About Mindflash

Skip the classroom, train anywhere. Mindflash's cloud-based e-learning platform provides a simple, training solution for employees working from home, in the office, or in the field. We make it easier for business leaders to...

Browse Mindflash Reviews

John S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

6 yr customer

Pros

Clean appearance of the home page, easy to develop courses, reports.

Cons

I found not being able to rotate the courses on iPhone unfortunate

Greg F.

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

Review of Mindflash

Training can be conducted at any time that suits, in addition it is possible to quickly upload a training course as it is required by customers.

Pros

Mindflash is a great platform to conduct online training. It enables the participants to undertake the online training when it suits them and provides an opportunity for the assessment as part of the process.

Cons

Nothing really, it works well and good value for money.

Mike D.

Reviewed on 11/07/2017

Mindflash is very versatile

Quality product overall. I would recommend it to a friend. The cost for us is beyond what we can afford.

Pros

Ability to integrate or embed multimedia into courses. The reporting is very thorough. Certificate customization is useful.

Cons

No spell check in the quiz development section, inability to send emails to a group of learners. Payment integration technology is not the best

Top Mindflash Alternatives

David P.

Reviewed on 07/07/2011

Almost There..

- Some of my update requests are ignored if other users do not share my same idea/opinion.
- Quizzing functions need an overhaul, still seems very basic and limited, AND I am not sure if I am using it correctly / efficiently.
Some areas of MF have been extremely well explained, while other areas remain as self-taught disciplines, which I think limits users and limits the effectiveness of the final, end-user product.

Pros

Can do just about anything we need when it comes to training.
Platform will accommodate both animation & narration, as well as video from multiple sources. Extremely useful.

Cons

-Color palette - no reason for the color palette to remain limited to (3) very simple schemes.
-Quizzing formats still need a lot of help:
--Incorrect answers need pop-ups w/ correct/ed info.
--Nd to be able to document time spent in a course by trainees.
--Quiz labels DO NOT hold enough characters.
--Picture upload is limited in size and space, limiting the versatility of this option.

Felix F.

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

Is easy to learn and intuitive in most of its modules.

Pros

The best thing about this LMS is its flexibility to invite participants to enroll in the courses, the user experience is very simple for my liking, the loading of content is very simple, the whole environment is very simple, I have worked with better LMS

Cons

A software developer understands very well how to create reports, but for the end user it is not easy, they are quite simple and not detailed reports, the structure of prices / user plans is not very flexible. It has the basic functions of an LMS but can be improved.

Erica R.

Reviewed on 11/06/2014

Mindflash Confusion

there are a lot of great functions, but it's a basic website, there are areas that could be tweaked, sometimes its confusing coming in as a newbie, but once you get the hang of it, the website admins think it's cute to move things around on you and change things. i get that you want to update your site, but give us a heads up, send out an email. sometimes adding/dropping people can be a hassle, why can't i archive people from the main trainee page?? when i am trying to add a new candidate, and it alerts me that there is a duplicate email, why can't i clear the cells, if i add them to a group, there is a clear all function, but that doesn't work for the first, last and email options, why have a Clear all Button if it doesn't work?? why is there a manage users page and a trainees page?? that is so confusing and redundant. if i'm trying to archive someone i can't see when the modules were sent and i have to toggle back and forth to clear up the list when if they were all on one page, i could just do everything from one darn page!

the site does what we need for a basic training module, but overall, there are some big problems.

Response from Mindflash Technologies

Erica, thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Mindflash constantly responds to customer feedback and yes we do make changes to the product. To minimize the disruption it may cause, we send email and in-product notifications about webinars and demos before any major changes.

It looks like we aren't meeting your workflow needs. We will follow up to learn more and see how we can improve the flow for you so that we can make your life easier.

The Mindflash team

Replied 11/06/2014
Peter G.

Reviewed on 11/11/2014

From Paper to E-Learning with Mindflash

Mindflash has revolutionised the way we deliver theory training within our company. We have made a seamless transition from paper based documents to 100% on-line E-Learning modules.

Mindflash is one of the easiest systems to use to arrange short courses, build a series towards a certificate of competency, or just to ensure all staff are aware of changes within our business or a client's business.

