Shopify Reviews

About Shopify

Shopify is a web-based e-commerce platform that offers a mobile POS (mPOS) system. The mPOS enables users to manage their business and complete transactions in-store as well as at markets, pop-ups, and trade shows. The e-commerce...

Browse Shopify Reviews

6,302 of 6,302 reviews
Abdellatif
Abdellatif

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

Shopify is the best way to start ecommerce

I ought to say this is the stage that I might want to use for my online business clients. Presumably that they are working really hard structure. I trust Shopify start a respectable client assistance that we can call and allow us to pose inquiries as a paying client.

Pros

So natural to simply import all my client's items and the day after that large number of items where on Google's most memorable page that astounded me. Extremely simple to arrangement and use. I use it for my client's internet based shop.

Cons

Where do I started? - Only a couple of free site topic! truly?? indeed, even we're burning through $30/month we need to pay like $300 to get a respectable subject! - Although the vast majority (counting myself) thought there was such countless instructional exercises on web however there isn't sufficient. A large portion of them are being made by the more established rendition and doesn't match the new look. - Google's page speed test is continuously showing lower speed contrasting with different stages like Wordpress. - No client assistance which isn't adequate

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

it was the cheapest one and Had a different tutoriel in YOUTUBE
john

Reviewed on 11/04/2024

Need to sell your product online? Shopify is a good choice.

I was very happy that their customer service team was very responsive in helping to setup special things, like sizes, shipping issues, taxation issues, etc. It's not the most intuitive system, but it works good.

Pros

Shopify has a variety of features that most users will find useful and helpful. The system is hosted on their platform, so that helps with security. Inventory control is spot-on, and sales reporting is good. This is a system that is easy for a novice user to use, though once it is set up.

Cons

The setup can be a bit complicated, especially adding features like taxes, sizes, etc. But, once you have it all setup, it's easy to use going forward.

Tiego
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 24/03/2024

Shopify review

Pros

Is a great place to find nice things even if shops are out of stock

Cons

I once bought a fake shoes in there ..the sellers in there are not that legit

Top Shopify Alternatives

Alibaba Cloud

WordPress & WooCommerce Affiliate Program

Chrissy

Reviewed on 06/02/2024

Shopify is good for Retail online and offline ecommence

Overall we are happy with shopify , just think the cost maybe abit steep. every new app we add in we have extra cost , so it come up to be quite significantly Ex.

Pros

We move over from wix to Shopify after experiencing some difficuty navigating with eccommence. Shopify anable us to manage inventory, update and add new inventory even just using mobile phone. The flexibility cut the time on managing the site significantly. We are able to sent invoice to customer striaght away when we have live event. So very happy with that

Cons

you do need to engage other vendor to to change the template as is you ahve to chaneg the coding to amend templates

Adam

Reviewed on 10/04/2024

shopify store

easy process to build a shop, from templates with great functionality that can be expended I'm most cases with the use of the plugin/ add-on eliments

Pros

simplicity to get a shop up and running in a short time with the ade of the templates works on mobile outright without any messing

Cons

some of the customisation is not easy to find or hidden under

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 09/04/2024

E Commerce made simple.

The hard work was done for me. Just upload inventory and advertise locally.

Pros

Being able to use the platform fairly easily and not have to set up my own independent online shop.

Cons

I could not intergrade with my POS that easily.

Mylissa
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 01/03/2024

Is Shopify really as easy to use as they advertise

I like Shopify just wish they told more in depth

Pros

I like how Shopify has the steps lined up for you to create your store. Even though I think a whole lot More detail should have been added to that list, it was a great idea.

Cons

To me it's not as straight forward and easy to use as they advertise.

Jessy

App review.

It's a way that i can sell my products wherever i am, without needing to have stock of the product at home.

Pros

What i like most about Shopify is that i can sell my products earning in dollars.

Cons

What i likeleast about Shopify is that my products take a long time to sell.

