Constant Contact Reviews

About Constant Contact

Constant Contact delivers for small businesses with tools to simplify and amplify digital marketing. Whether it's driving sales, growing a customer base or engaging an audience, Constant Contact aims to help users build strong...

4.1

Rahul
Rahul
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 05/01/2024

Best in segment with rich stats and easy to use

I like Constant Contact for its simplicity and full of features.

Pros

The process of designing templates is very easy, contacts can be easily imported and can be managed using list and segments.

Cons

Small features like Mobile View Testing is a paid feature

Marie

Reviewed on 02/02/2024

Tons of features and customizations for a super affordable price!

Pros

For less than your weekly Starbucks expenses, you can tap into powerful marketing and client engagement! Wondering how you're supposed to "follow up" or keep in touch with past clients? Simply create a weekly or bi weekly personalized email to your database to stay top of mind! Loving Constant Contact!

Cons

A few hick ups in the email creation process, and wish there was a few more automatic ways to keep contacts and database updated...

Reviewed on 22/01/2024

Excruciatingly Painful To Use This Tool

If the decision was up to me, I would move to a more intuitive platform with a better UX.

Pros

Not a thing. I have used many CRMs, lead gen and email at scale tools. I have never used a tool so clunky and complicated as this. I am opening support tickets on a daily basis, this tool seems outdated, too complex and more often than not leaves me frustrated and takes me away from my work.

Cons

There isn't even a title field available to fill out when adding new contacts to an account. Examples like this cause redundancy. I have noticed a lot of bugs, and struggle with the clunky interface. When you import contacts via CSV they then can't be added to your workflows easily and requires the process to be very manual, defeating the purpose. I have had to request support almost on a daily basis while I have appreciated the help of [sensitive content hidden], I can't help help but feel like things should not be this complex. I never had this much difficulty when using other platforms like salesforce, hubspot, salesloft and could easily use their platforms without in depth training, they were intuitive out of the box.

Top Constant Contact Alternatives

Jade
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Full-functional Website Builder & Email Marketing Software

Pros

The best aspect about Constant Contact is how it offers not only e-mail marketing tools but also landing pages and website builder capabilities.

Cons

What I was missing on mobile application was updated during the last update on my Android system.

Cynthia

Reviewed on 09/01/2024

Exploring the Versatility of Constant Contact's Campaigns

Customer engagement and conversions have increased as a result of the platform's significant improvement in email marketing efficiency.

Pros

The automation features of Constant Contact help us to better nurture leads and interact with our audience by allowing us to set up and automate email campaigns. Our subscriber lists are easier to organise and segment thanks to Constant Contact's contact management tools.

Cons

It could take more time and training materials to become proficient in more sophisticated features like personalised automation and detailed segmentation.

Reviewed on 31/12/2023

Constant Contact's Journey in Marketing Brilliance

We can now make data-driven decisions and improve our engagement strategies thanks to this fantastic platform.

Pros

With a vast library of expertly created templates, campaigns can get off to a fast start and meet a variety of needs. We can better comprehend open rates and click-through rates with the help of the comprehensive analytics dashboard, which offers actionable insights.

Cons

It is not possible to fully customise templates in accordance with particular branding specifications.

Nedim

Reviewed on 04/02/2024

Great tool for newsletter management

Would recommend it for small medium size businesses and startups as you have the whole package to sart with.

Pros

One of the best software you can find for newsletter management and set up with ease. Lot of pre build layouts, custom options and lead capture options.

Cons

Pricing is more than other similar providers on the market. But, it gives some head starts in comparation with others.

Kristi
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 03/02/2024

Good tool-- easily scalable

Pros

I liked the included templates, email management and straightforward pricing.

Cons

You cannot use as a database management tool and keep your costs low-- once you upload a list of emails, the number of emails dictate the total price you pay- even if you are just sending a handful of emails.

Leland

Reviewed on 19/01/2024

Easy to use - good functionality

It's generally easy to use, although customizing templates/themes seem a little more complicated. Engagement tracking is very helpful.

Pros

I like the ease of setting up, craft, and design emails/campaigns.

Cons

The use of contact lists and segments is confusing.

Yousef
Yousef

Reviewed on 28/12/2023

Constant Contact review

I have a long experience with Constant Contact and I recommend everybody to deal with this great site.

Pros

The most feature that I liked is the calendar of Constant Contact because it organizes your work and you can see it in one glance.

