PayPal Reviews

4.7

4.7

About PayPal

PayPal is a digital payment platform that enables businesses and individuals to pay and accept payments through an online portal without revealing any financial details. The solution is suitable for businesses of all sizes. PayP...

Browse PayPal Reviews

25,012 of 25,012 reviews
AUBREY L D
AUBREY L D

Reviewed on 08/11/2019

International payment system that stands as a gold standard

We now have a PayPal button on our website that indicates to clients that we accept PayPal payments and we now receive funds from everywhere. It is an easy to use wallet and you can make withdraws easily to your bank account or credit card.

Pros

It has provided us with the opportunity to receive funds instantly from our clients from all over the world. All this happens at the best lowest expense possible. The most important thing you can create and send invoices very easily to clients. We are also able to request payments from clients. The choice to differentiate between personal and business accounts, of which they are all free to open, makes it more client focused. PayPal exchange rates to other currencies are also good than other companies that rob from clients by manipulating currency exchange rates. Buyer protection is another best feature to prevent fraudulent sellers from scamming clients.

Cons

As much as paypal is making life simple and is helping building a global community, their introduction of fees when you are sending money to a friend across borders makes it unfair.

Roldan
Roldan

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

PayPal Never Change All These Years - Still Way Too Complicated To Use!

50-50. I mean, PayPal is very promising. If not only for there bad UX or bad user experience design. They really need to brush this thing up.

Pros

- Well, PayPal is an institution when it comes to online Payment System. So, I like it that they are there giving me options when all other options fail.- I was able to use PayPal personally and in business without much issue about security and othe disputes.- I was able to use it with my Website Projects, when clients needs a quick payment integration without much fuss on the buying side of things

Cons

- PayPal is still way too complicated to integrate with WordPress. There are times that you just need to enter email and password, and it gets integrated. Sometimes, it takes you a day or two to be able to do it.- Still not user friendly. Deskop and Mobile version needs UX Design revamp. The conversion between currencies in your account still confusing. Sometimes you fund appears as US Dollar, sometimes it appears as your native currency. - sandboxing dashboard and account pretty much looks like your active/live account. The only way you notice you are in a sandbox is when you see the domain says "sandbox.paypal.com". In contrast with Stripe, where it sends you a contrasting feedback that says "Testing Account" - you won't be able to miss it out.- Currency Conversion is NOT at par with the current market exchange rate! Sometimes, the exchange is two dollar short.

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

Eitherway, it all depends on the client's liking. I recommend Paypal as it is the most commonly used gateway. But Stripe is a bit more easier to use and integrate.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

Because it was choosen by the client - not mine.
Yolanda
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 01/02/2024

Pros

They have sided with the buyer though they themselves admitted on here that they got their service and even tried to pay me a second time. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR THIS!! I WILL NOT---WILL NOT---Pay the "outstanding balance"! You are asking me to pay $18 FEE TO THE CUSTOMER TO WHOM I HAVE ALREADY SERVED! And who has now screwed me out of that payment!! Seriously? And this is the second time this has happened to me on PayPal--This is not a safe place for me to do business! I need them to remove the "outstanding balance" because it is wholly UNJUST, or I will simply never use PayPal again. With Cashapp, and other ways to pay, PayPal is not preferred by many of my customers anyway! But this is f@cked up.

Top PayPal Alternatives

chaloem
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 03/12/2023

PayPal online

Pros

Get the desired payment, in reality it will be better.

Cons

splendor Errors in use in various activities

Martin
Martin
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 11/08/2023

Probably the de facto payment system of most small businesses

My overall experience with PayPal is extremely positive. So far I've had no problems using PayPal as one of my payment providers

Pros

The huge range of features available for business owners. Customised invoices and receipts; fast payments; fraud detection.

Cons

It can be a bit overwhelming the first time setting up PayPal for a small business. Not knowing which is the best option to go for and how to set it up initially can take longer than you might expect from the adverts.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

The fees Stripe charge, combined with the convoluted dispute process when settling a chargeback make using it unaffordable to a small business.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 24/08/2023

PayPal a secure and fast way to do all your online purchases.

Positive for the most part, since PayPal is known for its secure way of making purchase online.

