Microsoft 365 Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Microsoft 365

Microsoft 365, formerly Office 365, is a suite of office collaboration and productivity applications. The software encompasses modules that enables the use of Microsoft Office suite and cloud-based solutions such as Skype,...

Browse Microsoft 365 Reviews

13,559 of 13,559 reviews
Blair
Blair
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

A must have for any office

Overall, this is excellent software that's well worth the annual fee that Microsoft charges. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an Office suite of software, whether a small office or larger organization.

Pros

Office 365 is packed with great software at a great annual price. It's simple to use, but also very powerful. I primarily use Word and PowerPoint for my job and I find it quick, easy and effective. The new feature where PowerPoint makes suggestions to improve your slide is really nice and often spurs ideas in me.

Outlook is a powerful email, contact and calendar that you can use across multiple platforms and share with co-workers and family. One more than one occasion it has helped me remember important dates and appointments as well as keeping on track regarding my work responsibilities.

I don't use excel, but people I know who do speak highly of it and how flexible and powerful it is.

Cons

There is very little about Office 365 I don't like. Outlook could use an aesthetic overhaul in my opinion, but that's a pretty minor gripe for software as powerful as this.

WordPerfect Office

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Office 365 is superior in every way and well worth the money.
Tucker

Reviewed on 13/03/2024

Suite of full service solutions

Good experience, ability to use multiple products to service many needs

Pros

Vast suite of products that can be used to supplement my business

Cons

Inbox management can be better, search can be much more efficient and easier to navigate

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

It feels so old and boring!

Office 365, has a lot of benefits, in the sense that it's easy to use most of it. I understand Microsoft wanting to push their own products, but they are annoying when they try to force you to use Microsoft's cloud, when I personally have everything set to Google. It's so annoying, when having to save as everything, rather than being able to save directly to my Google drive.

It just looks desperate and needy, a ploy, a very childish move from Microsoft. If you want people to use Microsoft cloud, make it better, price wise and feature wise.

Another reason I don't use the cloud to save files on Office 365, is because Microsoft changes their mind like the weather. I started off the cloud storage with a 12 month free trial, after three months it said there was a policy change and they change the agreement, extremely bad way to start a new cloud platform. When that happened I decided to switch to Google, and ditch Microsoft cloud storage.

as far as Office 365 goes, I still use PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel, Microsoft word, and other software programs daily.

For scheduling, however our team has found more efficient, easier layout, for projects, than Outlook.

I like Office 365, but my biggest complaint, is that it feels so outdated and boring.

Some of the new changes are helpful, but they always feel two or three years behind the modern technology software applications.

I wish Microsoft word grade their features, and to make it more fun to use, and advanced it more.

Pros

Microsoft word, unfortunately doesn't really have any competition, everything seems monopolized. So when I say it's good, it's because there's not much to compare it to. It's not that I'm super happy with the product. The overall Office suite, is of course useful and helpful, I just wish it was more advanced and modern.

Cons

Many powerful editing tools, helpful in document creation, but feels like it lacks common sense in so many features! The plugins on the MS Word update were a downgrade! the dictionary and thesaurus used to be instant, extremely fast and well built into the system, now with the stupid silly apps, it's slow, doesn't work half the time, and gives you hardly any context or words, the thesaurus works like the old one to a degree, but why ruin such a good thing? Only Microsoft would do that. I understand having the option as an add-on, but it should not have replaced the built-in features, with the downloaded dictionary, now it feels tacky and many of the words are too simple to use in print.

Top Microsoft 365 Alternatives

Google Cloud Storage

SoftMaker Office

Google Calendar

Ireshyn
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 11/01/2024

Complete solution for seamless integration across Microsoft Apps

Easy, complete solution for all document and data management.

Pros

User friendly complete experience with full integration allows for streamlining most processes and increased performance.

Cons

Some apps are tailored to power users and may need specialized PCs.

