Zoho Mail Reviews

About Zoho Mail

Zoho Mail, a secure, business-oriented email service, is made to cater to all your emailing needs. With top-notch collaboration and communication features, Zoho Mail offers much more than your usual inbox. Unique and custom...

Browse Zoho Mail Reviews

Ngala Emmanuel
Ngala Emmanuel
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 05/09/2023

An incredible email management system with amazing features

It helps us with email management ( chatting and marketing). It's quite super easy to manage. I highly recommend it.

Pros

We currently use Zoho Mail Solutions as our email management system. It's cheap and easy to use. From domain verification to mailbox creation- It's super easy to use.It works pretty much like Gmail with the exception that it offers more advanced email automation features than Gmail.Notifications are sent in a timely manner, the user interface is rich in texture and design. There are great themes to play around with. I can customize the default email templates or autoresponders and many more.It also offers user account security like two-factor authentication.

Cons

I think the admin console can be difficult to locate sometimes. There are too many features in the user dashboard. While this might not be a big deal, for a new user it can be challenging.Secondly, all external images from emails are hidden by default and I need to enable them manually by clicking on "display now" before they show up. It's frustrating.

Nabila
Nabila
  • Industry: Investment Management

Reviewed on 17/05/2021

My Zoho Mail review

Zoho mail is a valuable tool for startups and mid-sized businesses and has worked very well beyond expectations. Similarly, this application's user-friendliness is a strong point. Finally, this is the perfect mail service for those looking for decent mail satisfaction manager software without jeopardizing their company's budget and also meeting everyday expectations.

Pros

The most important characteristic of this postal service is its high value for money, as it is not costly when providing all of the functionality that a business requires. Another plus is that it comes with unbeatable features such as shortcut keys that allow you to quickly access preferred options such as calendar, mission, notes, attachments, and so on. User-friendliness comes last but not least. I never even had to make assumptions when roaming around the app to find the appropriate functionality because the interface is simple to use.

Cons

One field that the company can develop is to provide live support for mailbox installation rather than just video tutorials. Implementing email was a little challenging because the program had to be set up with the help of experts. Aside from that, this program is simple to use. The program has been running smoothly so far after the configuration is complete.

Harriott

Reviewed on 26/01/2024

This is a very good product

I like it a lot. I would encourage anyone to use it.

Pros

I like the clean look, and I like the secure email feature.

Cons

It took me a while to get used to it initially because the "feel" is different from what I was used to.

Top Zoho Mail Alternatives

Vansh
Vansh

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

A good option if you use other Zoho apps, but it's not without annoyances.

Features-wise, Zoho Mail does not fall short at all. It has everything you need for an email app. It just doesn't feel as refined as Gmail. Bug fixes and a refreshed, more modern UI will make the product near-perfect.

Pros

What I love about all Zoho products is how seamless the complete experience is. The way all the apps communicate with each other is super convenient. This integration is particularly evident between Zoho Mail and Zoho CRM. It's in the simple things, like how the email contact list is integrated with contacts/leads/deals added in CRM. I also love how when you receive an email, you can see, from the Mail app itself, whether this address is a lead, deal or just contact. It's a nice touch. The UI is also extremely easy to navigate. All buttons are where they're supposed to be, and I appreciate the night mode. It's a boon while working in low light conditions.

Cons

Despite its amazing features, my experience of using Zoho Mail on desktop was extremely sub-par. Everything is just slow; there's no other way to put it. The app itself takes a few seconds extra to load occasionally, but that's just the beginning. Formatting emails is infuriating, to say the least. Uploading images in between text can take minutes (these are compressed photos of less than 1MB) even on solid wifi. I often use GIFs, and these take even longer to upload if they don't fail altogether. Resizing images within the emails is glitchy. The font picker does not switch to the right font sometimes. Also, before I send out emails with images/videos/gifs, I usually send out a test to my Zoho and Gmail accounts to see if it looks alright. More often than not, the images and videos will not load on Zoho Mail at all, while Gmail would load them in a split second.