MICHAELA
  • Industry: Hospitality

GREAT TOOL

Pros

We can see history of each movement, the date name of the client and who sale it

Cons

all good i recommend it to everybody, it´s very handy.

Alysa
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 07/04/2024

This is a must

Pros

Shopify makes it simple to use from a user standpoint and our team has not her but great things to say about it.

Cons

Our team has not said anything that they like least about it.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

I use Shopify for all my Ecommerce Businesses

I built both shopify stores from scratch without prior knowledge and it took me about a full week to get the hang of things. I would make adjustments as I could to help convert customers. I still feel like it's the best place to only sell products but still a bit costly to make a really nice design. I now hire virtual assistants to make all the changes on the site and manage it but that can cost too so it's great there are API's to help grow the business, which all cost more money though, some are free (Reddit, pinterest).

Overall, I will still use the software.

Pros

Sleek designs, easy to use, easy to keep track of products and sales, great third party API integrations and marketing software, and simple to run. Many Virtual Assistants already know how to use this software which makes life very easy for me.

The simpler, the better. I have several shopify stores and I aim to make passive income in this realm.

Cons

Templates are limited, a lot of the development is backend yet I'm a visual person so I like to see everything as I'm doing it, and it can get a little overwhelming with all the integrations needed to turn a Shopify store into a massive profitable business. I feel like the best templates cost too much money and the ones we are offered look basic and not easily customizable. It could use a better blog feature section and a bit more visual aspects such as videos to help pitch or promote the business. Maybe even used for online courses with private logins would be great.

WordPress and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Shopify is specifically built to convert and make money in the e-commerce world and this is what I'm interested in. However I'd like a more complete software allowing me to pair an actual website (consulting, online courses, etc...) to this to make me full appreciate it.
Vy
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 01/09/2019

User-friendly platform that covers (almost) all your e-commerce needs

Shopify is still my first pick after almost a decade working with E-commerce, but with a much lesser margin than before. Squarespace and Wix offer, in my opinion, good alternatives if you don't want to put up with constantly wondering "Why isn't this function in place? Oh, I have to install an app and pay X$ every month". I would recommend Shopify for those who don't require a lot beyond the standard E-commerce solution and/or won't mind paying a bit for some pro templates and apps.

Pros

Shopify is extremely user-friendly and easy to set up. It's intuitive even if you've never used an e-commerce platform before, and you're able to get by with no coding skills. The basic templates are plain, but professional and modern. Basically it covers everything you need to get started with an online business, the pricing model is fair, and there's a wealth of 3rd party plugins and templates if you require something beyond the standard functionalities.

Cons

Though I've put the 3rd party marketplace as a benefit, I'm also left with the feeling that it comes with a hidden downside. Basic functions such as bundling and customer messages on an order (which, to give an example, Etsy offers) requires a 3rd party plugin with Shopify. After so many years in the industry, I'm baffled as to why this hasn't been implemented by default. The only reason I can think of is, why would they? Customers are forced to buy an app, which makes more money for Shopify. Another pet peeve example: You cannot use more than 1 discount code unless you install an app. Which means, you can't put 10% off the entire site, and offer customers an additional discount with a code.

Wix, EtsyMarketingTool and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

I chose Shopify because the pro templates had functions I required (unlike Squarespace), the standard pricing and fees were fair (unlike Etsy), and because I wanted it to be fast and easy to maintain.
Chelsea

Reviewed on 19/09/2019

Shopify for the win!

I love that shopify will scale with my business and that there are various pricing plans that give you different options and shipping discounts. It's easy to use and has other apps that work with it so I can easily generate line sheets and product catalogues.

Pros

I love that shopify integrates seamlessly into my inventory program, social media accounts, email marketing platform, etc. They also work really well with google ads so you can add products to google shopping and run really effective retargeting ads. Their live view option is great and gives me an idea of where my customers are coming from.

Their shipping discounts are also great!

