Microsoft Outlook Reviews

About Microsoft Outlook

Microsoft Outlook is a free email and calendar solution designed for both personal, educational and business use. The software allows users to send, receive, and manage emails, plus book and track events and appointments in the...

4.1

Browse Microsoft Outlook Reviews

1,947 of 1,947 reviews
Tejas
Tejas
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 19/11/2022

Microsoft Outlook - Father of E-mail management

Outlook has helped us in our business management, the design of the app is great and also customization options in the e-mail are really helpful.

Pros

The best software and also the easiest to track your e-mails. Can work as a client and on the web too. Also there are tons of extensions you can integrate your outlook with to make it much more helpful.

Cons

The set-up from another e-mail client can be a little difficult but the result once you move to outlook is great,

Zoho Desk

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Outlook

Gmail was not really east to keep a track of all the mails and also the attachments are shown at the bottom of the mail which I don't think is helpful.

Joel
Joel
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 06/05/2022

Microsoft Outlook is probably the best email client, it is easy and productive

Microsoft Outlook is for me the best email client as it is very easy to find old emails, it has many filters and ways to organize all your emails and tasks and it has the calendar integrated. It is very easy to use and you can customize many features in the options section.

Pros

I did not realize how good Outlook was until I change to Gmail for professional purpose. Microsoft outlook shows a clean screen, it is easy to use, very intuitive and you can find almost everything you need very easily with its filter options. It has also many options to customize your experience.

Cons

People on my surrounding is very familiar with Gmail and having outlook means having another app just for email checking, but in a professional way, it's the best. Maybe the Gmail is more beautiful and they have more colours, but for professional use I think it's the best

Audrey
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Used daily for the last five years.

Very positive. Great for businesses to use daily.

Pros

The inbox has "Focus" and "Other" folders. You can expect less important emails to land in the Other folder, while important ones land in the Focus folder, all while staying separate from the Spam folder.

Cons

Sometimes, when I change my password at the office, it doesn't change on my computer at home. I'm not sure if it is operator error, or if it is a glitch with Microsoft.

Top Microsoft Outlook Alternatives

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 06/07/2023

Critical software for daily work, opportunities for improvement or implementing work arounds

Pros

The features that are most important and impactful for daily work include email management and communication. At its core, Outlook is able to achieve this and is considered a critical software for my role and our organization. I am able to send, reply, forward, and overall communication via email. I am also able to manage my inbox and subfolders.Outlook is relatively easy to use but there are some nuances that a new beginner would not be familiar with. Additionally, there are newer features that require more learning.Outlook integrates well with existing business processes and systems.

Cons

The search functionality could be significantly improved. I've never had good experience when trying to go back and search for a previous email. Typically, the default search shows way too much, including things that aren't relevant. And then when filtering down within the search, it does not show enough to aid in finding what I was looking for.I utilize the delay sending feature and it has been difficult to use. I've experienced some issues previously. It will not release emails related to appointment responses, which results in confusion and additional manual steps.

Vandana
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

Best ever product amalgamating email,diaries, to do list & Chat

This is the best product available free and also in the subscription format. Love how various aspects of everyday work life is integrated over various productivity tools to bring nito one seamless interface.

Pros

The ease of integrating calendar with the email and chat

Cons

Thatyou can no longer copy calendar events.

Corey

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

Outlook the app we all wanted to stay the same

I use and manage Outlook for several clients and MS changes it the interface way too often and clients cannot find buttons that used to be in the same place for years but someone at MS decides to move it - leave it alone please!

Pros

It is a decent email app in that it lets you receive and send emails

Cons

Now way to save your customizations and everyone has their own setup - would be great if this was something that could be saved and imported when a new profile is needed to be created because the old one corrupted!

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

I didn't...but my clients have no choice in many situations and setups
Teresa

Reviewed on 26/04/2024

Great email management app

Overall, Microsoft Outlook has been the best email application that I've used. So many options to manage inbox and ability to search all Outlook items to find an email.

Pros

I like the ability to set up rules for emails received daily that may not be needed. I also like that I can color code emails from a specific person.

Cons

There are more functionality that I haven't had the opportunity to use or learn.

Alyssa
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

I like it so much I use it for my personal email as well

I like Outlook so much that I use it for my personal email as well, not just my work accounts. I try to convince those I know to use it too!

Pros

Super user-friendly, with an organized layout. You can easily navigate your everyday needs and file as necessary. I create .oft files using Outlook which I send to clients and they use as event e-vites.

Cons

Really, I don't have any complaints on Outlook!

Nathalie
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 20/04/2024

You will use both the desktop and mobile version, trust me

It's by far the must used email application and the industry leader in email management.

