Microsoft Teams Reviews

About Microsoft Teams

Microsoft Teams is a cloud-based group chat solution that helps teams collaborate on documents. Its key features include messaging, conferencing and file sharing. Microsoft Teams has replaced Skype for Business as Microsoft's...

4.2

Browse Microsoft Teams Reviews

9,469 of 9,470 reviews
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 06/02/2021

Great for schools!

As I mentioned earlier, for all our online communications and also for presentation and class team discussions, we mainly used email.
With the onset of the COVID-19 Pandemic, management decided to leverage Microsoft teams with integrated voice and video calling features along with content sharing and presentations that enable seamless online classes, upskilling, online training, and webinars in the education sector across different geographical locations around the globe. I am also an Edtech Specialist and head of the Community Engagement and Extension Services in our department.

Pros

I am using Microsoft Teams for more than a year now every day with my students, colleagues, and others. There's a little learning curve with colleagues in using the application. I could share, manage and build team spaces. This is pretty useful in creating different school/business activities and seamlessly integrates other MS products. With integrated Voice and Video Messaging Services, Calendar scheduling, we can communicate according to the availability of users at any time. Also, I can configure my availability with various options or even modify it to determine that I am offline/not at the desk right now for other users to know. The best part is that I can use 3rd party integration application right inside MS Teams.

Cons

Sometimes Microsoft Teams get hanged because of network or Heap Memory problems, but this could happen with any communication software as we use multiple installed software on our machines to meet the distance education requirements. There is a minor delay between receiving a text on your laptop and your mobile device. Many times, it happens that I have to go out or take a break for some time, and I receive a message but with a delay on my configured mobile device.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

In the beginning, we may have opted for ZOOM, but then we all know that ZOOM is not that safe, not effective, and not to mention expensive. Everything looks nice with the usage of Microsoft Teams now. Our admin is so happy with our decision.
laxmi
laxmi
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

Good for kids online classes during pandemic period

We got to use it on daily basis as nothing best yet than this app for children online studies

Pros

We uses it daily for chat in between online class.
For online exams
For discussion in class.
my kid specially enjoys it as its the time to meet and see her school friends face to face in corona lockdown

Cons

Many things i dsnt like about this app

1)- class or exam link is broken sometimes , and we get hangs and moves to whatsapp Student group for asking help for additional link to same class/ exam

2) average people have weak internet and this app runs good only on good to strong internet ,which causes video freeze , link dsnt open , ejection of student while running class and poor audio /video quality

3) if we get ejected from class before the class going to end we dsnt see the class link anymore in calender option.. teacher get annoying at us and we explains her the
very helpless situation of app .

4)- we have to re request class link if we get ejected before the class ends, as calender option stop showing meetings links if time almost finished to re join.which is unfair

Alexis

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

Microsoft Teams in a School Setting

Pros

I like how versatile Teams is. At my school, we use it for SPED/504 documentation. Each student has their own channel with their files attached. It is very easy to communicate and look up the needed information. It is also an easy and efficient way to communicate with other staff members. Many times, I will get a message from a counselor or secretary asking me to send a student to another location. They are easily able to get in touch with me through Teams. Also, I have the app on my phone and I am able to stay in touch when I am not at my desk. Our department has several channels that we use to communicate about different things. We also have a way to reserve Chromebook carts through Teams. Additionally, it is a great place to hold virtual meetings. It is easy to create and begin online meetings. I use Teams everyday, all day long. It has been a great experience and it's a centralized spot where many important functions occur. Without this technology, it would be difficult to make sure a school of my size ran so smoothly.

Cons

One issue that I have encountered with teams is locating group chats. These chats are not listed under Teams, but rather under "chat" or "activity." I have many, many notifications coming each day and this pushes the group chats far down in the line. I have to take awhile to go back and find it when I need to send something. It would be nice if there was a place to locate these chats.

Top Microsoft Teams Alternatives

• Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 12/04/2024

Microsoft teams review

Not great to be honest, I never look forward to using it

Pros

I like that they have one central dashboard

Cons

I really dislike the user interface and general user experience, lots of buttons aren’t intuitive and the overall experience feels old/ slow compared to G-suite and other alternatives

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

The perfect IT collaboration platform - MS Teams

Overall, it has been an amazing experience and I wont love to see what new features are we up for in the future.

