About Divvy

Divvy is a free cloud-based accounting and expense management solution for businesses. Key features include managing payments and subscriptions, building strategic budgets, automated expense reports and virtual cards. Divvy...

Browse Divvy Reviews

Brett W.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great Company Spend & Budgeting Tool

We wanted a solution for our different departments to have control over their spend while making sure we still had firm controls and oversight in place. Divvy met all those requirements for free.

Pros

Divvy has a great budgeting tool that allows you to easily segment departments so that they are in control of their own spend. Their app is easy to use to keep track of reciepts and ensure your team is in compliance. Best of all everything is free.

Cons

Getting set up and a credit line is a bit cumbersome as I have seen other companies have a much easier onboarding and offer higher levels of credit.

Miriam C.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

Seems too good to be true — but it's true

Expense management is not a stressor in my life because of Divvy, and for that I am eternally grateful.

Pros

Divvy is as simple as it gets with expense management. Everyone on the platform, from myself as the one who implemented it for our team to the newest employee just onboarding, has had such an easy time navigating it and understanding their role on the platform. It is intuitive, quick, and seamless. The customer service team is second to none and any time we've had a request or question we get help right away from the best team out there.

Cons

Business reporting could be made a little more nuanced for teams to be able to play with more views etc. in the dashboard, but this isn't a big enough con to move away from Divvy to anything else and they take innovation seriously. I won't be surprised to see more functionality here launch in the near future if enough customers are asking for it.

Expensify

Expensify
John E.

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Divvy Is an excellent choice

Overall i love using Divvy. It has made my work easier.

Pros

For me the best thing about this is i don't have to keep track of paper receipts anymore, they are all stored on Divvy's server that i can look at and download anytime. The product is very easy to use and it's extremely easy to implement company wide.

Cons

Not really any features that are missing, in fact they add features that i didn't even know i needed. As for upgrades i would like to see reimbursements be charged to the card instead of going through payroll. I don't mind that there is a fee for it, but i would like to see the possibility of using the card to reimburse some through paypal or venmo etc. To me there was nothing difficult about using Divvy, it's all very user friendly. Integration into our business was very easy.

Top Divvy Alternatives

QuickBooks Online Advanced

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks Online

Aaron A.

Divvy is amazing!!!

We are now much more efficient. No more looking for 3-4 different software to handle all our needs because Divvy does them all in a perfect way.

Pros

Best expense software I have ever used. Our time reviewing and/or approving expenses is now cut in half. No more reimbursements. The budget features are also amazing. We have been looking for a better way to budget our expenses and Divvy does an amazing job at budget management.

Cons

I kinda wish we had to pay for it to let them know how much we appreciate it. It's that good.

Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Divvy

Divvy was the clear winner because it's so easy to use. The features are exactly what we were looking for and the best part is that its totally free.
Kelly G.

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

Divvy is BY FAR the best product for expenses!

Divvy is AMAZING! Their customer service team is very well trained. From implementation to my managing representative to regular customer service - Their team is top notch.

Pros

Divvy is easy to use for users and admins alike. The setup is very easy to do, and my organization was able to hit the ground running from the day we had cards in hand.

Cons

The only con is that it doesn't integrate with QuickBooks Desktop. There is a workaround that is very helpful. I am just waiting for the day when I can use it with Desktop.

Anthony B.

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

Works great for our company!

Our company can easily see where and by whom the money is spent in real time and we can set the amount on how much each person spends.

Pros

I was able to roll out company wide usage in a matter of weeks. The software is intuitive and employees reported back to me that they enjoyed using it.

Cons

Integrating ACH payments was cumbersome and we had several vendors confused about how they were getting paid.

SAP Concur and Expensify

Reasons for Choosing Divvy

Ease of use, much better software

Reasons for Switching to Divvy

Cost, ease of use, and better reporting
Cassie C.

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

We love divvy for our crews

We really like the budget feature for our crews. We are able to set monthly budgets for each person which has helped us to cut expense costs.

Pros

We love that we can assign budgets. It has really helped us to track expenses per job. The receipt feature is probably our most favorite part of Divvy. Having the ability to simply take a picture of your receipt and have it uploaded on the spot has greatly cut down missing and unreadable receipts. This is a major plus for a construction company.

