About QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks Online Advanced is a cloud-based accounting solution that helps small to large enterprises manage expenses, projects, invoices and more. It comes with a centralized dashboard, which enables users to gain insights into...

4.2

Browse QuickBooks Online Advanced Reviews

Bob

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Over 10 years of complete satisfaction!

100 percent satisfied. I have been approached with offers to switch. I turn every single one of them down. QuickBooks has proven to be to be the absolute best software for me to use in this area.

Pros

I love QuickBooks for Non-Profits! I have used this software exclusively for the past 10 years with no problems at all.

I have received numerous compliments from Board Members of the accuracy and detail I provide when it comes to our financial reports. I have been told I provide the best reports they have seen (many are members of other non-profit boards). It is all accomplished with just a few clicks and the reports printed out!

Cons

It does take a bit of getting used to. Especially when you are first setting up the system. Once it is set up, it runs along fine.

One thing to make sure of is the category of the items you are entering. Otherwise, your reports will contain mis-categorized information. Be sure to check over your reports for accuracy in that area. If identified, it is a simple fix - but you must check it over.

Response from Intuit

Hearing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for so many years makes our day, Bob! We're thrilled to know that you're able to confidently present accurate data with the reports you've created without breaking a sweat. You can continue rely on us to have your back for years to come. It sounds like you're a pro, but if you ever need any assistance, we recommend checking out the Community. Here, you'll find detailed articles and advice from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for an awesome review!

Replied 11/09/2019
Laura

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Quickbooks Online is Sleek, Professional, Easy, but Lacks Some Custom Reporting Features

Overall, Quickbooks Online can replace the accounting software of most small-to-medium businesses. It's easy to use and fast. You can use Quickbooks Online from anywhere, any device, at any time. That's a big deal. I love having the ability to browse it on my computer and then, when I need to, bring it up on my phone when I'm at the coffee shop or with a client. Intuit hit it out of the park with this app.

Pros

The best feature is easily the sales tracking. It's easy to create quotes, turn them into sales orders, and then onto invoices. The process is easily linkable with many POS and ecommerce solutions.

Cons

QBO lacks some of the most robust reporting features that I'm used to. This is the biggest issue with the online software.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We needed a program that would have 24/7 uptime and allowed for faster uploads/imports.

Odoo

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Wanted the web-based application for easier availability, scalability, and extensibility.
Charles

Reviewed on 05/12/2022

Quickbooks Review

Experience has been great and very professional so far!

Pros

I loved how automated my invoices and billing became using quickbooks. I enjoy the professional look and easy use of the platform. It made it also easier to build and make expenses report. The customer service was also really good as I was able to schedule a call within the first 5 min on the website

Cons

Right now, I need a bit more experience on the platform. However, I would say that the price are decent and good for what I am using. Nothing negative to say about the platform.

PayPal, Square Payments, Cash App and Venmo

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Better price and it fit my business more

PayPal and PaySimple

Top QuickBooks Online Advanced Alternatives

Google Workspace

Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Quickbooks Online

Laura

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Not Happy, Stay with Desktop

I tried talking to my rep who sold me this because we'd like to go back to desktop and she didn't respond. I would not recommend online for anyone. It is a dumbed down version of the desktop and not where it should be as an accounting software.

Pros

Not much; I guess that I can use it from anywhere.

Cons

We paid for QB to transition our information & payroll over and they did an awful job. I was having invoices & bills show up from 4 years ago, payroll was only setup half way. You can't apply specific vendor credits to bills, it just comes over as a whole number. They have a new line item on the cash basis P/L of unapplied cash, can't get it off of there & online support was no help. Our bank accounts constantly get disconnected from it. It's hard to see what you are looking at when they have advertisements for everything popup in the window. Some of the headers on the pages are too big making it difficult to scroll and find what you are looking for.

Brandon
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 02/12/2022

TMG QB Online Review

The product is easy to use and comprehensive for how we use it.

Pros

I like the integration options available through the web version vs. the desktop version. We have been able to provide advanced reporting utilizing these features.

Cons

I wish the Advanced version had the backup feature included and wouldn't require the large additional fee to include this feature. I also wish the budgeting tool was included in the basic version and didn't require a higher level option since budgeting should be done at the basic level for any small business. I also wish the integration to Power Bi was no longer in beta so that functionality can be fully utilized.

Julie
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Nice program - room for improvement but gets job done

Pros

I appreciate all the integrations with our bank and donor software - I don't have a lot of QuickBooks training but am able to manage everything on my own.

Cons

Customer service is terrible - call and chat features all give the run around and say a different department has to help and you end up on hold and never getting answers to important business questions. Best to have a network of other users to help you work through some problems as they come up.