Pros

I like the overall efficency of the app at everything. Also, the "grant screen access" is an amazing feature which I love.

Cons

There is a certain bug with the pc and android app is that if u connect ur Bluetooth headphones later once u have already picked a call, the headphones don't work automatically. You have to cut the call and again connect with the person.

Reviewed on 05/04/2024

Value vs effective communication

Pros

The ease of use is great with the ability to add files and pics makes it exceptionally good

Cons

There are some restrictions that are not applicable but the good out weigh the bad

Alvaro

Reviewed on 10/05/2024

Good platform for working together with work or study groups

Pros

I use it every day for my dealy meetings, it provides good immediate communication, video sharing. It also offers the possibility of storing shared files with users who share team. Message and call notifications are immediate.

Cons

We have encountered several problems with adding new users to a team, syncing to these groups can take a long time and be a significant problem. The application on the phone does not update the chats in real time.

Vincent

Reviewed on 11/04/2024

Your daily communication tool

great - basically you feel like getting paid for chatting sometimes ;) jokes aside the tool provides lot of power.

Pros

For most of our colleagues this replaces endless e-mail communication. Easy to set up group chats. Having channels with Teams-groups is great and relatively easy to admin from support point of view. (don't let end-users generate teams channels to prevent clutter of channels though ;) )

Cons

When you integrate lots of 3rd party apps - your RAM consumption will increase (we work with at least 16GM ram laptops)

Katie
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Reviewed on 22/05/2024

Teams review- 5 stars

Pros

I like how easy it is to communicate with team members and share files so easily.

Cons

The user interface is not as intuitive as one would like it to be, making it harder to navigate and use all the features optimally.

• Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 16/04/2024

MS Teams Review

Pros

MS Teams is great tool to use for online meetings. Interface makes more easy to use it and save time. Also screen sharing was perfectly worked and mobile access also helpful for me sometimes.

Cons

Nothing have say any dislike features of this tool. Everything thing was perfect.

• Industry: Music
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Back and Forth Conversation Emails Are a Thing of The Past!

Teams has signalled a shift in the way those in our business communicate with one another. It has meant that instead of emailing back and forth, users now use Teams to IM one another. No longer do users attach files to emails and send them to one another; now they simply share files quickly and easily through Teams. This increased communication between colleagues and departments along with increased sharing of resources and collaboration on work projects has improved productivity significantly.

Pros

Teams is a very user-friendly application that facilitates communication between individual users and whole departments. IM capabilities mean that users can message one another to collaborate on projects and share ideas. Files and documents can be shared with others, and Teams also has audio/calling conferencing capabilities (part of Microsoft's vision to deprecate Skype for Business in favour of Teams) meaning users can meet and share ideas even if they are at home or away from the office. The mobile app allows you to chat to colleagues when you aren't at your desk. If users are part of a departmental team, they can view these teams within the app; they can message other team members, share files, and use other Microsoft-specific apps such as Planner or SharePoint if they have been set up. Meeting scheduling is also available from within Teams, linking up with your Outlook calendar. For administrators, it is easy to deploy and maintain the Teams application using GPOs, and the application itself is self-updating on startup.

Cons

Teams currently installs to the user's 'AppData Roaming' folder, which means that it is installed separately for every user that logs into the computer. It is quite resource intensive to run the applications compared to other communications apps. However, both of these issues have been flagged for review on the Microsoft Teams suggestions and feedback website, suggesting they will be rectified in a future release.

Slack and Google Meet

Slack and Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Teams was chosen as our communications application over other products as it was bundled with Office 365, which we currently use within the organisation and have multiple active subscriptions for. As Teams is provided under the E1 licence (which all of our users receive), this made it the obvious choice to deploy as our communications app as we were already paying for it. The fact it was part of the Office 365 eco-system made it easier to deploy alongside other Microsoft apps that we currently use.
Lucas

Reviewed on 18/08/2020

Almost complete solution

Overall it gets the job done in a manner way, it has good plugins and extensions to help you customize it as you like. It's a good software.