Claudia

Reviewed on 19/03/2024

Easy to use and manage all your working tools

Good experience, using it daily to edit, share and store files

Pros

360 Working tool, easy to use. Great for file and content sharing.

Cons

Lost files and lacking some useful features

Vigdalia
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 19/03/2024

No competition for Microsoft 365

Microsoft 365 has all that I need to be productive and organized. I love that I can save whatever I do in the cloud and use it whenever I need it. I love that I get all that I want from it, such as creating documents, spreadsheets, presentations, you name it! And now I have Copilot, so my mind is blowing up.

Pros

Oh My Dog! I've been using Microsoft for a long time, and this is one of the best inventions ever. I changed to Microsoft 365 from the very beginning when it was launched, and I wouldn't change it at all.

Cons

Microsoft 365 is one of my favorite things to work with, and so far I have found no difficulties managing it.

Christopher

Reviewed on 16/03/2024

Great product for us and our clients

I’ve used it for several years for work and personal use and plan to continue using it.

Pros

There are so many features and services to use in Microsoft 365. It helps us and our clients communicate and work efficiently. It’s rare for Microsoft services and applications to be down.

Cons

It feels like admin centers change often. Sometimes the price is a little too high.

Emma
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 14/03/2024

Microsoft 365 Review

Overall very good experience with M365 and use it on a daily basis for work

Pros

- used by most organisations, as we work with lots of partners it helpful to have the option to collaborate externally
- Lots of really useful functions which can all be accessed from the main page
- easy to use Teams page with ability to collaborate with team internally and schedule meetings

Cons

There are lots of functions I do not utilise and sometimes dont understand how to use

KERI
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 14/03/2024

Most powerful office tool!

I have had a great experience with Microsoft 365, using it daily at work. It not only helps my work but also enhances team collaboration.

Pros

The integration of tools like Word, Excel, and Outlook in Microsoft 365 enhances my work efficiency.

Cons

Although file syncing can be slow at times, overall it's still satisfactory.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 21/03/2024

A usefull productivity suite

Pros

The array of critical software works as you expect it to. Microsoft Teams can be quite useful and should not be ignored.

Cons

I prefer the functionality of Google Mail over Outlook.

Benjamin E
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 11/06/2019

Industry-Standard for a Reason

Pros

It just works. Documents go through without odd formatting issues or incompatibility problems. Everything works and the documentation and community are top-notch.

Cons

Basically, I had to pay for it, but that's the cost of doing business well.

WordPerfect Office

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Previous software packages were sometimes hard to use to get the results I was looking for. Missing documentation or poor community support didn't make it any easier. Finally, I decided I was done being an amateur, upgrading to an office suite that wouldn't cause problems with my clients.

Apache OpenOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

I used WP for years when I was in high school and college, but when it comes to cross-platform sharing, as I do as a writer dealing with multiple clients, compatibility issues are a poor excuse.
Brian
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

Great product, okay price

Good, stable, getting better. Due to recent global events (COVID-19), much of our workforce suddenly became work-from-home. Office 365 made this transition better than an on-premise solution.

Pros

In general, this product has worked quite well for our organization. Microsoft consistently adds features, but with us being in the government cloud, it can take time for these features to reach us (Planner took 30 months to reach us). On the other hand, these features are being added with greater regularity than the competition. For office software, Office 365 is the gold standard.

Cons

It's expensive. There is no flexibility on licensing. If you have 1000 licenses, you can license no more than 1000 people. 1001 is right out. Since it takes time to buy licensing (between our purchasing process and our licensing agent), we need to constantly run 2-5% extra licensing. This is in effect, a 2-5% increase to the cost of the software/service. I don't know if Microsoft factored this into their pricing scheme, but we did not when balancing the cost of this product vs. alternatives.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

feature set

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Google fails to provide an actual vanity URL for our people to use. (They say they do, but the files don't actually come from that URL.) This makes it far more difficult to protect our users from malicious files coming from other organizations. Also, every G Suite organization we spoke with told us we'd need to hire a full time scripter to get the suite working well for our users. This extra cost was almost the cost difference between G Suite and O365. This decision felt like a no-brainer.
Davide
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 22/08/2023

The king of the hill for decades - for good reason

It’s the most famous and used suite in the world, so we need to say more? It has its shortcomings, sure, but all in all it’s not much and practice makes perfect. Moreover, be it at individual level or at large corporate level, the suite is familiar and has your back covered.

