About Zoho Projects

Zoho Projects is a cloud-based project management solution designed for small and midsize companies. It offers project scheduling and budgeting, which allows project managers to define project tasks, assign them to their teams,...

4.2
4.1

Browse Zoho Projects Reviews

Nicolas

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

Flexible project management tool

Pros

It has a simple and easy to use user interface. It allows you to create personalized designs that adapt to the particularities of each project. It facilitates the identification of problems and allows them to be listed for their orderly attention. Communication with team members is very effective with personal or group chat room.

Cons

The configuration to integrate it with some Zoho tools turned out to be a bit cumbersome. It is also bit slow to load the resources.

Kelly M

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

This easy-to-use app keeps track of chores and projects quickly

I really like the functions, the tools, and everything else that this software provides us with in order to manage a project. Those tools are really useful and important at the moment in order to manage a project and collaboration, and this software, it's absolutely useful if you want to manage like a professional.

Pros

Zoho projects have a number of great features, but one of my favorites is the option to personalize the parameters for the project management. In addition to being incredibly simple to operate, the customization function meets the vast majority of the needs that my firm has in regard to project management.

Cons

Zoho Projects is, without a doubt, one of the least user-friendly and most aggravating pieces of software I have ever worked with. It has some of the worst user experience and interface (UI) that I have ever seen, and it is missing some of the most fundamental capabilities that a project management software ought to have. It has been nothing but a hassle from the beginning to the end.

Rajan

Reviewed on 26/12/2022

Best Task management Software compared to other software

I have used Zoho from last 2 years but the services of Zoho software best ever I have seen so as per my perspective Zoho is good task management software compared to others.

Pros

The tabular form of zoho has been best features of zoho so user can easily understand.

Cons

There are some glitch on zoho software so there should be fixed on mobile responsive design.

Top Zoho Projects Alternatives

Reviewed on 09/04/2019

I wanted to love it.

I wanted to love ZOHO Projects and all of ZOHO suits. And I still believe the concept is a fantastic one. Most of the major apps any small business will need one place. But it felt like ZOHO haphazardly patched together apps from several different creators.

I will be happy to try ZOHO again, once integration becomes more seamless. I look forward to newer versions!

Pros

The single login with the ZOHO suite was a nice feature. I tried ZOHO primarily because I wanted one suite for the majority of my business app needs.

Cons

My major complaint falls into two categories:
1. Integrations between ZOHO's own products are not as good as could be. And I have seen better integration with other PM software and third-party apps.
2. ZOHO suite, in general, does a lot of things, but most things not well.

I signed up for ZOHO Projects primarily because I wanted to integrate it with other apps in the ZOHO suite. However, I found these integrations were not seamless and nowhere near as functional as they could be. For example; I use both Projects and Invoices for clients, can send them invites from both applications for a client portal. However, both portals require a seperate login for the client. This frustrates clients, as they know both apps are ZOHO, yet they need separate credentials.

On my end, all of ZOHO's billing was not integrated. Which means there was a separate invoice and viewing page for billing for each ZOHO APP. I would expect billing to function more like G Suite, with all ZOHO apps billed together.

As a stand-alone PM APP I found it not to be user friendly. You can't choose which fields or features you want. We tend to use more of a Kanban methodology and would prefer if task start and end dates were not mandatory. While I like the idea of the Sprint version of this APP, I wanted some of the client management features of full Projects.

