About Rippling

Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. So for the first time...

4.9

Browse Rippling Reviews

2,408 of 2,409 reviews
Derrick

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

Rippling is fantastic! Best software product I’ve used in years

Fantastic. Everything from the implementation to our daily use, this has been one of the best product purchases I’ve ever made. Plus, my boss ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
) absolutely loves Rippling and has even talked about it at our board meeting! Good stuff all around and I have recommended it to at least a dozen colleagues in my local market.

Pros

The automations, integrations, and ease of use are second to none. Important tasks (i.e. onboarding a new employee) used to take me an hour and a half to complete with our prior vendor (due to disconnected workflows, confusing product layout, etc) and it now takes me less than 10 min with Rippling. Transformational.

Cons

The only con i can point to is not being able to just call into a customer support number for important issues (to speak to a live person), but the support email is monitored regularly, so it definitely makes up for any negatives. They also recently instituted a Pod system to support issues and it has been a great experience. It also appears they have recently hired account managers, which tells me they continue to scale the organization and add the appropriate team members for additional support. Good stuff all around.

Namely and Justworks

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Old school payroll systems don’t seem to be focused much on the end user, which results in a complicated product and a host of needless activities and obsolete work streams which waste valuable time and cause undue frustrations. Plus, Not only is Rippling a huge time saver, but also a money saver as well! We have substantially increased productivity while reducing costs by 20%. It was a no-brainer to make the switch.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Cost effectiveness, ease of use, flexibility on purchasing only the modules we need. Plus, we were able to bring our own benefits broker, which others don’t allow. We ended up switching to Rippling/NFP as our broker after a couple of months because their service and offerings are more robust than our prior relationship, but that was by our choice.
Michelle
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

All-In-One Solution!

Pros

Rippling's software has changed the way I work! The automation and work flows have saved so many hours of time! The impact is small as we are starting up but I know that will grow as our company grows. The peace of mind knowing that we are putting things in place correctly up front is immeasurable. The platform is easy to learn and easy to use. The endless training materials are important. The customer service has been great and the help desk case management is a great feature. I wish I had found Rippling years ago!

Cons

I would like to see Rippling Integrate with Sage Business Accounting. I would like to have a specific customer account representative I can email directly to ask questions as well as the help desk option. But the Chat feature does help.

bob, Gusto, BambooHR, Paychex Flex, Paylocity, isolved and Paycor

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We will need the ability to process payroll Globally and the others couldn't offer this feature.
Ted
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 16/12/2022

Terrible (non-existent) Unresponsive service (implementation failure + unresponsive tech...

Terrible - no one calls back except for "[SENSITIVE CONTENT] " who has attempted to remedy the serious short-comings of the implementation manager and non-existent customer support.

Pros

It was supposed to be an integrated offering and cost effective. However, it has turned out to be cost-ineffective.

Cons

Horrible, unresponsive customer service and no technical support - horrible company (except for "[SENSITIVE CONTENT] ").

Top Rippling Alternatives

ADP TotalSource

ADP Globalview Payroll

Yashovardhan

Reviewed on 22/11/2022

One of the best employee management platform

I have been using Rippling for several months now and overall, I am very pleased with the platform. It has helped me to streamline HR processes and keep employee data organized. The mobile app is also very handy for employees who need to view their HR information while away from the office. Overall, I would highly recommend Rippling to any business that is looking for a comprehensive employee management platform.

Pros

There are many things that I like about Rippling, but the thing that I like the most is that it is a complete employee management platform. It has everything that you need to manage your employees, from hiring to tracking their time off.

Cons

The least liked thing about Rippling was the lack of specific features for tracking employee productivity.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Paychex was unable to provide us with a report listing all previous payroll dates and the amounts for each employee. They also would not provide us with an export of our W2 history. Rippling was able to meet both of those needs within 2 business days.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Since Rippling is easy to use and has more features
Angel

Reviewed on 31/12/2022

Rippling is the best, bar none.

