SAP Concur Reviews

About SAP Concur

Concur is a cloud-based expense and travel management software solution that enables executives to manage travel expenses. It allows finance executives to monitor expenses and cash flows related to travel expenditures. Concur’s...

4.1
4.2

Browse SAP Concur Reviews

2,009 of 2,009 reviews
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

SAP Concur

overall, I really think this product is great and a huge improvement from our previous tool.

Pros

it is easy to upload receipts and match to my expenses, either via image or pdf document.
the mobile app is a life saver for someone that has trouble with keeping receipts.

Cons

My only complaint is that you can't apply the same image to multiple expenses. This is especially frustrating when you have to split an expenses.

Maddie
Maddie

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

It's been fantastic to use, with monthly reports to measure progress

The company's customer service and accounting staff were always willing to help. For a simple operation, I didn't have to fill in a lot of data in the expense reporting UI, which I appreciated. It seemed that the processes for obtaining the permit were also working well.

Pros

Since then, we've moved away from Concur's Expense and Travel modules. Whereas we won't go into specifics, our current Travel app appears to be a lateral shift, with some upgrades and some downgrades, while our current Expense app is an entirely new experience and I wouldn't consider going back.

Cons

Many times, even the real people behind the scenes couldn't get the system to do what they wanted, so I had to work with the travel provider to connect things like my frequent flyer number so I could access my status-related benefits.

• Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Expense Reporting at its best...

Easy and convenient makes this task quick and painless allowing time to move on to other to-do's rather than wasting time.

Pros

The ease and convenience of SAP Concur makes expense report tracking, submission, and reimbursement painless.

Cons

Honestly, I've used quite a few systems over the years and SAP Concur is right up there with the best of them.

Top SAP Concur Alternatives

Oracle Database

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Chrome River EXPENSE

Rose

Reviewed on 19/05/2018

Not what was described but useful in some aspects for invoice processing

It keeps all of our invoices in one place.

Pros

Concur keeps all of our invoices in one place and allows all of our teams to review them without the hassle of invoices getting lost in the abyss of never-ending emails. Allows for comments from each user which can be viewed by all who receive the inv. Inv PDF can be downloaded and replaced, Inv extract captures each invoice line in excel which is useful. Duplicate inv. feature works great when OCR gets inv number right. Ability to edit invoices is great and we can see who changed what and the date using the audit trail but we can't export or capture this info.

Cons

It takes a min of 2 days to get an inv into the system but often takes longer and has taken up to 8, system often duplicates invoices or does not ever show up even though we get confirmation so we can't have them sent directly to concur, OCR sftw is not good, requires manual review. PO's don't work if you have to revise them. PO import also doesn't fully work and retains old info after updated. Thus PO/inv matching is useless. Does not offer inv. tracking so we still manually track them. No way to determine inv time w/ each employee or turnover time in a rept or export due to "system limitations." No useful/functional reporting. Auto routing does not work on project basis so we must manually route. No way to capture approvals w/ inv so we must screenshot every one and attach to PDF download. Can't use approval flows for projects and have to approve through comments and manually route. Employees can't see invoices after passing them to next person so finance still has to manually send copies upon request. System offers restrictions but all employees can access and change these settings eventhough they are not set as an admin and are supposed to have restrictions, which means they could bypass final review by accounting. Employees often chance currency type for other countries not knowing we pay in USD only, we can't lock this so the export fails if we don't catch it and finally; it took almost 4 months to get up and running w/ concur so we didn't even get to use free trial.

• Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 03/12/2023

Very strong expense management / invoice / requisition tool

We use for our invoice capture/processing process, expense management and purchase requisition process. This has expanded over time due to the usability of the tool and high level of adoption from end users.

Pros

The tool is multi-faceted meaning that once you have end users using, expanding it's reach/impact is very easy. We started with invoice, then added expense and than adopted purchase requisition most recently.
The mobile app is very helpful in managing the process for invoice approvals and receipt capture particularly, as can be done on the go.

