About QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

QuickBooks Enterprise is an accounting solution designed for SMBs across different industry verticals such as construction, nonprofit distribution, manufacturing, and retail. With QB Enterprise solution, any business owner can...

Browse QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Reviews

18,392 of 18,093 reviews
Charleen F.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 22/10/2020

Our QB online is always ready when we are

Cloud services make everything more secure. Not having to purchase an upgrade year after year is one of the best benefits. Our business is sized so that the online version, which does have less functionality than the desktop version, still works for exactly what we need. The tutorials are helpful and there are plenty of YouTube videos to find a resolution for any problem you have.

Pros

The online version of QB makes it easy to always have the necessary updates and current edition. The file sharing capabilities are the exact tool that is needed for the accountant to easily have a hassle-free exchange of the data they need to keep your books and do taxes. QB payroll that can be accessed through the software and there is easy access to QuickBook loan funding should you ever need it. Anytime, anywhere access is a plus.

Cons

The naming convention for some processes are a bit daunting until you learn exactly where they are and what they are called. The updates can cause features to be relocated, making them difficult to find. As with all cloud-based software, sometimes there are issues with the online connectivity.

Praveen N.

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Quick Book Review

I have a really good experience with Quick. I am not a core accounting person. Still I find it very easy to use QB rather that Tally.

Pros

You can set up a 30-day trial and if you
decide to sign up for your own business
you will get a 50% discount for the
first year
This is the best
deal you can get out there
If you open the program the the general navigation is on the left-hand side
that can be collapsed by clicking on the three
little lines so if you want a little bit more real estate you can collapse and
expand that here on the right side of the screen you get a gear icon which allows you to go into the settings chart of accounts and things like that you also get access to the search box which
allows you to search existing transactions and also see the most recent transactions that you have
created
There's also the quick create button which is that circle that allows you to get a menu of all the
transactions you can create here on the home page when you go into the dashboard you get a quick analysis of your income, expenses bank balances profit and loss and sales this is what they call the, dashboard to actually get into creating transactions normally.

Cons

The only con that i feel is it is not going to be good if the enterprise is too big. This software is mostly useful for small business and SMEs.

Samuel O.

Reviewed on 10/09/2021

What has using quickbooks desktop Enterprise being like

Despite their short coming in some area,For me it's an accounting software that is my preferred choice,and I highly recommend it to any business out there looking for an accounting software,be it big or small business.

Pros

What I really like about quickbooks desktop Enterprise is the ease and speed at which I set up my invoice and billing transaction,I have use this software in my e commerce site and to manage my freelancers,it helps me to simplify everything and also the entire software interface is user friendly

Cons

I think there are still some area that need improvement like the report part I think they can improve on it

Top QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Alternatives

Andrea J.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 20/06/2021

Using Quickbooks

I use it for my business as well as a few other apps just to do more of a comparison on which one gives me the most customers on so far this one is it. Yes its pricey but when you have the traffic it gets to be exciting. It helps organize all my data as well as my payroll. I can keep track of everything when using this website.

Pros

What I liked about quickbooks is that it is easy to use for whatever reason you use it for. Personally me I use it for my business and it is well worth it especially if you have the time and money for it. It gives you many different features and steps to help you create whatever you are needing to be created. The customer service is amazing and they are always on it. The set-up is even more awesome because once you know what you are doing then it is like a breeze to work through.

Cons

The least I like about it is the cost. Yes they give you a free trial but I once you actually purchase it, it can be a bit pricey. It is well worth it but I would suggest they lower the price.

April H.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 07/02/2021

Vital tool for small business

I recently purchased the 2020 version of Quickbooks for desktop, after updating my Mac operating system and finding out that I was basically locked out of 2012 version that I had been using - it could not be used with my new OS and I couldn't access any of my business files. After considerable research, I discovered that I could download a trial of a newer version so that I could access my information, but then I needed to decide whether I wanted to purchase a new version of QB for desktop or begin using the online version. I decided to get the 2020 for desktop because I tried the online program and did not like it at all.

