QuickBooks Enterprise Reviews

About QuickBooks Enterprise

QuickBooks Enterprise is an accounting solution designed for SMBs across different industry verticals such as construction, nonprofit distribution, manufacturing, and retail. With QB Enterprise solution, any business owner can...

4.1

Browse QuickBooks Enterprise Reviews

20,250 of 20,250 reviews
Justin
Justin
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 04/04/2022

Very Good Accounting Software for Small Businesses

It is a good business tool that helped me get a handle on mostly all of my expenses. It has a few buggy integrations which was frustrating. And I really disliked the non batch tagging system. Other than that, I have found it very useful and have used QB for the past 3 years for my taxes. I do not use it to file taxes any longer, as I now have an accountant and I prepare everything in QB first and then work with my accountant to file the taxes. Great for small businesses.

Pros

I like that QB is easy to use and that I can connect mostly all of my accounts to it. However, I was unable to connect my Home Depot credit card for some reason. I have used QB to prepare a profit and loss statement for my accountant. I have painstakingly used this software. I have used it almost on a daily basis, as it helps to give me a clear financial picture of my small business. I can't see myself managing my e-commerce business any other way, since I have many transactions.

Cons

The fact that I cannot group tag transactions. In a business like mine that has thousands of transactions throughout the year, the biggest gripe I have with QB is that I cannot batch select and change the tags. The tags are so important, especially if running multiple businesses, which I was. Since then, I have closed two of those businesses for the very reason that I cannot properly manage it all with one quickbooks account. I thought it would be easy to tag things, however, it truly sucks to have to go one by one. Also, I dislike the "rules" it auto creates because for any new transaction type, it pops up and really slowed me down when I was already having trouble with my tagging and categorizing.

iCloud and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Enterprise

QB is simply the most comprehensive and overall the easiest product to use to account for my small business. I didn't like the other options that I explored and felt that for the money, it was a good way to do all of my business and personal accounting.
Tracy

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

Quickbooks Desktop Still a Good Choice

I love QB in all its forms. I love that you can get industry specific versions. I encourage you to check it out if you are looking for an accounting software.

Pros

So many people are moving to the online version. I use both for different clients. They each have their pros and cons so make sure and check them out before deciding. Also, if you are currently on desktop I find it very hard to change to online. All the clients I have that have tried have claimed it is a nightmare.

Cons

The only down side is that I have trouble with connectivity to bank accounts for auto download.

Procore and Sage Accounting

Ease of Use, Cost, Ease of Deployment, Customer Service
Zain

Reviewed on 08/06/2024

Good and great QuickBook

Pros

However, they appreciate QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise for its robust features, scalability, and advanced reporting capabilities. It offers comprehensive financial management tools, inventory tracking, and customizable options to meet the specific needs of businesses.

Cons

software's steep learning curve for new users, occasional performance issues with large data files, and the cost of the software, which may be higher compared to other versions of QuickBooks. It's important to note that these are subjective opinions, and the overall satisfaction with the software may vary depending on individual needs and preferences.

Top QuickBooks Enterprise Alternatives

MIP Fund Accounting

Microsoft Project

RUN Powered by ADP

Alicia
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Software Glitch since 2023 Version still not resolved, unable to send statements

Pros

Today, Nothing! I am fed up with wasting time on a problem they could have easily fixed.

Cons

They have been made aware by numerous customers that after the upgrade to 2023 software we are no longer able to send statements. They stated they "turned off" the customer sort function, so you can no longer choose to generate statements for only customers with a balance. It will generate a statement for EVERY single customer you have, IF you have less than 4500, EVERY time. If , like us, you have been with them for years and years and have more than 4500 customers it just creates an error message and will do nothing. The only option is to scroll through all you thousands of customers and individually select the ones you want to send statements to. It takes a few hours!! It is a simple sort function, that used to take 1 minute for the software to perform. They have been aware of the problem since April of 2023 and have done nothing. They did not fix it in the 2024 Edition either. Customer support just wastes several hours of your time trying things that don't work, and then they "create a support ticket" for you. Mine was created in May of 2023, and still nothing has been done. We pay extra to have Enterprise because we have a huge customer base and so we are forced to purchase Enterprise instead of the cheaper versions, but then they have a glitch that makes a VERY BASIC function, sending out monthly statements, not work. We are tired of waiting for them to fix this and are looking to switch to a different software. It is very frustrating that after being a customer for years and years to have to change accounting programs.