Cons

The least thing I liked about Constant Contact that the writers should improve their content and depending on the content, they have to set the price.

Steve

Reviewed on 10/07/2020

Closed my account without notice or cause, customer service is friendly but poorly trained

This was the worst experience I have ever had, with any company, for any reason. It set my company back days of work. Do not use Constant Contact.

Pros

If someone were able to use Constant Contact without ever contacting customer service and if they didn't have a reputation for closing accounts, their interface is adequate for its intended purpose. It's possible to send E-Mails that appear as they do in the editor and their statistics for E-Mails that are actually able to be sent are presented well.

Cons

I spent 2 hours and 47 minutes on the phone waiting for their "deliverability team" to answer a question about SPF and DKIM and bounced messages, over six calls, before I finally gave up. I was never able to get in touch with anyone who know what he or she was talking about. I figured out the answer myself through a Google search hours later.

When I signed up for Constant Contact, a salesperson called me to upsell their services and asked what industry I was in, so I told her. I used the service for a month and spent hundreds of dollars to have my employees investigate their API.

Eventually, I complained to them about their poor wait times and someone called me to apologize. I spent 25 minutes on the phone with her and she told me I would get a 25% discount and they would get back to me about that in a few hours. After a few hours, instead of a discount, they sent me an E-Mail saying my account was closed because I was associated with an industry where I might send spam. I had only sent one message in the history of the account.

That's after I had told them before what industry I was in, and after I was helpful to them for 25 minutes of uncompensated time to tell them what was wrong with their customer service.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Their customer service agents called me and seemed like they were more helpful than the agents would be at their competitors. That turned out to be an erroneous assumption.
Lisa

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

We think of Constant Contact as one of our team members!

Always a great experience using Constant Contact ... and on the very rare occasion when I may have a question or concern, their Customer Support is excellent.

Pros

Constant Contact makes it super easy to stay in touch with our association members as well as to create various marketing campaigns.

Cons

The only negative I have is with pricing. While Constant Contact provides tremendous value, and offers fantastic savings for a subscription paid annually (which is a good thing) ... for us as a non-profit, it is easier budget-wise for us to pay monthly, so we are not able to take advantage of the bigger discount. It would be helpful if Constant Contact allowed those same savings to be applied for non-profits who pay monthly ... especially since we have been a long-time customer.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

At the time (about 10 years ago), we had been with cvent for a few years, and their e-mail module was not at all user-friendly. Moving to Contact Contact was the best thing we ever did for our marketing efforts.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

I had heard great things about Constant Contact, so I recommended it for our association to try. No regrets ... it was the best decision, and we have no intention of switching to any other e-mail program.
Cheryle

Reviewed on 09/12/2020

Review for Constant Contact

Constant Contact has been a wonderful marketing tool and I have seen results. I love the ability to see who has opened my emails in real time, as I can immediately reach out to them while the contact is "hot".

Pros

Very user friendly, but the most important feature is their customer service. I always get a real person right away when I have a question or need support. Helpful templates were there when I first got started, and they continue to be available. Their email functionality allows me to tract my emails and see who opens it (all in real time).

Cons

I have been using this software for years, and I have no complaints. I am a one person business, with about 15,000 customers, so my database is not as robust as larger companies might need for marketing. I do not use Constant Contact for videos, slides, etc.

Megan
Megan
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 08/10/2021

Useful, Consistent, Not Always User Friendly

In general, I prefer Constant Contact over MailChimp, but it could be because I'm used to it (been using it for 10+ years) and because it's cheaper for the amount of contacts we have. I also like that I can do surveys through it. MailChimp also didn't seem any more user-friendly than Constant Contact when I tried to work with it a few times.

Pros

The email templates and survey features are really helpful. We can also connect their email lists into our website pretty easily. It's nice to have one paid service that sends out emails AND sends out surveys. MailChimp doesn't offer both features in one, so it's why I stick with Constant Contact. It's also cheaper than MailChimp for the amount of contacts we have. It's expensive, but it's the best one we've found.

Cons

It's not very user-friendly to make the edits I'd like in the actual emails I'm making. There aren't very many templates useful to us, so oftentimes, I end up making my own template and then saving it. The photos don't always load easily when I pull up our photo album, but it does eventually work when I mess with it a bit. My colleagues oftentimes have difficulty with using it as they're not as used to it as I am, so I wouldn't say it's user-friendly off the bat. It takes a learning curve for sure.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

It would have been us making a switch from Constant Contact to MailChimp as Constant Contact was what we already had. I didn't feel like MailChimp was worth switching everything over, so I have just stayed with Constant Contact.
Sheri
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

An email marketing platform that works!

