About Time Doctor

Time Doctor is a cloud-based time tracking and management solution used by businesses for monitoring workforce productivity. It offers tools for time tracking, web activity monitoring, payroll management and reporting. Time...

Browse Time Doctor Reviews

Ryan H. Ryan H.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 14/08/2021

Best Time Tracking Software for In-House and Remote Employees

We at Fullstop360 are totally satisfied with the overall performance of Time Doctor. It is good for time-tracking, task-management, timesheets, poor time use, web & app usage, attendance, and payroll etc.

Pros

I have given Time Doctor 10 out of 10 as I simply love it. We have been using it for more than 4 years and it has proved to be a great tool to manage the in-house and remote employees. It is pretty convenient to install and work with. It allows to track time and improve productivity. It gives your complete control over your work. The effective reporting system helps you to figure out a better use of your time. It provides browsing history, top website, and poor management of time. In the capacity of an HR Manager, I use Time Doctor to mark employee attendance. You can check time-in and time-out and total work hours of your team members. It shares employee activity by sending screenshots. I also get help in managing the payroll. There's another cool option that TD allows to manually edit time. Sometimes, people forget to start Time Doctor and then approach me to adjust their times. In all reality, you can do a lot of cool things to manage your team and work.

Cons

The only con that I observed as a user is the 'display of activity bar'. It stays on top and sometimes becomes quite irritating. There's an option to hide it but the chances that sometimes you forget to turn Time Doctor on. Likewise, the breaktime monitor is a bit irritating. When you're busy in a though process and staring on your screen but you have not moved your mouse or touched the keyboard, Time Doctor will assume that you're gone for a break. I don't know how to fix it but it would be really cool if there's some sort of a sensor.

Reviewed on 20/04/2018

It used to be a good product but they now lack on product focus and don't listen to customers.

It helped our company at different stage of it's growth but unfortunately is not listening to its customers anymore

Pros

It has a nice web backend The client made in 2017 has good UX (if only we could use it) It used to have a responsive product team (not anymore)

Cons

- The old client UI (which is the only one that we can use) is not intuitive and buggy. Our team very often complains about this and they don't want to use it.
- A key feature which is blurring the screenshots has been taken away from the new Windows and Mac client but the option to enforce it is still in their web backend. This gives the false expectation that the setting will be respected while it doesn't and this compromise the privacy and *security* of the people using this software as the screenshots can also collect passwords, private keys etc. Neal from support on October 3rd 2017 wrote: "Sorry for the delay but our developer has not finished setting up this feature yet on the new app. I will try to get more feedback on this and see if I could get at least an estimate of when it will be implemented." After more than seven months on 20th of April 2018 he says: "We don't have an ETA yet. All I know is that our development team are currently working on incorporating this feature as we have been pushing them to since this is something available on the old app."

As you can see the answer was not truthful (using the word "finishing" for something that wasn't started). There was also no apology from their side and they didn't write an article warning about this bug which can compromise the security of their users and breach their T&Cs. It's a shame since this company used to care about their customers. I will change the review if they finally act on this.General Comment
It helped our company at different stage of it's growth but unfortunately while growing it seems that it lost its user focus

Response from Time Doctor

Hi

We do apologize if you feel as though you are not treated the way you and your company used to be treated.

While it is true that blurring of screenshot is not yet available in the new app, please do know that you can always use the older app to have this function working perfectly tailored to your needs.

If you need any further assistance though, please do feel free to message us at [email protected]

Replied 01/05/2018
Nikki T. Nikki T.

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Amazing product

I’ve used it for years and it works overall very well.

Pros

It’s very customer/employee friendly to update time edits and easy to use.

Cons

It sometimes glitches and the time clock doesn’t always show the correct time clocked in for then will randomly glitch again and be correct.

Top Time Doctor Alternatives

Eduardo C. Eduardo C.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

Productivity stile

I am having a satisfactory experience, even comparing it with other software that perform the same functions. The TD has helped me to significantly improve my performance as an analyst, this has the same impact on personnel as monitoring to the point of achieving objectives that in principle seemed unattainable.

Pros

Certainly I liked the amount of options, speaking of indicators that help us manage staff and increase productivity significantly. Not only see captures, but also see the activity of their peripherals and the apps and programs they use

Cons

More than a "Cons" i would like that indicators such as low activity may be visible to individuals and not only to those who have TD group management. In turn, that this indicator can be traceable not only in the last 7 days of work but in editable periods of time, example: the last 3 days of work

Chad H. Chad H.

