About SurveyMonkey

SurveyMonkey is a cloud-based survey tool that helps users create, send and analyze surveys. Users can email surveys to respondents and post them on their websites and social media profiles to increase response rate. Users can...

Browse SurveyMonkey Reviews

8,797 of 8,797 reviews
Andrew K.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

Easy and Cost Effective

Overall, I highly recommend Survey Monkey for quick and easy survey creation. Even at the free version level, there are a variety of quality features that will make this program very useful for both collecting and analyzing data. The interface is incredibly user friendly, and when used in tandem with the mobile app, this product is very convenient and effective for basic survey needs.

Pros

The Survey Monkey platform gives you a variety of ways to customize your surveys, including multiple choice, short answer, and true/false. It also allows you to easily duplicate previous surveys so that you are not re-creating templates you wish to use regularly. The platform also provides excellent analytics for reviewing responses and trends so that you can better understand and track the results of your surveys. The option to make surveys anonymous is also extremely beneficial for more sensitive topics. The best part is, all of this functionality is available through the free version of the platform. The mobile app is also incredible accessible and easy to use.

Cons

The ability to truly customize your survey (logs, fonts, footers, etc.) is strictly reserved to paid subscriptions. The free version of the application gives you up to a maximum of 10 questions, so unless you want to pay the monthly fee, your surveys need to be very concise. For business use, a monthly subscription requires a minimum of three users at $25 per user. This cost adds up quickly, so unless you are implementing surveys very regularly, you may not see the full value.

Typeform

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey

The free version had a majority of the features we need to periodic use.
Aaron C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

For Businesses Wanting to Learn from Their Customers, SurveyMonkey Can Help!

Pros

The best feature of SurveyMonkey is how customizable everything is. Right down to the little details, like placing our company logo onscreen, or how you can review what edits will look like on mobile devices versus PCs. In the many years that our RV park has used SurveyMonkey, we've never found there was something we could NOT do with it. Instead, we regularly find ourselves coming up with new ideas for our guest survey based on the feature suite and updates.

Cons

If there is an of SurveyMonkey to not enjoy, it is that certain advanced features are locked behind different tiers of services. However, all the rate plans are reasonably priced, and honestly, every analytics software on the market has the same practices.

Reviewed on 07/12/2021

Pricey but easy to use

For me personal I use SurveyMonkey as a costumer satisfaction tool. For my clients it is both customer satisfaction but also, and more important, for marketing research.

Pros

I love the templates they offer, so I don't have to invent every survey from scratch - it helps my both finding the right questions and the right form of the questionare.

Cons

The pricing. It does a lot and I am happy with it - however I think that for a small business as mine (one man army) it is not cheap

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey

I am still considering switching to Google Forms due to the pricing of SurveyMonkey, and that I use Google Workspace already. I have used SurveyMonkey in school and other places I worked at, so it was the nearest choise at the moment

Top SurveyMonkey Alternatives

Erika E.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 02/12/2021

Fine for quick surveys

Pros

This is a nice, quick tool to use for simple surveys - I like the way the questions appear on the screen for the user and the ease of which is filters to the next question(s).

Cons

It's free and thus reporting is limited, so we don't use it that often.

Maszni A.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

Easy platform for survey bulding

Using survey form to collect data from our workers is the best way to know our employees opinion things that we can upgrade or change in our company. It has option for anonymous data entry , so our employees can filling the survey form freely.

Pros

There are several option or way to collect opinion or survey from customer and employees using SurveyMonkey, such as the survey form, opinion pool or online form. It makes the data collection process really easy and effective for us to use. Every type of survey has it own survey template that are customized to optimized the survey objective.

Cons

Every software has its own flaws, and SurveyMonkey also has some thing that they need to add, like live chat option for fast communication with the support team. Introduction for more cheaper plan for a light user as our company will help us to stick to this software longer, as we don't use it too often to maintain its expensive monthly plan.

Rebecca R.

Reviewed on 29/12/2021

SURVEY MONKEY- it Shows you the Money!

