Zoho Campaigns Reviews

About Zoho Campaigns

Zoho Campaigns is a cloud-based email marketing and SMS marketing software from Zoho's suite of applications. This product enables businesses to reach out and engage with their customers by automating the marketing process, from...

4.2

• Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 26/11/2022

Cost effective alternative to Mailchimp

Exceptional and very strong competitor of mailchimp

Pros

Its price as this is good and really competitive on pricing when compared with mailchimp

Cons

When I create campaign designs and want to undo changes, i goto the back button thus loosing my designs.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Campaigns

Mailchimps cost was very high

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Campaigns

As I was using Zoho CRM integration was easier and seamless.
Ray
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 20/09/2023

Best Autoresponder/Email Campaign Site I've Found

Excellent! genuinely the best autoresponder/email campaign program I've ever found, after trying several!

Pros

requires little maintenance. sends our media ministry's email newsletters seamlessly with little issue, and if you ever do have an issue, the live chat on the site is quick and helpful. we can also easily send a quick announcement or marketing message to all of our subscribers at any time.

Cons

to be expected after using the platform for several years, have run into a few kinks and bugs. they are always addressed with great live chat help however.

JJ
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 24/07/2020

I feel like I'm a beta tester.

Clunky, slow and an overall terrible user experience.

From a distance, it looks shiny with a ton of functionality. But when you actually start using it, you'll see a myiad of small aesthetics that don't look right (loading bar doesn't extend full width, loading dots are blurred) and the loading times are among the slowest for any software I've ever used.

Now all of those things are OK, because functionality is what matters the most, right?

This would be true if the functionality of the platform actually worked as intended. We've run into issues like:

-Duplicating a workflow gets stuck and never duplicates. The bug required Zoho team to fix it on their side which took 3-5 business days.
-Changing a font color for an HTML email doesn't work. You'll see the updated font color in the HTML code, and in the email preview you will see the font color you want. But when you send the email, the font color is almost always wrong.
-Their simple condition filter in their workflow component didn't work originally. I had to speak to their engineering team twice to show them the problem, and then they fixed it 5 days later.

The list goes on and on. I wish this program just worked and I didn't have to write this review.

The one good thing about this software is that their customer service team is very responsive, and they normally fix the problems. But again, I feel like I'm a beta tester working with them through all of these bugs.

I don't recommend this software to anyone.

Pros

Campains has a lot of features out of the box and is a very affordable option for startups looking for an email solution.

Cons

This entire platform is riddled with bugs, quirks, and errors that make your job so much harder. When things don't work, you normally assume you're doing it wrong with most software. Not with Zoho Campaigns.

When things don't work, it's most likely broken on their side. 3 months into using this software every day, and we've already reported 3 different instances where their software was not working as intended.

If I was getting this software for free, that would be OK. But since we're paying hundreds of dollars each month to use it, this is not acceptable.

Campaign Monitor by Marigold

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Campaigns

Because campaigns was cheaper and had similar functionality. Plus, we are using Zoho CRM so we wanted the two programs to have a seamless sync.

Top Zoho Campaigns Alternatives

Campaign Monitor by Marigold

Benchmark Solutions Practice Management

Reviewed on 04/05/2024

Digital Marketing HQ Platform

Pros

Tremendous sales analytics and optimisation.
Reliable cloud CRM for optimum customer engagement.
Customer retention and prospects gain.

Cons

Nothing to complain because it fully meet all.

chandan
chandan
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

Zoho Campaigns excellent support and attractive pricing

My experience with Zoho Campaigns is excellent. Account Manager is helpful solving all my queries. They helped us to set up our account from scratch.

Pros

Zoho Campaigns provide excellent support. It is a SaaS based email marketing tool with all automation features. We can create responsive email templates, attractive landing pages, list segmentation and many more. it comes with many integration. We can add calendar option in our mail. It is a excellent for promoting webinar through email.

