About Rippling

Rippling makes it easy to manage your company's payroll, benefits, HR, and IT—all in one, modern platform. It brings all of your employee systems and data together and helps automate your busy work, such as onboarding. With...

Browse Rippling Reviews

1,075 of 1,071 reviews
Sue W.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 05/10/2021

The Little System That Can!

Overall it is a great HCM for the price. It offers features that some more advanced and more expensive tools do not offer. More importantly their support team is top notch and are very responsive. And they are always learning and adding new features and integrations.

Pros

What I like most: ease of use. I came into my new position without any experience with Rippling and I was able to figure out reporting and many of the basic functions very quickly. There are a lot of integrations with other tools to help fill in the gaps of Rippling which is great.

Cons

It's not fully integrated with some of its partners -meaning it is integrated but not everything flows back and forth between the systems. For example, Lever is integrated but not every component of an offer flows from Lever to Ripping making some of it automated and some of it still manual.

In addition, not everything is fully ready in Rippling such as their LMS. There is not a content design tool which means you must design training outside of Rippling and upload a SCORN file.

Sherine K.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

Automates HR & Great for Department of 1

I have been able to centralize the company's structure through HR, not IT. That is the most major difference.

Pros

The organization of HR by Title, Level, Department, or Team makes you think through your structure strategically to then define who should have access to what. From there, you have the ability to manage multiple software integrations that are essential for employee management, onboarding, and feel confident that access has been removed at the time of termination.

Cons

I would like to have more control in customizing the Employee Home to function more heavily as an Intranet. I like the simplicity of it though.

I would like to have Employee Relations added in Rippling - case management. Documentation of performance, PIP's, emails, reports from managers, complaints from employees, investigations, workflows and processes. If this could be attached to the employee profile, along with Performance Evaluations, that would round out the package.

Paycom

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I wanted to have software app integration and control of Onboarding checklists and Termination access checklists, without relying on memory, or excel, or some other way of knowing who has access to what. It was a big security change for the company.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Paycom is robust, but I researched the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and I saw the benefits of understanding HR and IT together. I felt the platform of Rippling was easier as well, but it offered more features than Paycom, and still gives you the choice of integrating with 3rd party apps if you don't want to choose Rippilng's for any reason. Paycom didn't do that. You have to use their apps.
Allison M.
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 03/08/2021

OOoo Lala

Not having to log into multiple places has been a blessing.

Pros

This app is great for all my payroll and benefits info. Love having it all in one convenient place

Cons

None that I can say. I haven't had any issues.

Top Rippling Alternatives

Subhash K.

Reviewed on 23/07/2021

Easy to use. Excellent Customer Support

Easy to setup and easy to use.

Pros

Easy to use with guided steps. An extensive set of features. More than what you can ask for. If you get stuck anywhere, the customer support team is very prompt to respond and help you.

Cons

So far my experience has been fairly smooth. May be they can improve the benefits administration guided help.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling has more features than any of its competitors.
Scott G.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Great product, friendly service

Rippling makes it easy for my employees to get paid, track PTO, do open enrollment for healthcare and it handles all the tax/compliance stuff with ease.

Pros

Rippling's Payroll is seamless and easy and their support in setting everything up (and transferring from my old provider was flawless). We manage our Benefits, PTO, Payroll, Worker's Comp all through their software. For benefits and Worker's Comp, it integrates with third parties seamlessly (our health insurance broker and a Worker's Comp company Rippling works with). But overall, I've appreciated their service above all else - requests are quickly and politely answered (not like my previous provider)

Cons

The reporting features leave a lot to be desired, but I can see them improving as they go. Today's payroll run surfaced a brand new report that wasn't there just two weeks ago, so I'm hopeful this is an area they are devoting more attention to.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I ran into a number of issues where Zenefits support was slow to respond, then inflexible and unhelpful. In the end even my request to cancel Zenefits was ignored so long that it passed my renewal date and they tried to force me to pay for another year's service. It's a little strange that two companies founded by the same person could have such different service values. Glad I'm with Rippling.

Zenefits
Meredith G.

Reviewed on 02/10/2020

Payroll Company of the Future

Overall experience with Rippling has been great. We got off to a rocky start for implementation, but customer service has stepped up their game since then so and we have been very pleased!

Pros

I really like the ease of running payroll. We are also able to onboard employees efficiently without a bunch of paper being sent back and forth. The reports you can run are endless, which is amazing.

