About YAPI

YAPI provides dental teams with a complete solution to run a modern dental office with efficient staff and patient communication, automation, and digital workflows. Patients enjoy the convenience of electronic dental forms,...

All YAPI Reviews Apply filters

Browse YAPI Reviews

All YAPI Reviews Apply filters

Chance R.

Reviewed on 02/02/2022

The best software money can buy.

My overall experience with YAPI has been sublime. Any question I have always has an answer and if there isn’t one then the team gets together and makes sure the issue is resolved in the next update. I absolutely refuse to hear any offers from other dental software programs when I used to sit through them all. If you don’t like YAPI you need to make sure you fully understand it and are getting everything out of it you can.

Pros

My favorite aspect of the software currently is patient recall and online scheduling. The integration when they get a reminder that they are due and can just schedule immediately right from their phone is undeniably convenient and that’s what our patients want. Email campaigns are a huge help. It saves you valuable marketing dollars.

Cons

The few things that are missing are Knick knacks. The ability to upload pdf documents of patient treatment plans and send them recall reminders that they have pending treatment with an attached and signed document by them is essential. While hygiene visits are important treatment is where all the money is made. Integrating YAPI pay into that scheduling feature would also be highly beneficial. The office would decide how much of the co-pay would be required to make the appointment and the deposit could made directly from the patients phone in order to schedule. More customized email lists through POP. Filters that separate inactive, non-patient, and archived patients. Patients without insurance and maybe even specific insurances. Collections through YAPI. Like with recall. Patients get a reminder or a notification their claim has closed and they have an outstanding balance. Filters like standard billing and non-completed therapy or payment plans would have to be available. You don’t want a patient on a payment plan getting a reminder their full balance is due when you’ve already drafted autopay.

Lighthouse Studio

Reasons for Switching to YAPI

Customer service and features. YAPI is constantly developing and their staff is available to train and coach you again and again.

Response from YAPI Inc.

We are thrilled to hear you have adopted our automated recall scheduling and online booking, Chance, and that you love it! Your feedback regarding feature requests is also extremely helpful to see and will be logged for our development team to consider as they prep additional releases. Thank you!

Carrie R.

Reviewed on 05/04/2022

Great Patient Management

We have been using Yapi for many years in our office. We have been able to eliminate other software because Yapi has added more services that we can use. I have been very happy that we can customize our forms and with Covid, it is such a bonus that we have have all our forms available online or mobile.

Pros

Yapi is very customizable for our specific office needs. Most often I can customize the product myself and if I need help, Yapi support is always very helpful. We have been using the software for several years now and other software has come and gone over the years but Yapi will always be our go to!

Cons

I would like it if they made online forms editable without having to use support.

Response from YAPI Inc.

Thank you so much for sharing such awesome feedback, Carrie, and for your input on feature requests as well for more 'DIY' editing for online forms. Can't wait for you to see what's in store soon for updates!

Erica H.

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

Dental Practice Review

Overall the convenience of the program is ideal and it pairs well with our dentrix program. However the time that it takes to recreate forms to make them compatible is a major downfall. They are also not set up to communicate with our medical practice management and EHR program.

Pros

We have yapi installed on our ipads for the patients to complete their new patient and updated patient forms when they arrive. It's a simple as selecting a box and the paperwork can be completed quickly.

Cons

You have to create the fillable version of all your forms to have it done the way you want it as the support staff doesn't have the ability to change a word document into a fillable version. I've spent countless hours recreating forms to make it compatible with the software. Ideally the support team would have the mans to do this for the customer.

Top YAPI Alternatives

Cindi M.

Reviewed on 22/03/2022

Amazing customer service and even better product

The best customer service by far! Every time I have a question or need help I am able to find an answer quickly on their help page. If I need additional help, I can call and I am able to speak with someone promptly without the run around. I love how they routinely follow up with us too to check in.

Pros

We absolutely love how the software allows are new patients to fill out the new patient forms from their own smart device or in office on the iPad. Not only does it make it more convenient to patients, but it also allows are schedule more efficiently since the the forms auto-populate into Open Dental so the whole team can see the forms as they entered. This also reduces clerical error on our part while entering.

