About Rippling

Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. So for the first time...

4.9

Browse Rippling Reviews

2,395 of 2,395 reviews
Derrick

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

Rippling is fantastic! Best software product I’ve used in years

Fantastic. Everything from the implementation to our daily use, this has been one of the best product purchases I’ve ever made. Plus, my boss ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
) absolutely loves Rippling and has even talked about it at our board meeting! Good stuff all around and I have recommended it to at least a dozen colleagues in my local market.

Pros

The automations, integrations, and ease of use are second to none. Important tasks (i.e. onboarding a new employee) used to take me an hour and a half to complete with our prior vendor (due to disconnected workflows, confusing product layout, etc) and it now takes me less than 10 min with Rippling. Transformational.

Cons

The only con i can point to is not being able to just call into a customer support number for important issues (to speak to a live person), but the support email is monitored regularly, so it definitely makes up for any negatives. They also recently instituted a Pod system to support issues and it has been a great experience. It also appears they have recently hired account managers, which tells me they continue to scale the organization and add the appropriate team members for additional support. Good stuff all around.

Namely and Justworks

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Old school payroll systems don’t seem to be focused much on the end user, which results in a complicated product and a host of needless activities and obsolete work streams which waste valuable time and cause undue frustrations. Plus, Not only is Rippling a huge time saver, but also a money saver as well! We have substantially increased productivity while reducing costs by 20%. It was a no-brainer to make the switch.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Cost effectiveness, ease of use, flexibility on purchasing only the modules we need. Plus, we were able to bring our own benefits broker, which others don’t allow. We ended up switching to Rippling/NFP as our broker after a couple of months because their service and offerings are more robust than our prior relationship, but that was by our choice.
Michelle
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

All-In-One Solution!

Pros

Rippling's software has changed the way I work! The automation and work flows have saved so many hours of time! The impact is small as we are starting up but I know that will grow as our company grows. The peace of mind knowing that we are putting things in place correctly up front is immeasurable. The platform is easy to learn and easy to use. The endless training materials are important. The customer service has been great and the help desk case management is a great feature. I wish I had found Rippling years ago!

Cons

I would like to see Rippling Integrate with Sage Business Accounting. I would like to have a specific customer account representative I can email directly to ask questions as well as the help desk option. But the Chat feature does help.

bob, Gusto, BambooHR, Paychex Flex, Paylocity, isolved and Paycor

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

We will need the ability to process payroll Globally and the others couldn't offer this feature.
Ted
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 16/12/2022

Terrible (non-existent) Unresponsive service (implementation failure + unresponsive tech...

Terrible - no one calls back except for "[SENSITIVE CONTENT] " who has attempted to remedy the serious short-comings of the implementation manager and non-existent customer support.

Pros

It was supposed to be an integrated offering and cost effective. However, it has turned out to be cost-ineffective.

Cons

Horrible, unresponsive customer service and no technical support - horrible company (except for "[SENSITIVE CONTENT] ").

Top Rippling Alternatives

Yashovardhan

Reviewed on 22/11/2022

One of the best employee management platform

I have been using Rippling for several months now and overall, I am very pleased with the platform. It has helped me to streamline HR processes and keep employee data organized. The mobile app is also very handy for employees who need to view their HR information while away from the office. Overall, I would highly recommend Rippling to any business that is looking for a comprehensive employee management platform.

Pros

There are many things that I like about Rippling, but the thing that I like the most is that it is a complete employee management platform. It has everything that you need to manage your employees, from hiring to tracking their time off.

Cons

The least liked thing about Rippling was the lack of specific features for tracking employee productivity.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Paychex was unable to provide us with a report listing all previous payroll dates and the amounts for each employee. They also would not provide us with an export of our W2 history. Rippling was able to meet both of those needs within 2 business days.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Since Rippling is easy to use and has more features
Angel

Reviewed on 31/12/2022

Rippling is the best, bar none.

10/10

Pros

It can do things you didn't even think you wanted it to do. It's just the best.

Cons

I think the UI/UX could be a bit improved.

Tifany
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 09/01/2023

Onboarding with Rippling is so simple!

