About Edmodo

Edmodo is a cloud-based learning management application for teachers to connect and collaborate with parents and students. The solution allows teachers to create academic groups, distribute assignments and homework, schedule...

4.2
4.2

Browse Edmodo Reviews

Alison

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

A "natural flow" LMS for students. Great for posting from homework to tests to parent...

Edmodo completely changes the flow of the classroom from when I was a student. Before you lecture as students take notes, then hand out homework. There may be notes home for parents that you then have to keep track of. NO MORE! The LMS allows to you upload all of the notes ahead of time, keeping students engaged, paying attention and participating. The homework can be uploaded, reducing the environmental impact of education in our one-to-one iPad environment, reducing the "I lost my homework/ You lost my homework" issues (the internet could eat it, but haven't had that yet!), test functions reduce the amount of paper tests to complete. Finally, parent communication can largely occur through the application as well. It creates a "one-stop-shop" environment for the classroom and streamlines the classroom process for easy teaching, and easy learning.

Pros

I like the user-friendly interface of Edmodo. It seems similar to some social media platforms, making it easy for students to interact in a familiar way. There are good controls, such as restriction of student access, and read-only abilities. It is a great way for teachers to share work, notes, homework, etc with their classes, and interact with their students. Tests can also be handled through this platform. Students can also edit their work on the platform and receive feedback. Parent communication can also be handled through the application, which keeps them in the loop and helps students communicate at home with their parents regarding their work. Badges are a great motivator, especially in the gamified classroom. Students can also use the planner feature to keep track of and prioritize their work. It is also a way that teachers can interact with each other. Finally, the integration with other software, like Google, is pretty well handled.

Cons

The features of Edmodo can be a bit limited compared to some other LMSs, but it is also what makes it a simple enough tool to be easy to learn. The grading is simplistic and makes it harder to use in upper-level education. There has also been some interruption from ads, that while always school appropriate, are not always age appropriate, so it has created some questions in the classroom. I have had some problems with notifications, which support suggests is working as designed, but I would like to receive a bit more notification other than direct student messages. Parents would also like to have communications with them and their student come from one source for two-way communication, to one area, rather than what it is now, which is a bit wider spread across platforms. I have also had some issues with the display of my Chinese characters. Additionally, weighted grades, or varying the assignments by students would be helpful.

CD

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

Love it!

I used this software when tutoring my students in multiple subjects. It helped me collaborate with other tutors and tailor lessons to each student.

Pros

This is an online learning platform that allows teachers, students, and parents to collaborate and create custom made lessons for students. It's like combining Dojo, Moodle, and BARBRI all in one.

Cons

It may take a little practice to get the hang of the software. It has a few moving parts because the software has so much to use!

Moodle LMS

Reasons for Switching to Edmodo

Edmodo could be used for all grades. Moodle seemed to work better for older students.

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

Easy to use software!

Great!

Pros

Easy to use software although not as robust as we need.

Cons

There are many limitations to the software.

FACTS

Top Edmodo Alternatives

Mahmut emre
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 13/09/2022

kids likes to do homework

Pros

is one of the successful actors of online education (lms-learning management systems). The interface is very simple and useful. After completing the necessary procedure, you can become an approved teacher and classes are created. When the code given when the class is created is given to the students, all of them can register for that class, file sharing can be done from both the computer and the existing library. One of the most beautiful applications is the exam application, multiple choice, short answer, matching, correct-answer, open-ended questions can be created and hundreds of students can participate. can be provided. The results of the exams can be taken in detail and exam analyzes with success percentage and response time indicator can be created with a single click. Motivation can be increased by giving badges to students for their achievements.

Thousands of educators who teach in the same fields around the world can be contacted and information and materials can be shared.

Cons

proficient notifications and alert system are understaffed, there should be more options for feedback on assignments and tasks

Manav

Reviewed on 15/04/2022

Great software for E-Learning

Pros

Easy to use for both teachers as well as students. Teachers can easily share assignments, timetables and other content with students quickly and easily. Also, students can easily view the shared documents by the teachers.

Cons

As this software provides several features it becomes a bit complex in starting to understand the software.

• Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 26/08/2022

One of the best open source LMS

Pros

I like the way the content is brought to life with Edmodo. Unlike its opponents like Moodle or Google Classroom, it makes learning more motivating especially for younger learners.

Cons

System can be busy at times and Ads can be annoying which is a downside for being a free app.

Islam

Reviewed on 12/09/2022

The importace of edmodo

Pros

It was a great platform between students and the teacher finally it was an useful app

Cons

It was a good app for studing and taking lessons online

Leeann
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 13/05/2022

Edmodo is a great free tool for teachers

Generally, Edmodo works well once you get accustomed to the features and how to use it optimally.

Pros

Edmodo is a really great way for teachers to connect with students and parents. I love how parents can connect with their child's account and therefore be part of the class and always know what is taking place. It is a great repository and I love how library feature.

Cons

I wish that you could change the order of your posts after posting since sometimes you post something but then realise you wanted something to appear before it. Also, embedding files doesn't always work great in terms of how it shows up on the feed.

• Industry: Textiles

Reviewed on 08/04/2022

The LMS for everyone.

I like Edmodo because is an innovative LMS which has helped a lot of students around the world during the Covid-19 pandemic. It is free and it has ensured that everyone can have access to education.

Pros

Edmodo is one of the best LMS in the market. The platform is very easy to use, and the interface is intuitive. What I like the most about it is that teachers, parents, and students can interact with each other in the right place. I strongly recommend it.

Cons

Edmodo integrates a lot of useful functions however for some users would need a lot of time to get use to the platform.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 10/05/2022

Edmodo Regular Usage Review

My overall experience was satisfactory.

Pros

This software does what it is supposed to do, but it is very annoying and hard to use in what it is supposed to do.

Cons

The UI of this software is not the most likable thing in the world.

CARLOS

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

excellent, with edmodo my classes are more dynamic

dynamism, feedback, learning, continuous communication with my students, facilitates virtual distance education.

Pros

I am a university professor in the area of finance and management, I have about three years using edmodo as a virtual teaching platform and I found it extremely useful.
With edmodo I can structure all the content of the subject, as well as schedule exams and other virtual assessments for my students in bolivia, chile and venezuela.
students can access the platform at any time of the day and follow the schedule of distance classes
Likewise Edmodo evaluation tools automatically correct the quizzes carried out by the students according to the answers that I program. This undoubtedly facilitates the correction process, by totaling the grades of my students.
On the other hand Edmodo allows me to upload all kinds of files as well as link material of didactic interest for my virtual classes.

Cons

I am very satisfied and excited about Edmodo. I consider it an excellent educational platform. I use it daily with excellent results.

Ma Jovelyn

Reviewed on 03/03/2019

Edmodo for the win!

As a 21st century teacher, utilizing Edmodo in my classroom makes me look like a trendy teacher. Plus it offers trainings and special offers through personal email by directly messaging me on my email address. It surely a great learning partner for me and my students

Pros

Edmodo helps me connect to my students not only in the classroom but in the internet room as well. I have let my students be exposed to this kind of technological innovations so they can see that the internet is not only about social media but a platform of learning as well. In this platform, I upload more of my lectures so that they could easily add notes in their reviewers. I also share helpful links and assignments that make their papers easier to do. I also loved the messaging feature where they could directly message me and ask questions about the given topics. I have gained so much respect and cool points from my students whenever we use this app.

Cons

There is nothing not to love about this app. It is accessible and user-friendly both to teachers and the students as well. But of course, there is still room for improvements. Maybe it would be more convenient to use if we could add files directly to edmodo using other online storages

Reviewed on 20/09/2020

Parents, Students and Teachers in one Place

Overall, it is one of the best software to submit Homework as well as addressing your issues to Teachers and the school staff. You can easily take parents along in a loop.

Pros

It provides a good communication platform for students and teachers you can also invite parents. It also allows you to send regular progress report to parents. Not only you can submit Homework where the Homework is assigned you can also use timeline to do so. You can also post or chat with fellow students. Whenever student submit Homework it notifies the teacher.

