About Cerner PowerChart Ambulatory EHR

Cerner's PowerChart Ambulatory EHR is a hybrid EHR solution that caters to clinicians in hospitals and ambulatory facilities. PowerChart is designed to help with multi-entity electronic medical record creation. This solution can...

Browse Cerner PowerChart Ambulatory EHR Reviews

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

Not a fan

Pros

This software is functional but time consuming to get the hang of.

Cons

This software takes forever to learn and even after having used it for a year and a half I still think, where did I chart that one tiny detail that one time? It's just not as intuitive as other software I've used. In others I felt like it prompted me to fill out and chart on a patient using a checklist. This one you just have to hope you remembered you charted everything and am commonly triple checking before leaving for the day.

Brean W.

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Cerner powerchart review

Pros

Cerner powerchart is an easy to use system. It is very easy to use and has multiple ways to chart on the same topic- making it very user friendly

Cons

There are many areas of powerchart that are very repetitive and make you chart the same thing multiple times. Med Recs can also be confusing for beginners using this system.

Ashley M.

Reviewed on 17/01/2020

Efficient EMR program; User friendly!

My specific department is a centralized scheduling group that oversees all surgery scheduling for the organization. In one day we typically talk with/schedule over 300 patients. This means that we have to be able to quickly access and review a patients chart prior to scheduling their procedure. This used to include many clicks and time - We are now able to do this very quickly and efficiently. (Hence why our group is able to handle all surgery scheduling for the organization)

Pros

Implementing Cerner has been nothing but a positive experience and we have continued to find ways to improve our program to benefit each department within our clinic. Patients have also experienced the increased efficiency since implementing Cerner - This has been our biggest win!

Cons

Currently our program does not interface with all pharmacy scripting programs and Dragon dictation software that many providers like to utilize. We are working with other programs & have workaround workflows in place to address this but will be working more closely with representatives from Cerner to ensure this is not an issue with necessary interfaces going forward.

Top Cerner PowerChart Ambulatory EHR Alternatives

Home Health Care Platform

InSync Healthcare Solutions

NextGen Healthcare

Javier A.

Reviewed on 19/04/2017

365 Medical EMR

Must customizable EMR solution I've had the pleasure of working with. Customer support is just a phone call away and they always answer in 5min or less. Powercharts allows providers to customize macros and auto text in order to streamline their daily workflows. Solutions also provides voice recognition and is compatible with Microsoft and Apple computer. Front desk Sheduling system allows offices to configure call protocols, auto verifies insurances and makes registration paperless. System does seem overwhelming at first, but like everything else if the user is willing to learn and puts their part in customizing their favorites the system simplifies their workday.

Pros

Very customizable to any practice specialty.

Cons

When there are parts of the software that can be improved an enhancement needs to be submitted. These enhancements take a long time to take effect.

David R.

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Easiest way to find patient information and keep it organized

As someone who speaks with patients on the phone constantly, I find it useful to be able to open multiple Powerchart files at once. This keeps me focused on the task at hand and after a phone call I can return to the previous patient I was working on. All in all this program has been a life saver.

Pros

The amount of information that is able to be found on this software and organized is truly amazing. This program makes it simple to find patient information in seconds and utilizes the ability to open multiple patients at the same time when things get frantic. I really enjoy the layout of the tabs and subsections within them, as they make it easy to find certain aspects of a patients file without digging through everything and wasting time. As long as staff members upload the information and keep it current there are no problems keeping track of a patients medical record and information.

Cons

I dislike that the software is not always intuitive. Some times there is information that I would like to find, but until I am trained on where to find the information in Powerchart I cannot locate it quickly. With that said, I believe there is simply a large learning curve for so much information and it will just take time - not really a fault in the service itself.

Alex A.

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Excellent for patient tracking!

Pros

The best software I've used for tracking patient's history and orders. It helps me accurately organize and make sure all radiology orders performed for selected patients are attached to their specific radiologist reading tests.

Cons

The only difficulty that I came across with at the beginning was finding reports and documents for patients when they were requested. With some training this task becomes pretty easy making this software absolutely useful!

Rachael M.

Reviewed on 08/06/2019

Cerner as EMR

Overall, it is a pretty intuitive EMR. It was easy to adapt to. It covers all the important aspects an EMR should have.

Pros

I like the note templates it provides, and that it allows you to create your own personal templates and smart phrases. The medication reconciliation feature is also helpful especially for admissions.

Cons

I wish some features were easier to use including patient assessments and I's and O's.

Jonathan D.