There is definitely a learning curve if you've never been a Quickbooks user before, but it far exceeds any other accounting software or program I've tried.

Pros

Quickbooks offers everything I need to manage the accounts for my sole proprietorship, from budgeting and expense tracking to documenting vehicle mileage, all in one program. There are myriad other aspects of the program, such as inventory tracking, that I do not even utilize because I haven't taken the time to learn them.

Cons

While I have been using Quickbooks for desktop for years now, I still have to look up how to do things and it is not a very intuitive program for someone who did not go to school for accounting or business. If it was more intuitive, I would probably use more of the features.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Excel, while useful, was not sufficient to run my business, and much more labor intensive.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

I already knew how to use Quickbooks for desktop, and I did not want to learn a whole new program. I would possibly use both programs if they were more similar.
Shweta S.

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

Quickbook is great tool with no accounting experience

Pros

After self instructing on YouTube, I can say, the product is a marvel to those of us who work with the entirety of cash. It coordinates everything and with a tick, you can produce any report.Great and best insight. The getting sorted out module is breathtaking as it grants me to screen my remuneration and expenses as shown by the monetary strategy and gives a whole effect on the affiliation's presentation.QuickBooks tackles practically all the bookkeeping issues in my association eg; Budgeting, charges instalment , detailing, charge planning and so on

Cons

I wished there was the capacity to produce different reports separated from the current one which is bookkeeping based as it were. - As much as it is useful for independent company as our own, it turns out to be difficult to utilize when the business develops and become large.The naming show for certain cycles are somewhat overwhelming until you adapt precisely where they are and what they are called. The updates can make highlights be migrated, making them hard to track down. Likewise with all cloud-based programming, once in a while there are issues with the online connectivity.The number of clients that can utilize it at the same time is restricted and we business people live on cooperation and especially need it.

Fidelis A.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

QuickBooks Software 2021 review

The installation process is easy and smooth. which at some point as you about your business and the right tools or QuickBooks feature you would like to choose. But, it is always good to set all features. It is well tailored to the core accounting needs of all companies. It is deeply rooted in accounting principles, so that every organization, regardless of size, should keep its books and corporate financials structured and properly registered.

Pros

I would like to start with the desired features of this software. Their pricing plan was structured in a way that one can make good any choice and still have a better feature. They have four pricing plan ( QuickBooks Simple start, Essential, Plus and Advance(recently added)) and price of $12,$20,$35 and $75 respectively . All this plans has a dedicated number of users ranging from one to three. Each of this plans has great features of which Invoices Tracking, Bill and online banking are common among them. The installation process is easy and smooth. which at some point as you about your business and the right tools or QuickBooks feature you would like to choose. But, it is always good to set all features. The navigation bar containing your dashboard is flexible and easy to make choices regarding the selected features. At the right panel is where you found "CREATE" tab, which divides the sections of the software into four namely, "Customers, vendors, employees and others". Each of the dropdown menu will help you to manage your accounting processes. QuickBooks Online is a cloud-based accounting solution that helps to handle expenses, tasks, invoices and more for small to large businesses. It comes with a centralized dashboard that allows users to use key performance metrics to gain insights into market patterns and organizational performance (KPIs). It is well tailored to the core accounting needs of all companies.

Cons

Initially, the customer support service and other little issue was the cons. But as at today, the customer service has been improve through instant chat and some added feature such as QuickBooks advance to enhance operations , their avoid any cons that can be attributed to this great software.

Reviewed on 11/11/2020

Quickbooks

My experience with the QuickBooks had been for almost less than 2 years and even though I was not in the accounting department, I had to maintain the inventory, reporting of general ledger, all the sales purchases made, and made sure all the products that we have physically available, they were in the system with their exact specifications so that at the time of creating sale orders, the exact name and specs would appear with their exact cost and the remaining product count would be the same as it was physically available.

Pros

The best part about QuickBooks was that it was online and we had the ability to work even though we were not on the office premises and it allowed us to work efficiently and effectively. We used it for inventory management, documentation, general ledger, Sale orders, purchase orders, and invoicing.

