About Branch

Branch is a cloud-based employee time and productivity tracking solution designed for businesses managing multiple employee shifts. It offers the ability to track hourly work, view schedules, plan shifts, assign tasks and...

Browse Branch Reviews

Jannatin N. Jannatin N.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 09/09/2020

Got a Business? Workers and Employees to keep track of? This is your best help!

Great, wonderful, and by far the best application so far that we had to use so far to work as a proper team. So I adore this software!

Pros

This software is one of the best applications in managing shifts and hours for employees. As an employee, I am able to drop shifts, pick up shifts, or give shifts to others who may be able to cover them up for me. It just makes the process so much easier and literally gives a great light to the meaning of "Branch"

Cons

I do not like how a lot of settings tend to not be accessible cause the manager has to approve it but other than that, it is a great software.

Josheoni K. Josheoni K.
  • Industry: Wireless

Reviewed on 21/11/2020

Free and Easy to use

My overall experience is okay what I recommended to my family and friends as of right now no. I personally think that Branch should add a little bit more options and definitely have that online customer service chat whether it being live or a robot. Thank you

Pros

What I liked about branch is that it's simple and easy. I've only use this for a couple of months and I have not ran into any major problems. I like the fact that it's free you could link your bank to it if it qualifies, you can lock and unlock your card without calling 1-800 customer service, you can add funds, you can move funds, link to Google pay, and you can even ask for a Payday advance. That's if you qualify.

Cons

No there are a couple of things that I don't like about it is that I know it's simple and easy to use but sometimes it's a little too simple. Like for example when you want to add funds if you're adding from a bank account it will take three to five business days and for me that's way too long. But also concerns me is that there is no setting to manage alerts for example every time a money is being taken out or my card is being used at the store I want to get an alert so I know with branch there's no settings whatsoever. My last concern is that there is no online chat for customer service. By the time most people get off which is at 5:00 and then get home around 6:00 the banks are already closed. now if I'm sitting there and I want to go over my finances and I see something wrong in my account I don't want to have to wait until the following morning when I'm at work. I want to take care of the issue right then and there with most banks such as Wells Fargo is 24/7. I feel if the customer service is not there then you're never going to be serviced the way you should as a customer. I mean without customers there's no business.

Grayson B. Grayson B.

Reviewed on 15/06/2018

Perfect for Connecting With Work!

Reminders about shifts, new information from store supervisor, other things important to my job.

Pros

What I personally love about this app is that it's the perfect way to see my schedule and who I'm working with instead of taking a picture of my schedule every week on my phone and taking up more space than what is necessary. The app also shows you how much you make in a week when you add your wage, and also reminds you of your shift a couple hours before! On the main page it also shows you the current weather, which is great if you don't work in the same town as the one you live in like myself. You can post within the app and there is a section to post in to see if anyone needs a shift covered or if you yourself needs a shift covered.

Cons

There isn't really anything that I dislike about the software, but if I had to choose something it would be the "Team" tab which is used for contacting other team members, making groups, etc. I personally don't use it, and opt to just text my co-workers instead, but it is a great idea to have the section inside the app.

Top Branch Alternatives

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

Branch or no...?

I actually within the time of use found it helpful and ease of use was a benifit. It doesn't allow much room to misuse or overborrow.

Pros

I really liked the fact it used two factor authentication and it seemed not as buggy as other platforms I have experience with.

Cons

The customer service response time and solutions offered by its artificial intelligence. It too long of a gap and no one is available via phone which would be more pragmatic and reliable.

Leticia S. Leticia S.

Reviewed on 24/01/2018

Branch is such a life saver on looking up shifts to switching shifts!

looking up shifts are so much easy, especially when your double cheking, communicating to others about shift change or just in general are so much easier. Just love the easy use to this!! especially seeing the schedule and day by day timelines HELP ALOT

Pros

What i love so much about the software is how easy it is to look up shifts, look up people, and even commincate with other about shift openings and other important information.