As someone who writes a lot of emails, these are not things I can put up with. Also, the UI, while dead easy to navigate, is extremely dull and boring. Gmail is leagues ahead in this regard.

I hope this is a one-off incident since I don't see many other reviewers complaining about these on Capterra. It's a shame though, because the overall proposition is so solid and appealing.

Ken
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 01/12/2023

Very Good Service

Pros

I find Zoho mail more than adequate for my company's requirements. I have not used the other features yet

Cons

Very occasionally it can take a little time to access

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

I was looking for a personalised email address
Felix
Felix

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

Great for basic capabilities, lacking integration with other suites

Zoho Mail was a very solid experience during the time I used it for over 5 years. It was mostly stable with no major issues whatsoever. The setup was straightforward and I didn't have to switch into the "admin" role during day to day very often. It was quite set-it-and-forget-it for basic email duties. However, as time went on, their email solution and other included goodies felt more and more limited. With everyone using the big names of Gsuite and O365, still being stuck on Zoho's unheard of platform seemed more work than it was worth.

It's a great (free under 5 users) product​ if you're not looking to do anything fancy, and only care about basic functionality.

Pros

Zoho Mail worked well as a provider for my email on my custom domain. It has all of the features you would need out of a typical email provider, like Gmail​ or Outlook. It was simple to set up, just by adding an MX record into my DNS which took until 5 minutes. The UI is simple but powerful, and their advanced search tools helped me find emails from long ago that I wouldn't be able to find otherwise.

Since my only user was myself and an additional service account for miscellaneous sending purposes, I was using the "free" version, which is fully featured, but limited to 5 users. While the free version includes quite a lot of mail features, it is ultimately limited on mail storage, eventually causing me to move away. The free version also included access to some of Zoho's other products, including their contacts and calendar suite (expected with any email provider these days), as well as their office suite (think Word/Excel/Powerpoint). These were nice features to have included, but I ultimately did not use them too much, except for Contacts and Calendar.

Cons

Zoho is the underdog in the category of SaaS business suites, competing against GSuite and O365. While the product is fully featured and includes plenty of powerful tools, what it lacks is widespread support and integration, which ultimately made me move to O365, after using Zoho for 5 years. Their propriety storage and document solution are​ basically unheard of compared to Office Online (with OneDrive) and Google Docs (with Drive). Their IMAP/POP3, CalDav, and CardDav solutions are basic and fragmented, though the features are there. Furthermore, with the free account, I didn't get/expect any customer support so any problems were left to myself to fix (not many came up anyways).

Primarily, you lack integration with third parties and industry leaders with their services. They don't provide many plugins or connectors to external parties, and when they do, the options are lackluster. Don't expect to be able to automate things with Zoho.

Google Workspace and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

While just getting started with similar business suites, the choice for Zoho was clear, since they offered a generous free tier.
Syazwani
Syazwani

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Good with organizing emails

Zoho Mail is better than my previous email hosting that my domain hosting has provided. There are option to access my mail from my mobile device, which i like very much and can access it from anywhere. There are also a tools to have a quick chat with my contact list.

Pros

Sending and receiving emails with Zoho Mail has never been a problem so far. Adding contact list in bulk is very possible and can work in multiple type of file format like .TXT and excel. Creating a template for my email like footnote and signature is easy and has many option like font style and color to customized it.

Cons

There are limited user that can be add for the domain, and will include more fees to add more user. Adding a domain is not easy as it should be, the MX records is not easily recognized by this software and keep showing error. There are no detailed manual to the problem that I face, and only after seeking support from the customer service the problem is fixed.

Daria

Reviewed on 04/01/2024

Great alternative to Gmail

Pros

Gmail very quickly becomes too expensive for a startup. Zoho provides a perfect free alternative.