10/10

Pros

It can do things you didn't even think you wanted it to do. It's just the best.

Cons

I think the UI/UX could be a bit improved.

Tifany
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 09/01/2023

Onboarding with Rippling is so simple!

Engaging user interface and easily navigable. This results in a minimal amount of time spent fumbling around during open enrollment and gathering tax documents. Two thumbs up!!

Pros

I joined my current company during their transition to Rippling so I had to onboard with two different management softwares. Rippling was incredibly user-friendly and straightforward with a user interface that made sense.

Cons

Something that I would find useful is a "pros and cons" list for optional benefits. For example, I have never contributed to an FSA but with my new healthcare coverage it was something I was considering during enrollment. It would have been super helpful to have had easily accessible information on what and FSA is, advantages and disadvantages to enrolling in it and suggestions for different levels of contributions. Instead, I had to perform an internet search to inform my decision. This kind of help would be nice for other elective benefits like optional life insurances, etc.

Stacey

Reviewed on 16/12/2022

Best Payroll & HRIS I've used

I particular like the ease of use, flexibility, intuitive features, many integrations and automations, as well as outstanding customer service.

Pros

Very easy to use, very intuitive, many integrations, they've covered everything! We have just finished up implementation, and having used 4 of the "usual" HRIS & payroll companies in the last 15 years, I can confidently say this is the best one I've seen.

Cons

I would like to have more integrations and workflow automations built into the pricing.

Simon
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 06/01/2023

easy to use with excellent implementation support

We are trying to find one software to cover HR management, payroll, time tracking and expense, we found rippling is the platform fits every need.

Pros

Human Resource including onboarding and payroll are very easy with dedicate implementation manager. client service is great.

Cons

Better to have a call/chat function in rippling app so that one click will know exactly client information without any question on identification of client .

Gusto and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling provided best implementation service. whenever we have question. we can always get the support and answer.
Brian
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

Great tools, a one stop shop for emerging and established businesses

Great experience!

Pros

I appreciate the depth and number of apps available to manage different areas of the business. it has provided everything we need to get started with employee management, from onboarding to payroll to remote IT device management.

Cons

Would always love to see more integrations with other business partners in the space (although there are a fair amount already, i.e. microsoft, quickbooks, etc).

SurePayroll, Paychex Flex and Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

more flexible, more integrations, better overall user experience
Carlos
  • Industry: Capital Markets

Reviewed on 25/01/2023

amazing program

Pros

A positive aspect is that the management of human resources becomes much easier since the time spent is less and therefore your work becomes more efficient.

Cons

A negative aspect of the application is that it is not very intuitive and you have to spend a lot of time to find what you need.

Letha

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Modernized Flexible Solutions

Pros

The smoothness of not only the implementation, but the usability of the program for both admins and employees.

Cons

As Rippling is still relatively new itself, there are some features or capabilities that are unique to our company - such as having multiple entities, banking needs, etc. - that Rippling doesn't quite offer yet- HOWEVER, our account manager and the support team have been receptive and responsive to our needs and are continuing to work on the things we need as we request them, which is great.

Gusto, myStaffingPro and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Not only was the customer/account service at ADP unreliable, the system itself was outdated, complicated, and not user friendly. We had several tax, payroll, and reporting issues occur with ADP and made the decision to move to a move modern solution.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling offered us the ability to integrate many of our existing SaaS solutions via API to our account. Onboarding and Offboarding using one tool was a sell for us, as security is important to our company. The ability to accommodate all of our needs and the seamless reporting available were great selling points.

Response from Rippling

Thanks for your feedback :) We're constantly working on building new features.

Replied 13/12/2019
Alysha

Reviewed on 08/12/2020

I am excited to implement Rippling !

From the demo through implementation, our Rippling experience has been top notch so far. The team is very responsive and the system is extremely user friendly and customizable. I would highly recommend this to small HR teams looking to streamline processes.

