About Spendwise

Spendwise is a cloud-based system that helps businesses and other organizations track, manage and control spending. Users can create purchase orders, submit them for approval, approve or reject them, and email them directly to...

Browse Spendwise Reviews

Lisa B.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Now I Know

Wish we would have purchased this system earlier. This is our first budget cycle when we have full visibility into all of our costs plus we are now able to manage inventory and fulfilment in one system. We love it if you couldn't tell!! :)

Pros

This software has solved the age old issue of knowing what everyone is spending throughout the organization. We connect all the procurement pieces in one system from purchase requisition through final invoice payment and it's cut our time to process payment by over 50%!

Cons

None really. It connects to QuickBooks and the training to get everyone using the system was minimal.

Caleb O.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 26/12/2017

This software is the best for making quick and easy purchase orders

Its nice to be able to reference each PO just by looking it up in the search box by the PO number

Pros

Office wise is able to save product titles and price to quickly fill out the po and send it out.
I like that it is fast and easy to use. You are even able to email right from the PO.

Cons

I don't like that there is a new area that has to be set of what folder you would like to have it in after it mailed out. That slows down the process.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your review Caleb! Not sure what you mean by setting folder you would like to have PO in after it is mailed out. If you are referring to approval folders (i.e. Inbox, Not-submitted, Rejected, Pending) the system should assign automatically depending on the approval status of the PO. I will follow-up with you to make sure I understand and help resolve.

Replied 26/12/2017
Emeka O.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 04/08/2018

This is a great accounting and financing software for businesses.

Pros

I like that it's really affordable. It's also intuitive, and with time, it becomes a great time saver when it comes to managing finances.

Cons

I don't really have an issue with this software that stands out as a con.

Top Spendwise Alternatives

Lisa L.

Reviewed on 04/10/2017

Generally good

Pros

The software provides inventory control, sales, and purchasing tools all in one easy to use application that is not overly priced.

Cons

The inability to modify inventory type (inventory vs non-inventory) after creation. It would be a major improvement to allow you to change the type instead of having to create a new item.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Lisa. I understand your point about allowing users to modify type so that you don't have to create a new item if you want to change. The tricky part is what to do with past transactions since they would have been handled in the system based on type when they were recorded. We think it is important to be consistent with how different types of transactions are handled in the system but also feel it is important to maintain the integrity of historical data. That said we are always open to new ideas on how we can improve the system and I will follow-up with you directly to further discuss.

Replied 10/10/2017
Clint F.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 04/10/2017

Quick and Easy, ideal for small companies.

Organized our procurement process in a beneficial and productive way.

Pros

This software took our company from a convoluted excel based system to an organized and easy to use software platform that we love.

Cons

This software lacks a few features that would be helpful but overall not critical. Being able to track lead times, order numbers, and being able to pull that list by project would be very helpful. The software would also benefit from being able to communicate with other software systems, like quickbooks.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Clint. The system does include order numbers and tags which are often used for project spend tracking and I have some ideas on how you can use due dates and other features to track lead times. I will follow-up with you directly to further discuss and see how we can improve. As for communicating with other software systems I agree that we can do better and it is on our "to do" list. For now I am wondering if our data import/export features can help you get you what you need and will follow-up with you to review.

Replied 10/10/2017
Carlos P.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 20/07/2017

Easy to use platform on a day to day basis.

Easy PO creation and tracking.

Pros

Search function is great to find other users PO's. The interface is very well done and easy to find what you need.

Cons

Certain restrictions at specif user levels are not customizable. The approval process could be improved on.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your review Carlos! We are always looking for ways to improve Officewise and appreciate your feedback. I will follow-up with you directly to see what we can do to improve user access customizations and the approval process.

Replied 20/07/2017

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

The most affordable, feature-rich option out there!

Officewise has helped us take control of our spending which has helped increase profit within the first few months!

Pros

Easy to learn and use, the features we need are built-in and we didn't have to do a lot of customization!

Cons

We still need to learn how to integrate the software with some of our accounting systems - we feel that training would help. Hopefully, we are able to find some help with this. I'm not sure we have been able to reach a live human yet - but maybe we need to try a littler harder.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback. We would love to help however we can and can be reached at 1-855-906-3300 or you can send an email with your contact info to [email protected] and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

Replied 09/12/2017

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Just the right fit for our business and it's needs

Searchability, muti-user, traceability, cost tracking, easy access, printable, emailable, remote access

Pros

Readily searchable, multi-user platform that serves our small 27 person well. We track all our requisitions and purchases for raw materials, detail parts and lab-ware that are procured daily from over 30 suppliers around the globe.

Daniel H.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Budget Friendly

Great for any business with a budget of any amount

Pros

It helps get the business a great way to look at the budget in a new way and a lot easier than you think.

Cons

None and it helps with the stress and frustration of budgeting for any small business in town too as well.

Cecil P.

Reviewed on 09/04/2017

Easy to use.

Overall my experience with Officewise has been good. If I can figure out how to use something, anyone can. The only difficulty I've had is when I access my account via my "smartphone".

Pros

Ease of use. I have no secretarial, business, or accounting background and I was able to figure out how to use this program.

Cons

Not mobile friendly. At least with my phone. May be on my end and not program's.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Cecil. We have plans for a mobile app and in the mean time try to make our site as mobile friendly as possible. Not sure exactly why it isn't working so well on your phone but will follow up with you directly to see what we can do about fixing.

Replied 10/04/2017
Harold W.

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Implemented this software in our company more than a year ago. Works well. Seldom any issues.

Pros

Ease of use and reliability. Good / fair cost for the system. The system is well maintained and supported. No issues for the role this system in our operation. The system is well maintained and supported.

