SAP Concur Reviews

About SAP Concur

Concur is a cloud-based expense and travel management software solution that enables executives to manage travel expenses. It allows finance executives to monitor expenses and cash flows related to travel expenditures. Concur’s...

4.1
4.2

Browse SAP Concur Reviews

2,052 of 2,052 reviews
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

SAP Concur

overall, I really think this product is great and a huge improvement from our previous tool.

Pros

it is easy to upload receipts and match to my expenses, either via image or pdf document.
the mobile app is a life saver for someone that has trouble with keeping receipts.

Cons

My only complaint is that you can't apply the same image to multiple expenses. This is especially frustrating when you have to split an expenses.

Maddie
Maddie

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

It's been fantastic to use, with monthly reports to measure progress

The company's customer service and accounting staff were always willing to help. For a simple operation, I didn't have to fill in a lot of data in the expense reporting UI, which I appreciated. It seemed that the processes for obtaining the permit were also working well.

Pros

Since then, we've moved away from Concur's Expense and Travel modules. Whereas we won't go into specifics, our current Travel app appears to be a lateral shift, with some upgrades and some downgrades, while our current Expense app is an entirely new experience and I wouldn't consider going back.

Cons

Many times, even the real people behind the scenes couldn't get the system to do what they wanted, so I had to work with the travel provider to connect things like my frequent flyer number so I could access my status-related benefits.

Valentina

Reviewed on 22/04/2024

SAP Concur Is a Great Accounting Solution

Pros

I like the effective features of this expense management solution.
SAP Concur has been reliable.

Cons

SAP Concur is powerful and reliable.
It has been so reliable.

Top SAP Concur Alternatives

Oracle Database

QuickBooks Enterprise

Chrome River EXPENSE

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 07/07/2016

Complex and glitchy but better than other options

My experience is generally positive - system is up most of the time, things work like they are designed to, etc.

But we have frustrations which seem to be common to most tech companies these days - assumptions are made about how things work in other people's businesses and then tech is designed to meet those assumptions, which may or may not be correct. Then when I try to deal with sales and technical support to meet my needs, I'm told that the system can't do what I want because its not designed that way.

I've managed technology transitions of hardware and software infrastructure for public agencies, professional associations, law firms, and labor unions and in my experience, a technology design team is usually very focused on meeting one or two primary needs such as expense reporting and policy enforcement and will design a system to do that. But very rarely does the team have on the ground experience in how that system will be integrated into the day to day lives of their customers. A sales team might deal with that when sales time comes, but it doesn't seem to be taken into account at the design level and in some cases it may be too late at that point. This has been my primary experience with Concur.

More specifically, data disappears some times - which support claims must be user error because it can't be duplicated on their end. Its possible, but since I've gotten multiple reports of data loss from both tech and non-tech friendly people, I'm not sure that's the whole answer.

In addition, although tech savvy users have no problems with the navigation and features, less tech savvy users struggle significantly. Also, because we have a complex accounting system that cannot be accommodated by Concur reporting, we still have to manually extract the data and enter in spreadsheets to get it into the format we need for accounting system import. I've discussed this issue with a Concur programmer and my account rep and they agree that what I need cannot currently be gotten from the system.

Finally, when things go wrong in the feed between Amex and Concur it just becomes a blame game - its not our fault but theirs - doesn't really get me to a solution.

So, it may be that I have too much work and just wish Concur were able to do more, but I find it limited in its usefulness except for that small group of users for whom it works perfectly.

Pros

All the information is in one place, easy to access from any location, generally customizable. Working on integrating travel which should provide greater value. Generally logically designed and easy to use as an administrator.

Cons

Structure of expense types and cost tracking is too rigid; ability to customize outputs is limited to standard accounting systems. But as a non-profit and a union, I don't have a standard accounting system. I need to be able to report in formats required by the federal government (LM2), the State of California (FPPC/Lobbying Reporting), and my board of directors. But the Concur system doesn't have sufficient flexibility of variables to allow for the generation of the complex account code system we use because of these conflicting reporting needs.