Kato

Reviewed on 04/12/2022

Easy to manage projects in one place

I use it to create and manage projects both ongoing and old ones from one place

Pros

Project reminders helps us not to miss any project because of busy schedules since it can post a notification, as well, I like the customer support services

Cons

The tools have a lot of sub-dashboards that makes accessing old projects so hard but other features are well crafted

Eabyn
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 24/06/2022

Essential for managing large complex projects

Great, the platform is allowing our organisation to visualise and structure our schedules efficiently

Pros

Allows for highly detailed project management that can be allocated to multiple users within our organisation

Cons

With the benefit of complexity for large tasks the user interface can feel overwhelming at times

Scoro

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Projects

Zoho seemed to offer more complex project management features

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Projects

Zoho seemed to offer a more cohesive platform with Zoho projects as a feature program
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 16/06/2022

Great product but at top tier clickup was better value

Good, I liked it and I'd go back.
Their resource scheduling could be improved and their pricing is a little high for me as a self employed person

Pros

Overall project budgeting
Integrations with other zoho products
Integration with Gmail is great

Cons

Wasn't adequately integrated with other zoho products
Too expensive for full functionality. Worked better with zoho one deal but that didn't work out for me so I dropped projects too

ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Projects

Better gmail integration Better project budgeting
William

Reviewed on 05/02/2021

On first glance has the features you need

This could be a great basic and affordable project system if Zoho would just fix some basic day to day usability issues. As it is, it's frustrating and not flexible enough in some basic ways.

Pros

Has all the high level features you would want from a basic project management software. Projects, tasks, issues, share access with customers, custom fields, discussions, calendars, finances. Integrates with other Zoho products like Desk and Books.

Cons

The integrations are flaky. Integration with Zoho Desk is very limited and we ran into several bugs setting it up. The integration with Zoho Books doesn't work well for our workflow so we end up creating invoices manually in Books instead of using the integration.
The system doesn't remember your preferred view and constantly changes on you.
The Kanban view is next to useless. It allows for no sorting at all! It doesn't display any additional useful information like priority/severity.
Support is lackluster. They will respond, but not really directly address your issue. My takeaway from this is that the system is the way it is, take it or leave it.
Because of all the small UI quirks and bugs it wastes a lot of your time.
I find the settings difficult to navigate. Even though I fairly often change settings, I still have trouble finding the proper project level settings every time I need to change something.

Krunal

Reviewed on 26/12/2022

Veri efficient and capable project management software!

Pros

-Keeping track of your tasks and managing your projects has never been easier.-Small and large projects can be handled easily with multiple tasks.-Because it's stacked properly, it's easy to find tasks and projects.

Cons

-Everything that I encountered is likable.

Al
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 21/12/2022

Projecting your Projects

I have solved several issues with Projects. I can now keep my staff on task and can track all projects at one time. This keeps everyone accountable while working from home.

Pros

I love this application, the ease of tracking my teams status is impeccable. Customer support help my team understand the proper usage and helped a lot.

Cons

It was difficult to understand initially, but once support explained everything step by step it was easy to implement.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 21/09/2021

Zoho Projects - A Good Solution for Small Businesses

Overall, I have been very satisfied using Zoho Projects. Since I am using the free version, it is very economical. When my business grows, I will without a doubt upgrade so that I can add more users and projects.

Pros

The free version is very full-featured and easy to use. I use Zoho Projects every day with another co-worker across two projects and it words great. We mostly use it for task management.

Cons

I wish that there was a better connection between ZOHO Begin and ZOHO Projects.

Microsoft Project and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Projects

I was looking for a project management solution that had features that were missing from Basecamp but was not more expensive.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Projects

I was already using other Zoho products so I liked the idea of choosing a project management solution that was in the same family of products that I was already using.
Roshi

Reviewed on 12/12/2017

Love this product- others don't compare!

Love this product and I recommend it for anyone managing something on their own, or with teams.

There's just minor improvements, like the Tasks and Time tracking thing I mention above, that need refining.
And while customer service is also great (I can always reach a human),the knowledge base and Help sections needs user experience streamlining.

With the value pricing and the robustness of this product, I will always recommend this product to anyone - and do!

Pros

Clear user design with logical and clear content and category designations. Love that they offer multiple view options for those who, say for example, would rather have a Kaban view over a more linear list breakdown.