Pros

Microsoft 365 is as popular as personal computers go, and for good reason. After decades of development, you couldn’t really ask for much more. The suite is rich, clean, and usable on-premise on Windows and Mac devices as well as online.

Cons

One of the biggest gripes I have is that sometimes the UI feels clunky, some basic features are buried in sub menus and other less used feature are more prominent. Other features are just plain clunky to use or to look at - sometimes you can see that its a suite that has been kept up to date through the years and not thought/rebuilt from the ground up, so to say. You can customise many aspects, but it’s a long process. I don’t think that this is a deal breaker at all, but some competitors do better and are less jarring especially when using a feature for the first time.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Microsoft suite is well established and its file formats are a world standard. I also find it easier to work with it since it’s so widely used and online you can find tutorial, help, third party integrations and all kind of tools
Carlos J.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

A complete set of extremely useful programs for work or home

Excel is what I use the most, and for me it is more than a spreadsheet creating tool, is a mathematical, drawing, statistical, and many more things tool.
Besides of using WORD as my document redaction tool to generate documentation for my projects, I also use it whenever I need to check a text redaction for written messages to be sent by e-mail or other text apps since I normally get better grammar suggestions with it.

Pros

I will mention a few of these programs to make a reference:
WORD offers probably the largest selection of font types on text managing apps. The panel control at the top (Ribbon) is very intuitive and consistent with all MS office tools, you get familiar with it quickly, and also adding numbering, bullets, or other visual helps to improve your document’s look is really easy, just highlight the paragraph you are working on, right-click on it and a mini-toolbar will appear so you can select what you need to edit, format, or add. In case of any grammar or typing errors are made, the program has a “real-time” spelling check that suggests spelling and grammar corrections, so your work can have the quality you need.
EXCEL is my workhorse, I use it to create tables, make calculations, generate graphs, and also make small programing routines. You could even create your own mini-ERP with this app.
POWERPOINT is the data show presentation tool by excellence, you can download multiple templates on line, and interact with it by activating the highlighter and pen features to write on top of your presentation.

Cons

On WORD Sometimes placing inserted images into your text becomes a little tricky, but with a little practice they end up in the right spot.
On EXCEL I have experienced some lag between the time you move your cursor in the cells, and when it actually moves, I guess we may be working on-line without knowing it :)

Claudia
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 07/02/2019

Offers great apps and tools to optimize productivity and communication

Perfect for business use. Lots of different apps and features that are very useful in businesses. It helps allow for better communication between coworkers, especially with Skype (for video conferencing), Microsoft Teams (for instant messaging), and Yammer (for creating polls, praise, and any updates). Office 365 has definitely helped me work more efficiently. I've gone from "working harder" to "working smarter" thanks to this software!

Pros

I like how it has OneDrive so that you can upload things onto the Cloud Drive so that you can share it with other users. I also like how you can create groups and put multiple e-mails. I also like how you can create calendars and share them with people (which is especially helpful in the business office setting to know when certain people have appointments/meetings, at work, on vacation, etc.). The instant message via Microsoft Teams is great too when trying to communicate with people in different offices. I also like how there are so many different apps I can utilize. There is Delve, Flow, Kaizala, OneNote, Yammer, and PowerApps, Dynamics 365. Unfortunately, I don't use these at my office, but I can see them being utilized fully in other businesses. I use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a lot. I like how all of these have templates too, so I can use those instead of starting from scratch. Excel has one for personal monthly budget, custom calendar, project trackers, lists, weekly timesheets, travel expense trackers, etc. All of these are so useful! All you have to do is input your own data/numbers/words because all the formulas are already preset. Microsoft Word has templates for resumes, business letters, event flyers, reports, newsletters, invitations, etc. They're all so wonderful and helpful!

