Zoho Books Reviews

Visit Website

About Zoho Books

Zoho Books comes with automatic bank feeds, collaborative client portal, accounting and taxing, online payments, invoice templates and analytical reports. The system allows users to manage multiple time sheets of different...

4.2
4.2

Browse Zoho Books Reviews

Raksha
Raksha

Reviewed on 02/02/2023

Comprehensive Review of Zoho Books: The All-in-One Accounting Solution

Overall, the experience with Zoho Books is generally positive. The software is well-designed, user-friendly, and provides a range of features to support accounting and financial management. The integrations with other Zoho apps and tools are a big plus for businesses that already use Zoho products. The mobile app is also a useful feature for businesses that need to access financial information on the go.

Pros

I liked the following features of Zoho BooksUser-friendly interface with quick access to important featuresIntegrations with Zoho apps and third-party toolsAutomated invoicing and payment trackingMulti-currency supportBudgeting and financial reportingMobile app availableAffordable pricing, including a free planStrong customer support.

Cons

Along with Pros, these are the limitations I faced:Limited inventory management featuresLack of advanced project management featuresBasic time tracking functionalitySome features can be confusing for new usersLimited integrations compared to other accounting softwareLimited customization options for invoices and other forms.

FreshBooks and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

Its worth considering that we chose Zoho Books over alternative products due to its user-friendly interface, integrations with other Zoho apps, affordable pricing, and strong customer support. Additionally, the software's focus on automating invoicing and payment tracking is a major selling point for businesses looking to streamline these processes.
Phillip
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

Great Software

I really enjoyed this software. It is must easier to use than most of its competitors. It is also having some of the best pricing vs performance that I have found.

Pros

Zoho was very easy software to setup for someone who does not have a lot of experience. We used this software to mostly to track estimates. When estimates were approved and accepted by the customer it was simple to turn them into invoices.

Cons

Once you add certain items into the system they cannot be deleted. For example, if you accidently add a wrong item you will have to cancel it out on the books with another entry.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

Price and availability. It was simple enough that we could use what we needed in the program.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

The price and overall feel of the product.
Alicia

Reviewed on 16/11/2023

Blocks you when you need it.

Currently, Zoho Books is not capable of handling volume entries. You will be blocked if you go too fast, as I do. Then you have to wait hours before you can get back in. I created several users to be able to do my work. Also, the batch import feature does not work, since it does not pick up the product code on multi-line invoices. Our pricing went up last year, but Zoho's recurring invoices didn't pick up the new pricing, and the customers were invoiced at the old price, which caused massive service problems. Because of this, we are moving to another software, and I cancelled the auto-renewal with Zoho. Our access was immediately blocked (despite paying for the remainder of the year in advance), and now nobody has access to our own accounting. Currently, there is no one available in support to assist us, so we are waiting for a callback. It's beyond frustrating. The system is terrible, and the support is even worse. I do not recommend Zoho to any company.

Pros

It looks modern and intuitive.
It has a sales portal that customers can access online and view their invoices and payments. That is the feature that sold the program to us.

Cons

The debit and credit side is the wrong way round as it follows the Indian system. For example, in the UK a sales balance of -£100 means that the customer owes £100 pounds and has to pay. In Zoho however, it means that the customer is in credit by £100 and would potentially need a refund.

Blocks you if you type and click your mouse fast. There are problems with batch invoicing, and it takes a lot of time to review invoices one by one. The system does not extract more than 100 statements at a time. You really should find another system if your sales ledger is large.

Top Zoho Books Alternatives

Barry
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 16/04/2024

Zoho Books - Baac Office

Pros

It's much better than QuickBooks Online and much less costly as part of Zoho One

Cons

Can't think of many cons, as it works so well

Dedre
Dedre
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 22/05/2023

Very powerful accounting platform

Zoho Books is helping our small business with financial reporting and keeping track of our income and expenses. Due to the fact that you can manager all financially transactions within your dashboard, including invoicing and billing, makes this a valuable product for our business that saves time and money.

Pros

Zoho Books is an excellent option for your company's bookkeeping and accounting. Invoicing and billing is done in the dashboard, reporting on income, expenditure and payables are separated and even financial reconciliations can be actioned automatically. You can create Price Lists easily to share to your customers based on your products/services you are selling.Financial reports are done automatically so you don't have to do a manual recon every month.

Cons

There are limitations in terms of online payment gateways depending on your country of origin, but they do offer all major gateways.Invoice templates are basic but it does provide all the relevant information that you need.