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Keeping Track with Time Doctor

Overall, very satisfied with Time Doctor. It's fairly simple to use, accurate, and fulfills my needs.

Pros

What I like most about Time Doctor is that it allows me to easily and accurately record the amount of time I'm working on a certain project or task. It allows me to show my clients how much time I was working on and how long each task took. I like that it also gives me a warning when I veer to a less-than productive site.

Cons

Don't really have any complaints. The only thing that I would like to be better handled is the dashboard where time is viewed. The issue I have is that I'm occasionally responsible for reviewing subordinate work flows and I feel that it's somewhat difficult to view their profiles as easy it is for myself. I'm sure there's an easier way to do this, but I havent found it yet.

Hitesh T. Hitesh T.

Reviewed on 12/07/2017

Easy to use, time accuracy it maintain and support is very great.

Main target to use software is save the time and using this i can save lot so other time can spend for family, otherwise i have no track of that.
We do not have to worry about the time just click and start and stop, one more benefit report are generated automatically with various attributes which we can show to client.

Pros

Dashboard with different report with accuracy
Not allow us to open unwanted sites like fb, youtube etc
support is very kind
provide mobile support also

Cons

In Billing, once a card is added we cannot delete that. so it should be like we can delete and add new.
in desktop application its start record time when we set task name and press enter, instead of that we should click on the start button
in account we need to define some sites URL, so whenever user open that it stop time record without his permission.

Cherry V. Cherry V.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 05/11/2021

Time Doctor Feedback

Good thing about Time Doctor is that, we can easily monitor how many hours our members spent within that specific task and project, for desktop and laptop users, we can identify if the sites and links they opened were really useful for the company.

Pros

What I like most about Time Doctor is that we can easily monitor the work of our team members and the task that they are currently working on

Cons

The least of this app is that, we can't view in terms of mobile and manual time of the team members. We can't identify if the time they are consuming are really used for work since there are no links and sites provided by the said app but only the time they used for work.

• Industry: Design

Reviewed on 18/09/2018

Unmitigated Disaster

We are in software development ourselves and this whole platform reeks of something that was built by cheap, overseas, outsourced development teams, OR it was something that has been rushed to market. You need to avoid Time Doctor and Staff.com like the plague. The two companies are linked and perhaps merging because recently Staff.com had a message on their website that said something to the effect of "A TimeDoctor Company." They also have identical logos.

Final thoughts: if you use Time Doctor to track work for your clients you are going to be in a world of hurt. You will overcharge and undercharge clients and when they figure it out (like ours did) they will be furious.

A quick update: I notified Time Doctor over a week ago to close our account and to the surprise of absolutely no one, they haven't honored the request. Just terrible.

Pros

Having to email their support to cancel my account...I'm joking that was just the last annoying thing I was forced to do with this company. Nothing...I like absolutely nothing about it.

Cons

Absolutely terrible piece of software. I cannot for the life of me understand why this software has such high ratings. We used it for about six months and had nothing but problems with it. Some of the issues were:

1. Time not syncing between mobile, desktop, and web clients.

2. Time not accurately being tracked.

3. Unable to archive old project-tasks or projects.

4. Tasks and projects not syncing between mobile, desktop, and web clients.

5. Time is missing. In other words, time would be tracked and then disappear.

6. Employees who worked on sensitive areas like finance had their accounts set to blur screenshots. This never worked. They were completely in the clear which could have been a huge problem.

This has been a disaster from start to finish. We've had to manually fix tracked-time, re-bill customers, refund customers, and start all over again with an much better alternative called HubStaff--whom I highly recommend.

The biggest problem with Time Doctor is that we were working with their "support team" for over a month and supposedly they were working on fixing our problems...This turned out to be a lie. Nothing ever got fixed. The support team would never proactively give us any information regarding what they were working on and we always had to reach out to them for an update; the updates contained no actual progress information of any kind...So in other words: we were being blown off.

Response from Time Doctor

The customer has some genuine problems. We put the full attention of our team on these problems and they are all now solved.

However they are very unhappy and have been posting the same negative review on multiple review sites. I think the review is unfair given that 99%+ of our customers are very happy and give us great reviews, and very few people had the problems that this customer had with the app. Our support was very attentive to them and the customer did not respond to all of our emails and requests. They are also promoting a competitor in the review, but that¿s fine we encourage you to try all competitors and see which app you like the best.