Cons

Sing up is quite difficult because other companies mix with other companies stores ( ex starbucks, mc donalds). as well sometimes the shifts are not read correctly and are incorrectly written.

Ben O. Ben O.
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 09/01/2018

I work with Pizza Hut and we use this app. I have never had any problems at all with it.

I am able to see my schedule immediately when it comes out, not the next time I work. It is just much more convenient to have in your pocket rather than at your place of work.

Pros

I like that the app will give you notifications on when your next shift is and how available the schedule is.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a little while for the app to load, and it would be nice to be able to choose how far ahead you want the notification for your next shift.

Reviewed on 02/02/2018

Every so often we have a few glitches with the schedules but it's very easy to use

Pros

I love the fact that it keeps the staff up to date and informed. Also, the way it breaks the schedules down into calendar for ia very convenient.

Cons

We have a large staff and I wish there was an easier way to take a picture of the schedule to make sure all the employees are included in there. Because some times I have to add people in there manually. Or they just don't make it in at all

Reviewed on 15/09/2018

Simple, sleek, and easy

Pros

It is simple to use. It is a more fun and interactive way to communicate with coworkers. It’s made switching shifts, getting our weekly schedule, asking time off, and getting updates a single simple and easy place to do so. It’s made everything more transparent for us. The messenger makes it easy to access every team member. It doesn’t have many features for the messenger portion as the other tabs due, but it does the job. I love the fact that it tells you how many hours you worked the week and how much you’ll get.i love that we get a notification two hours before our shift starts.

Cons

I don’t like that you can’t see the days you worked once the new week begins. It would be nice to look back on the app of the days you worked previously. It would be nice to also include the estimated total pay amount for the month or two weeks.

Michael R. Michael R.

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Great app really takes managing to a new level.

Pros

When an employee cant come to work they can ask the entire staff about coverage without needing anyones phone number also helps managers be more aware.

Cons

I do not have any complaints the app does everything i need it to and then some. Only real improvement would maybe be if when your seeing the schedule it let you go back without having to exit the app.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 14/07/2018

Branch Assist helped my small business team to take success into its own hands through...

Productivity increased through easy-to-use technology

Pros

Ease of use is a major thing for us. Some of the team is tech savvy and some not so much. This product really worked for everyone at all levels of experience that needed to use it.

Cons

Like anything there are improvements that could be made but they ARE being made frequently so no complaints here.

Tim S. Tim S.

Reviewed on 01/08/2017

from a manager standpoint Branch has been an effective way to get shifts covered quickly

shift coverage used to be a big part of my job. now its much simpler

Pros

All staff have access to it whether its by smartphone or by computer. Its simple to use and as a manager, tracking is very good. Customer service has also been very helpful.

Cons

error in which when one staff tries to cover an open shift, if manager doesnt approve it another staff can sometimes be overwritten by another staff. Better option would be for all staff interested in a shift to be able to click, then manager chooses

Cody B. Cody B.

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Best app for small business or large departments

Collaborative behavior and communications with co-workers. As well as 1-on-1 communications with managers that is extremely convienent and allows for a quick message to be sent to dept heads without having to take time from the actual work-day.

Pros

This software is so easy to use and has amazing mobile to web compatability. Its a collaborative app and allows staff members to chat both about and not about work, make announcements and trade shifts. If only we could get our payroll clerk to get on it and automatically change in the timeclock system. I honestly love this app and everything it stands for.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about the app is that it doesn't take unpaid lunches into account and overestimates hours (40hour week with 5 1-hour lunches =45hrs in app when staff is getting paid for 40)

Bryan V. Bryan V.

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Branch Messenger on Android

Pros

Love being able to track my shifts and see who I'm working with. It's so much better than having to go into work or call in to ask when my next shift is.

Love being able to trade shifts around so easily and post updates.