Andre
Andre

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

They don't fix old issues

There are a lot of outstanding problems that users have notified them about and I continuously see people bringing up the same problems years after they were first brought to the attention of the developers.

Pros

It was relatively easy to switch from the previous accounting software.

Cons

They do not fix old issues unless they are critical to the functioning of the software.

QuickBooks Online and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

Because Wave was bought by H&R Block and they decided NOT to support anyone outside of the USA anymore.

Wave

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

1 year free Zoho Books subscription offer through Wave Accounting to switch away from Wave.
Tracey
Tracey
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 07/03/2022

Intuitive and comprehensive accounting software, ideal for small businesses

Excellent software - use it daily to keep my records up to date, invoice customers and process payments. Couldn't recommend it more highly.

Pros

Easy to use, mobile app is also excellent for updating on the move. Clear reporting, easy to take a snapshot of business performance. Tailorable so invoices are fully branded and customer e-mails can be tailored. Love the payment receipt feature so clients are updated once payment processed.

Cons

Can be a little tricky to set the profit & loss to cover the right months, need to play around with the dates.

Deepak
Deepak

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Great Collaboration

Great experience although after 2 years we are still learning, it is good for indian accounting system

Pros

The statement download from bank and reconciliation option is great
GST filing options are great
Dashboard is very well designed
Android application is very useful

Cons

I would have prefered if it has quotation sending options also
Process sometimes seems too long for creating manual vouchers

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

Great Tool For Suite Users

We are running all of our books for our small business with Zoho Books. It is simple to sync bank accounts and credit card accounts, and quickly categorize expenses, and run reports. Pleased with results.

Pros

Very simple to categorize funds, connectivity with other tools in Zoho Suite.

Cons

Anytime a new vender is updated to an expense item, the screen needs to be reloaded and refreshed before that same vender can be selected for another item.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

Better accessability, and price point for us.

Pricepoint and accessibility
Phaneendra Kumar
Phaneendra Kumar

Reviewed on 31/12/2022

Best Accounting Software for Small Businesses

Too good, I am a Zoho One member and for the price I am paying I am very much satisfied with the product

Pros

Online Invoice creation, Sending & Payment Collection, Invoice tracking, Inventory Mangement, Bank Reconciliation

Cons

Not anything in particular, But the option to send Invoices to Whatsapp would have been better if made available.

Nikki
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 17/09/2020

Efficient, affordable took that's essential for my business

I switched to Zoho Books from FreshBooks a little over a year ago when the cost of FreshBooks became unmanageable and free options, such as Wave, did not serve my purposes. I was also looking for a cloud invoicing/expense-tracking system that was less glitchy and easier to use. Zoho Books is all of that. As a sole proprietor, the price suits my budget perfectly. Clients have told me that paying me through Zoho is much easier than paying me through FreshBooks or Wave.

At tax time, it's easy to send my Profit & Loss report to my accountant. I also like that I can attach receipts to my expenses.

I'm very thankful for Zoho Books and hope they continue to meet the needs of sole proprietors like me.

Pros

Zoho Books is easy for me to use and much easier for my clients to use when paying me. They've given me positive feedback about their invoicing experiences. It's also affordable, which was a huge deciding factor when I switched from another cloud invoicing program.

Cons

I wish I could see when a client has "viewed" my invoice. Also, I didn't realize that listing vendors on my expenses, such as Amazon, would count as "Contacts" and use up some of my slots. I'm glad I know now and I'm rectifying it.

Wave and Fiverr

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

FreshBooks raised their rates to outrageous levels and gave little advance notice about it. The software was glitchy and my clients were complaining about having difficulty paying. Their system went down at least once a week, which has fortunately not happened to me yet with Zoho Books. Although FreshBooks touts their live customer support, I encountered some rather cranky people there (they were probably fed up with getting calls about the humongous price increase). I'd rather interact with a helpful Zoho support person via chat than an unpleasant FreshBooks support person by phone.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

Although both Wave and And.co offer free versions, I found them harder to use (particularly Wave). Clients found Wave a bit glitchy and the software was not intuitive.
Bob

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

great option for accounting software

There's been a little bit of a learning curve - there are a few things that are just done a little differently than in other software. However, I've been able to accomplish everything I had in previous software. The most significant aspect to me, though, has been that Zoho offers a lot of accompanying software - i.e., not software that's needed to make Books work, but software with complementary uses - without seeming like they're trying to squeeze every last dollar out of me. Quite unlike Intuit.

Pros

It does everything that I need it to do, and for far less than it's competition.