So if anyone ever comes out with an expense reporting software that takes those unique needs into account, I will jump in a second. But no one else has anything better so far.

In addition, the fact that any custom fields I create do NOT integrate with the Concur mobile software means that my users have to enter their data in on the mobile and then go to the desktop and add additional data. Before we used custom fields, they were able to use the mobile system exclusively, but we weren't getting all the information I need. So now we have a hybrid system that requires working on the report twice, once when the receipt is uploaded from their mobile device and then again when they want to add the cost centers and submit the report. Doesn't make my users very happy and costs more in time and effort than no customization.

Receipt management at the accounting review level is also very limited and frustrating. Assumes too much

Luke

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

Industry leading expense management

Pros

The customisation ability plus it integrates with numerous other systems to simply financial reporting

Cons

There is a learning curve and a lot of options so this needs to be set up properly so businesses can see the benefits of such software

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 06/06/2024

Very Satisfied

Excellent and exceptional. Very satisfied

Pros

Its easy to use and the features are great

Cons

Nothing, just the bugs and issues only sometimes

Olivia
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

software just as archaic as the GDS

Pros

ability to track spending and compliance

Cons

clunky, difficult to understand, complicated UI without any visual or information hierarchy, inconsistent UX

• Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

A superb tool for managing expenses and overall costs in a turbulent period of rising costs

Pros

Ease of use, good layout, features clearly identified on the system.
Really helped keep cost management under control in a time of rising prices and rising expenses as a result. Made accessing the necessary information really easy

Cons

Nothing but positives to say about the tool at present

Matt
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 28/05/2024

SAP Concur Review

Pros

Concur makes it easy to submit expense reports and to receive reimbursements.

Cons

I do not have any negatives on this product.

Mohammed
  • Industry: Investment Management
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 06/06/2024

Gets the job done

Pros

It has a lot of features and allows for intricate details to be input when reporting expenses.

Cons

The UI and UX are convoluted and it took me a bit to get used to them and understand how to properly use the software.

Kelsi
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 08/03/2022

Better quality products out there

I implemented Concur in 2017 for our new organization. At the time, it was the best of the best and would integrate with our Regions card system to move us from Expense reports in Excel to a system. However, it all went downhill after that. As we grew and tried to work with Concur, we seemly got more negative feedback from the system and the employees. Every request we had, they would charge us for it. It felt like working with incompetent lawyers, rather than a partner in our expense journey. We switched to a new company in July and couldn't be happier!

Pros

The thing i like most about the software is the name. Everyone knows who Concur is and it makes it easier when bringing new people in to the organization.

Cons

Super dated software. Very clunky and always going down. Not customizable unless you paid extra for it. Every time I asked for data analytics I was told that had to be a custom report and was not included in our reporting package. They were constantly trying to upsell us

Expensify

Reasons for Switching to SAP Concur

At the time it was because it offered travel and expense management, as well as it would link with our P-Card.
Josh

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

SAP Concur makes it easy for employees to upload their receipts

Prior to implementing SAP Concur, employees in the field were manually turning in their receipts to the office where they were getting manually uploaded into Quickbooks. Now we are able to improve this process and make it more efficient.

Pros

I like that it was fairly simple to teach to our employees and that there is an integration that allows us to import those expenses directly into our accounting system.

Cons

I wish that you could input all of the information needed on just one screen before moving the expense to an expense report. I also wish that each user would have the ability to set a default card instead of it being cash.

BILL Spend & Expense (Formerly Divvy) and Expensify

Reasons for Switching to SAP Concur

It seemed easier to use than Expensify, and it allowed us to keep our current company credit cards.
Tawanda
Tawanda
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Easy Workflows for Enterprise Expense Processing Efficiency

Concur Expense is the ultimate Expense Management solution as I can confirm having migrated from a different solution from a different vendor. Concur has brought my organisation impressive Return on Investment and efficiency which affords us the agility and time to improve critical sectors of our enterprise. The support is top notch as the team is readily available and we also have local point persons trained from within the organisation. The deployment and integration was smooth since it is cloud based and doesn't require complex installation procedures and dependencies.