Pros

We signed up with Constant Contact in somewhat a state of desperation, after having no luck with other platforms to do what we wanted them to. We were looking for an email marketing platform that would effectively take our data and create merge fields that worked, had the ability to segment lists, and also provided detailed reports including who had opened it, who had not unopened it and had the ability to re-send with one-click to everyone who had not opened a specific email. We also wanted a platform where we could create our own customizable template that still had a professional appearance. Constant Contact did all this for us, and our customers have been commenting on how the communication we're sending them "looks professional, has a consistent look, and always has relevant content". We couldn't have achieved this without Constant Contact!

Cons

The one disadvantage with Constant Contact is that anyone that has the same email address is merged into one contact. This has been a small issue for us where we want to keep both contacts names even though they have the same email address. We have been able to work around this by asking all our customers with duplicate email addresses to update their email address.

Michele
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

Invaluable Tool for A Small Business or ANY Business

Constant Contact revolutionized the way we communicate with our clients to let them know what's coming up in our issues and how they can participate (our magazine is 100 percent supported by advertising) and our readers (each month we create an email "alert" with Constant Contact which lets our readership know that our free digital issue is now available online). My whole staff knows how to use it and it can be adapted to a great variety of communication purposes. Clients can download our rate kits from a Constant Contact email; readers can link to our issues from it. It has lowered our print bills for collateral materials immensely. No more printed flyers or brochures! And no more use of snail mail — clients can receive your Constant Contact mail immediately or at a pre-scheduled time.

Pros

Very easy to use. If you know how to upload an image or a graphic, you can create eye-catching emails or newsletter style communications very easily and modify or update them frequently and quickly. The analytics -- to see the percentage of recipients who opened your email and exactly which person did or didn't, the bounce rate which allows you to keep your lists current, and many other features are not only helpful but simple to use.

Cons

As time has gone on, the cost has increased, but it still saves us a great deal of money because our postage costs have gone way down. We hardly ever use our postage meter anymore for marketing mailings. It's all done through Constant Contact. They used to have a free desktop "widget" that allowed you to input an email address right from your desktop, but that has now been discontinued. It was extremely convenient for the way we do business. There are now other ways (paid) you can connect directly to Constant Contact to have new email addresses input, but we have not been successful at getting them to interface for us, even though they are supposed to work. Constant Contact support was not helpful on this at all -- this happened recently and was really our only disappointment with them EVER!

Lacy
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 27/05/2022

Outdated service

In general, Constant Contact feels like a software built decades ago that's bolted on features over time instead of a well-designed, intentionally integrated solution. Templates are old fashioned. Automations are limited. (For example, a welcome email cannot be a series.) Old sign-up forms are maintained, but weren't migrated to the new functionality, so we'd have to rebuild each one to modernize them. Custom contact fields are limited to text or date. Missing details like this add up to each project taking more time than it should.

I suspect Constant Contact was a front-runner in the early days, but there are better email marketing solutions now at a similar or lower price point that offer a coherent, simple-to-use, and modern product. This was one of the first SaaS products I replaced with another service when I took over my job.

Pros

Drag-and-drop email builder is straightforward, and I appreciate the polling and RSVP functionalities. It's easy to collaborate with team members on the same projects (but not on a variety of projects -- see below). Overall the naming and location of items is intuitive, which makes it easy to find your way around if you've used other email marketing software. I like the ability to get a url to past email campaigns.

Cons

The templates and functionality are outdated, and it takes time to build out customized elements that fit with a modern aesthetic. Support is so-so; other service providers (such as MailerLite) have raised the bar with quick response times that Constant Contact just doesn't offer.

This product works best for a single user or two. The list, segments, and tagging attributes offer flexibility, but they get out of hand quickly when used for multiple goals or by different teams. This email marketing service has been the hardest for us to keep clean. Additionally, there is a single unsubscribe form, which doesn't make sense when different teams use the same service.

The search function for past campaigns doesn't work well, so it takes time to riffle through the list to what we need. This is how many of the features work: they're probably there, but it takes time to get what you need.

Jhonjerlyn

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

An excellent system to create campaigns and send them in a general way to registered customers.