Ché

Reviewed on 08/12/2022

I love QuickBooks Online!

I am supremely pleased with QuickBooks Online and would prefer that all my clients utilize this program!

Pros

The ease of use, customer service, and product videos make QuickBooks Online a no-brainer when it comes to choosing an accounting program. Wish all my clients used it!

Cons

The payroll roll-overs can be challenging and time-consuming. I spent an entire day on the phone with customer service when rolling from Desktop to Online.

Samuel

Reviewed on 21/01/2023

QuickBooks Online Advanced Review.

My point of sale (POS) systems and the previous version did not connect adequately. With this, I've completely erased all of the earlier flaws and transformed the game.

Pros

The advanced features of QuickBooks Online have really surprised me. The software offers a variety of tools and features that make managing finances simple and is highly intuitive. The ability to generate invoices quickly and easily, and to generate accurate and complete reports.

Cons

The outrageous price of the subscription, in my opinion, is one of the shortcomings of QuickBooks Online Advanced.Additionally, some of the complaints receive too little attention from customer service.

Carole

Reviewed on 23/01/2023

A Feature-Rich Accounting Solution, But Beware of Complexity

QuickBooks Online is a feature-rich accounting solution for small and medium businesses. However, it can be complex to navigate and set up, so it may be best to seek help from an accountant or experienced bookkeeper to make the most out of it.

Pros

Offers a wide range of accounting features such as invoicing, expenses, and financial reporting. Easy integration with other tools such as bank accounts and credit card. Suitable for small and medium businesses.

Cons

Can be complex to navigate and set up, especially for those without accounting experience. Getting the most out of it requires some learning curve.

Robert
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 19/01/2023

Quick books review

Pros

I can transfer invoices etc from other apps

Cons

Somewhat difficult to navigate in the online version

Harmony
  • Industry: Wholesale

QBO is Definitely Different

Our overall experience with QBO Advanced has been pretty good. I think with the development and implementation of more features or customization of different "modules" to be customer specific it would serve us perfectly. And hey, the price is WONDERFUL!

Pros

What I like most about using QBO Advanced is how user friendly and simplistic it is to use. We transitioned our entire financial management system and for the most part it was relatively smooth.

Cons

There were many obstacles to overcome in the transition to QBO Advanced. It mainly involve how to find work around solutions for areas not offered in QBO Advanced such as specifically detailed inventory management and also fixed assets. The inventory process in QBO is clunky and too simplistic for our company, BUT since QBO is so easy to use we have customized processes to make it work for us.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

We made the switch at the behest of our former accountants.

Sage 100

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Our former account didn't inform us of possibly a more suitable program. QBO Advanced was easiest for them.
Kevin
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

The one stop software for any Business

I am currently learning how to better integrate my time keeping services with quick books and I am overall happy with the transisiton

Pros

This Software is absolutely essential to my day to day operations.
From the ease of use in payroll services, tracking inventory, combining all purchase and financing accounts and creating invoices for all of my customers I could not be happier with Quickbooks.
What I really love is that software is always adapting and improving to help with more and more essential tasks, and if I don't know how something works there is always a Webinar/Customer service agent/video to give myself and my employees the tools they need to meet any accounting challenge.

Cons

The only two issues I have had is with compatibility with the payroll time clock services I would like to use, and this is more personal preference than anything else. I would like to see more options for bio metric time-clocking services than is currently available. the second is the saving of last used dates in the software meaning you have to be vigilant when making invoices or printing checks (I have lost a ton of checks this way)

Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Quickbooks was the obvious choice for us when choosing our accounting software because it was easier to use and had a fantastic importing option for older invoicing and books.

QBO Improving

We experience little downtime, despite some slowing of speeds. We're impressed with QBO at this time.

Pros

Many new features being updated regularly. Does what we need it to do.

Cons

Speed improvements as our file grows is very important.

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

Cloud-based computing was very important in our decision. A company we know that would be around and continue to improve.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Cloud-based computing is the main reason we switched from Enterprise.
Curran
  • Industry: Public Policy

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

Complicated Software, With Deep Capability

Overall I find it very helpful. It is easy to enter and find bills. It had a steep learning curve, but once overcome, it is extremely helpful software.

Pros

The ability to find any transaction, bill very fast. There are reports that can be deeply customized, bills can be searched easily, and it is easy to switch between companies.

Cons

It has too many features! It has a million options, and options within options. If you are inexperienced with the software, it can be hard to find what you are looking for. Once you do find things it becomes quite simple.

Response from Intuit

We love knowing you've been able to locate the transactions you're looking for quickly and easily, as well as create customized reports to view specific data, Curran! We wanted to make sure to provide as many options and features as possible to meet your business needs. To find out more about how certain features work in QuickBooks, we invite you to check out our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/

Thanks for a great review!