I have yet to find anything else as clearly user friendly and LOGICAL in organization. A lot of other sites I've used try too hard to be cool and modern, and actually end up causing user confusion with all their different layers. It's exhausting. But with Zoho Projects, I can go in quickly and get what I need!

Also love how it interfaces with other Zoho products, such as Invoices, and I can export my time sheets.

I love that I can hit a timer on my tasks, too.

Overall, it has great standard operations with plenty of options for customization.

Cons

Sometimes the invoice functions seem redundant to someone using the Zoho Invoices, and that has caused me to accidentally create some duplicates within Projects (when I was really just trying to create an invoice in Invoices), and I have had to clean up my own mess. That's the one area I think they made things a little more convoluted.

I can't think of any other major cons - I've never had issues with this product. I don't use the Bug Tracker at all, so I can't speak to that.

In Documents, it's unclear up front whether, when I pull a document in from a cloud, if it's going to sync any changes with that cloud app (like Google Drive, etc), or if it's just importing as is.

Their Learning Center is also woefully organized. I can't search any topics, though the visualization videos you first land on are helpful for starters. But the info I REALLY can search is in the general Zoho Getting Started section...those knowledge centers should be merged and not be so confusing. Even the Forums in Projects help, I can't even search a topic on them on the landing page...so odd!

And, lastly, it would be so great if Tasks had more Duration options. If it had an option where I could set a Task in HOURS, rather than only Days, then I could actually track something regularly hourly per week as well as track my weekly progress on it. Right now, I can't do that, I have to do that manually :(
And, you can't seem to delete a Duration period once you've put it in (without also setting an end date). what if I just accidentally put in a duration?!

Juan
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

My experience in ZOHO is amazing. My life changed when I discover this program.

My experience in ZOHO is amazing.We are a company operating in 7 countries (Spain, Morocco, USA, China, Vietnam, Korea, France). We are about 120 active people in product and process development.
ZOHO has allowed a correct platform to do the communication between different countries.
Also, we have improved the project procedure implementation.
We are 150 people in ZOHO projects. We are working in several countries (Spain, Morocco, France, Korea, China, Vietnam, USA). Now all projects for new products, problems solutions, etc, are managed in ZOHO with a acceptable level implementation of the procedure.

Pros

Correct functionality for project management.
Available basics tools.
Easy and intuitive use.
Very Cheaper
High control of the activities by the managers

Cons

Not possible to install in our server. This is a problem for us (not big problems, but we prefer run in our server).
The GANTT view should be improved. It is not very clear, and complicated the export for communication with other people without access the system
Document for training is poor.
Not exist report system.
somo people has not clear the daily task.
The milestones are only informative (or I don't know the real idea of the ZOHO designers with this concept).
A little complicated for the project manager (this is my case).

Ken

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

This has been an easy to use and fast deployment app

Ease of use. Value for money. Useful features

Pros

This solution allowed us to become operational with our customers very quickly, and to provide a way to collaborate with them. The fact that it is online allows us to have common access with our clients and to provide transparency.
Previous to using this, all team members had their own versions of PM tools that were not compatible and made for a very frustrating experience when trying to collaborate.
Our clients like the fact that they have access to be able to contribute to the success of our projects.
Zoho as a company have made changes as part of our feature requests that continue to make the experience of using this solution more pleasurable.
Having a single price point for unlimited users and projects also made a huge difference when choosing a solution.
This is a highly recommended app for any size organization

Cons

There really isn't a downside considering the value for money. If the cost was inline with more expensive alternatives that have more features I could see that being an issue.

• Industry: Design

Reviewed on 02/07/2021

Zoho Projects has a lot of tools for its price. But it tries a little bit too much.

As a project director of an office with 15 people designing it has helped me a lot to organize resource and track project insights early. But the daily users doesn't take the advantage of it.

Pros

Zoho Projects is one of the softwares with more tools and connected to different platforms that I know. The ability to track tasks, hours. and other project indicators is awesome.