Cons

Sometimes the upload feature won't work. However they have recently upgraded this feature to allow admins to upload receipt pictures for other user. So when the upload won't work for my guys in the field they simply send the picture to me and I can enter it.

Joseph B.

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

Easiest Expense Tracking on the Market

The time it takes for us to reconcile expenses with our over 200 volunteers worldwide is so fast compared to our old system. The time-save alone is worth it to us. The cash back and superb customer service is icing on the cake.

Pros

Divvy software is super simple to use and very user friendly. We were able to set up and implement Divvy globally in just two days. We have saved thousands just by switching to Divvy and our expense reconciliation takes a fraction of the time it used to take when we did manual receipts.

Cons

There are a few items that aren't as customizable as we'd like when it comes to setting up budgets. We've submitted requests for the development team to work on it and they informed us the features we were requesting are already in processed and should be rolled out soon.

Bradley A.

Reviewed on 28/10/2019

Divvy gives us control!

Divvy allows us to control our spending, which let's us sleep at night knowing that we aren't being taken advantage of. The app works flawlessly which makes our office staff happy! Divvy has a great product all around!

Pros

I love the fact that we can proactively budget and "send" money to our crews as they need it, rather than giving them just a credit card which they could use at their discretion.

Cons

With Divvy being the software company, not the bank, their user interface is slightly limited with regards to something like a fraud issue, but customer service more than makes up for it! Their team is wonderful to deal with!!!

Lindsey R.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 08/02/2021

Amazing product!

We love Divvy!! It really has been the perfect fit for our company. I would highly recommend it to other companies who use company credit cards.

Pros

I love how simple it is for all employees to use. We have employees of all ages with different levels of comfort with technology. It was a smooth transition and anytime we had questions they were right there to help. The fact that they offer an awesome product for FREE is amazing and unheard of!!

Cons

The reporting function is really awesome but the review process could use a little tune up. If a transaction is marked as "reviewed" while it is listed as "incomplete" (missing receipt, description, etc.) it removes the incomplete status which makes it tricky to see which transactions are truly incomplete.

Anne-marie W.
  • Industry: Printing

Throw Out Your Petty Cash Box

Divvy has been great and I would 100% recommend it. The customer service is top notch and they continue to make enhancements. We switched to Divvy to replace our old school petty cash system and to replace the Home Depot credit cards that we had for our installers. The new system works GREAT! Each person requests funds when they are running low, they take pictures of their receipts as soon as the purchase is made and money is deducted daily from our business checking account. It also integrates nicely with QuickBooks. There are a ton of other features that we do not make use of but as we continue to grow I'm sure that will change.

Pros

I don't have to think about it. Once it's set up it just does what it's supposed to.

Cons

It might just be me but it's not visually intuitive. I find that I have to click several things before I get to where I want to be.

Holly L.

Game changer!

Pros

The level of detail and control provided by using Divvy has been a game changer. We have multiple users using cards daily, with little info over what budgets they were charging against. We were also making payments against our current card that would take many days to process and become usable again. Divvy changed all of this. We now know what every dollar is being spent for, and our payments are posted almost instantly. Also, the customer service at Divvy is the best!

Cons

There is really nothing I don't like about Divvy!

• Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 07/01/2021

Worth the switch

We can also track our budgets and control spend before we go over budget, instead of after which has been a huge game changer as well.

Pros

Divvy was an amazing change for us to consolidate our company credit cards on to one platform. We were able to maximize our credit card points while making the process of adding or removing employee cards soo much easier.

Cons

Dislike the expense approval process, it takes too many clicks to verify the purchase and view the receipt

Andrew B.

Divvy Review

I love Divvy. It's a great resource that helps our company stay on budget.

Pros

Divvy's customer support is first class. When something goes wrong, or a mistake is made by a user or myself, the support team never fails in resolving the issue immediately.

Cons

I wish there were more webinars available to train, but they may already exist and I just haven't seen them or used them properly.

Meghan W.

