Microsoft Outlook Reviews

About Microsoft Outlook

Microsoft Outlook is a free email and calendar solution designed for both personal, educational and business use. The software allows users to send, receive, and manage emails, plus book and track events and appointments in the...

4.1

Browse Microsoft Outlook Reviews

1,900 of 1,901 reviews
Tejas
Tejas
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 19/11/2022

Microsoft Outlook - Father of E-mail management

Outlook has helped us in our business management, the design of the app is great and also customization options in the e-mail are really helpful.

Pros

The best software and also the easiest to track your e-mails. Can work as a client and on the web too. Also there are tons of extensions you can integrate your outlook with to make it much more helpful.

Cons

The set-up from another e-mail client can be a little difficult but the result once you move to outlook is great,

Zoho Desk

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Outlook

Gmail was not really east to keep a track of all the mails and also the attachments are shown at the bottom of the mail which I don't think is helpful.

Joel
Joel
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 06/05/2022

Microsoft Outlook is probably the best email client, it is easy and productive

Microsoft Outlook is for me the best email client as it is very easy to find old emails, it has many filters and ways to organize all your emails and tasks and it has the calendar integrated. It is very easy to use and you can customize many features in the options section.

Pros

I did not realize how good Outlook was until I change to Gmail for professional purpose. Microsoft outlook shows a clean screen, it is easy to use, very intuitive and you can find almost everything you need very easily with its filter options. It has also many options to customize your experience.

Cons

People on my surrounding is very familiar with Gmail and having outlook means having another app just for email checking, but in a professional way, it's the best. Maybe the Gmail is more beautiful and they have more colours, but for professional use I think it's the best

Angela
Angela
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 29/06/2023

Advantages and some drawbacks

Pros

I have been using Microsoft Outlook for many years to manage my various email addresses. I am a Microsoft customer with the complete Office 365 package. Microsoft Outlook has several advantages and some drawbacks. Among the advantages, I definitely appreciate the ability to easily share the calendar with other collaborators and colleagues who work in different companies than mine. This is crucial for the work I do, and it can be effectively managed through Microsoft Outlook. I greatly appreciate the calendar function and the ability to install extensions like Grammarly or Quillbot for the English language. I also make frequent use of rules to organize folders.

Cons

One of the limitations of Outlook is its heaviness and lack of fluidity. I often encounter synchronization issues, and drafts of emails with attachments are automatically created even though I have simply created and sent them immediately. This is a problem that I have noticed other people experiencing years ago as well. Nevertheless, overall, I continue to use Outlook because it is convenient to manage multiple email addresses from a single mail client.

Top Microsoft Outlook Alternatives

Jade
Jade
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Its still one of the things Microsoft do best...

Since launching my own small business, Office365 has been a product that offers consistent value, reliability and without crazy price gouging. I looked at Google originally but this has been worth every dollar spent since I started.

Pros

Microsoft Outlook for Mac no longer feels like the poor cousin - its a full-featured, stable and secure email management platform and as part of the Office365 suite its perfect in my small business scenario. I have very few issues with it, and I know I can rely on it to keep my business communications well-organised and consistent.

Cons

The HTML formatting for Mac is still a fraction hit and its, but it does emails and email management well.

Muhammad Umair
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

Integrated email services with Windows operating system and Microsoft 365

For organizations, corporate and even industry it's a must have. It works for outside communication as well as inter company correspondence. Meanwhile it's data security and privacy is reliable.

Pros

The most appealing feature of Microsoft outlook is it's adaptability to let other email services synchronised simultaneous on a single page. Secondly file sharing track recoding of attachments and archive feature is highly collaborative. It works across all Microsoft 365 apps like word, excel and power point etc with which multi-tasking and multi dimensions office assignments are made easy.

Cons

With the recent update the size of the outlook software has become a bit heavier on computer hardware resources which suggest should be re worked to make it lite as web browser level.

Souleymane
Souleymane
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 21/08/2023

The perfect email software for you.

Outlook is the ideal software for the email service of your company. It offers several advanced features to manage your company's emails effectively.