Cons

Some of the quirks hard baked into the system route from it's beginnings as Global Expense, and therefore can be forgiven. I do see some of these ironed out over time.
The SAP purchase (a number of years back now) has seen account management strengthened, however if you are not an enterprise wide SAP ERP customer - you are likely to struggle to receive a high level of account management.

Grace
Grace

Reviewed on 19/09/2023

A simple tool to track expenses and travel management

Concur streamlines the process of reserving flights, hotels, and rental vehicles, as well as keeping track of my trip spending. It's challenging to multitask while constantly moving, but Concur makes it easy and safe.

Pros

It's also highly safe to use on any gadget, thanks to the necessity of a passcode. The expense is generated instantly thanks to the receipt upload function in Expenseit. This makes dealing with the massive monthly spending reports a breeze.

Cons

Especially when it comes to making travel arrangements, Concur could use a more user-friendly design. Once a day and time have been selected, it would be great if the flights could be filtered more precisely.

Olivia
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

software just as archaic as the GDS

Pros

ability to track spending and compliance

Cons

clunky, difficult to understand, complicated UI without any visual or information hierarchy, inconsistent UX

Younas
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 08/02/2024

SAP Concur - Best all around expense software

Pros

It makes expense tracking so much easier to deal with, has lots of options and makes it easy to assign costs to different projects.

Cons

Could have the option to copy over details from expense to expense as there are times when you are expensing the same thing for different days and it is just time-consuming inputting everything back in again.

Tim
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 07/02/2024

Good tool for expense reporting

Overall SAP Concur is a good tool for expense reporting

Pros

The dashboard and menu for expense reporting is straightforward and easy to use

Cons

The mileage feature on expense reporting was not the slickest feature

Valente
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 10/02/2024

Concur is a Great Tool for Business Expeses

Pros

Concur will help an organization on getting their expenses processed with ease.

Cons

No negative report on Concur. It is a great tool.

Mohamed Salah
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 17/01/2023

A Comprehensive Review of SAP Concur

Overall, I have been very pleased with SAP Concur. It is a great tool for managing our employee expenses, and I would recommend it to any business looking for an easy-to-use solution.

Pros

SAP Concur has been a great tool for our small business, allowing us to easily manage employee expenses, invoices, and travel. It's easy to use, and the customer service is top-notch.

Cons

The user-interface can be a bit clunky at times, and sometimes it takes a while to find the right feature.

Carey James
Carey James
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 10/11/2021

refused to cancel after failing to deliver working product

The concur setup person wasted weeks of corporate assets and CPA time attempting to set up. Getting a working setup failed.
We begged for help and a better setup representative, no response.
After giving up and needing to move on because we had wasted corporate resources to get the portal working with the app., we found that having the corporate CPA match transactions directly from corporate bank accounts was faster than the failed concur system.
We notified Concur many times via phone calls and emails that we wished to cancel because we never got a working product.
They continued to send collection notices no matter how many times we notified them that we never received a working product.
Now they are suing the corporation for the year they decided to keep billing us after we canceled. We, of course, are planning on vigorously countersuing.
Thankfully the corporate policy retains all phone call recordings and emails in our retention vault.
So the jury will get to sit through hours of corporate employees begging for help and sending notices to cancel after failure to launch.

Pros

we liked NOTHING. they actually only added extra work for our corporate CPA, they were supposed to make it easier. ha! #FAIL

Cons

they treated us like we simply did not matter. horrible support.

Expensify

Reasons for Switching to SAP Concur

we believed that they would be able to get us set up and working. we were wrong.
Tawanda
Tawanda
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Easy Workflows for Enterprise Expense Processing Efficiency

Concur Expense is the ultimate Expense Management solution as I can confirm having migrated from a different solution from a different vendor. Concur has brought my organisation impressive Return on Investment and efficiency which affords us the agility and time to improve critical sectors of our enterprise. The support is top notch as the team is readily available and we also have local point persons trained from within the organisation. The deployment and integration was smooth since it is cloud based and doesn't require complex installation procedures and dependencies.

