Shopify Reviews

About Shopify

Shopify is a web-based e-commerce platform that offers a mobile POS (mPOS) system. The mPOS enables users to manage their business and complete transactions in-store as well as at markets, pop-ups, and trade shows. The e-commerce...

Browse Shopify Reviews

6,325 of 6,325 reviews
Abdellatif
Abdellatif

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

Shopify is the best way to start ecommerce

I ought to say this is the stage that I might want to use for my online business clients. Presumably that they are working really hard structure. I trust Shopify start a respectable client assistance that we can call and allow us to pose inquiries as a paying client.

Pros

So natural to simply import all my client's items and the day after that large number of items where on Google's most memorable page that astounded me. Extremely simple to arrangement and use. I use it for my client's internet based shop.

Cons

Where do I started? - Only a couple of free site topic! truly?? indeed, even we're burning through $30/month we need to pay like $300 to get a respectable subject! - Although the vast majority (counting myself) thought there was such countless instructional exercises on web however there isn't sufficient. A large portion of them are being made by the more established rendition and doesn't match the new look. - Google's page speed test is continuously showing lower speed contrasting with different stages like Wordpress. - No client assistance which isn't adequate

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

it was the cheapest one and Had a different tutoriel in YOUTUBE
Ali
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 08/04/2024

Review of Shopify

My experience with Shopify has been overwhelmingly positive. The platform offers a comprehensive set of tools and features that make it easy to start, grow, and manage an online business efficiently.

Pros

Shopify’s user-friendly interface and simple setup process make it ideal for beginners and professionals alike ,Shopify offers unmatched sales features, including unlimited products and powerful tools like abandoned cart recovery and discount codes even from its cheapest plan.

Cons

Limited customization options for advanced users.

Amazon RDS
MARY GARVEY
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

Thought I was signing up for an Integrated POS System and Website

Feels like Shopify sucks you in and is not transparent. When you realize what the system doesn’t do...they apologize and are very kind but not very helpful. There are a bunch of awkward apps you can buy to fix the problems but they don’t work very well. Wish someone would just make an easy functioning system that met business that sell inventory on line and in person.

Pros

It is easy to get a website up and running. Adding products is easy.

Cons

WHERE DO I BEGIN:
-inventory records only go back three months...I was horrified to find out I lost 4 months of inventory records.
-to print a receipt...you need to buy and download an app...it is awkward to use and takes a couple minutes for the receipt to upload before you can print it.
-to have employees log in you need to download and app and pay monthly
-you can not do a credit on someone’s account if they return something...You need to either return their money or give them a gift card it is awkward and difficult to use.
-if you mark an order pending payment you cannot take payment on the POS system.
-you cannot add any vender information that is not visible to your customers.
-the duplicate feature when adding products doesn’t work properly....to hard to explain what should be duplicated and what shouldn’t but trust me it wasn’t created by someone that understands business

Top Shopify Alternatives

WordPress & WooCommerce Affiliate Program

Rey
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 28/02/2024

Ease of use and professional look

Pros

The ease of use. I literally learned the ins and outs of shopify in a few weeks without having a code writing background

Cons

The price is a little bit high if you are just starting, however you can always use the free trial for really cheap

john

Reviewed on 11/04/2024

Need to sell your product online? Shopify is a good choice.

I was very happy that their customer service team was very responsive in helping to setup special things, like sizes, shipping issues, taxation issues, etc. It's not the most intuitive system, but it works good.

Pros

Shopify has a variety of features that most users will find useful and helpful. The system is hosted on their platform, so that helps with security. Inventory control is spot-on, and sales reporting is good. This is a system that is easy for a novice user to use, though once it is set up.

Cons

The setup can be a bit complicated, especially adding features like taxes, sizes, etc. But, once you have it all setup, it's easy to use going forward.

Adam

Reviewed on 10/04/2024

shopify store

easy process to build a shop, from templates with great functionality that can be expended I'm most cases with the use of the plugin/ add-on eliments

Pros

simplicity to get a shop up and running in a short time with the ade of the templates works on mobile outright without any messing

Cons

some of the customisation is not easy to find or hidden under

Lenin
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 08/04/2024

Review of Shopify

Shopify is always my favorite.. When online purchase comes to mind Shopify is always there.. Customer support is something that I am very impressed with.. I always suggest Shopify to anyone who wants to buy something. Shopify offers good quality protections.

Pros

Low processing costs,simple inventory management,wide product range, location advantage, scalability ..

Cons

Fawer profit margins, Reliability on suppliers, Limited control, branding difficulties,hight shipping costs..

tao
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 05/05/2024

I like it, Really!