The overall experience gained with this platform has been amazing, it has improved the marketing system within our company on a large scale, giving them a system where we can easily understand the interest in those customers as well as measure all the responses from each on our campaigns. Sending campaigns from this platform is extremely easy, because we have imported all the contacts in these clients and it is only enough to press a button to send the specific campaign to all registered clients. This platform also has an excellent integration system, which has allowed us to integrate this system, to the CRM platform, to be able to carry out negotiations by transferring the clients obtained f rom the advertising campaign. I'm happy with the results offered with this platform, it has helped me to obtain an excellent return on inverstment for the campaign created.

Pros

Constant Contact is a great platform to create all kinds of advertising campaigns, and send them to all the necessary clients, its capacity to create campaigns is superior to the competition, which helps the campaigns to be unique, with a quite different design. What I like the most about this platform is that it offers a different system to create advertising campaigns, within this platform you can create campaigns through code programming, and you can also create campaigns through the drag and drop editor, in this way, it will not be necessary that you have a programming experience, to create really attractive campaigns. Another thing that I like is that they allow nice real-time campaigns, I can see the progress of each one of them in real time, I can check how many clients have accessed the campaign and how many clients are missing to access it, like this as well as I can know from which region the visits to the campaigns come from. Lastly, I love the graphical analysis and diagrams that this platform offers me. I can see diagrams that help me predictively understand the trend that traffic is having in these campaings.

Cons

I really don't have any kind of problem with this campaign creation platform, at all times it has behaved wonderfully and has offered me a fairly stable platform, in which I can create campaigns from any device and you can monitor those from anywhwere, their accessibility is quite good and it offers a general panel, where all employees can access the same panel and create, edit and send campaigns from the same place. I'm satisfied with all the functionalities and features offered.

Marah
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 16/03/2023

A central area to control all stages of preparing and publishing marketing campaigns

It is good to have a wide range of capabilities that help in controlling all stages of preparing advertising campaigns and scheduling their publication through emails and social media platforms. With Constant Contact, we obtained comprehensive reports and analyzes that showed our ability to reach, and contributed to guiding us towards the required corrective actions.

Pros

Constant Contact makes it easy to create and manage email campaigns and customer satisfaction surveys from one central area. I like how the contact lists are prepared and the same campaign is customized to suit the interests of each list, which exempts us from preparing separate campaigns for each list as it is enough to take a copy of the main campaign and make adjustments easily. I also like that Constant Contact has a lot of powerful features, especially ready-made templates that can be modified easily, and I love how they add animations that catch customers' eyes. Scheduling is very efficient and enables us to set exact posting times. It also helps us a lot in managing posts on social media. Reports and dashboards are useful; through them, we can track openings and clicks, which gives us an informed view of the success of our campaigns.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about Constant Contact; I just want more templates and ready-made components to be able to improve the quality of our campaigns, and some restrictions need to be removed so that we can export the data we need at once.

Reviewed on 25/04/2023

Constant Contact: Still a good option for nonprofits!

Overall, despite my one negative experience, I still recommend Constant Contact as the go-to email marketing tool for nonprofits. It's affordable, widely used, looks good enough, has solid list management & analytics, and has decent customer service (aside from the one experience I described) with an instant chat option I've used many times.

Pros

As one of the longest-running email marketing tools out there, Constant Contact has gone through some growing pains over the years as it updated its design tools and features to get more in line with the newer competitors coming out, but I think it's still one of the best options for nonprofits. It may not be the cheapest option anymore, but the price is still reasonable compared to some other competitors, and they seem to have added way more features at the basic subscription level, like social media management.The email templates aren't the *best* looking out there, but they have become more modern-looking over time and are mobile-responsive. Many people don't realize that many of those beautiful emails you receive from big companies are not accessible to people with low vision who use screen readers or who don't have images displaying for various reasons (older email providers, slow internet, strict work email accounts that don't allow images, people being too busy to click on the "display images" button, etc.). This is because the majority of those emails are basically just a bunch of images with text in them, not text within the actual body of the email (which is what screen readers can read, and what shows up when images are disabled). Nonprofits in particular must be very conscientious about accessibility - sometimes your grant funding even requires it - so keep that in mind!Deliverability, list/tag options, and customer service were all fine (see 1 exception below).

