About Capsule

Capsule from Zestia is a cloud-based CRM application that enables small and midsize organizations to keep track of the people and organizations they do business with, along with their interactions and opportunities in the sales...

Browse Capsule Reviews

Rebecca H. Rebecca H.

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Capsule Review

Pros

Very easy to set up
Easy and intuitive to use
It is flexible enough so that it can be moulded around a requirement or purpose, even if that function isn't immediately obvious.
The support staff are great at coming up with solutions and work arounds
Support staff are very quick to respond.
The close links with Mailchimp and Zapier are great and really easy to merge different systems.

Cons

You can't 'drag and drop' documents from the system to emails.
There's no 'pre-opportunity' stage - i.e. no way of registering an interest in a product (linking a client and product or organisation) without it being a formal 'opportunity' - there needs to be a 'pre-opportunity' facility to ease admin in the system.
There's no way of retaining a record of a meeting in the calendar.
There's no one to stand behind my husband and remind him to record notes in the system! :-)

Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Capsule

it worked better for our requirements, customer support was personal and significantly better and the price was better.

Response from Zestia

Hi Rebecca,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for your review - I'll be sure to pass on your feedback to our team. As for the pre-opportunity problem, you could use a Case for that and then you can link that case to an Opportunity if it does move into the pipeline. That way you can have a clear record of it, but it isn't impacting conversion rates or anything like that. You can read more about Cases here:
https://capsulecrm.com/support/projects-and-events/understanding-cases/. While you can't see your past tasks in the Calendar, you can go to the task list view and filter for completed tasks. Here you'll be able to see a list of everything that's been completed. While we can't put someone behind your husband and nudge him - you could set up a task for a certain time each day that recurs every week (5 recurring tasks), basically just as a prod to remind him to add notes? I hope that gives you some tips and if you need any extra support you can always reach out to us.

Replied 16/10/2020
Beth L. Beth L.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Best in Class CRM

I originally acquired Capsule to keep track of customers, potential customers, task management, and event management for a coaching and education business. I continue to track coaching clients in the software, but now I primarily use it for event and task management for a grassroots nonprofit.

Pros

Capsule is a CRM system that delivers excellent support for a small cost. It is more customizable and has more features and greater ease of use than others in its price range. It was fairly easy to set up, customize, and learn using the provided guides and the responsive customer service team. It easily supports tracking of all actions related to an entity in one place. It has a number of built-in APIs for integration with email marketing tools and other applications. I really appreciate the task tracking, the ability to track potential customers through a customizable sales funnel, and the capacity for creating cases for tracking interactions with related to a particular person, organization, or project. I also like the ease with which I can create my own "tracks" for processes that I often repeat.

Cons

The things I would want in a CRM application that are not present in Capsule are all things for which I would expect to spend more money. For example, if I were to spend more money on a CRM, I would look for one that includes volunteer sign up forms and the ability for donors to manage their own profiles and track their own donations. It is a pretty simple tool, but again, very robust for the price.

Best fit for our needs
Dolan E. Dolan E.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

Capsule Feedback

Not a bad system for the price we are paying.

Pros

Fairly easy to use along with the cheap cost

Cons

The integration with Quickbooks is not the best to be honest. We have had to disable the interaction as it was changing the records we had originally set up in Quickbooks. Also was not a simple click of a button to see the previous sales, you have to continuously sign into quickbooks when you want to see records, a bit pointless really.

Response from Zestia

Hi Dolan,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're glad you're finding Capsule easy to use and good value for money. Sorry to hear that our QuickBooks integration isn't quite what you expected. When setting up the integration any information in Capsule and QuickBooks should match otherwise Capsule would overwrite any differences. After that, the integration will push any changes in Capsule to QuickBooks as it treats Capsule as the source of truth so it's best to always make changes in Capsule. As long as you are logged into QuickBooks the link to open in QuickBooks will work. This is so that Capsule users who aren't QuickBooks users can't click through and access all the data in your QuickBooks account. If you'd like any more help or support with QuickBooks or Capsule in general our support team are always happy to help. You can reach them at [email protected]

Replied 13/04/2021

Top Capsule Alternatives

Christopher R. Christopher R.

Reviewed on 22/01/2021

Capsule is the most efficient CRM available

I use 17+ systems (one for each client) and it makes it so easy to track progress

Pros

Ease of use in tracking conversations, email and contacts

Cons

There are no cons to this software that I have identified

Response from Zestia

Hi Christopher,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that Capsule is helping you to track your contacts and conversations easily.

Replied 27/01/2021
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Relatively Robust, and Affordable!

