Mailjet Reviews

About Mailjet

Mailjet is a cloud-based email automation solution that helps small to large businesses create, manage, send and optimize email marketing as well as transactional emails. The platform offers a drag-and-drop builder that allows...

Browse Mailjet Reviews

• Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

Great mailing platform

Easy to setup, I like how they instruct you to setup your mailing domain in an optimal way and guide you through the process.

Pros

The overall design of the platform as well as the email builder is one of the best i've seen. It makes it possible for even novice users to design templates and send email campaigns.

Cons

Price is a bit high compared to some open source and self hosted options like OemPro but for a SASS product its still pretty good.

Sahar
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 30/12/2021

For the price, Mailjet is near perfect

The Mailjet template creator is easy to use if you have any experience using other template creators. Love how they include "saved sections" in the template creator for ease of creation. Mailjet has strict rules for anti-spam measures and that's a good thing. The majority of my emails do get delivered. For the frequency of our newsletters, Mailjet is perfect for our company. For transactional emails, we use Marsello because of its vast segment properties.

Pros

Picking a mail software is extremely stressful since most companies will charge you an arm and a leg when your list grows. Mailjet is the most value-driven software for medium-sized businesses.

Cons

If you want to segment at all, you have to upgrade to higher payment tiers. After testing their segment tiers, I wasn't too impressed by the options, so I downgraded it.

Constant Contact, Brevo, SendGrid and Omnisend

Reasons for Choosing Mailjet

Mailchimp has gotten so much more expensive over the years.

Alexander
Alexander

Reviewed on 21/09/2019

Easy To Setup, Crazy Terms of Service

It started off good, as an easy to use software but later turned into a nightmare working with their support.

Pros

It's really easy to set up and get going on a WordPress site, and I liked being able to authenticate by confirming an email rather than by DNS if I wanted.

Cons

Their TOS and enforcement of it is absolutely insane.

One of my sites sends transactional emails for the purchase of firearms accessories (think like holsters, nothing regulated). They blocked my entire account and all sites associated because of that. I removed the site they flagged, thinking I'd get my account back.

The compliance team then had to review my account, and then said one site I had linked which does landscaping is also against their terms because they don't allow real estate sales/related services.

I should note, none of the sites on my account were sending any sort of newsletter or promotional emails. It was all contact form submissions and purchase receipts.

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

It seemed easier to use at the time. I've since moved on.

Response from Sinch

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your feedback and we apologize for any issues you had with our service. Ultimately our sending policy is in place to avoid issues of spam, and illicit sending. We restrict content on self-service plans related to fire arms and real estate due to recommendations from ISPs. Thanks for understanding.

Best,
The Mailjet team

Replied 25/09/2019

Top Mailjet Alternatives

Ryleigh
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Great for Basic Email Marketing

Mailjet has all the basics and does them well if you need a solid email marketing platform with no frills. You can create, edit, manage, schedule and optimize with ease.

Pros

I like how easy it is to learn how to use Mailjet. In just a few short hours, I felt like I was a pro at navigating the platform as well as creating and updating new emails to send to my contact lists. If you've worked with website or email platforms before, Mailjet will be a breeze for you to learn.

Cons

We have run into some issues with the size of our email lists and high bounce rates and then we are unable to send as many emails as we need. But, after troubleshooting and contacting support, those issues were easy to fix and we were back to regular email marketing for our clients. We send emails to new email lists all the time, so it's best for our delivery rates if we send emails to new lists at the same time as lists we've sent to before.
Sometimes, the email editor feels a little clunky, and I have to make font, color or other style changes a certain way to make them exactly how I want. But in the end, I'm always able to create a solid email that delivers well and gives me easy-to-understand metrics after delivery.

Isaac
  • Industry: Think Tanks
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

A solid option for managing email lists.

Pros

Ease of use
A plethora of features
Messages arrive to inbox (not spam)
Good analytics
Overall value is good

Cons

Mailjet limits your sending rate at first
Some features could be more customizable (e.g. subscriber forms/widgets)
Can be a bit complicated to add sender addresses and verify URLs

Brevo, Drip and GetResponse

Reasons for Choosing Mailjet

Mailjet has better % of arriving in inbox (not spam) Better package of features More customization and control Overall better service

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

Price and pragmatism of features
Ronnie
Ronnie
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Mailjet was challenging

Overall I left Mailjet. The cost involved was too high. Customer service was not great. The interface was nice but didn't out weight the cons.