I like it.
Getting more people to patronize your online stores requires heavy marketing. Email marketing, SMS marketing, Facebook ads, Google ads, Search Engine Optimization, popups, and more are different types of marketing.

Pros

Receiving payment on Shopify is no longer a problem. Shopify now has multiple payment options, which include third-party platforms.

Cons

No Email Hosting, I real dont like that

Jessy

App review.

It's a way that i can sell my products wherever i am, without needing to have stock of the product at home.

Pros

What i like most about Shopify is that i can sell my products earning in dollars.

Cons

What i likeleast about Shopify is that my products take a long time to sell.

MICHAELA
  • Industry: Hospitality

GREAT TOOL

Pros

We can see history of each movement, the date name of the client and who sale it

Cons

all good i recommend it to everybody, it´s very handy.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 02/05/2019

I use Shopify for all my Ecommerce Businesses

I built both shopify stores from scratch without prior knowledge and it took me about a full week to get the hang of things. I would make adjustments as I could to help convert customers. I still feel like it's the best place to only sell products but still a bit costly to make a really nice design. I now hire virtual assistants to make all the changes on the site and manage it but that can cost too so it's great there are API's to help grow the business, which all cost more money though, some are free (Reddit, pinterest).

Overall, I will still use the software.

Pros

Sleek designs, easy to use, easy to keep track of products and sales, great third party API integrations and marketing software, and simple to run. Many Virtual Assistants already know how to use this software which makes life very easy for me.

The simpler, the better. I have several shopify stores and I aim to make passive income in this realm.

Cons

Templates are limited, a lot of the development is backend yet I'm a visual person so I like to see everything as I'm doing it, and it can get a little overwhelming with all the integrations needed to turn a Shopify store into a massive profitable business. I feel like the best templates cost too much money and the ones we are offered look basic and not easily customizable. It could use a better blog feature section and a bit more visual aspects such as videos to help pitch or promote the business. Maybe even used for online courses with private logins would be great.

WordPress and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Shopify is specifically built to convert and make money in the e-commerce world and this is what I'm interested in. However I'd like a more complete software allowing me to pair an actual website (consulting, online courses, etc...) to this to make me full appreciate it.
Vy
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 01/09/2019

User-friendly platform that covers (almost) all your e-commerce needs

Shopify is still my first pick after almost a decade working with E-commerce, but with a much lesser margin than before. Squarespace and Wix offer, in my opinion, good alternatives if you don't want to put up with constantly wondering "Why isn't this function in place? Oh, I have to install an app and pay X$ every month". I would recommend Shopify for those who don't require a lot beyond the standard E-commerce solution and/or won't mind paying a bit for some pro templates and apps.

Pros

Shopify is extremely user-friendly and easy to set up. It's intuitive even if you've never used an e-commerce platform before, and you're able to get by with no coding skills. The basic templates are plain, but professional and modern. Basically it covers everything you need to get started with an online business, the pricing model is fair, and there's a wealth of 3rd party plugins and templates if you require something beyond the standard functionalities.

Cons

Though I've put the 3rd party marketplace as a benefit, I'm also left with the feeling that it comes with a hidden downside. Basic functions such as bundling and customer messages on an order (which, to give an example, Etsy offers) requires a 3rd party plugin with Shopify. After so many years in the industry, I'm baffled as to why this hasn't been implemented by default. The only reason I can think of is, why would they? Customers are forced to buy an app, which makes more money for Shopify. Another pet peeve example: You cannot use more than 1 discount code unless you install an app. Which means, you can't put 10% off the entire site, and offer customers an additional discount with a code.

Wix, EtsyMarketingTool and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

I chose Shopify because the pro templates had functions I required (unlike Squarespace), the standard pricing and fees were fair (unlike Etsy), and because I wanted it to be fast and easy to maintain.
Chelsea

Reviewed on 19/09/2019

Shopify for the win!

I love that shopify will scale with my business and that there are various pricing plans that give you different options and shipping discounts. It's easy to use and has other apps that work with it so I can easily generate line sheets and product catalogues.

Pros

I love that shopify integrates seamlessly into my inventory program, social media accounts, email marketing platform, etc. They also work really well with google ads so you can add products to google shopping and run really effective retargeting ads. Their live view option is great and gives me an idea of where my customers are coming from.

Their shipping discounts are also great!

Cons

The only thing that really annoys me is that I can't pick which shipping option comes first. Because one of my shipping options is "local pickup" and is free, I'd rather that not be the default shipping option (a lot of out of town customers accidentally choose local pickup and then I have to contact them and it looks unprofessional). Apart from that, it's a great platform

Lee'Ann
Lee'Ann

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Shopify is easy to launch and manage

My overall experience has been positive using Shopify as my shopping cart for my store. I felt the transition from Magento was pretty simple - although I did not do the migration that is an option, I ended up starting a brand new site.

