About honeybeeBase

honeybeeBase is a cloud-based team management solution for small size businesses that allows them to track attendance, schedule tasks, clock employees in and out, communicate shifts and more. honeybeeBase allows employees to...

Browse honeybeeBase Reviews

Michael R.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

2 year review

Pros

Ease of new employee setup and also ease of employee clock in and out

Cons

I seem to have problems with the time paid off feature and keeping up with the paid time off bank. I probably didn't get it setup properly in the beginning

BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to honeybeeBase

HoneyBee was a better fit for our size company at the time. Also, the cost was less.
Lisa R.

Reviewed on 14/02/2020

honeybeeBase- Review

Good

Pros

Software is very easy to use for the employees

Cons

Would like to have better reporting to look at time off for employees or to use to track attendance

Marie M.

Review of the Bee

Overall it's been great to use

Pros

It's simple to use and easy to keep track of your time

Cons

It lags a lot of the time when clocking in and out during the day for lunch.

Top honeybeeBase Alternatives

Jason K.

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Work Place Use.

Log in and out of work with ease that you don’t have to worry about hours getting lost.

Pros

It’s very easy to download log in and clock out of work without issues as long as you’re on WiFi.

Cons

Sometimes the app on the phone has issues staying connected to the WiFi.

Regina M.

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

My use of Honeybeebase

Great at calculating the hours of each employee which I had to do manually

Pros

The ability to check the hours of each employee and adjust the time if I felt it was not correct. The software eliminated the time each month to calculate the hours for each employee

Cons

It is difficult to make changes to a person's hours if they forgot to sign off

Kate A.

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Fantastic software that is accurate and easy to use.

The price, service, and actual product it great. Reports are neat and much easier to use than our last company we were using.

Pros

This software is extremely user-friendly. We have employees from all age ranges and everyone uses it daily with ease. The customer service is also phenomenal. Extremely fast with their responses to any questions we have. They provide hands-on training, and so much more. Can't recommend enough.

Shannon F.
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

Finally a service that does what it claims to do

Pros

I love everything about HBB especially the APP! It's very easy to use and extremely user friendly. I love that you can set multiple time zones. We have locations all over the US and having the time zones set for specific employees is a god send!

Cons

I don't like that you can't edit an employees timecard in real time. You have to wait until the employee ends the shift to make any changes.

Tiffany R.

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

DRRCS

The app runs slow occassionally

Pros

I am able to keep track of my employees times. I'm also able to view the available time I have off. I like the clock in and clock out location on the map.

Cons

Without timesheets it's hard to make sure the staff are getting their exact hours.

Donald H.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 07/02/2020

My Review

I think overall Honeybeebase does what it needs to, but it could work a lot smoother.

Pros

It is necessary for work and is any easy way to request time off.

Cons

The inconsistencies and slowness of the app. Sometimes my start work button doesn't show up on the app.

Justin D.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

Great time keeping

Pros

It's ease of use is worth applauding, I have had bad experiences logging in and out of other clocking servers/sites.

Cons

It clocks me out early when I click in in the morning, I'm clocked out before I finish my shift.

Troy B.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

Easy peasy lemon squeezy

Very easy to use. App works on amy platform. Android, apple, windows...all work seamlessly.

Pros

Easy of use. App works seamlessly. Accurate time keeping and payroll accounting.

Cons

GPS location takes some time when cell phone reception is poor

• Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

Not Impressive

Overall it seemed to me that this software is not as useful or as good as we had hoped it would be.

Pros

This software made it easy to track our hours either through mobile or using a tablet when walking into the office.

Cons

My major complaint is that it does not load and send data fast enough. For example, if you go to log out it takes a few seconds to confirm you actually logged out.

Billy S.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Great software

Great and would recommend to other users

Pros

Everything is quick and fast response in the program not a lot of bugs or flaws in software use.

Cons

Not to many dislike bout the software to complain about.

Peng Z.
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Pros

Easy to explore and lots of functional buttons.

Cons

Time off request button is tricky to find

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

Great tool to approve hours!

Pros

It is easy to approve hours each week and see totals worked. You can also easily add when shifts were missed so you can remember why hours were lower during a certain period.

Cons

I find it difficult to get to the actual area where I approve hours for my students. There are a lot of clicks and menus to get through before actually being able to click approve, but overall the tool works well.

John T.

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

MSXI Warranty Project

This software has proved crucial in implementing accurate performance management processes.

Pros

I am impressed with the ease to update the features within this software. The technical support team and knowledge base is also extremely impressive.

