3CX Reviews

About 3CX

3CX Phone System is an open standards communications solution, suitable for any sized business that wants all the features of an advanced contact center at a fraction of the cost. 3CX can take your business communications to the...

4.1

Browse 3CX Reviews

Christoph
Christoph
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

3CX offers everything you need for low budget

well it is a phone system. We use 3CX to talk to our customers, we use it as webconference solution and we use it as a very lowlevel slack alternative.

Pros

3CX is a solid voip solution that offers all the features and functionality an ordinary team or company needs. Installation and maintenance is simple. The webclient is getting better and better with every version. Speaking quality is great if you use the right codecs or hard phones.
We love 3CX and use this pbx since many years.

Cons

There is no documented API. Either something is supported or not. There is no possibility to get individual implementations.

Response from 3CX

Hi Christoph. Thank you so much for your detailed review. We are happy to hear that you are happy with 3CX over the years!
Currently the only Public API that we have is for our WebMeeting Platform: https://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/video-conference-rest-api/
We do plan in the future to also have another REST API that would allow to perform more actions directly related to the calls and 3CX Server, but at the time of writing, this has yet to be released.

Replied 18/10/2021
Cliff Ian
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 18/07/2022

3cX for your call center and VoIP needs

Overall, I have no complaints on 3CX as we are very satisfied.

Pros

I love all the features of 3CX. I love how easy you can set it up, you can find the calls logs and recordings, plus it has a very comprehensive dashboard. Also, when we reach out to them to increase our accounts SC (concurrent calls), they are very responsive as they have a local partner from where I'm from and it was solved immediately.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about 3CX is the provisioning of the softphone as in our setup, people come and go, and we need to provision whenever there's a new employee who'll use it. I think it's better if 3CX can have the login/logout functionality on the desktop app instead of provisioning every time. But it is really negligible and not a deal breaker at all.

VICIdial

Reasons for Choosing 3CX

Freepbx for me is very hassle to setup as it is asterisk based and Dialfire is very laggy on our side.

Dialfire

Reasons for Switching to 3CX

VitalPBX is much more expensive on our current setup and we are not comfortable on using Asterisk based system yet. Also vicidial, it's a great software yet we don't really like the design of the app as it looks outdated.

Response from 3CX

Hi Cliff and thank you so much for taking the time to review 3CX! We are so glad to hear that you love the ease of setting up 3CX and all the great features offered!

Replied 03/08/2022
Bridget
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 04/12/2023

Why change what isn't broken

Pros

It is handy to have my business line call and record calls while using my cell phone. I prefer to not give my cell phone number out to customers so by calling from the app on my phone, customers do not know that I am not at my desk.

Cons

The app for my desktop changed a few years back and is now huge. It is not very convenient to leave up on the desktop anymore as it covers a large majority of my icons. When the change happened, we also were not able to use our busy light feature anymore.

Response from 3CX

Hello Bridget,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you highlighting the benefits of using the mobile app for business calls.

Regarding the desktop app, we understand your concern about its size. Visual changes often accompany system updates as the software evolves.

We now offer a Windows softphone, which might be a more suitable option for you. You can find more information about the Windows softphone at https://www.3cx.com/user-manual/windows-softphone-app/.

If you have any further questions please reach out to 3CX Customer Service team via Live Chat bubble found on our website and they will be happy to answer your questions.

Replied 15/12/2023

Top 3CX Alternatives

Riccardo
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 24/03/2024

Best VoIP solution out there

Pros

Complete and powerful all-in-one solution for VoIP calls

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app loses the configuration if you don’t use it for a while and it needs to be re-opened to make it work again

Response from 3CX

Hello Riccardo! Thank you for your 5-star review and for sharing your positive view of 3CX as the best VoIP solution! We're happy to hear you are enjoying 3CX as a powerful all-in-one solution for your VoIP calling.

Replied 27/03/2024
Andreas
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 05/07/2022

phonesystems do still excist and usability ontop

3cx is small or big companies the best option possible also customers not wanting to use cloud telephony 3cx still provides option to have on-prem solution

Pros

full featured phone system with no extra costs. possibility to have cloud deployed, private cloud or even on-premise!

Cons

some features are still in beta but they are already active and communication when issues rice is closely followed by support to have them asap out of beta.