Pros

I like the fact that it integrates well with other systems that we already use like the SunSystems API to allows us to integrate our SunSystems which the Finance department uses. I like its easy and clear workflows which are intuitive even for a novice and non technical stakeholder. I also like the customisation option because in my organisation we got an offering that uses our internal financial lingo and policies making it easy to transition to the system. I also like the report header function which allows you to enter repetitive fields that would be common for every expense so that it automatically populates them for you when you create a new expense. I also love the modern UX and UI which is consistent to most web apps that people are already used to. I like the fact that it is cloud based and only needs a browser to access the full application without having to install a client or agent or dependencies on your machine which improves mobility as you can do your business wherever you can get a browser and internet access. Mobility is huge in my organisation and this is a feature which save us lots of time and money. i like the feature which allows you to dedlegate roles to a colleague allowing someone to manage your requests and/or expenses on your behalf where you might be busy or on leave. I like the audit trail feature which allows efficient tracking of your requests and expense reports. This feature updates you on the status of your request at all times.

Cons

The fact that you have to upload receipt images one by one and you have no option to multi select. However this is minor compared to the value I get from all the other features that it provides me. a few extra clicks wouldn't hurt.

• Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

Doing expenses can be easy - just takes a bit of a learning curve

All in all, Concur does what it is supposed to do. There are a few things you learn over time that make things easier or help you along the way. It's not the most intuitive UI, but I see SAP's progress. So, I'm hopeful this will continue to improve. I've been using that tool now for many years (with 1-4 reports per month - creating and approving), and I have a pretty good system to do the expenses properly and efficiently. There are also more possibilities to help me do my reports. E.g., I would love to have templates for regular expenses. Let's say I expensed a particular bill every month - it would be great if I could mark that as a template and copy a version of that into my following reports - adjusting only the things that changed (e.g., the receipt image or the entry date. That would certainly save me time.

Pros

SAP Concur is pretty standard in the industry for that purpose. It has a few features and functions that can justify that market share. I enjoy the widespread connections between apps I regularly use for business travel (e.g., Lyft, Uber, our travel agency app) and Concur. As soon as my ride is done, there is a new expense available that I can add to my report. Most fields for each item are filled out correctly, so I only need to add the missing items. I also don't need to scan the receipt or attach it somehow. Speaking of connecting - that's the second significant advantage. While doing my expense reports on my desktop computer, I can quickly log onto my mobile app and take a picture of a receipt I don't have digitally - e.g., the bill from my restaurant visit. Both work simultaneously - so I don't get logged out if I use the other channel.

Cons

SAP Concur has improved its UI over the last few years, and it looks a lot more modern than it was before. Still, a few things are a bit old-school—for example, the view of an expense. I also approve reports for my team members, so I must open each expense and check the fields. At this point, this is still the old grayish windows-95-style form with the chained properties. What's possible can be seen when you enter an expense. Here, you see the properties in a somewhat modern design.

Christina

Reviewed on 28/09/2022

Beware

Absolutely terrible. They couldn't handle our AP needs, and couldn't even handle their own! We received an invoice for their services 14 months after the service period, several months after we had terminated our services with them. We gave Concur a year and had nothing but struggles with their service.

Pros

The software has the capabilities needed and desired for good AP processing/workflow.

Cons

The SAP Concur staff doing the invoice processing obviously have no idea what they're doing. They are poorly trained. When I called for service or clarification on an issue, nobody was ever able to answer my questions. The only person I spoke with who seemed to understand me was the sales rep. The staff processing our bills clearly didn't know the difference between an invoice and a statement. They don't follow directions. And on countless occasions the software held back checks that were supposed to be mailed out and resulted in deteriorated vendor relationships. When we believed our bills were paid, because we'd processed them and submitted them as approved for payment and received confirmations that checks were cut, we found out from our vendors that they never received payment. I spent more time chasing down what Concur did WRONG than they spent actually processing our bills.

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

It Will Get The Job Done, But Might Frustrate You Constantly Until It Does

Our entire firm just moved over to Concur Expense, and it has not been without it's issues. I think it will be a worthwhile transition in the long run, however, I need to watch a lot more of the help videos until I get there.