Cons

I don't like how you are not able to import or export contacts easily between other e-mail platforms (i.e. google.com) and Outlook. I wish there was some way it could all sync up. Also, they have an app for Outlook, but it's not very user-friendly. A lot of functions are not available (i.e. open another mailbox) and it's hard to see the full e-mail window when I'm typing.

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

Not the Microsoft of the mid 2000s.

I'm the Dir of Technology for a small independent elementary school. I've seen the trends and frustrations and familiarity on peoples' parts swing from Office to Google and back again. I am often challenged by how much to learn there always is when looking at all of the capabilities, but genuinely enjoy the challenges because I learn something more about how to do my job better. There are small oddities at times that will make you scratch your head because two parts that were developed separately don't quite behave perfectly when they overlap [ Create a "Faculty Notebook" in OneNote / O365 for EDU and you can add other "Admins" to it to manage or contribute. Elevate and Office 365 group to a team and OneNote notebook because a StaffNotebook, but you cannot add another teammate as an admin on it because it originated in Teams and not OneNote. ] These are the sort of unexplainable behaviors that popcorn into the back of your head when you're using getting comfortable with scripting new user account creation via PowerShell in to your Office 365 environment (something I never thought I'd do) and keep you from 100% trusting it even though you can find a hundred ways to apply things in different methods or combinations to solve any problem you throw at it. Long way to say that I love Office 365 which is why it is so frustrating when it falters because I expect better of it.

Pros

Office 365 was a powerful move to the cloud and leveraged the familiarity of the Office Suite with the connectivity and enabling of collaboration on the cloud. At first, the cloud versions of familiar software was rough around the edges and missing a lot of the functionality that people knew in the desktop versions, even if they didn't use them regularly (or ever). Over time, Office 365 has steadily improved its various offerings, added more feature parity between the desktop and online versions and begun to integrate more seamlessly with workflows for a variety of people. With some vision of what "work" looks like outside of generating letter-size pieces of paper with text and images on it, the variety of tools surrounding the classic presentation, word processing, and spreadsheet software have introduced new methods for communicating and creating content together.

Cons

Sometimes the level of options can be overwhelming. Even with a fair amount of experience, it can be tricky to stay on top of changes or know all the ins and outs. The rapidity with which they address fixing problems is also applied often to perceived problems and that can lead to feeling like the documentation is always out of date or non-applicable and no one knows the right or simple answer to things.

Reviewed on 02/06/2019

Microsoft Office 365 Review

The ulitmate best experience possible out of all software suite packages that I use!

Pros

The software suite of apps are so Robust and you have them both on the cloud and on the desktop to use whatever way you desire. The MS software apps are the best money "can't buy" - meaning you can't buy any better apps than MS provides for each category you are dealing with. Their phone and/or remote session tech support is beyond the word "fantastic", and they immediately answer the phone when you call and get righton having remote sessions and finding and fixing the issues that need to be troubleshooted and rectified. All of this support is 100% free and for every application in the suite of apps provided...from Onedrive to OneNote to MS Word...and on and on!!!

Cons

Each app is so ROBUSt that it truly takes a gargantuan amount of time to really learn how to work with them if you really want to use them to their fullest potential. There is no "easy fx for this" and you have to expend the time and energy to learn the "ins and outs" of each app to know "how to work it". Consequently, the ONLY big issue I have is with OneDrive and OneNote...as they are 2 separate apps but the reality is that they are really ONE...meaning unless OneDrive is configured properly...OneNote will NOT work...and vice-versa. Therefore, it does take time to figure this all out as a new user...but now that I'm an experienced one, with many dozens of hours of tech support history "under my belt" - I now know what to do when I have to do a "clean install" of Windows 10 and reinstall the desktop apps again....as I learned the "hard knox way" what must be done from the "get go" to get BOTH theses apps going in the right flow! I recently purchased a brand new computer and i did NOt need tech support to assist me in installing Office 365 because I had learned all the "tricks of the trade" from past experience already, and I was able to do just fine installing the entire app suite alone without getting tech support on the phone!