Aishwarya

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Quickbooks

A very good and positive experience I have with Quick book

Pros

The service and books are awesome.
Price is good enough.

Cons

Service and reasonable price good product packages too.

mario
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 25/06/2024

Efficient FInancial Managament and Scalability

Excellent, highly recommended! Accounting software is essential for all types of businesses, and Quickbooks is the best option. We would utilize this again if we had the option.

Pros

The most notable aspects of this program are the bank feed and reconciliation procedures. I thought the monthly pricing was more than reasonable, and I really liked how accessible the mobile app was.

Cons

There is a minor issue with customer service; I had trouble canceling my previous account and was informed that it cannot be deleted. Other than that, nothing major is wrong.

• Industry: Warehousing
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 26/06/2024

exceptional accounting software

QuickBooks Enterprise is an exceptional accounting software tailored for medium to large-sized businesses seeking advanced financial management tools. With its robust features such as advanced reporting, inventory tracking, and customizable user permissions, QuickBooks Enterprise offers a comprehensive solution to streamline business operations. The software's scalability allows for easy expansion as your business grows, while its user-friendly interface ensures a smooth learning curve for new users. Overall, QuickBooks Enterprise is a powerful and reliable accounting solution that empowers businesses to efficiently manage their finances and make informed decisions for long-term success.

Pros

Cons

comprehensive solution to streamline business operations.

Sai Sharan Reddy
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 04/07/2024

Quickbooks user experience

So far I have always liked and preferred using quick books for accounting and invoicing related tasks and will continue to prefer it so we can conclude my overall experience was satisfactory.

Pros

I really like how easy it is to use QuickBooks and also it makes accounting extremely easy which would otherwise be complex in a lot of cases. Not only is it easy to use but I can also automate the already easy tasks using Quick Books. Although I use it on a small scale I believe it is also very scalable when I need to expand.

Cons

Although I don’t have anything about Quickbooks that I do not like I sometimes feel it would be even better if it is a little bit cheaper.

Christopher
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 16/06/2024

ARCHITECTURE

Pros

Business and the other side of the most important thing to happen

Cons

Security🔒 and How To make sure about to start my Business.

Robert
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 04/06/2024

QuickBooks Desktop is Great for All Types of Businesses

Does a wonderful of managing different accounts all in a single location. Easily perform bookkeeping task by linking into different bank accounts and importing tax information. Great software for financial personnel.

Pros

Easily connects to different bank accounts to import statements and track deposits and expenses.

Cons

The cost can be prohibitive if only using it for simple purposes. Software is capable of much more than the average user may be aware of.

Stephanie
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

The only accounting software I'll use

Quickbooks has helped me be able to stay a solo-entrepreneur and not need to hire a bookkeeper, accountant or assistant because I'm able to save time and keep up with it by myself!

Pros

Quickbooks just makes it so dang easy to run my business. When I was starting out, I had NO idea how to manage my money, balance my books or split my business income from personal expenses. Quickbooks makes it simple to categorize, upload, split and balance my money. I have saved so much time on taxes and bookkeeping in the last four years. I truly don't know how I would have figured all this out without software like this.

Cons

I do wish that there was a built-in time tracker of some kind. I want to be able to send clients invoices based on time worked on a project and it would be really nice to have that built into the software itself without paying extra or using a third-party app.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

I needed something that was a little more user-friendly and affordable for what features I needed.

Wave

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Enterprise

The price point and the simple design

Response from Intuit

Hey there, Stephanie. Saving you time and energy so you can devote more attention to your business and customers is what we're here for. Hearing how helpful QuickBooks has been is music to our ears! We're always working toward making the software even better. Your feedback helps us do just that. You can find out more about what's going on behind the scenes by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Thanks for a 5 star review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 14/11/2019
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 01/02/2020

Quickbooks review from a long time user.

I would rate my overall experience with QuickBooks as Very Good. It is not the most sophisticated accounting software on the market but interface and general user experience makes it a top choice when looking for non industry specific accounting software.

Pros

I have been using QuickBooks with multiple companies for over 15 years. Have found that once the learning curve has been mastered the interface is intuitive and clean to work with. Over the years many of the ancillary weaknesses or lack of added needs have been addressed. While I used to think QuickBooks wasn't evolving quickly enough with changing needs. They have improved greatly over the last 5-6 years and I feel the software has become flexible enough to handle our growing and changing needs.