Engaging user interface and easily navigable. This results in a minimal amount of time spent fumbling around during open enrollment and gathering tax documents. Two thumbs up!!

Pros

I joined my current company during their transition to Rippling so I had to onboard with two different management softwares. Rippling was incredibly user-friendly and straightforward with a user interface that made sense.

Cons

Something that I would find useful is a "pros and cons" list for optional benefits. For example, I have never contributed to an FSA but with my new healthcare coverage it was something I was considering during enrollment. It would have been super helpful to have had easily accessible information on what and FSA is, advantages and disadvantages to enrolling in it and suggestions for different levels of contributions. Instead, I had to perform an internet search to inform my decision. This kind of help would be nice for other elective benefits like optional life insurances, etc.

Stacey

Reviewed on 16/12/2022

Best Payroll & HRIS I've used

I particular like the ease of use, flexibility, intuitive features, many integrations and automations, as well as outstanding customer service.

Pros

Very easy to use, very intuitive, many integrations, they've covered everything! We have just finished up implementation, and having used 4 of the "usual" HRIS & payroll companies in the last 15 years, I can confidently say this is the best one I've seen.

Cons

I would like to have more integrations and workflow automations built into the pricing.

Simon
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 06/01/2023

easy to use with excellent implementation support

We are trying to find one software to cover HR management, payroll, time tracking and expense, we found rippling is the platform fits every need.

Pros

Human Resource including onboarding and payroll are very easy with dedicate implementation manager. client service is great.

Cons

Better to have a call/chat function in rippling app so that one click will know exactly client information without any question on identification of client .

Gusto and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling provided best implementation service. whenever we have question. we can always get the support and answer.
Lauren

Reviewed on 28/11/2022

Rippling is cool.

Rippling makes it very easy to track time and request PTO. I recently used it for Open Enrollment and the process was painless. Rippling is very easy to use.

Pros

User friendly. Easy to navigate and use. Streamlines tedious tasks.

Cons

No dislikes, I used another platform in the past. I do think Rippling better.

Carlos
  • Industry: Capital Markets

Reviewed on 25/01/2023

amazing program

Pros

A positive aspect is that the management of human resources becomes much easier since the time spent is less and therefore your work becomes more efficient.

Cons

A negative aspect of the application is that it is not very intuitive and you have to spend a lot of time to find what you need.

Brock
  • Industry: Animation

Reviewed on 31/03/2021

Brock McKinley's Review for Epipheo

Now we are connecting up a bunch of programs together to make my workflow easier. Ripping is putting my HR, payroll, benefits and onboarding all into one place and makes my job that much better. I don't have to go to one program to send docs to an employee and then another to set up an email for a new employee and then to another to check an employee's benefit elections. Putting together all these things in one easy to navigate and understand platform is going to blow the competition away.

Pros

The easy of use! It just makes sense! Coming from Paycor, which is a convoluted mess, Rippling is a breath of fresh air. Easy to find what you are looking for and get things done. I'm no longer wasting time trying to figure out how to do something.

Cons

Only little things that could be improved. For the most part this in in regard to organizing things.

Would be great to be able to change the order of apps in the side panels.

Also would like to be able to duplicate templates in order to make slight changes.

Also sometimes navigating the Custom Fields grid for employees can be hard to see what you are doing because it only shows the field title and not the section you are in. So maybe lines dividing sections or at least the section titles at the top could help with viewing and navigating.

Zenefits

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Because Paycor is a complicated program that was messing up so many aspects of our business and they have absolutely NO customer service. We had an issue in January 2021 and I call three times to sit on hold for hours with no response. Filled out a support ticket and still to this day havent' received a response. They are basically a horrible company that doesn't care about the customers that have been using their services for years.

Paycor

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Zenefits doesn't have the elegant UI and isn't very professional feeling. Still found it hard to navigate. One plus is it did give us access to a dummy account to play around with. But overall was very underwhelming.
Sherine
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

Automates HR & Great for Department of 1

I have been able to centralize the company's structure through HR, not IT. That is the most major difference.