So we¿re really sorry but can say for sure that other customer will not experience the same problems as most of them were unique to that customer and are also now all solved.

Replied 17/10/2018
Anik H. Anik H.
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 11/03/2021

Easy and Efficient Software

My overall experience with Time Doctor has been great, easy to set up, easy to use and the customer support is great. You do not have to wait long for your query to be resolved. I always recommend Time Doctor for anyone who is looking for time tracking software.

Pros

I like flexibility it offers with managing multiple clients. I like how easy it is to set up and use.

Cons

The new time doctor and classic time doctor confuses me. I have nearly lost my account before logging into the wrong one and trying to set up a new account as I didn't realise i was on the wrong version. Very confusing.

Gene B. Gene B.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 29/08/2017

it is the most spectacular working tool I have in my company

Pros

The dashboard and reports where I can track my employees' activities. I use dashboard a lot to understand who is working on what and to see whether I can jump on a call with this person at this moment. Monthly reports and weekly reports also give me a good idea of how much time my staff has more.

Cons

The payroll report thing. It could be really improved a lot. The fields are structured in a confusing way so that you confuse hours with dollar values. Then also, finding the payroll report for last month was somewhat not easy for me first time. And there is no custom fields with comments. And I also cannot put a formula into the bonus field.

Miroslav M. Miroslav M.

Reviewed on 13/09/2019

Perfect for remote workers

Overall is a nice program easy to use, does what it is build for and has a good support.

Pros

It is very easy to use it. It is customizable so you can modify it as much as you want to, for instance you can have it showing when it makes a snapshot of the monitor when you are working. It also gives you the change to have multiple projects in your list so you can switch very easily.

Cons

There are those times when the window showing you the current worked time just doesn't want to show and you have to click on the desktop icon to see your time. And there is also the automatic pop-up when you just have started your break and browsing something and a window is showing to remind you to clock in to work (if you have forgot to do so).

Carolyn B. Carolyn B.

Reviewed on 09/09/2017

Easy to use and implement...and budget-friendly!

I benefit from this software by getting a variety of reporting options and features for a relatively low cost. These are helpful for both me and my clients.

Pros

This software is perfect for freelance consultants needing to track project time and/or give clients access to project task breakdowns. It was easy for me to set up my clients with access credentials to their files.

I also love how budget-friendly Time Doctor. It provides a scalable solution that should allow me to grow my team without too much fuss or further set-up required.

Cons

I don't have any particular dislikes about the software. Sometimes it is difficult to get ahold of customer support but they seem to have stepped up their game lately, so perhaps this is changing.

Response from Time Doctor

I saw that you had issues reaching out to our support team. I am now here to bridge that gap. Please, if I can help with anything, please direct your concerns to [email protected]

Replied 20/03/2018
Michael A. Michael A.

Reviewed on 05/10/2020

Extremely reliable time tracking!

Excellent experience, helps us to record exactly where our time is spent for each customer and project

Pros

The best part of this is how good it is at integrating to your work environment. The subtle reminders mean that you're kept on track, even if you struggle to remember. Really helps my team to use the software every day and keep track of our productivity.

Cons

There isn't too much I don't like. Perhaps, the new app isn't as feature rich as the pro version i use, but that could just be me not knowing.

Ana maria C. Ana maria C.

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

I am a user of this software and so far, I am having a very experience with this software.

The benefits I get from this software is keeping track of all the things I have done for the day without me having to take them note one by one.

Pros

It automatically reminds you of everything that you have done for the day as it has a list of your daily tasks wherein you could just copy for the "end-of-the-day" report. Keeping track of your productivity is easy.

Cons

Sometimes, when I am in a hurry and accidentally double clicked the icon, it takes time to open it. So I have to restart the computer to be able to use it.

Response from Time Doctor

We are glad to know that we are giving you a good experience with our software and email reports.

With reference to the issue that you seem to experience though when you double click the app and then it takes time to open it, instead of restarting your computer, I suggest you open your task manager and end the task of the running Time Doctor application in the background. That should do the trick. :)

Replied 28/03/2018
Muhammad bilal S. Muhammad bilal S.

Reviewed on 24/09/2019

Doctor of Time Track

I find overall experience good. Handling and editing to time if needed. You can review your time served as per software. You get a daily summary of your work. You can use timedoctor any where you want you just need to open your mobile app.