Pros

The main features that make us use this service was the ability to organize our work and have online meetings with screen sharing feature, this help us a lot when we are showing something to our colleagues.

Cons

It sometimes doesn't load fast and there's a strange behavior that was causing issues for us, the software has some kind of automatic check to see if there's any interaction with itself, if we aren't interacting directly with Teams but still working on something else on the PC, teams itself will set your status to "Be right back", making your colleagues think that you are away from the computer, which isn't right.

Slack and TimeCamp Planner

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Looking for options with more capabilities, organization and productivity.

Google Meet

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Because of the office suite integration, we found that It may be better as it's included bundled inside the corporative subscription. We still need to pay a license for every new user that comes in.
Alain
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 08/09/2020

The better business tool for communication and collaboration

While Teams wasn't always a smooth ride, I've seen Microsoft make some pretty great changes in recent months to improve the user experience. Even something as simple as being able to make a chat window pop out of frame was a big deal for me in terms of being able to multitask.

Pros

I love that Teams ties in with the Microsoft Office suite and Sharepoint. It allows mulitple users the ability to edit and share a document simultaneously, while having a call or sent messages back and fourth, all without having to leave the tool. There's also a built-in calendar and task manager, so collaboration and accountability have a high level of visibility for the userbase.
Managing user accesses is also a breeze.

Cons

My biggest gripe: File management can be a NIGHTMARE. I'd love to see some work done by Microsoft to make it easier to find previously shared items. If you lose track of which conversation thread you shared a file in, finding it can be a lot of effort, involving retracing multiple steps. If there was a better/quicker way to search for shared items, it would be awesome.

Jira, Zoom Events and Webinars and Slack

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Skype for business worked well enough, but Teams can do everything Skype can, plus so much more.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

As a fully Microsoft-entrenched business, it just makes sense to keep our products in the fold. Especially products as robust and important as Teams.
Melody Kay
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 16/06/2021

Easily the most reliable collaboration and communication tool

I've switched over to Teams from Sharepoint as it has been so much easier to have all that I need in one view -- chat, collaboration, calls. May take some getting used to if you're not familiar with Teams - but it is so worth it!

Pros

True to its name, it has most if not all the features that you need to work with a team. Whatever is not in the base install can also be added as an app. Interface is user friendly in general.

Cons

Channels need some getting used to -- had to make it a practice to keep a "General" channel public and then make sub-channels for those that need specific access. Maybe there can be an easier way to do access management like groups?

Wish there was a way to remove the general feed or Files tab for some channels rather than making them a default.

My main pet peeve: There is no way to "pop-out" chat as a whole. When I get a message while in the middle of doing something, I get redirected to the chat window instead of having a pop-out chat window. Thus, kind of disrupting my flow of work.

Also - wish there was a way to tag people in comments in the Planner app.

Nelisiwe
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 12/09/2021

Microsoft Teams

Easy to meet during this pandemic and has a voice and video calling option that you can use to communicate with the team or any other person within the work environment. Make it possible to share important documents and updated can be done weekly or monthly in one platform.

Pros

HIghly customize to suit all types of organizations
Can be easily integrated with the other Microsoft Office applications
Include office 365
Have other applications that can be used to link with Ms teams
High security

Cons

Customization makes it difficult to use in other platforms
Only effective for organisations using Microsoft product

Google Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

To be up to date with the current technology. To keep safe the company information not to be on social media platforms that do not support the business model. Due to the Covid-19, most employees are working from home it is easy for departments to communicate and ensure that all business activities continue without any compromises or delays.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Since the company is using Microsoft as the operating system it was easy to select Microsoft teams to be added to the package. this has been the best solution
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

The Communication Tool of the Pandemic

MS Teams has been a fantastic tool which has allowed my team to stay in communication during the pandemic. It's become our most used tool which has succeeded in increasing collaboration and efficiency. Although there are a few small issues with this app, mainly being the glitches and deletion of chat messages older than 30 days, there are so many more pros to using this software. I can see us sticking to this software for a while.