Cons

There are a couple things that could be streamlined, although they don't lessen to actual functioning of the software.

FreshBooks , Sage 100 , Wave and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

Intuit just keeps increasing the price on pretty much everything, justifying it by claiming to add features - though the added features never had any use to me. Plus, I needed to lease a number of add-ons to be able to have QBO work the way I'd expect it to.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

Functionality and cost. I used Quickbooks-Desktop for years, but the online software that's been developed more recently has too many advantages to keep using it. I also used Xero for a few years, and liked a lot of features - but it seemed geared for a different kind of business and lacked a few things I needed. Then I tried Quickbooks Online - it was barely within my budget, but I liked the features - but then they increased the price (significantly) after only one year of using it. But Zoho has really fit the bill - all the functionality I need, and at a price that's just a fraction of QBO's.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 26/03/2022

Zoho Books

My overall experience with Zoho has been pleasant. I can easily create invoice even on the go with my phone. I can quickly generate reports to check performance of the company and individual employees and I can track business expenses. The best part is also that I can easily link the app to my bank to reconcile what is in the bank with what is on Zoho book.

Pros

The layout of the website is user-friendly. The cellphone app makes it easy for you to instantly upload receipts and invoices for any purchases made.
I'm in Engineering and we are three different teams. Zoho allows us to assign expenses to each employee and to a particular project should we choose to. This means that you can easily track the expenses of each team and be quick to spot any problems with over expenses. You also get reports on different modules like sales, you can be able to track sales by sales person and assess performance of each employee.

There is also an option for customers to pay online which makes it really easy to make payments.

In addition from the different modules you can customize fields to suit your needs at any point in time.

Lastly they have added an awesome feature now where you can create a topic and comment on invoices and estimates and have an ongoing chat with other users that on the account regarding the invoice under which the chat is created and with only those invited users.

Cons

When I migrated from the software I used before Zoho to Zoho I had to upload the invoices from the previous software and the challenge was that Zoho did not allow me to specify and describe the invoiced item. All invoices that were uploaded ended up with the same description which wasn't pleasant.

When you assign expenses to employees, Zoho will not allow you to use the same email address for different "employees". This is unpleasant because as an admin person for my company, there are general expenses that I cannot assign to a specific person that need to be assigned under general expenses using my email address. There are also expenses that I incur on my own as an employee of the company that need to be assigned to me alone still using my email address and Zoho won't allow me to use the same email address for these two separate scenarios.

Also when you create an estimate and on that estimate you don't add tax, when you convert the estimate to be an invoice Zoho does not allow you to add tax if you want to.

QuickBooks Online Accountant

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

Wave suggested the switch since they were partners with Zoho. Wave stopped operating in my region.

Wave

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

The ease of layout and migration from the software I was already using. Also the fact that I trusted the Wave accounting and them recommending Zoho to me just gave Zoho an ultimate advantage over other products.
Aninda
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Good Billing Application

It was awesome to use Zoho books, it improved our operational efficiency and was very easy to use.

Pros

This is an efficient and affordable billing application. Serves all the basic needs and is capable of handling large data sets.

Cons

Customer or Product Support seriously needs to improve. Every customer needs a modification as per their business requirements and Zoho shall cater those changes actively.

Kashoo and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

Freshbooks was very basic back then and had very limited set of features.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

Zoho Books had local support team, which is why we put our trust on them.
Rob
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 27/04/2021

RUN do not walk way from this product!

I would rather deal with the IRS, Comcast and AT&T all at once than this company.

Pros

Zoho has been a constant and ongoing headache since switching 3 years ago. Since then it has been an ongoing everyday headache. Support simply does not exist with this company. Support articles are 10 years old and do reflect the current software.

Cons

Support! This company DOES NOT PROVIDE SUPPORT. Whoever answers chats simply wastes your times and never ever helps.

Babu

Reviewed on 10/05/2020

Zoho Books reconciles bank statement automatically and GST filing is way better than anything...

Overall, it's a boon, If you are in India then this is the takeaway software as it helps ease in filing GST reports.

Pros

This software when I started using I thought I made a wrong choice but as in when I started managing my accounts & Books for my business, It became my friend, an accountant indeed it did everything that an accountant would do with very little accounting knowledge. The best part is if you are a startup company and you do not have strict compliances then this is for you, you don't have to hire an accountant and DIY. :)

Cons

Support is the only part which sometimes made me upset as the Employees were not uniformly assisting as if they were not trained on customer service. The worse thing is they just have support for technical help and no bookkeeping support.

QuickBooks Enterprise

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

Features & pricing were the two elements that made me choose ZohoBooks.