Cons

Even though it has customization in its reporting mechanism but it takes time and effort to get exactly what we want and at crucial times it gets a little hectic to generate a report where we need results faster.

Osinachi U.

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

Over 5 Years of Overall Satisfaction from QuickBooks

It an Outstanding and unique experience with QuickBooks, Because of what i have been able to solve at Work, Meetings and Even at Critical Moments, I would Like the Team to continue Working Hard and also be more innovating for us not to have a reason to either go back to our Previous Product or an Easy or Advance Product than QuickBooks.

Pros

Am Proud to Say i have been Fortunate enough to get to know QuickBooks early in my World of Finance, which has lead and added few Stars to my Financial Works (Reports), My love for QuickBooks is due to it has made me receive compliments from My Line Head and Even my Colleague for the accuracy and detail I present when it comes to our financial reports. It has a easy to use feature, outstanding communication style, efficient and even Portable. Just a Few Clicks and Your Financial Report is Ready.

Cons

Getting Settled with the QuickBooks Advance, was a bit Tough, but after getting everything fix up (Setting Up), it you go to go, You also have to be careful and vigilant when Printing out Invoices and others due to the Date Changes. One thing to make sure of is the group of the items you are computing, you have to Double-Check your Reports so as not to contain Mis-Grouped information and for Accuracy.

Nelson kipchirchir S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 25/10/2020

Best accounting solution in the market!

QuickBooks solves almost all the accounting problems in my organization eg; Budgeting, bills payment, reporting, tax preparation etc.

Pros

- The budgeting module is very good as it allows me to keep track of my revenue and expenses as per the budget and gives a whole impression on the organization's performance.
- I loved the flexibility of the software when it comes to integration with software from other vendors.
- The pricing is awesome especially for small and upcoming businesses.
- Very easy to learn and put it in use, so far so good. No crashes, bugs, or hanging.

Cons

- The software lacks the current business trend features like barcoding and lot tracking.
- Limitation on the number of users is also one of the aspects I disliked.
- I wished there was the ability to generate other reports apart from the current one which is accounting based only.
- As much as it is good for small business as ours, it becomes hard to use when the business grows and become large.

Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

We needed a more automated software with more features which are less complicated to learn and use.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

- Pricing was good and was pas per our budget. - The size of the organization was also a matter of consideration.
David T.

Reviewed on 01/10/2020

Small business person's perspective of QB Pro 2019 and prior

Overall, fairly positive. Bit stressful if don't understand newly added form questions or when upgrading to a newer release

Pros

Being able to quickly design a reusable invoice template, quickly setup new customer profiles and get invoices printed to PDF and emailed out using a laptop computer was enormously helpful, especially during business travel times before Covid-19 struck. The e-Filing feature (form 941,etc) also eliminated having to make post office trips. The biggest benefit was that the accounting firm I work highly preferred using QB backup files to transmit company info, so they could immediately get to work on tax forms for me.

Cons

There are occasions when:
(1) On screen forms change, which require the user to "know" what is meant by a vague phrase (that a non-accountant would be confused by). Making some of the text into a hyperlink to popup a clarification would be helpful and easy to implement, without cluttering the screen with detail that others don't care to see.
(2) Sometimes, I have already filled out a quarterly IRS 941 reconciliation form. Then while in the middle of e-Filing it, QBooks suddenly tells me it cannot proceed because I should have downloaded new forms updates. If it had instead proactively checked during my filling out the form to start with (because I spent 15min filling it out), that would have made more sense than waiting until I was finished and sending it out.
(3) Each time the software becomes obsoleted in 3 yrs, it just locks up. I usually get an email a few months before offering a discount to upgrade...but not actually advising a date when the software will lock and become inactive. Adding a deadline to the email would be appreciated. Each time our QB checks for updates on the Intuit server, that is an opportunity to capture our release# and base your mass emailings on a data extract which includes the end of life date for that release#.
(4) When upgrading to newer versions, there is no way to selectively exclude outdated vendors + trxns.