Cons

This was several years ago now, but at a previous organization (a very small nonprofit with a budget of less than $500k and only 1.5 staff working on communications & fundraising), our account was reported as spam, and I didn't appreciate the way we were treated by customer service after that happened. They were borderline rude and treated us like we were intentionally spamming people, when it was clearly the result of either our small, overworked staff not having the knowledge of best practices in list management (e.g., not removing bounces regularly enough) or the fact that we simply had a somewhat ornery, older donor base who tend to report emails as spam rather than just unsubscribing. (Ugh.) I felt it was clear what had happened given the kinds of emails we sent (monthly e-newsletters and occasional event invitations and donation campaigns, no more than 1x week) and there was no justification for treating us like we were the same as scammers sending spam about Viagra to unsolicited lists. They didn't offer us any flexibility or even sympathy, and temporarily shut down our CC account until we did an opt-in campaign to confirm we had permission to send emails (even though we did only send emails to folks who had opted in previously). It was about a month before our largest fundraising event of the year, so this was a huge issue. I understand they must follow anti-spam rules, but the experience really sucked. A little kindness would've gone a long way here!

Jaclyn
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

Constant Contact- an excellent program for email marketing campaigns and general digital...

Overall, my experience with Constant Contact over the years has been great. I have used it with nonprofits/not-for-profits, small businesses, and larger companies, and it has been helpful for all three. Most of my experience with Constant Contact has been with email marketing rather than with social media marketing, but from what I have seen, it is a fantastic program to use to implement a digital marketing strategy and the campaigns that go with it. The interface is easy to use, and the program itself is easy to learn and understand. Being able to upload contact lists from Excel and Outlook and integrate Constant Contact with programs such as Zoho allows for seamless transitions. Monitoring the perfor viewed at all; if that percentage is rather low, that tells us that we need to make a change, such as altering our subject lines to make them more engaging and the contacts more likely to view the emailmance of each email and campaign is one of, if not the absolute best, way to observe how successful our email marketing strategies and campaigns are. Over time, continuously seeing that various metrics/KPIs are not performing as we would like is a clear indicator that our strategy needs to be altered in some way. As someone who has the unique experience of using Constant Contact with different company types, this program has taught me a lot about how to implement and observe the performance of an email marketing strategy.

Pros

As a digital marketer, I have used Constant Contact with multiple clients and companies over the past 2+ years, and have always found it to be extremely helpful. The majority of my program usage has been for email marketing, although I have heard from team members that it is excellent for social media marketing and other areas of digital marketing as well. For email marketing, I have done it all from creating a company's very first email blast to creating contact lists to monitoring the performance of email campaigns. I recall the first time I used Constant Contact to write an email newsletter for a small business, and was immediately impressed at how simple the interface was for a then-beginner like myself. I was able to change up the imagery (including font and color scheme) and add my photos and infographics. To this day, I love how Constant Contact allows users to create different contact lists for other purposes and campaigns, and the program makes it very clear when sending out emails who exactly that email will be going out to. Though I don't have as much experience with campaign analytics using Constant Contact as I do with some of the other features, I do know that it's reporting of metrics/KPIs is extremely helpful when observing the performance of a particular email and of a campaign as a whole. I look forward to using additional features offered by Constant Contact in the future, including its tools for social media marketing.

Cons

Thus far, the only issue I have with Constant Contact is related to the different features available with the three pricing plans. Although Constant Contact's pricing is good when compared to its competitors, the selection of features available with the cheapest pricing plan, Lite, is rather limited. With this plan, only one user is allowed, and not much storage is given. With email marketing, there is neither A/B testing nor segmentation, which I find to be quite frustrating. Features related to ads, SEO, and scheduling social media posts in advance are not available either. With the Standard pricing plan, there are some more ads, segmentation, and email marketing features available, but users cannot see the full scope of all that Constant Contact has to offer unless they pay for the most expensive plan. Free trials are available, which is helpful, but there is also no free plan. Some of your competitors offer free plans (albeit with limited features) in which at least the basics of the program can be used.

Selene

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

Constant Contact is an easy-to-use email marketing tool - a little pricey but worth the...

Overall a great product, easy to use, and functional. its minor limitations are countered by functionality, reliability, and the features it offers. The price is sometimes a turnoff when compared to other marketing email providers. CC offers easy to use templates that are almost fully customizable. Lots of extra features including campaigns, events, registrations, sign up forms etc. There are plenty of HELP menu items and tutorials. Love that there is no limit on the number of emails sent monthly. Overall a great go to product!

