Nutshell Reviews

About Nutshell

Nutshell is an all-in-one CRM and email marketing platform that helps B2B organizations work together to win more deals. Simple enough for any user and sophisticated enough for any business, Nutshell is built for teams who are...

Browse Nutshell Reviews

Greg
Greg

Reviewed on 08/01/2021

Nutshell VS Act

Pros

I was an ACT user for 10+ years and when they went to an cloud solution the product because so slow and crappy I had to make a switch. Testes and used many programs and landed on Nutshell. Great product & great support!

Cons

The process of a lead and a person a little confusing at 1st.

Christine

Reviewed on 05/09/2023

Long Time User

Excellent. They are reachable, option to suggestion, and over the 4 years I have used it they have added many of the features I have asked for; as I'm sure I wasn't the only one requesting them. This demonstrates a company that listens to it's users.

Pros

I was tasked with finding a CRM and did extensive research. I chose Nutshell and have never looked back. This CRM is super user friendly and easy to train sales people who are usually up and running within 30 minutes. This is NOT Salesforce - no degree required to use it! lolI love Nutshell so much, that I recommend it to my other customers who retain me to manage their marketing. I have over 6 customers using Nutshell and they are all happy with the product!

Cons

There are a few features I would like to see added... when "starring" the main contact within the company filed- that information should bleed through to the lead, or at least have the same option available within the lead. That same "starred" contact should move to the 1st place in the contact list.

nicole

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

I don't use a lot of the features, I just simply write notes about customers.

It stores information about my clients. (Though it's not easy to get or use that information later on.)

Pros

I like that's it's web based, and that it can store information about my clients. That's really about it.

Cons

I dislike very much that I cannot search using CTRL + F for stuff on a clients page. I'll have a lot to look though and I'll want to search for a specific word, say "lunch" or "meeting." I cannot search for these words. Instead it just pulls up the search bar for people. Very unuseful for a CRM....

I really hate that when I do search, it rarely finds me what I need, and almost never quickly. It's difficult to find phone numbers, if I search someone's name, it'll pull up everyone's not CLOSE to what I'm search for, but somehow not the specific person....

My daily tasks somehow get clogged by what is in the leads... perhaps there's a way around this, but I haven't found it yet. I can't really rely on tasks or to-dos with Nutshell, so I use Trello for that.

I can mostly use Nutshell for just storing stuff about my clients, and even then finding that information months later is not very easy, frustrating and not very helpful.

Response from Nutshell

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your frustrations about search. I have added this info to my product list and we will discuss it internally. We appreciate you being a Nutshell customer.

Replied 09/05/2017

Top Nutshell Alternatives

Kristina

Reviewed on 08/11/2023

One of the best CRM platforms! User friendly and very engaging for our agency!

Overall I am extremely please with Nutshell! I like how the platform is laid out. The tools used to help are incredible and the agents that work for Nutshell are easily available to chat with 24/7. They have prompt response time and can almost always solve the issue!

Pros

Cons

The base platform doesn't have as many perks as Nutshell Pro, but it has to work for your company. Being in home care industry the Nutshell pro made sense for us!

Reviewed on 03/07/2023

Best Value for the Money; Don't Have to Sacrifice Much; Perfect for small up to medium size co.

I've used Nutshell for 10+ years and I've also got three of my consulting clients to start using it. Everyone is very happy. The biggest challenge is not getting people to use Nutshell, it's getting people to use a CRM at all. It's getting them to stop their chaotic disorganized habits and come together to bring all our critical information into one place. We also just started using it for sales tracking and license renewals and it's turning out to be very functional and flexible for that too.

Pros

Easy and simple to set up and maintain. Very powerful and effective in turning our chaotic spreadsheets and inconsistent behaviors into a well-oiled machine.

Cons

Some of the UI details are not intuitive. We would like more robust forms for capturing leads and customer intent.