Pros

The most likely thing is that it is available for all machines computer, mobile. You can edit time and you can review all the time served per product.

Cons

It starts to show stop dialogue when we are reading article and do not click or use keyword during reading.

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Tracks what needs tracking

For what it is, it is fine. I don't like the feeling of being spied on.

Pros

The software provides insight into how much time is being logged. I guess that is a good thing. Makes it easier to know when to shut down.

Cons

When set up by a company, it tracks too much and feels invasive. I understand needed to prove working, but it makes it almost impossible to do research or reading as it tracks activity, although easy enough to trick.

Atif M. Atif M.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 18/09/2019

One of the best time management software

Pros

This helps a lot to manage (and evaluate) time used for different projects/tasks. It minimises the chance of unproductively. If, for any reason, we are inactive, it prompts and take action based upon the response. I find it very useful to organise work and also it maintains an honest relationship between remote team and office.

Cons

So far, can't think about any such thing to be written as cons.

Lon S. Lon S.

Reviewed on 23/09/2019

Great for working with Virtual Accountants

It has been very effective. I would recommend it to others.

Pros

Time Doctor helps me manage remote workers effectively. We have a distributed network of 250 franchisees. And many of our property management companies use remote workers and virtual assistants. I recommend it to all of them. It allows the company to audit the work of the remote employee, and it does not challenge the productivity of those employees while doing so.

Cons

I have had some difficulties getting the payroll to work easily with PayPal and Payoneer. But I am figuring it out.

Ethel B. Ethel B.

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

Keep up the good work!!!

It is very helpful to both me and my client because it gives us a correct information we need for our payroll time-tracking.
Keep up the good work and continue to give your good service.

Pros

I find Time Doctor very accurate, flexible in working hours for people who are working at home. It is easy to use with very organized interface.
I can track the amount of time I spend in administrative functions and It it gives me the ability to manage my time.

Cons

There are some instances that my Tracker stops without notifying me. But anyway, we can request to edit the time lost.

Bunty S. Bunty S.

Reviewed on 12/09/2019

A great tool to track payroll and hourly usage for all your projects

Overall happy with the software. Will use it continuously. I even track my own time as the owner on projects.

Pros

The Asana integration was by far the most helpful. It allows everything that we do have an hourly meter and corresponded cost to each project.

Cons

The customer support. It took weeks of follow up to everything, even to have a rep acknowledge that there is an issue.

Support's first instinct is to defer blame to an integration partner when there is an issue. It took another few months before support acknowledged that Time Doctor had a bug.

By the time the bug was fixed, I had to find a workaround for the problem and the solution was no longer applicable.

I commend the effort, but it just wasn't very helpful.

Bernardo D. Bernardo D.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 29/08/2017

Time Doctor is simply the best option to track time

working remotely I can still report my time, my absent reasons etc, its quite useful

Pros

its very easy to use, the dashboard is super useful to review your worked hours and most used apps, editing time records or absent reasons is very intuitive.

Cons

I just miss the ability to edit time from the apps ( windows and android), you can do it from the website so why not from the apps itself?

Rahul M. Rahul M.

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Perfect for scale the work

Great !

Good support as well.

Pros

Gives detailed information about what the user was doing on particular time slot with screenshot.
gives which sites has been accessed etc.
gives keystroke and mouse move counts which let me know how the developer working under me are doing there work.

Cons

Crashes sometimes.
Hangs the system some time.

Paolo ray O. Paolo ray O.
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

Best time tracking application with screenshots!

Pros

I love that it eats fewer computer resources and that it updates on the dashboard real time. I also like the fact that it doesn't remind you every time you are idle which makes other software annoying.

Cons

during the older version, the software was very buggy but with the recent updates to version 19, everything is going well!

Des F. Des F.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 16/10/2020

Time Doctor Relevance

I am happy with Time Doctor and I am very sure also our company.

Pros

I am a user of Time Doctor. It helps me streamline my tasks everyday with ease.

Cons

I understand that the screenshot feature is important to the company. I just find it very invasive since at one time I needed to check personal files and it was captured.

Palash S. Palash S.

Reviewed on 23/08/2021

Rockstar Tracking Software

Overall experience is great only a single feedback that needs to be improved

Pros

Screenshots, Activity across different browsers

Cons

Pops up even with constant activity doesn’t makes sense