Cons

Images don't always display properly in incoming emails

Georgios
  • Industry: Maritime

Reviewed on 09/02/2024

Zoho mail friendly for every user.

Zoho mail is very useful I suggest it for business.
Value for money if they can fix a little bit the customer support it will be a top mail app.

Pros

The most important elements of Zoho Mail are its security, combination with cloud storage, and extensive variety of highlights accessible. It coordinates well with outlook and cell phones.

Cons

Poor customer support
Very rare reply to my requests and if they reply is with very big delay.

Angel
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

It is a very good alternative to gmail

Pros

It is easy to set up, has all the features that small businesses need for email and calendar management.

Cons

Sometimes admin view can be confusing only because many of us were used to using Google admin interface

Ramakant

Reviewed on 29/08/2020

Free Business Email tool

Overall i have created all my business emails using Zoho Email. Zoho email provides you a mobile app where you can login and check your emails. The email transfer rate is very fast.

Pros

Zoho is a free platform to create business emails easily. If you are running any company and existing over the internet and want to create a Business email along with your domain name, you are choosing Zoho Email for creating 5 Free business emails.

Cons

Nothing still now. The DNS varification is very time taking.

Google Workspace and ProtonMail

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

Gsuite is taking $5 per month for creating Business emails.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

Zoho Email is very secure and fast. The support team is very pro active and reply in 5-7 hours. Easy login to zoho emails using Mobile apps and Laptop login. Yuu can also add 2 factors authentication.

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

Great alternative to G-Suite for small businesses

I originally tried G-Suite in my organisation. While its powerful and well-known, I found it way too complex to install and manage in a very small organisation. Its seemed needlessly complex and required expertise to administer. I cancelled and tried Zoho and never looked back. I find it simpler and more suited to a small business. And the apps that come bundled in are a big bonus.

Pros

Its simple and easy to use and the the support desk has been great on the few occasions I needed it. There are a bunch of good apps that come bundled-in with the Zoho mail. Its also cheap, dependable and affordable.

Cons

My password manager doesn't always work too well on the login screen. But thats picking hairs a bit!

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

G Suite was very complicated and required a lot of work to set up. I found Zoho way more friendly and easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

Easier to work with, cheaper, not owned by Google.
Gary
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 10/08/2022

Zoho Mail has everything you need in a e-mail server/host.

I have had two other e-mail hosts and Zoho has been the best so far. Their prices are very good, their support is amazing. I have not had any issues since changing over.

Pros

The desktop App and Web app are feature packed and work very well. Zoho has the ability to create application specific password/access for Outlook. Their App actually is better than Outlook on both function and stability.

Cons

Contacts allow you to import from Outlook.com, but no from the Outlook Program. It does allow for importing contact from a CSV file, but I lose some fields.

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

Stability issues with Outlook. I had to delete the account and start over several times to restore send/receive. Error report was unhelpful for trouble shootong. MS was worthless. I have not had any issues with the Zoho desktop or web based App. It works with Outlook.

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

The Gmail App interface is no where near as refined.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 23/10/2022

Zoho Mail's Email Splitting a LIFE SAVER!

We lost a specific feature that some of our email users required. Zoho allowed us to keep this feature using email splitting where those accounts are on Zoho Mail's servers as our secondary email server.This was a major solution which solved those specific users not being able to work for few hours on that day since we were able to impliment Zoho Mail and splitting within hours it was the fastest way we could implement the solution which was greatly appreciated.

Pros

We primarily use Zoho Mail as our secondary email server for some email accounts that require a specific feature that is no longer present on our primary email server so this was a life saver.Zoho Mail makes it easy to migrate and while we did not need to migrate all of our email accounts we are glad to know we can easily move from our primary server if necessary so we are not locked into any email solution.

Cons

The initial setup was a bit challenging as Zoho system assumes you want to set its server as the primary email server so you will have to ignore the constant prompt to add Zoho Mail as your MX record. I think Zoho could add an option to disable that prompt for persons who are just using Zoho Mail as a secondary email server.