Cons

I would like to be able to add more appointment reminders and for the save the dates to go out sooner.

Solutionreach

Reasons for Choosing YAPI

Better customer service and response time. Auto-populated forms and all digital forms.

Weave

Reasons for Switching to YAPI

Response from YAPI Inc.

So glad to see you are loving YAPI and Open Dental, Cindi, especially with the auto-import forms! We appreciate your feedback as well, thank you so much for sharing your experience here!

Replied 25/03/2022
Cara W.

Reviewed on 04/04/2022

Best Decision Was Choosing YAPI

Pros

What I love about Yapi is all the functions it supports. Emails, text, scheduling, interoffice communication, making us a paperless office and the patient recall reports.

Cons

There is nothing that I do not like about Yapi, they are always improving their services which is great!

Response from YAPI Inc.

Thank you Cara for sharing your positive experience with YAPI and for referring others as well that means everything to us!

Teresa C.

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

Why we love Yapi!

We uses it everyday and absolutely couldn't do what we do without it!!

Pros

Ease for communication and confirmations with patients

Cons

I don't like having to download the paperwork into open dental. I wished it did that automatically.

Lighthouse 360 and Weave

Reasons for Switching to YAPI

Not as expensive, and Weave doesn't have customer service at all like Yapi does.

Response from YAPI Inc.

Thank you so much Teresa for sharing your positive experience about YAPI! We understand you have choices and it's especially meaningful to our team that you highlighted excellent customer support.

Shannon M.

Reviewed on 10/05/2022

Our Dental Office Loves YAPI!

YAPI males our lives easier and helps us provide our patients with better care. There are a lot of good dental management programs out there, but none of them hold a candle to YAPI!

Pros

Yapi does it all and does it better than other dental programs and at a better price. From Confirming appointments, to email blasts, to collecting data, to forms on iPads….YAPI does it all!
Need more reasons to love YAPI? They allow you to customize your forms and if you need support, a real live person will talk to you and help resolve your concerns. It’s amazing!

Cons

There is nothing I don’t love about YAPI.

Holly M.

Reviewed on 05/04/2022

Yapi saves our staff time

Yapi's secret weapon is their customer support. If we ever need help, they come to our rescue instantly. Their support team is knowledgeable, helpful and caring.

Pros

Yapi has been instrumental in saving our team members time. We use paperless forms daily and Yapi streamlines the process.

Cons

We don't currently use all aspects of Yapi.

Sherin J.

Reviewed on 04/04/2022

Yapi

Pros

easy integration with office, helpful interoffice messaging

Cons

can lag at times, but no other complaints

Response from YAPI Inc.

So glad to hear you enjoy the seamless integration and the benefits of YAPI's intra-office chat, Sherin! Thank you so much for sharing.

Donna B.

Reviewed on 07/04/2022

Great Communicator!

We have less cancellation and missed appointments.

Pros

Helps our office run smoothly and helps front desk communicate with each treatment room if needed during the day and communicate to our boss right from our desk.

Cons

I really can't think of anything. We love this software and rarely have any problems

Christine M.

Reviewed on 10/02/2022

top notch superior technology innovated product it is a must have.

I have used Yapi software for approximately 5+ years each year. It gets better and better customer service is top-notch, always eager to help me where I need help. I can not say enough great things about this product and services.

Pros

I love that automation keeps me on task for more one-on-one with patients.

Cons

I wish I could write the treatment plan into the program or incorporate it with eagle soft

Response from YAPI Inc.

It's awesome to see your experience, Christine from ease of use to customer support. Thank you kindly for also acknowledging our year-over-year product improvements, there are many to come that are bigger than ever we will keep you posted!

Tamara V.

Reviewed on 25/02/2022

Best patient management dental software

Experience and customer service have been great

Pros

All the features are awesome and easy to use. Intraoffice communication and dashboard keep us on time and make us efficient. Patient communication is very easy and patients love it. Paperless option of our forms have been a game changer. And now they have options of text to pay and ability to schedule their own appointments. .

Cons

Hard to customize emails. Cannot do mass text

Response from YAPI Inc.