Shannon A.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 14/09/2020

Highly Recommend Quick Books

The biggest benefit for our business is the "Insights" tab, which works on Accrual Basis Accounting. It provides our net income at a quick glance within a certain time period of our choosing along with charts showing our expenses, income, and net income It also gives previous year income comparison, top customers by sales, business growth, and net profit margin by using charts to make it easier to comprehend the data. The "insights" tab is also flexible on any date range that is chosen by the user.

Pros

Overall, I'm very happy with Quick Books and would recommend to any business owner. I really like the memorized transaction list, where I can just automatically have recurring payments deducted from my system rather its monthly, quarterly, or yearly. It can also be set up as a reminder when certain bills are due for payment.
It's very easy to load, keep track of your vendors and your customers as well as your own company data such as chart of accounts, and items or services that your company provides. The report center is very user friendly with reports already available by just adding a date range, and it also offers the user to create their own costume reports.

Cons

I do wish refunding clients with credit balances was a little easier. The system does work, but you need to have an invoice generated with charges before completing a credit memo to send a refund check. Our type of business is a lot of prepaid work, and sometimes the cost comes under, and I just want to refund without creating an invoice. Perhaps there is a simpler way, and I just need to learn how it is done.

Response from Intuit

Thank you for sharing these details with us, Shannon. This feedback will help make the wanted changes become a reality. The details on how to easily refund your customers in QuickBooks Online can be found here: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/accounts-receivable/record-a-customer-refund/00/186177. Wishing you a successful business year! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Replied 19/09/2020
Connie E.

Reviewed on 25/08/2020

Quickbooks - QBO for your Business

It is much easier to maintain you financial bookkeeping with Quickbooks. With the download transactions, memorization and bank connectivity, it is a great business tool. Being able to see your entire financial picture in one place is great. Having a professional able to help any time is great. This is a great business tool.

Pros

I really like QBO - which is a cloud based software. While there are several out there, Intuit has been doing it since 2005. The ease of access anywhere is a life saver. You are never far away from your financial picture. Designed for ease of use, having an accountant be able to help manage your business is just more manageable.

Cons

The good and the bad - now QBO has divided up into "industries" with features available only in certain industries. Inventory needs to continue to improve. The cost has increased over the last few years. However if you know a Pro Advisor you can get it for wholesale pricing. Some of the reports cannot be altered or customized, which can be annoying.

William A.

Reviewed on 26/07/2020

Fast, Simple to use, Easy to Integrate, Support is light, and price is a touch higher than...

Overall, I have no intention of leaving QuickBooks.

Pros

QuickBooks is easy to import into, export out of and directly integrate with certain platforms. The software was built with the user experience in mind.

Cons

The price is a bit higher than the competition, so technically its a con. However, I don't consider this a negative because sometimes you get what you pay for and I found QBO to have better features and a better reputation as a whole.

The support is not as easy to work with as I would like. But compared to some of the competiton, its better than not having any.

FreshBooks and Xero

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Excel even with automations doesn't cut the mustard as an accounting solution.

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reputation was the primary reason. Secondary to that, it is well known in the industry and integrates with other related solutions.

Response from Intuit

Hey, William. Thanks for being such a loyal member of the QuickBooks family. We appreciate all the kind words you have to say about our product. Aside from phone and chat support, you can also go to the Community for assistance (https://community.intuit.com/). Once there, you can communicate with other users as well as our experts. All the best in your business endeavors.
Caitlyn, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 06/08/2020

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

I taught my brother over the phone!

I would and have recommended this product to anyone starting or operating a business for its ease of use. You do not need to be an accounting major or have years of bookkeeping knowledge to figure out how to use Quickbooks. If my brother can learn to use it, so can you.