Cons

Only issue I have is it often refuses to let me view the schedule until I close and then reopen the app. (running in a Google Pixel XL)
Other than that, no complaints

Matthew D. Matthew D.

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

Great. Only issue is the app wont always work but its better than nothing.

Just the fact that I get to know my schedule anywhere I am I love that and it's great

Pros

The fact that I get to see my schedule talk with other employees and my boss can send little messages on a wall like Facebook

Cons

I don't like when the app crashes another problem is when you first open it up if you try to look at the schedule too soon that'll never load and you got to close it and reopen it stuff like that big bummer

Katie W. Katie W.

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

It is a very nice app to have and easy to use!

I love the app it’s super efficient

Pros

I love this app because it helps me contact my co workers so very easy. I can see how much I will be making for the week, see my schedule when I’m not even on the app and I love the reminders for shifts.

Cons

The one thing I would change would be only the understanding of it. Sometimes I don’t understand some things on the app.

Tiffany C. Tiffany C.

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

review

At this time I am satisfied and have no issue as well I would recommend this to all my coworkers

Pros

Very easy to use and download and would tell everyone to use

Cons

Nothing at this time I like it all at this time

Penny S. Penny S.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

Great for Advances

My overall experience with Branch has been good so far

Pros

Using Branch has been great for me. The main thing that I like is how it allows me to get an advance if needed.

Cons

The only thing that I do not like about Branch is the length of time a person has to wait in order to qualify for the advance

Nate F. Nate F.
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

My overall experience has been good. As a manager, it’s easy to talk to my crew, look at the schedule, and generally know what’s going on.

Pros

Touch ID entry option and the schedule alert notification. It’s very helpful.

Cons

How it calculates your earnings. It just seems a little off. I don’t often, but maybe I’ll give it a try.

Wendyann G. Wendyann G.

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

User

All issues relates to the software and ease if learning

Pros

Easy to learn and great asset to learn on the computer was easy to ahow others hiw to use rhe software

Cons

Slow at first but after usung fir awhile it became easier to use abd to teach other gow to use the program

Tessa A. Tessa A.

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Works for Me

I like how it tells you how much you have made during the week. It helps me to budget my spending.

Pros

I like that we can all have accounts and be able to talk to each other, especially since not all of us like to use social media.

Cons

It messes up our scheduled times occasionally, besides that it is perfect!

Mike S. Mike S.

Reviewed on 22/05/2018

Mostly a good app. Some things are annoying, but it makes things easier.

Pros

Easier to get messages to all employees, take or reject requests and shift changes, and to post schedule.

Cons

Have to use A.M./P.M. notations or military time. Doesn't recognize names all the time and misspells them, prompting invites for current users, and sometimes miscalculates hours.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Love the communication tools

Would like more information about this to be used on a international basis

Pros

Very easy to use and get the whole team on board at one time. The interface that we use is very simple and love it

Cons

sometimes its just too easy. and there are people that don't belive in it because all th other tools we use

Angel Z. Angel Z.

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Works well with trading shifts and messaging others to get in contact especially if it's last...

Ease of contact and swapping shifts with others.

Pros

Easy to use, no problems so far with my experience. Have been using this app for about a year now, and no complaints.

Cons

There is not anything bad to report about the app. Everything is fine when I use it for my job and to contact.

Ethan C. Ethan C.

Reviewed on 05/05/2018

Branch Manager is so easy and helpful.

Pros

What I like most about Branch Manager is, as an employee, it is very easy to access the important information I need when I need it.

Cons

The only thing that I like least about Branch Manager is the way we are to request time off. The process is a bit annoying.

Abby L. Abby L.

Reviewed on 02/02/2019

Branch

I have enjoyed my experience with branch and I will ontinue to use it in my workplace for scheduling.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and how I can connect with my coworkers.

Cons

I don’t like the Branch Pay. I haven’t set it up but I always get too many notifications about it.