Cons

I would say my main concern has been the lack of sophisticated statistical analysis that other accounting software provides. Quickbooks has been addressing these concerns over the last few years and has and is improving in these areas.

Sage 50cloud Accounting

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Enterprise

User interface was easiest for my employees to start with and improvements in function has been a key to continued use.
Scott

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

Rock Solid

Bottomline, accounting is a "financial statement" about your company's health. Quickbooks is the best doctor you can buy to monitor it.

Pros

I started my company 30 years ago using Quicken for bookkeeping and before Intuit offered Quickbooks. My company grew and Intuit offered Quickbooks. We converted to it and never regretted it. The time saving, ease of managing customer invoicing, efficient vendor payments, and access for our bookkeeper and CPA make it the best. Combined with full payroll services, where Intuit manages all associated taxes make it even better. Finally, customer support is extraordinarily good, particularly for payroll.

Cons

While Quickbooks is for non-accountants, there is a learning curve. Nonetheless, it is well worth the investment, given the importance of what it does for your business.

Zoho Books

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

Quicken is for individuals and households. Quickbooks is for commercial and nonprofit enterprises. We needed the added functionality associated with business accounting software.

Quicken

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Enterprise

We always review the market before upgrading to the next version of any software, including Quickbooks. Quickbooks is the software of choice for everyone we work with, including, CPAs and bookkeepers. We see no real gain in switching to something few professionals use, without a compelling reason. We have yet to find such a reason.
Carolyn
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 02/08/2022

Mount Carmel Animal Hospital

Overall, Quickbooks is an amazing program. As someone who had no training in bookkeeping or business, it was very easy to navigate and utilize fairly quickly. The system is ultimately error proof, which is incredibly reassuring for someone who had no experience when starting out.

Pros

Quickbooks is very user friendly and easy to navigate while being incredibly detailed and accurate. Coming from a veterinary background with not training in bookkeeping or accounting, I was able to utilize the software with minimal training. The way the software is designed, it is virtually impossible for errors to go unnoticed. There are multiple checks systems in place to ensure everything is accurate and correctly accounted for.

Cons

Having multiple users can become a bit expensive. Remote access is also more difficult, requiring a third party to manage remote access. Quickbooks Online offers easy remote access, however, we found that the desktop version was better suited for our needs overall.

Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Enterprise

We considered switching when we switched away from a RDP system within our office for better access. We found that despite the lack of easy remote access, QB Desktop was still the best option for us overall.
Tania
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 30/01/2023

Easy to use and allows for multiple users and access from anywhere

The enterprise team was amazing when helping set everything up and have been helpful with any questions since. We used to use desktop so the switch was very easy for us. We did not like QBO and it didn't have the features we needed that were in the desktop version, so this was the ideal solution to add accessibility from different locations and for different users.

Pros

The ability to access from anywhere and with multiple users - even at different locations.

Cons

The ability to save a file onto the users computer rather than the enterprise "computer" is difficult to navigate. Unless using the program that came with the user computer, you don't seem to be able to send emails either.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Enterprise

We wanted to be able to access from other locations and to have multiple users.

QuickBooks Desktop

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Enterprise

QuickBooks online did not have the options we needed for non profit pastoral source deductions. I spoke with multiple people at help desks and in the end it was not possible to get what we needed. Desktop had this option and by using Enterprise we were able to solve all our problems.

Reviewed on 22/08/2018

The Desktop version is better than the online

Pros

Desktop - it's easier to have multiple screens open, but can only do one company at a time (online, you can use different browsers to open multiple companies). Has a lot of functionality. The only other thing that is better about the online version (imho) is being able to easily log in remotely - BUT, if you don't do it frequently enough (and randomly) you'll need a verification code.

Cons

Does have an intercompany feature. The online version doesn't allow multiple screens open at once. If you decide you want to cancel your online membership, getting your historical transactions off of it is a challenge. I wish that they still allowed recon of sales tax. Online doesn't give a "fee" and "Interest income" fill in for recon'ing each bank account. There is no listing for any asset/liability accounts that haven't been recon'd or a report showing the last date it was recon'd.