RingEX and Zoom Workplace

to many bugs and price

Skype

Reasons for Switching to 3CX

for calling 3cx and in full lockdown and performance issues with 3cx we went for zoom for the online meetings

Response from 3CX

Hello Andreas! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with 3CX. We're delighted to hear you found 3CX to be of great use for your business during the lockdown.

Replied 11/07/2022
Matthew

Reviewed on 10/01/2020

3CX - The Softphone that works

The day to day operation is more streamlined and at a management level, it helps keep track of those taking calls on out various teams. It also allows us to be away from our offices but take the mobile app with us and get our VM's via email... all positives and allows us to be more attentive.

Pros

3CX has made it easier to maintain our calling network and allows us to bring its features outside of the office which aids in our day to day. The phone dial pad it self is very user friendly and the software it self has a very ease of use feel to it.

As a manager it is nice to view, listen and transfer my teams calls on the fly - the logging system also allows me to keep track of activity within my teams.

Cons

Not a ton of cons to be honest, there are some issues of delays from when you ask for a function (click delay) like looking up a contact from the address book and clicking to call the contact, sometimes there is a bit of a delay.
The product could use a bit of a refresh look, but overall the ease of use and user friendly Softphone does hit it's marks.

Cisco Jabber

Reasons for Switching to 3CX

As I understand it, it was about the features available and overall value of the product we were getting - the user interface were also big reasons.

Response from 3CX

Thank you for your feedback. We are delighted that 3CX is proving to be a useful tool in your organisation.

Replied 15/01/2020
Simone
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 07/11/2022

Call me.......The best phone system

The transfer (number port) from our old company was extremely smooth and hassle free, the business wasn't impacted at all.

Pros

The phone system appears to be reliable, and the new handsets we had installed, are very easy to use, with features such as touch screen and one button voicemail (no typing in a sequence of numbers) The display is large, and you can automatically see who is "speaking" as their name appears in red on the screen. The touch screen display can show in excess of 25 extensions numbers at a touch, no more entering extension numbers.I am also really pleased with the reports I can generate, such as the calls each employee has taken in a day, all sent via email at a time specified by you, and so easy to set up.The administration features, such as setting bank holidays, Christmas day is so much more user friendly than my old system.So far, I am very impressed, there are features I haven't even explored yet.

Cons

One major issue we found was, you cannot rewind the voicemail by seconds, you can only skip to the beginning. We have very large orders left on the voicemails, and we need to be able to jump back to hear one product. You can log on via your PC, however for us this isn't the best option.We have added a ticket and hope the feature can be included.

Response from 3CX

Hi Simone, thank you for your wonderful review! It's great to see that you have had a positive experience so far in such a short time! We also appreciate your feedback and your raised ticket will be reviewed.

Replied 10/11/2022
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

Best Value for VoIP and Web Conferencing

Pros

It was inexpensive, there are local experts, easy to setup, and their new features continue to improve an already great platform

Cons

It's less known so it can be confusing to employees or external participant

Cisco Unified Communications Manager

Reasons for Choosing 3CX

We were using an old traditional phone system and needed to upgrade to a VoIP system.

Reasons for Switching to 3CX

initially we chose 3CX because of the price and local experts.

Replied 13/11/2019
Thilina
Thilina
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 21/07/2023

A Seamless Communication Solution: 3CX Software Review

3CX has been an invaluable asset for our team. Its user-friendly interface, unified communication features, and rich functionality have transformed the way we collaborate and interact with clients. The reliability and cost-effectiveness of the system make it a top choice for our call centre's day-to-day work. I highly recommend giving 3CX a try.

Pros

With 3CX, everything is unified under one roof. We can make and receive calls, send messages, and hold video conferences seamlessly. The software also integrates smoothly with Microsoft 365, which has significantly improved our team's efficiency.

Cons

3CX relies on a stable internet connection. Even the slightest change will impact your experience. Compared to the previous software we had, this is an ongoing issue we're still trying to find a solution to.

Response from 3CX

Hi Thilina, and thank you so much for taking the time to review 3CX! We really appreciate your kind words. We are glad to hear that 3CX has been an invaluable asset for you and your team!

Replied 24/07/2023

Reviewed on 04/03/2024

Pros

Low cost, easy to setup and works great for medium - small businesses. Haven't personally setup for any large companies.

Cons

Using VoIP is great but quality can be bad if your internet is not stable.