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

Has the potential, but not the backup

Absolutely terrible. If not for the terrible support, this product would actually be quite good. But for anyone who is new to any system, there's always questions and help needed. That's the nature of IT. And unfortunately Zoho have completely missed the mark and don't appear to care about improving on that at all.

Pros

The software is extensive and seems easy enough to use. Supports advanced accounting functionality and would be a good solution for any small business.

Cons

The customer service is absolutely appalling. In fact, it's not even fair to call it customer service because it's more like communicating with the abyss. No matter how many times you call or email, no one follows up - and if they do it's certainly not in a timely manner. They call you at ridiculous times and then email to say they called and to call them back. You call them back and no one is available. You leave a message for the agent to call you back and no one does.

Theresa
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 12/05/2023

Migrated from Wave to Zoho Books. Horrible experience

Precious time wasted. After reading their manuals, watching their videos, Googling answers, I finally had a one-on-one training session with a trainer who advised me to employ the services of a Zoho-experienced accountant in South Africa. We had thought that because of Wave Accounting's recommendation, that Zoho Books would be similarly user-friendly and intuitive. It is not at all.

Pros

They seem to have an impressive array of apparently useful functions.

Cons

This is the most non-intuitive, difficult, cumbersome, obscure programme I have ever worked with. Example: even in deleting our account after wasting hours trying to become functional, the instructions seemed to be clear: Log in to your account. Click the user picture. Click My Account. In the account page, select the Preferences tab. Click Close Account in the left menu. Except THERE IS NO PREFERENCES TAB IN THE LEFT MENU. They forgot to tell you to click on Settings first, and THEN select Preferences. A perfect example of what to expect from the entire platform.

Derek

Reviewed on 06/01/2022

Zoho books - my best friend!

With Zoho we are able to easily stay on top of our finances with limited effort required. The ability to correct historical errors easily makes maintaining and accurate general ledger a breeze. I really like the professional look and feel of the documents generated such as invoices, orders etc.

Pros

With unparalleled customisation and ease of use as well as the the ability to correct previous errors Zoho books has made the accounting function so much simpler than our previous software. The automation of numerous tasks has been especially useful. The professional way in which we are able to engage with our customers and suppliers has also raised our credibility.

Cons

Probably the only criticism I can raise is that the reporting section could offer more month by month reports as a standard feature, although they may be easily configured using the tool provided.

Xero

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Books

Based on an old database structure which was inflexible.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Books

The value proposition of Zoho One with the multiply module functionality was very compelling and the Books module was able to more than cater for our small business requirements.
Juliana
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 16/10/2022

Easy finances with Zoho Books

Zoho Books is helping us automate many processes that we do every day on our business, many tasks and many payments that we receive throughout the week. It is a software that is extremely helpful when it comes to setting up a workflow that will benefit our work environment, and it provides useful solutions to manage payments, invoices, and all the financial data that comes with it, it has made everything easier because we don't have to worry about manually processing every payment or manually creating and sending an invoice, with Zoho Books, all these things become simple and we are able to keep a directory with all the crucial information for payments and invoices.

Pros

Zoho Books is an accounting software that provides the best experience when automating the accounting workflow. It has a great variety of tools that help enhance the process and I like how once the data has been imported, it only takes a few clicks to process payments and other billing options. Also, the option to manage all invoices is pretty beneficial, it allows me to keep track of all the payments that clients need to make and it provides a place where I can keep track of these invoices every month and know how much people owe our business; thanks to this feature, it also allows me to process payments differently, because I can have all the data in this single place and it makes it easier to integrate with many payment options so everything is done quicker, providing a nice experience for both ourselves as a business and for our clients. I like that Zoho Books is very user-friendly and it was not difficult to import all the data in order to start using it.

Cons

I think that the customer support is lacking a lot, it feels like they keep trying to be responsive but still, they do take a lot of time to get back to you once reached out. I don't like this part of the software because it does not feel like I can fully rely on them for help.

Rebecca
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 25/11/2016

Over 50, not an accountant & never aspired to own a small business...

It's true, but when your calling is a clear one, you are obligated to follow! Our small care giving business has employees working exclusively at customer sites. The caregivers (most also over 50 yrs. old) input their time, mileage & expenses from their smart phones. Invoicing is generally done at my laptop but can be done from my phone. The invoicing can be personalized with valuable information for our clients such as upcoming holidays, rate changes, & thank yous for allowing us to earn their business.

The reporting is simple to use as is the customer support. The customer support is very knowledgeable & easy to understand. We have never experienced a wait time either.