Overall I really love using Survey Monkey! It's such a simple application to learn to navigate and use, and such a fun way to utilize time which could have been wasted , such as when you're bored ... and want to fill time doing something constructive, this is perfect for that and more satisfying that merely surfing social media or playing games on your phone.
Examples- when you are stuck waiting, like at the doctor's office, dentists office, in long lines somewhere, or commuting on public transportation, one can login in to survey MONKEY- and make Money, and profit from that time.
Its really awesome!

Pros

I love that you can download this free application to your phone and have the ability to take surveys from almost anywhere you are is most anywhere you are when you have downtime and simply earn money almost instantaneously and can take unlimited surveys every day if you like and just rack up your points and make instant cash it's wonderful.

Cons

Sometimes it's frustrating that it takes a while to accumulate to accumulate and accumulate enough points to cash them in for actual money, that can be a little bit frustrating sometimes.

Selena D.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

SurveyMonkey =extra cash

My overall experience has been a positive one with survey money. Survey monkey comes in handy when I am short on cash.

Pros

I enjoy taking surveys while making extra cash, especially around the holidays. The surveys are easy to complete.

Cons

I have experienced a few times taking a survey and not being able to complete it at the very end after answering almost all the questions.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 25/11/2021

Surveys for cash

I do not have a business I was purely doing it for extra cash in my pocket . Again I loved that I could do it on my phone from home.

Pros

I love the fact that I am able to use something on my phone to give my opinions to obtain cash for things I would like to buy

Cons

I felt like some of the surveys were a bit extensive and boring if I weren't in such need of money I would have never completed

Alex N.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 23/09/2021

Advance Survey creation and collection software at a reasonable price

SurveyMonkey met our required needs, which was running a semi-anonymous internal survey for approximately 100 employees. The survey in question was large enough that it could potentially take up to an hour to complete and we were able to make full use of the built in skip logic to allow the submitters to avoid entire sections that did not apply to them. The cost was also extremely reasonable for what was being offfered.

Pros

SurveyMonkey offered all of the features our company required in order to run a employee supervisor satisfaction and evaluation survey at a reasonable price. Our primary requirement was the ability to run the survey semi-anonymously so that we could track who responded to the survey without linking response data to a particular submitter and SurveyMonkey handled this perfectly. Additionally the ability to use survey logic allowed us to design the survey in such a way as to save the submitters time by not exposing them to portions of the survey that were irrelevant to their position/location/circumstances. The pricing model was extremely flexible which was a huge benefit as we only needed to run a few small surveys over the period of a single month, so not being required to sign up for a year saved us a significant amount of money.

Cons

While most of the features are easy enough to use that a none technically included user could handle most of the creation, issuing, and analyzing process there were some areas that required our IT personal to provide advice and assistance. Mostly this was due to the language used to describe certain features not being intuitive enough. While most things were very straight forward the skip logic and collector logic required some experimentation in order to fully determine how they would behave since we found the descriptions to be to ambiguous.

Microsoft Dynamics SL, Google Forms and SoGoSurvey

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey

SurveryMonkey offered the best compromise between price and features for us. The survey that was being run was a employee evaluation of their supervisors and thus our human resources needed to make sure that every employee only submitted the survey once, but also that the information submitted could not be linked back to a particular employee so that they would not have to worry about facing retaliation from a supervisor over their feedback. Traditionally we have used paper survey to accomplish this but decided to attempt to use a more high tech approach to reduce data entry times on both the submitters part and on human resources who would need to manually enter the results into a excel sheet. Free solutions such as Microsoft and Google forms could have met our needs in terms of survey creation but did not offer a robust enough collection solution to ensure both anonymity and user verification. Since our company has extremely limited needs for running survey's more expensive solutions such as SoGoSurvey and Microsoft Dynamics were also quickly removed from consideration. SurveyMonkey provided us with the ideal middle point of price and feature to meet our needs.
Roxanne D.

Reviewed on 01/11/2020

Survey Monkey allows honest feedback

The software may not be user friendly for those who are creating the survey but it is quite straightforward for those who are giving their feedbacks. When survey monkey was used by the organization to strengthen our organization. We were free to answer honestly and anonymously.

Pros

Survey monkey allows you to be anonymous which allows the feedback to be honest. We use survey monkey in our organization to resolve conflicts and for the use of organisational growth. Since it can be anonymous no one have to fear to type what they actually think and HR will know how to move forward since the feedbacks would be considered honest and not forced.