Cons

There should be at least a chat window facility. If added a conference call facility it would be a great addition for interactive communication. Sometimes notification still shown as unread even after reading and even you clear the history it still there. Its mobile app sometimes not as convenient as its desktop version. It lacks in its technical terms.

Amira

Reviewed on 02/10/2021

The use of Edmodo in e-learning

I used Edmodo in online teaching throughout the whole pandemic period. This experience was outstanding, my students and I loved the software so much. It made them feel as if they were using a social media platform, which made the process of teaching fun. It has some issues, yet it's still my favorite so far. I highly recommend teachers to use it, they will definitely love it.

Pros

• The software allows collaboration between students and teachers.
• It contains several tools that help interaction between students and teachers.
• I love the fact that assignments can be scheduled easily.
• Students can easily access it.
• It allows teachers to upload files and documents for the benefit of students.

Cons

• The interface is a bit complicated to understand from the first time.
• There are problems with the mobile version.
• The software sometimes runs slow.

Linda

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Perfect platform for communicating with students!

I've had a great experience with Edmodo. They are very innovative and offer continuing education for teachers and also host educational technology conferences and webinars. They have great customer service and the platform is easy to use.

As a teacher I have to communicate with students. I worked at a school for four years where all teachers used Edmodo. The students knew that this was the place to find missing work or assignments and all class communication. I enjoyed creating surveys within the class stream and students could see real time results.

Pros

Edmodo is a great platform for student engagement. Students today are tech saavy and are comfortable using social media. Edmodo is set up like Facebook for education. I like that there is an app that students can download and will be alerted when I post a new lesson, resource or message. In the teacher app, I receive alerts when students submit work or comment in the class stream.

Cons

What I don't like about this software is that I have to manually input quiz questions, and after they are in the test bank, there is no way for me to download a complete test with answer key.

Wasim

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

An easy way to connect with students

Overall, Edmodo has been a wonderful platform for instructing and controlling an online class.

Pros

The many features of Edmodo make it one of the most powerful online student learning platforms. The best feature of the platform is the exam generator. In Edmodo, a teacher has the ability to design and administer a variety of exams in different styles. Another vital feature of the exam generator is that of the ability to schedule the exam to be sent to students at a particular time. Moreover, one has the ability to administer an exam to an entire class, or particular individual, which is awesome.

Cons

Despite being a very powerful tool, Edmodo is not very reliable. In some instances, all of its features work just fine. However, in a considerable amount of moments, the platform 'bugs out' or glitches. A common issue is that of the grade book malfunctioning in such a way that to some students, the questions may not be formatted or displayed properly.

Reviewed on 25/11/2018

Great parent/teacher collaboration platform

Pros

Used Edmodo for my daughter's elementary school years. This is a great platform. Easy to communicate with teachers, track upcoming assignments, quizzes, and tests. Makes you feel empowered and engaged as a parent knowing what your child is learning and allowed me to help them be prepared. Cool collaboration feature with other students was a safe and focused environment for my child.

Cons

Did not find the mobile version to be as effective as the web version. It would be great to have some sort of live chat functionality where a teacher could post hours available so if a student needed live assistance for homework or after school questions about an assignment, it could all be done through the platform.

Katherine

Reviewed on 06/04/2018

My experience has been excellent with Edmodo, I recommend it.

The benefits that I had as a student is the easy learning I had with this tool and as an administrator the facility to evaluate.

Pros

Both for teachers and students it is easy to access and easy to use. It allows you to upload YouTube videos, comment, share files, send tasks and see the progress you have. The teacher can limit the delivery of a task and the best thing is that the jobs are stored in the backpack.

Cons

Edmodo is an excellent tool. The only bad thing is that the page is heavy, so it sometimes takes a long time to load, so you should wait to upload a file.

Berenice

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Great Educational Social Network

This social educational network puts into our hands the transformation of education, since the interaction of teachers with students will be constant and in a more dynamic and enjoyable for the learners, and in turn will allow us to reinforce those co Not reached by any group of students, and at the same time assignments can also be made to students who are unable to attend in a given time.