We tried another accounting package our first year of business & found it too cumbersome & not user friendly for those of us with only basic accounting skills. Zoho was recommended by our professional accountant & business advisor. Zoho has greatly simplified our invoicing, reporting, & customer account related tasks, so that we can focus on senior care giving where our gifts are strong. Thanks, Zoho!
-R. Ford, Owner of The Merry Marthas, LLC

Pros

- Phone based app & laptop s-ware are EZ to use.

Cons

Don't quite understand how to customize an invoice, save it & use it for monthly billing.

Sometimes, I have to play around with the invoice to get all of the detail needed to print. For example, it is not readily apparent how to display the dates for which each expense is incurred on the invoice.

Not having a copy of our company's data stored on our system makes me nervous so we keep paper back ups. Surely there is a better contingency plan of which we could take advantage.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 20/06/2023

Streamlining Business Operations with Zoho Books: A Game-Changer for Efficient Invoicing and...

Pros

Prior to joining this company, we relied on self-coded solutions for various tasks, including invoice generation and template design, all within our own database. This approach required significant time and effort whenever we needed to introduce new features or implement controls, even though similar solutions already existed in the market at a reasonable price.Transitioning to Zoho Books:We made the decision to switch to Zoho Books, and the entire process was incredibly smooth. I simply created an account, configured our company details, and utilized the standard invoice template, making minor adjustments to resemble our previous format.Contact Management:Importing our contacts into Zoho Books was a breeze and took approximately 10 minutes. I downloaded an Excel file from our database and effortlessly imported all the necessary information.Invoicing:Creating new invoices proved to be just as simple as managing contacts. By uploading an Excel file, the system automatically matched the invoices with the appropriate contacts (if desired). You can even save them as drafts for further review, and once ready, send them out in bulk.

Cons

Initially, when we first started using Zoho Books, there was no feature available to automatically create contacts if they didn't already exist while uploading new invoices. However, I'm pleased to say that this has since been improved, and it now works flawlessly for us!

Miguel
  • Industry: Investment Banking

Reviewed on 22/12/2023

Efficient and flexible financial management

Zoho Books is a reliable and comprehensive platform for enterprise financial management. With its wide range of features, it simplifies and optimizes financial processes.

Pros

I like that it allows you to automatically import bank transactions, streamlining the reconciliation process and reducing manual errors. In addition, custom rules can be set up to automatically categorize transactions, saving time in manual sorting. Zoho Books is highly customizable and allows tailoring financial reports to our specific needs.

Cons

On occasion, I have experienced delays and load times when accessing certain functions or working with large data sets.

Nathan
Nathan

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

All in One Accounting Solution for SME businesses

Pros

A true CRM tool for sales people with the tools the ability to give accountants information needed. You can provide invoicing and estimates for clients as well as get an overview of sales for the year, the month and other important information. We have been using Zoho for over 5 years and almost swear by it, especially in our line of business with integration with payment options, we can accept multiple payment options from clients without changing our workflow. Whether used on its own or used with the other suite of Zoho apps, Zoho Books is definitely a recommended tool for anyone starting out and looking for an affordable accounting/CRM solution.

Cons

Only administrators can adjust invoices once they have been sent which limits functionality for larger sales teams.
Cancelling an estimate or invoice even when in draft mode is not as straightforward as when you create one.
Mobile apps for Zoho Books is not as easy to use as the web app, if you are running a business, it is good for viewing sales at a glance but it is not ideal for CRM on the go.
There is a slight learning curve to use Zoho Books for accounts especially if you are coming from another accounting suite.

Troy
Troy
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 11/09/2019

Zoho Books is the best online accounting software.

This software makes so easy for us that how we can better manage our sales, marketing, invoices and accounts. It gives you all financial reports, payments process and sales and marketing features. I always recommended this software for the business companies which is always worried about the payment recurring and payment transaction.

Pros

Zoho Books makes our life so easier by managing all of our invoices and expenses and get ready your checks to get rid all of our our money easily. By using this efficient software, we cannot worried about our banks accounts, transactions problems and we can easily collaborate with our customer and accountant. Through the Zoho Books software, our payments integration is always great and fabulous. Zoho Books also have the reporting features which gives you complete reports of your sales, marketing and purchasing information at anytime.

Cons

This software is not so easy to use especially for the beginners is that they cannot easily handle the advanced payments and in this why they faced a lot of problems about the payments acceptance and invoices recurring. But otherwise it is best for the payment transaction, invoices recurring and expenses.