Pros

The organization of HR by Title, Level, Department, or Team makes you think through your structure strategically to then define who should have access to what. From there, you have the ability to manage multiple software integrations that are essential for employee management, onboarding, and feel confident that access has been removed at the time of termination.

Cons

I would like to have more control in customizing the Employee Home to function more heavily as an Intranet. I like the simplicity of it though.

I would like to have Employee Relations added in Rippling - case management. Documentation of performance, PIP's, emails, reports from managers, complaints from employees, investigations, workflows and processes. If this could be attached to the employee profile, along with Performance Evaluations, that would round out the package.

Paycom

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I wanted to have software app integration and control of Onboarding checklists and Termination access checklists, without relying on memory, or excel, or some other way of knowing who has access to what. It was a big security change for the company.

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Paycom is robust, but I researched the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and I saw the benefits of understanding HR and IT together. I felt the platform of Rippling was easier as well, but it offered more features than Paycom, and still gives you the choice of integrating with 3rd party apps if you don't want to choose Rippilng's for any reason. Paycom didn't do that. You have to use their apps.
Lindsey
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 17/04/2020

Best HR Tool I've Used

My overall experience with Rippling is really positive. I honestly can't recommend this product enough (and I do recommend it often!). I have been burned by many HR and Payroll systems in the past. I didn't think a simple, easy-to-use product existed but here we are. Thank you, Rippling!

Pros

The software is really easy to use for both our administrators and employees and the user interface is beautiful. It was relatively painless to implement and integrate into our business. It's a really smart system – based on past experience with other systems, I was skeptical that Rippling could really handle everything that was promised to us in our sales demos but it has fully met my expectations!

Onboarding and offboarding are quick and easy, and payroll basically runs itself. It also integrates nicely with most of our SaaS tools, which makes provisioning accounts really simple. It's amazing to be able to use one system to manage all of our HR, Payroll, Benefits and IT.

The best part is, Rippling continues to get better and better. They are constantly releasing new products, updates, and upgrades. They really listen to our product feature requests and are quick to make enhancements.

Cons

There really aren't any cons; however, if I had to say what I liked the least, it would be not having a direct phone number to call for immediate help. With that said, their online support team is super responsive and our dedicated CSM is willing to schedule calls with us if needed.

Namely, Paylocity and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Our Company grew really quickly in 2019 and Quickbooks couldn't keep up.

• Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 09/02/2022

Streamlines Everything!

Pros

I am a Rippling admin for 3 companies that I work as an independent contractor for. Ripplings ease of use is top tier and it makes HRIS/Payroll/Benefits Management so incredibly easy. I've gone through 2 different implementations and each has gone off with little to no roadblocks.

Cons

I used to dislike a few aspects of the employee profile, but changes have been rolled out and those issues have largely been resolved.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I was looking to make a switch to a product that had more integrations, reliable / easy to use reporting, and streamlined Onboarding and Benefits Management. I wanted an all-in-one system.

Paycom
Nicholas
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Reviewed on 04/09/2019

Rippling for Small Business

I highly recommend Rippling to any business, especially small businesses. They have the capacity to scale any company's needs. Regarding my small business, it changed my whole HR game. Before it would take me or an employee almost two hours a week to run payroll and administer benefits. Now I do the whole process myself in less than 10 minutes. The new system did take some getting used to, but now I am familiar with process and the value Rippling provides me is incredible.

Pros

The price that Rippling offers is hard to beat, especially considering all the value it offers. I now have direct control over my company's payroll and benefits. Any time I need to change something in this area or run payroll, it only takes me a few minutes. Also Rippling offers me a plethora of tools without shoving them on to me. I can implement it to the degree I need, and if I need more, Rippling has it for me.

Cons

The price of having such direct control over payroll is that any mistakes I make are on me. It took me a bit to learn how to run payroll and administer benefits myself, but once I got it straight, the process has become a breeze. Also, it took me a little while to get used to customer service via email. At first it worried me, but after they dealt with many of my needs in a very timely fashion, I now feel comfortable with the system.