Pros

Secure, fast and easy way to perform online purchases across so many online sites and vendors, for your business and personal needs

Cons

The lack of more customer support is missed, emailing support is not the best way to resolve transactional issues, where is much faster to speak to someone to resolve issues over the phone, then it is when you have to wait for an email reply from support.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

No extra devices needed to use, other then a computer to place transactions.
Yelle
Yelle
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 09/08/2023

Useful but undifferentiated

Overall I feel safe storing my info with PayPal and I trust them since they've been around for a while.

Pros

It's easy to pay and get paid with PayPal. I most like being able to store my information like my address and credit card for easy checkout from an online shop. I also like that I can pay someone's invoice by logging into PayPal.

Cons

PayPal used to be the only way to safely store your credit card and address online. These days there are so many other options like Google and Apple saving everything on your devices. I am trying to think about why I ever do use PayPal which leads me to think about whether it needs to differentiate itself in some way.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

My company used to have it as an option where a client could pay us with PayPal but we removed this option so that we could have more of a streamlined experience with Stripe integrating with our Dubsado CRM.
REYNALYN
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

My experience with PayPal

My best option when it comes to international payments because of its availability.

Pros

User-friendly features and straight to the point.

Cons

The fees when it comes to conversion to my local currency are a bit expensive. But overall, it's a good app.

KAREN YULIETH
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 09/02/2024

Easy payments

Exceptional, wonderful, very easy to use and very safe

Pros

It is a platform that makes it easy for users to receive their payments in a safe and friendly manner without having to go anywhere other than their PC or mobile phone.

Cons

Customer service should be more immediate

Nadisha
  • Industry: Online Media
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 02/01/2024

Easy Transactions

My Experience overall with PayPal has been beautiful

Pros

I love the ease of processing Payments as well as receiving payments. I love that when there is a discrepancy with account it does not take long to receive assistance from an Agent

Cons

I wish they never held my first payment for 21 days and if I receive money over threshold they hold it

Lisa
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

A well known site got even more user friendly!

I used to use PayPal when selling or buying items in eBay only. Now I use it for my freelance business to send invoices, receive money from clients immediately, and either hold it there in PayPal or move it to my bank account. With a PayPal ATM Card, PayPal is like having a separate savings account without the hassles if having to go to a bank to apply for an account. The privacy and safety measures in place are top notch, and the added features make this a perfect way to send and request money whether for business or personal reasons.

Pros

PayPal has come a long way. It’s always been the go to when selling online, but now it can be used to send and receive payments for anything! Linking directly to your bank account or holding the money for you with the add on of a PayPal ATM Card, it’s now made itself available at various retailers where you can pick up money anytime. Send a request for business services rendered or simply for a friend to pay half for dinner. Send money to purchase items or simply as a gift to someone. PayPal’s charges very reasonable amounts for immediate transactions or you can go the free way and wait a day for your money to be moved. With so many new features, PayPal is the new way to send and receive money immediately.

Cons

I can honestly say there isn’t much I don’t like about PayPal. As someone who does Freelance work for a living, I have yet to find a con with its services.

Jacie

Reviewed on 30/12/2019

A-Lada Life Left also has A-Lada Time and money thanks to PayPal!

PayPal has helped me a lot sobmanage my finances and keep record of all transactions making it easy to duke taxes when the time comes, it is an incredibly simple financial tool that I have utilized numerous times as both a buyer and a seller.

Pros

The software is very simple and to the point t with tutorials to guide you every step of the way until you are ready to stop seeing them pop up once logging in, customer service is very friendly and most if not all issues I’ve had are resolved within 1 phone call.

Cons

The thing I am not too fond of is the customer service chat feature, most online chat services have an agent there ready for you it soon will, on PayPal you send a message and revived an automated message telling you that an agent should respond within the hour, I have very rarely had an actual active chat with a representative which in turn is very time consuming and draws the process out a very long while I usually will randomly log in at some point during my day and find responses to questions I had hours ago that I’ve already resolved on my own by that time, but as a mother of 4 ages in range from 1 to 11 and a one woman business operation based out of my home sometimes I just do not have a quiet enough environment for a business related phone conversation and a chat conversation is what is needed. My questions still get answered and they are very polite, I just wish there was an agent within 5 minutes or so ready to have a conversation rather than us basically doing the text equivalent of phone tag and leaving each other voicemails.