Pros

Rippling has been a great solution for us as a small company without an IT department. We are able to streamline our on-boarding and off-boarding processes, making it easy to order equipment and remotely update software on our employees' computers. Our employees love the easy app based user interface, making it easy to download paystubs, update personal information, enroll in benefits, and submit FSA receipts all in one platform!

Cons

The only con I have run into so far is the lack of phone support for administrators. With that being said, the team has been very responsive via email!

Gusto, ADP Workforce Now and Namely

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

The customer support at Paychex is segregated so you have to call a different numbers for every issue, which consumes a great deal of time. The platform is also not very customizable, especially for the price. Lastly, as a new administrator for the platform, it was like pulling teeth to get training and information about what package our company signed up for as well as the pricing breakdown.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling's platform was the most user friendly as customizable. Rippling also offered us an all-in-one platform at great price. I am very satisfied with the platform so far and would recommend it highly!
Lindsey
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 17/04/2020

Best HR Tool I've Used

My overall experience with Rippling is really positive. I honestly can't recommend this product enough (and I do recommend it often!). I have been burned by many HR and Payroll systems in the past. I didn't think a simple, easy-to-use product existed but here we are. Thank you, Rippling!

Pros

The software is really easy to use for both our administrators and employees and the user interface is beautiful. It was relatively painless to implement and integrate into our business. It's a really smart system – based on past experience with other systems, I was skeptical that Rippling could really handle everything that was promised to us in our sales demos but it has fully met my expectations!

Onboarding and offboarding are quick and easy, and payroll basically runs itself. It also integrates nicely with most of our SaaS tools, which makes provisioning accounts really simple. It's amazing to be able to use one system to manage all of our HR, Payroll, Benefits and IT.

The best part is, Rippling continues to get better and better. They are constantly releasing new products, updates, and upgrades. They really listen to our product feature requests and are quick to make enhancements.

Cons

There really aren't any cons; however, if I had to say what I liked the least, it would be not having a direct phone number to call for immediate help. With that said, their online support team is super responsive and our dedicated CSM is willing to schedule calls with us if needed.

Namely, Paylocity and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Our Company grew really quickly in 2019 and Quickbooks couldn't keep up.

Reviewed on 09/02/2022

Streamlines Everything!

Pros

I am a Rippling admin for 3 companies that I work as an independent contractor for. Ripplings ease of use is top tier and it makes HRIS/Payroll/Benefits Management so incredibly easy. I've gone through 2 different implementations and each has gone off with little to no roadblocks.

Cons

I used to dislike a few aspects of the employee profile, but changes have been rolled out and those issues have largely been resolved.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I was looking to make a switch to a product that had more integrations, reliable / easy to use reporting, and streamlined Onboarding and Benefits Management. I wanted an all-in-one system.

Paycom
Nicholas
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Reviewed on 04/09/2019

Rippling for Small Business

I highly recommend Rippling to any business, especially small businesses. They have the capacity to scale any company's needs. Regarding my small business, it changed my whole HR game. Before it would take me or an employee almost two hours a week to run payroll and administer benefits. Now I do the whole process myself in less than 10 minutes. The new system did take some getting used to, but now I am familiar with process and the value Rippling provides me is incredible.

Pros

The price that Rippling offers is hard to beat, especially considering all the value it offers. I now have direct control over my company's payroll and benefits. Any time I need to change something in this area or run payroll, it only takes me a few minutes. Also Rippling offers me a plethora of tools without shoving them on to me. I can implement it to the degree I need, and if I need more, Rippling has it for me.

Cons

The price of having such direct control over payroll is that any mistakes I make are on me. It took me a bit to learn how to run payroll and administer benefits myself, but once I got it straight, the process has become a breeze. Also, it took me a little while to get used to customer service via email. At first it worried me, but after they dealt with many of my needs in a very timely fashion, I now feel comfortable with the system.