Cons

The only thing that really annoys me is that I can't pick which shipping option comes first. Because one of my shipping options is "local pickup" and is free, I'd rather that not be the default shipping option (a lot of out of town customers accidentally choose local pickup and then I have to contact them and it looks unprofessional). Apart from that, it's a great platform

Lee'Ann
Lee'Ann

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Shopify is easy to launch and manage

My overall experience has been positive using Shopify as my shopping cart for my store. I felt the transition from Magento was pretty simple - although I did not do the migration that is an option, I ended up starting a brand new site.

Pros

I currently use Shopify for my “side hustle” business - selling retro and vintage style dresses online - www.retrovintagedresses.com I previously used Magento for my shopping cart before switching over to Shopify. I like that it’s an easy platform to get set up on and deploy. Also, I love that you can easily create a catalog on business manager to sell products on Facebook and Instagram. Definitely easy to use.

Cons

I don’t have any cons that I can think of with Shopify. I’ve been using it for over 2 years and have not had any major issues or set backs.

Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Initially I liked Magento, I thought it was a pretty good fit and the store did really well after launching in the beginning of 2011. Over the next several years, and after discovering some vulnerabilities in Magento (which we were subsequently hacked)we decided that there were better options available - and that’s when we made the switch.

Adobe Commerce
heather
heather
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 10/01/2020

Why I chose Shopify (but also use other platforms, too)

I'm a fan - their customer service is excellent, and I've never had any issues with downtime or anything like that.

Pros

I have an online shop to support my podcast on Tudor history. I originally set up my shop thinking I'd sell some fun leggings using print on demand vendors. And it's grown into a bit of a behemoth. Which is great! Here's the thing - lots of creators use Redbubble and Spreadshirt and other places like that, which is fine, but the difference is that when you do that, they handle the entire sales process. This is fine if you don't want to know your customers, but if you're running an online business, then being able to capture that sales information, and get mailing list sign ups, is crucial .

You can still use print on demand vendors, only this time you control the entire sales process. Everything is branded for your business. The tags in the leggings are branded for you. The mailing address is your company. It's all yours.

Of course, the downside is that you also have to handle the customer service questions that would normally go to the Zazzle equivalent. But if you are really wanting to build a business around your customers, you want that touch point. And you get to keep all the profits.

With all the apps, you can have a store that really expresses who you are, and lets you control the entire sales process.

Cons

I'm not a fan of how much is only included in the more expensive options, and how much is only available through paid apps. Of course it's great to have the options at all, but it's very easy to start to run up high bills. At one point I was paying close to $100/mo for all my various apps!

I also still use other marketplaces like Etsy because it's the distinction between selling at a church craft fair and setting up your own shop. At the church craft fair you're pretty much guaranteed some kind of traffic. With setting up on your own you have more control over the feel, and ownership of the shop, but it's up to you to go out and get all the traffic.

Ian
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 02/11/2020

The Best E-commerce Platform

I'm very satisfied with Shopify. It's really the best in its class, and I have recommended it regularly to friends and family members who are looking for an e-commerce solution.

Pros

When I launched Shopify originally, I was looking for a solution that would accommodate online sales for my organization as well as in-person sales at our conferences. I had physical and digital items, and I needed something could take care of it all. That's what I found in Shopify. It was easy to implement and it helped the organization increase sales 35% YoY. Since then, I've launched a half dozen Shopify sites, and I just love how easy and flexible the platform is.

Cons

My only complaint about Shopify is how much of the platform requires apps. There are a lot of things that some of their competitors offer as a part of the platform that Shopify leaves to their app developers, and it's hard to get nickle-and-dimed when I want to add subscriptions or gift messages or anything else.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

I made the switch because my other platform kept crashing and it was requiring massive changes to my data in order for me to run an update. I figured if I was going to have to reconfigure everything anyway, I might as well move to a better platform. The only downside was that the old platform was opensource and free, so we had to make an adjustment to paying a monthly fee.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

WooCommerce is great, but it just didn't feel like a turnkey solution.
Rhiannon

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

They promise the moon and provide a crumbling chunk of space rock

I couldn't move away from this platform fast enough.
I lost 7 months of effort and about $3000 cash dealing with this shifty company that promises the moon and provides a crumbling chunk of space rock. Steer clear of this place if you want a long-term site that won't bleed you dry. It's a band-aid solution I would have expected in the 90s with Web 1.0, but it simply cannot perform in the 2020s in a global marketplace.