Osamah
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

The Complete Package

I have been using Office 365 for over 7 years now and I am completely satisfied with it. It provides me with every product that I need like Word, OneDrive and PowerPoint. it runs smoothly and doesn't consume a lot of memory.

Office 365 has saved me many times when I needed to do some work and studies. I have become attached to it and I can't let it go now. it's simply my best package so far!

Pros

I am always asked to make a decent presentation, a proper and organized article, a database and many more other duties. Luckily I have Office 365. it is the absolute package that contains all of the necessary tools to get these duties accomplished.

All my favourite Softwares are gathered in one place ( Office 365 ). I use almost every product included in the package. PowerPoint to make perfect presentations to my college, Word to prepare a well-shaped article, and Excel to make some huge databases that contain tons of information and calculations!

I also use OneDrive which is a product included in Office 365 that gives you access to your files from anywhere, whether you're at home resting at your bed, or at the library studying or even in a vacation on the beach. You can access your files from literally anywhere!

One thing I like a lot about Office 365 is that once you get it, you will have it on your PC, on your phone and even on your Tablet or smartwatch!

Also, I like the fast-paced updates. with Office 365 you will always have Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint and many other products at the latest version as soon as it comes out!

Cons

While you can access your files at any time and from anywhere, you need an internet connection for that, so if you happen to not have an available internet connection, you will not be able to access your files at all.

Office 365 uses the latest technology and do updates for its products pretty often, Office 365 is so advanced to the point that sometimes it will not be compatible with some old systems and devices. Although you might be able to come around this problem but that process is very time-consuming.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

All the applications any organisation needed for daily use in one platform.

In the initial stage, we started using O365 globally with Skype for Business and Sharepoint Online only but after sometimes we realized that it comes with multiple other applications such as Exchange, Mobile Device Management ( Intune), Azure Active Directory and other office applications (Excel, word, etc). So little by little, we are planning to use 100% of O365 features.

At the moment we are using Skype For business and MS Teams as our main Video/Audio conference platform. Before we migrate to SFB we were using third-party vendor platform for audio calls which we paid based on the minutes and number of participants and after we migrate to O365 with Skype for Business this is only license cost per user and no additional charges, This saved a lot of money to Organization.

Sharepoint online also we are using to share documents and updates within the organization and within our business partners and customers.

Microsoft Intune we are using to manage our co-operate owned devices globally ( IOS & Android ).

Pros

Easy to access from anywhere in the world if you have an internet connection.
Possible of access online and edit or change any documents (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
Can access from any device to your account.
Skype for Business or MS Teams can use as a Video/Audio Conference tool.
O365 comes with Microsoft Intune which helps to manage your organization's mobiles and Portable devices( ex.IPADs).
Sharepoint Online helps you to create own Website to share documents, updates, etc within an organization or with external parties.
O365 is one of the greatest solution provided by Microsoft for any Organization which will cover at least 80% of the most needed applications in one platform.( Based on the licenses you purchased.)

Cons

Microsoft Intune limitation to setup Emails on an Android platform using a Fully managed profile when you have a none third party exchange platform that is not connected to Exchange Online.
Only "Gmail" and "Ninework" works with Intune Android emails.
New Sharepoint Online some features complex compared to the previous version for users who used to the previous version.