Pros

I love that there's a mobile app which allows me to check my emails easily. Even when I leave the office for a bit, I can still stay on top of important messages.

Cons

There's nothing to dislike about Outlook. I use it daily.

Andressa
  • Industry: Automotive

All my emails

As I said previously, for me it is an essential tool for work and social life.
In addition to receiving and sending emails, I can save photos and documents.

Pros

Easy to use.
It is a very important tool for my work.

Cons

I can't remember a negative about Outlook.

Anibal

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

App Keeps getting every Year

Overall, I still love the app.

Pros

What I love about the software is the ability to add different email addresses. This saves my computer a ton of ram because I don't need to have those email opened on my browser.

I also love the ability how SharePoint and outlook are all connected, thus allowing me to use Power Query on a spreadsheet to view certain data I want to see or evaluate.

Cons

I don't like how the app still includes certain features on the web version that it isn't available on the app itself.

Web Outlook allows you to create a "Microsoft To Do Task" by just highlighting any text inside the body of your mail, meanwhile outlook as an app is unable to do so.

Also, I don't like that Outlook takes Storage away from my computer per every email I setup, so for those who´s got a laptop of 128GB or less. I don't personally recommend having too many accounts.
I manage 4 email and I had to keep one away because that mail was eating too much GB from my computer storage.

Jordan
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

Great Product, but could be more stable

Outlook is a great product and becoming more so all the time. It is the productivity application that our business can't live without. The feature updates in Outlook tend to introduce issues unfortunately. The Shared Mailbox experience could be improved, it is common to see Outlook become non-responsive when switching between shared mailboxes, even on high end computers and gigabit internet. The features and ease of use are really what make Outlook great.

Pros

* Constantly Evolving Powerhouse of features and functionality
* Dark Theme = love
* Focused Mailbox
* AI Driven daily summary driven by Cortana
* Hundreds of App integrations via Marketplace or 3rd party
* Robust Rule and Tagging/categorization ability
* Quick Steps help apply multiple actions to messages
* Scheduling of messages
* Devloper and customize templates
* Visual Basic advanced development
* Shared Mailboxes
* Group Mailboxes (Channels) that allow team collaboration and follow up
* Favorite your inbox and often accessed folders
* Team, Planner, and Personal Calendar all in a single overlayed view
* Scheduling and Meeting assistance
* Tasks, Contacts, and Sticky notes
* Search emails using filters and key phrases

Cons

* Microsoft's new release and development schedule is great for the addition of new and useful tools but is causing stability issues. It is common to have to repair Outlook and Office applications after a feature update.

* Adding shared mailboxes often causes Outlook to run slowly.

* Some serious optimizations are needed in the sync process to prevent Outlook hanging. I have to disable Downloading of Shared mailboxes, which is enable by default, on every computer Outlook is installed on

Google Workspace and Front

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

Power and Features. If Microsoft can optimize and add easier to use collaboration functionality we will continue to use Outlook indefinitely.
Mahmoud
Mahmoud
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 04/09/2022

Email in professional way

As an overall if you want a software for the personal purpose then it's up to you to choose between it or Gmail , but if you want it for the professional use , there's no any software better than Outlook

Pros

On a professional level, there is nothing better to communicate, I have worked with more than one company and did not see one of them using another tool to send emails.
The ability to sync to all devices is incredible , it also help you to manage important emails

Cons

Personally, I haven't had any problems with Outlook, it's really makes my life easily

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Outlook

As I said for the professional use , outlook more better than Gmail because the accessibility for the important emails more flexible

Lydia

Reviewed on 07/07/2022

User-friendly email/calendar software

Pros

I find Outlook to be very user-friendly email/calendar software, coming from someone who has used Google email/calendar products in all of my previous roles. It was simple to learn how to use it and I like that I was able to download the Outlook desktop app on my Mac. This allowed me to integrate my other email accounts and calendars to have all of my email accounts in one place and also sync my calendars in one place. I'm all about efficiency! I also actually like having desktop notifications which you don't get when using the web version of Outlook, though that is an option.

Cons

One thing I do not like is how email threads appear in my inbox differently depending on whether I am using a Mac or PC. This is difficult because I work hybrid and when I am in the office, I use a PC, but I use a Mac when working from home. The Outlook app is a little different in general on a Mac vs PC, understandably so since it is a Microsoft software, but it would be helpful if the features and overall experience were more streamlined to be the same across different operating systems as this would make the experience more consistent.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 28/09/2022

Review for outlook

It is not a program that I can use for my personal e-mails. It can be used in more workplaces.

Pros

I'm using this through the company. It works for large-scale companies for users to interact with each other. It is an ideal program with its ability to access information quickly in parts such as the address book, signature operations and many features. It allows to categorize mails by giving colors.