Cons

Analytics is very poor. If they can work on Analytics and bring some advance features, Zoho has the capability to become leader in this segment

Tarundeep
Tarundeep

Reviewed on 20/02/2023

Good Entry Level Product

You can find almost all features that other email marketing software offer in Zoho Campaign at a very affordable price. Rather than burning cash on on expensive software, marketing teams can choose this software to get started with their email campaigns. Supports automation workflows, transaction emails and can build complex user journeys.

Pros

The best thing about this product is the native integration with Zoho CRM. We use Zoho CRM and it seamlessly integrates with it allowing us to run workflows and basic email automation campaigns. I would totally recommend it to marketing teams that use Zoho CRM.

Cons

I feel sometimes the email templates aren't mobile-friendly. This could severely impact the performance of the campaigns. I generally prefer HTML templates that work pretty well with this application.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Campaigns

Zoho Campaigns was bundled in Zoho One plan which also includes CRM software.
Sundar

Reviewed on 22/09/2023

Fun to use

Building the email list, sending preliminary and final campaigns are very easy to set up and send.

Pros

The ease of use and the simple interface makes it very easy to do this job that is very productive for the marketing purpose.

Cons

Permission email management is a bit time consuming.

Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Campaigns

It is about the suitability to the market that I live in and work.
Regie

Reviewed on 19/09/2023

ZOHO Campaigns- Why use anything else?

Easy to use. Great and quick support.

Pros

Easy to learn, use and access. I like the integration features.

Cons

None at this time. I've used other email marketing software and this is the best

Makhdum

Reviewed on 04/11/2023

Easy to use and cost effective

Pros

It's cost-effective and easy to implant with any platform. It also provides an agency portal which is very helpful for agency

Cons

It's take time to populate data after the campaign you launch

• Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 13/09/2022

Great value, works well with Zoho Suite

Very positive

Pros

Integration with Zoho CRM and part of Zoho One

Cons

List management and email customization, email templates

We got as part of Zoho Ome

Part of Zoho One, value for money, integration

Reviewed on 11/08/2018

You can’t go wrong with Zoho.

We really like the seamlessness and ease of the Zoho programs, especially the Campaigns program. We use it to send out emails every week or so, and we have yet to encounter an issue that the tech support couldn’t fix. As our experience with Invoice and Campaigns were positive, we are more inclined to use other Zoho programs, especially if their pricing is as reasonable as with Invoice and Campaigns.

Pros

As we currently use Zoho Invoice to manage our invoices and estimates, we decided to try out Zoho Campaigns for our campaign management. It is very easy to use and very easy to teach to clients to which we refer Zoho Campaigns. The price of Campaigns is very reasonable, especially compared to a lot of other campaign programs. I also like the social campaigns, as sometimes it’s more useful to use social media rather than email. It is also handy to allow multiple users post social media campaigns.

Cons

I just wish that there were more customization options available for the email campaigns. There are a few options available, but the ability to design the perfect email from scratch would be handy. There are quite a few good options to get you started, but for those who wish to make the campaign their own, there are not as many features. Even though the program is very affordable for smaller businesses, it scales up rather quickly, especially the jump between 2,500 and 2,501 recipients. However, it is still the best price for the options.

Susang
Susang

Reviewed on 07/07/2022

Simplest way to stay connected with all your customers

Zoho Campaigns can easily integrate with other Zoho apps which allows for centralizing all our work. This improves our overall working efficiency

Pros

It is very easy to design and schedule email campaigns using Zoho campaigns. The reports are very much extensive which enables us to draw very cool and in-depth insights. Also loading contact lists and segmenting them is pretty awesome and easy.

Cons

Honestly, I do not have any dislike for Zoho Campaigns

More features were required

Moosend

Reviewed on 25/08/2015

DO NOT RECOMMEND

We are a tech publisher sending around 50,000 eNewsletters per week. On the face of it Zoho Campaigns seems well laid out and particularly attractive when you read that it is integrated with Zoho CRM - which was one reason we went with it. It also provides good reporting of meta data - another major reason we chose to use it.