Cons

It can be a little confusing to use at first. It took us a few months to get a good grasp on the software, and there are still features we don't know about.

Arcoro

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Customer service was not up to par.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling is truly a payroll software company of the future, so it was a no-brainer choice.
Josh H.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 04/11/2019

Rippling is a one stop shop

Customer service has been the highlight so far. Very prompt service!

Pros

It takes care of all my payroll, insurance, deductions, pto time, onboarding, and offboarding all in one place.

Cons

Nothing really other than just having to go through a rigorous set up and transition process.

Zenefits

Rippling does way more

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

It was more compatible and integrated better with other brands of software.
Alexis B.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 07/12/2020

Game-changer for our company!

Overall, it's been a dream experience. We are so glad we switched over. There are many pro's that have come along with the switch and it's made onboarding and payroll so much more manageable for all that are involved.

Pros

I really like the onboarding features of Rippling. We were doing all of our paperwork by hand and it was quite a headache for the employers, managers and the employees. We love the ease of filling out paperwork and sending out our paperwork. Onboarding is breeze now with Rippling!

Cons

It has taken some time for us to get used to not having phone support/designate rep, as everything is via email. The times we have had emergencies, we have had quick responses. But we do miss the ability to call up our representative when we have a rare payroll emergency.

Joe C.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 01/07/2020

Rippling

I like the HR aspect of Rippling the most. I am able to bring on new employees and get them working without a lot of time spent doing HR paperwork. Having to let someone go is difficult as it is but from the paperwork side Rippling makes that much easier.

Pros

Rippling is one of the best Employee Management & HR software on the market. It is very user friendly, so I did not have to spend a lot of time reading through a manual to do what I wanted to do in real time. I can bring on new hires and not be bogged down with the details of the payroll paperwork, it is almost seamless. I like the bulletin board feature that allows for company-wide announcements and the Dashboard feature that gives me information that used to require an appointment with HR but now is available at my fingertips

Cons

I am not required to use the report feature and don't have access. Not really a criticism of the program but I am not able to truly evaluate the program.

Alexandra S.

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

So many things in one platform

Pros

I love the ease of use for onboarding new employees. Being able to provision IT accounts, sign crucial documents, build an employee profile from our ATS and create custom PTO plans per each location we have, is AMAZING! For a one-person department, Rippling has made my life so much easier.

Cons

Two areas in which the product can be improved. A more functional organizational chart (visually speaking) and more functionally in doing static documents like a text function to fill out the forms.

BambooHR, Workday HCM and Ascentis

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Overall, Rippling replaced two software and became an all in one place for me to store employee information.

RUN Powered by ADP
Nicole H.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 24/02/2020

Rippling is an incredible business tool

Rippling is an awesome business tool that helps me stay organized on one central platform.

Pros

Rippling is extremely easy to navigate and includes easy access to things such as benefits, pay stubs and org charts. Another benefit of Rippling is the “To-do” list section. For example, my HR manager will assign me a task which sends me an email and shows up on my Rippling dashboard. It lists the priority of the task, the due date and duties that need to be performed. If I have not checked off a task in a few days it sends me a reminder email. It’s a really great way to stay organized!

Cons

After using Rippling for nearly 6 months within my company I have yet to find anything negative about the platform.

Emily H.
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Reviewed on 29/11/2020

Blown Away

Rippling had me from the demo. I am childcareless and juggling a small business in the midst of a pandemic, and was frankly a little peeved that they wanted to use my time to demo their service. Just give me a trial, people! My tune changed completely once in the demo, though. They answered my incredibly niche questions with aplomb, and *got back to me on the ones they didn't know offhand*! Seriously, I not only feel great about this software, but I feel much stronger in my understanding of my business thanks to Rippling. 11/10. Best decision.

Pros

This is literally the best customer service I've ever had. I cannot overstate how instrumental Rippling has been in helping me set up payroll. I was having issues obtaining an employer number from the Virginia Employment Commission, and they contacted the agency on my behalf, saving me countless hours. They were able to get a payment applied retroactively to a quarter that had closed (my mistake; my issue), and all fees waived. Throughout the entirety of this process, they were communicative, transparent, and helpful. They looped me in, but did all the heavy lifting. I have been shouting their praises ever since.

Cons

I was initially put off by the price (I didn't want to pay anything for payroll services, in all honesty. One of those 'but I don't wanna' kind of growing pains. Rippling has proven to be so very worth the cost, though. I have no complaints.