Cons

Even though survey monkey is beneficial to our organization it as a few cons. We needed a method to use in our department to resolve an issue and would like to do so without anyone fearing to speak because they would be judged or the issue would have just gotten worst. So we decided to use survey monkey. I most say it got the job done but we had a few hiccups along the way. Firstly, the software isn't user friendly for beginners. It doesn't offer many selections when it comes on to customization. We had to choose from only 12. The package that you get at the standard rate limits you alot and if you want more you have to upgrade.

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey

1)Survey Monkey offers more question types than Google forms 2)If we had an issue we could connect with survey monkey customer service. However, we google forms there wasn't a specific area for google forms customer service.
Ben E.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Aesthetically pleasing, effective, and highly customizable

Overall, I'm highly satisfied with SurveyMonkey for our organization's needs. Working for a social organization, our marketing efforts deviate from the standard corporate or business needs. One of our biggest efforts is receiving feedback from programming or educational content and SurveyMonkey has been instrumental in allowing us to do that.

Pros

Having used other products similar to SurveyMonkey, I can safely say that SurveyMonkey is one of the most aesthetically pleasing. Its customization allows for branding and personalizing forms to keep marketing efforts in-line with brand standards.

Cons

To have access to more robust analytics, it requires a higher paid plan, which is unfortunate. Paying for a mid-tier option, it feels like those analytics should be included.

Google Forms, Wufoo and Alchemer

Reasons for Choosing SurveyMonkey

Our desire to make the switch to SurveyMonkey is contained within the name; surveys. Wufoo was a little more form-dense, while SurveyMonkey was better for surveying and engaging our members and soliciting their feedback. It was simply a better fit for our needs.

Wufoo

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey

I think SurveyMonkey's ease of access, user-friendly interface, and affordability were all considered in making this the final selection for our organization.
Faibrey D.
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 23/07/2020

Data Collection and Analysis Master

It has simplified to a great extent on how we gather information from our customers and employees. It has improved on time taken to complete a research topic, materials needed for the task, saving costs and accuracy of collected data.

Pros

The first beautiful thing I like is that their website and the mobile application are very responsive and have a great user interface that enables us to complete tasks in a short period of time. On features, I am impressed that it gives me well made templates on how i want my questionnaire to look like. I do not need special designing skills as everything is already set and I just need to input my questions and type of responses to be expected. Previously, we did not have many formatting options on questions and answers but now the vendor is working hard in making sure that they simplify everything for us. After deploying our questionnaires, we do not need much time to group and analyse data as everything comes already grouped and analysed. We just need to interpret the results to ensure both employee and customer satisfaction.

Cons

The only time I had troubles was when i was using the mobile application to create a questionnaire and I closed the app before completion. All my work was lost as it did not save it automatically and I had to start again. Another problem is that it does not allow work to be done offline.

Alchemer

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey

SurveyMonkey is simple to use and it had great interface. It also runs frequent promotions that enable us to save.
Cole R.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 16/04/2020

The Leading Survey Software on the Market

Overall, we are very pleased with how SurveyMonkey helps us successfully tackle a wide array of tasks. The product is so incredibly customizable which allows it to be reconstructed to help us with everything from weekly surveys to determine lunch orders for employees, to satisfaction surveys, to focus group surveys, to product questionnaires, and more. The greatest value SurveyMonkey provides any business is time-savings. The product makes survey creation, distribution, results tracking and collection, and analyzation quicker than any manual labor or combination of other softwares.

Pros

Much like with any product or software, ease of use is the most important pro because it defines the entire user experience. SurveyMonkey's ease of use and compatibility with a variety of systems and softwares earn the product an A+. After a few login's and explorations of the software, it quickly becomes apparent that the design of this product is well-thought out and strategic. The flow from between pages is simple, looking for and finding tools is intuitive and you're often time able to find things on your own. To add to what has already proven to be an A+ software, the incredible amount of customization that can be applied to surveys and their results analyzing make SurveyMonkey that much more impressive. The software is so versatile that we've successfully used for Marketing, Product Development, Human Resources, Accounting, and more.