Jayson
Jayson
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

the in and outs of paypal

The overall money saved and speed if PayPal's services are a more then welcome addition to any buisness . With so many solutions for sending and receiving money for goods and services PayPal is an overall very cleverly designed software and would recommend it to anybody.

Pros

the ability to make customizable invoices for pretty much anything is an amazing feature. yiu are ability set payment dates and reminders for your customers, comes in handy when yiu have many streams if revenue and sources. organization us key to success. You can also accept payments
or make refunds in many different currencies and do this on your mobile,home or at the office with no process time. furthermore if you dont know they also have a money order service that allows you to send money any where in the world at very little cost. switching from the old services i was using for the restaurant to do all of this has saved $10k+ every year, cant get much better then that.

Cons

The ability to run a line if credit would be something that would improve overall value of PayPal's service. I would like to see some kind if reward system put in place for individual and buisness clients for frequent use, also the ability to use Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies would be a good addition as as the days go one more and more people use them for there everyday spending/saving and investing opportunities.

Ross

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

#1 solution for non-credit card payments

Robust payment solution for both personal and business use. Fast, secure and used widely across the US. Less popular in other countries and has issues with customer support, but overall this is still the industry standard for payments other than via credit cards.

Pros

I use PP for both personal and business purposes.
Personal:
1. Extremely easy to use: simple interface, intuitive functions.
2. Send money to friends, receive money from friends - transferring money among people via PP has become as natural as finding information on Google.
3. Apps are very high quality, stable and reliable

Business:
1. Payments collection: PP has a great reputation for use on websites that don't instill a lot of confidence. Which is basically any website that is not Amazon, Walmart and maybe a few others. My business falls into the category of "unknown", which automatically makes customers reluctant to pay with a credit card. PayPal is the way to go, about 60% of all transactions on my website are done via PP.
2. Invoice functionality is great - especially with the reminder feature.
3. Even for people who don't have PP, it offers an option to pay w/Credit Card through the PP interface.
4. Integrations with other services (besides Venmo) are great. For example, integration with Woocommerce / Wordpress.
5. The option of a credit/debit card is fantastic.

Cons

1. Customer support is terrible. Usually everything goes great, but if there's a problem - good luck trying to get it resolved. If Amazon is around 10 on the customer support scale, PP is closer to 2 or 3.
2. PP is not popular in other parts of the world besides the US, which makes it difficult to have business with other countries. For example, it would be almost impossible to pay an Easter Europe freelancer.
3. Business reporting is buggy. The reports seem to be disconnected from reality or just don't show the needed info.
4. Some features on the website are buggy or lacking, for example transactions search: you can't just search by a sub-string of a keyword. First, you need to select a category (first name, last name, email, etc), then you have to write the whole term. Unnecessarily cumbersome and so 2001.
5. Zero synergies from Venmo integration. You'd think that owning Venmo would make it easy to use the same login and other features across the two products. Wrong - those are still two separate services with no cross-integrations whatsoever.

Venmo

1. More popular 2. Better business integrations
Tiffany
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reviewed on 31/01/2021

Prefer PayPal over any other online bank/money transfer software!

Overall, I love PayPal. I have recommended this product to literally everyone I know, and will continue to do so, and definitely continue using it, for both business and personal services.

Pros

I actually use PayPal for both personal and business accounts. Basically, they are the most full service software that I can find for everything I need from a bank. To me, they are way more than a bank or just a money transfer/pre-paid account. It's incredibly easy to use, from set up, to any added outside accounts, sending and transferring money to your account, and receiving money as well. Any money movement takes place in literally seconds. The fact that there is buyer and seller protection for purchasing online is fantastic. PayPal was actually what got me to start finally shipping online, because I trust the software.

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that it seems to be slightly difficult to remove websites/vendors from the automated payments processing. Sometimes it doesn't remove them. Also, I wish they sent warnings of payments about to be taken out.