Pros

It's braindead easy for anyone with a modest set of technical skills to setup a store. (If you can use Facebook, you can use Shipify). Uploading files is a breeze and most menus seem to make some logical sense. The easy of initial setup is why so many scam sites use this platform-- anyone, even fraudsters love it. But that doesn't make it a good platform!

Cons

The platform is quite costly compared to other options. It doesn't come with enough features to work on its own so users are stuck having to pay for add-on modules. And these are not a straight-up purchase but come with a monthly fee. I calculated the modules I would need and it was going to run me $500-$800 USD/month! It has been cheaper to build a Magento site and pay cash up front, one time, for modules I will use for the lifetime of my site.

The service at Shopify was appalling. I contacted support with a problem on their server that the tech couldn't help resolve but refused to patch me through to someone else. This happened every time I called in (4 times with similar issues on their end).

Payout is offered in one currency and once a week. Not at all flexible or professional.

The final dealbreaker was when they sold me a 3rd party theme that was replaced 2 days later by the vendor with a better theme, and the vendor would have refunded me but said it was up to Shopify to refund. Shopify refused and the Vendor was very apologetic and said they heard all the time from customers how unprofessional Shopify's policies were.

I have since noticed how many fly-by-night scammer sites and sites selling counterfeit goods are on the Shopify platform. Though these are rarely shut down, honest sites sometimes are. I feel much safer hosting my site on my terms and without worry they, under their user agreement, can terminate my site whenever they choose.

WooCommerce and PayPal Commerce Platform

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

I was advised by a developer to use Shopify as he thought it would provide the many features my new site required. Sadly, all the features, many basic, were only available with costly extensions on a monthly plan. It was a poor choice and I regretted it for nearly a year as I had to switch over yet again to a far more flexible and powerful platform (Magento).

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

I thought Shopify would provide the features that were necessary to my site. Alas, said features were not present in the site and many not even in modules. It was a bad call on my part to think this solution would work.
Patrick
Patrick

Reviewed on 06/01/2022

Shopify: A Viable Option, to quickly set up and manage an Online Store with ease.

For me, Shopify (+ Shopify Plus) is the platform par excellence to efficiently and successfully implement e-commerce projects. Even with limited resources, you can sell here on enterprise level without worries and grow later without any problems. Through the large Shopify universe, there is an enormous collective wealth of experience with top talent in the development and consulting of e-commerce projects of any size.

We are now implementing many new webshop projects in Shopify. The ease of use makes it great to work collaboratively with different departments on the store. Especially the integrated CDN hosting and the associated performance is really top-notch.

Pros

Shopify offers the possibility to implement ideas directly. Thanks to the modular system, stores can be set up literally within minutes.

The existing payment module can be set up, and apps can be installed for analysis, marketing, and aesthetics.

Especially for e-commerce newcomers without much background experience in web design, the foundation can be laid quickly and the noticeable progress in success motivates to continue. Anyone who wants to get from A to B quickly and loves Pareto will also love Shopify!

Cons

Due to the simple operation and the now widespread use of Shopify, you run the risk of developing a store 'like any other'. Structure and basic structures are always very similar and require code adaptations to stand out from the crowd.

Especially for newcomers, custom coding can be overwhelming, which often leads to the necessity of paid apps or the consultation of specialized web developers, as soon as something "special is required".