For our small business (5-10 team members), Capsule provides us with one location to input all of our data. We can track contacts, organizations, and opportunities, as well as opportunity stages and milestones, while customizing categories and notes for all of it. It is incomparably more affordable than any of the other CRMs I've used.

Pros

Capsule serves all its purposes very satisfactorily. It doesn't have very many bells and whistles, or email campaign options like other CRM databases, but it is very useful for logging contact information, making notes, generating tasks, and running reports. You can categorize contacts by organization, people, and deal opportunities, and also by customized tags and custom fields.

Cons

Very few things to dislike. The only way to export contacts with notes is to export the entire database into Excel and sort from there; there is no option within the database's reporting capabilities to generate the notes for specific contacts.

Capsule also does not have email campaign capabilities or drip campaign options, but those are high-price items that only come with the big CRM monsters.

Mauro P. Mauro P.

Reviewed on 08/12/2016

An "Honest and Basic" CRM for sme

Capsule is an easy to use CRM with all the "basic" necessary features to manage your customers / prospects and their history
It is the centralized place where you can store all your customers / prospects contacts and manage them.
You need other specialized tools if you want to manage completely the pipeline, the sales cycle, the service tickets
There some good integrations but limited. All the rest should be managed via API

Pros

Nice integration with Socials to retrive people information (pictures)
Some basic easy to use integration with msot popular tools like Mailchimp, Xero, Zendesk
Good the App for iOS

Cons

Limited tools integration
No a really solution to manage sales cycles and tickects

Piers R. Piers R.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Should run our lives

We use Capsule as the main database of the organisation-meeting notes as well as the all contact details

Pros

We should have automatic opening in the morning for the timing of reminders but ill disciplined we plug into emails first thing!

Cons

I think you should refresh your landing page more often and perhaps carry a daily piece of advice or a tip or a reminder of a public anniversary -famous peoples birthday -something that you would ordinarily not know but is a piece of interesting info

Eric B. Eric B.

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

Nice Cloud Directory Platform

Pros

-Easy to use and navigate
-Custom tags for customers
-Phone app for iOS work well

Cons

-Importing contacts from office 365 or Gsuite would be handy
-Had an issue with Android app where it took nearly 10 minutes syncing the contacts when I tried to open the app, I needed the information asap as I was stranded outside an office which was inconvenient

Ricardo A. Ricardo A.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 08/07/2021

Capsule has streamlined our business opportunity process

We use it daily, and we are working fine with Capsule.

Pros

The product is very easy tu use, contacts, organizations, oportunities and case management is intuitive and effective.

Cons

1. I would like the contacts capture be automated with some data from the contact´s organization. It is not easy to repeat the capture of the address, phone information on each contac, considering that it could be extracted from the contact´s organization.

2. I would like to have an spanish version.

Response from Zestia

Hi Ricardo,

Chloe from Capsule here. It's great to hear that Capsule has streamlined your business. Unfortunately you can't auto-populate fields based on a contact's organization however you can link a contact and organization if that helps? Also, I'll make a note of the fact that you've asked for a Spanish-language version and add it to our feature requests. Aside from that, we're happy to hear that you're finding Capsule easy to use.

Replied 13/07/2021
Nicola H. Nicola H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 24/10/2018

Easy to use great value

I use it to maximise customer information and to track progress.

Pros

It’s ease of use and manageability. I find it’s funct works well with rarely a glitch.

Cons

There are lots of features I don’t use due to my not quite understanding all the possibilities.

Nicola H. Nicola H.

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Capsule CRM review

Pros

Capsule is very easy to use and also use alongside other programmes such as Mail Chimp which we are currently using for email shots. Very quick and easy to keep records on companies and for others to see notes, sales etc

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that on my iPad I have to look at it upright which doesn't really worth with the case on it.....

Joel C. Joel C.

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

Great Basic CRM with Gmail integration and easy customization.

Pros

One of the problems with CRMs is that they are usually developed for a certain case scenario and that setup is not quite what you need. Capsule is nice and simple and pretty intuitive. It's Gmail integration is useful and you can easily add custom fields. Another big plus is the mobile app. These features make for a CRM that you can have up and running and grasp the basics by the end of the day. It is also very affordable, you can even use it for free. I have used it, still use it, and recommend it.

Cons

The mobile app is nice but could use some polishing.
The UI is decent but could be better, more visual.

Nicole H. Nicole H.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 04/11/2020

Very Helpful

Pros

The software is user friendly and the reminders are very helpful. This translates to increased efficiency.

Cons

The calendar pane does not show all tasks at a glance if there are several tasks set for the day

Taryn S. Taryn S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Not Ideal for a Charity CRM

I think it is a fine program that didn't suit the needs of a national charity.