We appreciate this outstanding feedback, Tamara, thank you! It sounds like you are really maximizing your utilization of YAPI which is great to hear. I am confident some of the updates planned will help make life even easier for email customization. While we do not yet have a text blast feature to reach all patients at once, we hope that some of the conditional mass texting features will be helpful to reach groups of patients on specific appointment dates, ASAP list, or recall past due. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive thoughts about YAPI with others, we appreciate you!

Replied 28/02/2022
Mary ellen C.

YAPI review

very positive. Always get quick response to emails.

Pros

The learning curve is minimal and YAPI is efficient and seamless with its integration into DENTRIX.

Cons

Would like to CHOOSE specific patients on a given day to send a blast (rather than ALL of them)

Lighthouse Studio

Ease of integration

Response from YAPI Inc.

We appreciate your 5/5 across the board so very much, Mary Ellen. Thank you for encouraging others to try YAPI and for the feedback as well regarding mass text features.

Leslye C.

Love yapi!

Yapi has benefited me personally with relieving me of many tasks that take too much time. Such as, confirmation reminders, recall reminders, collected patient paperwork.

Pros

I love the ability to two way text the parents of my patiens, they are all so busy and difficult to get them to pick up the phone to get information or relay information and texting makes it so much more convenient for both parties.

Cons

Would love to be able to text blast all of my patients at once or at lease all patients on the schedule at once like we do with emails.

Response from YAPI Inc.

Thank you Leslye for sharing your experience with easy communication between your practice and patients. Texting makes life easier for us all! We have a feature 'mass text by appointment date' that is available and if you'd like to learn more please let me know and we can walk you through how to access this.

Kelsey C.

Reviewed on 04/02/2022

Best option in the industry

We have been able to eliminate paper forms, have more accurate patient information and save SO much time.

Pros

Yapi is by far the best option for paperless intake forms. I have tried other companies and the issues and glitches that I experienced with other programs are more frustrating that just using paper. Yapi works seamlessly, it saves so much time and it's easy to use. If we have ever had a question or an issue, the customer support is BY FAR the best you will get from ANY dental software company.

Cons

It does have overlapping features with some of the other products that we use, but not enough to eliminate some of those products.

Diana R.

Reviewed on 17/03/2022

Dental Front Office Yapi Review

Yapi is helping us with our patient forms and health history, with patient communication and cancellations. Once it was all set up it is a huge time saver!

Pros

The most impactful part of this software has been the direct texting our patients. I can text a patient anytime and they can reply in real time. I also like to see the "history" of the texts so I can review whole conversations. This has streamlined my confirmations and minimized cancellations. I also like the feature of being able to text everyone on a specific day at the same time.

Cons

Yapi is very customizable which is great but did take more time than I anticipated. In the future I would like to be able to manipulate my schedule and move appointments with the online, Yapi Pop feature.

Response from YAPI Inc.

Thank you Diana for sharing your awesome results on how YAPI's patient communication features have streamlined your process and made it easier to keep your chairs full! We appreciate your feedback as well regarding ease of self-customization as well as the request to move appointments within YAPI as well not just your PMS.

Replied 21/03/2022
Elizabeth C.

Reviewed on 25/02/2022

Love Yapi

Yapi has been the best benefit to our office regarding less paperwork and saves time with confirming and rescheduling our patients, we love the text back option to communicate with our patients.

Pros

The text message reminders to our patients, its less work for us and our patients love it! and also in office to let all staff know when patients are ready and if someone cancels. We love that here!

Cons

Sometimes there are technical difficulties when creating an email, but the great team is always available to help over the phone.

Response from YAPI Inc.

Hi there, Elizabeth! I'm so glad to hear that YAPI has made communicating with patients a breeze with two-way texting and that you have always been able to get the help you need at the moment. We appreciate you sharing your feedback here with others to see. Thank you from all of us at YAPI!

Replied 01/03/2022
Jen B.

Reviewed on 18/07/2018

WOW AMAZING PRODUCT!

Thank you YAPI!

Pros

YAPI is amazing! We are a brand new office that has been using YAPI since we opened in April of 2017. We are completely paperless, I can communicate so easily with patients and even the patients say how much they love the reminders they get through email/text! All the staff I have spoken to on the phone for training have been very helpful and pleasant. He did most of the training sessions and I have had to email him questions here and there. He always replies promptly and if it's not something he can directly help with he directs me to who I need to speak to. YAPI has made my life so much easier by how user-friendly it is. I HIGHLY recommend!

