About Lightspeed Restaurant

Lightspeed Restaurant is a cloud-based point of sale (POS) solution for restaurants suitable for full-or quick-service restaurants, bars, nightclubs, hotel restaurants, cafes and more. Key features include floor management,...

Browse Lightspeed Restaurant Reviews

57 of 61,560 reviews
Simon L.

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

A easy to use system that my team love

We started using Lightspeed around two years ago. When joining the business I inherited a creaky old POS system that had been chosen for its ability to connect to our hotel PMS rather than for its usability and features. I was surprised that a cloud based system would have the capability to connect to hotel PMS but lightspeed does this really well. We started with 6 month trial in one location and now all locations run there F&B using Lightspeed. I was really happy with the support I received whilst on boarding, getting the system set up how we want it is very easy and the regular system updates only ever make things better. The key quality though has to be the ease at which the team use the system. Training is down to ten minutes rather than several hours supported by a hefty manual with our previous system. We are not about to explore the add ons for our next new opening including Customer Facing Display, Kiosk and Kitchen Display,

Pros

So easy to train the team
Simple sensible interface
Regular updates and improvements
Great Hotel PMS (Opera) Interface

Cons

Only works on Ipad, would be great if Android was an option to open up the hardware market
Needs consolidated reporting for chains

Assad K.

Reviewed on 23/03/2019

How Lightspeed will help improve your business.

I signed up with Lightspeed back in Nov 2016 and I have never looked back.

Lightspeed gives me accuracy and analysis.

Through Lightspeed's data I was able to save costs through employee shrinkage.

Combined with Lightspeed's great customer and tech support, you've got a winning combination that no one can beat.

Pros

They are accuracy and analysis.

With Lightspeed each and every order is entered with 100% accuracy, so you don't have to worry about wrong items or amounts being entered. And with their integrated system you can manage your inventory, and analyze your sales patterns. All because Lightspeed gives you sophisticated and detailed sales reports at your fingertips all while saving time and money and reducing costs.

Cons

There was no onsite tutorial on how to access certain data, but a quick call with tech support and within a few minutes I mastered the system and where everything is placed.

Michele P.

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

HAPPY WITH LIGHTSPEED

In my restaurant, we have been working with Light Speed from the opening in 2017, so over two years now, and me and my staff are very happy about. I don't like to lie and obviously the POS is not perfect., there are always areas to improve, and be more functional and works better as with any system. I sent few email to suggest the area they can improve and i have a good response, and this is somenthing i really appreciate, for me this is mean that you are working with someone that cares about your business and it's not there just to take your money. However is fair also to say that from the beginning to now they have improve a lots in different aspects. A special mention i want to do is the direct and quick Tech Support during the regular business hours of the day at every time, this aspect put Lightspeed above the competitors.

Pros

EASY TO USE - GOOD VALUE COST - GREAT CUSTOMERS SERVICE

Cons

SOME FUNCTIONAL NEED TO BE IMPROVE AND SOME AREA NEED TO BE ADJUST TO BE MORE FUNCTIONAL

Top Lightspeed Restaurant Alternatives

Kumaresan M.

Reviewed on 31/01/2019

First Advanced Software

We need better support system in the week end. We need a app to view from the menu. We will have to use browser to login into restaurant manager. As a owner, we need to simple app to check the sales summary for each location in the app.

Pros

Easy to use with many features. We have been using this software since the inception. We are happy with software.

Cons

There are few limitations to use it but it's getting fixed one by one. We have only POS system. We are looking complete solutions for the restaurant to track the sales and expenses.

Brandon L.

Reviewed on 10/02/2019

Lightspeed meets all of our needs

We are very happy using lightspeed at both of our restaurants. In the past, when we have a problem, lightspeed has been able to suggest a work around until the problem is addressed with an update.

Pros

Cloud based means we can access POS while away from the restaurant. Easy to use and minimal training required for new staff. New features are added on a regular basis. Customer service is reliable and available.

Cons

We are unable to use our Lightspeed without an internet connection. Unable to unfinalize receipts after 7 days.