Pros

It is very thorough, and really very detailed. I don't have problems with the reports once I make them, and I feel like the expense process is very thorough. From a company's standpoint, the software makes sense and provides them with a lot of information. It also has a TON of user input checks which are incredibly tedious, but also ensure that everything is inputted properly The app is also really helpful, especially when taking pictures of receipts and uploading them to reports. If I wanted to ensure accuracy and completeness and was choosing a software, I'd definitely go with this one.

Cons

Sigh... all good things have their drawbacks it seems. I'd be lying if I said Concur Expense was user friendly. There are so many error messages possible, and it is not intuitive when trying to solve them all. The error messages are small, and contain limited information as to why they've occurred. Per diem is NOT self explanatory, and my firm had to put out an entire educational PowerPoint on how to input per diem expenses. And then additional help info on basically every other function. Sometimes the system will auto-populate when I don't want it to, and other times it will attempt to categorize expenses into categories that don't make sense. It's not the most intuitive software... and when I finally successful submit an expense report, I'm relieved more than anything.

• Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 03/12/2023

Very strong expense management / invoice / requisition tool

We use for our invoice capture/processing process, expense management and purchase requisition process. This has expanded over time due to the usability of the tool and high level of adoption from end users.

Pros

The tool is multi-faceted meaning that once you have end users using, expanding it's reach/impact is very easy. We started with invoice, then added expense and than adopted purchase requisition most recently.
The mobile app is very helpful in managing the process for invoice approvals and receipt capture particularly, as can be done on the go.

Cons

Some of the quirks hard baked into the system route from it's beginnings as Global Expense, and therefore can be forgiven. I do see some of these ironed out over time.
The SAP purchase (a number of years back now) has seen account management strengthened, however if you are not an enterprise wide SAP ERP customer - you are likely to struggle to receive a high level of account management.

Braden
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 10/04/2020

Average Expense System

Overall, I rate my experience as average. Although it was far more expeditious than the previous expense software that I have used, I still view it as an average expensing program. Please keep in mind, I was only a user not and administrator or implementer so I have no context as to the sophistication on the backend. From a user's standpoint I think it provides the essential services/functions that you need from an expense software.

Pros

Concur offers an application that is pretty straight forward and easy to use. I think the most convenient feature is the receipt databasing piece. I can take a photo of my receipt code and file it right away. The previous software that I used required a user to wait for the final charge to appear on your corporate expense account (credit card) and then it would allow you to code and submit the expense. As a result, you would need to hang on to a receipt (s), sometimes for a few days and then code and submit it. However with Concur's photo receipt function you can take a picture and toss that receipt right away.

Cons

I struggled with the travel booking functionality. Although the concept, to have travel and expenses in one place, is excellent I believe it came with a cost. We had the functional ability to book travel via the app but still used outside sources because we seemed to get better rates and I believe the app did not always show all available options. To be fair, some of that might have been mitigated by our own internal processes in which we inhibited our ability to optimize this feature, more so than the functionality itself not existing.

Kristin

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

Streamlines coorporate Travel Bookings, Approvals and Expense Reports in one application that...

Pros

Great implementation experience. Nice workflow that you can customize and set up for your company needs. Nice interface and UI for users. It is great that there is an app to use when on the go. Love the fact there are integration capabilities that you can build out and customize to extract data to then ingest into other software.

Cons

User support is very hard to deal with in the fact that you have to submit 'cases' via the website and do not always get the correct person that understands your wants and needs....I find this extremely unbearable support after coming out of implementation where you had a dedicated rep that could communicate effectively with you and understands your custom set up of the system. The client service rep after implementation does little to no help with requests. The administration of the system is cumbersome and very complex. The admin has a lot to learn and a lot of different areas of the system to manage. The mobile application doesn't allow for all necessary functionality for users for approvals. System outages have gotten better but occur way too frequently.