Pros

What I like about Outlook is that it offers all the email features that allow users to easily manage their emails. It also provides an integrated calendar for organizing meetings and appointments.

Cons

I have been using Outlook email for over 2 years in my company, and I haven't found any negative points. Outlook truly offers a high-quality email service.

Tim

Reviewed on 11/09/2023

Good software, sort of bloated and can be difficult to navigate at times

Excellent program, I haven't seen anything else yet that compares.

Pros

Email features and scheduling features are straight forward and reliable. Having a program that combines email capabilities with scheduling capabilities is fantastic.

Cons

The depth of submenus you have to navigate to change what I would consider to be simple options. There's so many features that it's easy to get lost in the details.

Gmail and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

Well established program that runs pretty smooth most of the time. Support from Microsoft is likely to be ongoing and comprehensive with time.
Thomas
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 30/06/2023

MS Outlook Review

MS Outlook is easy to use and the seamless integration with other MS products makes it a very useful tool.

Pros

I like the way outlook integrates very well with the rest of the MS Office Suite. Most of my needs are available in the tool bar for Intergrated programs.

Cons

There are so many features I feel I haven't been able to see how useful they may be.

Kiran
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 30/06/2023

Excellent choice

Really satisfied with all the features and functionality that you have provided for this.

Pros

Inbox management , Email filtering, Critical notifications, Calender and the sunc between teams and ms office

Cons

Nothing that i didnt like about it, because outlook is doing a great job in making it worth to pay.

Reviewed on 26/04/2023

A robust solution to communicate by e-mail

Pros

Ease to integrate with no Microsoft e-mail accounts and a professional environment.

Cons

The frequent bugs. The confusing dual treatment with other Email native tool in Windows.

Anibal

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

App Keeps getting every Year

Overall, I still love the app.

Pros

What I love about the software is the ability to add different email addresses. This saves my computer a ton of ram because I don't need to have those email opened on my browser.

I also love the ability how SharePoint and outlook are all connected, thus allowing me to use Power Query on a spreadsheet to view certain data I want to see or evaluate.

Cons

I don't like how the app still includes certain features on the web version that it isn't available on the app itself.

Web Outlook allows you to create a "Microsoft To Do Task" by just highlighting any text inside the body of your mail, meanwhile outlook as an app is unable to do so.

Also, I don't like that Outlook takes Storage away from my computer per every email I setup, so for those who´s got a laptop of 128GB or less. I don't personally recommend having too many accounts.
I manage 4 email and I had to keep one away because that mail was eating too much GB from my computer storage.

Jordan
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

Great Product, but could be more stable

Outlook is a great product and becoming more so all the time. It is the productivity application that our business can't live without. The feature updates in Outlook tend to introduce issues unfortunately. The Shared Mailbox experience could be improved, it is common to see Outlook become non-responsive when switching between shared mailboxes, even on high end computers and gigabit internet. The features and ease of use are really what make Outlook great.

Pros

* Constantly Evolving Powerhouse of features and functionality
* Dark Theme = love
* Focused Mailbox
* AI Driven daily summary driven by Cortana
* Hundreds of App integrations via Marketplace or 3rd party
* Robust Rule and Tagging/categorization ability
* Quick Steps help apply multiple actions to messages
* Scheduling of messages
* Devloper and customize templates
* Visual Basic advanced development
* Shared Mailboxes
* Group Mailboxes (Channels) that allow team collaboration and follow up
* Favorite your inbox and often accessed folders
* Team, Planner, and Personal Calendar all in a single overlayed view
* Scheduling and Meeting assistance
* Tasks, Contacts, and Sticky notes
* Search emails using filters and key phrases

Cons

* Microsoft's new release and development schedule is great for the addition of new and useful tools but is causing stability issues. It is common to have to repair Outlook and Office applications after a feature update.

* Adding shared mailboxes often causes Outlook to run slowly.