Alexandra D.

Reviewed on 01/10/2019

Best on the market

Anytime an issue or a question rise up, the team is super helpful and quick to solve it !

Pros

Best POS system on the market. Period ! The customer service and dummy proof system makes everythiong easy, plus accounting is directly linked. Amazing time saver !

Cons

When you set up your floor plan there is not a lot of choices in terms of ''decoration'' to help new memebers of the team visualise the better.... But truly, that's being a little bit over the top...

Leigh H.

Reviewed on 03/04/2018

Very user friendly!

Pros

User friendly, and excellent technical and customer support. Lightspeed has lot of options for formatting the POS, which is an asset to any restaurant.

Cons

Using the restaurant version, there are a few limitations. First, there is limited to no inventory management. As well, there is no way to have a negatively priced product (for example if someone returns something)

Maïna J.

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

Impressive

Pros

I'm owner of a coffeeshop but also a mom of 2 young kids so the fact that I can manage my business from wherever I need, even on my phone is amazing! Also so much potentiel to help optimize every aspect of the business. Great and efficient customer support also!

Cons

It would be even better if it was independant from WI-FI

Rana S.

Reviewed on 15/11/2017

Absolutely beneficial software and amazing customer service!

Recommend this product and company to all business!

Pros

How easy it is to use and train staff to use it. The fact that customer service is available all the time.

Daelan W.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

Good inventory Management Features

Pros

The tool does a great job of multi-location inventory management. The metrics are also very useful.

Cons

The software doesn't integrate natively with Shopify so we had to use a 3rd party integration to get it to work. It was messy.

Angela A.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 28/08/2021

Not for a bar and terrible customer service

Basically I’ve spent 3 months begging someone to help me figure out how I can best tailor the system to my needs. No one cares. Their system limps along at Best and they just don’t care. They also can no longer take tap or touch less payment.

Pros

Great gooey, product buttons adjustable, and reaction of buttons.

Cons

Customer service sometimes takes an hour to respond. Only level one available to speak. Cash drawers severely limited in features. My credit card processing is not working and Lightspeed knows says it’s a setting. They will look at it “next week”
And they did take Google and Apple Tap payment but recently stopped

Revel Systems

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

Too many glitches and their expensive monitor became outdated after only 1 year.

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Restaurant

Send more modern and better
Trey V.

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Switched from Lightspeed

Would highly recommend for any small business.

Pros

We liked the ease of use with this POS as well as the exceptional support that was provided throughout the setup.

Cons

Some of the reports that I was used to using were an extra charge in lightspeed, but otherwise no complaints.

Eduardo H.

Reviewed on 14/10/2016

User-frinedly software.

Very easy to use and manage, even for first time users. You can get daily or monthly reports, which help to be in more control of your business.

Pros

The customer support is just as great as the product. They will answer your questions in a nice and timely manner, and guide you through the process of understanding the functionalities of their product. They do a great job!

Cons

It could be a little difficult to figure out the Gift Card features, but once you get you won't forget it.

Alexandra H.

Reviewed on 20/01/2016

Great Product for Seasonal Restaurants!

Pros

This product, although still new, is getting better and better! The support team is always willing to help answer any questions and get anything you need done and as priority. The interface is easy to use, it is just different from other pos systems so there is a learning curve. So many cool updates just came out and I can't wait to use it when my seasonal restaurant is open again! Really great product and I love that you can suspend your service charges with them during the off season!

Cons

I wish there was a 2 POS payment option. my restaurant is small but one POS isn't enough! I think I will upgrade to the 3 ipad package but it would be nice to have a 2 ipad option!

Charles V.

Reviewed on 31/01/2019

Great product

Pros

Just installed Lightspeed at the Montreal Racket Club and can’t believe how simple to use and install it is. Would definitely recommend!

Cons

Have nothin negative to say so far. If there were any features we were unclear about, customer support was quick to work with us and find a solution

Toby V.

Reviewed on 28/11/2019

Lightspeed at the speed of light!