Cons

There are many methods to accomplish a single task. Although this can be perceived as a benefit to some, many find this cumbersome.

Thomas H.

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

Overall, Great!

Currently rolling out to the entire team, but it has made the vacation request & tracking extremely efficient as well as the time clock feature giving direct responsibility back to the employees.

Pros

Ease of adding employees, constantly adding updates and great customer support.

Cons

You can tell this tool is oriented towards smaller groups. For example, doing mass updates is not possible with vacation allowances or locations access. I had to manually modify the location for 67 employees 1 by 1.

When mass updating it would be a god send to be able to input hire date and employee number instead of one by one later.

While the knowledge section is a great starter, there is much left that's needed, specifically for managers , supervisors, and the account owners. There are several aspects that are missing from the tool, for example the absent function. When searching for it in the knowledge base, no results returned. How is it intended to be used?What can it be used for?

Is there a way to set specific holidays? I'm not sure at this point still. I'd hate to have to add it for 130 agents, or even add 6 different accruement policies.

Crystal G.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

Honeybee Review

I feel that this has eased a burden on my employer for helping track time. I know that it is frustrating and time consuming on the bosses when an employees forgets to clock in.

Pros

Accessibility, ease of using the phone app. We have a lot of agents in the field, and that travel for work after hours. This program helps track their work time and helps alleviate our Workers Compensation concerns when they are not in the office. I am sure that most companies do not think about from that perspective.

Cons

The bugs in the software, when it freezes, or throws an error, which I understand sometimes is operator error.

Cathy B.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Excellent product

Overall I am very happy with the product. The customer service is exceptional. I cannot rave enough on that. I always get a response almost immediately and that in itself makes this an awesome product.

Pros

It's very easy to use and implement. The customer service is awesome.

Cons

I cannot enter our holidays across the board for all employees. I have to enter each holiday for each employee individually which is very time consuming. Also wish there was a way to make a group punch, such as when we were closed due to power outage or because of a hurricane evacuation, etc..... and employees received admin leave with pay. I had to enter each one individually. Our employees are not allowed to enter or make adjustments on their time sheets. They can only clock in and out.

Renee C.

Ease of use

Easy to Access and Use. Very Intuitive software

Pros

I do like the Ease of Access of the software

Cons

I don't like the Loading Time of the software

Barbara S.

Time saving

I love that each supervisor doesn't have to keep track of all the time sheets in the building and email or fax them to the bookkeeper once every two weeks.

Pros

I love that there is an app that is available because I usually start work long before I step foot on the property so I can log in and not worry about forgetting to log in when I get there.

Cons

Sometimes it glitches or doesn't log me when I thought it did

Chad B.

Reviewed on 27/02/2019

Overall A Very Good ETC System

Overall, everyone we have interacted with has been great and at the very least has helped us come up with "work arounds" if the exact thing we were looking for isn't available yet. If we've had any questions or concerns, they have all been addressed right away!

Pros

It is relatively intuitive and simple to use for the average user. The company has been EXTREMELY helpful in setting our system up (~130 users) and working with us on understanding the finer details. Vacation scheduling is very nice, and so far seems to be working quite well for us.

Cons

It can be a little too much manual entry and set up for larger organizations (100+) as certain items may need to be altered on a per person method. However, we can see that once everything is set up properly, it will need very little ongoing maintenance.

Aamir H.

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Ease of use and access to my information

I think all the people in our department are very satisfied with the program. I am only a user. The administrators may be able to say more.

Pros

The software is very user friendly. It provides access, in detail, to all the information I need about my working hours, etc. It gives speedy access which I like a lot.

Cons

My use of this software is at a basic level but so far there is not much I would complain about.

Sherry G.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

Easy to use. Good product!

Pros

The software is easy to use and I like having the ability to use the app on my phone.

Cons

Mobile app freezes up. Wish it would offer different print outs of time and a better format.

Marcy B.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 24/10/2018

10/24/18 Environmental Laboratory Review

Customer service is outstanding. Honeybeebase worked with us to create a function for paid time off based on custom dates versus date of hire.

Pros

The ability to see real time employee Human Resource information, the ability to assign users to a specific supervisor, the ability to assign rights to users, user access to paid time off accruals and a web based time clock system. The software also provides a means to create quizzes and print certificates. The customer support team provides on-line training, answers questions promptly by email and helps populate users in the software.

Cons

Honeybeebase provide on-line training but as with any new software product it is a little difficult to find some of the functions.