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

Amazing Software and Better Customer Service

Pros

This software is very easy to use. You have functionality on your mobile phone and computer. The receipts show up right away on your app and from an accounting perspective the product is exactly what we need

Cons

None, that I have ran across at this time

• Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 08/04/2020

Amazing company

They are one of my favorite vendors and I use them daily

Pros

Divvy is by far the best expense management system out there. The software is incredible! Their support is too notch

Cons

The credit card functions as a charge card and it’s impossible to carry a balance. There also isn’t a strong cash rewards system

Cameron T.

Construction Manager review

We have been able to better track daily expenses, employees over spending, managing budgets and project proformas.

Pros

It comes with the mobile app, it is quick and user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes, it is hard to navigate on the software unless you have been practicing on the website.

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Make the Change Today!

Pros

I've used a certain software that most are familiar with for years and switched to Divvy recently. Managing company credit cards has never been easier. Expense reporting is also far superior to the other software most use. The best feature is that I can set limits for managers or VP's at the office and track what they're using their cards for the moment a transaction is made.

Cons

Customer service can be challenging, but they're really helpful once you get a hold of a representative.

Michael H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Convenient and rewarding

Pros

I love how easy it is to create, update budgets, add categories for better accounting. Really love the rewards page and how clear everything is.

Cons

The budgets don't reset automatically but we login everyday so we update the budgets at the beginning of the month to reset the spending caps.

Steve H.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Reviewed on 09/12/2020

Best Expense Management Software Out There

Pros

Divvy makes it seamless to set, adjust, spend and track expenses.

Cons

Tough to say. I think they have done a fantastic job overall.

Becky M.
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

Great for small business

Overall, Divvy is very helpful. Their customer service reps are always very pleasant. My complaints are about the way the website and app function.

Pros

Divvy is great for tracking expenses and allows for employees to have their own card for purchases.

Cons

The worst part of Divvy is the approval process. It's not user friendly and doesn't make much sense. It can be a nightmare for companies that are audited.

Christopher N.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Game Changing Expense Management and Budgeting Tool

There are very few products on the market that solve so many needs and provide you a world class solution for FREE. My firm rarely gives good reviews for software products since both of our owners come from a software background, but we gladly promote Divvy!

Pros

Divvy is the greatest tool I have in my accounting arsenal. Divvy allows me complete control over spending, expense management, and budgeting. Divvy allows me to have real time expense data with the support I need to back it up. Divvy saves thousands of dollars a year (if not tens of thousands)! They are quick to respond and always rolling out great features to keep this product ahead of everything on the market by leaps and bounds.

Cons

There currently isn't a way for me to manage multiple clients within the web / app - that would be a huge feature add. Otherwise, it's a fantastic software that is learning and growing.

Jymi R.

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

Grateful

Pros

The physical card has a chip. Our employees can use the phone application on the go. Uploading receipts have been a blessing.

Cons

Our main issue so far has been operator error.

Dallas M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 22/02/2020

Divvy is a great way to manage company spending

Great experience so far, I think my company will stay with it for a long time to come. It has worked perfectly for us, and before we would just spend on personal cards and apply for reimbursement, but this is a much superior process.

Pros

As a user, I have a company card through Divvy, attached to the app, and it has been a real simple tool to use. I can go in before I make the purchase and choose what budget it needs to come out of, or if I forget, as long as the transaction went through, I can classify which budget after the fact if needed. The app is almost instant as far as seeing transactions, and the app notifications are great.

Cons

The only thing I could really mention is that the app asks for a picture of a receipt if you need to put one in there, and then saves that photo to my gallery too. I'm sure that's as intended, but it would be nice if that photo lived strictly in the app, and not saved to my phone as well.

Robert B.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Business Credit Cards that work with you

Managing employee spending and transactions used to be a complex process of employee spends money submits an expense report and gets reimbursed. Now with Divvy we can assign company credit cards where we manage the funding on a card by card group by group basis as needed without the need to reimburse employees directly for business transactions.

Pros

The ease of implementation was something that cannot be overlooked. We quickly set up employees with unique cards and were able to easily manage spending levels from the intuitive user interface.

Cons

We have not experienced any cons related to the software yet.