Venmo

Reasons for Choosing PayPal

I didn't like the fees for every single transaction with netspend. Plus the monthly fees, atm fees, just too many fees for crying out loud.

Reasons for Switching to PayPal

I needed a product that actually works as a stand alone bank account, as well as a money transfer app
Crystal

Reviewed on 23/02/2019

Payment Software With A Ton of Features

I use PayPal daily on our company's website, as well as three e-commerce platforms that we use (Bonanza, eBid and eBay). We offer additional payment options on our website and have discovered that PayPal appears to be the most trusted by our customers. PayPal offers a wide range of reports for tracking sales and expenditures. Because of the number of reports, I do not utilize them all. My favorite report is the monthly or quarterly financial summary because I can see what our revenue and expenses were and it is very user friendly. We print all of our shipping labels through PayPal and receive a commercial discount. I have tried other options for shipping but feel that PayPal is the most cost effective and user friendly. I also like the option of paying for my shipping costs out of my PayPal balance because it eliminates the step of transferring money to the bank and having to wait for it to get there. In addition to using PayPal for e-commerce, I do work as an independent contractor. Most of the companies I contract with use PayPal to pay their contractors. The financial summary on PayPal breaks down what money came from sales and what was sent as a distribution from a company I contracted for. PayPal integrates easily with my accounting software so that much of the bookkeeping and accounting work is hands off. I am able to pay vendors and platform fees directly from PayPal. PayPal offers more than one way to get my money. I can transfer it to the bank or a debit card.

Pros

PayPal offers integration so that I can accept payments from customers on my own website as well as on all of the platforms that I sell on. PayPal also offers a wide range of custom reports that helps me track sales and expenditures such as shipping costs and fees.

Cons

Calling PayPal's customer service often results in added frustration and a lack of results. PayPal often sides with buyers that claim there was an issue with their order, even when there is a lack of evidence to support the claim.

• Industry: Computer Games
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 17/04/2019

The Best and the only Great international Payments Platform

I do freelancing and some other part time works and almost everytime I receive my money from other countries. So, if there was no PayPal or even if it was not available in my country, then receiving PayPal would have become impossible for me. In other words , PayPal is the best and the only best International Payments medium for me and for my friends too. The easy and fully featured interface makes is real easy and fun to use . Sending and receiving funds is as easy as just like sending text messages on PayPal. The automatic transfer of funds is also really useful. PayPal guarantees security and complete encryption of information and transactions so I can use it without any worries. The only problem is the tax/fee while receiving a payment and also the correct conversion fee is a little bad. But overall, my experience with Paypal is really good and I appreciate .

Pros

While receiving International Payments, PayPal is the only lifeline for me. I reside in India and there's no any international Payments Bank which is easy to use as PayPal is. Without PayPal, I would not have received any money from my side works. So basically, PayPal is the best and the only best payments platform which is available Globally and accepted nearly everywhere online and mostly everywhere Offline too. The best part of PayPal is that sending to anyone as well as receiving money is easy as just like sending and receiving text messages. The second best thing about PayPal is its interface which is easy and fully featured. PayPal informs everytime whenever there is an update to their site, privacy policy, terms and conditions, and when we receive or send money. The paypal mobile app is also very easy to use and has a very nice and featured interface. When it comes to security, PayPal stands very greatly... PayPal insures each and every payment is secured and encrypted. Joining PayPal in India is very easy as just like joining a social media site, to receive international Payments, Indians have to link their Pan Card and if they want to use it locally they will have to link Aadhaar Card as well. The verification process is fast as expected. In India, due to RBI regulations PayPal has made Automatic Transfer of funds from PayPal which is really way useful, because of it we don't have to care about withdrawing the funds as they are done automatically.

Cons

The only things I dislike about PayPal are :-
1) when we receive money we have to pay a little fee which is sometimes not so little . So, there's a rule that when a user receives money, he/she will have to pay a fee and in my opinion, the fee is sometimes too much than expected.

2) The PayPal International currency conversion is really not so good. I reside in India so here the currency is INR , and I mostly receive money in other currencies such like USD or GBP , so the problem is that the currency conversion occurs in a very bad way. Example, last time when I received money in USD, 1USD was actually equivalent to 69INR but PayPal did the currency exchange and gave me 67 INR for each USD. So, if we receive a little International payment, then the currency conversion fees will be just a little as negligible bit when we receive a high payment the currency conversion charge will be high too which could be proved less benefited for users.