Pros

The home page is streamlined by tasks and makes it easy to move through the different modules; accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll. Many years ago I chose Quickbooks Pro desktop for my brother when he started his own company. He was using the old "file the receipt" in a box method and then once a year giving his "files" to his CPA for tax purposes. This method was okay when he was working for someone else but when he started his own business he needed to have his bookkeeping computerized and asked me for help. I chose Quickbooks Pro because I was able to teach myself and used it often enough I knew I would be able to guide him over the phone ny using the icons on the home page. Without any previous bookkeeping or computer knowledge, he can now invoice his clients, post payments and reconcile his bank statements all by himself.

Even the payroll module is easy to use and navigate and with the right set up will calculate wages & taxes due. You just enter the employee hours and hit submit. You can then print paychecks or with the enhanced version use direct deposit. It helps keep you government compliant by letting you know when taxes and reports are due and lets you submit reports and pay taxes through the payroll module.

Cons

I do find the enhanced payroll through Quickbooks to be little pricey since you have to pay a yearly fee, a monthly fee and a per employee fee each payroll but it is a full-service payroll option and about as much as using an outside service.

One of the features I find to be annoying is the customize report option. There are so many fields you can choose in the customize your report option that just will not populate with any information and you end up with empty columns. It would be better if only usable fields be listed in customize report instead of every available field found anywhere in Quickbooks. If you can't use them, lose them.

Isaac tatenda F.
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 20/01/2020

Quickbooks review by Isaac Fungura

I have been able to capture all inventory, sales, receipts and payments data and all journals seamlessly.
I have also been able to extract customised reports such as trial balance, income statements, statement of financial position and statement of cashflows.
Customer & supplier information management has been made easy by the flexibility offered by Quickbooks

Pros

The user interface is easy to use, flexible and keeps up to date with trends.

Inventory Management - Allows seamless management of our multiple warehouses across the country. You can easily check inventory quantities on hand, set up re-order quantity and make orders within Quickbooks. This saves time because you then receive the goods in Quickbooks with their serial numbers and instantly updates the inventory ledger. When issuing out the goods for sale or utilisation, the serial numbers are also tracked and inventory & sales account are updated instantly as well.

In terms of flexibility, you can attach receipts of your expenses that you incur on the go or, acquittals submitted by our field team to the finance office - these can easily be scanned and attached to the transaction for easy of audit trail/reference material.

The same can also be done for sales - customer KYC information can be attached to the datatbase or the transaction. For instance farmer details including farm location

Users can also chat online in QB and discuss transaction matters while working. They can also chat with the Admin to address challenges being faced.

Online banking - you can easily link QB with you bank statement feed to avoid manual capturing of transactions into the cashbook.

Import/Exports of data - you can easily export reports or import large data sets to avoid manual capturing of transactions such as journals or inventory issues.

Invoice & dashboard customisation

Cons

System is sometimes unstable, especially when handling large amount of data with multiple users and multiple work stations/locations
Excludes payroll function, which is an add on module at a cost
Excludes project management feature, hence you have to get another software to run your project management
I was also not able to link external excel sheets to automatically update the ledger and vice versa without importing or exporting data.

Jane R.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

Worth the price tag

I started out learning QuickBooks on the desktop version for a previous job, and the software has come a long, long way since then. The online version is well organized, easy to use, and in the three years I've been using it I've never run into a single glitch.

Pros

QuickBooks online gives me one place to track everything related to money for my small business: income, expenses, taxes, and payroll. It's easy to set up and use, and I like knowing that even when I'm not paying as much attention to some of the bookkeeping as I should, it's still being tracked for when I have time to get to it.

Cons

It's a little pricey and the help/FAQs aren't always that helpful, but those quibbles are greatly outweighed by how easy and useful it is.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

At least at the time I made the switch, FreshBooks didn't support expense tracking or tax software integration.

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

One of the things that makes QB worth the price tag is that it includes *everything* a small business needs. Rather than having to track income, expenses, taxes, and payroll in separate places, everything is linked and organized in one place.
Kelly H.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

Quickbooks Desktop

I became certified with QB in 1999. I have enjoyed the program and recommend it to most business people I know. I find that their customer service is once again back to where it was in the beginning, great. I used to dread the QB customer service experience, it was so horrific. Since we moved to Enterprise, it has been a huge improvement. And customer service is one of the biggest selling points for me, when you are working with the software every, single day, year in & year out.