Cons

More than any other product or software I have ever reviewed, SurveyMonkey has the fewest cons. Truthfully, from our experience with the software, there really are no stand-out cons that we've been unhappy about. When having to thoroughly consider all aspects of the product, I'd say the greatest con is the cost of the product. We operate on a business plan that charges per user with a minimum requirement of 3 users per plan. I'd like to see plan options with preset amount of users that would offer better rates. The cost of the Personal Plans are much much worse and mostly require annual payments versus monthly which locks you in for one year and I think the lack of flexibility there is SurveyMonkey's biggest upset. I'd hardly ever consider their use for personal at their current costs.

Kristen B.
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

It's free, and the known and rusted name helps you get better results.

Businesses and non-profits need feedback, and SurveyMonkey is a free, easy, and efficient way of getting that feedback, and putting it into an analyzable form you can use. Having the ability to track your data and responses, chart them, even download your results, is invaluable for those who use member / customer / client feedback. In a non-profit for example, sending an email to people who didn't renew their membership to ask why they didn't renew was able to give us valuable information. We learned that some of the reminder mailings were not reaching the right people. By making some adjustments and making sure we always had correct contact information on file, we were able to drastically increase membership retention numbers.

Pros

It's free. That is the main appeal to me when I ran a small business, and also when I was involved with non-profit organizations that don't have a budget for professional surveys.

Survey Monkey has been around for over a decade (maybe even over fifteen years?) and it is a well-known name in many industry circles, certainly in the non-profits I worked with. People are much more willing to click on links to website names they recognize. SurveyMonkey is familiar and easy to remember, with a reliable track record.

SurveyMonkey is easy to use. In business and non-profit, the less time you have to spend training people, the better. The familiarity of SurveyMonkey means that plenty of people are already familiar with it. And even if they've never used it before, it's intuitive even for first-time users.

And finally, if you really are stuck, or you want to go beyond the basics, their help files and tutorials are beautifully arranged. As someone who is no stranger to website help files, this is significant. The layout allows you to find the category of help you need, and the tabs are so clear and simply arranged. You can glance quickly down their list of help topics and tutorials. This is a real time-saver, and other websites could learn from the clean design. Very impressive and easy to use.

Cons

It's hard to complain about free software. With all free software, there are limitations you don't get in the paid versions, which is to be expected, and I have no complaints about that.

Yahoo Small Business

Reasons for Choosing SurveyMonkey

Proprietary software was no longer working as desired and was too hard to maintain.

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey

It was free, and there was no risk to try it. It was also a well-known name.
Rob B.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

Power your surveys with SurveyMonkey

Recently I was reading often about the SurveyMonkey app and that many people use it and finally decided to try it and see whether is cool or not. I was little skeptic at the beginning but when I created my account and saw the design and how easy it is to work with the app I got involved with it. As I said earlier it brings joy to create your surveys such easy and finally they look even better than you imagined. I think this app can help many personal needs as students, pupils and some kind of personal surveys. Also, the app is very cool and powerful for big business surveys which can save you a lot money, find what people think about your product, help people to register for the event and many more things to do. I pretty recommend it for everyone who wants to power his or her business and personal needs.

Pros

I think this is a cool software because of:
1. It is very easy to use web application.
2. It has an intuitive design and you do not have to waste time in understanding how to create your survey. Everything can be done in a few minutes.
3. You can either create the survey on your own or you can even just answer some questions and the program will create the survey for you. Of course, you will need to edit it a bit, but with automatic creation, it will save you much time creating the design of different questions.
4. Your questions can be very variable - you can use text boxes, multiple choices, insert images, you can use register forms, radio buttons and many more things which will help you express your idea.
5. You can implement logic in your questions which for me is very cool because you can skip or show some questions based on the answers of people.
6. Another powerful tool is that you can get a link to your survey and send it through e-mail, facebook or other social media, you can even embed it to your website - no need to print the survey and go and give it to everyone.
7. When you got the answers, the info is all there and the app visualizes it to you with such cool charts. Even though you can edit the charts and if you do not like them you can choose what is best for your needs or understanding.
8. And finally, there is a responsive design which in nowadays I think is very important because your survey will get to your clients in the best way.

