Fathom Reviews

About Fathom

Fathom serves as an AI meeting assistant, capturing, transcribing, and summarizing meetings. The application allows users to concentrate on the discussions rather than note-taking.

4.9

Browse Fathom Reviews

Katie
Katie

Reviewed on 24/05/2024

Great Tool, Easy to Use, Easy to Set Up

My overall experience with Fathom has been exceptional. The tool's user-friendly design and powerful features have significantly enhanced my note-taking and organization process. The seamless integration with other apps and robust search functionality make it incredibly efficient and convenient to use. Despite minor occasional sync issues, Fathom's strengths far outweigh any drawbacks, making it a reliable and highly effective tool for managing notes and collaborating with others.

Pros

1. Fathom's intuitive interface and seamless integration with other apps make it incredibly easy to organize and access notes efficiently.
2. The robust search functionality and real-time collaboration features stand out, enabling quick retrieval of information and effective teamwork.

Cons

1. The occasional sync issues can be frustrating, leading to delays in updating notes across devices.
2. The limited customization options for note formatting restrict users from personalizing their notes to their preferences.

Aaron
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 03/06/2024

Fathom Helps Me Focus on the Conversation

I can't imagine another meeting without it. It helps me keep track of key insights from consulting conversations and sales calls without feeling like I have to write everything down on the spot. It also adds an additional layer of protection when initially defining scope, terms, KPIs, and the like.

Pros

Fathom allows me to focus on my conversations without worrying about missing anything. I set it up in 60 seconds and it's been invaluable ever since. I'll never have another meeting without it.

Cons

When using Zoom, I've been having trouble turning off the audio notes (entered the meeting, recording in progress, link shared) – I'm probably just missing a basic setting, but I'd prefer to see this setting off as the default.

Reasons for Choosing Fathom

The UI/UX was more complicated, clunky and I preferred the AI summaries from Fathom.

Abraham

Reviewed on 20/03/2024

I love Fathom

I love fathom as it helps me go forwards and backwards in all conversations

Pros

Easy to use, does the heavy lifting when it comes to recording and transcribing calls. Integration with Zoom and Meet is wonder

Cons

Goes to waiting room, Would have love a way to get the other person on the call accept the call recording as well.

Top Fathom Alternatives

Dixon

Reviewed on 08/04/2024

Fathom is cost effective and efficient for any company!

It boasts a 90% accuracy rate for transcripts, alongside AI-generated summaries of exceptional quality. Additionally, it allows users to bookmark segments during calls for easy review. Its user-friendly interface simplifies editing, highlighting, and sharing of calls and notes with colleagues, partners, and clients, making it accessible even to our less tech-savvy team members. I regularly leverage Fathom for efficient call reviews and incorporate it into every call.

Pros

Being able to generate AI summaries and able to share and create highlights very easily.

Cons

I wish it had the ability to upload calls to be transcribed because sometimes the call is recorded by a partner and is shared as a downloaded file.

Manooch
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 14/06/2024

Revolutionized my meeting workflow

Pros

I love the transcripts, but I think what I appreciate and use the most is the ability to highlight and bookmark important segments of the meeting (it even rewinds to capture everything the speaker said up to that point), and the ability to manually add action items. It has been incredibly easy to implement into my daily meeting workflow, and I use it multiple times a day.

Cons

I had some confusion getting it setup with multiple accounts - I have a client that wants to keep all recordings under a particular domain, and it took some poking around to figure out that I needed to switch back and forth between separate accounts to make that work.

Cullin

Reviewed on 29/05/2024

The best recording software I've used

It's a great tool that works exactly as described, and the support has been great.

Pros

The tool just works exactly as described. It records and transcribes my calls effortlessly, and I love the automated recaps. I also love that I can effortlessly share recordings with clients - they appreciate that I "keep my word" because everything is documented with action items.

Cons

I strongly dislike that there is no multiple account feature. I have to toggle between my personal, my client account, and my agency account all day.

Vennice Gayl

Reviewed on 02/06/2024

Great tool for project managers!

Pros

I love how Fathom offers a summary after every meeting and that I can review the meeting anytime.

Cons

None to be honest. Fathom is really great!