Carissa
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 09/06/2019

Very handy and safe

I've never had a problem with Paypal personally or professionally. As a non-profit CEO, I love that we can just put a button on a website or give out our accounting e-mail addy when people ask where to send donations and they can do it right away. It's an easy way to sell any products or do fundraising events and not have to manually keep track of each transaction because PayPal keeps track of it all in one spot! Once, there was a charge that I didn't authorize, and they responded immediately and took care of it. I feel really safe using it.

Pros

I feel safe using Paypal. It is so easy to transfer funds and also keep funds safe in a separate account besides banking or savings. The paypal credit is great for emergencies to not have to pay interest for 6 months, and the new paypal cash card is a great backup to access funds as needed from any ATM. I love that I have the option to transfer funds to other accounts, and have one resource I can use to pay with ANY of my accounts instead of having to type in numbers from so many different cards. The speed in which funds are transferred for free is very fast, but to also have the option to pay a small fee for a faster transfer is helpful in emergency situations especially. It is SO easy to use and funds are immediately available by simply typing in an e-mail addy or using a paypal.me link. It's a perfect one stop to combine so many accounts together, send and receive money, save money, pay securely online, and request money. I use it personally, as does my non-profit. It saves my non-profit a lot of money by not having to have a credit card machine we use through the bank! It encourages people to donate because it is instant (so they don't forget or change their minds later) and so easy by not having to write out a check or get a money order. I love being able to see my payments and what I have received from where all in one spot. The option to return funds, request funds, or pay others all in one spot is so fast and easy! I LOVE paypal!

Cons

Sometimes I have some navigational issues on the site, but I don't know why because I've used it for so long! Otherwise, I really can't think of anything about Paypal that I don't like.

Varun
Varun
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 18/01/2020

Simple and effecient

I have been a member of paypal for the last 5 years. I have had great experience with them. There are new players in the market like cash app and venmo, but for me personally, Paypal has been very convenient to use.

The only place I think they should improve is having better customer service when there is a dispute. Apart from that, I have no issues with Paypal and I highly recommend it to others to use.

Pros

Here is what I love about paypal:
- You can setup an account in a few minutes. All you need is a valid email id and a bank account.
- There is no fee for signing up not any monthly fee to maintain an account.
- It is used by a large number of merchants both online and in store, all around the world.
- You can send money to a friend/family member living in a different country via their feature called 'XOOM".
- There website and their pone app is ways to use.
- One can link a credit or debit card to their paypal account in seconds.
- They have an awesome return shipping policy. If you buy a product online by paying for it via paypal and don't like it, you ca return the product and the return shipping cost (up to $30) will be paid by paypal 12 times in a year! That is hassle free shopping.
- Once you link your credit card via paypal and shop online, your credit card details are hidden and you never have to disclose your credit card information online ever again.
- They sponsor special discounts for customers that shop with PayPal at selected retailer stores. For instance, you can sometimes buy a gift card of $25 for just $20. That is a $5 saving you get for free.

Cons

This is where paypal can improve:
- Their dispute resolution is not as great as the that of traditional credit card companies. In my years of having an account with paypal, I have had only once instance where I had to file a dispute for a damaged item that I received from China. I was asked to send back the damaged item to the seller without even getting a return shipping label.
- I have had friends whose accounts have been frozen for no reason with no prior notice. However, I have personally not had any issues with them so far.

Kayla

Reviewed on 12/02/2020

Paypal Benefits Hillmann Home Repairs Business

As stated above, overall our experience with PayPal has been a positive one. It is a quick and easy way to receive our money from whatever jobs we have completed in the week, and we are able to divide our money to spread to our employees who receive a percentage of the job they are working on as well.

Pros

My husband and I recently started our own business and felt as though we needed an easy way for our clients to be able to pay. It is easy for us to provide the business emails to customers and they are easily able to follow the link to send us the money that is required for our services. It is reliable and a bit better than a bank that provides us with ridiculous amounts of fees for transfers and overdraft charges. It also makes it easier for us to pay our employees, which as I stated we are a small family owned company, so far we have two employees including my husband who is the business owner. When we do a job that day, we are able to send our employees their percentage of the job quickly and efficiently.

