About Workbooks

Workbooks offers growing companies a SaaS platform to run their business and engage with their customers – at an affordable price. Workbooks designs, develops and implements its own software, which is targeted specifically at...

Browse Workbooks Reviews

Kelly H.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 09/11/2018

Workbooks Review

With the Workbooks system we are able to capture the sales to order process and actively record this live data.Workbooks have a great support team who are always on hand to help and support our business when changes are required. This could be from a small field change through to a complete new pdf document.

Pros

Workbooks allows our company to capture data and record the sales progress of our enquires through to order. It also allows us to create marketing campaigns and be able to understand the response rate of our campaigns. The reporting aspect of the workbooks is also very powerful and they run as live data which enable us as a business to monitor growth and orders as and when the data is created in workbooks. As a cloud based system this system allows are external users to have access to the workbooks system no matter there location.

Cons

I would like more ability to be able to change layouts of PDF's so I can make changes as and when the business needs it.

Adam P.
  • Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 09/03/2018

Excellent easy to learn CRM System

Pros

Friendly user interface encourages fast adoption. Powerful reporting and customization helps us make informed data driven decisions easily

Cons

Limitations for Manufacturing businesses. We will always need an MRP/ERP system alongside Workbooks.

Samantha J.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 17/11/2018

Intuitive and always striving for more

As a client for over 8 years we have been with Workbooks since relevant infancy and it has seen us through significant changes over the years

Pros

This CRM has a logical and flexible approach to enable users to develop a platform that best meets their needs. The configuration functionality allows clients to be self reliant and the knowledge base provides an excellent support resource empowering users to implement their own requirements

Cons

The dashboard functionality has been somewhat one dimensional in the past though I know this is the pipeline for further development and based on the previous enhancements adapted by the CRM I am only expecting great things

Top Workbooks Alternatives

David C.

Reviewed on 04/12/2017

Flexible CRM platform

Pros

Very helpful support team
Able to customize the interface to suit your needs
great flexibility in how you want to use the software
excellent for lead tracking
works on mobile and tablets

Cons

Tried to use as a support tool but it isnt suitable, we had to fill in too many different fields to close or update a case as it didnt link to organisations easily
Can be difficult to use as its so flexible

• Industry: Biotechnology

Flexible Software, Excellent for B2B

We increased our sales with the help of this software by tracking all the customer queries and filling them in a timely manner, so the software worth the investment. Not too expensive, easy to get started, growth with the business.

Pros

Flexible, easy to track projects, intuitive. Excellent for exporters as can be used in multicurrency format.

Cons

Could benefit from more preset automation options.

Hervé S.

Reviewed on 22/01/2018

I use Workbooks as a System Administrator

Pros

The system offers a level of flexibility and autonomy that other don't. The configuration suite enables us to provide a good level of support to our users.

Cons

The doashboards could benefit from some updates. The fluidity of the reports could also be improved.

Julio a R.

Reviewed on 27/02/2018

Workbook - Great business marketing plan

We found that the numbers of our company were slowing down, so we tried out some new tools in order to make our business to keep on track. Workbooks gave us a new way of thinking because just making things in a different way we can reach more clients.

Pros

I like most is the versatility of adapting the software to our offer, is very intuitive and we have several setups until we find the right for us. The software covers from leads to payments, and it have to manage a invoice program. I like the support management because allow us to find our way using workbook

Cons

Once we knew is a flexible software, we didn't understand the dimensions of it, it took a while to process and adapt all our data to a new way to manage the software. The search function is very slow. Some times we have difficulties with the reports function. We found some troubles with planning tools and the synchronization with the software.

Emma P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 01/10/2015

Utilised for general data base and sales lead tool

Pros

I don't deal too much with the Vendor directly, however, they seem to be able to make the necessary updates required in a prompt manner. This product is easy to use to track all customer interactions and sales leads, straightforward and fairly intuative for anyone who has used a lead management tool

Cons

Reporting is pretty complex, not so intuative but exports to excel very well.