Cons

I didn't found any inconvenience using the app so I think it supports many things and it gives you a good feeling using it. Maybe some people will not like that for some features you need to pay some price, but I think the price is very good for the many features it brings to you. And if you want powerful surveys, this is your app.

• Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 16/06/2019

Benchmark Solution for Survey Creation Comes with a Price

I've had nothing but wonderful experiences working with Survey Monkey. Whether it be the ease to make professional looking survey with from scratch or using their amazing library of temples, the effortless collection of responses from your surveys whether they have been posted on your website or or embedded in social
Media platform, or the dynamic looking reports you can create literally with a push of a button, this a wonderful yet slightly expensive survey solution .

Pros

This is hands down the best and comprehensive survey creation, tracking, and monitoring Solution out there, and there are many to choose from. Others might feature some gimmick that can't be found within Survey Monkey, but none of the others come with such a robust set of features and tools.

Cons

It's not cheap. And don't go expecting to get back with a free trial or limited plan, unless who want to be frustrated? From utilizing their amazing library of templates to monitoring any size volume of responses to utilizing their recruiting and panel services when you're short on time but need results, you want to make sure to not cheap on the plan select.

Zoho Forms, Google Forms and Cognito Forms

Reasons for Choosing SurveyMonkey

Need larger volume of responses and more professional looking surveys to go up on our website.

Wufoo

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey

The temples first and foremost
Edward M.

Reviewed on 10/01/2018

Professional Survey Creator

Survey Monkey has benefited the company that I work for because it allows us to quickly create surveys that are professional and that make it easy for people to respond. The feature that allows you to filter responses has been one of the most beneficial for my company as it helps us to ensure the people that respond to our surveys are the intended audience. For example, if we want to survey supervisors, Survey Monkey allows us to have the first question of a survey ask if the respondent is a supervisor. If the respondent answers no, that they aren't a supervisor, we can immediately have them directed to a thank you page that explains how we appreciate them taking the time for the survey but that at this time we are only seeking responses from current supervisors. It has been a feature that has helped increase survey response accuracy and save the time of those people who are responding because if they aren't the audience we are looking to survey, we immediately filter them out with the first question so they aren't wasting their time responding and so that we aren't wasting time sorting responses that aren't valid four our purposes.

Pros

The thing about Survey Monkey that I like best are its survey templates. Survey Monkey has so many templates of surveys that are professionally built and designed. The questions that are in the templates are diverse, educated and are all designed with the purpose of the survey in mind. Each question in the templates have its own purpose and is important for the bottom line. I like that if you want to use a template but don't want a specific question or you want to add an additional question or edit an existing question - you can. Survey Monkey's templates are fully customizable.

Cons

I do not like that the Survey Monkey logo and branding appear on all surveys that you create with Survey Monkey. The branding even appears in most of the paid versions of Survey Monkey. I think that - especially if you are paying for an account, that you should be able to opt-out of having the Survey Monkey advertising or branding on your surveys. This is important because when you distribute a survey, you do so with the intention of getting as many responses to the survey as possible. In order for people to participate in surveys - especially electronic surveys, they must trust the source. I have found that many people are concerned when responding to electronic surveys that their answers or personal information will be shared. With the Survey Monkey branding - especially for people that are not familiar with Survey Monkey, it could decrease the likelihood of people trusting the source and responding. I think that all versions of Survey Monkey - even the free account - should have the option to remove the branding. However, I especially think that the paid accounts should have the option to remove the branding.

Shaun D.

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

The original easy to use tool, now with a ton more features and functionality.

Overall SurveyMonkey is still our go-to tool for measuring employee experience and receiving feedback, while the simple visualizations of our data has proven to be a big bonus in analyzing the data to make decisions around which actions to take to action the data.

Pros

The SurveyMonkey tool has evolved from its original format to grow exponentially in the number of features it offers, but has maintained its core value proposition which has always been ease of use. Understanding the layout and how to build surveys is easy and straightforward, and a quick search of the help materials can explain more intricate functionality that you may want (such as customization and survey logic.)
From there SurveyMonkey has evolved to include excellent dashboards to visually display and share the live survey results with others. This feature is especially useful for providing senior leaders insight into the data without having to send around static documents that may change as more responses are received.