Roger
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 07/04/2020

Easy way to track and report expenses

Overall, the best expense tracker that I have used. I would say that the features are always updated to help manage daily work for someone who remotely handles projects and needs the latest and most efficient way to work. This takes away a lot of the old processes for handling expenses.

Pros

As a weekly traveler, my expenses add up quickly. This software allows easy import of receipts, tracking of projects, and submission of expense reports. You can use your camera to take a shot of a receipt so that you don't lose it (which is a great thing for me) Managing multiple expense reports, assigning the reports to specific projects, handling foreign tax exchanges, even the submission of the reports and tracking their progress, all made easy with Concur. I like having the mobile app that syncs with my laptop app as well.

Cons

Sometimes it is not so easy to match up specific receipts to the correct expense when you have multiple ones for the same vendor. Not sure how to remedy.

Kara
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Mobile friendly and seamless expense tool

Overall, Concur has been a huge time saver. We used to have to use excel sheets to submit expense reports. Now, it can happen in real time, and it's much easier to process the reports and submit payment quickly.

Pros

The best thing about Concur is that the app user experience is fantastic and reliable. It's easy to take pictures of receipts, or even link your purchases to your Concur account to log automatically. When I use Lyft for work, for example, I use my "business account" to book the trip, and the receipt and trip log automatically in Concur. Another great thing about Concur is it's integration with TripIt and the ability to book work travel within Concur.

Cons

The travel booking is a bit clunky, and doesn't allow for integration of certain rewards programs, like Hotels.com. It also doesn't always catch all options for your search criteria. For example, when searching for a hotel in New York City on specific dates, the cheapest hotel I could find using Concur's Travel was $500 per night, but when I went on Hotels.com, I found one for $300 per night.

Emily

Reviewed on 08/08/2023

Travel and Spend Management Program

SAP Concur save time which improve productivity and in turn ROI by reducing manual accounting tasks.

Pros

SAP Concur has all the capabilities that help automate over 90% of my daily accounting processes such as AR and General Ledger.

Cons

Compared to alternative accounting programs, SAP Concur is a bit expensive.

Catarina

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

My Review of SAP Concur

I am the administrator of Concur in the company where I work, together with my team. We use SAP Concur at our company to manage travel & travel expenses. It was the best thing that ever happen to us regarding expenses & travel - very good management and very custom content in order to adapt each reality to the tool.

Pros

It is very intuitive, very flexible (since we are connected to other systems and it works quite well). It is a tool that offers an endless number of features that any company would like to have in order to optimize its employee expense & travel management.

Cons

The only cons against SAP Concur I find is that, being a person who implements Concur projects in several countries, SAP Concur only works with country specifications when these are legal requirements.
That is, if it is not a legal requirement but it is a constant practice of the company, Concur does not provide it.
I think this is a cons against the tool, since it leaves users unhappy and in need of more (most of the time what happens is that users gain some features, but lose others - country specifications - that were already automated in tools previously used). However, I love the tool and I think it is a great asset.

chris

Reviewed on 18/10/2018

Easily the best program out there

Benefits of paperless expense reports is not only environmentally friendly, but the way to keep up in a busy never-sleep world of business.

Pros

Great program. You are able to upload receipts and even use your mobile for pictures and logging trips/expenses and even meals while travelling. The best feature of this is the mileage calculator. If you are like me, you travel for work. All you simply do is enter your starting point, and end point, and it does the rest! You can select one way trips or round trips, and the mileage gets calculated automatically. Reporting out of the software is great as well, and breaks everything down perfectly for those days in audit. Must have for any professional whom wishes to avoid paper expense reports!

Cons

I couldn't find anything I did not like with this software. I have used many before but hands-down this is the crème de la crème. I wish more companies used this program, it's easy, accurate and gets the job done in little time.

• Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 26/03/2022

" Concir"Best Travel Management by SAP

Over Experience with SAP Concur for the Travel Expense booking and travel request is very good and all the user is happy with the performance.

Pros

Direct Expense booking is the good option which i like most in the Concur and the details report you can sent to the Approval by just a Single click ny send mail option.

Cons

The commercial is the painful area in the Concur, really very high in the commercial.