About Backlog

Backlog is a cloud-based project management and issue tracking solution that caters to development teams working with design, marketing and IT teams. The key features of the solution include project and issue management,...

Browse Backlog Reviews

Đặng H.

Reviewed on 11/02/2019

Backlog need to be changed and improved

Sorry but the truth is inconvenience for me. I hope Backlog can do more for me and my project.
I can't have the statistics I want at Home, I can't see overall my project ...
I Hope Backlog can be developed and help us more in the future.

Pros

The color of issue can be changed, I can customize the characteristics of issue for each project.

Cons

when I filter all issue of project , it shows parents issue and sub-issue. If I click on the arrow, which is head of parent issue, Backlog shows all of sub-issue of that parent issue, which are showed before. So many issues are showed twice. It can make me confused.
I think Backlog shoud list parent issue and issue has no parent issue. About issue has parent issue, you can hide and when user click on the arrow, it can be showed.

Milan K.

Reviewed on 17/06/2020

After months using free version for 1 project we successfully moved to paid version for all...

We track not only reported issues/incidents, but also the planned project tasks to have overview who is working on and what is the backlog of all unassigned tasks.
The main benefit is to not have projects information in several excel or project files but in one place. Also our status meetings with our teams are faster and more effective.

Pros

Easy to setup and use including graphic differentiation and access rights for individual projects (customer logo and colors).
No training required for users in our company who adopted this tool very fast.
In addition, GantChart is really usable with several options for grouping, automatic issue creation from email is also useful to support our clients and track how our internal specialists perform. Internal wiki is also used in our company to document not only the knowledges and technical information to be shared with others in the team, but also the meeting minutes related to our projects - everything stored and available in one place.
The mobile application also works as expected.

Cons

It is not possible to create links/relations in GantChart helping to display dependencies and reschedule the project tasks when something happen - now all issues have to be moved manually.
Navigation in wiki would be enhanced little bit.

Hai N.

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Some Uncomfortable

Very good expect 2 thinks above

Pros

- Grantt chart and burndown chart..

Cons

1. It's "Copy custom Fields From other Project" in [Project Settings] -> [Custom Field]
=> I dont know why "(※ Relation with issue types not copied)". It's very uncomfortable for me and someone manage like me.
=> Our Company have Standard Custom Field for all Project about 100 Custom FIled and some Custom Issue Type. When I Open the new Project , I just wanna Copy all Custom Field and Issue Type from Old Project.
But not like this, just copy Customfield and Availabes all Issue types. After that, I must to click 1 by 1 to fix, or delete. It's take many time from me. how long i will spent for fix that with 100 custom Field and Custom Issue Type????
Please think about that. and fix this
I just want to Copy all Custom Field + Issue Type from the old Project to New Project. and button delete all Custom Field
2. It's Add a Group of member to Old/Archive Project.
=> It's very hard. I have alrd 100+ project archive and click 1 by 1 to add a Group member. so bad.really bad.
Please add a Button add a Group of member to all Project or atleast let our choose list project to add.

Top Backlog Alternatives

Nguyen N.

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

Good services with the best price

I did use backlog in 4 years, and It good for my company with more than 120 users, and run 30 project at the same time

Pros

Cons

need add more than status check (current status: open, In progress, Resolved, Closed) need add more (Review)

Mendy D.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 16/06/2020

Backlog helped my team with organization

Pros

My team is using this product to log issues about a new website we are running live. We are able to each submit issues, whether it's an urgent item that has to be fixed or just a suggestion on something we would like to see changed. It keeps us from double logging our issues because we can see all of the issues daily and our IT person can log and communicate the status on each issue. It seems to be helping us stay organized on what items are priorities.

Cons

I don't like that you have to click on the issue to see the latest comments on it. I wish it would display the latest comment like a preview of an email will.

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

Good tool overall for bug tracking

Overall pretty solid with great features to keep everyone growing the boat in the same direction!

Pros

Backlog is a fairly simple and intuitive platform that gives the full development/product teams visibility into bugs reported by the business and allows for simple, seamless prioritization.

Cons

It's cool that Backlog offers iPhone and Android apps but they're a little diminished feature-wise compared to the full app. Still pretty handy though!

Praveen S.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 29/04/2020

Product for Monitoring Product Activities

My experience with Backlog was excellent as we were looking for tool to monitor our product development. As we were a startup company we have limited source on funds and came across with backlog which supports our cause. We appreciate Nulabs for providing us their platform for supporting our team in our product development, And would definitely would be recommend Backlog.

Pros

Ease to Use, Team Member were able to use it on their own without any support, Quick response for support from backlog team.

Cons

Nothing as such , would suggest that if you could simplify use of filters.

Hernan A.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 14/03/2021

A must in UAT stage

We are in a huge project that goes from an old BSS to a new one. We are moving from monolithic software to a microservices architecture, so the project is quite complex. The backlog allows us to handle issues during user acceptance testing in a very clean and dynamic way.

Pros

Very easy set up. Users can get used to the tool very quickly without special knowledge or training.

Cons

We have been using the tool for 2 months and we still have the benefit, so I have not detected any drawbacks yet ...

Pramod S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 10/10/2018

Awesome Software

Pros

Easy to maintain bugs and their state .Very Useful.