Pros

The set up was easy with great support from the staff at Lightspeed. Great ability to handle multiple floor plans, products, users and reporting. Very full featured software that should be able to handle any restaurant's business.

Cons

It can be a little confusing when first starting to use the ordering piece on the ipad, a bigger learning curve than some other POS systems, but once you practice with it a bit, it makes sense.

Clover, Toast POS and TouchBistro

Reasons for Choosing Lightspeed Restaurant

Square was not robust enough and their pricing for multiple order entry ipads was too high.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Lightspeed Restaurant

It had all the functionality that we needed and the pricing was good and the support is phenomenal!
Andrea M.

Reviewed on 11/03/2021

User friendly!

Overall, it is a good experience. The customer service is suitable and helpful. The system itself is easy to figure out.

Pros

I most like the "easiness" it has on the eye. For service, the floor plans, menus, and payment buttons are all easy to see and use. Makes for a faster and more efficient service every night.

The reporting is in-depth and also easy to find/consume. The reports are visual and make it easy to "at-a'glance" understand how the service is performing.

Cons

The difficult components were in the initial set up of the floor plans for us. In order to make our floor plans look professional and aseptically pleasing we had to reach out to an outsourced consultant for aid in designing.

Also, we integrated Lightspeed with our PMS (for our hotel) so that guests could seamlessly add products from the bar to their hotel reservations. This set up process was early in the stages for both companies - it may be more figured out - but the process took many months. Back and forth conversations with both companies. We are successfully using it though as of now - and the systems are interfacing seamlessly.

Jaime M.

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

User friendly and great customer service

Pros

We've been using Lightspeed at our Marina/Restaurant/Bar for 3 years now and have nothing but good things to say about it. The setup was really straight forward and there has been such great customer service for any questions or issues that have come up. It's very user friendly and easy to train new staff on. Very simple when it comes to changing prices or adding new products. We are very happy we went with Lightspeed at Marina Knowlton!

Cons

I'm not a very "techie" person so there have been some issues that have come up (that would have come up with any POS) that I wasn't able to figure out on my own. But any time we have called customer service for support they have helped fix the problem. So in the end, not really a con!

Sean C.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 16/01/2019

From Implementation to working in Remote locations, effortless and efficient.

Lightspeed was very easy to implement, it's cut down on the time required to order and receive stock into inventory and do cycle counts to keep our inventory levels accurate. We use Light Speed to offer credit to some accounts, managing credit accounts is efficient and easy. we also take some of our terminals to Trade Shows for selling products and remote set up is always quick and effortless, the processes flow as smoothly as if we were back in our store. Processing orders is quick and effcient, and has helps us to increase the level of customer serivce and experience in our store and at Trade Shows.

- Sean Craig
Senior Manager of Corporate Credit
Factors Group of Nutritional Companies ltd.

Pros

Ease of set up and Use
Portability
Inventory Management
Interface
Customer Support times/response
Credit Account Management
Individual log-ins for staff for performance tracking
Excellent Reporting

Cons

Receipt Customization would be nice
Receipt do not print Credit Account information as it was at time of sale, but as it is when you reprint, having archived receipts would help with reconciling accounts with customers when questions arise.

Mona M.

Reviewed on 21/03/2019

Great POS system

Pros

fast, many features, easy to use, full access anywhere you are, great reports for your company

Cons

It has glitched before, all add ons are extra

Peter P.

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Back end down for Two days - First line support ultra weak - Advance Reporting is basic

For basic questions they are great. When something goes into chaos you will be down and will just have to deal with it as they are slowwwwwww at resolving issues (could be a full days or a week) that have major affects on your business.
Be ready to manually have to do a lot of Reconciliation. And be ready to have High Blood pressure..

Pros

Fairly simple to use, super basic questions get quick answers.

Cons

First line support can be done by my 13 year old, Advance Reporting is more along the lines of Basic reporting, Found issues in Reporting where numbers do not add to be the same as Daily Reports (no answers). Support has a hard time following any type of logic instead they get hung up on stuff that has zero relevance.