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Power Pack of Enterprise Security Features and Seamless Integration with Office Tools

Security is the major benefit of any Microsoft Product, Starting from setting the basic permission for email to configure the productivity suite products like Word or Microsoft based on the user permission is easy to handle in Office 365 compare to other products. Also, the Microsoft Teams allows integration with other popular enterprise product suites or apps JIRA and enables the smooth integration

Pros

Office 365 is the collection of all the well known Microsoft Collaboration and Productivity suite of tools that makes the business simpler and powerful without compromising the security. Starting from outlook email access to office tools like Word/Powerpoint it is easy to configure based on the user settings and allows to host the enterprise application through comp portal. Specifically, the support for mobility is amazing. It allows me to configure the office email setup without any additional work based on the rules set by the administrator.

Cons

One of the major drawback is, it will not allow work properly if you have more than one office 365 accounts. In my case, My client and my organization both are started to use the Office 365 as the primary hosting platform. And most of the cases, it will request me to delete any of the other accounts and I need to re-configure to check the other email. Switching between the accounts is not easy.

sameer
sameer

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Office 365- The ultimate software package that manages all day to day work related tasks.

My overall experience with Office 365 products has been really amazing. I can assure that for me these products are the real work companions who help me manage my teams and work in very fast and effective manner . I cannot imagine my laoptop without these products and without these it would be really impossible for me to manage such large data and teams. A big shoutout to Microsoft for all that they do!

Pros

Well, as it is a bunch of softwares including excel, PPT, Word, onenote, outlook, teams, skype etc. I specifically use the above mentioned softwares on a day to day basis and each one has there own set of unique advatages and functionality that the others don't have. But I were to generalize, I would say that the seamlessness, smoothness and the cutting edge technology with which all these applications work is the part is like the most about these softwares. For example, data handling and data comparison with formulaes like Vlookup, Hlookup are the best and most unique features that only Excel provides.

Cons

The only thing that I least like about the Office products is the sudden shutdown of these applications whenever we have opening a bit heavy files on these softwares. Once, they show the sign of "Not Responding" , I just prepare for loosing my 2-3 hours of heard work since in sudden crash, these softwares are at times not able to retain the work done in last few hours (though once in a blue moon they are able to recover but most of the times they don't). On the communication side, one feature of skype for business that I like the least is that once the laptop is started it takes quite a lot of time to connect to the server as compared to other similar products available in the market and thus at times wastes some time of the end user who wants to chat to someone on an urgent basis. Last but not the least, some work could be done for sure to make the GUI of teams a bit user friendly since for me it was quite difficult and i took some time to understand its features and functionalities.

Ben
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 06/09/2017

Office 365 is awesome. That's really all I can say.

Cheap, easy to manage, and capable office productivity software.

Pros

Office 365 brings so many excellent features to "boring" productivity programs.

First, the syncing of files across machines, accounts, and cloud storage is brilliant. I can't believe we used to email files.

Second, the stability of programs is greatly improved. Office 365, as a subscription service, gives us constant updates, which is great for bug-fixes, feature improvements, and new capabilities.

Third, the integration into the Microsoft ecosystem is great. We already use Outlook and OneDrive, so now that we only have to pay a single price for all these services spiraled into one is great.

Fourth, look and feel. Office 365 looks so much better than it used to. Not only does our work look better, but on a daily basis we gripe much less than we used to about the ugly windows we stare at for hours.

Fifth and final, Office 365 is just so easy to manage. No more worries about compatibility issues after an upgrade. No more worries about onboarding new accounts, or even waiting for installation from the admin. It's just so easy now.

Cons

Office 365 has some glaring bugs that have just never been fixed. For example, if a file is synced to an off-site location (whether that be in the cloud, a network drive, etc), and the web connection gets interrupted or is not stable, there can be sync issues which lead to conflicting versions of the same file. This is an easy issue to avoid, but it has bitten us a few times.

Over all, the biggest con is just some ugly bugs that seem to endure.

Vikas

Reviewed on 15/09/2021

Great colloboration & Productivity tool which can do almost anything one can think of.