Cons

Even tho is capable of almost anything that other software can do is a little bit "unfriendly" if you are not highly capacitated on it. It takes a lot of time for the daily user to log hours into different tasks and projects so at the end of the ay a lot of users don't use a lot of the tools.

The same applies for the customer when you want them to use it. It is complicated and the notifications on everything sometimes annoy them. This is maximized with the lack of self customer service, more friendly and updated training videos or guides would help a lot.

Tom

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

Professional services organization happy with Zoho Projects

Multiple departments (implementation, product development, project management) have discovered the value of a collaborative tool which supports project management rigor (WBS, % complete, Tasks-to-Task dependency, etc.). We have been able to displace many siloed resources internally, such as hosted spreadsheets and MS Access databases.

Pros

Provider-client collaboration. Zoho Project allows internal team members to easily coordinate activities across a complex WBS (work break-down structure) .AND. collaborate and delegate tasks that the customer's contacts are responsible for.

Cons

That all Tasks and TaskLists under a given Milestone automatically inherit the property of either internal- or external-facing. This often causes us to replicate the WBS - one copy under internal-facing Milestone(s), the other copy under external-facing Milestone(s).

Aurora
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 11/10/2021

A project management and scheduling program

A very cheap and a useful product with allows you to have full control over the activity manager. Work flow automation with trigger-based events is also very useful feature. There are some time bugs present in the system with occasional service unavailability

Pros

Zoho specializes in planning, execution and perfection of your projects. The program helps you to assign tasks to your team with complete communication and progress. The tool also provides project insight to client with complete and detailed report. Task customization and time tracking option is also featured within this tool.

Cons

Google integration support is not available due to which sharing documents and live updates are not available. Document storage is very limited with a limited support of format. Calendar integration is not available with very limited tool features.

Gaetano

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

A very efficient, clear and proactive platform, extremely well designed and developed.

Collaborating without any problems with colleagues, partners, pupils.
I tried it in different ways, both working out documents and managing complex projects without encountering serious hitches or bugs.

Pros

The overall structure is particularly friendly and intuitive. The customer can learn immediately how to manage the contents and surf among the different widgets proposed. It is worth noting the large offer of management tools even in the free-or-charge version.
As a manager of a noprofit organization I appreciate a lot this approach and I am spreading out Zoho among my colleagues as the current best platform for collaborating both in business and in education sectors.

Annette
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

Transformed my teaching.

Customer service is fabulous.

Pros

This may seem like an unusual use of this software but I use it to gather evidence of my 57 students per year who work together organising charity events as part of their music course. It gives them a real world experience and allows them to gain great experience using online project management software. This software is really easy to engage with and has a social media feel that they respond to.

Cons

Perhaps the only thing is that I'd like a group chat function within the app rather than having to leave to go to cliq. I'm finding getting to grips with cliq a wee bit frustrating but that could be me.

Reviewed on 15/07/2022

Affordable project management tool

Pros

With a number of useful features at a low cost, Zoho Projects is a desirable alternative for startups and small businesses.

Cons

It does not have ready-made templates and there is an unusual perspective on resource management.

Kristen
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

I couldn't live without it!

We've increased our productivity dramatically, been able to integrate our tasks with time tracking software and even bill our clients for extra time. Also, I sleep better at night because it's all organized.

Pros

I love that I can set deadlines set my own features /terms for progress - it's not a cookie cutter solution. I can assign tasks, to-do lists or entire projects to colleagues, and share internally and also external to my organization. I also love the mobile platform (app). It keeps me super organized, and helps me keep everyone else on my team organized too.

Cons

I wish there were a slightly lower price-point between the free version and the enterprise version, for small businesses like mine, but they do offer a good value! It's worth the $.

Anil
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 24/09/2018

The features at the price offered are best compared to similar apps.