Cassim J.

Reviewed on 28/07/2017

Easy To Use

I found it to be very efficient and easy to use.

Pros

I love the fact that this product is easy to use, especially the fact that I can send PO to the office conveniently. I love it!

L.a. V.

Reviewed on 03/05/2017

Easy to use, cost effective, effective

Pros

The software is uncomplicated, easy to use, and cost effective for small business. Use it primarily for the PO function.

Cons

each user can only view their own. Would suggest at least view option for other PO's created in system. edit not necessary.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your review and feedback. I did want to clarify that the system does allow you to see all purchase orders depending on the access granted to you by the Admin on your account. My guess is that the Admin on your account has limited your access to only your purchase orders. I will followup with you and the Admin on your account to see if that is the case and show how access can be changed if that is what's wanted.

Replied 03/05/2017
Matthew S.

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

No glaring issues. Rather simple to navigate to extract needed information

Pros

User friendly and easy to navigate. Timely notifications when there are items to review for approval.

Cons

Searching for specific items without knowing an exact date or purchase order number is slightly cumbersome.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for the feedback Matthew! We agree that search functionality could be improved and will be working on this in the coming year. I will follow-up with you to further discuss how we can improve.

Replied 18/12/2017
Angelique G.

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

I can get Purchase Orders done quickly

That I am able to create a purchase order and duplicate it. It stores my contact info and I am able to reference that if I need the info in a hurry.
I can also guesstimate the cost (which does go up from year to year,) but I have an idea of what each event will cost for my marketing budget based on the history of these Purchase Orders

Pros

That I can copy P.O.'s because it allows me to work faster. I schedule events and this allows me to copy the same information and create a P.O. and same me time on data entry.

Cons

That in the notes box where you would put the contact info, etc., you have a limited amount of space.

David C.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

This product is very well thought of, and provides good support for a company that needs to create custom purchase orders on the fly. It also makes it easy to maintain a database of products to make it easy to create new purchase orders. I've been using this product for years, and have enjoyed seeing it develop into what it is today.

Pros

Inexpensive
Adds options for repeat purchase orders and products

Cons

Have to setup everything before using it, can't just add a product that you want to save based on what is entered, you have to save it first.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback David! You should be able to add products on the fly by clicking on the down arrow in the Item field and clicking on "Add New..." at the top of the dropdown list. I will follow-up with you to make sure I understand the issue so it can be resolved.

Replied 28/09/2016

Reviewed on 07/04/2019

Very confusing!

I had an overall negative experience.

Pros

There wasn't much that I enjoyed about this software program to be quite honest.

Cons

I thought that the layout was very difficult to follow. The customer service was horrible. The software always seemed to be freezing up on me. It made easy tasks seem to take forever to accomplish.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy using our system. We would love to learn more about how we can improve the layout and our customer service. Our system is web-based and we have not received any other reports of it freezing so would like to further discuss to see if there is anything we can do on our end to improve performance. If you are open to further discussing please let us know when/how best to reach you or contact us at [email protected] or 1-855-906-3300.

Replied 08/04/2019
Mohit G.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

System Analyst

Organized and easy to use software platform.Easy, quick and ideal for small companies.

Pros

Very simple design and ability to use a variety of categories to search through data.

Cons

Duplicate items not able to delete and manual system could take day.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback. The system disallows users from creating more than one item with the same Item ID to prevent duplication, however, if you add the same item using a different Item ID duplication is possible. If you need to delete an item you can as long as you have not used the item in a saved transaction. If you want to remove an item that has been used in a saved transaction we recommend marking the item "Inactive" in the item record. I will follow-up with you directly to further discuss.

Replied 19/12/2018
Michelle M.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Good but needs more customization

the ability to filter out my PO's to report on end of year expenses.

Pros

abilty to sort the POS. The ability to filter. The ability to attach files to PO, add comments to it

Cons

Have to use the Admin to manually add the Project ID to align the PO to that project in order to select it from drop down list.

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Michelle. Agree we could make the system more customizable including allowing users who are not Admins the ability to create project IDs. Will discuss internally to see if we can add to our near term "to do" list.

Replied 09/12/2017
Mark F.
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 07/12/2016

Easy to use.

I have used Officewise for some time now. I enjoy the easy to use features and would recommend it to anyone looking for a cloud-based PO system.

Dan C.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

Sustainable Solutions

Great experience working with the software. I am a small business and the platform is easy for my staff. As I get larger I see myself using more of your services.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

If I had to list something, the difficulty in adding my logo

Response from Officewise

Thank you for your feedback Dan. We agree that adding a logo during the set up process could be made easier. We have added it to our to do list and will try to include it in our next release.

Replied 02/11/2016
Dana R.

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

I use thie program on a very regular basis for the office. I am always pleased.

Pros

The software is easy to use and a great resource for our purchase order system. The layout is self-explanatory. Even the most unexperienced user can have a successful experience

Krishna Y.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 15/06/2020

Spending management made easy-Spendwise

My overall experience with spendwise is great and definitely recommend to my friends or colleagues.

Pros

Spendwise made it easy on eliminating unnecessary costs and making better decisions. It stores all of your data at one place securely where you can access it from anywhere at any time.

Cons

Sometimes when there is a software update, it becomes difficult to navigate through the new changes. With a lack of manual or training, updates can take time to get used to.

Zenen O.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 07/10/2016

It is a great working tool

easy to create purchase orders, help you with the inventory and save all about each item; price, units, etc. It save time and is very professional.

Chelsea M.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Reviewed on 16/04/2019

Spendwise is a Nice Product

Pros

I like Spendwise because it is a place to keep track of budgets and reporting. It is easy to use and keeps a lot of information in one place.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about Spendwise.