Pros

I think you you were using this software for school or a business that required registration of sorts it might be ideal but the marketing features were not strong enough for us. We used the program for 1 year and then switch over that had a better UX, marketing integration and that automatically process tax receipts.

Cons

The UX wasn't great. It wasn't intuitive for our team.

Keela

Reasons for Switching to Capsule

We had an employee that had some experience with it and could navigate the program. We stuck with it for 1 year and switched over to Keela.

Response from Zestia

Hi Taryn,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to review us, we really appreciate the feedback. While we do have a number of charities using Capsule we understand it isn't the right fit for everyone - we're happy you've found another solution that works for you!

Replied 01/10/2020
Laura B. Laura B.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 25/10/2020

Excellent CRM for Small Business

Capsule is an excellent product for tracking opportunities and client relationships. It is easy to set up and customise. Would highly recommend for any small business.

Pros

Ease of use, just upload your client list and off you go. Mobile app is really helpful for busy people on the go. Very easy to customise and set up for your organistion.

Cons

Not be able to track clients movement from one company to another.

HubSpot CRM

Ease of use.

Response from Zestia

Hi Laura,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review - we're really glad you like Capsule and the mobile app especially!

Replied 03/11/2020
Thor T. Thor T.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

The best CRM on the market for a small business.

Have looked up and tried a number of CRMs, I found them all either to complex or they didn't provide what I need. Capsule CRM is simple to use, at the same time provide what I need.

Pros

Simple interface, it deliver what's required.

Cons

None. Still on the trial haven't had a chance to try the report option.

Response from Zestia

Hi Thor,

Thanks for reviewing us. We're glad you're finding Capsule simple to use - if you need any help during the trial just let us know.

Replied 24/11/2020
Charles J. Charles J.

Reviewed on 07/06/2020

Easy to set up, customise and use

We moved from managing our pipeline and contacts on a spreadsheet to loading everything onto Capsule is a few hours. We then enabled the Xero integration which was very easy to do.
It is now much easier to manage our customers and pipeline, load and monitor our activity and to report on progress.

Pros

Easy to set up, and to customise to our own processes and terminology. Easy and intuitive to use. Great integration with Xero

Cons

Nothing but it seems you have to put 40 characters in this box

Response from Zestia

Hi Charles, Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. It's great to hear that you found Capsule easy to set up and customize and that it's helping you to manage your customers more efficiently.

Replied 30/06/2020
Juliana P. Juliana P.

Reviewed on 08/11/2018

Absolutely love capsule!

Pros

What I like most is how easy it is to use.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about the software.

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

OK CRM for the Price

I have to have a CRM in place for my company to keep clients tasks organized. We manage hundreds of clients daily.

Pros

Capsule has basic functionality. I have a list of my Contacts, I can create tasks, make tags, and create pipelines. It allows me to upload documents and manage the team's tasks under me.

Cons

I can only upload one document at a time which is annoying. The automatic email BCC doesn't work for me to record in my notes so I always have to copy and paste.

Rimi A. Rimi A.

Reviewed on 25/02/2019

Excellent CRM toolset

So far no major issues, a far greater tool set than other crm software we’ve worked with recently.

Pros

Wonderful interface and functionality that exceeded our previous setup. Slowed much greater control and tracking of our client info and project sales made.

Cons

Pricing is a little higher per person but aside from that the benefits outweighed the cost. Smaller companies may do with one installation as we have trialed other crm software and found that for our setup a single implementation sufficed.

Sanford A. Sanford A.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 21/09/2020

Great CRM from Capsule

Pros

Capsule is functional and a great CRM software. Reminders of what tasks are due and when you are overdue. You can track your pipeline with ease.

Cons

No cons at this point based on my needs.

Response from Zestia

Hi Sanford,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're really happy that Capsule is helping you track your pipeline!

Replied 01/10/2020
Jeff P. Jeff P.

Reviewed on 08/08/2016

Easy to learn product and terrific responses to questions

Pros

I have administrator rights for the software. I find it extremely easy to use. Teaching other s the basics has been very positive too.

Cons

The only issue I have is with individuals being able to view other people's contacts etc. I would like the ability to have more options with regards to settings.

Reviewed on 13/04/2019

Effective Sales tracking

Effective sales tracking for acquisitions team, ease of navigation. Lacks some sophistication. I

Pros

Appearance, ease of navigation, tagging facility .

Cons

Does not translate to wider needs of business , clunky group communications.

John T. John T.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 14/06/2018

Perfect for a small business

Pros

It was easy to learn, as well as easy to use. Easy on the budget. I customized it so all by myself without having to wait for tech support which usually takes to much time.

Cons

Can not really think of anything negative at this point. I hope nothing pops up because it is totally within my budget.

Annabel K. Annabel K.