Nathan

Reviewed on 19/06/2020

Best Payroll Service

Pros

Integrations. Rippling will integrated with the most important 3rd parties to make the HR of your company simple. The integration with benefit providers make this worth every penny. The set up and implementation of the benefits is too easy. I recently set up medical insurance and it was too easy.

Cons

If you want customer support you have to look at a help center/ forum instead of calling a live person. I haven't really needed to use it, but normally it is frustrating when I want to get something resolved quickly and I can't talk to anyone.

With that being said, anytime I haven't been able to figure something out or needed support, I have emailed my rep that helped me set up my system and he was quick to respond and help me get what I needed.

Gusto and ADP Comprehensive Services

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I wanted a payroll service that had more HR integrations and simplied the process of onboarding and offboarding.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Cost, 3rd Party Integrations, overall look of the system and ease of use.
Emily

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Rippling Makes life Easier!

Overall we have had an extremely positive experience with Rippling. They have grown and added great features over time and they have made my job much easier.

Pros

I love that it combines IT and HR into one portal. As a fast growth company, Rippling as made rapid growth and hiring possible because of the ways it has streamlined onboarding. As an HR professional I cannot tell you the many ways Rippling has benefited me!!

Cons

They recently added a chat feature which has helped with support but over the last year support has been the trickiest part. I have seen major improvements over the last 2 months.

Additionally, I would like more abilities to streamline what managers can see, reporting, and org chart capabilities.

Kevin
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Go Rippling!

The best way for a small business to manage a very complex process like HR and payroll.

Pros

We are new customers to Rippling. My son did extensive research into payroll venders with benefits and other services. We were former Gusto customers and satisfied with many of its services, but it was limited when it came to benefits and integrating into mobile device management. We like the ease of use and awesome customer support through email. They reply within a minute or two with simple solutions using screen shots and explicit directions.

Cons

Nothing thus far. The walk you through everything. They make it hard to fail.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Many more HR and payroll features in Rippling. Nice way to integrate mobile device management using Apple products with security features we want installed.

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Simpler and price better with Rippling
Misty Marie
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

Rippling Is a Life Saver

Everything about Rippling has exceeded our expectations. From the software, to the people we deal with, moving to Rippling has proven to be one of the best choices we've made as a company. We also appreciate that they are always moving forward with additions and improvements. This company is truly innovative and the best option out there today!

Pros

I liked how easy it was to get setup, get all of our employees into the system and using it regularly, and how easy it is to manage most of our HR data.

Cons

The PTO app could use some work, but the support team is working on improvements. It works well but some of our employees are a bit confused by the app sometimes.

Meredith

Reviewed on 02/10/2020

Payroll Company of the Future

Overall experience with Rippling has been great. We got off to a rocky start for implementation, but customer service has stepped up their game since then so and we have been very pleased!

Pros

I really like the ease of running payroll. We are also able to onboard employees efficiently without a bunch of paper being sent back and forth. The reports you can run are endless, which is amazing.

Cons

It can be a little confusing to use at first. It took us a few months to get a good grasp on the software, and there are still features we don't know about.

Arcoro

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Customer service was not up to par.

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

Rippling is truly a payroll software company of the future, so it was a no-brainer choice.
Josh
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 04/11/2019

Rippling is a one stop shop

Customer service has been the highlight so far. Very prompt service!

Pros

It takes care of all my payroll, insurance, deductions, pto time, onboarding, and offboarding all in one place.

Cons

Nothing really other than just having to go through a rigorous set up and transition process.

Zenefits

Rippling does way more

Reasons for Switching to Rippling

It was more compatible and integrated better with other brands of software.
Joseph
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 03/01/2022

From a Users Perspective

Rippling has by far been the smoothest experience I've had handling my benefits, payroll, onboarding, etc. Login and password requirements are sensible, Multi-factor-auth is available and encouraged, activities/actions users can take are clearly labeled and easy to find, and once you, say, click into payroll, it's fairly obvious how to do what you need.

Rippling is quite comprehensive in it's scope, and it's execution is stellar. Unlike similar platforms I won't name, none of it feels slapped together or like someone didn't want to pay for extra feature X so there's a big gap in the program. I've quite enjoyed it.