Reviewed on 06/06/2024

Intuitive and Easy to Use

Pros

Fathom was easy to install and implement. The prompt that pops up before each meeting is super helpful. The interface is user-friendly especially compared to other similar apps I've tested. Fathom's customer service is eager to help. I use Fathom daily.

Cons

I haven't experienced any problems with Fathom so far.

Zach

Reviewed on 11/06/2024

Tremendous help

Extremely useful tool. I don't know why I delayed in trying this out, it's super helpful.

Pros

Great resource for ensuring no detail is overlooked. The post-call summaries are clutch and a great resource to prep for upcoming calls.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. It meets or exceeds all expectations I have for helping me manage my meetings.

Samantha

Reviewed on 18/06/2024

Best AI Notetaker Thus Far

I used to have to juggle listening to either the webinar I was in or the client consults I was on and take notes at the same time. But now I know all of the important information is being captured along with tasks and I can easily send that to the other people I am on the call with. I also love that I can watch the recording and certain points in the note taking will take me right there.

Pros

How easy it is to use and record. I don't even have to worry if I am capturing all of the points because it does it so flawlessly. I was up and running in no time with integrating it with Zoom.

Cons

I don't like the various windows that appear when I join a meeting. Sometimes if I join from a link in a calendar view it won't open my Fathom to give me a choice to record.

Keith
Keith

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

"The Best AI Assistant for Your Meetings"

It's very easy to use and you can set it to start with all your meetings if desired. I have the Mac app installed, which is easy to install and setup. I use Fathom with almost all my meetings.

After the meeting is over you will almost immediately get an email with the full transcript, the recorded video with linked timestamps and multiple summary options. These options are amazing! Depending on the type of meeting (sales call, project kick-off), the summary will be presented in a very meaningful structure that you can use as a base for your next steps. The notes are also linked to timestamps in the original conversation so you can refer back to them for details.

There are several options for exporting the conversation and summaries, including Notion, Google Docs, Asana, Gmail, Todoist and MS Word.

It also creates a list of the questions that are asked by all attendees, which can be used for so many things.

You can download the video if needed and send it to all attendees with a quick link. And when you view all meetings they each have a video thumbnail, which makes it so much easier to sort through.

Support has always been top-notch. They answer quickly and are very helpful.

Pros

Fathom does so much more than just transcribe your meetings. It has a control panel that you can view like a sidebar during your meetings, so you can tell it that you want to "highlight" what you are talking about or mark it as an "action item". With these options, you truely don't have to worry about taking notes and you can focus on the conversation.

Cons

Perhaps if the action items could have title for you instead of having to type them in while on the meeting, that would be helful. If there's anything else I wish something had or needs fixing, support is always available and listens to feedback.

Reasons for Choosing Fathom

Price, for starters, but after using it I couldn't go back to other AI transcription apps.

Reasons for Switching to Fathom

Having the video recorded and available right there is a big bonus so I don't have to worry about forgetting to hit record for meetings that the guests should have a recording. The advanced summaries are better than I have seen in any other app and there are so many options. (Paid plan)
Doug
Doug

Reviewed on 22/12/2023

Must-have sales assistant

Absolutely fabulous. It has really changed the power of my own sales, as well as enabled me to take dives into each agent and figure out what may or may not have gone well in a call.

The fact that I can mark to-dos in the meeting as I say them, and have them pushed into my CRM task list is remarkable. I went from someone who had a lot of trouble remembering everything that was promised in a meeting (without an assistant or a note taker) to not forgetting a single thing. It really is amazing.

Pros

I love the seamless interface to have it join meetings, and then the little widget that allows you to mark important things in the meeting is a total game-changer for my sales calls.

Cons

Not much honestly. I guess it goes down every now and then, but what software doesn't. I wish it could record my phone calls the same way it does the Zoom meetings.

Gong.io

Reasons for Choosing Fathom

Zoom's recording was fine, and it did sync with HubSpot with notes and everything - but Fathom just brings a level of data, information and ease of use that isn't even comparable to simple recordings of the meetings.

Zoom Workplace

Reasons for Switching to Fathom

I tried it first honestly, and it just hit the nail on the head for what I wanted.
Logan

Reviewed on 18/12/2023

"Fathom is the best transcription tool hands down."