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Generally spoken, I want to make market entries as uncomplicated as possible. WooCommerce, unlike Shopify, can cause more problems due to “unexpected bugs” and almost every functionality needs much more effort to be set up. According to my experience, Shopify is the best way to test products and markets rapidly and build brands and companies fast and long term without getting many technical issues during the process. This User friendly concept is worth the additional costs.
Justin
Justin

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

Avoid its terrible now!!!

Terrible...sad...exhausting...poor...depressing...suicidal....

Pros

Ease of setting up a store without coding.

Cons

NO support staff anymore they cancelled phone support, then they cancelled email support, then they laid off 1000s of support staff and now its just a chat bot you have to fight to get through to speak to a human who isnt even a technician.

Constant downtime if you care to look on downtime tracker, although shopify will lie and say its not true.

Constant checkout issues we have days where customers cant pay by card, shopify have admitted there is issues but guess what under there terms in section 7 as pasted so basically tough, you can lose £10000s and they simply say tough in a nice way of course, apparently they dont need to provide a decent standard of service, thats news to me all conbtracts state a decent level of service must be provided!

From there lying support..

General support sent your query over to my team. I wanted to reach out to you directly on this.

I understand that you would like your recent support experience looked into?

Firstly, it sounds like you have been doing everything that you can to get your checkout and store looked at. I am glad to hear that is now resolved and working again for you.

We apologise for the drop in communications, and you are correct, you should have received a reply from our support on your tickets.

While I can understand that this matter had an impact on your business, Shopify does not offer compensation for Shopify stores and downtime.

Please see our [Terms of Service](https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms), section 7. Limitation of Liability. Which states:

Shopify does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.

We will not be able to authorize compensation on this account.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any queries at all.

Kind regards,
Holly
Support Specialist | Billing & Payments

So not only do they cream a high percentage off EVERY sale they also charge high monthly fees, they have no to poor help now and oh but the cracker is they recently made 25% gain in profit for the hedge funds that now own it while laying off half the staff...see a pattern here by the president Harvey Finklestein...yes thats really his name from israel.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Because many years ago it wasnt owned by greedy hedge funds who asset strip companies....
Ricky
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 10/06/2020

Simple and Easy E-commerce platform!

When we launched our web store back in 2016 we looking for something simple yet robust. After reviewing with several e-platform software we decided to try Shopify and haven't really looked back. I would recommend it to anyone looking to start up their own e-commerce site.

Pros

Love the simplicity of it. Shopify made it was easy to create/build/manage our own web store. The monthly fees are reasonable and the transaction fees are low if you compare it to selling on Amazon. It gives us an alternative platform to sell with the potential for higher margins/profits. In terms of designing your website, Shopify's themes and tools allowed us to create a simple yet elegant web store. On the back end, it's fairly easy and straightforward to manage your store. Shopify also provides a lot of in-depth analytics to help you understand your customers and provide potential insights on how to improve sales. Shopify also integrates seamlessly with our Stitch inventory software which in turn syncs to our Shipstation for shipping (Shopify: front web store > Stitch: inventory software > Shipstation: shipping software). I think for anyone who has the desire to sell online, Shopify is definitely a solution for you.

Cons

1. Managing discount codes can get tricky if you have recurring/subscription orders. Recurring/subscription orders requires a plug-in called Bold and it applies discount codes differently from the Shopify platform (one-time purchases). Meaning if you wanted to have the same discount code, with the same discount applied, and applicable to one-time orders and recurring/subscription order, then that discount codes need to be entered in both Shopify and Bold. The method/calculation to enter in discount codes in both Shopify & bold are different as well. There's just a bit of extra work here. Also, once a Bold discount code is created it cannot be edited once saved. Shopify discount codes are editable after it's created and saved.
2. Another thing about Bold plug-in is when you update an existing recurring/subscription customer's order you can't instantly push an order through. You must wait until it processed through its auto-order process which for us is close to midnight local time. It'll be great if you're on the phone with a customer to have the ability to say the updates are completed, everything looks good, and we've processed the order, and it will be shipped right away. Right now, the quickest you can get the order processed is basically the next day.