Replied 22/08/2019

QBO Advanced is underrated

QBO is easy to use and not because it's aimed towards inexperienced users or people who have no accounting background. It can be simple or used in advanced ways.

Pros

The dashboard, cloud-based nature, and layout of the software has been up to date for at least 7 years whereas other general ledger software have stuck with more traditional builds.

Cons

There isn't much I dislike. There are changes that are desired but these are features that other software also do not have.

Blackbaud eTapestry

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

It's cheap, we know how to use it well, and I do not feel like I'm settling for less just because of the price
  • Industry: Public Policy

Reviewed on 15/06/2018

Good for small companies with limited transactions

Pros

Online accessibility - can work anywhere with an internet connection. Linking to bank and credit card accounts is handy. Linking to Bill.com and Expensify are also easy.

Cons

As a controller and an accountant consultant on the side, I would recommend the online version to small businesses with fewer than 5-10 employees and revenues under $1 million that have very few transactions. For companies that have multiple approval layers and AP invoices, you would need an add on app like Bill.com to handle. We use Expensify and Bill.com to handle expense reporting and AP. QuickBooks Enterprise edition would be a better fit for companies with more than a million in sales and more than 10 employees, but costs can add up on that platform.
-Approval levels are very broad. If I want to allow someone to add classes, I have to give them access to banking and reports that are only for partners to see. Further a la carte customization for permissions would certainly be handy.
-Speed - even with high speed internet, processing multiple AP invoices is very slow compared to the desktop counterpart.
-Accounting integration - when allowing accountants access to the company file, downloading the GL needs to go to excel. If the GL is large, it may exceed the line limit for Excel.
-Some reports are unable to use the custom fields. This creates problems when the custom fields are critical. in our case, we can't run a report of payments received that includes project numbers. In order to get that report, I need to use Zapier to extract payments as they come in and send them to a google sheet. So the only listing I have for payments listed with our custom fields is in Google sheets!

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

Quickbooks Online Review

Overall for bookkeeping and accounting this software is simple to use as long as you don't use other features like processing payments.

Pros

It was very easy to set up and use. Interface is nicely laid out. Reports are easy to find and prepare.

Cons

You are not able to create multiple invoice templates with different company names ie. one company with a numbered name and another with the business name. Also you have no control over online payments. Quickbooks will give you a chargeback but they won't release any info on the transaction so best not to use them for your online store. Use another service.

Zoho Books

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Online Advanced

My Accountant recommended Quickbooks.

AccountEdge

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Recommended by my accoutant.
Courtney
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 23/03/2022

Quickbooks Online is great!

Very pleased

Pros

I use QBO daily. I appreciate this as our main payroll and accounting system. Quickbooks easily integrates with our third-party websites and needs; eg. credit card processing, Paypal, as well as our donor base as we are a 501c3 non profit. I did not have a background in accounting or business management. Quickbooks Online made it very easy to learn how this function works. QBO Customer service always goes above and beyond assisting any needs. Minimal downtime and errors with this software. Very Happy.

Cons

Over the years QBO has made many advancements and received customer feedback for a quicker, simpler way to run and access reports. I do not have any issues using this software.

ProNavigator
Beth

All-Encompassing, Integrated Accounting Program for Small Businesses

Sending invoices out to clients on a recurring basis used to vex me! But invoicing with QBO is quick and simple and I can see whether the client has open/viewed the invoice. Now I can even create invoices in batches! I can send reminders, statements, and clients can pay online with credit cards or ACH, allowing cash flow to improve. I can also see AR reports and then follow up easily.

Pros

Overall this product is easy to use and offers the tracking resources our company needs. I also love the add-ons for processing payroll and the merchant services. It is a seamless, easy process for me to process payroll at a fraction of the cost of payroll processing companies. Also, I have yet to find a per transaction cost lower that Intuit's Merchant Services, plus it cuts the amount of work I would have to do if I used an outside credit card processor. I also like that this is cloud-based, online software that I can access from any computer at home and at work (or even at a coffee shop).

Cons

When I have a question or need assistance, the customer service has not been as good as I would expect to support what is, in my opinion, such a great software. QBO Advanced, however, has upgraded with a service called Priority Circle.

Sue
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

My experience with quickbooks has been very positive.

easy to use and teach
makes our ability to do work very easy

Pros

easy to use
easy to teach
functions are compatible with our organization's operations
Allows a lot of customization for reports

Cons

not cheap
tech support is too expensive
some updates are not necessary. Seem to occur just so it can be said that it was updated.