Pros

I like the fact that it integrates well with other systems that we already use like the SunSystems API to allows us to integrate our SunSystems which the Finance department uses. I like its easy and clear workflows which are intuitive even for a novice and non technical stakeholder. I also like the customisation option because in my organisation we got an offering that uses our internal financial lingo and policies making it easy to transition to the system. I also like the report header function which allows you to enter repetitive fields that would be common for every expense so that it automatically populates them for you when you create a new expense. I also love the modern UX and UI which is consistent to most web apps that people are already used to. I like the fact that it is cloud based and only needs a browser to access the full application without having to install a client or agent or dependencies on your machine which improves mobility as you can do your business wherever you can get a browser and internet access. Mobility is huge in my organisation and this is a feature which save us lots of time and money. i like the feature which allows you to dedlegate roles to a colleague allowing someone to manage your requests and/or expenses on your behalf where you might be busy or on leave. I like the audit trail feature which allows efficient tracking of your requests and expense reports. This feature updates you on the status of your request at all times.

Cons

The fact that you have to upload receipt images one by one and you have no option to multi select. However this is minor compared to the value I get from all the other features that it provides me. a few extra clicks wouldn't hurt.

Lauren
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Not a huge fan - not user friendly

I only use it because I have to for work, otherwise I would not use this program.

Pros

I like that concur is a program that can track your personal and work expenses. You can link up a credit card, and once you charge an item it goes directly to Concur and whos up on a list for you to add to a current or future expense.

I also like how Concur has a phone App to let you upload receipts on the go so you don't have to carry them around everywhere with you.

Cons

This program is not very user-friendly. It seems like it is an older progam that has been around for a while, so it works, but not as fast and easy as a more up to date program. This is the only expense program I have ever worked with, so I cannot say if it is better or worse than others. I have to use it for work, but I really wish my company would source a newer easier to use program.

I have to relink my credit card, and could not figure out how to do it online. It is linking, but it is linking my other 2 personal accounts that are at the same company, which I do not need linked. I cannot figure out how to fix this! This was actually kind of frustrating, because I searched the concur site on how to fix my problem and could not find an answer. I then searched for a phone number of who I could call that could help me, and I couldnt even find a phone number to call! I gave up on fixing this - as my card does link, I just delete the other items that I don't need linked - but it shouldn't be that hard! So for that, I gave customer support not a great rating here.

Sometimes an amount will upload wrong, and I cannot edit the amount. I usually just detach the receipt, delete it and add a new item with the correct amount and attach the receipt, but then the card charge is not linked, and my company needs them to show they are linked.

I wish the matching process was a better, as well as the nightly hotel charges too.

• Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Concur - with good implementation by corporate it is nearly perfect

Concur makes keeping track of expenses and submitting expense reports routine and even somewhat fun. It also provides a handy record of where you have been before. It's great.

Pros

Concur makes it very easy to do expense reports for a sporadic traveler:

-expenses for the corporate card are transferred automatically (so one does not forget to claim them)
-the latest implementation I use even transfers the details of hotels stays (nightly rate, tax 1,2,3 etc.), making it almost zero work to finish these. Long hotel stays with occasional meals used to be the most time-consuming entries. I don't know if this is a new version or specific to my latest employer, but it is much appreciated!
- receipts can be uploaded through a mobile Concur app, but also just as a jpg or pdf. (sometimes one has time to take the photo with one's phone, but is not in a good place to enter the details in the app - think - just purchased a coffee, now in boaRding line with a suitcase, phone and coffee).

I have not used similar software products from other vendors, except one: Concur is incredibly more efficient for both those writing expense reports and those monitoring expense compliance than the alternative of copying scanning cutting and pasting and spreadsheets - any corporation wanting to increase the productivity of its workforce (and their loyalty) should bite the financial bullet and implement Concur.

Cons

Although the following situations are rare, occasionally an unusual situation maKes things difficult. Usually, asking for help early from Concur and the internal corporate travel contact is the best course. here are a few:
1. A flight charge and a cognate refund adding up to zero can't be submitted as report. Let this get over 30 days old so it can't be combined with newer charges, and you have to have higher authorities fix it.
2. More common is when a hotel charges for the first night reservation, but the charges on the receipt do not match the folio provided, usually because the taxes are not included. Confuses the hell out of Concur, and hard to resolve on one's own.

