed on 11/03/2018

When bad software won't die

I have worked with numerous other EHR's and Meditech is by far the worst.

Cons

Seriously after 2 years I am have yet to discover any advantage to using this software, even after our hospital rolled out the newest version of Meditech 6.15.No functionality of the system, you have to hunt for the critical information you need, the software is not intuitive for example if you scan a medication that the patient has a documented allergy to the program doesn't pop up a text box or an alert. My biggest complaint is that it does not appear that Meditech consulted with clinicians when building the documentation software. It is extremely troubling and in our litigious society I am not sure how they justify the lack of descriptors.

Caitlyn

Reviewed on 12/01/2018

Great for Clinical AND B/AR users; redundant if you only use one or the other

Pros

I love that it combines billing (front and back end) AND clinical documentation. It makes billing and coding, compliance audits and claims review SO much easier than other software.

Cons

Since Epic came out, Meditech lacks a lot of features, like insurance verification, faxing charts, etc. Meditech also forces all processes to be entered repetitively, and for those who are strictly clinical or strictly b/ar, it seems tedious.

Andrea

Reviewed on 09/06/2017

Great product.

Great product overall and get compliments that it's better than some othe EHR competitors.

Pros

Easy to use and user friendly. Very competitive application. We are able to customize too which makes it more adaptable to our workflow.

Cons

Updates seem to cause issues for some time. We find several bugs after each update but that comes with the territory.

Heather

Reviewed on 25/04/2018

Love Meditech!!

Pros

Very user friendly and allows you to navigate and complete work tasks fast and efficiently. I would highly recommend this software!!

Cons

Seldom freezes but not very often and that tends to occur with any software I've ever used. Overall no complaints and love this software

Angela

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Meditech EHR

Pros

I have used Meditech in 2 hospital systems. I am very used to it's menus and how to navigate. The labels are very user-friendly for healthcare

Cons

I would really like to be able to use more of the custom fields; the documentation is difficult to understand.

Gina

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

Can be difficult to understand at first!

I didn’t have a great experience with this program. I had a very hard time learning all of its functions. Based on conversations between myself and coworkers, they weren’t too fond of this program either.

Pros

I liked the simplicity of its layout. There wasn't a lot of distracting features that this program presented

Cons

Very hard to navigate through the program
There was a very long learning curve before I was comfortable using this program

missy

Reviewed on 07/06/2017

very old school program

Pros

It didn't take long to learn the program, it's pretty simple. It is straight forward and gets the job done

Cons

It seems archaic, could use some updates. a lot of screens to go through to get to what you need. didn't like using the arrow keys so much.

Jordan

Reviewed on 03/10/2017

Has potential

Pros

Purchased prior to my arrival of job. Looking forward to the newest update of Meditech 6.16 when it arrives.

Cons

Worklist are not customization or prioritizing patients. And does not allow a hard stop if needed.

Leonardo

Reviewed on 13/03/2018

Easy to use, one software to manage everything

Pros

This is a very useful software where you can manage all departments in one full suit. You can enter a lab for a patient, or you van open a work order to get a light bulb swapped. just great.

Cons

Very Expensive, support is very expensive as well, this platform will keep your data hostage if you discontinue support...

Rahael

Reviewed on 28/12/2018

Good product for moderate to large sized facilities!

Easy to use with little training.

Pros

Good consistency and simple to use. Easy customization to meet the needs of individual companies to improve efficiency.

Cons

Some downtime experienced but with only mild delays. While the downtime was an inconvenience consistent updates in regards to use of product were provided.

Andrea

Reviewed on 18/05/2017

Meditech

Pros

Allows for thorough compliant documentation. We are in the process of upgrading our current system to the newer Meditech version.

Cons

Current version is outdated. Would recommend upgrading if you already have Meditech. Staff are easy to work with!

missy

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

very archaic program

I would think after all these years it would be updated by now.

Pros

I dont really have anything good to say about this product. I have used it off and on for 10yrs and I dont think there has been any changes made.

Cons

It is very frustrating to have to use the arrow keys only for navigation, if you mistakenly hit the wrong key you have to start all over again.

Shelly

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

0 out of 10 recommend

Pros

I see nothing that is a Pro of this EHR - I have absolutely no compliments. I mean I guess it is electronic?.

Cons

The layout is by far the worst I've seen! These days you should be able to easily modify your home screen to your preference (organize by bed versus name versus attending physician, etc) ... this is easy to do but yet this EHR does not even do this! The orders are by far the least intuitive I've worked with (allergy warnings do not pop up when medications are entered, etc). This system is so archaic it is dangerous.

Martin

Reviewed on 04/10/2017

Poorly built and designed

Pros

The widgets on the opening screen are customizable which makes reviewing patient data fairly easy. ..

Cons

Very clunky, many extra steps and clicks needed.
Meditech has not been responsive to suggestions for improvement.
Would not buy this system!

Donald

Reviewed on 04/03/2015

Run-of-The-Mill Electronic Health Record Database

Pros

Relatively easy to use, but somewhat primitive in design, which makes it easy to navigate. Also, the ability to purchase modules to upgrade as needs arise.

Cons

Inability to produce a professional looking medical document (jumbled mess with no ability to format or set margins easily).

Bruce

Reviewed on 04/03/2015

Meditech review

Pros

EMR system eliminates paper charting through checkoff boxes and has companion pharmacy module.

Cons

Poor templates, not enough freehand charting, cannot acknowledge more than one med at a time.