* Some serious optimizations are needed in the sync process to prevent Outlook hanging. I have to disable Downloading of Shared mailboxes, which is enable by default, on every computer Outlook is installed on

Google Workspace and Front

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

Power and Features. If Microsoft can optimize and add easier to use collaboration functionality we will continue to use Outlook indefinitely.
Josh
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

Client or Webmail it's the best for business

Perfect for business. You can manage access to multiple mailboxes. You can delegate mailboxes. You can put restrictions on plugins if needed. Being able to customize retention policies based off of user and folder, is a huge win.

Pros

Very user friendly. Able to setup signatures, auto-replies and alerts easily. Integrates well with other programs like Zoom for meetings, JIRA for tickets, and several other options. Offers both a client version and a web version.

Cons

The client can be a little slow if the mailbox is very large. We have found it runs much faster on through webmail.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Outlook

Were looking for a better mailbox system. Mail within Notes was getting outdates.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

We like the admin tools and control that Outlook offered. It was built better for a business environment.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

A look at Outlook

When we're all experience is I would have to say on the positive side I use it daily and I have faith and it has never let me down and I believe in its security

Pros

The thing I liked most is the security that comes with Microsoft Outlook. They keep your email very secure and help with identity theft and also encrypt your email. Sometimes that can be a hassle but security is better than not having it just so you can get into your email faster.

Cons

What I like least is using Microsoft on an Android or Chromebook platform. You have to be signed in to your outlook and integrate it through your Chromebook to be in order to be able to send emails.

Google Alerts

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

I feel that Microsoft is a quality product and I've used it since it came out and I am familiar with it.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 05/11/2022

Good Email, contact and calendar tool

I use it every day overall is a powerful tool with tons of options used in conjunction wit Microsoft 365 it turns in imbatible couple.

Pros

It’s is a very well known product. It has a step learning curve compared with other tools but with a lot of features. Available in any platform or device and also with a strong and reliable web version (some features woks better on it).

Cons

It has a step learning curve, so if you want a simple email, contact and calendar management tool there’s a lot of different tools even free.Searching in Outlook is the worst experience I had in email tools, slow, not accurate, weird behavior…

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Outlook

Security features in conjunction with M365 subscription.
Philip
Philip

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

Microsoft Outlook - My daily activity blueprint

My overall experience with Microsoft Outlook is highly positive. It allows me to stay in touch when I need to regardless of where I am or what device I am using at that moment. The automated response allows me to let people know when I am travelling or out on personal time and offer alternative contacts for immediate response. The ability to integrate with other platforms I use each day allows me to streamline my processes and optimize my time. And the Outlook calendar helps me remember all tasks great and small.

Pros

There are several things that I use Microsoft Outlook for on a daily basis. First, being able to easily sync to all devices and be able to respond to emails as quickly as possible helps me stand apart from my competition. The ability to create folders helps me keep communication with clients and prospects in an orderly fashion and makes them easy to find. I use HubSpot as my CRM and find that being able to integrate that with Outlook makes tracking opens of the emails I send very easy to do. Last, I don't know how lost I might be most days without getting my calendar reminders of things to do.

Cons

There are two things I would like to see be improved. I often have a bit of difficulty searching for a reminder on my calendar to confirm when I set that reminder for. I generally do not get any search results. The other thing I would like to see improved is not having to go in every so often and reset integrations that I have set up. As an example, I have to reset the email integration between Outlook and HubSpot. At times, this is quick and seamless, while other times it takes a bit of doing to reestablish the connection.

Laura
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 09/11/2022

Pleasantly surprised!

We use Outlook exclusively and coming from a company that didn't use Outlook, I was skeptical. I'd heard that Outlook was difficult to use, however, that was proven wrong. Using Outlook has been a positive experience and I wouldn't go back!

Pros

Honestly, there are many things I like about this software, but I will try to narrow it down to what I like the most, difficult, but here goes. I like the layout feature. On any given day I can have numerous meetings and emails, and sometimes those meetings change location/topic and I'm notified of those changes via email. The fact that I can view my calendar and emails makes it easy to have the details I need so I don't miss the communication and I can be where I need to be. I also like the 'Notes' and 'To Do' features. I can do a brain dump and know that it's all in the same area, I don't need another application. Pinning/flagging/ and rating the priority of emails makes organization simple and ensures the higher priority items are upfront so I don't miss them. Lastly, the option to have a video meeting when creating a calendar meeting is a win! I don't have to move from one application to another and risk missing details. It's all right there! Basically, the fact that all I need is in one place ensures my time is used effectively and efficiently and that is a WIN!