Eloise

Reviewed on 17/09/2021

Getting better Shopify

Shopify, subsequently, is the ideal instrument for those looking for more noteworthy usefulness and better outcomes inside their web based business.
This stage is particularly suggested for the people who don't have an enormous group to deal with every one of the requests or even the time expected to deal with the different undertakings of an online store.
For the people who are searching for more prominent comfort, a novel plan, and simplicity of overseeing deals in their web based business, Shopify is an extraordinary arrangement.
Be that as it may, if your store is just a little piece of your business, this may not be the best answer for you, and it is prudent to search for a less expensive and easier instrument.
On the off chance that you've gotten this far, you get what Shopify is, the way and what the objective was the point at which it was established in 2006, how it works, the benefits and burdens, and for which second this arrangement is most suggested.
Presently, you simply need to investigate this data to know whether it accommodates your plan of action or not.
As we referenced in this article, one of the advantages of utilizing Shopify's foundation is definitively the ease of use and positioning of your site, two vital focuses for the accomplishment of your internet business.
Anyway, what about looking at our total substance on SEO for internet businesses to guarantee that the primary elements identified with your online store's presentation are observed?

Pros

With guides focused on the individuals who are not exceptionally acquainted with instruments of this sort, one of the primary benefits of Shopify is its simple convenience. All things considered, with this internet business stage, you don't have to stress over the more specialized piece of the executives.
One more ideal point for the individuals who utilize this instrument is the ease of use and responsive plan of the layouts accessible to clients. At the end of the day, you can have confidence about the nature of your site both on the work area adaptation and for cell phones and cell phones.
For the individuals who don't have a lot of time to deal with every one of the undertakings of a business with the vital consideration, Shopify can work with even the administration of items and supply of your virtual store, for instance. Other than a remarkable and responsive plan, you can likewise deal with your web based business through the stage.

Cons

Notwithstanding offering Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques, Shopify utilizes some sub-catalogs that can hurt the SEO execution of your page. The URL of normal pages, for example, "About Us", don't have the ideal design to streamline your page's query items.
Area names are excluded from any of the accessible bundles. What's more, facilitating for your page should be bought. For facilitating an email with your own custom space, you need to search for an outside instrument, like G Suite, for instance. The believability of your image can be influenced with an email that isn't interesting, for instance.
On the off chance that your crowd is additionally global, Shopify may not be the most ideal choice for your business. All things considered, the device doesn't offer the likelihood to set up a multilingual store, for instance. That is, as indicated by your arrangements, this point can be a detriment for you

Brenten
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 25/05/2022

Great E-Commerce Software!

Overall, I recommend this software for anyone looking for an e-commerce software with a lot of great features and functionality for a reasonable price. I have had very few issues with this software over the years, and I am overall satisfied with how well it has worked on our website.

Pros

We have been using this at my company for years and it has lots of features that make e-commerce very simple. This is how we facilitate and track sales on our website, and it’s always gone very smooth with this software.

Cons

Customer service could be a bit quicker to respond.

Worldpay

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

I wasn’t happy with the glitches in Stripe.

Stripe

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

It looked more functional and simpler.

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

JAM Shopify Review

Well, around the beginning of the pandemic, I noticed many stores at physical locations closing. People were panicking with uncertainty of where to look next for their clothing, their shoes, anything else they may need. I got into retail to give consumers the reliable option the next time stores regardless of the reason ever closed down again, the solution of coming to an online store, knowing it is always open for them. With the current Recession, this may happen once again, and in doing so, this solution becomes more reliable, with delivery not being a problem, and Shopify software running smoothly, it makes sense for such solution provided. On the flip side, currently Savepace LLC has an issue that Shopify software does not have an answer for at this time as there are no financing options available on the software. Even if there were, Shopify would still have no answer for about 6 months. Overall, from billing to the order management, the site speed to no visual issues, its been a wonderful pleasant experience, and I expect it to continue as I seek to upgrade the software in the near future.