Cons

It needs to be updated and developed for macos software. Also, mails are sent later to the desktop application. This pushes people to use online. It can be made faster. I am not looking for the efficiency I want in the filtering part either. When I type in the search button, it has trouble finding an exact match.

Souleymane
Souleymane
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

The perfect email software for you.

Outlook is the ideal software for the email service of your company. It offers several advanced features to manage your company's emails effectively.

Pros

What I like about Outlook is that it offers all the email features that allow users to easily manage their emails. It also provides an integrated calendar for organizing meetings and appointments.

Cons

I have been using Outlook email for over 2 years in my company, and I haven't found any negative points. Outlook truly offers a high-quality email service.

Philip
Philip

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

Microsoft Outlook - My daily activity blueprint

My overall experience with Microsoft Outlook is highly positive. It allows me to stay in touch when I need to regardless of where I am or what device I am using at that moment. The automated response allows me to let people know when I am travelling or out on personal time and offer alternative contacts for immediate response. The ability to integrate with other platforms I use each day allows me to streamline my processes and optimize my time. And the Outlook calendar helps me remember all tasks great and small.

Pros

There are several things that I use Microsoft Outlook for on a daily basis. First, being able to easily sync to all devices and be able to respond to emails as quickly as possible helps me stand apart from my competition. The ability to create folders helps me keep communication with clients and prospects in an orderly fashion and makes them easy to find. I use HubSpot as my CRM and find that being able to integrate that with Outlook makes tracking opens of the emails I send very easy to do. Last, I don't know how lost I might be most days without getting my calendar reminders of things to do.

Cons

There are two things I would like to see be improved. I often have a bit of difficulty searching for a reminder on my calendar to confirm when I set that reminder for. I generally do not get any search results. The other thing I would like to see improved is not having to go in every so often and reset integrations that I have set up. As an example, I have to reset the email integration between Outlook and HubSpot. At times, this is quick and seamless, while other times it takes a bit of doing to reestablish the connection.

Laura
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 09/11/2022

Pleasantly surprised!

We use Outlook exclusively and coming from a company that didn't use Outlook, I was skeptical. I'd heard that Outlook was difficult to use, however, that was proven wrong. Using Outlook has been a positive experience and I wouldn't go back!

Pros

Honestly, there are many things I like about this software, but I will try to narrow it down to what I like the most, difficult, but here goes. I like the layout feature. On any given day I can have numerous meetings and emails, and sometimes those meetings change location/topic and I'm notified of those changes via email. The fact that I can view my calendar and emails makes it easy to have the details I need so I don't miss the communication and I can be where I need to be. I also like the 'Notes' and 'To Do' features. I can do a brain dump and know that it's all in the same area, I don't need another application. Pinning/flagging/ and rating the priority of emails makes organization simple and ensures the higher priority items are upfront so I don't miss them. Lastly, the option to have a video meeting when creating a calendar meeting is a win! I don't have to move from one application to another and risk missing details. It's all right there! Basically, the fact that all I need is in one place ensures my time is used effectively and efficiently and that is a WIN!

Cons

This is hard to say because I don't know how the back end of things works, that's why we have a tech team, but I've run into trouble when trying to log into my work email on a personal device (phone, computer). The layers of security are great for safety, but it's a pain when I can't get in touch with the tech administrator to give me the access code to log in. I appreciate the security aspect, but it makes the ease of use a bit more difficult initially.

Caroline

Reviewed on 05/07/2023

One of the best email client software solutions ever made

Overall, there is no denying that Microsoft Outlook is a great and stable product that has been there for quite a while and has a quite large user base.

Pros

One of the best things about Microsoft Outlook is the fact that it is available in all platforms: MacOS, windows, Android etc. The most powerful thing about Microsoft Outlook is the fact that is able to consolidate different emails from different providers, giving you one interface to manage multiple emails. This is a very good feature as far as efficiency and organization is concerned.Microsoft outlook also has a very powerful calendar and alert system that is very reliable as far as reminders are concerned, making it very unlikely to miss important meetings and events.Microsoft outlook also offers a very organized contacts management feature that helps you organize your contacts into groups and distribution lists for ease of use. Additionally, the auto-complete feature in the application makes it easy to find contacts that you have already used before making the process faster and more enjoyable.As expected, Microsoft outlook works very seamlessly with the other Microsoft products like Excel and Word.