Price and reviews.
Matthew C.

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

Clean and Intuitive

Pros

I love the look and feel of the system. It is very easy to navigate, both as an administrator and user. I love how quickly things can get done. Processing payroll, importing time, etc. is quicker than any other system I've used (Paylocity, Workforce Now, QB Assisted).

Cons

Implementation was a bit difficult and time consuming. But once completed, well worth the slight struggle.

Netchex and Gusto

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Reporting difficulties, service was poor

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Cleaner platform, ease of use, priced fairly
Jonathan A.

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

Stellar customer service and seamless deployment

Pros

Deployment and onboarding was so easy! I had originally looked at other systems (and even started down the road of another deployment), but customer service with that other provider was so bad that I cancelled that and was referred to Rippling by another entrepreneur friend of mine. I'm SO GLAD I followed my instinct and switched to Rippling. It has made management of my team so much easier. And, customer service is incredibly responsive.

Cons

A simple time management software. All the other apps have all these additional feature requirements and they're expensive. All I need is a simple check-in, check-out and trying to find that in the app store has been miserable.

Zenefits and Gusto

Customer service.

Customer service.
Caitlin P.

Reviewed on 24/04/2020

Don't Waste Your Money

Overall, we felt we were sold a really expensive lie with this system. The main functionality we wanted--the automatic integration with all of our tools to make onboarding easier, didn't actually exist. When we started to use it, it quickly became "oh, well you still have to go into Dropbox to purchase licenses, we don't fully integrate with them" and "oh yeah, MS Office you can't do through our system either because of the licensing" so we ended up doing all of these things manually anyways. Their customer service has been extremely poor, and they're also one of the more expensive products on the market. I don't recommend this tool at all--I think they have a really long way to go in improving their product, and I'm honestly amazed that there are so many high reviews on this site.

Pros

At the time, it seemed really appealing to make our onboarding process more seamless with email, Slack, and all the other tools our teams were using. The interface and functionality seemed appealing, but overall, unfortunately, turned out to be a letdown. For what we pay for this software, compared to what we get, I can't say much positive in terms of what we SHOULD be getting.

Cons

The interface is convoluted and user journeys don't make sense. When we first started using Rippling, we were an early customer so we decided to be along for the ride, but things are constantly moved and changed and become more complicated, not easier, to find and navigate.

Among many other things, here are a few of the worst issues we've had:

- Inability to de-activate a contractor--if you want to not be charged money every month for someone, you have to fully offboard them otherwise your billing will quickly become insane and wasteful.
- Their electronic signature functionality is crap--you have to use their clunky system, you can't just upload your own doc and add a signature box.
- Their customer support is terrible! They take a really long time to answer emails (you have to pay extra I believe if you want phone support, if that even exists at all), and when they do, they often deny they've made mistakes or their tech has broken.
- Lack of security: we offboarded an employee and it was supposed to automatically offboard them from tools, but the employee let us know that several days later, they still had access to these tools. We contacted Rippling and they denied this, and then a month later they emailed us the equivalent of "oh yeah, sorry about that, our bad." This is completely unacceptable when you're working in technology and clients' proprietary code or other info can be compromised by a terminated employee.

JazzHR and BambooHR
Russ W.

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Very pleasantly surprised

I was cautiously optimistic when we got started on Rippling but now I'm a total fan. It's not perfect but it is head & shoulders above all other options we have found. It's tough to find a good solution when you have less than 50 people.

Pros

I have been looking for HR software for our 25 person company that would give employees one place to look to get all their critical HR information - benefits, payroll, time off, documents. I thought it was going to be Zenefits but they just don't deliver and trust me, I tried. We used them for years before finding Rippling. We now do all of these things in Rippling plus the provisioning of user accounts for new employees with our key software systems.

Cons

Some of the integrations with our software systems are not ready for prime time. Our key software is covered well but there are some that are not.

James H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 22/05/2020

The Turnkey Solution to Holistic Employee Management that No One is Talking About

Just a superb product and user experience. The app integrations have saved me time and the easy-to-configure automations were a huge draw for me as a programmer and data engineer.

Pros

The highly accessible, intuitive UI is fantastic. As someone who works with Fortune 500 companies down to small businesses I am always touting the importance of user-centric design and often showcase Rippling as an exemplar. In addition to overall look and navigability, Rippling has created the one-stop-shop platform with the connectivity of Microsoft Suite combined with the customer experience and integrated cyber security of Apple/iOS. The lightning fast onboarding makes this a great product for a growing SaaS startup or a Fortune 500 organization attempting to shift towards the "new normal" of remote work.