The quiz feature allows imaginative ways to assess staff and reinforce learning objectives. The tracking feature and advanced reports are a key to our operations, they have alleviated the need for copious spreadsheets and administration intervention.

We have ten administrators who are actively using the product across Australia and New Zealand. The ease of use meant we didn't have to spend more than one hour in explaining its functions.

Over the year (our first year) we have had staff complete 2,500 courses and the system is a great success.

Francisco D.

Very good platform

It is a really good training platform, really easy to use, i like the customer service and they are always there to help you out, for our company it works perfectly because we have a bunch of different locations and we dont need to travel anymore for the process training.

Pros

the trainees can use it on their cellphone or tablet , as well we can add as much of courses as we need.

Cons

everybody that has a manager access can access to all the courses, the test doesnt allow you to get big images,

Kirk B.

Reviewed on 02/07/2013

Just what we needed

Mindflash provided the perfect solution for training individuals within our integrated justice system. Before Mindflash, new hires were trained individually. The trainer was typically a person who had done the job in the past and there was very little consistency and direction in the training. Mindflash not only standardized the training but also allows the new hire to proceed through the training at their own pace. Mindflash also provides tool for checking progress of training and provides feedback on knowledge retention through quizes and surveys. Residual training is a snap with Mindflash as well. When a new process is created or an existing process is changed, Mindflash provides a means of documenting and distributing the information to all users in a consistent format.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Mindflash for single-subject courses

It's really easy to use and I've set up several courses in it. It's also very useful in tracking course completion and time of course for each employee. Usually I create page designs in another program, and they're easy to plug into Mindflash from there. I'm in the travel business and it involves about 120 employees in all that use training from me.

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, good quiz and survey tracking options.

Cons

Not intuitive where to find some specific functions at first glance.

Mark I.

Reviewed on 29/05/2015

Disciplinary Training

We use the sight to reach out to over 500 people to be trained in the Management of Disciplinary hearings at local football level.

Mindflash has been a fantastic asset in assisting The FA in the development of skill sets of our volunteer workforce.

Its ease of use is key and friendly UI is particularly important where some users are not familiar with the use of technology and training platforms.

Simply assessments have been developed to confirm the users understanding of the training and ensures the business provides a service that is fit for purpose.

Simple, effective and easy to use and I would recommend anyone considering looking at a training platform to have a look at Mindflash as a possible solution.

Brittany H.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 30/11/2018

Mind Flash

Pros

I like that this product offers all training modules for new employees and current employees, which has been a huge help and leading success tool in making sure everyone is up to date with trainings and it is self conduct, so it allows staff to get this done in a timely manner and on their time as well. I also like that we have been able to add all training Videos and modules in this product

Cons

Sometimes the searching for a video or module can be frustrating if you dont type in correctly

Jo-anne H.

Reviewed on 16/01/2015

My experience with Mindflash

I have been the administrator of Mindflash for my work since 2012. Mindflash is a user-friendly program to use to create courses and administer them to employees. In my experience in the last 2 years, Mindflash has looked for feedback from customers and used that feedback to continuously make improvements. They regularly hold webinar seminars as well (I have not participated in any, but I receive invites). Whenever I have required technical assistance, I have had very good, prompt responses. The one aspect of Mindflash that I would say is a downfall is that you cannot print your courses from Mindflash.

Matthew C.

Reviewed on 29/03/2016

Mindflash

Mindflash has helped us develop our new hire orientation program, track assessments and deliver recorded content. It's easy to use and scalable for our needs. Their support team is friendly and prompt but you will rarely need them!

Pros

Fast to learn
Excellent features
Great for Reporting, Quizzes, system demos - you name it!

Cons

No timer on the assessments - no way to set up a "timed test".

Simon R.

Reviewed on 17/06/2013

Lovely front end - backoffice like a car crash

Use it if you need to. It's not bad - it's just a bit of a square wheel in terms of interface administration and a ball-breaker if you're using Macs.

They are talking about sorting that but then again, they think they've sorted other bits of it already! :)

Pros

Easy to set up the courses themselves.

Cons

Impossible to administrate users without spending so long on it you can't justify the effort!