Response from 3CX

Hi Jessica! Thank you for your positive review! We're glad to hear that you find our product cost-effective and easy to set up for medium to small businesses. We understand that VoIP quality can depend on internet stability. For optimal performance, a stable and strong internet connection is recommended.

Replied 06/03/2024
Dar
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 10/03/2016

Finally found something we can rely on.

Pros

We have been using 3CX Phone System Professional Edition for almost 3 years now. After a series of non-starter with other brand name phone systems we stumbled across 3CX. We were initially turned off that it was Windows based however this has turned out to be a HUGE benefit. Not only can we use are existing utilities and subscriptions to do backups, screen sharing, maintenance, etc, but our employees were immediately comfortable making changes and other maintenance.

3CX Phone System has features like Web Conferencing, built in screen sharing, free smart phone applications that were not initially a buying consideration for us but have become some of the most valuable and powerful parts of 3CX - and they continue to improve and release more of these valuable feature rich tools - at no additional cost.

The licensing model is unique from any other phone system we've used. 3CX is licensed based on Simultaneous calls rather than total extension or lines. While the pricing is very good, its particularly good for larger offices or public spaces where extra phones are required in places they will receive little use. Other systems require you to pay full license cost for these low use phones but with 3CX, there is no extra cost.

Cons

I've noticed they are too innovative. Where most other phone system are quite stagnate and only release bug fixes, 3CX regularily release new features and is constantly improving capabilities. We have been seeing at least 2 service packs a year, each which represents leaps forward in features and capabilities. They can be ignored, though we've invested into learning and building on them

Keth

Reviewed on 15/08/2017

A lot of bang for the buck, easy to setup, easy to admin.

The ability to easily setup phones and manage the PBX, things like doing a scheduled backups, can easily restore a backup if needed, ability to manage calls, extensions, users, etc. Setting up routing, hunt groups, setting up extension groups, setting up open/closed schedules, voicemail, conferencing, web conferencing, and the list goes on. The product is quite intuitive as well.

Pros

I'm new to the world of telecommunication, UM, PBX's, networking, etc., yet with this product I have been able to figure out how to setup/configure the 3CX PBX. They have put a lot of thought into the functionality and features which means we can now manage the PBX and any changes needed as to having to call the support vendor so they can remote in and do the changes. I also like how they have a lot of online training videos and documentation to help lay the foundation regarding what it will take to setup and install a 3CX PBX. 3CX also includes a lot "stuff" for free that many other vendors charge for, for example our past vendor changed for IP licenses, and softphone licenses, and port licenses... nickel and dimed until broke. Yet 3CX doesn't do this, product includes web phone manager interface if you wish to use it, includes a softphone, includes faxing, includes webconferencing, includes voicemail which used to require a totally separate server from your PBX because the big name vendors want you to spend more.

Cons

So far not too many cons, still new to it and doing testing so there could be some limitations that are discovered later on. I'm guessing one limitation might be interfacing w/an existing call-routing tool we have at one of our building locations. A really small con, some of the free training videos could be improved, audio quality, but otherwise nothing currently stands out.

Sam

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

3CX Phone for Windows - EndUser review

This system is pretty reliable from my end user perspective. The voice mails come to my inbox quickly which is nice. I would recommend this to anyone with a business of the size where I work, we have around 80 employees.

Pros

3CX is easy to operate for me as I am an end user. I receive calls that are transferred to me and I rarely get any complaints that the call didn't make it to me or was dropped in the process. It is also easy to transfer calls to other people or call out by just typing the first couple of letters in the person's name. I can choose their extension or their cell phone if they are listed in our directory.

Cons

I have to restart the software from time to time because it will stop working. I also have some issues with the log of incoming and outgoing calls. I would like to be able to call someone right back if they just called and I don't have their phone number. Some calls are remembered and some are not, it seems random. I can see the number as it comes in but if I need to call that person back sometimes their number doesn't remain in the log, I do not know why.