Pros

Mailjet was a great resource for creating engaging emails. The creative tools for making emails were very easy to use. Creating powerful engaging emails was very quick and the end result was exactly what I was looking for on the creation side of the platform.

Cons

So unfortunately I was unable to continue using Mailjet. The cost involved is pretty competitive but still very expensive. I came into some problems with a few of my emails and the customer service was underwhelming. They made things very challenging. I missed a few planned emails with specific deadlines due to not being made aware of the problems going on. Unacceptable. So I switched.

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

Mailjet was cheaper than Mailchimp and that was the primary reason I chose Mailjet.

Response from Sinch

Hi Ronnie - thanks for your feedback, and we are sorry to hear you had an underwhelming experience. In an effort to provide excellent service, could you share your Support Ticket number by email at [email protected]. We'd be happy to take a look at your account and if you're interested in potentially continuing with our service, see how we can improve your experience. Best, the Mailjet team.

Replied 27/09/2019
Dario

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Better value for money on the market

Pros

Mailjet has all funcionalities needed for sending transactional emails.
Great backoffice application and EU based

Cons

Transactional confirmation API structure need some manual tricks to work with many domains and subaccount in an efficent way

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

Better pricing model, well suited for our needs.
Gabriele
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

A great service for a small price

Great DX for the integration, familiar UI, great analytics, honest pricing, possibility to send SMS. The product I was looking for, recommended.

Pros

- Easily create email templates with web-based editor
- Great analytics for your emails
- Easy API integration

Cons

- Cannot buy a dedicated IP unless you send 150k emails/month, I'd like to build my reputation from now

Reasons for Choosing Mailjet

Mailgun template editor is too new and not so stable as Mailjet one.

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

SendGrid is too expensive and not so developer friendly
Waqas

Reviewed on 16/01/2021

One of the best news letter service

Overall they are offering good services in the budget if you want to build and send a newsletter weekly.

Pros

Easy to use newsletter builder included, Can test the service a free plan including 6000 mails per month. Can be used as a mail delivery service such as an SMTP.

Cons

Required monthly subscription if you are sending more than 6000 emails per month. Somehow costly as compared to other services.

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

Newsletter delivery Reliability, Easy to use builder, and free testing before purchasing the subscriptions.
Rabemananjara
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 05/03/2024

Sen emails with Mailjet

Pros

The software is easy to use, it's easy to manage contacts and set a mail with different contents.

Cons

The lack of tools of creation to set up the email as we want.

Ben

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Transactional Email That Covers 90% Of Use Cases

MailJet has been a drop in replacement for Madrill. It has been more than adequate for all of my transactional emailing needs.

Pros

After using MailJet as a replacement for Mandrill for the last 2 years, I can fully recommend it. I use it for transactional email and I can send 6000 per month on the free tier. More than enough for my use case. I like the templates and templating language. Setting up sender domains and authenticating them is a doddle. Using the API is also painless with the excellent API documentation.

Cons

The only thing I dislike is that there are almost too many options. This isn't a bad thing per se, but I have probably only used about 25% of the available tools/reporting etc. I also have no need for the campaign tools and would prefer it if Mailjet only concentrated on transactional emails.

SendGrid and Mailgun

Reasons for Choosing Mailjet

Mandrill stopped having a free tier

Reasons for Switching to Mailjet

It was simple to set up first time
aj

Reviewed on 22/08/2020

Best free email smtp provider

We've implemented Mailjet on our clients that needs more customization in marketing emails.

Pros

Mailjet offers more free emails than its closes competitor Mailgun. Mailgun has its own perks but if you want more emails per month go for Mailjet. 200 per day vs 1000+ a month for Mailgun. Mailjet wins when it comes to marketing emails.

Cons

Can't easily add/remove members in a mailing list. No DKIM off the bat.

Better customer support

Brevo
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

Outstanding Mailing Management Software

Pros

MailJet is extremely easy to use and makes the process of generating mailings extremely simple. The UI for generating mailings is intuitive and simple, yet powerful and able to accomodate pretty much anything you'd want to put into an email. I use it generally for doing newsletters to a large group of about 5,000 subscribers.

The overall interface for managing Contacts lists and Campaigns is well done and understandable. Adding and removing subscribers from Contact lists is fairly straightforward and mostly great.