Response from Intuit

I want you to have all the info you deserve about why support incurs a fee and the reasons behind updates, Sue. While many subscription-based products have support included in the monthly charge (like Online), our standalone Desktop products are billed once upon purchase. Instead of charging more for the product itself, the price is kept at a lower rate by offering advanced support separately. There's more about support plans, and what you can still get without them, at https://community.intuit.com/articles/1501198. Additionally, the need to upgrade the program, and discontinue older products, is a decision predicated on the assurance you will receive top of the line software and support. As older products are retired, all attention can be given to the most secure and feature-laden service on the market.

Before I forget, thanks for reaching out with your review. Happy filming to you and your team at Rehoboth Beach Film Society, by the way. Break a leg!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 15/06/2018
Theresa

Reviewed on 01/09/2019

QuickBooks Nonprofit

Pros

Could not do my job without it. QuickBooks is easy and intuitive to use, and it's easy to fix or undo mistakes. I can't imagine doing the bookkeeping any other way. Since it is so widely used, there are plenty of classes and tutorials available. I love the specific nonprofit features, such as classes.

Cons

Still impossible to do true fund accounting with Quickbooks. We use classes for each program and subclasses for each project, which is a lot of work but is necessary to properly track our employees' time. Producing a correct balance sheet by class is technically possible but very difficult and prone to error.

Response from Intuit

Sharing the workload to make your job easier is our goal, Theresa! We think it's awesome you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for all of your bookkeeping needs and that we've been a key component of your day to day business life. To learn tips and tricks on how other non-profit organizations are getting the most out of the software, we recommend checking out the Community: https://community.intuit.com/

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!

Replied 05/09/2019
jenny
  • Industry: Entertainment

Quickbooks Online Advanced Review

We are a multi-location theatre and school. Our directors and managers and board members need to have access to reports about each show and its success, our donations and fundraising efforts and our expenses in real-time in order to make decisions quickly. The ability of the QBO to allow this real-time access is something we have come to rely upon. The difficulty we have is with data input. We have had to hire a person just to input our deposits from our enrollment system and cc processor by hand, so that we can class them correctly.

Pros

That it is accessible by many people in our organization in real time and that access is customizable by user. It has many of the desktop features that we like, including the ability to use a lot of classes and accounts and customizable reporting. I love being able to have many windows of it open in order to compare between accounts or items I am working on.

Cons

I have worked with Quickbooks since the 1990s and therefore am a desktop user. I am used to the keyboard shortcuts and the ability to upload data for invoicing, deposits and journal entries. That minimal columns can be uploaded is really frustrating and it is time consuming to hand enter items, especially if our processors don't download their data to QB.
I do not like that I cannot use a desktop version to clean up items in the online version. I really liked the accountant versions in desktop.

Maylin

QuickBooks Online Advanced is Great

My overall experience with QuickBooks Online Advanced is great. I am able to multitask and keep all my bookkeeping organized thanks to this system. So when it is the end of the year, it is very easy to close out and hand everything to the Accountant for tax reporting.

Pros

What I like most about QuickBooks Online Advanced is how easy it makes my job. Everything from running reports, managing the Chart of Accounts, and reconciling my accounts at the end of the month is very simple with QuickBooks Online Advanced.

Cons

I think that what I like least is when there is a new feature and I have to learn how it affects my process. But I can say that QuickBooks Online Advance makes it easy to learn the new features or processes.

Brandon

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

Quick books Is A Do-It-All for the new business start up

Pros

Quick books offer extensive functionality that is beyond what your typical cloud accounting software can provide. Their customer support also is very helpful in helping you unlock extended functionality.

Cons

It’s definitely not as robust as something like caseware, which many accounting firms use. However, it is considerably cheaper and offers a way for users to earn income through selling quick book licenses.

Caseware Corporation Tax
Zarin
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Easy to use, just needs to work on frequent glitches

Overall, it is a great software for smaller companies. Maybe because my company is rapidly growing, QuickBooks may no longer be a good fit for it. I think it's very easy to use for anyone, even people who don't have bookkeeping or accounting experience. QuickBooks should work on fixing the frequent glitches and errors.

Pros

I like that the software is very easy to use and user-friendly. When I joined my company, I had no prior experience to using any kind of accounting/bookkeeping software and had no issues with picking up on QuickBooks easily. Pretty simple to pull the information you need, ideal for a small-to-medium sized company.

Cons

My biggest complaint with this software has to be the glitches. My company heavily relies on QuickBooks and it is a daily part of my work. We often have issues with QuickBooks not loading properly, getting error messages such as "504 Gateway Time-out", having to switch between the desktop app and the browser version because one or the other is not working. Because these issues impede on my daily work, I can't give this software a higher rating.