And then you start to get into the nitty gritty. First impressions are pretty good. But when you dig deeper and you find that screens and integrations have been designed that don't actually work, the integration with Zoho CRM doesn't work, subscriber management forms lack flexibility, data handling is dreadful, fields are duplicated, forms lack flexibility. So you jump onto forums and start digging around and find there are significant defects and obvious bugs that have been hanging around for years. Here's just one simple example - we uploaded employee numbers - now when users use the standard form, the dropdown (configured with 5 options) now has every single value that was loaded as a dropdown option. In the end you lose confidence that the guys that support the product have any idea what they are doing, and certainly Zoho is not investing in fixing it.

I am also increasingly concerned that the reputation of the sending servers is poor and costing us in high bounce rates due to security policies. We have managed to work around the frustrations and get a working model in place, but email reputation is a black box and I lack any confidence that these guys are managing it well.

My advice - look at other options.

Pros

Do not take it at face value.

Cons

Many bugs that are not getting fixed. Reasonably well designed software but very badly implemented and obviously lacking any robust test/fix cycles.

Response from Zoho

We regret the inconvenience caused. Our support team will get in touch with you shortly if they haven't already.

Replied 27/08/2015
Rahul
Rahul

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

Marketing activities made simple by Zoho

An amazing solution to handle email & sms marketing acatuvities. Very cost effective, they have very gold customer support based on different time zone.

Pros

Soho campaign is a very good product to manage both email and SMS campaigns.

Cost-effective
User friendly
Spam controlled
Feature loaded

Cons

To be honest there is price list made me bit confused, took time to understand.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Campaigns

Cost and features and support
Alexis

Reviewed on 15/07/2023

Keep your customers informed

By having it integrated with the CRM, I have had a better understanding of what the contacts do with the campaigns received. We've been able to take better follow-up actions for campaign openers and clickers.

Pros

Very easy to create a stylish and informative template. Excellent for segmenting contacts according to specific topics. It is very good for tracking emails and additional actions.

Cons

Even though template customization has improved quite a bit, I still feel there are possible improvements, for example importing videos, layout options can be improved. They are small things that do not affect the good of the software at all.

Brian

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Intuitive, feature-rich, easy integrations, very affordable.

Overall, Zoho Campaigns has been an exceptional platform for our outbound efforts and we would recommend without reservation.

Pros

My top 4 pros are the following:
Integrates very well with my CRM (also Zoho) and syncs subscibers based upon my list requirements.
Exceptional reporting module delivering both dashboard and deep-dive data (especially when coupled with Zoho Reports).
Very user-friendly. Hired a new Marketing Specialist and she was up and running within hours.
As part of the Zoho One package, there is not a more robust email/social outbound marketing platform on the market at similar dollar investment.

Cons

While the number of pre-designed templates are impressive, it is still somewhat limited.
List segmentation is the only aspect of the system that is less intuitive.

Nathan

Reviewed on 23/05/2018

Affordable Email Marketing Tool

If you do decide to go with Zoho, be sure to check out the other Zoho Applications! They work very well together and can really enhance workflow!

Pros

The cost of the various Zoho applications is very low allowing you to get the features you need and save on the fluff you don't need. Beyond just the pricing, we have found Zoho Campaigns to be a great way to market to our email list. The analytics are great as well!

Cons

If you are looking for all the bells and whistles, you might choose a tool that has more features than you need at the moment expecting that you might need them later. This is one case in which it might make sense to go with a different option. Additionally, some of our team mentioned that the User Interface is not as appealing as other email marketing tools.

hichem
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

easy to use, and reduce the working time.

Pros

. An easy interface so you can learn it very fast.
. Have a perfect and nice dashboard, so you can manage the progress of your campaign.
. The price to the value reasonable compared with other similar services.
.Zoho invoices are very useful and help a lot in tracking the payments.
. You will the social media campaigns which is very important now maybe even more important than email marketing.
.And they always have new fetures from time to time.

Cons

. The most thing I don't like it In Zoho that you can't make your own campaign from scratch.
.you are limited with the templates that they provided it to you.
.to set up your account it can a little bit hard and tricky, but after that evry thing go smoothly

Jim
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 20/09/2023

Better than alternatives

Very satisfied. Highly recommended.