Response from Intuit

Thanks for this review. Your loyalty to QuickBooks is valued, so please know we're proud to be backing your business.

While I have your attention, it'd be my pleasure to address the Cons you mentioned. As a start, you can open multiple windows/tabs of the Online software. This Community-hosted article outlines the details (community.intuit.com/articles/1456006), and I encourage you to explore the space more when you can. Our multi-function Community database also doubles as a Q&A forum, so jump into the convo anytime you have questions.

Further, you can download your historical data and save it in spreadsheets if you decide to cancel. The info at community.intuit.com/articles/1254966 explains the process, but I'd be happy to pass your suggestions about interest income, flexible sales tax, and alerts about reconciled accounts to the engineers for review. We use your ideas as inspiration and default to it when developing new tools.

Replied 27/08/2018
Jillian
Jillian

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Beware before importing transactions! There's no way to bulk delete them!

My bad experience erased all the good that could've come from Quickbooks. I just wasted two years of bookkeeping, two weeks of non-stop work in QBs preparing my 2017 Tax return that is on extension and I'm now going to get penalty fees from the IRS. They can't pay me for those fees and they can't give me back my time, but the least they can do is refund me for the two years of service fees that their representatives have rendered useless to me. I can't get any higher than a Supervisor Kayson in the Accounting Dept. I've begged and pleaded and told her that I know Quickbooks doesn't want this for their customers and that they should be informed of this disaster to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else and she refused, after begging for almost an hour, she said there was no one higher she could pass me onto. It just can't be possible, but that's how I was treated when the worst possible thing could happen to me and my business. It's not worth the risk. Please do your research and make sure this doesn't happen to you!

Pros

No pun intended, but for the features that actually work well, they are very intuitive. They accommodate such a huge range of detail and diversity in what each business would require. Beautiful interface.

Cons

No one should use this product if you have to import a lot of transactions! 1. There is no way to batch delete transactions that you may import by mistake or that you decide later on you don't want (which is likely to happen because once you get over the learning curve and figure out how you want to use the software, you may have entered data that you no longer want). I found this out the hard way. After two years of data was entered, I was encountering issues related to how I originally added the transactions to my register and that I needed help fixing. But then multiple representatives kept only solving small portions of the problem. After the fourth or fifth rep saw my issue, she said that I had to start all over again entering two years of data into QBs. She had me disconnect my bank accounts, then "delete" them from the Chart of Accounts. This makes the account "inactive" BUT she failed to tell me that those transactions would never actually go away. They stay there in the background and mess up your reports. So because she had me then reconnect all my accounts and re-import two years of data for me to start over again, it essentially duplicated every transaction (thousands of them). Now my only option is to either manually delete every duplicate, which is not possible OR cancel my acct, create a new one and start over again. All the reps and supervisors I have spoken to have blocked me from anyone higher in the company. They refuse to refund me for any more than 1 mo.

Response from Intuit

Hi Jullian. You've been through quite the ordeal, so I appreciate you leaving this honest and thorough review. I want to exhaust my resources to turn this around, so please know I have the tools and visibility to help. I encourage you to reach out to me at your earliest convenience ([email protected]). That's my inbox, and I'd like to dig into your account and ensure these data entry and import issues are cleared away once and for all. I'll help you do so with the least amount of strain on you and your time, as I realize you have a thousand other things to do than delete duplicates. You deserve better, and I'll see to it that happens.

I'll be on the lookout for your message, and I thank you in advance.

Replied 28/09/2018

Reviewed on 18/10/2018

QuickBooks User

Accounting, tracking expenses, handling taxes, doing payroll, creating invoices and tracking both customers and vendors.

Pros

I've been a QB user for almost two decades. What I like about this software is that it's easy to learn and use, especially if you don't really have an accounting or bookkeeping background. Their support has always been excellent and very helpful when needed. While there are cheaper accounting software programs, QB has been around a very long time, has superior customer service, and caters to users who may not have much accounting experience as well as those who do. It's also easy to get started if you're new to the software. They also have other options to help small business owners, such as payroll. I've used their payroll service (both basic and advanced) and I have found it to be very useful, affordable, and easy to use.

Cons

I'm a Mac user and the QB software isn't as great on a Mac as it is on a PC.