Overall awesome tool. It makes my job 10x easier when it comes to capturing notes and recording calls.

Pros

My favorite part about Fathom is the quick Highlighting ability. It makes my note taking real-time so much easier. Not only does this help me put things into buckets based on topics of the meeting, but it makes it really easy for sending things to the right places after. I will send Feedback Requests to our product channel in slack, and all of the pain points I highlight go straight into Hubspot meeting notes for that company.

Cons

Only things I dislike is that it doesn't let you connect to CRM after the fact. So if I have a call that a prospect uses a different email, I can't link that to the right contact.

Christian
Christian

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

Fathom´s AI Notetaker

I am extremely happy. Massive time saver for me and I am already trying to convince people I know to start using it.

Pros

That the Ai note taking part is super sharp, and the email summaries I get at the end save me hours a week. I am comparing to other tools here, but I´ve never had one where I just trusted it had understood and therefore didn´t need to verify.

Cons

This is kinda harsh, as it is just a feature I´d like, but the ability to instruct the AI note taker as to what kinda things to focus on in different kinds of meetings, so when I have calls with externals, assume it is sales and focus on XYZ, when its a meeting with person X, it is a short daily, focus on ZYX, etc.

Also, that it gives the same amount of notes regardless of the meeting length,

Reasons for Choosing Fathom

I have tried different other tools before, but at the time I tried Fathom again I was not using a tool, but had a person with me.

Reasons for Switching to Fathom

I have tried Otter and others like it before, so I guess all of them.
Blake

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

The absolute best AI notetaker in the industry

I have been floored at how great the product is but also how great the support and help center is. Onboarding was fun and I feel like their enablement helped me become a power use fast.

Pros

I love how Fathom is like an extra assistant that takes notes on everything covered in my meetings, allowing me to focus on the meeting and not on scribbling down notes. The ability to go back to any call at a later date and have a perfect transcription, timestamps, summaries, the video recording, and the integrations... it's become a superpower for productivity for me.

Cons

Nothing! The tool is more powerful than any other one I've used so far.

Carson

I absolutely LOVE Fathom

Easy notes and recordings fro zoom calls. Better than any other tool I've tried for this

Pros

The talk time indicator during call really helps me be aware of lopsided conversations. The AI summaries are incredibly helpful and save so much time. Being able to go back, quickly search the transcript, and review comments or notes from a call is so easy.

I use it every single day and it relieves a lot of stress since I don't have to take copious notes during the calls.

Cons

The playback window is a bit hard to see things like screenshare or other details, I wish it was more responsive to sizing changes.

Reasons for Switching to Fathom

Fathom had better features and cheaper price. It was a no-brainer
Jessie
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

Fathom saves me hours of time!

Pros

I love that the videos/transcripts save to the platform rather than your computer. Everything is in one place in your account and doesn't take up precious real estate on your hard drive. I love how easy it is to use - it took no time to onboard! The feature that allows you to categorize and customize important moments in the meeting has saved me hours of time! It allows me to go back and quickly revisit the section!

Cons

I really wish it could join meetings that require registration on Zoom. We host quarterly community events with upwards of 100 people and usually have a special guest speaker. We need to require registration so we know how many people to expect. I'm responsible for writing a summary of the event and fathom can't help me yet.

Alicia

Didn't know I needed it until I had it

Pros

After the call is done, I have a full transcript, and an AI summary. Both are linked to their exact moments in the video That allows me to keep record of all of our meetings, and I've been able to direct clients to the recording instead of answering the same question repeatedly. It also helps us look back to a conversation to remember what was said.

Cons

I'm afraid the rug will get ripped out from under me and I'll have to pay to access my files some day. Is it too good to be true? Otherwise, I wish I could edit the transcripts.

Reasons for Switching to Fathom

Integrated with Zoom, was right there in its apps.
Justine
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

A must for virtual meetings

Overall, it is a great investment especially with today’s work environment. With things that can be easily missed during virtual meetings, Fathom made it possible to revisit and review recordings with ease.

Pros

The AI feature for meeting summaries made work life easier. With just a click of a button, I can easily share minutes of the meeting to my colleagues.

