Cisco Jabber Reviews

About Cisco Jabber

Cisco Jabber is a unified communication software solution designed to facilitate the collaboration and communication needs of any business. With Jabber, users are able to utilize video and voice conferencing, messaging, and...

4.1

Benjamin
Benjamin

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

Excellent business-level communications

As far as chat/messaging utilities goes, you really can't beat this one since it easily integrates with many other cisco software products making for a seamless experience when working with others and communicating with clients.

Pros

It has most of the basic functions to allow easy communication and sharing of documents in an office environment. It also organizes any files making them easy to locate later when needed.

Cons

The history it stores for communications is a bit limited at times especially when you realize you need to go back to review a conversation only to find it was just outside the time limit it saves.

Reviewed on 06/05/2022

Where did Jabber go?

When we used Cisco Jabber, it satisfied our business needs with ease 7 years ago, but with licensing moving to the cloud, it makes the overall solution expansive without giving much value back

Pros

Cisco Jabber brought great chat and video capability to the PBX platform with little difficulty to deploy it into the environment

Cons

With everything moving to the cloud, WebEx software is taking over the software adding unnecessary bloatware into the simple environment

BroadVoice Cloud PBX and Zultys MX System

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Jabber

It came with our E5 licensing which is a cost savings

Microsoft Teams

Reasons for Switching to Cisco Jabber

Since we were a Cisco shop with firewalls and switches, it was a great cost and easy deployment at the time

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

Cisco Jabber - Communication within organization made easy

We communicate with business partners,clients,coworkers and customers using Cisco jabber. We were using wired cisco phones earlier and with Cisco jabber life has become simpler. We use the wireless headsets to communicate anyone anytime.There are a very few bugs that is very annoying as mentioned above and which needs to be fixed. Overall a very good product and along with Cisco Webex , attending a meeting is less stressful.

Pros

1. Communication and calls with co-workers made easy.
2. No more Wired phones or Cell phones to attend official calls.
3. People working from phone were using cell phones to connect to meeting, when they put call on hold, it will be the most irritating moment where everyone gets pissed off, we dont have that problem anymore.
4. Managing contacts is simpler
5. Placing calls and attending calls are very simple too.
6. we are able to customize the setup based on our needs.
7. The chat windows are compact and easy to use.
8. Works cool with Cisco webex configurations.
9. Works well even with poor internet connection.

Cons

1. Pop ups along with their message when a co-workers pings us, certain things needs to be confidential and we need to customize the settings to avoid it.
2. Status is not correct all the time, have lot of instances when the user is presenting but appears to be in presenting status.
3. User appears online, When we try to ping that person the status changes to offline.
4. User appears offline but when we start pinging them it shows their real status. Its kind of very annoying certain times and these things should be avoided.

Top Cisco Jabber Alternatives

ICE Click-to-Chat

BroadVoice Cloud PBX

Cisco AnyConnect

Tony

Reviewed on 13/04/2022

Useful and easy to use

Jabber has allowed our engineering team to stay in close contact during the pandemic so we can discuss solutions to problems and plan accordingly. In addition, our help desk started using it during the pandemic to discuss problems with the engineers, and request assistance or pass on a particularly difficult issue. We found jabber useful before the pandemic, and during it truly proved it’s worth.

Pros

Jabber is simple for end users to use, yet robust enough for IT professionals to use as well. I like the ability to personalize my offline notice. It is easy to have jabber set up on a mobile device as well as your computer, and both seem to work equally well. The ability to private message is very useful, and the fact that Jabber saves the conversations is very handy as well.

Cons

Sometimes messages sent on mobile do not show up on the computer. It is still saved on the mobile device, but it occasionally causes confusion.

Discord

Reasons for Choosing Cisco Jabber

More options, easier to use in our environment

Slack

Reasons for Switching to Cisco Jabber

Jabber was easier for our end users to use. It seamlessly joined with our active directory to allow our users to have access.
Timmy

Reviewed on 14/03/2021

A handy, referential client that provides IM support for Webex Meetings

Manage the client while many technical workers and executives within our organization message on it (both to me and without me, to one another). Group chats are easy to convert into video calls, fully-fledged Webex conferences, or both depending on the needs of they conversation.