Cons

I don't have any negative feedback at this time. Speaking from the employee-as-the-user standpoint, Rippling has made my work experience significantly better. That being said, I don't know what, if any, limitations or drawbacks that HR-side users may be experiencing. However, I suspect that this platform is top notch all the way around.

Ashley M.

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

Awesome Payroll Platform

Rippling has been awesome to use! Customer service is top-notch which is SUPER important.

Pros

Payroll is seamless! The functionality of the portal is amazing. It's great how much you can customize to fit your needs. Customer Support is AWESOME! Quick response time and always helpful.

Cons

They need better reporting. The reports function is rough. They especially need better payroll reporting.

Jennifer O.

Reviewed on 11/12/2020

Finally great customer service!

Pros

We have only been using Rippling for about a month but so far are very impressed. Our implementation manager was so excellent - answered all our questions quickly and clearly. We have been changing payroll providers for a few years now and have been frustrated with the lack of detail oriented customer service. And I think the UI was great.

Cons

Honestly nothing yet! If I have to say one thing, it was some of our employees had a little trouble understanding the W2 enrollment. But once I figured it out, easy enough to explain

Emilio C.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 09/08/2021

Integration of HR Services

Rippling has allowed me to be able to onboard employees very easily, manage payroll effectively and give our employees great group benefits at competitive rates

Pros

Rippling implementation was efficient and easy to incorporate into our HR processes.

Cons

We would like the ability to call someone immediately if any questions arise vs email messaging. However, the response time via email is fairly quick.

Yaron K.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 09/12/2020

Great system with lots of tools and intuitive interface

Rippling makes it easy for my employees and contractors to get paid,

Pros

So far it has been only positive. I use it few times a week and am always happy with the way it works.
Rippling support team is extremely responsive, for me as non HR / payroll person it is very important and help me transition into thier system smoothly. It allows direct connection thru API to my systems

Cons

None so far, hopefully it will stay that way

RUN Powered by ADP and ADP Globalview Payroll

logistics related

RUN Powered by ADP

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Cost effectiveness, ease of use, more tools available, flexibility on purchasing only the modules we need.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

A delightful and easy to use platform

Pros

My job recently switched to Rippling from Gusto, and although I love Gusto, Rippling was a really nice surprise! You get emailed when you're paid, like Gusto, but it tells you the details in the email body moreso. The interface is also super easy to use. I like that there is an "advice of deposit" embedded in the webpage so that you don't have to download a PDF to see the details. It's great to have the crucial details like net pay and pay period upfront. There's also a neat bar that shows how much went to taxes and how much went to you. The drawings are super cute too and lift my mood.

Another nice thing is you can easily change your tax status on Rippling, so it feels very integrated.

Cons

I don't love the paystub pdf look. It has a giant "THIS IS NOT A CHECK" watermark, and overall looks a little unprofessional. Makes me a bit nervous when I have to submit paystubs to anyone as proof of income, and I worry they won't believe me. I felt Gusto's PDFs were way more professional and legit.

Matt M.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment

Reviewed on 06/06/2021

Rippling is the most efficient, easiest to use, all-encompassing HR/Admin platform I've ever...

PTO management and culture (birthdays, anniversaries, company structure

Pros

Super easy to use and implements perfectly with our company's structures.

Cons

Little distracting, almost has a social media type of attraction.

Caroline C.

Reviewed on 27/05/2020

Easy to navigtate and use

My overall experience with Rippling has been incredible and reliable. This comes after switching from Just works which was often problematic.

Pros

The overall aesthetic of Rippling allows for the user to easily navigate the site. For one, the task bar on the upper left separates itself from the rest of the page so you aren't distracted by anything other than the page you have selected.

Cons

What I like least is perhaps the fact that when you first begin the software there isn't a tutorial on how to navigate it. That could be helpful.

Wojtek T.

Reviewed on 15/03/2021

Review from IT Perspective

Pros

Ability to control our laptops and deploy policies remotely. The fact that it's integrated with the HR features helps as well.

Cons

Some features were not robust enough compared to other MDM offerings and only started showing up now which is good but there are still some features that are missing like group policies, proper logs and reporting, etc. There are also many little bugs and annoyances with the Rippling agent running on our employee laptops so the reliability could be improved but I do see that it keeps improving which is good.