My overall experience with Microsoft 365 has been phenomenal. Half of them time I am away from my desk and I needed a software which allows me to keep working on my files/presentations even when I am not near a computer. And with a single license I can use MS 365 on my office smartphone, my personal Iphone and as well as on my son iPad.
And the integration with OneDrive has made it so much easier to share the documents with my teams immediately after I am finished with it.

Pros

Microsoft 365 contains all the common products everyone is using for more than 2 decades.
Word, Excel, power Point , outlook are the products which are known to everyone and then the new products like One Note and OneDrive has greatly extended the features and capabilities of Office/Excel and Power Point. While using PowerPoint we can make beautiful presentations or using Word we can document any thought or processes, and using excel we can do any numbered/mathematical tasks one can think of, by combining them with OneNote and OneDrive we can collaborate and share all out documents/presentations/sheets with other team members and even with people who don't have 365.

Cons

One of the drawbacks of Microsoft 365 is that we needs internet access to access the documents/sheets/powerpoints and other files. There has been instances when team members are in a remote location/underground subway and they don't have stable internet connectivity , it makes really hard for them to work on it.
Another concern which has been raised by our security team is that all confidential files and data are not shared on cloud instead of being on premises which makes it vulnerable to be hacked.

Rosie
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 21/04/2022

Great all Around Collection Of Tools

I have used Microsoft for a very long time, and has been a go to for my company for many of its features and apps. There is more competition on the market now with other products but I still love using my Microsoft products more than the others. The full text search is phenomenal because it save me time on various projects. The cost of the software is also very reasonable, and it also very easy to use.

Pros

Having different productivity and office tools that work together is a really helpful thing because we don't have to create the integrations they are set in the software itself. The apps are really easy to use and integrate well with Google based apps that do the same thing so documents, spreadsheets and presentations can be used on both Google apps and Microsoft apps which comes in very handy. The ability to be able work offline is amazing. So work can continue even when on the move or when there is no internet connection.

Cons

The constant updating and the amount of space it ends up taking on laptops especially is one of the things I don't like about this software. Also some of the integrations we use are only available if we are using the browser versions of the apps. I don't care for the online version of Outlook for example but the app is my go-to for emails. The developer program is one of the worst experiences Ive had. It got added to one of our computers and that computer never worked the same, the experimental updates that were almost weekly had the computer missing some of its functionality on a regular basis.

Jamie
Jamie
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 23/02/2018

The Office suite that we all need to use, but with the benefits of the cloud.

In the business world, there really is no alternative to Office 365 at this time. Google and other competitors are getting closer, but they still don't match the selection and power of Office 365.

Pros

With Office 365, I feel like Microsoft Office has caught up to modern technology in business. Office 365 installs quickly, offers a wide selection of tools, and integrates well across the product line. OneDrive has changed the way that I store important work file on my computer. Knowing there is an online backup is reassuring. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook are what you expect, but with the subscription model you have the comfort of knowing you have the very latest version of each program as it is updated. The online portal also gives you access to the programs from remote locations, making working from home a breeze. I also like that Microsoft is using Office 365 as an umbrella of sorts for their business products. Seeing SharePoint, Dynamics 365, Teams, and Yammer in the same portal of Office gives the perception that they are all part of one product family.

Cons

By using portal.office.com, you can see a nice dashboard of all the 365 service/apps that you have access to. However, even if an admin has limited your use of an app, it still shows on the site. For example... Microsoft Teams seems like a great tool. However, to get full use out of it, you need to have a group created to form the team. If an admin had prohibited you from creating a group, you still see MS Teams even though you cant use its main functionality.

I have worked with both OneDrive as part of Office 365 and Google Apps for Business. Both storage solutions offered by Microsoft and Google sync great and are accessible through a desktop app, web browser, and mobile device. However, it is so much easier to share with Google Drive/Docs. We constantly run into permission issues with OneDrive sharing.

The obvious con is that Microsoft could make the Office suite better... always. I dont know if we will ever stop complaining about features and functions of Word, Excel and PowerPoint. However, they are the standard in business for now... Google Suite and some other tools are creeping in.