Jeffrey
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 09/01/2020

3cx

Great, ease of use, cost savings and mobility is the ticket in the modern world

Pros

Works awesome for busy people of of the office who can't be tied to a phone. The app is the most intuitive I have seen, i have been doing phone work for years and whish it was around a long time ago

Cons

The new app is missing some features of the old app that was handy like exit&ignore push. I figured a workaround but it also changed the status on your desk phone

MiVoice Business Solution

Response from 3CX

Thank you for your positive feedback. Regarding the exit without push, you can either long press on the account and click "deactivate" or you can check this link https://www.3cx.com/docs/android-app-faq/#h.lcteeu5yq5kd which allows you to perform a one-time configuration that configures 1 status with push enabled and another "Available" Status but this time with push disabled. So when you want to perform the "Exit without push" in the new app, you simply toggle to the profile status that has push disabled.

Replied 10/01/2020
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 30/08/2023

Great for call center management

Overall this is a great software program for any company that gets a high volume of calls

Pros

I like that you can set your status , and that it shows if you are on the phone, if you have a voicemail, etc.

Cons

I will say this system was a lot harder for the older generation employees to train on. For other people it was intuitive.

Response from 3CX

Hi Jessica! Thank you for your positive feedback on 3CX! We are glad to hear that 3CX has helped you effectively manage your call center.

Regarding training, 3CX offers a Certification Program that equips you with all the tools and knowledge necessary for deploying and managing a 3CX Communications System.

Also, there's always the option to reach out to our Customer Service team for assistance via the Live Chat bubble found on www.3cx.com or by email at [email protected].

Replied 06/09/2023
Vikram
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 02/03/2023

Improve communication and collaboration with 3CX

Overall, I would highly recommend 3CX to businesses of all sizes looking for a powerful and feature-rich business phone system.

Pros

The 3CX software offers a range of advanced features such as call recording, video conferencing, and CRM integration, making it a comprehensive solution for businesses of all sizes.

Cons

3CX may be too complex for smaller businesses or those with limited IT resources and some users may find the initial setup and configuration process to be challenging.

Response from 3CX

Thank you so much for your review of 3CX! We're delighted to hear that you found our system to be a comprehensive solution for businesses of all sizes, with advanced features like call recording, video conferencing, and CRM integration.

We appreciate your feedback regarding the initial setup and configuration process. Our team is constantly looking for ways to improve and make the process easier for our customers, particularly for those with limited IT resources. That's why we were excited to introduce you to 3CX StartUP earlier last year, a simpler version of our product that's perfect for smaller businesses! It offers all the basic features you need, with a setup process that is as easy as it can get!

We're glad that you would highly recommend 3CX to other businesses, and we're proud to have you as a satisfied customer. Thank you for choosing 3CX!

Replied 11/04/2023
Panagiotis
Panagiotis
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

PBX For the masses

Communications for small inbound call centres, bussiness communications, remote workers extensions.

Pros

Easy of use.
Easy to administer.
Easy to setup.
Great documantation.
Phenomenal integration with the client both on CTI and softphone modes.
Out of the box adequate integrations with popoular3rd party software.

Cons

Lack of features.
A lot of unnesesary changes from version to version.
License model is unstable changes almost every other month.
Tool for creating complex senarios apart that it doesnt follow the PBX updates is a joke.
Lack of outbound fax solution

Response from 3CX

Your feedback is very important for us to improve on in future builds.

Replied 13/11/2019

Reviewed on 06/05/2016

3CX Phone System - Kinetix, Platinum 3CX Partner

Pros

Feature/Functionality matches up to any competitive solution.The fact that you have "Standard" or "Professional" as your purchasing options makes the decision simple. And, when you choose one or the other, there are no other "Ala Carte" options. You get what you get. No "extras" that end up being tacked on at the end of the sales cycle. The 3CX Phone System system simply works. The "hybrid" capabilities between Analog, SIP and PRI/MPLS are a great way to introduce either redundancy, least cost call routing and to provide for future changes/expansion/growth.

Buy what you need for the next few years. You do not want to limit yourself to what you need today, then need to upgrade the license count within a year or two. The upgrade path would suggest purchasing the upgrade up front will cost much less. For example, a 16SC License can be purchased today, and to upgrade later to a 32SC License will cost the initial purchase of the 16SC License, AND 80% of the 32SC License.

Cons

Would be great to see the ability to break office hours down beyond single days. For example, we have clients that have standing meetings on Monday from 11:00a to 12:00p.

Rachel

Reviewed on 04/01/2023

Simple and easy to use

Pros

The interface is easy to you. It's useful to have a chat function too. Option of an app which is good when you're on the move

Cons

Relatively basic software, I'm not aware of many additional features. The interface, although easy to use, is quite basic looking. It could look slightly more modern.