Pros

It is a great tool for any business brand. It helps to manage the projects and tasks in a very efficient manner. It provides features for planning projects. You can create blueprints for your plan and follow up accordingly. This can be very helpful for keeping track of the progress. These records can then be used to update the sales, marketing, and other strategies accordingly. The project can be classified based on the priority of the tasks that need to be finished earlier. The team can be informed about the project and its updated on the same platform. It provides room for collaboration and sharing of essential information.

Cons

The features they offer during the trial period are way less than what it offers while we buy it for a monthly price. If one user has more than one projects with the same username and credentials, I have to manually copy all the details as it doesn't show up in the same window.

Reviewed on 29/09/2019

Excellent and easy to use Project Management software for small companies

The experience was nice enough and the customer support was great.

Pros

This is hands down the best project management software for small companies that don't want or need the heavy lifting of software such as Microsoft Project but need some form of project management over simple whiteboards. Transitioning from the office whiteboards to Zoho Projects is easy. It is easy enough to deploy even to the lest Tech literate in the project team - all they have to do is see the tasks assigned to them and tick off things. The chat feature is a bonus. The invoice and time tracking features are great though only a few on the team actually end up using them :(

Cons

It is not as full-featured. And while on the whole, it is easy to scale up, once projects get complex, you start feeling the lack. But for most work, this is just fine.

Jason

Reviewed on 29/04/2015

Zohoprojects - Lacks essential functionality

Zohoprojects looks good at first however there are some small bugs. More importantly there are MAJOR issues once everything is set up. Unfortunately we had to leave zohoprojects for privacy reasons.
Within the project management system as it is currently developed every user can see every comment and task for every other user in the project. We contacted zoho and there is no way of changing this.
Our setup currently is we have employees, contractors, managers and clients.
As far as zoho is concerned though all of the above make no difference as zohoprojects lets every user even the contractors see EVERY detail of every conversation and tasks between managers and clients.
Eventhough there are priviledge roles to prevent users from editing other users tasks they can still view EVERYTHING. Every login or message left, every detail, task, invoice etc generated for every other user.
Therefore two completely independent contractors for example could view absolutely everything that is going on with eachother. Absolutely ludicrous.
This is certainly a fundamental and very basic requirement which any project manager would expect out of the box.
Zohoprojects however seems not to care about it. We contacted them many times about this issue to find a workaround however there is none. We got a nice apology from India but unfortunately that is not enough. This lack of functionality can not be omitted. It is essential.

All it needs is a tick box within each project titled "Tick for Assigned users to be able to view tasks and milestones only"

In summary:
If you are intending to use zohoprojects to manage one or more contractors and employees for your business then DON´T. You could do more damage to your business through this lack of privacy functionality than good if you do. As every project user can see EVERYTHING that everyone else is doing including any login or sensitive information that is posted. There is no way of making any message or task private. Also ALL client information can be viewed by EVERY user also.
Zoho does have a solution to client information being visible to all the users which is to set up one project for clients and one for workers.
Surely that negates the complete purpose of the system in the first place?

All I can say is "It´s a shame".

Unless they fix it soon they will certainly lose huge amounts of customers and revenue just the same as they have now lost ours.

Pros

When there are problems with the platform a very apologetic response from India arrives in your mailbox explaining that there is no solution.

Cons

no privacy between users
no privacy for clients from users

Dan
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 13/06/2018

Online Project Management and Collaboration at an incredibly low cost!

Compared to other products that I've configured and used, this one takes the cake. It's just so easy. I find it much easier to work with, and that's resulted in greater productivity and visibility for my stakeholders.

Pros

Having used other products, I have found Zoho Projects to be the easiest to configure and use as both an administrator of the product and as a project manager. Every feature that I need to effectively manage a waterfall project from a scheduling perspective is included in this tool. Top that off with the Zoho Apps and collaboration features, and you have a ecosystem that that could rivals any of the larger providers.

Cons

There are some Agile features in Zoho Projects, but to completely implement an Agile PM approach, you should consider Zoho Sprints instead.