Pros

Ease of use is fantastic. Mostly self-explanatory. Because it is so widely used there a lot of available answers for most any question that you may have.

Cons

The 3 things I dislike with QB. One is the cost of integrating all of the parts that you need to run a business. For companies between the small to medium, QuickBooks is one of the few really good options. But their costs to add on payroll & cloud hosting, is frankly too much. My next complaint is the reports. When QB first came out, you could create your reports any way you wanted and it was fantastic. Although the reports are nice, the inability to combine items from balance sheet & income statement without using all of the accounts is a pain. Especially when you are looking for only certain items. I know there are work arounds but they are a pain. Also, I am not a fan of QB online, you lose too much autonomy and flexibility with that system, too much to comfortably switch when you when multi site access.

Response from Intuit

Hello, Kelly. Thanks so much for your detailed review. Hearing that you've enjoyed using QuickBooks for so many years makes our day. You can continue to count on us for all of your accounting needs! We're continually working to incorporate great user suggestions like yours. You can find out more about these types of updates by checking out our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Thanks for being a loyal member of the QuickBooks Family!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 10/12/2019
Brenda G.

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

Quick Book Review

Using QB made my life a lot easier in terms of my work and allow me to do a lot. it tracts our finances well and able to return the mistakes that companies making in tallying the accounts. it practically made me feel as i am really an accounts because the basic accounting is very easy to learn despite if you are a beginner in this software. The details in the board are very well written and understand easily without going in any training. it is perfectly very helpful.

Pros

Aside from Its easier to use even if you doesn't have the accounting background, it keep things in order. It helps you understand the basic book keeping the reports about finances and the invoicing is a lot easier to do on this software. I thank this as i am able to connect with the financial status and bank qualifications without committing any mistake.

Cons

QB is not compatible with all the banks and not able to inform you if there are problems with the connection. They should upgrade some details to be able to catch up with the trends as other establishments are upgrading their accounting software. I have difficulty also in using our cheque printer as its always occurring the network not compatible with the software note.

NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Its practically difficult to understand

Response from Intuit

Hi there, Brenda. We believe in simplifying the functions and tools in the software to make your job easier. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed using QuickBooks. We'll continue to help lighten he work load! Our developers are always on the lookout for ways to improve the software. You can keep up with what will be included in new updates by viewing our Blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv

Thanks for a great review!
Morgan, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 31/10/2019

Reviewed on 24/06/2018

There is nothing that can replace QB. Believe me, I tried them all.

Pros

Everyone will tell you it takes a while to get used to, but once you do nothing can compare. The amount of data available to you from this program is just incredible. A basic understanding of bookkeeping is a must but a few online courses and some guidance from a decent accountant will have you on your way to a complete picture of how your business is running, good or bad. We use QB online and thought it doesn't have all the features of the desktop software, we prefer to not have all our data store on one computer in one location since we often travel for work for a month at a time. Also the customer service is by far some of the best i have ever experienced of a modern company. Everytime we did have a problem we would call they took our questions seriously with sincerity and personal responsibility to find the answers as if this were their personal problem. One time we were on the phone for 2 hours and not once did the person seem like he wanted to dismiss us and felt honestly puzzeled about the software glitch.

Cons

There are still a few programing glitches, a few more than I would like there to be. The bank account connections often go down but I have a feeling that has more to do with the banks than the software.

Response from Intuit

First things first, thank you so much for this incredible review! I'm overjoyed QB has done so much for you and your business. All this said, I want to ensure the software is working optimally, and have some info in mind that is widely known to clear up glitches.

To start, try clearing your browser cache. Temporary data, which typically helps pictures and text on frequented web-pages load faster, can cause performance issues in QuickBooks. To remove this info, please follow the directions at community.intuit.com/articles/1145697.

As for the bank connections, this article tackles fixes, as well as how to search for steps to resolve the most common error codes: community.intuit.com/articles/1145508.