Carly B.
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 25/01/2017

Great CRM System

Workbooks is a really easy system to use. The reporting side is always very helpful, and the support team always do there best to assist and help. I would recommend workbooks to anyone wanting a simple, yet effective CRM system.

Pros

Cons

Sometimes it can be a little long winded, for certain processes, but the end result it always work it

Mark K.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 23/02/2017

Excellent support for a good product

We selected Workbooks CRM in competition with other cloud based CRM packages, for a client new to CRM. Key criteria were flexibility, ease of use for the sales force, and ability to provide a basic quotation system for a fairly complex product line (We had previously looked at specialist CPQ systems, but decided to go for the integrated capability in Workbooks). The presales support was excellent, the vendor showing a real understanding of the client's needs and desire to get to the optimum solution. The product has a fairly 'traditional' look and feel, easy to navigate in a way that will be very familiar to Windows users, but not as 'sexy' as products like Pipedrive which are based on a more modern UI paradigm. Functionally, it covers all the CRM bases well. The quotation capability required some custom work to meet the client's needs but as in pre-sales the support was excellent. I would recommend the product to anybody looking for a full function CRM for small to mid sized sales force, who wants a quotation facility embedded.

Pros

Excellent support
Full functionality CRM
Quotations capability

Cons

UI is fairly traditional, not as modern as some other products

Jennie S.

Excellent piece of Kit!

Excellent experience had by all. Team were responsive and felt like we had support from all areas. I would thoroughly recommend it.

Pros

The flexibility is key for us and the ease of use. If something is quite the way you like you can easily configure it and change it on the fly which is great. This helps with showcasing the software to other members of the firm who have different requirements as they don't feel pigeon holed into one solution for all.

Cons

I can honestly say there is nothing that I don't like about this software and have been using it for a few months now.

Gemma E.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

It's all about the set up!

Pros

Reporting - although they can be a little tricky to set up, the reporting function is really useful in my role and i like the level of detail included which can be set up for daily, weekly, monthly reporting or whenever i need it.

Cons

It is a little 'clunky' although some of this is definitely down to how it was set up (before i joined the company) and the amount of data it is holding.

Reviewed on 03/09/2020

Great CRM Solution for Small Business

Overall user experience is great, very cost effective for us - small business.

Pros

Easy of Use, Cost Effective, Cloud-based

Cons

Support contact is slow for us to work with integrations, no API/web services to work with so it is not as smooth as we would like it to be.

Dave

Reviewed on 15/03/2014

Fantastic UI/UX

I'm about two weeks into using Workbooks and I have to say that I'm extremely impressed with the product. One thing I can stop thinking about is the desktop-style UI, with the movable windows, file icons, and pop-up start menu, all work just as well as Mac OS or Windows (Pre-W8) desktop. I've never seen a web application do anything remotely close to this, and didn't know it was even possible to have something like that in a browser. Really friggin' cool, blows the more traditional setups you see in Zoho CRM and Salesforce out of the water.

The workflow customization is top-notch, and I've been able to keep an eye on all my sales team's progress with leads, activities, emails, and phone calls with minute precision via WB's reporting capabilities. Bravo.

Pros

Desktop-Style UI
Easy-to-grasp UX
Reporting capabilities

Reviewed on 06/06/2018

Easy to use , value for money

Pros

This software is very easy to use that is why I would definitely recommend it to other companies to use it to.

Cons

Since I started using this software I haven't really disliked anything because everything seems to be working perfectly.

Lori T.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 20/02/2015

Used as a Customer Database and to record communications.

Pros

Easy of use. Haven't encountered any bugs that have held us up in any way.

Cons

The Email Outlook Connector is not compatible with IMAP Exchange.

Jeff G.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 06/02/2015

Customization is A+

Pros

Workbooks offers a great array as well as in-depth customizations that allow our company to scale and become more efficient.

Cons

I don't like the lack of online presence and marketplaces. I would very much like Workbooks to be in sync with web stores and my website.

Matthew B.