We're a Mac office, so not having support for Keynote or Mov files is a pain. Files converted to other formats don't upload right.

User support tried hard but in the end were no use...

Also no marketplace, so there's no way users can self-register. (They had this, then took it away after we'd chosen to go with them - very unimpressed.)

Sharon K.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 25/01/2017

Online Training

Superior product, very intuitive and easy to use.
Tracks who's completed training and who we need to encourage to finish.
The cost is a bit high, but when used to its full potential, a great value.

Pros

ease of use, traceability of completed training and tests

Cons

costs

Dana L.

Reviewed on 21/01/2014

Mindflash Product & Support

All I can say is....The Mindflash Support Team is awesome! I love being able to Live Chat with them. They always know what they're talking about and are so friendly and helpful! I usually have an answer to my question in a matter of minutes. I just love Mindflash period! It's very user friendly and meets all of my needs. Thanks Mindflash!

Gail L.

Reviewed on 26/02/2014

Great package easy to use and has taken my business to a completely new level

This is the first online programme I have used and is very easy and on the whole very reliable and has proved enormously successful for us and our student numbers are growing and enjoying the system as well.We're on the basic package at the moment but the way we are growing the next one up is going to be very useful in future.

Elizabeth C.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 20/06/2017

The Customer Service Rep(s) at Mindflash are excellent!

Training and implementing new employees to our organization

Pros

Easy to use, easy to train others how to use, easy to add others as an administrator, easy to upload info into courses

Cons

I'm not sure about what I like least. If I had to answer, it would be the length of the courses in order to get them going. But, it's not extreme by any means.

Tiffani W.

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

Ease of use for beginning users, for administrators and end users.

Pros

The simplicity of the platform makes it easy to use, with the benefits of reporting, automation, and verification. I also look forward to some upcoming features to be added in the near future.

Cons

They have some issues to work out with their search feature and filters within courses.

Pam W.

Debora V.
2.5

Reviewed on 14/04/2015

My Mindflash review

My Mindflash review

Pros

It is practical and easy to use. It meets my expectations

Cons

It is hard to get customer support when I need right away

Megan W.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 20/07/2016

Online Training for Nonprofit Employees and Volunteers

Annually Sierra Service Project trains over 200 adult volunteers and 45 young adult staff members through Mindflash. We use Mindflash for two months a year intensively.

Pros

Very easy to upload videos, PDF and Power Point files.

Very easy to rearrange content, add quizzes, surveys and course/series requirements.

Cons

No spell check in quiz sections.

Content can be slow to load for users with not excellent internet connection.

Wish there was a better method for keeping an account instead of deleting and recreating each year without paying a monthly rate. Ability to make account "inactive" but not accessible for in between time.

Jason B.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 01/04/2016

Mindflash LMS

Our business relies on a national network of damage appraisers. Remote training is difficult and costly at times, therefore we were needing a way to successfully train close to 1000 people at the same time, spread across the entire U.S. Mindflash has given us the flexibility to train them all without pulling them off the road during the day for live webinars.

Pros

Mindflash helps to keep the training more focused. With the ability to assign training to individuals, or entire regions with a few clicks of a mouse is great. The Mindflash reporting capabilities are very good and easy to use.

Cons

The tiered pricing structure is frustrating at times. We sometimes need to add more users, but we don't need more features. We end up paying for additional features that we never use. If we need to add one more person above our current tier limit, we have to go to a completely new level and price structure rather than just pay to add a user.

Alyssa T.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 03/03/2016

Intuitive for trainers and essential for trainees

Mindflash is a superb tool for companies that need to train a large amount of individuals but aren't able to do so in person. I am just in my first year of using the program as an admin/trainer. I designed the course and distributed it globally. It's very easy to create a course and tailor it to your needs. My team is now able to access and educate hundreds of clients that we were unable to reach before.

Pros

Easy to create, distribute, and track courses/trainees. Anyone can be trained as long as they have an internet connection. The team that works for Mindflash is very easy to reach and extremely helpful when it comes to questions that come up.

Cons

Very few trainees complained about the password strength rules. One trainee was unable to complete a course because she was on an older device, but this is not a huge issue at all.