On the rare occasions when I've needed support, they've always been extremely fast and knowledge-able, and solved the issue in short order.

Cons

Three things about Contact lists are a bit annoying:
1) There doesn't seem to be any way to automatically remove Unsubscribed Contacts: you have to download them manually, then upload them to remove them.
2) Same thing with Bounced or other Contacts that you discover from the post-Campaign analysis: there's no button to say "Remove these from my Contact List": you must download them, then remove them through the removal interface
3) Errors from uploading new Contacts is a little clunky when there are errors: again it generates a file that you have to download and look at separately. For most errors (duplicate address, typos, invalid format, etc) in the little uploads that I do as part of expanding the list, I'd just like to see the darned things immediately on the screen so that I could either ignore them (i.e. dups) or fix them (typos & invalid format). Only if the errors go beyond some threshold (say more than 10, and it could be user-settable), should it do the file-generate-and-download thing.

Danielle
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

This works really well for what I need. It is easy to use and easy to train people not so tech savvy to use as well. Aside from the cons above, I have had a great time updating content. I do with the help people we a little more helpful. When I had a problem in that the emails we saying "sent" but nothing was being received - they told me it was my problem and there was nothing they could do. - That may be the case, but there are nicer ways of saying this. I had already checked my email spam and the head spam blocker and nothing was there from mailjet. I ended up having to send out a link to the online version that I had pulled off of a previous test email. That all being said, I still continue to use the program as it is easy to manage and provides nice stats.

Pros

I like the amount of flexibility you have at the free level. I like the ease of dragging and dropping content to add or reposition. I like that it saves as a work in progress and you can go back and review old newsletters. I also like the detailed insight and stats.

Cons

That you can't move multiple sections at once. For example, I wish you could highlight a text box and an image at the same time and move them around together to relocate content. I also wish you could add dividers between vertical columns. If you have a 3 column section, I would like to divide with a line between. I wish there was a calendar feature as well to help with showcasing dates and events.

Pranab

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

Great for sending outbound transactional email

Used mailjet within our Django based web app.

Pros

Hassle-free and fair limits on the free plan, with well-priced upgrades for running specific campaigns. Great deliverability as well.

Cons

Couldn’t find a way to see what unverified email addresses were being tried on our account as sender addresses (so we couldn’t fix those wrong outbound email addresses)

Zoho Mail and Mailchimp

Pricing.
Mauro

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

Great service at reasonable prices

The problem of spam definitively solved, integration in the servers very fast, excellent

Pros

I solved the spam problem without large configurations, thanks to their fully qualified servers. It was what I needed

Cons

I would love to have the option to pay for the service annually and not only monthly, obviously prepaid

Reviewed on 19/02/2019

Your interface is confusing, your user experience is terrible

Poor experience

Pros

Data centers in France, French company, gdpr compliant. We value this.
Domain Authentication is easy.
WYSIWYG editor is not bad for emails
support guys (english) are polite and effective

Cons

UI is too slow. how did you manage to make this slow? I am using mailjet for years in various companies and the interface has always been spinning. I can't stand seeing you spinner anymore. please hire a bew PM and a new frontend dev team. this is not acceptable.

UX is too confusing. red banners, warnings all over the place for a feature I did not even ask for (10K emails per day if I recall correctly)

Navigation is terrible. why are you doing this to us ?

template management is awkward

glitches in the API your team is not willing to fix. API is very important, be developer friendly please. read the comments here to understand the suffering of users locked and forced to use your product (aka silent sufferers) https://github.com/mailjet/mailjet-apiv3-nodejs/issues/38

Reviewed on 09/05/2019

Transactional / Triggered emails are so easy to setup

Overall, it has been a positive experience. As a startup company, we initially went with a competitor and hit many roadblocks, so we wound up with MailJet and it has been smooth sailing.

Pros

So far, I have mostly only used the transactional emails. Our developer found this solution and it integrated with our platfrom through the API very smooth. My role was to create and design the email templates. It was very intuitive to use and has a vast feature set. I quickly setup 15+ custom templates within a few hours. The developer had them connected and running within a couple days.

Cons

The reporting is a bit confusing compared to other email tools I have used. When I had to go and find if someone was triggered a transactional email and it wasn't easy to find the information I needed.