Cons

Prior to deployment, Fathom was only available via Zoom. But with the recent update, it is now made available for Google Meet. It also wasn’t running on Google Chromebooks but now it is!

Frank
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 08/03/2024

Fathom - You need this!

Mind. Blown. Wish I had this a long time ago. It has been so easy to setup and use it actually made meetings fun again!

Pros

It takes perfect notes. Action items. Allows you to make unlimited custom tags that know to rewind to where that part of the conversation started to highlight it which turns into quick links later that you can send to others who only need that piece.

Cons

Would be an amazing addition to support more than one calendar. For me I have multiple companies and most calendars are active. I can forward the meeting to the email fathom is logged in as for a work around.

Jason

Reviewed on 24/04/2024

Fathom is a big time saver for me!

Overall it's a great tool, and the support is very good! I highly recommend it to anyone and it allows you to focus on the meeting and not worry about typing out your notes and intently listening!

Pros

It's easy and friendly to use, and after a couple of meetings, I was able to realise value. It generated the recording, summary and AI summaries within 3-4 minutes which is extremely fast. No longer do I have to wait for Zoom to generate the recording which took more than 40 mins!

Cons

The perspective of how the summaries are written. Although I save a lot of time, I still need to modify the wording when sharing notes with the customer or internally with my team.

Joshua

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

A must have tool for zoom meetings

Pros

Fathom is super easy to use and set up. It integrates easily with Zoom, Google meet, and Hubspot. Their Al summaries cannot be beat. I've seen summaries from other vendors and Fathom's are by far the best.

Its really been a breath of fresh air not to have to take such detailed notes on ever call. I can now just listen to the call and click on action items as they come up knowing that I will get a really good summary of the call afterwards. The call summaries include action items and next steps.

Fathom has been super helpful for repeat meetings to quickly review what happened in the last meeting.
They also make it easy to share videos with other colleagues.

Cons

If I'm being nit picky, we some times have multiple team members on the same zoom call. I am able to stop fathom from joining the call but I wish there was a setting so that I could prevent my Fathom account from joining the call if another member on my team was already recording the call.

Jessica

Reviewed on 22/01/2023

An advanced tool that helps to understand meetings in virtual reality better

One of the most controversial issues in the past was not recording notes accurately during virtual meetings, as we needed to re-listen to the entire recording and take notes manually, which required much effort and manual work. Fathom removed all that burden from us, as its unique tools helped us simplify the procedures, and the copying process became automated, which enabled us to write down everything and prepare it within the designated form so that we could follow it up accurately, and make the necessary updates in the upcoming meetings.

Pros

It is excellent to use Fathom to understand meetings in virtual reality, as we can, with simple steps, record video clips as well as calls directly and convert them into texts, which helps us to ensure that minutes of meetings are written accurately, without neglecting any details, even if they are small. Fathom is very easy to use, and I can organize everything saved within the records to go back and update my previous notes quickly. I appreciate how Fathom can engage with colleagues to ask for updates or get more clarification on specific points.

Cons

Fathom is very easy to use, and the dashboard is designed to help you quickly use all the functions; the subscriptions are affordable, and the free version provides many excellent services.

Yesenia

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

Indispensable to Run my Business

Fathom is helping me solve the issue of trying to document what is going on in the meeting while simultaneously running the meeting and being an active participant and listener.

Pros

I love that Fathom records calls, creates transcripts and summaries, as well as allows me to mark items to come back to and create tasks. It helps me focus on serving my clients versus trying to document every part of the meeting. I have used it for every one of my calls since I started using it. I also like that I can share the recording of the call or even snippets of it for my clients to review.

It's great that it's integrated into Zoom and I don't have to take any additional steps to start it as I'm preparing for my meetings.

The customer support has also been amazing and helpful.

Cons

One thing I don't like is that the desktop version won't stay installed on my computer. I know I am missing out on features by not being able to use the desktop version.

Reviewed on 27/12/2023

Cant live with it

Pros

I love that it automatically joins meeting and gets straight to work by revising what was mentioned and highlight action items. The best part is after the meeting as it provides a summary which can be copied over to your CRM and can organise an email with the action items set out. This is a game changer and i dont think i can live without it.

Cons

I wish it had the ability to add it to a meeting even if it not in your calendar.