honeybeeBase Reviews

4.1

4.1

About honeybeeBase

honeybeeBase is a cloud-based team management solution for small size businesses that allows them to track attendance, schedule tasks, clock employees in and out, communicate shifts and more. honeybeeBase allows employees to...

3.9

Browse honeybeeBase Reviews

Cathy
  • Industry: Government Administration

Excellent product

Overall I am very happy with the product. The customer service is exceptional. I cannot rave enough on that. I always get a response almost immediately and that in itself makes this an awesome product.

Pros

It's very easy to use and implement. The customer service is awesome.

Cons

I cannot enter our holidays across the board for all employees. I have to enter each holiday for each employee individually which is very time consuming. Also wish there was a way to make a group punch, such as when we were closed due to power outage or because of a hurricane evacuation, etc..... and employees received admin leave with pay. I had to enter each one individually. Our employees are not allowed to enter or make adjustments on their time sheets. They can only clock in and out.

Melissa
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Pivot

good

Pros

It is very affordable and the customer support is very responsive.

Cons

A time clock option would be a good thing to have installed

UKG Ready

Reasons for Switching to honeybeeBase

kathlene

Great Dev Side - Maybe Some UI improvements

Solid. Easy for my managers to communicate, easy for clocking in and out, the application itself is quick. 9/10 just a bit too dated on the HTML/CSS/ JS side.

Pros

Well, it works. Buttons go where you need them to. Clocking in and out is the main point and it's easy to do. I've never had any api call or server errors. Everything seems up to speed.

Cons

It's a bit of an eyesore. I like the idea of a top nav with icons, but I'm not always sure which one to click on. I don't think you should have to think about a nav bar. Also, there's a lot of extra stuff on my home dashboard that I just don't need. I just need the clock in/out / break section, and the number of hours ive worked that week. The notifications on the left usually aren't that useful to me, but I can see why they're there. Beyond that, I rarely scroll to the bottom. Also the icons throughout look extremely outdated. Maybe it's the combination with the color palette? Maybe white icons? I get the honeybee idea, but I'm not sure all of the icons need to be black or with such heavy line weights.

Top honeybeeBase Alternatives

Cory

Great Tracking!

We have been able to drastically reduce out absenteeism and tardiness, the employees are held accountable for their actions and can see it in one dashboard. Prior to this we did not have a time clock, and had tons of late employees as well as tardy employees. the point system for absences was a great way for the employees to realize the amount of call offs they made

Pros

The ease of seeing all reporting employees in one location

Cons

I had some issues when attempting to export the reports for payroll records

Zachary
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 09/03/2019

Great Software

Pros

I like that I am able to setup multiple departments within a company but for many that would be different physical locations. Instead of that function I would like to see site functionality button. So I can setup different locations.

Cons

There is not much I do not like about the software. The worse part would be the breadcrumbs (the link clicking) do not always take you back to where you were.

RENEE

Ease of use

Easy to Access and Use. Very Intuitive software

Pros

I do like the Ease of Access of the software

Cons

I don't like the Loading Time of the software

Naomi

Time Sheet

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and the ability to see my timecard and punches in real time. Being able to keep track of my hours down to the second is extremely helpful.

Cons

Sometimes the app lags however when this occurs I am always able to just login online.

Helen
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

"Tracking my students at clinical"

We did a trial semester then a full semester and now are continuing to use the product.

Pros

I could easily get a message from my students when they arrived and left clinical.
I could text back and forth with my group.
I could follow their attendance.

I could document if they were late.

Cons

My students forget to sign in or out. It needs an alarm clock reminder.

• Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 04/01/2019

Honeybeebase

We have worked through some of the quirks and are becoming more familiar with it.

Pros

I like the look of the software and it is somewhat easy to use.

Cons

I wish they would tell you during the trial period that there isn't really phone support to help you set your organization up.

Response from honeybeeBase

Thank you for the feedback! Our phone support is available to both subscribed clients and those on trial to make sure we help you get your account up and running. Sometimes we do experience higher call volume that may require you to leave a message on our support line, but our team will always try to return your call as soon as possible. We are also always happy to provide email or web conference support as well!

Replied 08/01/2019
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

Not Impressive

Overall it seemed to me that this software is not as useful or as good as we had hoped it would be.

Pros

This software made it easy to track our hours either through mobile or using a tablet when walking into the office.

Cons

My major complaint is that it does not load and send data fast enough. For example, if you go to log out it takes a few seconds to confirm you actually logged out.