Cons

The only thing that we were not happy about with paypal is the transfer fee of 1.27 every time you go to transfer money to someone elses account. It seems a bit ridiculous to us, because then in order to pay our employee the proper amount, we have to worry about sending an extra 1.27 to cover the fee that they charge.

‪Mohammed

Reviewed on 06/09/2020

paypal review - esshaimi

Pros

Paypal is distinguished in terms of sending and receiving money, as it contributes to facilitating many things first regarding the process of sending money quickly, safely and reliably because before it was difficult to send money from one place to another while you are in your place very quickly, but the Paypal site came and facilitated this task and from Among the advantages of Paypal also is the ease of browsing and using the site so that you can move between all its different sections easily and smoothly without any cramps, and also the Paypal site guarantees you a refund of your money in the event someone swindles you or steals your money and also what I like about the Paypal site is the multiplicity The languages ​​used in it, which contribute to facilitating the process of understanding and dealing with it without problems, in addition to that, the Paypal site is used in most websites, in addition to that, you can buy with your bank card using Paypal in order to ensure that you are not defrauded or your money stolen unlike the purchase By using the bank card directly, because in this case you will not be able to recover your money in the event that you are swindled or your money stolen

Cons

Among the negative aspects of the Paypal site is its relatively high commission for sending money, in addition to that, in many cases, various problems occur during the process of sending money from a Paypal account to another account or through withdrawal to a bank card without mentioning the reason for this. The problem is making it difficult to send money, and when you want to communicate with them in order to solve this problem, there are difficulties in terms of quick communication and quick response, and also among the negative things is that the funds are frozen for a certain period that varies for several reasons, whether it is from one Paypal account to another or in terms of a source of reception Money wasting a lot of time.
In addition to that, the account is sometimes frozen for a period of 180 days, or sometimes they require you to send some commercial documents or the national identity card in order to release the presence on your account

Souhil
Souhil
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

The Perfect Payment Platform for Personal and Business use.

Paypal helps me to accept Credit and Debit card payments from my customers and it also, helped me to gain trust because it's safe and secure and I never had any problem with it.
It also, helped me to grow and perform better online and I don't need to worry about my payments not being transferred to my account because with Paypal I get it instantly in my account.
With Paypal I don't get just a Payment Platform I get more than that with Paypal I can really grow and get our Business to the next level.
The company is doing a great job, and I hope we will get a lot of cool and useful features in the future and I'm sure my great experience will continue with them for years.

Pros

It's very easy to use, and I really like the clean UI and I have everything I need in just one place.
One of the best Payment Platforms and I use it for my business for years now and I really never had any problem with them.
The support is great too and if I need anything I just email their support, and they will get back to me and call me in less than 24 hours and I really like their support.
I had an amazing experience with them for +7 years, and I still use Paypal to receive daily payments from my Customers and to send money to my family/friends and pay for services and goods.
I like the Express Checkout option for the websites, and I use it for Shopify and It's fast, secure, and easy to use to get credit card payments from my clients/customers.
I also, like their mobile app it's very easy to use and I can see my store transactions in one place.
It allows me to add my credit/debit cards and my bank account to the platform and I can use my credit/debit card to purchase products online or to send money from it.
They have a lot of accounting and financial stuff and they send me monthly and yearly reports to see how my store is performing.
I can add different currencies to my account, and I can convert between them in one click.
I like the mass payout option too because It allows me to send payments to my VA's at one time and I don't need to do it manually for each person.
They have integration with almost every e-commerce platform in the world Etsy, Shopify, eBay...etc.

Cons

They can allow us to use our PayPal balance to purchase online I don't know why we don't have this feature available for Paypal users in Algeria.
Paypal fees are a little high especially if you receive an international transaction from another Paypal user.
but, after all, we get a lot of useful tools and features and the support is great too.