Zimbra Collaboration Suite

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

Zoho Mail had the most userfriendly email migration solution that allowed us to migrate some of our email accounts from our primary email server and setting them as the secondary email server for those accounts.We had to implement this solution with hours when a particular feature was no longer available for some accounts who required the feature and Zoho Mail was the easiest to impliment literally within hours the same day we lost the feature.
Lalao
Lalao
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

An email application for business

I find Zoho Email to be an excellent platform for creating professional emails. It also provides a mobile application that allows me to check my emails, when I am on the go. This is a great solution for me because it allows me to stay on top of my work even when I'm not at my desk.

Pros

I use Zoho mail for my professional email hosting needs. It is secure and encrypted, which guarantees the confidentiality of my exchanges with my collaborators. I adopted it because I really liked the idea of creating email addresses that use my company's domain, which allows my contacts to identify me. This facilitates our exchanges and makes us more productive.

Cons

I have not encountered any particular problem with Zoho Mail, I feel it does the job it is asked to do.

Kelsey
  • Industry: Public Safety

Reviewed on 30/05/2023

Th Best Bang For Your Buck

The entire experience has been amazing.

Pros

Zoho Mail and the entire Zoho suite are easy to setup, use, and manage. From onboarding to faint operational use, there isn’t another service that can match it.

Cons

I really don’t dislike anything about Zoho Mail.

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

Needed something with more feature, at a reasonable cost.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

The affordability, ease of use, and numerous features were the selling point.
Binny
Binny
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 07/05/2022

Best support with resilient performance only from Zoho!

My university uses Zoho suite of services instead of Google, it is very cost effective and handy, It comes with mobile app and also a authentication app, so that we don't have to remember the passwords any more. IT admin person set it up in our phone and we can use it even from my gmail application. It is very handy and I have no question to rise in terms of privacy. I loved this product.

Pros

I personally loved the feature of notification that we get when the inbox emails are left to reply. This adds another level of security so that we don't miss on any update. We also get feature of schedule email, which makes customer work very easy. Also, the best feature of Zoho is that the email sent from here are never going in spam at receiver's end. So it shows how reliable Zoho Mail is. Instant chat feature is not much used by me, but is very useful.

Cons

There are no such cons, but the dark theme is very dark, like the buttons and functions looks like neon colour, It catches eye. The UI should be subtle in dark mode so that night vision is not obstructed. But there are no complaints when I see from security point of view.

Claire
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

Excellent Value

I started using Zoho Mail in 2014 when I wanted to have emails come from my domain name. I have no regrets. It's affordable, comes with many helpful features, and their support is always helpful.

Pros

Ease of use and affordable cost as well as the features. I can schedule emails to go out later. If I don't want to make a template because although sending out multiple emails it's just a one-off situation, I can use the "send as new email" feature. It also has good security. I like that I can sync with Outlook, which took care of the desktop issue for me. That's just part of it. They keep improving.

Cons

When Zoho Mail rolled out their desktop version, I was excited, then disappointed when I realized I had to be online to access it.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

I was already using the G Suite for a program I manage and didn't want to use it for my new venture. In addition, I really wanted something different.
Nathan

Reviewed on 23/09/2019

Good for light usage, users should look elsewhere for feature-intensive options

Currently, I am employed full-time in marketing, but also do some consulting and creative strategy work on the side, which is why I needed an email platform to connect with my domain. Because I do not actively prospect my side-business, I don't need a feature-intensive product (like Office 365 or G Suite) and I didn't want to spend much money on the product either. Zoho offers a good compromise when you are looking for a simple hosted e-mail solution. If you are looking for the best integration and office suite, though, you should look towards more expensive options from Google or Microsoft.