This will have you squared away, and I'm wishing you continued success moving forward!

Jess, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 26/06/2018
William S.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Great Small Business Accounting Software

Our experience with QuickBooks has been excellent and we will continue to use the product for the foreseeable future.

Pros

QuickBooks has helped our company manage its finances since its inception. Our Bookkeeper recommended the product based on her previous experience with it. Quickbooks was easy to set up and easy to use and was productive from Day 1.

We use Quickbooks to track our expenses, manager our purchases, pay our bills and do our banking. The reports the software generates help keep us on top of our finances and alert us to issues and abnormalities so we can quickly address them. Our banking and credit card information automatically populates into Quickbooks reducing the time needed to enter this information manually while eliminating any data entry related errors. The product also integrates well with other financial management tools and has add-ons specific to our business.

I can't imagine running a small business without a tool Like Quickbooks, and I doubt we ever will.

Cons

The licensing can be a little complex, especially when multiple users need access to the product. We also have struggled a little with their customer support. Both of these may have been issues on our end due to lack of familiarity with the product or failure to read the documentation.

Response from Intuit

Hi William! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of helping you manage your business from the start. Business owners like yourself are who we had in mind when designing our software to be a versatile tool to handle all your accounting needs. Whether you're running reports or categorizing bank transactions, you can count on QuickBooks to have your back. When it comes to managing licenses for multiple users, it can get a bit tricky. If you need assistance with that or have any other questions, we've made it a priority is to provide you with a variety of support options to ensure you're taken care of. In addition to phone support, you can also receive assistance via the channels below:

QB Community: http://community.intuit.com/
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: @IntuitQuickBooks
Twitter: @QBCares

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review and we look forward to working with you in the years to come!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 08/08/2019
Bulinda M.
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Inexpensive To Account for every Dollar

My business is staying afloat because of QuickBooks and we can see our future being very profitable by using this software. I can do all summary reporting without having to do a hard copy by hand which takes a lot of time. The software has the key components of making sure all credits and debits are inserted into its proper place. The only errors are that of those we make and this software will not allow you to insert numbers if they do not add up. The accounting tools are fantastic and a very valuable insight in our business.

Pros

QuickBooks has been a very simplified way of managing and tracking our every dollar earned. I have utilized this software for over four years and it is very simplified. Our debits and credits are accounted for with each ledger that we handle. Our customers are happy with our business and that keeps us stress-free in all aspects of the business. Our business does not have to outsource any accounting to a bookkeeper or any one outside of the company.

Cons

I have as of today after four years of having this software can not find any cons. I really enjoy using QuickBooks and I teach the program to everyone that must keep quality control moving smoothly.

Response from Intuit

Thank you for the rave review, Bulinda! It's an honor to have QuickBooks be a part of ensuring the success of your business over the last four years. Our software wouldn't be what it is today without great customers like yourself who use and refer others to try it. It's our mission to continually work on new enhancements and features to make QuickBooks an even more versatile tool for you to use. To hear news on what our developers are working on, we recommend checking out our official blog: https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv.

Thank you for being part of our QuickBooks family!
Jen, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 08/08/2019
John S.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

A little clunky, but still the best accounting software on the market

The main benefit of quick books for my business is the ease of use for everyday bookkeeping tasks, and interfacing with our accountant for year and and quarterly filings. Also, it is such a standard software that it is easy to find new hires with quickbooks knowledge. Once your Quickbooks is set up to suit your business, keeping it up is really easy. It also saves on paper waste as documents and receipts and invoices can be scanned right into the software and the physical copies destroyed.

Pros

Quickbooks contains everything you could need for most organizations. The user interface is a bit difficult to navigate, and could use updating, but the funcionality is there. My favorite feature is being able to attached scans of documents or receipts right to a transaction. You can upload saved scans from your computer, or quickbooks will interface with a scanner to scan them directly into quickbooks, which is very handy. This cuts down on lots of paper in the office. Also, the accountant function is great for utilizing a 3rd party bookkeeper. You can send out a portion of the quickbooks file to your accountant to make changes, meanwhile still being able to use the software and update with new changes.