Response from Intuit

Thanks for your loyalty to QuickBooks these past two decades, as we're proud to have been by your side all this time. Your comments were a pleasure to come across, as we strive to provide the payroll tools and support you deserve. Because we also work hard to ensure our software is accessible to users of all backgrounds, we've created self-help spaces like our Community (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o) in case you ever have workflow or accounting questions.

As for the differences you've noticed on a Mac, rest assured I'm here to ensure your software is working just as well on all operating systems. At your earliest convenience, feel more than welcome to send me a message directly at [email protected]. That's my inbox, and I have the knowledge and tools to get you squared away.

Talk soon!

Replied 22/10/2018
Sheri
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 14/03/2019

Have been using QuickBooks for my small business for 16 years!

The benefits of using QuickBooks are that I stay organized by recording all of my sales, income and expenditures in real time as they happen which saves me in accounting expenses such as hiring this work out. Also...I liked QuickBooks so well for my small business that I use it to record all of my personal finances as well. I love the reports I have easy access to as well such as Profit and Loss statements that allow me to see quickly how my business is doing this year compared to previous years. I also love that I can track what I'm spending in customized categories that I've created. It also gives me tremendous insight into my sales, ie what is selling, what is not and how it compares to previous years. I highly recommend QuickBooks for not only keeping your finances straight but also for the reports that give you valuable insight into your business.

Pros

Once you familiarize yourself with the product it's easy to use. I have been using QuickBooks for 16 years for my small business for all of my daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly bookkeeping needs. It saves me time and money on accounting expenses and allows me to stay organized. Because I handle all the day to day accounting needs thru QuickBooks I only have to pay my accountant to handle my yearly tax return. And because QuickBooks makes it easy to stay organized with income, sales and expenditures my accountant spends less time preparing my tax return which also saves me money.

Cons

That the Cloud version is a bit too pricey for my small business needs.

Response from Intuit

Thank you for the excellent review, Sheri! I'm delighted QuickBooks is saving you time when managing your daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly bookkeeping, and it's wonderful to know the program has been backing your small business for over 16 years.

I'm sure you're a pro by now, but if you ever need support, know the answers you seek are only a short search away on our Community website. I encourage you to explore this site when you have a moment to spare: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/US-QuickBooks-Community/ct-p/community-us

I'm thrilled QuickBooks has been able to help you with your financial records, regardless of them being personal or business-related. Thank you again for this excellent review, Sheri!

Warm regards,
Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 16/03/2019
William
William
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Great Small Business Accounting Software

Our experience with QuickBooks has been excellent and we will continue to use the product for the foreseeable future.

Pros

QuickBooks has helped our company manage its finances since its inception. Our Bookkeeper recommended the product based on her previous experience with it. Quickbooks was easy to set up and easy to use and was productive from Day 1.

We use Quickbooks to track our expenses, manager our purchases, pay our bills and do our banking. The reports the software generates help keep us on top of our finances and alert us to issues and abnormalities so we can quickly address them. Our banking and credit card information automatically populates into Quickbooks reducing the time needed to enter this information manually while eliminating any data entry related errors. The product also integrates well with other financial management tools and has add-ons specific to our business.

I can't imagine running a small business without a tool Like Quickbooks, and I doubt we ever will.

Cons

The licensing can be a little complex, especially when multiple users need access to the product. We also have struggled a little with their customer support. Both of these may have been issues on our end due to lack of familiarity with the product or failure to read the documentation.

Response from Intuit

Hi William! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of helping you manage your business from the start. Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software to be a versatile tool to handle all your accounting needs. Whether you're running reports or categorizing bank transactions, you can count on QuickBooks to have your back. When it comes to managing licenses for multiple users, it can get a bit tricky. If you need assistance with that or have any other questions, we've made it a priority is to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks
Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review and we look forward to working with you in the years to come!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 08/08/2019
Fazal
Fazal
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 20/04/2020

My Response to QuickBooks Online Advanced

Being a proficient user of QuickBooks, my overall experience with this software is based on my daily usage and I can rate it 9/10. No doubts it makes my and our organizations' employees work more efficiently. If someone asked me to use this software, I'll definitely recommend it to them. Because of its analytics, advanced facilities and integration with 3rd parties including many other required features make it highly recommended software in the market of accounting solution software.