Response from 3CX

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback about 3CX. We're thrilled to hear that you find 3CX's interface easy to use, with the added benefit of a chat function, and appreciate the convenience of our app when you're on the move.

We also appreciate your feedback about the perceived simplicity of our software and interface. Our team is always working to improve and add new features to our system, and we'll take your feedback into consideration as we continue to make updates.

Replied 11/04/2023
Priyanka
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 13/04/2023

3CX review

It is a great tool to have as it provides the recording and data so it is good overall.

Pros

It can record your calls, transfer the call and you can search for the numbers available on your system as well.

Cons

It has issues that are resolvable, sometimes it doesn't work even if you have a good internet connection or the voice breaks a lot sometimes.

Response from 3CX

Hi Priyanka, thank you for reviewing 3CX. It's good to hear you value the call recording, transferring, and number search features. In regards to connectivity and voice quality issues, we suggest contacting a local 3CX Partner for expert assistance if these arise again. It's good to know that overall, you find 3CX a beneficial tool. Thanks for your feedback and for using 3CX!

Replied 09/01/2024
Lana

Reviewed on 26/01/2024

My opinion

It helps make my work day easier. It provides excellent connectivity and support if any issue arises

Pros

3CX is very easy to use. Installation and maintenance is simple.

Cons

3CX often needs to restart. Also, as it is a call through Internet it will need a good internet service.

Response from 3CX

Hello Lana! We're glad to hear you find 3CX easy to use, with simple installation and maintenance. It's great to know that 3CX helps make your workday easier and provides reliable connectivity and support. Thanks for using 3CX! :)

Replied 29/01/2024
Taylor
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

3cx review

Overall it has been a nice upgrade from the shoretel system. I experience issues with the app quite often, but the desktop/computer application and desk phones work great.

Pros

With the ability to add the app to my cell phone, the program running on my computer and having a desk phone linked, it is super easy to receive and make phone calls.

Cons

I wish that the software had a texting feature. There is a messenger feature that can be used between users, but text messages can't be sent which would be a huge plus for users that don't have company provided cell phones and don't want to give out their personal phone numbers.

Response from 3CX

Thank you for your feedback. We are actively working on adding a texting feature. Will be available soon.

Replied 12/03/2020
Jimmi
Jimmi
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 16/04/2018

Great software that allows for above average PBX solutions that make communication efficient.

Cost efficiency on international and local calls

Pros

Its communication medium (the internet) makes it easy for people to communicate despite geographical obstacles and the best thing is it doesn't charge for call roaming costs all you need is access to the internet and the software.
The features such as conferencing, webinars, call centers , chat and voice mail allows for individuals or companies to operate seamlessly despite different geographical locations.
Support from the manufacturer is simply outstanding as there knowledge base and support team go the extra mile to help you.

Cons

To get the licensed vendor partnership take a while but its worth it in the end.
The limitations to making multiple outbound calls through one gateway makes becomes frustrating when 2 or more people try it at the same time.

Kevin
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

Telephone System Game Changer

Fantastic product, we left Mitel for 3CX and have never looked back.
Highly recommend it and would dare anyone to copy us.

Pros

Depending on the options available and including engineer costs we found 3CX to be 60-70% cheaper than the likes of Mitel, Avaya, Alcatel and the like.

It does everything that they can do and has open connectivity with open\transparent licensing , so the more you use or the larger your business the more you will save.

Cons

3CX can be installed by anyone and some seem to think it is as easy as click, click click, the only bad thing is that you need to ensure that your partner is experienced and has completed large 3CX projects successfully.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

All in one place!

All in all a great program to utilize features that phones have. Other switchboards in the past that I have used had very little functionality and not the useful features that 3CX has.

Pros

-Everything about your phone communication is in one place. You can do web meetings, check your voicemail, see who all is on the phone or away at lunch. You can organize your day with your coworkers.
-It's on apps that you can put on your phone if you can be at your desk or if you can't take 20 minutes trying to figure out how to forward your calls to your cell on the phone itself.

Cons

-You have to know what clicking on certain things mean. In other words, don't accidentally click on a coworker's box if you do not mean to call them. I have been there a few times.

Response from 3CX

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad 3CX is proving to be useful for your business

Replied 09/12/2019