Cons

This is hard to say because I don't know how the back end of things works, that's why we have a tech team, but I've run into trouble when trying to log into my work email on a personal device (phone, computer). The layers of security are great for safety, but it's a pain when I can't get in touch with the tech administrator to give me the access code to log in. I appreciate the security aspect, but it makes the ease of use a bit more difficult initially.

Caroline

Reviewed on 05/07/2023

One of the best email client software solutions ever made

Overall, there is no denying that Microsoft Outlook is a great and stable product that has been there for quite a while and has a quite large user base.

Pros

One of the best things about Microsoft Outlook is the fact that it is available in all platforms: MacOS, windows, Android etc. The most powerful thing about Microsoft Outlook is the fact that is able to consolidate different emails from different providers, giving you one interface to manage multiple emails. This is a very good feature as far as efficiency and organization is concerned.Microsoft outlook also has a very powerful calendar and alert system that is very reliable as far as reminders are concerned, making it very unlikely to miss important meetings and events.Microsoft outlook also offers a very organized contacts management feature that helps you organize your contacts into groups and distribution lists for ease of use. Additionally, the auto-complete feature in the application makes it easy to find contacts that you have already used before making the process faster and more enjoyable.As expected, Microsoft outlook works very seamlessly with the other Microsoft products like Excel and Word.

Cons

It might need some bit of time to be comfortable with Microsoft Outlook. Some of its features might be intimidating for new users.

Binny
Binny
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 22/07/2022

Best tool for email available in market!

My company has switched to AD and now we are using Outlook (admin and user) with MS Teams. They work amazingly good when coupled together. The are built to scale in enterprise networks. For small startup setup, this is not a good idea, but to scale to enterprise level, they provide you multiple secure ways to access and assess.

Pros

I have been using Outlook over 1 year or more now. I love the way teams can collaborate over Active Directory. Microsoft provides ease of use applications with their AD, outlook and teams are one of such. The way we can use the keyboard shortcuts in desktop app, feels like using native windows. I love their outbox thread, suppose the email is delayed for some reason, it will be there in outbox before reflecting it in sent items, this removes any discrepancy that could take place. But I love the encrypted emails feature, which I have never noticed in rivals yet.

Cons

Well apart from just good talk, I have few things to highlight too. OOF message (Automatic replies) are to be set manually each day, why cannot we automate it for each day in upcoming week?
Also, there should be a feature of email templates, which I did not find. When we have multiple email formats we have to store it in notepad and later copy paste, this things are something which needs to be considered while purchasing this product.

nguessan valery
nguessan valery

Reviewed on 07/07/2023

To manage my emails

I use Outlook very regularly. It has a lot of features and functions that are very useful for my daily e-mail management and organization. It's one of the best productivity tools you can have

Pros

Outlook is excellent for e-mail management. For me, who receives a lot of e-mail, it makes sorting and tidying easier. Sorting by color, sorting by folder according to contacts or certain criteria, sorting by contact group, chat conversation to follow up on the conversation according to the contact, and so on. It's packed with options and functionality. I like its calendar, which allows me to have an agenda directly in my mailbox. I also like the fact that I can schedule meetings directly from there, and send reminders directly to my contacts. Outlook is really great

Cons

PC software is difficult to configure. You need a professional to do it

Yaroslav
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

IF you HATE Gmail - you will LOVE Outlook!

I use outlook for my personal projects and work. Generaly, I am working on google ecosystem, but I managed to make it work for me as I have several accounts on google and microsoft and some issues would be inevitable.
Outlook for me is a great email tool that I use when I am in the hurry or ant to create something on the nice software with great interface!

Pros

Outlook is am amazing email management tool.
I have started using during my years in the university as it was using microsoft ecosystem.
At first it felt unfriendly after gmail, but after little time I noticed an amazing UI/UX, I played around to discover the possibilities, extentions and functionality and it is awesome!

