Microsoft Bookings Reviews

About Microsoft Bookings

Microsoft Bookings is a reservations management software designed to help businesses manage appointments and booking schedules. The platform enables managers to update personalized appointment details and select dates and timings...

4.2
4.2

Browse Microsoft Bookings Reviews

Abid
Abid
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 25/07/2021

Smart & Easy Online Booking System

Microsoft Bookings is a very simple and flexible booking system and i am using this excellent service for last many years and my overall experience is very incredible with this service of Microsoft.

Pros

Microsoft Bookings is helping businesses to manage their appointments and online bookings in a very smart way. They are also offering free trial version which is very good for checking and testing of service and later you can purchase it for enjoying complete benefits of this amazing service. You can cancel and reschedule your bookings without any hasstle and this service keeps you up-to-date with upcoming events and developments.

Cons

I would like to see more features and simple integration with other microsoft products then this service will further enhance there capabilities.

mahfujur rahman

Reviewed on 02/12/2023

Perfect appointment manager

Microsoft Bookings makes my daily life easier. It’s a useful feature made by Microsoft.

Pros

It’s ease of use and remainder makes me happy because it reduces my mork pressure.

Cons

This is very useful but more features should be added.

Brian
Brian
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 09/07/2020

Not quite ready, but close

Pros

Very easy to implement. Easy to create appointment types and place on our main website. Great flexibility in customer email communications, with reminders of appointments and such.

Cons

While it's functional on a basic level, there are many many annoyances that just are unexplainable. First, you can access bookings via the web app, or you can access bookings via a Teams plugin, or use an iOS app The problem is, each method provides you a different set of options when creating the booking. Zero consistency.

In order to use bookings, you need to add everyone that uses it to the staff, AND, you have to give them full admin control. If someone gets to create bookings, they can also go in and muck with all of the settings. Horrible! The next access tier down is that they can view bookings, but not create or modify them. That's next to useless, if you ask me.

Also, every staff member's calendar now shows up in bookings. If you have a receptionist making bookings, there would be no need for their calendar to show up. In the Teams version of the app, you can remove the useless calendars. On the web version you cannot. But on the Teams version, you only have very rudimentary options for creating a booking, so you need to use the Web app to access it.

The home page in the web app is useless. It's got buttons for setting up the first time, but not what you need for day to day stuff isn't there, and there's no apparent way to change it.

In the calendar page, you can create bookings. There are boxes for customer notes and internal notes. However, once you put anything in there, the boxes are no longer labeled as to what they are. Horrible design.

Top Microsoft Bookings Alternatives

Natalie
Natalie
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 09/06/2020

As long as you have purchased the whole o365, totaly worth it

It was harder to set up than the competitor. But it has additional options so worth it if you could figure it out.

Pros

It has all of the same features of the previous system that we were using. It has some features that other systems dont. The clients have been able to use it with no challenges. The reminders are worth it that it sends to people.

Cons

We were required to change to Bookings and it doesn't allow us to use Zoom easily with our students. However being forced to change to Teams did not matter since we have the full o365. Wish you could remove the price from the service.

Ejaz
Ejaz

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Best software to schedule your working schedule

I recommend and rate 10/10

Pros

I can schedule whole year and can track my day to day tasks. I never miss any appointment or meetings because I can quickly check my daily work load.

Cons

The size of the work space is little bit short to show all details about title and times.

• Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 26/07/2022

It might be worth it if your needs are super simple and you don't need to charge for your...

I had used Calendly and tried to move everything to Microsoft Bookings. It was difficult, the software is cumbersome, not very flexible, not easy to use, and even though they changed their layout to something better, it is still not really up to par with the competition.

Pros

It was free with my Microsoft 365. Honestly that is probably the one thing I liked.

Cons

If you don't want or need Microsoft 365, or if you want your clients to pay when they do the booking, this software doesn't even come close to the features and flexibility of Calendly or Squarespace (formerly Acuity Scheduling). Microsoft charges over $20 a month in order to have this simple feature...

Brent
Brent
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

Very niche product - not for "general" business use.

Pretty frustrating. There seemed to be a lot of potential. We used Bookings to schedule an online client event with team members. We managed to make it work, but during the process realized this product is almost specifically designed for a "Hair Salon" type booking structure.

Hopefully there will be iterations to make this work more for general business use.

Pros

Integration with Office 365, price, booking pages
Some of the scheduling features

Cons

Cannot get a "bookings" link for an individual
Cannot have a bookings option that requires specific people (two or more) - you can only do "OR", not "AND" combinations.

Calendly

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Bookings

We wanted to integrate the entire team (all on Office 365) without the added licensing costs.
Amara
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 09/11/2023

Microsoft Bookings

Pros

Microsoft bookings is very easy to use, Especially for first time users,it's easy to syn with outlook calendar.

Cons

There is no cons that I have seen while working with Microsoft Bookings.

Ryan
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

Microsoft Bookings for School Parent-Teacher Conferences

This system has saved us countless hours and a great deal of confusion for scheduling parent-teacher conferences for 60+ staff and 1000-or-so families. It is easy for those making bookings, and staff have immediate access to the details of their bookings through their O365 calendars.

Pros

Ease of use, 24/7 availability for clients, minimal staff time required for setup and administration, automatic calendar / Teams meeting creation for staff, reminder emails for everyone involved.

Cons

Initial configuration is time-consuming and not always intuitive, and there is no way to remove the wildcard "Any staff" option from list of staff members clients can choose.

Lilians
Lilians

Reviewed on 17/06/2018

Very efficient to manage work appointments, fast and novel.

It has allowed me to organize, plan and manage appointments in a completely different way, since it is very practical and speeds up work noticeably.