Pipeline CRM, SugarCRM, HubSpot Sales Hub and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Nutshell

Nutshell was superior for the money and seemed to have all the tools we needed. Hubspot was much more expensive and seemed much harder to use. We didn't need all the bells and whistles which just made it harder to use.
Rashid
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 15/06/2022

Nutshell product review

I have used a number of different systems including Zoho, Hubspot, Pipedrive. I like Nutshell's flexibility and ease of use.

Pros

Tags - are the most used feature - so I can easily segment lists. The ability to sort with multiple tags. Easy importing from a spreadsheet.

Cons

Having to add a tag into the system BEFORE uploading a contact spreadsheet. If the tag doesn't already exist - the import fails. Which is an extra step and a waste of time.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing Nutshell

Highrise was no longer in development - or being supported.

Reasons for Switching to Nutshell

Price and ease of use. Pipedrive misses a number of features like Tags
Thomas
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

Nutshell gives our business the power to grow in a controlled way.

Pros

Gmail integration. Easy to set up and easy to stay on top of.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike. I did give feedback for improvements and these were listened to and implemented.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Nutshell

Easy to use. The core functionality as a CRM is close to perfect for us.
Conner
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 08/08/2023

Nutshell in a Nutshell

overall we have see an increase to our responses on email marketing

Pros

the product is easy to use. i like the ability to create multiple email campaigns in a little amount of time

Cons

I wish some of the design areas could be more detailed/ more features

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to Nutshell

the usability, and data seemed to be more accurate
Aman Preet
Aman Preet
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 17/02/2023

Pros and cons of Nutshell

Overall experience has been fine and easy going with Nutshell as it provides everything that we required from requirements stand point also mainly about sales pipeline management functionality.

Pros

The most useful feature of Nutshell is the sales pipeline management where it managed every complex and monotonous stage of sales that in turn also provide analytics and reporting functionality for research purpose and presentation for the stakeholders.

Cons

When it comes to documents storage then there are lot of improvement required as the platform involved in holding the document is fishy and complex to deal with.

Copper

Reasons for Choosing Nutshell

Doesn't matched with the current requirements and current budgets that could have passed from the audit team

Freshsales and Zendesk Sell

Henri
Henri

Reviewed on 28/09/2023

Nutshell Review

Pros

It's the perfect alternative to have several emai marketing solutions in a single software package.

Cons

I've only been using it for a relatively short time, so I can't say much about it yet.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 19/05/2017

I've used CRM software on Mac, PC, & midrange IBM systems. Nutshell is at the top of the heap.

It's CRM that actually is liked and used!

Pros

Easy and flexible setup; consistently clear design. Can use basic functions without tripping over the advanced ones, and can gradually add feature/function for a smooth transition from beginner to power user.

I also like the way you have color-keyed the function buttons to the main color on functional screens. A nice visual orientation cue!

Cons

I worked full-time in the design profession for 17 years, so this is a 'studied' critique:
There is a lot of market pressure for tech products to follow design trends. Unfortunately, design trends often are based on designers designing for other designers -- which tends to leave certain kinds of user needs out in the cold. One of the most common of these 'orphaned' needs is the need for contrast and clarity. Nutshell's UI gets high marks in my book for uncluttered design and common-sense functionality. But as people get older, it gradually becomes harder to distinguish low-contrast elements in a design. Contrast (and color, of course) also can be used (and is used to a degree in Nutshell) to 'lead the eye to where the action is. ' My suggestions for improving the main user screen are these:
1) Search Everything is, by definition, a key feature -- it should have a STRONG presence, instead of looking almost greyed-out.
2) Use bolder and slightly larger text throughout. To a degree, weight and size will compensate for lack of contrast -- and without cluttering the layout.

Response from Nutshell

Hi Mark!

Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback. We appreciate the positive review and will pass along the feedback to our design team. Thanks for being part of the Nutshell community.