Reviewed on 02/09/2019

Easy to Navigate for Inpatients

After just a handful of uses, I felt comfortable with Cerner

Pros

My group switched to Cerner and I find it much easier to navigate than my old system. I find this comparable to EPIC in terms of easy to use and reliability. Everything is nicely organized and very well put together.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about this other than the cost of the product is not the cheapest

Daniel T.

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

Customizable Electronic Chart

Pros

Lot's of customization options. You can build your own page and pull from different sources to create an all in one page for easy patient assessment.

Cons

It can definitely be overwhelming at first to use and there are some little idiosyncrasies you need to know. Once you get familiar with it, it's smooth sailing. But you may need to write down instructions for some things because certain things are not very intuitive.

Ann A.

Reviewed on 28/07/2016

Powerchart LTC

We are a LTC that is owned by a Health System and the entire Health System went live with Cerner all at the same time. It was a very interesting and intense transition. Overall, for LTC the whole experience was a good one.

Pros

I think the biggest pro is the MAR - our nurses love it.

Reviewed on 03/08/2018

New software for hospital

Pros

Cerner was a big step up from where our organization was prior. After the initial learning phase, Cerner provided a clean, modern, easy to navigate software for a hospital of over 2000 employees. There were many different ways to get a task done in Cerner which was helpful across the board for different learning styles.

Cons

Within the first six months of use, it seemed like there more system crashes than there should have been. This put many departments behind and made things difficult.

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

Cerner

Pros

I like that it is people friendly. Not hard to use at all

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Cerner Software

Deserae J.

Reviewed on 12/06/2019

Simple but click intensive

Pros

Simple enough to use. This program changed my job tremendously. By far the simplest EMR system I've used in my career.

Cons

The program is very click intensive. It generally takes 3 or 4 extra clicks to accomplish simple tasks. Such as, open one box, click to open another box within the first box, then open a charging option, then chart, click to save and then refresh to score the data in patients chart.

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Great EHR with Simplicity

Able to see a lot of patients once learned and have a easy and flowing clinic.

Pros

Easy to use once learned, quick functionality, templates are available for ease of use.

Cons

Learning curve is a bit steep, can be slow at times depending on server.

Lora E.

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

needs work

Pros

being able to access remotely and get work done is great!

Cons

problems that arise because of difficulty to navigate certain areas; users are unaware and unable to utilize full capacity of software

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

Power chart

Pros

I like the ability to have all patient information for all doctors throughout the system in one location

Cons

What I liked least about Powerchart is that the system runs extremely slow

Kirk S.

Reviewed on 09/03/2019

Nicely Designed EMR

Pros

I really like the adaptability with this software. The seemless interface with the dragon dictation device really speeds up charting. I’ve noticed a significant decrease in my charting time when compared to previous EMRs I’ve used.

Cons

The pages are visually very busy which can be distracting and overwhelming at times.

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

Cerner Ambulatory EHR

Overall, once the system is learned it have many good and useful features. Allowing for ease of detailed medical knowledge.

Pros

The most appealing aspect to cerner is the data collection. It allows for complete detailed patient history.

Cons

Can be difficult to navigate through the system. It can be challenging to teach new users.

Laurie P.

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

Cerner

Pros

I like the ease of use and the features that allows one to do multiple tasks at one time.

Cons

Overall a great product. Nothing that I really don't like.

Sahmon F.

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

Worst EHR I've every used in the last decade

Cons

Very cumbersome, several "clicks" for even the simplest order, crashes all the time, etc... the list is endless

Dawn S.

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

Cerner PowerChart Ambulatory EHR review

Its not a user friendly EHR

Pros

The way you can see the patoents code status at the top of the bar

Cons

to many places to have to look for documents

Brenna S.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

Not user friendly

Used it once, and hopefully wont need to use again, not one of my favorite EHRs to use.

Pros

I like using EHRs to document on patients, so this is an option for healthcare workers to use, so on that level it at least serves that purpose,

Cons

From previous user experience it is not overly user friendly, its very difficult to look at previous visits, and sending prescriptions is also difficult.

Darren J.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

Providers love PowerChart

Our clinics were all using PowerChart when I supported them. I really didn’t hear any complaints from the providers.

Pros

The interface is clean, simple, and streamlined. Our providers were able to learn the new system quickly.

Cons

I have to say that I never heard any negative comments from our providers about PowerChart. Providers are usually quick to complain about something they don’t like.

Kurt V.

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

Cerner REview

I used cerner for medical records charting while work in a mental health service. It did not have the user friendly feel that I would have hoped.

Bm M.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Horrible horrible horrible

Stay away.

Cons

Too many to list. Layout is poor. Confusing. A clinic note takes me about 5 to 7 minutes to do. Double what it did before.