Pros

MS Teams has become the backbone of my team. I love that we can create multiple channels on this and go the level of determining who can access a channel as well as that member's level of control. This is a great collaboration tool since we are able to upload documents and have multiple people access these at the same time to modify/view. It's easy to create large group chats and start meetings from the chat in situations where we need to have fast responses. The audio and video quality is pretty good and it's great that we can see the list of participants on a meeting as well as who else was invited but didn't join. I love that it updates if a member is currently active, offline, or presenting so we know who to contact and expect a response from. Also love that you can use tags to send messages to the intended people. The ability to view calendar and easily schedule meetings is also a great perk.

Cons

I least like the fact that chat conversations disappear after 30 days because then that data is lost. I also dislike that files can't be backed up because occasionally people delete files which are then completely gone unless someone stored a local copy on their machine. The app does occasionally glitch in large meetings which causes me to lose audio/video and the only solution is to restart the app and rejoin the meeting in order to restore that.

Petar
Petar

Reviewed on 30/12/2021

Good enough, but not Great

Good enough, but not great, especially if you have used other communicators.
UX is light years behind the competition.
The only 2 reasons to use MS Teams are pricing (included in MS Office), and the integration with other MS Office products.

Pros

Very good integration with Outlook and MS Calendar.
Good switching between desktop and mobile during a meeting.
Useful notifications / reminders when a meeting starts.

Cons

Alwful UI and UX, unintuitive UI, non-productiv shortcuts, not very configurable, not good default settings.
Linux app is not on par.
Search functionality is not very good.
Has bugs - sometimes loses message history, not synchronizing b/n desktop and mobile apps, not showing the correct status, not sending notifications on time, etc.
Missing some important functionality - like push to talk during a meeting, or good annotations.
Some functionalities are not developed properly - for example integration with MS Forms is pretty bad.
Comes short when compared to the competition like Slack.

Slack

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Lower pricing, better integration with MS Outlook and Calendar.

Zoom Workplace and Slack

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Lower pricing, better integration with MS Outlook and Calendar.
Zuber

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

One of the Best Meetings App

Overall experience is Good and cons I have explained it in above section.. Those would help in improving the product.

Pros

1. Best app for meetings until now
2. Transcript works great
3. Meeting can be split into smaller rooms for discussions which is a super positive while working remotely
4. Meeting Notes feature small and powerful
5. Recording works great
6. Admin can control the mute of all the joinees
7. Video Backgrounds encourages all to switch their camera ON

Cons

1. Manor Chat missing feature is: Threads.. The continuous chats are confusing when long conversations go on. Huge drawback
2. Emojis doesn’t automatically popup when typed with colon.. Example, :thumsup doesn’t give thumsup emoji suggestion.
3. Screen sharing sometimes doesn’t work.. Even though screen is shared, other person can’t see it.
4. At times the Teams window is hidden and many find it difficult to reach the window..
5. In a Group chat there is no option to call only few.. Instead it will call all from the group

Slack and Skype

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft Teams

Meetings (audio and video) are the driving factor in choosing Teams.. It is easy to use and quick to understand the features..
Deon

Reviewed on 19/10/2022

Microsoft Teams - Daily Tool

As a technical team with consultants and vendors across the world, we are able to roll out projects that previously would have required on site presence and cost. In the last 12 months we have upgraded two core business tools almost entirely through Teams.

Pros

Love the ability to keep in touch with remote teams / vendors around the world, with the ability to engage in detail quickly if something comes up. Sharing of documents for end user testing feedback (on other software roll out) has been a particular win as it can be done any time and the ability to see changes only - quickly and easily saves a lot of time). We spend many hours a week with consultants / vendors working through teams, with screen sharing probably the most used tool.

Cons

Being a member of multiple teams is challenging (we operate as Guest in supplier Teams environments). If you miss an alert from a different team "live" then you won't see it till you switch to that team again. We use the app within Edge to have two different teams active at once but it would be nice to be able to do this withing Teams somehow.

Mohamed
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 25/09/2023

Microsoft Teams, Is it the best choice to professional communication?