Hiro T.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 05/06/2021

Need improvement. But good for small business

If you own small restaurant, you may consider this POS. But they are newbie from retail POS. So if you dont require to many modifier, this is good.

Pros

Cheap. You can use your own payment getaway, your own devices and it is pretty easy to setup. Good user interface so it is easy to train someone.

Cons

Lack of integration and API. Needs improvement for some features. I doubt that it is designed for large environment.

Clif P.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 13/07/2017

Not interested in much other than sales

Implementation was terrible. The salesman made onboarding sound very simple, but when I was putting my items into the system, it was no better than square to do. The company's idea of helping you seems to be to create videos for you to figure out their software so that they don't really have to help you. The few times I called to try to get help with items, the support staff was very short and seemed more interested in just getting you off the phone and moving on. Perhaps there performance reviews are based on quantity of clients "helped".

I was very clear with the sales team about what I needed for my business. I messed up when I quickly glanced at the invoice of equipment they sent me and didn't see the discrepancy in the quantities. Also, I came to find out that their claim that none of the equipment that I already had with square would be compatible with lightspeed is completely false. They basically sent me the same star printers that I had with square and cash drawers that I could have used with my current printers as well. While the pricing online says the monthly fees, their salesman knew that I needed more registers than they sent me. Some time later, I requested that they send me the rest of the registers that I needed as I had originally requested and chalked the wrong number up to a mistake. They sent me the hardware and threw a bunch of additional software charges in the mix without even mentioning them. All charges were made before I even saw an invoice.
I confronted them about it and the initial response was "all sales are final". At that point, I told them that they had two weeks to get back to me on how would reconcile the mistakes made by their company to retain me as a customer and mend our relationship. I didn't hear from them at all during that time. When they finally got back to me, I told them that I did not want to continue my relationship with them anymore, and and that I understood that I'd incur some costs in severing the partnership, but I thought it should be fair. I'd eat all shipping costs and hardware from the first order, but I wanted a refund on the unauthorized charges and for software to be prorated to time elapsed only. I understood I would be out several thousand dollars. I was told "there is nothing we can do" by multiple managers. Finally, just today I received an invoice concerning my refund for the second order of hardware and the refund did not include any of the software as discussed with their managers, and they want to charge me a 20% restocking fee for hardware that never even made it to my place of business. The refund that they are supposedly giving me for absolutely no services rendered. This company is totally crooked. Do not make the same mistakes that I have. I will likely be perusing legal action against this company if they do not respond appropriately.

Pros

I thought this product was going to be a great way to more easily keep my books up to date and get pricing and inventory dialed in as compared to square. It has a lot of functionality compared to a product like shop keep or square.

Cons

Service - Limited concern for the customer's problems. No effort to actually work through and understand a client's business.
Sales Team - Arrogant and dishonest
Billing - Sly and deceitful. Invoices serve as contracts as they contain fine print at the bottom that refers a client to the company's actual contract and product terms that the client must hunt down for themselves.
Management - No concern for clientele.

Miriam W.

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Easy to use, excellent reporting features.

Pros

We like the ease with which new staff can learn to use this software. We also like the clarity with which the back end is organized, and the support available to help us learn the various features. It is simpler and easier to follow than Lightspeed Retail's back end. Reporting features are extremely helpful. It is all very customizable.

Cons

I don't like that the the software is not linked directly to Lightspeed Retail, and that when we lose internet connection we lose access to our POS.

Rick A.

Reviewed on 25/05/2021

Overall very happy with our decision to move to Lightspeed as our POS

We are very happy overall that we moved forward back in November with Lightspeed. No regrets and very happy we made the switch. Thank you

Pros

Very user friendly for our staff, we have some "older" staff that are not very computer knowledgeable and they were able to learn the workflow very easily, and our younger staff love it because its like using their phone. We have recommended Lightspeed restaurant to other restaurant operators. Reporting is great, back office can be accessed from a tablet our phone to make changes and see reports on the fly.

Cons

Would like to see more integration with other platform for online gift card sales, also would like to see a few different hourly reporting functions.

TouchBistro