Cons

Still i did not find any Cons in this software.

Rilson M.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

Very complete tool

Very good tool;
Complete in functionality and serves my business well.

Pros

The level of detail that can be added to a issue

Cons

I miss adding more pictures to describe a bug, and possibly tagging and editing the placed images.

T l S.

Reviewed on 20/05/2019

Sreedharan Reivew on Backlog Tool

Excellent Ticketing System with ease of use , Reduces the time spent on updating etc

Pros

Ease of use,We based and easy navigation and filter functions.
Faster retrieval of information
Status updation takes less time

Cons

While copy & pasting from word documents Alignment gets rearranged and the contents become unreadable

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 22/05/2019

An excellent project management and collaboration tool available for teams

An easy to use project management application that meets customer expectation.

Pros

It is a designer and programmer friendly tool where it's easy to collaborate without any noticeable hassles

Cons

Though it has many prons I still believe it could have more features and I observed a couple of time integration issue as well.

Sunny A.

Reviewed on 19/03/2018

Using Backlog

Pros

Great project management app or just because you need a issue management, subtasking, bug tracking and burndown charts app. The user interface and user experience works best.

Cons

It is awesome for collaboration and the integrations are seamless. This requires multiple steps in the software.

Akshaykumar P.

Reviewed on 11/06/2019

Good

Pros

bugs add functionality of this menu , filtration of task items etc.

Cons

particularize bugs of rates , data operations etc.

Emily W.

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Pros

It's easy to use as a bug tracking tool as well as a requirement management tool.

Cons

It doesn't have the required functionalities for product roadmap management and burndown charts.

Eric P.
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

A great app for any work with an active team

We work in a research project for Artificial Intelligence in Games.

Pros

I really like the fact, this is easy to add some issues and to follow any kind of problem. This is also really easy to assign an issue to someone.

Cons

The different kinds of priority are not enough, that will be better to let the user define its own priority (high, normal and low are not enough sometimes to make the difference)

Daniel O.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 31/08/2017

At first Backlog seems like a bit much but now our team could not function with out it.

Streamlined workflow and the ability to see who's accountable for what and where projects are.

It's help us stay on track and keep projects under budget and on time.

Pros

It's task oriented without feeling like a burden. Other project management tools I've used feel like glorified lists but Backlog offers a lot more.

Getting your team on board is difficult but the flow of using Backlog makes sense and came natural for us. We work 100% remotely so if it didn't work we would know right away something wasn't right.

Cons

For us, one of the strengths about Backlog is the integrations with Typetalk. We use both but I do with they were more tightly integrated.

For example, simply using at mentions on Backlog. Messages from Backlog issues go to Typetalk and we use @username to create an alert on Typetalk at the same time.

This might be particular to our team but it's really helpful. When I type (@) on a Backlog comment or description I want the list of usernames to show.

Surendra P.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

Great Software

It is very user friendly and easy to use

Pros

I have been using backlog from the past 2+ years. It is very easy to use. It has many features like wiki, store file, gantt chart... Recently they introduced the Board which is very useful to see all the tasks in one place.

Cons

There is nothing i am disliking from this software

Sandeep G.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 28/09/2018

we are love to use backlog

Pros

I liked the way of bugs maintenance and having simple ui to understand by the non technical persons as well.

Cons

mail structure. In mail try to add bug status in front. (closed or added). In mobile push notifications we are unable to differentiate whether it is added or closed.

• Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 25/09/2018

This service is very good.

We use Backlog to track all the work in the department. All the documentation is stored in Backlog. It's very convienant.

Pros

The software works well. It makes it easy to track what everyone in the group is accomplishing each day.

Cons

When we send emails to Backlog, embedded pictures are lost. We work around it but it would be better if it just worked. Additional reporting would be nice to have.

Carmen G.

Reviewed on 23/04/2018

Backlog Review

Solid PM tool with flexible pricing options.

Pros

Solid Project Management tool for software development teams. Interface is intuitive and training is minimal. Good reporting and project communication capabilities.

Cons

Sometimes the more advanced features you are looking for are only available in the higher cost subscriptions.

Prabu L.

Reviewed on 25/03/2019

Backlog review

We can track the issue's status but its does not have completion percentage of the issue. Improve UI

Pros

issue type and tags. Easy to create new issue/task

Cons

Need to concentrate on User Interface so that user can easily access the app

Alex R.
  • Industry: Program Development
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 04/03/2019

Backlog

Various team planning projects organized with the developers, organizers of activities, the testing and support team. It is wonderful the system of assignment of tasks and notifications that allows to always take the project to the day and with the priorities to solve.

Pros

Easy to use and practical for manage projects and teams

Cons

The attachment files is not very much easy to use, it may be better

Conrad K.

Reviewed on 21/02/2018

Absolutely fantastic way to manage your pest control business. Managing has never been so easy!

Tracking appointments. Managing progress. Creating follow ups

Pros

I love how I can schedule and track appointments. Before using this products I was left to on my own devices to schedule and often times we would miss appointments. Have not missed one since.

Cons

I do wish they had an analytical reporting feature. It would be nice to have a one-stop tool to manage all sides of the business.

Riya P.

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

Amazing experience

Pros

This product is easy to use. It has great functionalities for every user.

Cons

Nothing found so far. Better numbering of tasks.