Cons

It might need some bit of time to be comfortable with Microsoft Outlook. Some of its features might be intimidating for new users.

nguessan valery
nguessan valery

Reviewed on 07/07/2023

To manage my emails

I use Outlook very regularly. It has a lot of features and functions that are very useful for my daily e-mail management and organization. It's one of the best productivity tools you can have

Pros

Outlook is excellent for e-mail management. For me, who receives a lot of e-mail, it makes sorting and tidying easier. Sorting by color, sorting by folder according to contacts or certain criteria, sorting by contact group, chat conversation to follow up on the conversation according to the contact, and so on. It's packed with options and functionality. I like its calendar, which allows me to have an agenda directly in my mailbox. I also like the fact that I can schedule meetings directly from there, and send reminders directly to my contacts. Outlook is really great

Cons

PC software is difficult to configure. You need a professional to do it

Ben
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 23/02/2023

Much better than it's reputation

It allows us to organise e-mail and flow it into our other processes well.

Pros

It's pretty easy to use and, as you'd expect, integrates incredibly well into the Microsoft eco system. For example; I can flag an email in outlook and it shows up on my ToDo list app with all the info pre-filled.It has an extensive feature set and is a lot less clunky than it used to be, especially on mac/iOS where it's improved massively lately. You can create meetings in the calendar and have it automatically create and send Teams invites for those meetings if they're virtual without leaving outlook.

Cons

It can at times suffer from the usual Microsoft issue of toggles galore. Everything has a setting, which can be good, but also is sometimes just too much choice for the sake of it!

Thunderbird

Features, price, integrations.
Denise

Reviewed on 05/01/2023

MS Outlook

I feel MS Office is the best choice for a business. It is more secure than having a Google email account for your business and looks more professional.

Pros

MS Apps, along with a central calendar and a user-friendly email system, make this program worth the cost. The options to sort emails, the notification process, the ability to add tasks, as well as other apps from the MS family, makes it easier to handle your standard business needs.

Cons

Rules management is one of the most difficult items to use in MS Outlook. Once everything was set up, I thought the respective emails would automatically move to the folder created for them, but I guess I missed something in the setup. I don't know how to fix it and the help options really didn't answer my questions on this one.

Christina
Christina
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 07/05/2022

With Microsoft Outlook we receive our emails safely and professionally

My favorite feature of this program is the ability to automatically send meeting invitations to recently deleted folders and then retrieve them if necessary. I like this function since the inbox folder can only hold critical emails, and they aren't being forwarded to that folder. I enjoy being able to check other people's schedules so I can set up meetings and, if necessary, communicate with them directly. I enjoy the ease with which folders and emails can be established and organized.

Pros

Cons

Since there are so many features and connections, it might be a bit overwhelming to find out what each one does. You'll ultimately get the hang of it with a little tinkering. I'm still prone to accidentally archiving or deleting an email because of a few erroneous typos. Because of this, I've learned to pay attention to the buttons I press when in my Inbox.

Waleed

Reviewed on 23/04/2022

The best suitable method for all needs to manage and organize e-mail

Microsoft Outlook enables us to manage e-mail and organize meetings with high efficiency. The team keeps in touch and enables them to exchange messages quickly and get a complete picture of all updates.

Pros

Microsoft Outlook is easy to use and contains calendar, contacts and all the tools you need to manage everything related to your email in one place. Microsoft Outlook increases interaction with email, and you will be able to send messages in distinctive formats due to the strong integration with the rest of the Office applications, which makes it easy for you to insert texts and tables Format it as you wish. I love how email addresses are logged, adding notes, and scheduling meetings in simple steps. One of my favorite features of Microsoft Outlook is the ability to plan to send emails at specific times, it can also have meetings, tasks and contacts on many windows, which can be an excellent system for managing tasks between different employees who can delegate productivity throughout our company . I trust their security and the layers of protection they provide for data.

Cons

I don't think there's anything I dislike about Microsoft Outlook, it's easy to use and all the tools are crystal clear and designed to suit all needs.

Tia
Tia
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Easy interface, reliable and our company's email system used for private healthcare communicati...

As mentioned, Outlook is our main line of communication for our whole agency that is 5,000 plus employees and thats not counting the numerous outside providers we communicate with, with confidence that our communications are secure and private, there are many features we use in combination with this program. It has been sufficient and reliable for our entire agency.

Pros

Outlook is the trusted software our agency uses to communicate very sensitive information about our individuals and their care, knowing it is safe and private. There are many features of Microsoft software that we use such as Teams, Calendar, SharePoint, One Drive to coordinate meetings and care for our individuals served as well as share many documents agency wide in one place for all to access. The interface is easy to navigate and learn, there are many little features to customize your profile, emails etc.

Cons

On some occasions we have had little difficulty setting our automatic response messaging when going on vacation or will be out of the office, it will say that the feature is on but when you send a test email from a co-worker's email it doesn't always work. Probably a glitch as it doesn't always happen, just on occasion. Other than that I have had no other difficulties using Outlook.