Nathan

Reviewed on 19/06/2020

Best Payroll Service

Pros

Integrations. Rippling will integrated with the most important 3rd parties to make the HR of your company simple. The integration with benefit providers make this worth every penny. The set up and implementation of the benefits is too easy. I recently set up medical insurance and it was too easy.

Cons

If you want customer support you have to look at a help center/ forum instead of calling a live person. I haven't really needed to use it, but normally it is frustrating when I want to get something resolved quickly and I can't talk to anyone.

With that being said, anytime I haven't been able to figure something out or needed support, I have emailed my rep that helped me set up my system and he was quick to respond and help me get what I needed.

Gusto and ADP Comprehensive Services

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I wanted a payroll service that had more HR integrations and simplied the process of onboarding and offboarding.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Cost, 3rd Party Integrations, overall look of the system and ease of use.
Courtney
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

A future forward HRIS

It has allowed us to set up 4 companies in one system, connect all the teams but directly integrate with so many applications we are using elsewhere.

Pros

I love that this system makes for the most seamless onboarding experience both for the employee and the human resources team. It allows for so many different components that were limiting in other systems (multi-company org chart in one place,360 integration with so many apps without an additional cost, multiple tiers of permissions and policies per employee level)

Cons

I wish that it allowed for employees t fill out a form without having to print and upload. This is the only thing I haven't liked so far.

Paycom, Zenefits and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I love Bamboo, it's a great system but not for the number of different things we needed in a system (removing in the IT component of onboarding). I think these two are some of the best in class

BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

It was far more robust with the user experience I needed.
Kevin
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Go Rippling!

The best way for a small business to manage a very complex process like HR and payroll.

Pros

We are new customers to Rippling. My son did extensive research into payroll venders with benefits and other services. We were former Gusto customers and satisfied with many of its services, but it was limited when it came to benefits and integrating into mobile device management. We like the ease of use and awesome customer support through email. They reply within a minute or two with simple solutions using screen shots and explicit directions.

Cons

Nothing thus far. The walk you through everything. They make it hard to fail.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Many more HR and payroll features in Rippling. Nice way to integrate mobile device management using Apple products with security features we want installed.

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Simpler and price better with Rippling
Chelsea

Reviewed on 05/01/2021

Huge Positive Change moving to Rippling

We were able to replace several different software solutions with Rippling and drop our costs dramatically by combining payroll, IT, HR and single sign on all in one platform has been a game changer.

Pros

I have tried 4 different payroll systems and Rippling has been BY FAR my favorite. It is very user friendly on both the user side and the administrative side. The team loved it right away and it makes onboarding, offboarding, payroll, hardware tracking and adding new software platforms seamless.

Cons

We had a little trouble when we first onboarded and set up our benefits in Rippling, but we were able to work with the Rippling support team and get everything straightened out and since then, things have been very simple.

Meredith

Reviewed on 02/10/2020

Payroll Company of the Future

Overall experience with Rippling has been great. We got off to a rocky start for implementation, but customer service has stepped up their game since then so and we have been very pleased!

Pros

I really like the ease of running payroll. We are also able to onboard employees efficiently without a bunch of paper being sent back and forth. The reports you can run are endless, which is amazing.

Cons

It can be a little confusing to use at first. It took us a few months to get a good grasp on the software, and there are still features we don't know about.

Arcoro

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Customer service was not up to par.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling is truly a payroll software company of the future, so it was a no-brainer choice.
Josh
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 04/11/2019

Rippling is a one stop shop

Customer service has been the highlight so far. Very prompt service!

Pros

It takes care of all my payroll, insurance, deductions, pto time, onboarding, and offboarding all in one place.

Cons

Nothing really other than just having to go through a rigorous set up and transition process.

Zenefits

Rippling does way more

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

It was more compatible and integrated better with other brands of software.
Alexis

Reviewed on 07/12/2020

Game-changer for our company!