Microsoft Teams is a very good and reliable software for professional communication. It keeps all teams aligned and updated and this will increase the productivity and transparency. The software has some disadvantages and needs interface improvements, but overall, it's the best software for high-quality audio/video meetings and conferences.

Pros

- Friendly, easy to use software.- excellent video/audio experience for meetings.- High quality audio in calls and meetings.- Best way to communicate professionally to ensure great collaborations and increase productivity.- Give you more focus on work unlike other software that may be used for regular chit-chat.- Prompt notifications with no interference with any other applications when used on mobile phones.- Great way to align with all team members thus increase the transparency in the team and the organization.

Cons

- The software takes time to launch and not an easy software on computers with old operating systems.- The interface needs improvement and to be more friendly.- It focuses only on one call at a time, needs call waiting feature.- It's very confusing in dealing with documents and downloads.- Sometimes you need permissions to access files on the platform.

Mohammed
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 25/04/2020

Microsoft's fantastic solution for team collaboration

Microsoft Teams has been designed from the ground-up to help businesses get their employees to communicate with each other more efficiently and effectively. In my personal experience with Microsoft Teams, this has been one of the main reasons of the company purchasing this software and using it as a central pillar for the IT teams. The various parts of IT (software team, infrastructure team, business analysts team) have been able to set up their own channels in which they can communicate with each other and send information relevant only to that team. In addition, other channels have been set up in which the entire IT department can share content with each other. In this way, the efficiency of communication has been solved with this one piece of software from Microsoft.

The benefits have been realized as teams are now able to spend more time working on relevant things instead of going through content which may be irrelevant for them. The Microsoft Teams 'channels' feature has been instrumental in allowing this to happen. In addition, Microsoft Teams has allowed for colleagues to communicate with each other from one place. This is because the software allows for chat/video/audio/content sharing facilities from within Microsoft Teams.
what benefits realized?

Pros

There are many features to like about Microsoft Teams, which I personally have experienced:

-The overall design of it is very minimalist, simple and clutter-free. This makes it very easy to use and work with on a daily basis
-The 'channels' feature is a fantastic feature which is dedicated for conversations regarding specific topics (and for specific recipients)
-Skype video and audio calls can be made directly from Microsoft Teams, thus saving valuable time
-You can share messages, pictures, files, and links with anyone within a conversation
-The 'slash command' feature is a fantastic shortcut tool to anything you want to get done
-Microsoft Teams has a special email view in which you can see the main parts of an email without actually leaving the conversation/chat
-Microsoft Teams is available on both Android and iOS so that you can collaborate from wherever you are
-Microsoft Teams integrates perfectly with Microsoft cloud platforms such as OneDrive and SharePoint. For example, you can actually see and access files that are on the cloud directly through the Teams interface
-Dark Mode looks great!

Cons

To be honest, Microsoft Teams contains virtually all the beneficial features that one could want from a collaboration tool. The interface is fairly simple to use as it has a minimalist design. However, there have been a number of bugs that Microsoft Teams has been affected with, however. Although subsequent Microsoft software updates have solved a lot of these issues, it can get quite frustrating for system administrators at times.

A reason why a company may not want to use Microsoft Teams is that there are other solutions such as Discord and Slack which have been popular for quite some time and do offer some good features for free. With Microsoft Teams for example, it is only free if there are less than 300 users and also there is a fee involved if a company then purchases the enterprise licence.

Teddy
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

A Productivity Platform for Microsoft Stack

Over experience with Teams has been good but that may be because I am a Windows Admins, and is familiar with the Office365 stack. For OOBE Teams will do fine, but it does require some oversight, which is not what some chat competitors (Slack) require. However, this only applies to the chat module and not the entire Teams platform.

Pros

For Business use, you generally get MS Teams if you have Microsoft 365 Business Basic or any of the higher plans. Teams is Microsoft's platform solution to collaboration and productivity, which people often mistake it for something else (point solution for 1 requirement: Chat, or conferencing, or calling tool). Teams has received a series of features rollout in 2020 due to the pandemic, and has made it much better from a UX perspective (although still lacking compared to some chat competitors).