Shweta D.

Reviewed on 28/02/2022

Ease of appointment scheduling with Yapi

Yapi has been very helpful with sending patient appointment reminders to avoid last minute cancellations and filling in our hygiene schedule with patients who are past due for their visits

Pros

Easy to use by the entire team; easy to customize; integrates very well with my management system

Cons

Nothing yet. Still need to explore the other modules available through Yapi and integrate for better efficiency

Response from YAPI Inc.

Hi Shweta! So glad to see you are loving the ease of appointment booking online with YAPI Smart Scheduling. We realize there's a lot to explore across all the features, and you are likely aware we have a large team of customer experience representatives ready to provide live training on any features of YAPI whenever you'd like just let us know and we'll be ready! Thanks again.

Replied 02/03/2022
Paolo S.

Reviewed on 17/03/2022

Great product

Pros

The software allows your staff to do more work on the office and less on calls.

Cons

It’s on the expensive side of things and every month.

Response from YAPI Inc.

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us Paolo! Very happy to hear you are getting more work done during the day and less time spent on administrative work or patient calls (in a good way!)

Replied 22/03/2022
Janet K.

Reviewed on 03/11/2021

Love our Yapi

Besides being a very helpful platform for us, Yapi's customer service is fabulous, every person I have asked for help from has been eager to help and always friendly! Thank you Yapi :)

Pros

Yapi is the perfect way to get our new patient information electronically. The patient reminders are great, they save us a lot of time with calls and no shows. Being able to text our patients has proved to be valuable.

Cons

Can't think of any cons with Yapi. We have had great service and it helps us every day.

Response from YAPI Inc.

We are so glad to hear you are enjoying a streamlined new patient registration process and easy communication with your patients via text. Thank you for sharing your experience, Janet, we appreciate it so much!

Replied 15/11/2021
Traci M.

Reviewed on 23/02/2022

User-firendly

Pros

It is so easy to customize settings and canned messages. We love the intra office text and alert options. It was even easy for less tech savvy staff to learn and utilize Yapi.

Cons

I wish there were more avatar options to rotate through.

Response from YAPI Inc.

Thank you so much Traci for this awesome feedback, we are glad to hear that the intra-office chat features were easy for your team to learn and implement, and also thanks for mentioning the avatars, we are working on other options that I think you'll like in a future update.

Replied 28/02/2022
Sheri A.

Yapi is awesome!

Pros

We love the desktop dashboard. It allows us to follow our patients throughout the office and track each ones’s progress.

Cons

I do wish the medical history firm integrates with the new Dentrix medical history module.

Response from YAPI Inc.

Hi Sheri! We are so pleased to hear you love YAPI and tracking patients through the dashboard. Please let me know if you'd like any additional help on the medical history integration piece - we have updated our service to match Dentrix field/updates and everything is current but it's possible you may need an update is all :)

Melissa N.

Reviewed on 09/12/2021

Yapi is the high tech future of dentistry

Yapi made it easier to keep my practice running smoothly it was a time saver for the front desk staff and made their jobs super easy and more efficient. They had a lot less busy work like confirming appointments

Pros

This product allowed me to connect with my patients easier! I could text patients, have them prefill forms, and even help them schedule their appointment online.

Cons

Sometimes the integration wasn’t up to date or something would take a second to load into the software but this was rare

Response from YAPI Inc.

Hello Melissa! We are so pleased to hear you have had a great experience with YAPI and have found success with our newest products like online scheduling! Thank you for taking the time to recommend YAPI to others!

Replied 25/01/2022
Delayna G.

Reviewed on 28/02/2022

Helps the Office

Pros

Stores patient documents with ease and allows patients to fill out paperwork electronically.

Cons

I wish it was easier to do custom documents and have them automatically stored in patients file.

Response from YAPI Inc.

Thank you Delayna for sharing this review and for your feedback! We have planned future updates that will improve the self-customization of documents, but in the meantime, please feel free to reach out to our customer experience team for any support - we are here for you!

Replied 02/03/2022