Pros

I like how I am able to run my retail business with a ton of support behind it, there is so much software ranging from Shopify's own to others I integrate that making building, growing the business less stressful. I really, really, like Shopify's accounting software that leaves people stunned! It allows me to keep better track of sales, fees, costs, and also allows me to project where finances may be within the next few months. I really like how the software updates without asking me to, updating in the background as I continue focusing on doing what I need to do with my store. The pricing of the software has always been reasonable, never too expensive, and never cheap, and, is based on my need. I really like how popular the software has become too, and the positive impacts it has worldwide such as saving small business owners a ton of money, choice of upgrading when ready, letting me know ahead of time when announcements about the software, and, anything else that maybe extremely important. As for integration, it depends on the app I choose, because while it may be easy to integrate onto the software, certain apps can be difficult to remove from the software once it has been integrated fully.

Cons

There is a passive-aggressive push for a Commerce plan to use on the software. Sure, for small businesses already on its mid approach that's appropriate as the developers should assist them as much as possible, but for many struggling business, the constant passive-aggressive push when logging onto the software can be a real pain, especially when focusing on order management. Regarding integration, certain apps require the software origination or for additional payments to process sort of like 3 months of back rent, even when it feels like its 3 months fronted rent before you can see that the integrated app has been removed. I advise Caution which apps users integrate overall. The design of it in the background could use a change. Its been three years. The software needs more style!! The security of it could use incorporation of VPN users, and currently the software does not have this.

Lola
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 23/01/2023

The best for e-commerce

Impressive e-commerce facilities. The best choice to build an online store.

Pros

Of the big 3 website builders (Shopify, Squarespace, Wix), Shopify is hands down the best for e-commerce. The other platforms simply don't have the same level of e-commerce support - from advanced shipping options to the wide range of discounts you can create for your online store. The extensive App Store also offers easy-to-install plugins to enhance your website's functionality. If you're serious about growing your online store, Shopify is the way to go.

Cons

It has to be said that Shopify is not as pretty as Squarespace or Wix, both of which being more design-led platforms. Shopify 2.0 was a major upgrade, in that you can now add design blocks to every page. But unless you know how to do custom coding, the design features are still somewhat limited. The email campaign feature is buggy - Wix is much better for that, but then Wix isn't really suited to run an online store.

Wix, WordPress, Squarespace and GoDaddy Website Builder

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Shopify has the best e-commerce features.
Rabie
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 07/06/2023

Let Shopify Power Your E-Commerce Business

My online business has changed dramatically thanks to Shopify. Because of how simple it is to use, I was able to build a beautiful online store with themes that were completely customizable and matched my brand. The app store provides countless opportunities to expand my business and improve the features of my store. Selling is simple thanks to the integrated payment processing, and whenever I have questions, their customer support is welcoming and supportive. I can now truly succeed in the e-commerce industry thanks to Shopify

Pros

The fact that Shopify has made it so simple for me to use, even as a complete novice, is what I like most about using it for my e-commerce store. Everything is so simple that even a child could handle it, from customization to management and shipping fulfillment. It really is a set-and-forget situation. You can easily add your products, integrate apps that are suggested for you, and then let the apps drive.

Cons

Despite the fact that Shopify is a fantastic platform overall, there are a few areas where I have come across some shortcomings or features that could be improved:Cost of Add-Ons: Although Shopify's basic features are extensive, some advanced functionalities call for additional, paid integrations or apps. Although these add-ons can expand the store's functionality, they can get expensive over time, especially for small businesses with tight budgets.Transaction Fees: Shopify charges transaction fees when customers choose to use outside payment gateways rather than their own in-house Shopify Payments system. These transaction fees, though they vary depending on the pricing plan, can significantly reduce profits, especially for companies with high sales volumes or low-priced goods.Free themes are scarce: Shopify has a variety of themes available in their Theme Store, but the selection