Overall, it's been a dream experience. We are so glad we switched over. There are many pro's that have come along with the switch and it's made onboarding and payroll so much more manageable for all that are involved.

Pros

I really like the onboarding features of Rippling. We were doing all of our paperwork by hand and it was quite a headache for the employers, managers and the employees. We love the ease of filling out paperwork and sending out our paperwork. Onboarding is breeze now with Rippling!

Cons

It has taken some time for us to get used to not having phone support/designate rep, as everything is via email. The times we have had emergencies, we have had quick responses. But we do miss the ability to call up our representative when we have a rare payroll emergency.

• Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 10/03/2022

A lot to like, but if you need payroll be wary

As I mentioned, on the HR side of things, it is fairly easy to use Rippling. Payroll has its positives, until something goes wrong and then it is the worst nightmare and time suck that you will experience with a payroll software. As you can tell I am pretty frustrated. This isn't my first time that I have searched for other alternatives. I am considering other options at this point. Somehow the last five times I went through this they came through in the end but not before exhausting me, their customer and my accountant. It's not fun to rack up bills fixing the mistakes for software that I am paying for. If I change it will be to one of the payroll services with phone support.

Pros

Rippling on the whole is fairly easy to use and employee friendly, until you get to payroll.

Cons

The customer support setup is dreadful. Again, the people are nice, but the way it is handled is not acceptable for payroll. Payroll needs to have phone support as it is a time sensitive issue. I have been through all their growing pains, and feel like I should be compensated for debugging their software. They brought taxes in house and now several tax forms are late, again!

There is no transparency with your payroll taxes or payments. I reached out to my account representative and his email address is no longer valid. ARGH. The inability to ever reach them via phone is a huge negative and the email support ticketing system is ridiculous if you have payroll questions.

Also several of my open issues were never resolved, and they were over a broad range of issues involving payroll, pto, and insurance, yet they closed all the tickets. Again, promises promises on anything that isn't working correctly.

The funding may be rolling in for Mr. Conrad, but they are losing grasp of the basics, as well as the items that used to function properly. At some point the reviews will not be so kind if this continues. If they resolve customer support I would be a much happier customer.

Mike

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

I Replaced 9 Separate Web Services with ONLY Rippling

Pros

Does everything you need... really... Onboarding, Background Checks, Employment/Education Verification, Payroll, PTO, Single Sign-On, Hardware Management, 401(k) through Guideline, Health Insurance, Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Insurance, on and on and on.

Service is immediate... while other companies fail at email only service, Rippling nails it... in like 3 minutes usually... way faster and more precise than a phone call. Sometimes the founder even takes care of my requests... no really... the founder.

Employees never ask me to train them anymore, it's so slick and easy to use. Really happy.

Cons

The only con is that I can't change an employee's username to their work email... it's always their personal email that they set input when they sign their offer letter... but the more I think about it it doesn't really matter.

Paylocity

WAY more integrated
Stephanie

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

Versatility for HR, Benefits, Payroll and more

We came off of a PEO into this platform. It took us some time to get things running smoothly, but now it has really streamlined on- and off-boarding, employee benefits and payroll.

Pros

Rippling interfaces with hundreds of companies which allows the flexibility to use the resources you need. We were able to work with our own benefit broker, 401(k) provider, time keeping, and more. Their interface has allowed us to connect products as SSO, even those that don't necessarily connect with Rippling. They have worked very closely with us to get things right and I appreciate that our feedback is listened to and acted upon.

Cons

Our payroll is very complicated. It took us several runs to get the bugs worked out and we still have to do some things manually, though we are changing timekeeping vendors which will help tremendously.

Also, in the beginning we didn't have a dedicated account manager so we had to work with different people after implementation. That had since been rectified.

Zenefits, Namely and BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

We wanted more control and flexibility.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Way more flexible and a great price.