Replied 30/05/2017

Reviewed on 24/05/2021

Everything your business needs in a Nutshell!

Nutshell has proved to be a great tool for managing our customers along with our sales efforts. Having one centralized tool for each team has made transitions, upsells, and growth very simple and organic within our organization. Our Account Executives have been able to stay apprised to all that is happening with their accounts and thus enabling them to ensure their needs are being met and that opportunities for new products are being presented. This product keeps you accountable to your most valuable resource, your customers.

Pros

My favorite thing about this software was its mobile interface through the iOS app. Having your CRM in the palm of your hand proved to be incredibly powerful for me. My role is inside sales and account management thus this tool was mostly used while traveling and in route to meet with clients. It was a huge leg up in my ability to prepare, research and plan on the go. Absolutely love it. All of my most important data in a very easy to access format.

Cons

The application was great to catalog your inbound contacts through integrations with Gmail. One thing I did not like was that I encountered quite a bit of duplication. It resulted in some manual management of my data to ensure my accounts remained clean and that duplication did not occur and or was reconciled. The system was great to pick up all of this data and to store it but it does need to be something that you keep tabs on and are accountable to manage on a regular cadence.

Elisabeth
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 10/08/2023

A good tool for small businesses

Good overall experience

Pros

1- friendly2- relatively fast training compared to other softwares

Cons

1- some parameters are difficult to customize (e.g. linking the lead to an invoice, linking the lead to a ''priority'' criterion, etc.)2- Nutshell sees the enterprise admin as a user (who needs to pay) while it just adds new users and gives them proper access and data backup. It's not really fair.

Robert

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Good for most; Doesn't seem to handle recurring/subscription revenue well

Better tracking of our forecast and contacts.

Pros

UI is getting much better in general, and the software has always been quite reliable (rarely down or broken).

Cons

1. Can't duplicate leads (we have customers that renew annually - I have to create new leads with all of the information each time)
2. Can't type an actual date in (must pick it) - every time I create a new lead for an annual subscription in the future, I have to click 12 times to get to the right month. Doing this for 20-30 leads makes my hand want to fall off
3. Hard to add future subscription leads - if we sell a monthly subscription for our product, we have to manually create 12 leads each year. Very time-consuming.
4. Editing contacts should be possible in-line. You can add emails/phone, but changing title and other items require you to leave the lead and go to the full contact form.
5. I preferred the older 'create lead' form which was the full page. The new one is less productive because you have to fill it out, then go the full page version and finish all of the items that were missing in the pop-up version.
6. Pro version cost. We don't need anything from Pro except the funnel report for only one user. To get that it would require all users going pro and increasing our cost by 4x which isn't possible.

Response from Nutshell

Thanks for the feedback Robert. We've had a few customers, like you, ask about the possibility of splitting users between the Standard and Pro versions. It's something we are seriously looking into and will be asking more of our customers if this is important to them.

Frank

Replied 12/05/2017
Iqbal

Reviewed on 08/08/2023

Great Value

Since we were using Pipedrive for Intake and sales. We used Nutshell for opreational managemennt which was also comparable tot he activities fo inside sales. It was fun, intuitive, easy to use.

Pros

It is similar to Pipedrive but has more features specific and beneficial.

Cons

We could not do task lists that were shared.

Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to Nutshell

We did not choose over, we supplemented
Vince

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Over all it has been great to use, have had some issues with freezing when switching from...

Pros

Easy to set appointments and track who I have talked with and what we talked about and set follow up calls/appointments. The reports are a good tool for staying on track with my efforts/results. I've only had one experience with customer support but when I did they responded very quickly and had me back working in a very reasonable amount of time.

Cons

For what I use the software for there really are not any cons. I am an end user so I primarily use it for setting/following up/tracking my daily calls and contacts. I guess on the computer side the only negative I would say is the search engine is very fickle, sometimes you can put in specific words and you get some crazy thing that has nothing to do with the company or person your looking for and then you can misspell what your looking for and get exactly what you want.