Depending on your licensing Teams also provide more than just chat/call, including but not limited to Audio Conferencing, Soft Phone (Cloud hosted), Channel Collaborations, file hosting (SharePoint backend), integration with major vendors. If embraced, Teams can become your primary app for day-to-day business producitiy work for regular users.

Since MS Teams is the focus for O365, lots of Teams hardware are also being developed which may intrigue more techie end users.

Cons

1. Licensing may confuse people not familiy with Microsoft SKU. Hopefully you are working with a VAR or MS Licensing Expert to get your started.
2. UX as I mentioned is very poor in some aspects, but have improved considerably last few quarters.
3. File sharing can be improved. Users not familiar with OneDrive/SharePoint will have very messy permission schemes very quickly.
4. Administrators have a tough time managing Teams creation, due to requirements with Office365 Groups. This can only be disabled via PowerShell as of writing this review.
5. Integrations with most apps are very poorly done, and is often detrimental to productivity instead of improving it. This is probably a problem with the MS Teams app than the integration itself.

Zoom Workplace, Slack and Google Meet
Lisa

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

Not Zoom

I love being able to instantly chat, call, video chat and collaborate with colleagues. Just need it to work with Bookings and multiple accounts.

Pros

Chatting instantly with Teams members adds the “down the hall” feeling of being in the office. Being able to see and hear improved collaboration!

Cons

Switching between accounts is too cumbersome and Teams meetings created from desktop Outlook result in no one being able to start the meeting when you have multiple accounts. I NEED this to work with Office365-Bookings, but for multiple accounts! Prospects that sign up for a meeting under one user name try to log in to the meeting with their business account inly to never arrive.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft Teams

Already paying to the product

Included in Office365

Reviewed on 22/02/2021

Excellent Business software for sharing chat messages and content

Overall, this application is much better than any other information-sharing, document sharing, or chat
discussion application for business and its compatibility with Jabra Evolve 40 headset is really great.
I have never faced any issue with the audio quality if my internet is working fine.

Pros

1. We receive emails if someone pings when we are offline.
2. It is less likely that the message failed to deliver to the recipient.
3. User interface and compatibility with Microsoft Windows 10 are excellent.
4. Almost no crash report has been observed so far.
5. Automatic software updates are frequent which makes Microsoft teams better and better
6. It was easy for me to understand and switch from Skype for Business to Microsoft teams.

Cons

1. Sometimes with software updates, calling functionality disappears in Microsoft teams and we have to manually restart the application to bring back calling functionality.
2. Appearance can be improved.
3. Uploading in Microsoft teams is sometimes does not work and we have to again try uploading.
4. Sometimes I have to change my status manually while my system is restarted so that people could see my Availability.

Reviewed on 13/08/2021

Ease of Use and the Need of the Day

Overall I have had a great experience with MST and cannot imagine one day without it. I completely rely on MST to plan my day, set up meetings, use the meeting scheduler, and the option to set up the meetings at the back of the email is my favourite feature because it enables not losing the important people for a call and ensures that all are informed.

Pros

Since we are all working from home post COVID, it is so important to keep on connecting with people for the work to be done especially when people are scattered across so many geographic locations.
1. MS Teams is a great tool to keep everyone connected, easy to chat with people instead of calling them when they are already on another call and ask them to support in the current project activities.
2. The best feature on MST is the screen recording feature since it allows you to capture all the minute details with the screen pictures and moreover, easy retrieval of the recording makes it an impeccable tool. 3. The status of people shown on the MST is also very crucial to see people's availability and setting up of meetings is simpler.
4. I use the video calling feature often to connect with my team. Seeing people on the screen is very delightful as we imagine certain people to be very rigid while working with them, however when we see them, it is so easy to work with them. I believe MS team has made all this so much easy and possible that we cannot imagine our world without even a single feature missing.
5. I completely rely on the calendar shown by MST before logging off to plan my next day!

Cons

The only improvement I would like on MST is to have the 'retrospective recording feature' because if the recording is not switched on, then the call cannot be recorded. The time of the call is ticking on the left side, however, that is sometimes confused with the fact that the recording is on.