Ease of use, functionality
Jaime
Jaime

Reviewed on 30/12/2015

MailJet, you get what you pay for.

All I can say, is try and fine a phone number of email address for technical support ANYWHERE. Your only contact is through the support form, which would be great if they didn't take 2 days to get back to you. 2 days is two days too long if you send out 12,000 emails and all of the links don't work as happened to us. When you use MailJet, they do some kind of redirecting, probably so they can capture analytics. At 10:44 we ran our final test and it worked. At 11:00 we launched 12,000 and every hyperlink was broke. First thing the next morning I ran a test again and the links worked on that. Been trying to get a hold of Mail Jet all morning while my customer if fielding angry emails and calls from the recipients. It's a huge embarrassment and frustration for all of us. Now ask me if the $7.50 per month price is a good deal or not?

Oh, and this is not the first time we've needed help and gotten into this bind. We will be switching once we manage this emergency.

Pros

Very cheap tool. $7.50 per month for up to 30,000 emails.

Cons

Cheap. Tech support is a minimum of a day from responding and you probably won't get much out of them. Outsourcing or cloud doesn't work if the vendors don't respond to your urgent issues on a timely basis.

How about a tech support phone number, chat, email address????? Bump the price up to $10/month and actually provide something.

Bernardo
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

For use beyond transactional email, leaves questions

Low cust

Pros

It is a service with Low cost, Easy API and best Doc. The value pays off if you are a startup. But you will have to revisit your choice when you grow up.

Cons

For simple email sending, Mailjet works as a charm,
But from the moment you started using other features like Mail Automation, you started the problems, and the support ticket openings. I have two ticket open, and one without solution yet.

If I start a new business, probably Mailjet will not be my choice. Unfortunately changing now, is not ideal, because I prefer to dedicate myself to other subjects.

The service is not bad at all. Only this Email Automation that does not seem to be ideal for production.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 01/03/2023

Mailjet review by Jen

Pros

Email marketing has become more important and actually a necessity. This product works and is easy to use. Customer service dept has knowledgeable people.The Template-based emails are eye catching and eye pleasing.

Cons

If there were a rating for mobile compatibility I would rate this product 3/5. The screen display adjusts with every click as if it can't decide on which size to choose. An improper size wouldn't bother me as much as the constant adjustment.

Jules
Jules

Reviewed on 25/04/2017

Professional tool - value for money

Pros

The website gives me the correct information to set up the connection.
Good support service when neaded.
Fast and reliable.
Usefull statistics and reports to download.

Cons

Blocked emails are not always easy to detect what the real reason is.
Sometimes mailjet blocks the email address themselves.
Sometimes the reason is the owner of the email adress, etc.
Not easy to unblock the address that is blocked by mailjet.
There is no control on that, as far as i know.

Bhagya
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 06/02/2023

No Change in Shared IP

Pros

The software is good and easy to use, one can easily understand

Cons

Wrong analytics shown while using API or smtp, suppose if you use smtp to your own test email address, if you are sending to 10 email address and if you open only one email address, it will shown around 4 to 5 instead of one. Secondly now a days it was noticed that they are not changing the shared IP, due to which the deliverability of inbox is constantly decreasing and mails are getting to Spam. The issue most probably comes when you use SMTP for sending emails

• Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 17/02/2019

Be aware: very poor customer support and sales

Good technical platform, but useless support and sales. Bad / non existent customer sucess management. They really should invest more in there support staff.

Pros

Technical features of platform. Plattform is inuitive

Cons

The support is horrible / not existent. They definitly do not understand customer needs. Here is our latest example:

In our last mailing we worked with an older list to re-engage our older subscribers. In this specific campain we had a bounce rate of nearly 19% (which is without a doubt very high). On Friday Night MailJet deactivated our account without any warnings. By today (sunday evening) it is still not reactivated or working.

This is definitly not what I expect from a professional SaaS company where I have a paid subcription.

William
William

Reviewed on 29/11/2016

frogdog.io loves mailjet!

Mailjet is our go to solution for deploying emails from webforms. We use mailjet on almost every website we do for our clients who can't or won't provide their own SMTP solution.

Pros

Free! At least for our limited use case.
Simple to setup and confirm new domains or addresses.
Can manage multiple clients' needs through a single mailjet account.

Cons

The limitations on the free-tier account are fairly low (200/day), but its free so its hard to complain.