Pros

QuickBooks software helps from small to large businesses, companies, and enterprises to manage more efficiently their accounts through the best cloud-based software. Enterprises can easily manage their projects, invoices and other accounting solutions. This Software has a centralized dashboard, it allows users to get more insights into their business swings. This software also helped me much time to see my organizational performance by using QuickBooks Online advanced key performance indicators. Another benefit of using this software that it gives its administrators to assign the chore to the employees for example salespersons and others. Capturing easily digital receipts copies sorting out transactions, tax categories handling and other improved financial operations in this software make me and our organization toughest tasks easier those were never like this before using QuickBooks.

Cons

However, having all these wonderful pros I personally feel some cons of this software being a proficient user. Some of the features for industry types of businesses are not enough just for an example for eCommerce Barcode scanning etc. If I take it out of accounting solution there would be missing some other reports key factors. Sometimes the system crashes happen very rarely but still is a problem.

Judy
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Not User Friendly

I am not at all happy with QuickBooks! Extremely difficult to use and understand. The ONLY reason I have not switched to a different program is because I have a decade's worth of business records in QuickBooks that make it totally unfeasible, if not impossible, to transfer over to a new program. And it seems like QuickBooks raises their rates about once a year. It is absurd the amount of money I'm charged every month, for a program that is so worthless! My recommendation for someone who is shopping around for a bookkeeping program is to find a better one than QuickBooks, before you are like me and have years' worth of business records/transactions in a program that has way too many programming issues and "bugs" and is not user friendly, and are being charged an arm and a leg, and can't get out. And when you do need to contact someone at QuickBooks, yeah, good luck finding a phone number or email (an email address that they will respond to), or being able to communicate with anyone...

Pros

I use QuickBooks to log my services on a daily basis and bill my clients by email. I do like how QuickBooks will automatically update to include my bank transactions and show my bank balance when I log in.

Cons

Where to begin... Very user unfriendly! I have an accounting background, yet even I can't figure out how to use this program. Worst part is, if you ever make a mistake, it's a major headache to try to get a transaction successfully reversed. I have a "mistake" transaction I made about 4 years ago that I simply can't get to reverse, no matter what I try. Because of that, my bank vs. books will never reconcile. There are multiple transactions that will not match when my bank transactions are updated, so I usually have to manually match them or they just hang out there, causing problems when I try to reconcile. Sometimes, a single transaction will appear multiple times, but if I try to delete repeat transactions, it makes my correct balances off. If I delete repeat unmatched transactions, it also deletes the correct matched transactions. Occasionally, I will have one vendor that fits under more than one expense category. But if I change that expense category for that one transaction, it will often then change ALL of that vendor's expense category. At the end of the year, when I am preparing my business books for taxes, I have to go through every single transaction and make sure the category is correct for tax purposes and hasn't been changed by QuickBooks.

Denise
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 07/04/2022

Data Corruption Issues Spoiling a Great Product

I know Quickbooks Enterprise Desktop and it does everything I need to do and more. That part of it is outstanding. The strength, that it is compatible with so many other pieces of software, could also be the weakness, as I think other software accessing my Quickbooks data could be causing the corruption issues I am experiencing.

Pros

I love that Quickbooks is intuitive, works with many other software integrations, every accountant understands it, it is priced well, and easy to use. There is no other accounting software that works with so many different pieces of software. When it is working, it is the best!

Cons

We have had constant data corruption issues for over a year, despite using the Enterprise version of the Quickbooks. Our file size is around 250 MB, which shouldn't be a problem for Enterprise. Many times when I open the program, there are problems with the data. Oddly, I can just close the file and reopen it until my data verification shows no problems with my data. This means every time I open the software I have to check for problems with my data and every time I close the software I have to save a backup, in case I cannot solve the data corruption issues when opening. The only reason I am still using quickbooks, is that I also have an integrated software solution called Scanwriter, that inputs data to quickbooks for me. I have hundreds of invoices and payments on those invoices to enter every month, so I really don't want to lose the automation factor.

There is a Quickbooks file doctor, that you can use to fix your files, but it really shouldn't be needed on a daily basis. The corruption is such that I will occasionally open Quickbooks to find that none of my customers are there. Then I close and reopen the file a few times and everything is fine. Unfortunately, until I figured that out I went about my usual day entering data, only to find the corruption later and have to restore from a backup and re-enter all of that data. When I contacted support, the problem was not evident, so they couldn't do anything to help.