I will say that the app for my HTC phone is somewhat lacking. I can set appointments just fine and log calls/emails but the searching for a certain person or company is very very limited

Response from Nutshell

Hi Vince,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. The search function is on our list to investigate and we are definitely working on the mobile app.

Thanks for being a part of the Nutshell community.

Joshua
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Look forward daily toward using nutshell, since I've been able to make it work for me...

many successful placements!

Pros

First and foremost, nutshell has a #1 Customer Service Team! This, in my opinion, is the sole driving force toward effective sales on the part of its users, regardless of the platform/system being used. Then I would add a few other benefits; 1. lead page shows important info all at one glance, 2. availability to search everything (albeit, excluding info logged in the activities section by each individual user), 3. fast input of info when saving info, and many other specific features you've built into the nutshell system.

Cons

why not build an automatic clock, showing the time the caller is calling into lead location, maybe next to a number lead. additionally, you would raise the value of your product substantially if you were to build a functionality that allowed a search of the words in the activities (message) section of your lead page. this would allow users an ability to quickly zero in on valuable leads based on previous messages noted. just think when users leave or when their leads are reassigned to different users, how valuable a tool that would be to follow up on hot leads that need to be brought to a close.

Brian

Reviewed on 07/05/2017

Like the simplicity. Most improvements recently have added complexity but little benefit for...

Pros

Ease of use for a small business with a few people doing sales work. We didn't need all of the bells and whistles of Salesforce at the cost of complexity. As of a few years ago, you had plugged most of the holes that we cared about. Since then, new functionality or major new rewrites have either added complexity or relearning with little apparent benefit. I understand the need to do some of this but I hope you don't become Salesforce.

Cons

The LinkedIn connection is really important for us. It was a big relief when that came back. Also, the loss of historical record of communication for a Contact when you delete an old email is problematic. We are forced to retain all of these old emails and this can create confusion.

Response from Nutshell

Hey Brian,

Thank you so much for your feedback. We have no intention of becoming Salesforce and take your feedback very seriously. Our goal is ease of use for SMB's. We hope you will be able to quickly benefit from our changes and improvements.

Replied 14/05/2017
Frederik
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

User friendly, modern features, good integration with 3rd party apps

Full control of Sales activities and revenue pipeline in the whole company. For the Sales Manager's they can easy follow their team and individuals performance with just a click on a button really.

Pros

The main "pro" is the price. Not only it is cheaper compared to 20+ other CRMs I compared before deciding, it is also flexible to go either for Monthly or Annual payment. I can easily add and delete users without any paperwork.

Cons

Forecast tool (not flexible for setting up team, currencies, product, week/month split). This has made me totally avoid the forecast and budget (KPIs) feature, which is a shame as the new Sales Report is a step in the right direction. Hopefully the Forecast settings can be more flexible as well, then Nutshell will become a 5 star CRM Software.

Response from Nutshell

Hi Frederik,

We appreciate your feedback and are very happy you are pleased with the pricing options. I have added your forecast flexibility feedback to my list and will discuss internally with our team to see how best to address.

Replied 09/05/2017
Brian
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Great product for my team!

Pros

Setting up and importing our current customer information was easy. Once you wrap your head around the Nutshell way of doing things, you can easily manage a large database of customers.

Cons

Nutshell does not integrate easily with WooCommerce which leads to using third-party plugins that are limited due to NutShell API.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Ease of use
Susan
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Great for phone numbers and address's but it doesn't match our previous data base - "Maximizer"

Still waiting to see for the most part - It is a good software to manage people on their calling the customer. Easy Spying on daily use. Glad we are a micro company, can't imagine using Nutshell for 1000 employees

Pros

It's an easy software to learn, but Pro is too short because there just aren't any real pro's for our use, but to change would be a nightmare, so we continue in hopes to see improvement.