Cons

The licensing and pricing structure can initially be confusing and the way individual user data is stored makes it difficult to move from multiple small accounts to a large enterprise account without a lot of consolidation work.

Qualtrics EmployeeXM

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey

Ease of Use. Dashboard Visualizations. Variety of options to send surveys. How customizable it is.
Djaffar M.

Reviewed on 09/10/2021

Excellent Customer Service and an excellent application platform!

SurveyMonkey The reporting may be simple to use, read, study, or defloration to the extent desired. The response time might be excellent, and the survey parameters and progress bar are also useful. Very quick and simple to view insight.
Apply is even better than my concept of the ideal scholarship management program. I never expected we'd be able to get that much in such a small box, and that's just the "light" version. Students could complete their applications online, staff could check the status of each application, and the review committee was able to accomplish their grading jobs quickly. Everything is at one spot. It appeared like it was built for us because it was so rational and we were able to adjust to it so quickly. That's fantastic!

Pros

For our applicants, SurveyMonkey Apply makes the application process simple. Our internal team finds the review procedure to be painless. For numerous of our specialized programs spanning various sites, the payment integration is obvious. On accepted applications, we were also able to integrate with additional platforms. The Reports feature is fantastic. Customer service is excellent, with quick responses.

Cons

All vital information should auto-fill on the new application if an applicant has used the software in prior years for any of my programs. (Name, Organization, Address, Phone, Email, EIN, and so forth.) If I develop a program in the SANDBOX, instead of having to rebuild it, I should be able to transfer it to the live site after it's finished. There should be a way to bypass the need of having a confirmed email address.

Eva B.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Does it's Job, but not always the job you want

Overall I think Survey Monkey is a great tool for those doing general surveys, market research, customer research and some evaluation feedback. However for those looking to do actual data mining- I would go with a more sophisticated system like Qualtrics.

Pros

Survey Monkey is an easy platform to use. Many questions are already built into the program if you need them. The platform is user-friendly and allows for different formats of questions. It also allows you to add logic (ie: if they answer this, then go to that) formats. You can also add design elements so that you can brand it to your company. Sending out the surveys is also made simple, in that you can send a link, load a group into the program or a variety of other methods.

Cons

I have a problem with this software when it comes to analyzing my results. For one, I do not like the options they give you around exporting the data. I wish their was more customization around this. Especially when I have very specific data I want to compare, the .xls is formatted in a way that I have to go in and edit each individual question. I wish I could choose exactly the data I want to export so that I can easily develop my own graphs vs. having to rely on the survey monkey versions. I also wish their was an option to build out a .pdf of the data in a way that works for me. I would MUCH rather edit a .pdf as I am am building out my data story then have to go in an edit each individual question again. I just wish their were more ways to build out data vizualization pieces after the data is collected.

Qualtrics CoreXM

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey

I ended up choosing Survey Monkey because my company has been using it longer and is more affordable.
Mary D.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 10/01/2019

Useful, but awkward

Overall, a great option to allow many people to have the desired input at their convenience.

Pros

People can use this online immediately. The survey setup user may need a minute to decide how to lay out their survey with the limite options available, but actually creating the surveys can start right away. Respondents don’t have to sign up for anything, which means an excellent response rate.
The survey options allows for open-ended responses, which many other programs do not. You can also limit answer choices, and determine if a question requires an answer or can be skipped.
The program will let you determine if the survey closes out at a certain time, or after a certain number of responses, or after all invited respondents have answered. An email notification updates the surveyor on the status of responses.

Cons

An option to rank answers would be a huge advantage, letting the surveyor determine whether all answers need to be included in the ranking. (“Of these 5 entrees, please rank your choices, making an ‘x’ for any that are not options for you at all.”)
A preset “scheduling survey” option would be very useful, especially if it allowed ranking of answers. I personally use SurveyMonkey most often to help set meeting dates, times and locations for professionals with divergent schedules.
It could be much easier to repeat a question in setup so the next question will have the same setup, answer options, an phrasing as the prior. This option would allow quicker & more consistent survey question setup.
I find the current version awkward for sending the survey to specific recipients, moreso than in prior versions. It can be done successfully without too much trouble, but the screens and fields and directives were unclear and not as user-friendly.