Pros

I love that IMs during Webex meetings made and/or hosted through Jabber will be saved, securely, forever. There are often times where a good point is made during a meeting and it's up to the secretary to remember the point, its context, and then send it out again. Jabber allows us to make and store these observations in real-time.

Cons

1-on-1 messages between users are stored locally on the disk. This can lead to problems with security if users are unaware their storage is local and their workspace security is compromised. Larger, group messages are encrypted and stored safely on the cloud, though.

Samson
Samson

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Jabber as a Desk Phone replacement

The Desktop call quality is great but the interface still have rooms for improvement

Mobile option is a nice feature but voice quality is unacceptable most of the time (My firm actually disabled this feature at the moment due to the quality issuse

Pros

Our firm is gradually rolling out Jabber as a desk phone replacement. Overall the experience is pleasant. Voice quality is good. But the UI can tweaked a bit

Cons

- We tried Jabber on Mobile (Android app) but the experience was far from perfect. Voice qaulity was really bad even though the network speed was good

- There is always confusion if user has multiple of speakers/headphones. while it is changable through the menu options, I think it should show on the main windows so user can see if a wrong one was chosen and can change easily on the fly

- To call a number, we simply need to type the number out in the Jabber window. In our firm, we have many old fashion user that would like to see the keypad and initial calls from there. Also, there should be an option to display a keypad whenever a call is made instead of require manual toggle to show the keypad. Some of our users work require them to make many phone call and then use the keypad to select different options after the call is established

BlueJeans Meetings

Reasons for Switching to Cisco Jabber

It's a Cisco products that our firm would like to combine most communication solutions with the same vendor

Reviewed on 17/03/2020

Team chatting

We as a team with more than 200 users per day have little issues will any off the dad to day stuff. It just works and works well.

Pros

I like the fact that is can control my desk phone. Working away I can answer my phone with just a mouse click and it pops up in my screen and or i can decline call and it goes to voice mail with just one click. Plus it can do other things like play voice mail and share your screen for quick meetings. Plus it has a Active Directory

Cons

Sometime the LDAP dose not bring over the new passwords when people are forced to change passwords. Than is about all we have had issues wish in 4 years.

Heather
Heather

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

Jabber

I use Cisco Jabber constantly throughout the day, daily. It is a great tool to communicate with co-workers when you may not be available by phone. It is very user-friendly. I found it easy to add contacts, as well as set up different groups within my contacts. One of the features I really enjoy is that you can open previous one-on-one conversations and look back at what was said.

Saves one-on-one conversations
Easy to do group chats

Cons

It does not save group conversations after the conversation window has been closed.

• Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 29/06/2020

Very Easy to Use

I use Cisco Jabber weekly for calling when my contacts are not available through Microsoft Teams.

Pros

The phone feature is very easy to use as it has a skeuomorphic design where it looks like a phone keypad. Because of this, it looks just like a phone so it doesn't have a learning curve.

Cons

The chat feature is a bit confusing and I never really use it because of it. My organization also uses Microsoft Teams which I end up using for chat instead.

Ravikumar
Ravikumar
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 17/02/2023

Jabber Review

Very Good and simple to use.

Pros

I like the video streaming quality and audio quality. Really very good

Cons

I think cost is the factor and ofcouse if you have a better negotiation then it can be sorted

Jared
Jared
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 10/05/2023

The comprehensive unified communication solution to keep my team connected and collaborative.

Communication between team members is more fluid and efficient, which has resulted in greater productivity and collaboration in our projects. Integration with third party applications such as Microsoft Outlook and Google Calendars has further enhanced our planning and time management capabilities. Additionally, the ability to make high-quality voice and video calls has reduced the need for face-to-face meetings, saving time and resources. Overall, Cisco Jabber has been a valuable addition to our workflow and has significantly improved the way we communicate and collaborate in our organization.

Pros

Since I started using Cisco Jabber at work, I have experienced a noticeable improvement in communication and collaboration with my colleagues. I love how the app integrates instant messaging, voice and video calls, and file sharing into one platform. The presence feature allows me to easily see the availability of my teammates, facilitating fast and efficient communication. Plus, Cisco Jabber's compatibility with a wide range of devices and operating systems allows me to stay connected and collaborate no matter where I am.