It has its issues, like it's telemetry and it's reliance on Chrome. however, neither of these are dealbreakers, imo. The telemetry is clearly centered around user interface interaction, which no doubt is how they've made their UI/UX so intuitive. My primary concern as a user of this software is that should a company go all in on rippling, that I'd be tracked by my employer without my consent with that telemetry down the line.

Pros

- Clear and intuitive UI/UX

- Informative Context Everywhere
-- Benefits onboarding was well laid out and easy to compare options
-- Paystub breakdowns and explanations are awesome
-- User profiles actually helpful

- Orgchart Just Works.

- Healthcare management is easy.

Cons

- Reliance on Chrome: I've noticed some site features don't behave quite right unless I use a Chrome based browser, and their Employee Home product only works as a Chrome extension, there's no site-based experience for it that I've found. So if you aren't a chrome user, you have to install and keep open an extra browser if you want to take advantage of that without migrating from your current preferred browser.

- Site bloat. Initial load of their site is takes 4-5 seconds on my gigabit internet, and clicking around the site results in multiple 5-10 second load times. It can feel unbearable waiting for a page that's just text to load. And then if I inspect the page, A single page of text took over 12 megabytes (post compression) to load.

- Tracking/Security. Rippling makes a call back home with what appears to be quite detailed telemetry every 3 seconds, sending not just mouse events like clicking, but the specific place on the page you clicked, hovered, or even scrolled to. Not to mention logging everything you type, every field you type it in. And there's no obvious way to disable this. This in of itself is a security problem for me. One solace is that this tracking is well implemented. Secure forms that should not be tracked are not logged over the wire. However, everything else seems to be.

Mike

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

I Replaced 9 Separate Web Services with ONLY Rippling

Pros

Does everything you need... really... Onboarding, Background Checks, Employment/Education Verification, Payroll, PTO, Single Sign-On, Hardware Management, 401(k) through Guideline, Health Insurance, Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Insurance, on and on and on.

Service is immediate... while other companies fail at email only service, Rippling nails it... in like 3 minutes usually... way faster and more precise than a phone call. Sometimes the founder even takes care of my requests... no really... the founder.

Employees never ask me to train them anymore, it's so slick and easy to use. Really happy.

Cons

The only con is that I can't change an employee's username to their work email... it's always their personal email that they set input when they sign their offer letter... but the more I think about it it doesn't really matter.

Paylocity

WAY more integrated
Sue
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 05/10/2021

The Little System That Can!

Overall it is a great HCM for the price. It offers features that some more advanced and more expensive tools do not offer. More importantly their support team is top notch and are very responsive. And they are always learning and adding new features and integrations.

Pros

What I like most: ease of use. I came into my new position without any experience with Rippling and I was able to figure out reporting and many of the basic functions very quickly. There are a lot of integrations with other tools to help fill in the gaps of Rippling which is great.

Cons

It's not fully integrated with some of its partners -meaning it is integrated but not everything flows back and forth between the systems. For example, Lever is integrated but not every component of an offer flows from Lever to Ripping making some of it automated and some of it still manual.

In addition, not everything is fully ready in Rippling such as their LMS. There is not a content design tool which means you must design training outside of Rippling and upload a SCORN file.

Lucy
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Great tool for company our size!

Overall, it's a great tool for our company size (100+) and they continue to upgrade their tools and features. Recently, I saw that they launched a global payroll which can be very beneficial, especially for an all-remote company.

Pros

Rippling offers an all-in-one solution for HRIS, payroll and time and attendance. They have integrations with some of our vendors, such as our 401k provider and performance management tool. This makes our process a lot easier than having to set up a manual process. Overall, the platform is easy to use on both the HR and payroll side. I also like that Rippling offers a designated rep as well as a general customer support chat whenever we need help to resolve an issue or have any questions about the tool.

Cons

It can be a little confusing when you're trying to look at historical data. For example, when I want to quickly look at any changes that were made to an employee's job title, I would need to look into a change report or the entire history of changes to the employee's profile (instead of having a simple drop down of title changes).