Brian
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

Awesome tool

Very easy setup and any questions or concerns are addressed immediately

Pros

This is a great way to communicate in house with only certain people seeing it and acknowledging they Baden it

Cons

I don’t have any dislikes about the software

Marcy
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 24/10/2018

10/24/18 Environmental Laboratory Review

Customer service is outstanding. Honeybeebase worked with us to create a function for paid time off based on custom dates versus date of hire.

Pros

The ability to see real time employee Human Resource information, the ability to assign users to a specific supervisor, the ability to assign rights to users, user access to paid time off accruals and a web based time clock system. The software also provides a means to create quizzes and print certificates. The customer support team provides on-line training, answers questions promptly by email and helps populate users in the software.

Cons

Honeybeebase provide on-line training but as with any new software product it is a little difficult to find some of the functions.

Liberty
  • Industry: Law Enforcement

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

The glitches are frustrating, great idea though

Pros

The ability to clock in or out when visiting other sites or offices and not being tied to a time clock or computer with a certain program

Cons

The software does not always work. I can clock out and come back into program and it shows that I am not clocked out. So there has to be a time fix.

Tasha
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

It's okay but time off feature is weird

Pros

Shows total hours clocked in a week, one-click clocking in, people using it for scheduling have a lot of functions, cute bees

Cons

PTO requests are clunky, dependent on internet so can take a while to load, something on the admin level is probably unclear bc we've had some confusion over how time off requests are processed

Marie

Review of the Bee

Overall it's been great to use

Pros

It's simple to use and easy to keep track of your time

Cons

It lags a lot of the time when clocking in and out during the day for lunch.

Jason

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Work Place Use.

Log in and out of work with ease that you don’t have to worry about hours getting lost.

Pros

It’s very easy to download log in and clock out of work without issues as long as you’re on WiFi.

Cons

Sometimes the app on the phone has issues staying connected to the WiFi.

Christine

Great App!

Pros

What I like best about the software is the app that I can download onto my phone. I start my day out at properties and this lets my team know where I am.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about the software.

Janet
  • Industry: E-Learning

My Review

Overall we are pretty satisfied. It gets the job done. The functionality of the features still need to be further developed.

Pros

It's for the most part pretty streamlined.

Cons

Some functionalities don't respond well.

Jeannette

Non-Required

Pros

It will track vacation, sick and holiday time/hours

Cons

Should trust your employees and know that if their work is being done you don't need to track their time.

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

Recommendation

I find it very easy to use. It is prompt and the layout is user friendly

Pros

Ease of use. I can easily clock myself in.

Cons

So far there is nothing that I dislike about it.

Elizabeth

New User- Some navigation difficulties

I have only been using this software for about a week and only use it to clock in and out of work. Overall my experience has been positive.

Pros

I like how easy it is to clock in and out of work using this software. The punch card page itself is great and easy to use

Cons

While keeping in mind, that I have only been using Honeybeebase for a little over a week I find it difficult to navigate. I have had some difficulty locating a record of my time clock and navigating back to the punch card page.

Derek

Great app

Good

Pros

Ease of use on a daily basis very useful

Cons

Sometimes it glitches and have to wait to clock in

Joaquin
Joaquin
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 01/11/2023

A very complete application for resource and time management

It is a very useful application that helps any company that has the software with its management of time, resources, and even employees, it offers a wide range of tools that help this management in many ways.

Pros

An advantage of HoneyBee is that it is easy to use for companies of any sector and size, it contains many tools that help with time and resource management

Cons

In my personal experience it was a little confusing at the beginning, because it feels like the interface is not intuitive and does not help with the use of the program, it takes a little getting used to at the beginning.

Regina
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Why I don't care for HoneybeeBase

I miss our old system where I could tell when my coworkers where out of the office or easily tell how many hours I'd work or how many vacation days I had left and didn't mysteriously malfunction so it looks like I worked all night or never returned from my lunch break. Now I don't even like bees.

Pros

I am straining to find anything I enjoy about HoneybeeBase except for bees. I like bees.

Cons

This software is cumbersome and frequently logs me out or in.

Bill

Reviewed on 13/03/2019

System freezesup

not good so far

Pros

nothing so far seems to waste of 1s and 0s

Cons

freezes and slow does response well to commands

Response from honeybeeBase

We're sorry to hear that you are having issues with slow run times and freezing Bill. Because our service is web-based, typically issues like this can be caused by the internet connection you are using to run the program. We would be happy to help you with any troubleshooting you might need. You can contact us at [email protected]

Replied 03/04/2019