Pros

Program appointments in a different way, allows you to customize and perform them from anywhere online with efficient management tools available hours and automatic confirmations, also allows you to incorporate ads that are considered of interest and reprogramming is another fundamental function, also offers alternatives to enter appointments manuals of the people who booked by phone, so I think it is a tool worth using. What I like most about this tool is that it has an application for the cell phone that allows real-time communication with the aforementioned person to maintain contact and exchange any information that is necessary before or after the appointment.

Cons

This is limited for users who have Office 365, which is a bit expensive package, but I think it's worth paying.

Veronica

Reviewed on 11/10/2022

It's like having a receptionist

I like that i can control my availability with clients.

Pros

I like that people who visit my website can book time with me without having to create a big e-mail chain to arrange a meeting time.

Cons

took a bit of time to figure out the specifics and how I wanted it set up for me.
But is easy to use once that's sorted out.

Aniecia
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

Bookings Review

Fair

Integration features
Is part of a comprehensive solution.

Cons

Bookings is being retired by Microsoft soon.

Samantha

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

Excellent Addition to our office

Overall the experience has been great. Both staff and clients love it.

Pros

I like that the software integrates with our Outlook Calendar. I can easily change users availability and it makes it easy for clients and our staff to schedule appointments. Clients like that they receive an email confirmation and reminders of their upcoming appointment.

Cons

I wish that their was the option to have the clients name listed as the main heading on the outlook calendar. Currently staff need to open the calendar appointment in order to see who they are going to be meeting with.

Jonathan

Reviewed on 07/10/2021

Microsoft Bookings is fantastic for scheduling meetings

Easy to use, great notifications + reminders

Pros

Microsoft bookings is great for scheduling, removes the need for back and forth emails/phone calls to try to set up a meeting, can be used for booking time in the office during C19 measures.

Cons

Sometimes it sends too many email notifications for the same meeting.

Reviewed on 23/01/2019

Used Bookings to coordinate meetings for a finance company

What I enjoyed about this product was the ease of learning how to use it. I was covering a receptionist/admin role for an export finance company for a months time. I was given about 2 minute training on how to use bookings and having never used it before, it looked quite intimidating. However, once I had to start booking appointments, it all became straightforward and easy to use. Everything was quite manageable despite the amount of people I was coordinating appointments with.

Pros

Gives you option to send colleague(s) confirmation email instantaneously after booking.
Gives option to choose multiple layouts for how you want to view the calender.

Cons

Nothing. I really enjoyed the product. Easy to use for all users.

Rayshawn
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 09/07/2021

Do and don't do

Doing good for my info to stay in

Pros

Easy to use, important info stays in, nothing never to hard or challenging to fix

Cons

Correcting my logins, making sure I no one hacked my page

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

Essential for effectiveness

It always ensure a organize a meeting with stakeholders in an efficient way.

Pros

It is very easy to add stakeholders' calendars and ensure an effective way to set up a meeting and organize schedule.

Cons

Initial set-up is a bit confusing. Any other cons about the product. Text message reminders are required.

Sherwin
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 13/01/2023

Make online bookings very easy

We used Bookings to allow clients to schedule meetings with us. Tying into our calendars made that easy!

Pros

I loved how it synced my availability directly from my calendar to avoid double bookings.

Cons

The software was great and there was nothing I disliked.

Anil
Anil

Reviewed on 29/08/2019

Great way to book appointments

In our office, we have to work with the other remote offices of ours so booking appointments is very important and having work on ms technologies if you have an application from Microsoft which is such a nice ,is great.

Pros

It keeps all your meetings organized and allow booking appointments.
Great comparability with the other applications.
Easy and clean GUI

Cons

Great application. Does its job. I don't have any issue with this.
It really saves a lot of time.
Go for it.

• Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

Online booking platform time saver

Accesable for clients 24/7 and time saver for us.

Pros

You have full controll over the entire planning.
Also for costumers it is all very clear and user friendly.
I'ts easy to use and at this point there are no functions that I miss in this application.
The support for this app is very helpfull and with fast response.

Cons

At the moment there are no downsides. It realy saves a lot of time.

Nick
Nick

Reviewed on 05/04/2022

Integrated with Outlook for simple and effective setup and deployment

Pros

Since this is part of the Office subscription we already use in our company this software was a great no additional cost component for our needs

Cons

The one thing that is missing was the ability to have the person booking set a time period that works for them instead of being locked into creating set intervals

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Bookings had made work life so fast and efficient for me

Pros

This app had helped me and my team mates many times to plan our time, it goes beyond a schedule tool, it had made my life alot more easier and arranged. And I can go back any day to track my activities at work. Beautiful way to work and live!

Cons

At first I couldn't understand the user interface but with time I picked up

Stephanie

Reviewed on 03/01/2019

It does what is asked of it

I haven’t Used it for long, but we were able to use it

Pros

I like that it does exactly what you need it for. It could have a couple more functions that make it easier but other than that it does the job

Cons

I feel like there could be an easier way to make this a lot more efficient

Buddika
Buddika

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

Good scheduling tool

Good product.easy to use.Not the best in the industry but with some improvements it may can come to the best.I recommend it

Pros

I have not used this for a long time but this a good tool for a small business to schedule appointments, eevents etc. As a small business owner it is a very efficient tool for use

Cons

To access the full functions user should have the premium version which will cost some bucks. And there are still some functions missing which should include in a scheduling tool. With some additional features the cost will be fair for the user

Sandeep
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 30/04/2021

Great booking tool

It is a decent software to create and book appointments. It is easy to use.

Pros

Another great Microsoft product to book appointments. It is very easy to use this software. It uses a straightforward approach to book an appointment with any of the companies/businesses.

Cons

Customization is limited. There is not much room or flexibility in creating the booings. For starters, it might take some time to figure things out and set up.