Cons

Would be nice if you could see the "Owner" of the account on the lead no matter who starts the lead - It's constant going back and forth when you have to pay people by commission sales. The search engine could be improved to pickup on Not Exact entries.
It would be nice to see "ALL" the notes regardless if your in a lead or on the main page.

Response from Nutshell

Hi Susan,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. The items you mention below are on our list to address.
We appreciate you being a part of the Nutshell family.

Lyle

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Nutshell has features I like, but there are serious limitations to aspects of the product.

Ease of phone calling from the Nutshell App. Tracking of opened emails sent from Nutshell. Ease of access to Customer data through the search function.

Pros

The phone App is fairly strong. That I can call and have calls tracked from my phone App. That I know when an email I have sent through Nutshell is opened. There is quick and easy access to all Companies, People and Leads through the search function. That there is a reasonable degree of customization that can occur with Nutshell.

Cons

I am very disappointed that Nutshell does not integrate with my Google contacts as this requires me to double entry contacts, arg. I am also very disappointed in the non existent formatting within Nutshell email. In order for me to track whether an email is opened, I have to send it via Nutshell, hence I lose all ability to format good emails.

Response from Nutshell

Thanks for your feedback Lyle. We're happy that you like the phone app.

We have placed the deeper integration with Google contacts on our development roadmap to be included in a future release.

Frank

Replied 12/05/2017
Bethany
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

This software is easy to use. I love that I can track every client from computer or phone.

Pros

This software is easy to use! I didn't have any clue what "CRM" was, and many of the programs I was looking at required a business background to decode the user manual. Nutshell was intuitive. Knowing how to use my I-Phone and Facebook seemed to be the only background I needed to get started! I have all my clients in Nutshell now. I track what they buy, what classes they take through our company, and what they are likely to buy next. I send e-mails to clients every time they order that are customized to tell them what to buy next. All of this was easy to set up through the Nutshell software!

Cons

The only thing I would consider adding to Nutshell is a place to list what they purchased and a place to list what training they have received (other than in notes).

Response from Nutshell

Bethany,

I'm so glad to hear that you've had such a wonderful experience with Nutshell. Our team works very hard to create an enjoyable and intuitive software experience.

Best,

Asya

Alice

We have used Nutshell to keep track of our contacts & leads since around 2013

Pros

- Straightforward interface; easy to train new people
- The ability to import emails via "[email protected]" to keep track of conversations and relationships across many offices
- Easy to bulk upload or update contacts or companies with tags
- Thoughtful reports
- Generally responsive customer support team
- The 'merge duplicates' feature is very helpful

Cons

- We have leads open in 2+ currencies and for a while now, the reports have not been converting the amounts into one estimated total in a single currency correctly -- therefore, instead of using the (nice!) built in reports, I am still having to export all the data and do the conversion myself and create the reports again in Excel. If this bug were fixed we would definitely use the reporting feature more often!

Eloise
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Most of the features work well. A few lacks are quite frustrating to my work.

Good tracking of process and progress on individual contacts or leads.

Pros

I like the ease of navigation, and the timeline for each lead page. The template portion is a real time-saver and help.

Cons

The leads list is very frustrating. If I want to follow up on my leads, I want to know how many emails only I have sent. I don't need to know the total emails that includes what others have sent. Now I have to open the lead page to see what and how many emails I have sent to that lead. It is especially time-consuming, as it prevents me from doing a group/mass email, not knowing what kind of email has previously been sent out by me. Also, when I click on "send an email" it would be helpful if all the email addresses for that one lead were automatically included. Also, make all the email addresses visible on the sidebar without having to hover over the blue people card.

Response from Nutshell

Hi Eloise,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide us feedback. A customer service representative will contact you directly to assist with you leads and lists that you describe below. I am certain we can figure out a workable solution for you. Thank you for being a part of the Nutshell community.

Replied 14/05/2017