All you have about gmail is simply gone here.
Of course, it has some flaws, but in general, it give you everything in terms of email management (personal or business)

Cons

Microsoft ecosystem in general is a drawback here. If you are a poweruser like myself, you are probably familiar, how hard it is to switch from one ecosystem to another. Yes, outlook is great, but is onedrive better then google drive? - hard to say. Many people like google drive.
And now we have google photos as well, and google calendar. All work perfectly together and if you switch to outlook, something might be lost.
This is the biggest drawback.

Overal, outlook is very nice product and I am happy to see its evolution into something better each year!

Ben
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 23/02/2023

Much better than it's reputation

It allows us to organise e-mail and flow it into our other processes well.

Pros

It's pretty easy to use and, as you'd expect, integrates incredibly well into the Microsoft eco system. For example; I can flag an email in outlook and it shows up on my ToDo list app with all the info pre-filled.It has an extensive feature set and is a lot less clunky than it used to be, especially on mac/iOS where it's improved massively lately. You can create meetings in the calendar and have it automatically create and send Teams invites for those meetings if they're virtual without leaving outlook.

Cons

It can at times suffer from the usual Microsoft issue of toggles galore. Everything has a setting, which can be good, but also is sometimes just too much choice for the sake of it!

Thunderbird

Features, price, integrations.

Reviewed on 08/04/2023

The problem with Microsoft is...

Pros

Office 365 works well, is reasonably easy to implement, and does what need it to do

Cons

Microsoft pushes all their new stuff on you. They don't advise you that there are certain features, improvements, etc. -- they install it without advising you. Example --Focused email. Woke up one day to find my email a mess. Had to figure out what the heck some MS idiot did to my system and change it back to how I wanted it. So I figured it out and fixed it. Then bought a new phone, installed Outlook, synced with my computer, and a few days later the Outlook on the phone has been messed with by MS -- They changed Outlook on MY phone without MY permission and made changes I don't want. This is 0 on a scale of 1-whatever. One has to use the tools that are available, and big companies like MS take advantage of that and complicate your life by pushing their "new stuff" on you instead of informing you and letting you decide what you want/need. All the mores self-centered and idiotic as they don't make a penny more off me, they just waste my time for nothing.

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 04/09/2021

Great software for working professionals

I am very happy with Microsoft Outlook. The web application is good but the windows application is the best. I have been using it as my school account and now at the company. Overall I am very happy with the product. It's easy to use for anyone. You can simply attach pictures into the body of the email which can then be viewed by the receiver without having to download them first.

Pros

It's easy to use and setup. You can register your microsoft account, school email account, office account or any 3rd party account. When sending email with picture attachments, you can copy them into the text area and these can be directly viewed in the email body without having to download them to my machine. Also archiving is super easy with multiple options of applying rules as to which emails need to be archived. I used it when I was in school and now I am using it professionally, and I am happy with it.

Cons

I am not sure if this can be done but I would like to see email recall option if the reciever has not opened the email yet. This saves space on the cloud if I have sent a wrong email and need to correct and resend. Also, it would help in avoiding miscommunication since the old and erroneous email would be deleted from the inbox.

Jon
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 27/04/2022

Microsoft Outlook

Overall I am happy with the product and find it very helpful in my day to day work.

Pros

I have been using Outlook for Mac for over 10 years. The most recent updates to the product brought some nice features that I use regularly. One of my favorite is the snooze feature that allows me to move a message to the top of my inbox so I can take care of it the next day. I also like the ability to schedule my emails to send at a later time or date. The search feature in the Outlook desktop version has greatly improved from past versions and allows me to quickly locate old emails.
I also use the calendar and scheduling features quite a bit. The ability to check other people's schedules when setting a meeting is very helpful.
The focused inbox feature has also been a nice addition. This feature makes it easy to concentrate on business related emails and sends advertisements from companies to another inbox.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints about the Outlook Desktop version. On the mobile version, I have found that the search function does not always pull up all the information that I am looking for.