Cons

Although Cisco Jabber offers a wide range of features, it also has some limitations. I have occasionally experienced stability and performance issues, especially during video conferences. Also, the user interface could be more intuitive, as it is sometimes difficult to find certain features or settings. Finally, to take full advantage of the capabilities of Cisco Jabber, it is necessary to have an adequate Cisco infrastructure, which can be expensive.

Alvaro
Alvaro
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

We use Jabber for both work and play in the office

We use Jabber for corporate presence, instant messaging, chat, voice and video calls. It works seamlessly with other Cisco products. And for me, a nostalgic value which reminds me that Jabber has been my go-to messaging platform for decades, and it continues to impress and be a reliable workhorse.

Pros

Initially, I can't believe that the Jabber software we loved back in the University has been aquired by Cisco. It was pleasant news because it signals the more professional maintenance and dev for this much loved software.

We use Jabber (then, and) now for our main messaging software. It is easily deployable company-wide or even to small departments and teams for a limited/specialized use case.

The UI is pretty clean, lite, fast, and functional. In the office, it is easy to see Presence (i.e., who's online and perhaps ready for a chat). Now the call both audio only or with video is very reliable. It is pretty solid for corporate use.

Since this is owned by Cisco, you can expect seamless integration with a host of other CIsco products you may have (e.g., we use it in conjunction with Cisco WebEx).

Cons

Well... aesthetics matter a lot to me.. and Jabber, although has been refined a bit, still needs a more modern look and feel (especially now that there are tons of other messaging platforms available).

Just a note though to keep backups of important conversations (e.g., in chat). I have had experience when my old messages got deleted when I leave a chat group.

Mia

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Cisco jabber is Good however there are malfunctions

The software is great however behind every system operation is a person. My experience elsewhere has led me to believe that a person motives could be good or bad. Before I rate the software as horrible I will question the motives of the one controlling the software within the company. You are the designer and I must admit you've done a great job. How companies use your product is on the company once the product is sold. I've noticed small businesses and employment outside of call centers experience little to no malfunctioning when using your product. Big business and corporations is where I experienced the most software issues.

Pros

Being able to communicate with employees around the world by phone, email, web, messaging, etc. The software is great depending on how it's being used. I've worked with Cisco products elsewhere and find that there was little to no system issues. It's amazing how you can conduct meetings face to face elsewhere by web and associate with everyone in the office.

Cons

The software will malfunction and completely stop performing its duties. Jabber will interfer with how avaya which is a phone system operates causing disconnection in calls and system freezing. I noticed after not using jabber the calls became normal and the system freezing discontinued. I find that a lot of call centers offering work from home positions requires the use of jabber and has implemented the use into company policies resulting in termination if the software is not used however on site employees are not required to use the software. The software can be used as spyware within a security team.

Reviewed on 20/07/2018

I use Cisco jabber everyday for meeting, chatting , sharing snapshot,sharing screen with...

In my daily work life, I discuss my issues , make a call, sharing screen while doing my problem. I can easily talk with any of my colleague with this and share my screenshots of issues and bugs easily with different people. With this, i can see client or colleague's screen to view their issues in better way. I can share my instant status with someone while i am on the call or in the meeting so someone not disturb me while busy work. I can create the group whenever i need to call my colleagues for my achievements sweets or discuss about the good news with them. Share the emoticons with them and let them know my instant mood. Moreover, i can arrange meeting with clients and ping to them for urgent meeting if he/she is available on the same time.

Pros

We can share screen with client and colleague's system with this and ping to anyone which under Cisco connection. We can create the common group , sharing screenshots , use different emoticons etc with this. It helps a lot to us in our daily work. This is simple tool, the laymen also use this with simple way.

Cons

The most least thing about this is which happed to me many times that while meeting with client it automatically disconnected. And also Cisco jabber delete the history messages which i think it worst thing. Sometimes we need to see old messages but for some time stamp it delete the messages. If it stores all the history then it would be lovable.

Oleksandr

Reviewed on 05/01/2023

Cisco Jabber is effective on every call you make

With Cisco Jabber, we conduct various activities, from external communication with our customers and suppliers to highly organized webinars. Since this program works well daily, I never have problems connecting with my customers. It can be integrated with a variety of software programs. It has a chat function and text messaging, allowing users to communicate in various ways. We are aware of all the reach achieved from executing an interaction strategy.