Response from Intuit

We appreciate you leaving a review, Denise. To help solve some of the issues you can turn off the preference that requires a backup and a verification if you don't want it to run every time you open the file. This can be found under File> Backup company> Create local backup. In the Create Backup window select "Options". Here you can select to remind you to make a backup as well as if it runs a verification when it does backup. Should you open the file and see your info is missing we recommend contacting the QuickBooks Desktop Team to help look into resolving the issue. You can find all the methods to contact them here: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/contact-quickbooks-desktop-support/L9d0ZUCrC_US_en_US Hope this helps. -Kristina, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 08/04/2022
Joel
Joel

Reviewed on 23/06/2018

Great overall, but a bit much for beginners and those without accounting experience

Pros

Everything you need comes right out of the box. QuickBooks holds your hand as best it can when setting up a company from scratch. Most novice users with a little bit of accounting experience will appreciate the ease of setup when starting from scratch.

The ability to customize your company is nearly endless. QuickBooks has every feature and function you could ever want in accounting software for a small to medium sized company. The reports are great, the way it can autofill for you almost everywhere, and the home screen is very easy and makes total sense.

I like that QuickBooks is industry standard, so you can find helpful videos, tips, and tricks, all over the internet.

Cons

If you have no accounting experience, you can very easily get lost with QuickBooks. Yes, it does a fairly good job of holding your hand, but many times you have no idea what the next step needs to be and sometimes you just have to guess. Those times are few, but can sometimes be critical (like getting a deposit to show up on your account register after getting paid.)

QuickBooks is not very fast to start and the auto backup on exit function is not intuitive to setup. If you backing up to a drive across your network, count on your exits sometimes taking minutes at a time. QuickBooks does not handle file open, close, and backup requests very quickly. I don't know why it is so slow at those actions, especially across a Gigabit network, but know going in that file operations are slow.

QuickBooks will absolutely HOUND you about buying additional services. I haven't found a way to get rid of those permanently.

Response from Intuit

Hi Joel. For system latency, give the steps at community.intuit.com/articles/1502333 a go. This link is hosted by our Community (https://intuit.me/2rJQ95o), where you can ask questions in a forum and receive answers from QuickBooks reps. Like the article above, you'll also find a wealth of troubleshooting/self-help aids across topics. This is handy when you need to know next steps or have limited accounting knowledge. As another example, this URL tackles adding deposits to the register: community.intuit.com/articles/1583105.

I also encourage you to reach out to chat support on the official Facebook (Intuit QuickBooks) and Twitter (QBCares) the next time you run into a critical issue. I'm optimistic with the provided info, you'll never get lost in QuickBooks again.

Before I forget, I'll dig into removal from the promotional list. When you get a chance, please send me an email at [email protected] with more background on the nature of these ads.

Replied 26/06/2018
S.

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

I have used QuickBooks for years but I don't use the payroll portion of it.

Pros

The best thing about QuickBooks is the speed and ease with which you can reconcile your bank statements. Assuming you keep up to date on entering your checks (and I know that's a big assumption) you can zip thru a bank statement in a matter of minutes. That part of QuickBooks I give 5 giant shiny stars! It's also very easy to categorize your income and expenses. I then use their income and expense reports to complete my corporate tax return each year. Finally, it's fast and easy to enter both income and expenses. The basics are great, but it's not all roses.

Cons

I've got several gripes in the "Cons" department. First, QuickBooks updates a lot! And sometimes you need to pay for those updates because some feature you had in your previous version doesn't work with the new version. I don't want to think about how much I have actually paid for this software over the years! And quite often, all that has changed is the "look and feel" of the software and more often than not the update isn't doing anything new that the previous version didn't do, at least for my needs. Does that sound familiar? I wonder if some of the QuickBooks people have come over from the Microsoft camp and brought their bag of tricks with them. Another issue is the online features... like automatically downloading from your bank accounts or investment accounts. I don't want to do that and would just as soon not have to pay for updates that add or improve those features. A plus is that you can email an invoice to a client and they have the option to pay you on line from that invoice. That's nice, but the charges for that are very high compared to other similar services. Besides using QuickBooks, I have many clients that also use it. Their biggest gripe is the high cost every year of updating the payroll portion of the program, which, in reality, is just updating a few numbers, if any, in the annual tax tables embedded in the program. You should be able to enter those manually and not have to pay a ransom for that "update".