Pros

As an email marketing solution, CC fits most small to medium business owners needs with plenty of easy to edit templates, branded emails, newsletters, calendars, event apps, and website integrations. Additionally, business owners can set up events and registrations via the app. The templates are easy to use with varied options and designs. For more experienced handlers, HTML is available to set up templates. Emails offer clients and recipients the opportunity to opt out or stay tuned while landing the emails in their in box rather than their spam filters . Analytics are a plus and helpful to see what works and what doesn't in an email campaign. CC also integrates social media platforms. Overall it is a great all-in-one marketing tool.

Cons

While the software is generally easy to use, it is not intuitive and does on occasion produce glitchy results from missing images to random changes in text, font, and email structure. I do like the tiered pricing structure, although find CC to be far more expensive than their competitors. One of my biggest complaints is the placement of images - it doesn't really allow flexibility in design - if you are ok with their more cookie cutter template designs then its a 5 star - but the ability to place images becomes tedious and reduces the functionality. Overall the program is a go and worth the expense even if the image placement issues are annoying.

Liam

Reviewed on 18/07/2023

A complete marketing system, fit for every company!

Constant Contact's many valuable features and tools help us maximize the effectiveness of our email marketing initiatives. One of my favorite features is the ability to set up triggers for action-based emails. For instance, they can click on a button to have a beneficial email sent to them. Because of its widespread adoption, Constant Contact's open API makes it simple to connect to other platforms.

Pros

We have selected and will continue to use Constant Contact because of its exceptional usability. It's a robust system that works wonderfully for our company and meets all of our requirements for email marketing. Constant Contact's ability to let me make my own templates, run tests on campaigns, and see results in real time is its best feature. It's fantastic that I can design my emails to look unique and send them at times that are most convenient for my readers. And with Constant Contact's automation features, I can create elaborate, customized workflows that meet the specific requirements of my intended customers.

Cons

When compared to competing email marketing solutions, I find that Constant Contact's setup is a little trickier. There are alternative systems out there that are considerably less complicated and more user-friendly.

Ngala Emmanuel
Ngala Emmanuel
  • Industry: Graphic Design
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 06/09/2023

It's easy to use

Constant Contact is good when it comes to handling small amounts of data. It's a great tool for designing landing pages and lead collection forms.

Pros

In my online venture, I've been doing a lot of testing & trying. I tested out several email marketing tools including Constant Contact and even though it's not excellent I found a few amazing features in this tool.It has the most user-friendly interface ever. It all starts with - Constant Contact having every single feature within the user interface organized properly. It's great as I don't have to stress a lot to get familiar with it.Secondly, It offers a wide range of pre-designed email templates to start a project off the ground with. I mean, this sharpens my creativity and makes me more productive.Thirdly, List management is extremely easy and fascinating since it segments them properly based on the various criteria provided.I also love its reporting & analytical capabilities as it provides detailed metrics per our campaign performances which are vital adjustments.

Cons

We switch from using Constant Contact to a better alternative because of :- Limited automation and autoresponders. We have experienced failures with email autoresponders several times. We tried setting up several automation but didn't get results as expected. This is quite frustrating as sometimes we work under pressure from customers. Almost 55 -60% of businesses in Cameroon today depend on online ads for traffic and sales and the majority of these clients work directly with us.- Despite the lack of advanced automaton features, Constant Contact charges high service fees which can sometimes be overwhelming. Well, I'm not saying that its tool is not worth the actual price, however, It's more flexible to pay for something that brings another return- Additionally, I find Constant Contact to be limited in integration. There aren't more options available like with MailChimp. This is challenging as our business relies on several tools for proper functioning.

Trish

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

Email Marketing

Overall, it's very good. It's pretty easy to use and the emails are really nice looking. They provide lots of templates to choose from or you can design your own. You can create many contact lists so you can target your emails to the group you're trying to reach.

Pros

Constant Contact is easy to use. You don't have to have extensive training in order to figure it out. They have lots of templates to choose from. You can talk or chat to a real person when you need help. They also offer a non-profit discount, which is very nice. The emails are very nice and professional looking. Once you have a template you like, you can copy it each time and change the colors to make it look fresh.

Cons

The events site is set up a little different than the regular emails. So adding things to the landing page isn't quite as easy as the drag and drop method that's available for the email marketing portion. Also, the event feature is good for taking basic registrations and payments (like selling items) but not great for a full blown event. We used it for several years for our fundraising event but it was a bit cumbersome. There was no easy way to do things like offer sponsor levels with X number of guest tickets included. Eventually we moved our fundraiser to an event-specific software.