Pros

I like it because I can establish robust criteria on every video chat; it is straightforward to use and incorporates a great list of tools to make a selective video call. It has been convenient as I can schedule meetings for any time of the day, and we have established various communication channels with any user. The organization of the tools and the application's main features are attractive. We are using it to share collaboration with other members of the organization and consumers and potential customers through video calls.

Cons

The fact that using Cisco Jabber depends on an active Internet connection makes it difficult to use when I am in mountainous regions. Therefore, the video call quality is often relatively low due to the location.

Brad
Brad

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

A great way to keep your team communicating.

About two years ago our company adopted Jabber as the communication standard. I feel like it has helped bring us together, and it has made it so much easier to find and communicate with someone in the company. I can look up an employee by name and dial them directly, I can group them by teams, I can see at a glance when I've missed a call from someone. It really has revolutionized the way our company communicates.

Pros

This software has so many features. It has most of the features you'd expect from a chat client (see cons for a few that are missing), but where it really shines is the integration it allows for your Microsoft Outlook and Webex functionality. It also syncs with my phone extension so that you can not only see when I'm on a call, you can also dial someone from directly within the app. It also allows you to control your voicemail from within Jabber. You also have the ability to share your screen and even do screen snippits from within the app. It is very user-friendly.

Cons

Okay, this is kind of petty, but I wish there were more social features. All you get for emojis are just a few still images. I like having animated emojis, GIFs, and memes to communicate with like you do in other communication apps.

Priya

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

An all-inclusive and intuitive platform for voice-over IP and video conferencing

We've been using this app for everything from internal communications to client communications to meetings to messaging, and it's been great. The call quality is excellent, and we appreciate the clarity. The customer service is impressive, and all features (chat, texting, and screen sharing) perform as advertised. To date, we have had a positive experience with Jabber.

Pros

We utilize it for video calls and VOIP to bridge communication distances. It works wonderfully and can be accessed from any computer or mobile device. The program's user-friendliness and inherent clarity make it simple to grasp how it functions. It facilitates internal communication and collaboration, allowing us to work more efficiently from any location and on any device while also allowing us to serve our customers better.

Cons

It still has numerous limitations and might use better integration with several third-party programs.

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Great Communications Tool

Our department wide use of this application has been slow coming. We had several staff members that were reluctant to ditch their phone and go with Jabber. A few teams decided to give it a shot just among themselves, and after awesome experiences it has caught on like wild fire. We now have more than 90% of our department using jabber almost exclusively.

Pros

This application has allowed our department to ditch conventional IP phones. It has saved us money on hardware, and has provided us the ability to communicate securely within our organization from basically anywhere we have a internet connection. We have this tied into our CISCO phone system so it works just like having a traditional phone. My team has the application on their computers and cell phones. They can answer their calls from both and chat with team members with ease.

Cons

The only minor con is that of ease of use. Like any application, it takes a bit of time to get used to and understand. It doesn't work exactly like a traditional phone would, so understanding the new conventions it requires can take some time.

Yeni
Yeni

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

Jabber is a must for the corporate environment.

Pros

Jabber enable everyone in my organization to work efficiently as a group ,even without having to be physically present in the office environment. I love how Jabber effectively combines audio messages ,instant messages ,web conference and video conference into one powerful client on my desktop and smartphone.
I love the smartphone app.(Android), it has been a reliable way to stay connected with my team while on the move. Allowing me to join conference calls or dial personal numbers right from my smartphone.
It integrates well with Cisco video phone and we recently imtegrated it with Webex,making it easier to launch webex meetings.By integrating with my phone ,I am able to manage my missed calls ,and listen to messages dropped by callers on my voicemail.

Cons

Inability to search my conversation history is a personal grudge I have got with Jabber . Am also wondering why anytime I leave a group ,all of my conversations on the group gets removed.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 11/04/2023

Decent Softphone option

Overall Jabber works really well to allow for remote calls through the office lines from remote.

Pros

Jabber works well as a Softphone which is our primary use case. It's easy to enable and disable features to allow for easier work from remote options. It also works great in the office so you can use more input/output options than a desk phone can offer.

Cons

The main complaint we have with Jabber is it's odd lack of support for some hardware. As an example, if you try various bluetooth headsets you might find that some will work and others won't even be listed. Sometimes your audio device list seems to change based on hardware detected if you use a dock. It doesn't really do a perfect job in remember which input/output devices are preferred 100% of the time.