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Very helpful software with many useful features

My Overall experience is very positive with this software and I am very thankful to have access to it. This software is a major time saver when submitting, reviewing and processing expense claims.

Pros

The software allows me to sort submitted expense claims by date, currency and location. Within the expense claim the software is very user friendly, allowing the user to select from a wide ranges of expense types, departments, countries and entities. Features such as the automatic foreign currency calculation, mileage calculator and integration with corporate credit cards are very useful for the user and saves alot of time. The software is also very customizable by allowing the admin to change expense types departments, managers and other settings. The admin is also able to view a variety of reports that are very useful as well as features such as expense connect automatic payments and allowing access for the admin to act on behalf of another user.

Cons

The website tends to have periods where it is unavailable and doesn't work. This is usually resolved within a short time and the site returns to normal. Also the customer support for Concur could be improved in my opinion as there have been times I have had issues and they have been unable to help me.

Braden
  • Industry: Machinery
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 10/04/2020

Average Expense System

Overall, I rate my experience as average. Although it was far more expeditious than the previous expense software that I have used, I still view it as an average expensing program. Please keep in mind, I was only a user not and administrator or implementer so I have no context as to the sophistication on the backend. From a user's standpoint I think it provides the essential services/functions that you need from an expense software.

Pros

Concur offers an application that is pretty straight forward and easy to use. I think the most convenient feature is the receipt databasing piece. I can take a photo of my receipt code and file it right away. The previous software that I used required a user to wait for the final charge to appear on your corporate expense account (credit card) and then it would allow you to code and submit the expense. As a result, you would need to hang on to a receipt (s), sometimes for a few days and then code and submit it. However with Concur's photo receipt function you can take a picture and toss that receipt right away.

Cons

I struggled with the travel booking functionality. Although the concept, to have travel and expenses in one place, is excellent I believe it came with a cost. We had the functional ability to book travel via the app but still used outside sources because we seemed to get better rates and I believe the app did not always show all available options. To be fair, some of that might have been mitigated by our own internal processes in which we inhibited our ability to optimize this feature, more so than the functionality itself not existing.

Kristin

Reviewed on 08/02/2018

Streamlines coorporate Travel Bookings, Approvals and Expense Reports in one application that...

Pros

Great implementation experience. Nice workflow that you can customize and set up for your company needs. Nice interface and UI for users. It is great that there is an app to use when on the go. Love the fact there are integration capabilities that you can build out and customize to extract data to then ingest into other software.

Cons

User support is very hard to deal with in the fact that you have to submit 'cases' via the website and do not always get the correct person that understands your wants and needs....I find this extremely unbearable support after coming out of implementation where you had a dedicated rep that could communicate effectively with you and understands your custom set up of the system. The client service rep after implementation does little to no help with requests. The administration of the system is cumbersome and very complex. The admin has a lot to learn and a lot of different areas of the system to manage. The mobile application doesn't allow for all necessary functionality for users for approvals. System outages have gotten better but occur way too frequently.

Valentina
Valentina
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 10/07/2023

SAP Concur is a Robust Online Accounting Software

It automate travel and spend management.

Pros

SAP Concur is a crucial asset that help me save time by eradicating manual accounting tasks.I do not record errors when paying vendors by incorporating 2 and 3 way matching tools which detect discrepancies rapidly.

Cons

Ever since 2019, I have been using SAP Concur, and I hardly encounter issues at all.

Reviewed on 16/03/2023

Excellent budgeting system

I like how simple it is to track and manage all of my company's expenses in one place. This system allows us to track expenses and reimburse employees for out-of-pocket expenses as a large corporation with many employees. Concur offers an important benefit in the form of direct deposit for employee reimbursement. They also have an app, which I have yet to try but have heard nothing but positive things about. The system's user-friendly interface also makes staff training easier.