Cons

The interface takes a lot of getting used to. The usual keyboard shortcuts don't work in Quickbooks, and pulling reports is clunky, but functional in the end. There is so much functionality packed in that it is hard to navigate to simple things sometimes. Not all companies need inventory management and purchase order tracking, and complicated payroll features, but some of these functions are always turned on.

Michael S.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

Solid accounting solution for small to medium businesses across multiple vertical segments

We use QuickBooks Enterprise for Non-Profits, which allows ODBC access into the data to provide access for external reporting capabilities from products like Crystal Reports. This can be a powerful feature depending on your reporting needs.

Pros

QuickBooks is easy to install and configure, includes many useful out of the box reports, easy to read visual indicators for things like receivables and payables, and an easy to configure and process payroll solution. We use the Intuit Enhanced Payroll subscription, which has significantly cut down on the labor involved in processing payroll. We can easily customize, memorize, and schedule reports to ensure our department heads are kept up to date on their budgets. We use the system to track our endowments, auxiliary cash accounts, and profit and loss for projects and individual organizational units. Over the past several versions they have greatly improved the shared company file feature, so managing multi-user access has become much easier and more robust.

Cons

Though Intuit recently introduced the ability to use multiple monitors with QuickBooks (a much overdue feature), they require that all monitors use the same scaling. It's not a huge deal, but a little inconvenient since I use a laptop and would prefer the built-in display panel on the laptop to be 125% and the two external monitors to be 100%. Also, the way they implement multi-monitor display is a little weird... the main app spans monitor screens, and sub-windows are drug from monitor to monitor within the main app's window. It would be much more user friendly if the sub-windows (such as the home screen, various reports, data entry windows, etc) can be moved around independently of the main app's window. This is how most other apps work and I believe how Windows was designed to handle multi-monitor use.

Robert B.

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Comprehensive functionality, but obscures your books

QB is a solid accounting package used by many. My experience is that it is very stable and suitable for those at either end of the spectrum of needs and experience. Novices can just use each of the modules as is and ignore the extra functionality. The poweruser may need the many different features.

However, if you are in the middle ground with a good understanding of bookkeeping, and want some flexibility in your entries, I find there are two many icons, menu choices, and options for each task I want to do. Example, printing a standard financial statement means selecting from 3-4 menu options, following by a dialog of options. Really I just want a date range and get the statement.

Pros

QB is rock solid, never had an issue (defect). It is comprehensive and has functionality for every operation and looks after a lot of 'behind the scenes' stuff such as tax reporting (automatically capturing your tax credits and customer charges)

Cons

The overall feature set makes it hard to see a clear picture of your books. Everything is done through a series of modules (sales, purchases) and it automates from there. A normal sequence is; Sales, then deposits, then bank reconciliation - works fine. However, if you have a deposit that is not from a sale the dance to make the entries seem obscure. Or if you pay for a purchase directly, you still have to enter a payable, then pay it in a separate step. Not big issues, but I use other accounting software that gives me much more flexibility without the double steps. (Note: in the example of the payable, you can do a direct journal entry, but then it does not show up in the supplier history for some reason.)

Response from Intuit

Hi Robert. I'm glad QuickBooks is providing a comprehensive tool to your consulting business. I'm here to ensure you can take advantage of the functionality while still getting a clear view of your books, however. I'll include a few excellent outlets below, which serve as central hubs of workflow tips.

1. For a feature walk-through, check out the Community at https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Getting-started-with-QuickBooks/How-to-Use-Features-and-Functions-in-QuickBooks-Online/ta-p/170181. You'll find tips on the way QB sequences tasks and the workflow for your accounts.

2. This link is another excellent space, as the insights hosted in the YouTube provide visual references for the tools provided by the software. The following playlist covers reporting and statements, and I encourage you to explore the channel further when you get a chance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndR4lgu2nT8&list=PLVxBmyedTVhTWFPItuhzmbHRzZzCxmGFT.

Jess, The QuickBooks Team