Reviewed on 13/05/2020

Great Idea, Poor Quality

Cisco Jabber, had it worked properly, would have helped me to keep up with my messages when I was away from my desk and allow me to save time by quickly deleting/skipping messages that were unnecessary. Ultimately, Cisco Jabber brought me more frustration than it did help.

Pros

I liked that Cisco Jabber would allow me to answer calls if I was away from my desk on my laptop. I also liked the feature of saving my voice messages on my desktop so that I could also access those when I was away from my desk. This allowed me to scroll through the messages and quickly identify those that were legitimate and those that were likely spam.

Cons

Although this product worked great at first, within about 2 weeks it stopped working and no amount of customer service, which was poor, ever got me back online. I really wished that it would have been fully functional for the entire time that I used it because it truly would have made my life easier but it had some glitches that just couldn't be resolved. Often times it would record the messages and present them as an option to be clicked on on the screen but when I clicked on them it would just indefinitely load and never actually play the message

• Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Cisco Jabber

Overall, I am very happy with Cisco Jabber. I would not be able to perform my job duties as effectively without it, nor would the employees that I supervise.

Pros

Cisco Jabber is extremely helpful to be able to communicate instantly to someone else in your company, regardless of what location they sit in. It allows real-time communication, which is far more efficient than email, when you need answers quickly. Also, it is extremely helpful that it has the capability for you to be able to send screen captures to another user, as well as to use screen sharing, in order to determine what is happening on someone else's computer, when they are in a different location than you.

Cons

The only thing that could be considered at all negative about this software in my opinion, is that it can sometimes become a tool used by employees to gossip with one another or complain. This can sometimes be difficult, but the benefits of the instant communication far outweigh any issues that that would bring about.

• Industry: Newspapers

Reviewed on 24/12/2019

Access to your work phone at any time of day

Cisco Jabber allows me to leave work without worrying that I'll miss an important call or not be able to contact someone from my work extension. It also makes retrieving voicemails much easier with the option to have them emailed to you. Communicating over the phone and staying connected becomes much more convenient with this software.

Pros

Cisco Jabber allows me to call people on my cellphone as if I were in the office. I really like how I can stay connected to those I contact for work without giving out my personal number. I also receive emails whenever I get a voicemail and can listen to them from my email account without being at my phone or dialing in from another phone. It has made the times I need to work outside of office hours much more convenient. I'm not a tech person at all and have found Jabber easy to use.

Cons

I much prefer other messaging services like Slack over Jabber's instant messaging tool. That said, I have no complaints about the phone aspect of this software.

Jamie Anne
Jamie Anne
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 27/02/2019

Powerful tool in the workplace

Overall, I love Jabber's simplicity. Work itself is tedious and it is relaxing to use a tool that is pleasant to the eyes while allowing everyone to connect and get the job done. It is indeed a Unified Communicator.

Pros

I used Cisco Jabber for over 3 years. I worked in a large call center and it was very essential for each agent as it helps us communicate even without going to someone's desk. Call centers are busy and customers could not afford to have unnecessary background noises. I like Jabber because the instant messages, calls and video conferencing are secured. I also love that we were able to create group chats and actually name them and we were allowed to share files, attachments or screenshots. Another plus point is it's MS Outlook Integration. The user interface is also friendly and simple.

Cons

I think Cisco Jabber can improve on its Mobile Application. There were times when it lagged that I had to re-install.

Syed
Syed

Reviewed on 13/06/2020

Screen Sharing & training purpose

Before pandemic situation I was working one of the project it really helps me to view the screen on my testing team and taking the immediate action instead of sending mail and screen shot and analyzing the root cause.
And it also help me for implementing training program between offshore and onshore sites.
Having said that some times facing some technical problem with PC you can share your screen with technical team to fix the problem.

Pros

1)User friendly option for screen sharing.
2)Easy to take access control while screen sharing.
3)Conferencing facilities available.
4) Coping number from address book and pasting Jabber in dialer.
5) Making direct calls from Jabber.
6) Built-in chat box to communicate with the team
7) option to create the team for group calls and presentation
8) Group Video call facilities

Cons

Currently screen sharing options is available on desktop version same can't be view in mobile.
In between Jabber gets auto log off