Pros

It's convenient to have all of the organization's expenses in one place. With a large workforce, the system can track expenses and reimburse those who have already spent money on the company's behalf. Before reimbursement is made, the direct supervisor can authorize and verify the process. The direct deposit feature of Concur is extremely useful.

Cons

I dislike how limited the accounting review process for receipt management is, but aside from that, SAP Concur is a very user-friendly system that is simple to train new employees on.

MARGARITA
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

Love Concur's Smart Audit Functions

Pros

The expense management side of it and the option to provide our company policy list to Concur to implement into audit rules / flagging policy exceptions/

Cons

Wish the reporting was more robust and integrated better with Intacct without going through third-parties like Wipfli.

chris

Reviewed on 18/10/2018

Easily the best program out there

Benefits of paperless expense reports is not only environmentally friendly, but the way to keep up in a busy never-sleep world of business.

Pros

Great program. You are able to upload receipts and even use your mobile for pictures and logging trips/expenses and even meals while travelling. The best feature of this is the mileage calculator. If you are like me, you travel for work. All you simply do is enter your starting point, and end point, and it does the rest! You can select one way trips or round trips, and the mileage gets calculated automatically. Reporting out of the software is great as well, and breaks everything down perfectly for those days in audit. Must have for any professional whom wishes to avoid paper expense reports!

Cons

I couldn't find anything I did not like with this software. I have used many before but hands-down this is the crème de la crème. I wish more companies used this program, it's easy, accurate and gets the job done in little time.

Jared M.
Jared M.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 04/07/2018

One of the most unnecessarily frustrating systems I've ever used

Horrible system and huge inconvenience, although it seems after many years Concur is finally starting to address user issues to improve their system.

Pros

My university requires us to use Concur to file all of our expenses for job-related travel. At first, it seemed like a nice system. I used to app to take pictures of receipts, which was handy. Also, it seems that they very recently upgraded their system to make it more usable.

Cons

Almost every time I submitted an expense report, it was returned with errors. I am a PhD candidate, and for the life of me I could not seem to get these reports correct. One big problem was that my departments gives us per diem for food expenses, but Concur would always create an error if our total expenses did not add up to the exact amount of approved funding. So I often had to worked with our department secretary to manipulate the expenses so that the system would accept my report. The business office at my university was no help either. In fact, they seemed to be purposely obtuse about Concur. In summary, using Concur was honestly one of the most frustrating experiences of my graduate career, which says a lot. There were multiple occasions where the business office made a mistake in an account number, blamed me for it, and then it ended up taking many months and lots of arguing before I finally got my reimbursement.

Dusti
Dusti
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Effective

Overall, I'm so glad we switched over to this product. I used to dread expense reports so much because they were such a hassle, but this makes it a lot easier and is more efficient.

Pros

This platform is much easier to use than others I've worked with. The fact that transactions from your company credit card automatically load into this makes doing expense reports much less painful.

Cons

There's still some coding in there that I don't understand or fully know what to do with, but I just stick to the ones I do know, and that works for me. I also with it didn't save transactions that were refunds. It still makes you add refunds or over 60 day old transactions to your report.

Debbie
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 06/07/2016

Feedback From An Administrator and Trainer

I've been an Admin/Trainer for Concur since 2005. We've been through a lot of changes together and three different companies who all had a different style of usage for Concur. The one constant issue in 11 years has been imaging. I'm not sure why there are still issues so many years later. Having moved from Excel based expense reports to Concur paperless has been the best move ever. Having the retention right at your finger tips for audits is priceless in its self. With employees have 24 mobile or lap top access has enabled employees around the world to file expenses in a timely manner, no excuses.

Pros

Paperless, pretty user friendly. ExpenseIt

Cons

The imaging and how often it goes down or slows up. I get a LOT of calls on this. I wish it were more adaptable to project billables for your clients that bill their clients. It's hard to pull this information out of Concur easily. Would love to be able to select project reimbursable in images rather than have to print the entire receipt images or hunt and peck. Time consuming