Pros

The value of the product is great. And while the e-mail functionality and performance isn't the best, I prefer the layout much better than others I've used. Having access to additional office applications from Zoho could be useful if you needed to separate documents and information for multiple purposes (work, personal, etc.).

Cons

The software isn't the most fluid to use. By this, I mean settings like 2-factor authentication or profiles can be difficult to find. The interface also isn't as well-designed as other e-mail platforms like G-Suite. And, while imap is available for zoho accounts, you are required to pay for it in order to use it. Customer service also isn't the best, but that's about on-par with other technology companies.

Google Workspace and Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

Price was the primary factor. Zoho is the most inexpensive email hosting solution that I could find.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Email Hosting in Constant Revamp Mode

Since I am an active user and recommend this to my clients, I would defintiely say it's worth it, despite the spam stuff. Junk mail will be a pain no matter what.

The interface is pleasing and I do notice they are constantly working to make improvements and updating things

Pros

I use this daily and it's great. It is totally separate from my website hosting email and with a few settings on the server & on my domain registrar, my mail was set up. I use it on my local computer/devices OR I can also login and manage email on the web. I set up folders, filters, blacklist/whitelists, and love that I can create an alias email to give out if I don't want someone to have the private email.

Their support is good, despite taking a few days to get a response sometimes, but they are very friendly and always want to help you solve your problem. A few times, i've gotten phone calls and they've accessed my screen to help me troubleshoot an issue they aren't able to replicate which is miles above other support services these days.

If you choose, you can also use several other features like their contacts manager, calendar, tasks, and several other Zoho branded products (some free, some not).

It's straightforward and basic but to be clear: this is not a replacement for the mail system hyou use on your comptuer... it is an email HOSTING service = where your emails are stored. You still need to use an app on your computer/device to send/receive messages.

HUGE Pro: move to a new web host is a. All I need to do is change a few MX records at my domain registar, I never have to worry about losing email. The steps involved "may" require help but not hard to do.

You can set up a spam management system to either allow, bounce or quarantine msgs.

Cons

It seems like my email sometimes appears to be offline in my computer mail app. It's usually brief but it happens. The more recent setup for anti-spoofing settings were a pain in the butt to set up and I had to contact support for help b/c their instructions were wrong (but, like I said, they did help me and were eager to please).

The spam filtering feels limiting. I can only block emails/ domains. I wish I could add a spam filter based on subjects, keywords or phrases to swipe them in one action. The type of spam that we seem to get with the same topic yet comes from infinite number of addresses makes it a huge pain to manage. You have to login, go to your Control Panel & add the addresses/domains to the blacklist. If I could do this based on the subject line or keywords, I'd have to do this less often. I drown in emails & too many still get through (even if in my Junk folder), I don't want to ever see them.

Then, I seem to get a lot of false negatives. Legitimate people sometimes do not get through & again, need to check the spam settings, add them to the main whitelist & check the quarantine folder. These are more recent changes but it's increasing the time I spend, instead of reducing.

Dakota
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 18/06/2018

A learning experience that has helped me better understand the managing the finer points of...

I ended up learning a lot about the finer points of running a business. By being able to set up my own FREE email server, I now have my own "place" to host all of my work related emails, organize them to my liking, and further share it with the rest of my employees. With the Streams folders, it makes general communication between employees quick and easy, and moderated for appropriateness. It's an incredibly secure way to build a platform for business related communication, both with customers, and with my own team. Overall, this is one of the programs I accredit my budding success (and sanity) to.

Pros

The amount of internal organization this software has, has propelled the rate at which I'm able to get work done. I absolutely love the way you can filter through your emails based on an almost mind boggling amount of search fields. I especially love the attachment filter, as so many of my emails have pictures and PDFs. Even further, the interface for the server is very legible, and as you click through to your emails, the new windows cascade and expand to the right, making it easy to quickly scan for necessary information. The extra applications/plug-ins such as Group Calendars, Streams, Tasks, etc. make internal company communication SO EASY! Honestly, I could talk about the inter-connectivity of the software all day. Not to mention, it's very easy to configure your email with a custom domain server, and as a webmaster, that's just one less headache I want to deal with.