Pros

I tried many email services as a marketer. Zoho Campaigns is better in terms of price, speed and simplicity. Now it takes 1 minute for me to send my campaigns.

Cons

Please add more contact limits per subscripition.

Nicholas

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Zoho Campaigns has increased our visibility to our customer base for getting out to the world.

Pros

It has allowed us to create some exciting campaigns and marketing tools to get visibility to our customer base. Overall it has increased our income by a lot in the last year since we start to use the Campaigns feature. My CEO and COO are excited to see what the next year will bring as this feature grows and we grow with it.

Cons

Zoho has knocked this feature out of the park and I have zero cons to say about it at this time. Keep creating awesome software guys.

kim

Reviewed on 08/02/2019

Easy to use, after you do it a couple of times

It is easy to start a campaign and from the analytics see he opens it, call them while your email is still fresh in their minds, then move onto the next step.

Pros

You can use their stock templates or create your own. Adding pictures is very easy, along with call to action buttons. The Zoho team test it before you send it out to make sure it will work in all formats.

Cons

You can't resend a campaign without cloning it.

Reunaldo
Reunaldo

Reviewed on 20/02/2023

Zoho Campaigns: Reviews

Pros

What I like best about Zoho Campaigns is how simple it is to use. The interface is simple and straightforward, making it simple to create, customize, and send marketing campaigns. Furthermore, Zoho Campaigns provides powerful features for effectively segmenting customers and tracking performance metrics to help you optimize your campaigns.

Cons

I didn't like how limited the design options in Zoho Campaigns were. It was difficult to create truly unique and eye-catching graphics and visuals for my campaigns. Furthermore, the analytics and reporting features were not as robust as I would have liked.

Abigail
Abigail
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

Free Email and Social Campaign Software.

I've had Zoho for years but never used any other the other tools except the CRM and Zoho Social. While looking for a free email marketing software I remembered Zoho and decided to check if they supported email marketing.

Zoho campaign dashboard and UI is a bit complicated compared to other Softwares, however, once I got over the unfamiliar dashboard design, it was easy to navigate around.

Rather than creating an email campaign, I created a social campaign. Which was easy and straightforward. I linked my Zoho campaign to twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. The social campaign feature doesn't seem special at first glance but it is.

One feature which stood out was that under Social campaign, you can create a post campaign or a page campaign. I still don't understand the difference between a post campaign and creating/scheduling posts normally on Zoho Social but what impressed me was the page campaign feature.

A page campaign is a sort of email campaign added as a tab on your facebook page called "My Social Promotion" Most of the templates were unattractive but I preferred building my own template or using their blank/basic template and customizing it to my taste.

While I'm not awed by the email campaign function as it functions almost the same as Benchmark email, I am very impressed with the social campaign.

Pros

Unlike most email marketing software Zoho paid plan is cheap. Even better, Zoho campaign provides value for your money through the social campaign feature. Its' slike a 2-for 1 deal.
Easy to use... Once you get used to the UI

Cons

Some of the campaign templates are rather unattractive, However, they make up for this by providing basic /blank templates for users to customize.

Nalika
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 06/05/2022

Easy email managing

Pros

I love that it is easy to integrate with a lot of software that we use. It is also very easy to use and navigate

Cons

I think that they can improve on the amount of immediate (real-time) sync that they have as this would make it easier for users to get work done quicker.

Milthon
Milthon

Reviewed on 18/06/2018

I like the Zoho Camaign because I can integrate, use and create a campaing in very easy way

Easy to use, integrations and the effective it is when sending email campaigns

Pros

I love this software because it allows me to send massive email campaigns for an incredibly good price, it is easy to use and, best of all, you can synchronize it with your CRM database, allowing you to create much more effective marketing campaigns based on the information of your database

Cons

The monthly payment is a bit high for the number of shipments allowed per month, I would like it to be more economical and second, improve the platform a bit since it looks a bit old compared to other services