Akshay A.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 30/04/2020

Surveying Made Easy!

I used SurveyMonkey to conduct a Market Research Study on the Behavior of Customers Towards Buying of Earphones. The questionnaire prepared was further improved by the suggestions which helped me develop a more crisp survey and provided results in a good looking manner that was pleasing to look at. Adding logic based questions reduced manual work and helped me keep the survey concise.

Pros

1. Allows you to separate collection methods and provides results separately which is a boon if you need to test the customer behavior across segments
2. Multiple Layouts and Quick Suggestions on questionnaire design and type
3. Mobile app makes analytics easier
4. Allows survey filling even without internet
5. Allows use of 'logic' a feature absent in a lot of other survey service providers, which helps in adjusting survey to the different choices of customers.
6. Shows time taken to complete the survey in analytics which helps plan surveys

Cons

1. When the paid version expires, limits access to even the questionnaire and analytics that a person had made and distributed making it difficult at times to go and check previous data.

Google Forms and Typeform

Rhiannon N.

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

Free version has limitations but gets the job done

I have used survey monkey for nonprofit and for-profit business purposes. In both experiences I found participant interaction and completion to be quite steady thanks to the attractive UI.
Were I to create surveys on a regular basis I would probably find myself coughing up the cash so I could keep the data and run a variety of reports. The data is solid, but keeping it with the free version is difficult.

Pros

This app provides more options than other free counterparts like Google. It’s also for more aesthetically pleasing ‘s and I found clients more likely to participate with a survey monkey survey than others.

Cons

Exporting data is difficult with the free version. They also don’t maintain the information in their database past a certain number of months. It’s not impossible Since members can pay for more features, but free sole proprietor who can’t afford a pricey subscription it can be rather limiting.

Google Charts

Reasons for Switching to SurveyMonkey

There is a far more visually attractive UI in Survey Monkey I found engage my participants more. It’s also a relief to use a platform that isn’t owned by Google, and I think some participants are more willing to share with a smaller company dedicated to surveys rather than a huge conglomerate like Google.
Aaron P.

Reviewed on 18/04/2019

A Powerful Yet Simple Method to Survey Your Offering

Very easy and straightforward to use. You don't have to make your surveys complex. However, it allows you to get to a deeper level if need be.

Pros

I'm developing an online retailing presence for physiotherapy and wellness. And I've used Survey Monkey in every step of our company's development. From market surveys of our logo, to product-quality feedback, Survey Monkey was incredibly helpful when it came to acquiring the data we needed to streamline and tailor our offering, and eventual launch.

There are many features that make this software exceptional. Particularly, the design and interface, which is not only customizable, but also professional looking and minimalistic. I think it certainly makes a lasting impression to an audience when your surveys look the part. It also makes data acquisition seamless for both surveyor and respondent.

However, the true power of Survey Monkey is in it's data analysis. Especially when you've collected answers from hundreds and even thousands of respondents. This is where it stands out from the rest. It compiles all of the acquired information seamlessly into a single database. From there, you have an arsenal of tools to analyze the data: pie charts, bar graphs, and scatter plots. You can drill down your variables further to get a deeper understanding of what your market is looking for. And finally reveal statistically relevant correlations between features of your product/service your target market.

Truly powerful stuff.

Cons

There is none I can think of. We've used this software since the beginning of our inception and we're continually using it for our many projects.

Mangesh B.

Reviewed on 12/03/2020

Best tool for surveys and information gathering

As a DevOps engineer in health care organization, we frequently seek feedback from stakeholders/customers on our product, SurveyMonkey is the best tool to get the quickly feedback from customers so that we can improve our product in next iterations.

Pros

This is the best tool for gathering the customer/stakeholder requirement.
As an agile this is most efficient way to collaborate with stakeholders to get feedback on product increments.

Cons

Over all the website / survey page look OK however User interface has to be more eye soothing.
Most of the time I have seem, surveyMonkey emails are residing in spam/junk folder in my outlook.
As compared to other survey tools I don't see Survey Monkey has any such cons.