Reviewed on 15/01/2015

Does what it says on the tin

Great user interface, easy to use, flexible and comprehensive. Meets pretty much all the needs of my customer requirements out of the box. Excellent Outlook integration.

Abigail D.
  • Industry: Alternative Dispute Resolution

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Workbooks is incredibly user friendly, and adaptable. The team are always willing to help.

Pros

Workbooks is easy to pick up. It was the first database I have ever used, so I was worried that I would not be able to use it well. I was wrong, and have been able to fully grasp all of its functions. Everything is clearly laid out, and where I do need that little bit of guidance, the Support team are always happy and willing to help. The different Record Types allow me to navigate easily around the database, and the Reporting function is brilliant. Gone are the days of tirelessly amending spreadsheets in Excel! All the information that I need is in Workbooks exactly where I need it.

Cons

In an ideal world, I would be able to use the Search function to search by Id. As System Admin, I use Ids far more than I do references due to importing. That being said, it is still simple to find a record based on their id by using filters within the Record Type.

Dianne M.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017

I couldn't do my job without Workbooks. It's the first thing I log into every day.

It helps me sell. We capture leads directly from our Website and track the prospect from initial enquiry right through to final sale and beyond using workbooks.

Pros

The task scheduling feature helps me keep on top of all my sales activities so I never miss an opportunity to keep in touch with prospects. I also like the marketing features that enable us to target specific types of customers and prospects with tailored offerings.

Cons

The only area we would like to see improved is Case handling. I think the software could be a little more intuitive and automated when is comes to customer communications.

Neil B.

Fantastic CRM tool

It keeps all our business Managment in one system, so everything is at our fingertips.

Pros

We use the software from lead management through to invoicing, it is easy to use and fully featured. Our support team manage all cases through the system.

Cons

I think the mobile tools could be improved as we don't use the mobile workflow. Maybe a dedicated app would be an option in the future.

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

Great Value, OK CRM

It's helped our business grow for years, but we've outgrown it and we'll be moving on soon.

Pros

The price is extremely good for what you get. If price is your primary criteria, go for it.

A lot of stuff can be customized, though the API & tools are just so-so

Cons

Cumbersome API, few integrations, especially in the US, poor response times for US support, since they're in the UK. They do an extremely good job for how cheap it is, but there are compromises as a result. The add-ons can add up and diminish the price advantage, so if you need the add-on features, it's worth investigating other products.

• Industry: Alternative Dispute Resolution

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Easy to use, understand and adapt to the needs of the business

Merged existing business systems (spread across 3 databases) into one database and automated huge parts of the business processes. Massive efficiency gains were made.

Pros

The deep customisation options and ability to adapt almost every part of the software to fit the specific needs of the business.
Powerful reporting functionality.
Able to ensure each user sees exactly what they need to , in the right place, makes training very easy and gets other users o-side immediately.

Cons

Occasional need to develop a more complex solution than it first appears and limitations to a certain extent by automated processing.

Jason K.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 06/02/2015

Affordable CRM Solution for Sales and Marketing

Pros

Workbooks offers an affordable solution for sales and marketing. It allows easy integration possibilities with most other systems with an API and has good integration with other systems out of the box. They take customer support and feedback very seriously and are continuous on their roll out of updates. This CRM offers transaction documents out of the box for Sales Processing, which is very convenient for sales. Other modules for event management and customer support makes this CRM just more than your typical CRM. This system has its own tabbed Windows-like interface which can make it very easy for new users.

Cons

The CRM could use a better mobile app, but it does provide basic functionality if you want to check your records. Some tasks and stronger functionality in Workbooks CRM may require some more consultation. But this is understandable because the system has to be gentle for new user but allow functionality to admins on the same instance.

Mike S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 23/11/2018

Good, all round CRM system

We manage client support using cases and record those individuals in people records. Consent recording for data protection and recording of objections to processing is our most recent change

Pros

The level of customisation that we can carry out in house. The reporting suite is also pretty flexible.

Cons

When reporting, linking to some table can really slow the reports down. Campaign membership being the main one