Dayle
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

Great Service, but terrible Customer Service

Dreadful. Not only was my business jeopardised by PayPals poor customer services, ultimately I had to close my shop as I couldn’t run a business where the funds were put on hold 6 months at a time, every six months! I didn’t have funds to reinvest, and had to use personal funds to take care of any refunds and/ or postage.

I made around 9 calls to their Ireland call centres to resolve my problem, all at my expensive, which even then nothing got resolved. The funds were just released after the maximum time they could holds the funds for - 6 months.

Pros

It’s extremely easy to setup and get started, and very widely used. Everyone seems to have a PayPal account nowadays.

I love the fact that you can send invoices, receipts, payment requests, and of course your payments all from within a single dashboard that is nicely laid out and easy to navigate.

PayPal even gives you the option now to make purchases on credit and pay later which is a very nice new feature.

Cons

The software itself I cannot really fault. I have used them for 10+ years and don’t have anything bad to say regarding the software.

My issue (and what seems to be their main downfall) is PayPal putting a hold on funds! This is a NIGHTMARE to resolve.
I had an eBay store which at the time was selling electronics rapidly. I bought bulk products and I sold everything in the space of a month. Around £6,000 profit was sitting in my PayPal account, and then all of a sudden PayPal decided to put a hold on my account. During a ‘hold’, no funds can be transferred from your PayPal account to your Bank Account, nor can the funds be used for any other purchases until you have provided proof of identification (despite them already having my ID when I registered my account), proof of sales, proof of purchase of my products & authenticity. Of course, I provided these immediately. However, regardless to PayPal stating they will look through my documents and a decision will be made, PayPal is that back dated with these holds that they quite often never get around to dealing with most of them!

The maximum PayPal can hold your funds is 6 months according to one of their agents.

Their call centres are based in Ireland, with extortionate call rates, and they keep you on hold for around 40 minutes usually.

My funds were automatically released after 6 months. So I reinvested, bought bulk again, sold up after a month, and they put my account on hold again for another 6 months!

chengetai
chengetai
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 02/11/2022

Life saver of every freelancer.

Pros

Paypal is the most user friendly online payment platform which is also easy to join.It is a must have for every freelancer.One of the best features they have is the buyer/seller protection.They have saved me twice from a being swindled by two very big online shops.In one case I only submitted proof of the unauthorized debit that had been done on my account and they immediately refunded my money.On another case they facilitated a dispute resolution meeting between me and the seller through their platform, and we were able to reach a compromise for a delivery that had been cancelled.I was happy with outcome.Paypal is committed to excellence and will fight to even the smallest of their clients.Their customer care is also very responsive, they will even call you to respond to any of your enquiries.

Cons

They don't have a digital mastercard for every country like some of their competitors which can be very frustrating .They also have a few partnerships with local banks making it difficult sometimes to withdraw your money.In some countries Paypal doesn't work completely like Zimbabwe, India etc.In South Africa you can withdraw your paypal funds using one local bank only this can be very annoying when you don't have an account with that bank.

Rabie
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 09/06/2023

dependable payment provider ; adding a credit card is still possible but not required

As a freelancer, I value PayPal's payment platform's simplicity and adaptability. I can easily accept payments from customers all over the world using PayPal, and the transaction fees are affordable when compared to those charged by other payment processors. Overall, as a consumer and a freelancer, PayPal offers a dependable and practical solution for my online payment needs.

Pros

on several websites.I also appreciate the additional layer of security PayPal provides for my transactions. The PayPal Buyer Protection policy cPros: As an online shopper, I value PayPal most for how simple and convenient it makes buying things online. I don't have to enter my payment information for each transaction because PayPal allows me to safely store it and make purchases with just a few clicks. This helps me save time and hassle, particularly when I shopan assist in resolving problems with purchases, such as receiving faulty or incomplete goods or no goods at all. I feel more at ease and confident in my purchases as a result when I shop online.As a freelancer, I also value how simple it is to

Cons

The drawback is that Paypal's customer service is sparse, which makes it challenging to quickly resolve complicated problems. Even though Paypal has its own service, not all forms of payment are accepted. Customers' available payment options are constrained as a result. There is always a chance of fraud, as there is with any online payment system. Although Paypal has some protections in place for buyers and sellers, it's still important to be on the lookout for any potential scams.