Cons

I first started using Zoho Mail when I was still learning how to write basic HTML and CSS code, and at the time there was a bit of a learning curve for myself when it came to the initial setup of the product. Some of the vocabulary I had yet to learn was throughout the email client, and made it somewhat hard to understand exactly what I was doing. With that being said, Zoho has literally hundreds of resources that are both directly from the company, and from other reliable sources, on how to overcome the "language barrier" and take you through the setup process set by step. So, although there is a learning curve with certain steps, there's still innumerable amounts of resources to help you through the process.

Patrik

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

Was looking for a Gmail and Outlook alternative

Stable and trustworthy!

Pros

It has a FREE version, I can scale it up with more users when needed.
As a freelancer, I can set up several email addresses, something that other providers charge extra for.
Using the webmail interface, I don't have to worry about backup and which computer I have the email installed on.

Cons

Zoho consists of a lot of different modules, which makes the overview difficult to begin with. It takes some time to get used to and find all the settings.

Microsoft Outlook and Gmail

Expensive

Price and freedom.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 12/06/2021

Zoho mail -webmail that is properly integrated

There, I handle my working life! I send/receive messages from/for the community, job openings, collaboration, organizing, and other things. That is why I appreciate the ability to tag each email so that I can easily locate it later.

Pros

i Use Zoho Mail as part of your Zoho One subscription. The bundle has everything I need for my business at a terrific price, and one feature that I particularly like is the CRM connectivity. The webmail client is really user-friendly, and I especially like the associated iOS version. If I'm on the road,I want to concentrate on my business messages rather than the mailing list and other distractions that clog up my Apple Mail.
The CRM integration makes it simple to keep track of emails sent to a client or supplier as part of a continuous flow.
With a clean design and a simple Night Mode toggle, they've kept up with recent design trends.

Cons

The procedure of configuring Zoho Mail is simple, however it can take some time to check the records, and the integration instructions may be enhanced. More interface theme options might be introduced, allowing users to customize the appearance and feel to their liking.

Jose

Reviewed on 08/02/2023

The best and cheapest mail box

Pros

It has the best UI in mail apps, its better than Gmail or Outlook. You can customize everything. A really intuitive app, its pretty easy to manage users.In the cheapest plan, you get personalized signatures, multiple mailboxes, web and mobile apps and custom filters for inbox mails.

Cons

The contact manager sometimes doesnt search correctly.

Microsoft Outlook, Gmail and Hostinger

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

Price, zoho is really cheap

Microsoft Outlook and Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

It is the best quality/price ratio
oscar alberto
oscar alberto
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

The most economical option with more options in email

In general, work with zoho is good, despite the points against, the mail of zoho has all the options to be an excellent service provider, the mobile and web versions I think are the best, has multiple options and On the other hand, it offers the free option to host the business mail of your company if you have your own domain, but depending on the domain it can be for 25 accounts or less.

Pros

What I like about zoho mail is that it is an excellent alternative to traditional email providers, it offers you a service without any publicity which is very much appreciated, you have the option to open a personal email with zoho or if you prefer an email business at very competitive prices, zoho interface seems very clean and functional, you can modify it from the configuration, which has many options to change and customize your email, has very practical modes of notifications as it groups you emails electronic devices according to the order of priority given to them, so that they are ordered and ready for the corresponding reading. It has a version for each device that is needed and it really is very practical and the emails arrive instantly.

Cons

What I do not like is that in the free option you do not have the pop and imap options are only available for the payment option so it is impossible to use the zoho client to receive or send your emails to other platforms if you do not make a payment and you subscribe to their service, on the other hand the pc client is quite deficient, it is a web version of reduced proportions, and you can not configure other accounts unless you close the session of the main account.