Pros

This wonderful educational network allows teachers to keep in touch with our students and representatives in order to provide educational strategies to ensure meaningful learning, while it is easy to use, safe, Interactive, versatile and free. Other advantages also offer distance classes for those students who so require by some health or other situation for a certain time with flexibility of schedule.

Cons

They are very scarce, among them you can mention that you can not visualize the students who are online, you can not migrate the information to be published the wall of the groups and the students cannot communicate with each other directly by mens Aje and private

Jeriel Ivan Don

Reviewed on 12/12/2021

Excellent feature set, excellent usability

Overall, I like how Edmodo can do almost everything Google Classroom does, except it's tied to Microsoft instead. It offers a lot of features, it's kid-friendly, it helps me organize all of my internet resources, manage my students' work, and it includes a lot of external resources to help me discover relevant courses.

Pros

The Discover area is by far my favorite feature. A large number of resources are organized by topic, and each video or resource is labeled as elementary, middle, or high school. Teachers may be rated as helpful, which reduces the amount of time I spend looking for materials by half. I like that I may explore at my leisure or rapidly look for and analyze a resource if I need to occupy some time at the last minute.

Cons

While I like that they have just included a new daily agenda element, I find it to be a bit too heavy for my tastes. It's nice that a teacher can add papers, links, and other things, but I'd like a simpler daily plan simply so kids can have a sense of how long our day will be. I can do that, but it's honestly quicker to simply write a post with that information than to complete up the agenda function.

Renee

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Great classroom product

I am able to collaborate with my students and allow them to communicate in a way that appeals to their type of communication with message boards and social media. Very user friendly and easy to set up.

Pros

This program is very easy to use. There are so many resources available. The collaboration with teachers and ability to network with students reaches kids are on their level

Cons

I have been very pleased with this software. There is nothing that I have noticed that doesn’t help me.

Reviewed on 15/02/2020

Edmodo

It was really good until I realized what features they were missing. I made the decision to switch to Schoology as a result, and haven't looked back.

Pros

I initially started using Edmodo in my classroom as an 8th grade teacher. It allowed students to submit work on an iPad and get it to me easily. They had a great set up, very user friendly, and it fit right into my classroom routine.

Cons

I was disappointed that Edmodo just didn't keep up with its competitors like Canvas and Schoology. They went a different direction in terms of focus for the platform- more a social media and less a learning management system, and therefore I had to make the decision to move away from it. I'd wanted to support the platform but it wasn't growing as quickly as I needed it to, or as the competition was.

Manal
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 09/11/2018

The ideal virtual classroom tool

Edmodo was an option we moved after trying one another LMS at my workplace. And we have been using Edmodo for like 2+ years now. Students find Edmodo very easy to use, as it is more like a social media. Would definitely keep using it.

Pros

The reason why I love Edmodo is because it includes many useful features of virtual learning system all in one application and it is absolutely free.
The students can perform multiple activities / assignments, they can keep a track of their grades, student-tutor communication is very easier on Edmodo, and the even more loving reason is students can re-watch the past classes too and a forum for all students to interact.

Cons

I am not able to see who are the students who are online. This would be an added advantage.

Reviewed on 22/08/2018

Edmodo a practical platform for teachers

The experience I have had with Edmodo is very pleasant, since I have been able to create a learning space quickly, with varied content and in addition to organizing different courses at the same time, also being able to add by mail to all the students or by the course code. I really recommend it.

Pros

Edmodo is a web platform very easy to use, with the features of a blog, but with modules with features of an LMS, such as taking students' notes, making tests or exams, allows you to maintain a communication between students in an asicronic way and also to place or link any type of teaching material from pdf to videos from youtube

Cons

The only thing that Edmodo for being a web platform, is that it can not have some facilities to add certain modules with functionalities, which allow it to be coupled with other software. neither does it have a chat or way of communicating with students among themselves, in a synchronized way or by private message.

Zachary
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 12/05/2019

Edmodo

Pros

Makes it easy to communicate with parents and students about deadlines, class notes, and other important memos

Cons

There are a few features that I wish Edmodo included, such as a behavior management element (think class Dojo) and a checklist feature that I could pin for students to have a quick reference of the week's due dates.