Pros

I currently use Shopify for my “side hustle” business - selling retro and vintage style dresses online - www.retrovintagedresses.com I previously used Magento for my shopping cart before switching over to Shopify. I like that it’s an easy platform to get set up on and deploy. Also, I love that you can easily create a catalog on business manager to sell products on Facebook and Instagram. Definitely easy to use.

Cons

I don’t have any cons that I can think of with Shopify. I’ve been using it for over 2 years and have not had any major issues or set backs.

Squarespace

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

Initially I liked Magento, I thought it was a pretty good fit and the store did really well after launching in the beginning of 2011. Over the next several years, and after discovering some vulnerabilities in Magento (which we were subsequently hacked)we decided that there were better options available - and that’s when we made the switch.

Adobe Commerce
heather
heather
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 10/01/2020

Why I chose Shopify (but also use other platforms, too)

I'm a fan - their customer service is excellent, and I've never had any issues with downtime or anything like that.

Pros

I have an online shop to support my podcast on Tudor history. I originally set up my shop thinking I'd sell some fun leggings using print on demand vendors. And it's grown into a bit of a behemoth. Which is great! Here's the thing - lots of creators use Redbubble and Spreadshirt and other places like that, which is fine, but the difference is that when you do that, they handle the entire sales process. This is fine if you don't want to know your customers, but if you're running an online business, then being able to capture that sales information, and get mailing list sign ups, is crucial .

You can still use print on demand vendors, only this time you control the entire sales process. Everything is branded for your business. The tags in the leggings are branded for you. The mailing address is your company. It's all yours.

Of course, the downside is that you also have to handle the customer service questions that would normally go to the Zazzle equivalent. But if you are really wanting to build a business around your customers, you want that touch point. And you get to keep all the profits.

With all the apps, you can have a store that really expresses who you are, and lets you control the entire sales process.

Cons

I'm not a fan of how much is only included in the more expensive options, and how much is only available through paid apps. Of course it's great to have the options at all, but it's very easy to start to run up high bills. At one point I was paying close to $100/mo for all my various apps!

I also still use other marketplaces like Etsy because it's the distinction between selling at a church craft fair and setting up your own shop. At the church craft fair you're pretty much guaranteed some kind of traffic. With setting up on your own you have more control over the feel, and ownership of the shop, but it's up to you to go out and get all the traffic.

Ian
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 02/11/2020

The Best E-commerce Platform

I'm very satisfied with Shopify. It's really the best in its class, and I have recommended it regularly to friends and family members who are looking for an e-commerce solution.

Pros

When I launched Shopify originally, I was looking for a solution that would accommodate online sales for my organization as well as in-person sales at our conferences. I had physical and digital items, and I needed something could take care of it all. That's what I found in Shopify. It was easy to implement and it helped the organization increase sales 35% YoY. Since then, I've launched a half dozen Shopify sites, and I just love how easy and flexible the platform is.

Cons

My only complaint about Shopify is how much of the platform requires apps. There are a lot of things that some of their competitors offer as a part of the platform that Shopify leaves to their app developers, and it's hard to get nickle-and-dimed when I want to add subscriptions or gift messages or anything else.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

I made the switch because my other platform kept crashing and it was requiring massive changes to my data in order for me to run an update. I figured if I was going to have to reconfigure everything anyway, I might as well move to a better platform. The only downside was that the old platform was opensource and free, so we had to make an adjustment to paying a monthly fee.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

WooCommerce is great, but it just didn't feel like a turnkey solution.
Rhiannon

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

They promise the moon and provide a crumbling chunk of space rock

I couldn't move away from this platform fast enough.
I lost 7 months of effort and about $3000 cash dealing with this shifty company that promises the moon and provides a crumbling chunk of space rock. Steer clear of this place if you want a long-term site that won't bleed you dry. It's a band-aid solution I would have expected in the 90s with Web 1.0, but it simply cannot perform in the 2020s in a global marketplace.

Pros

It's braindead easy for anyone with a modest set of technical skills to setup a store. (If you can use Facebook, you can use Shipify). Uploading files is a breeze and most menus seem to make some logical sense. The easy of initial setup is why so many scam sites use this platform-- anyone, even fraudsters love it. But that doesn't make it a good platform!

Cons

The platform is quite costly compared to other options. It doesn't come with enough features to work on its own so users are stuck having to pay for add-on modules. And these are not a straight-up purchase but come with a monthly fee. I calculated the modules I would need and it was going to run me $500-$800 USD/month! It has been cheaper to build a Magento site and pay cash up front, one time, for modules I will use for the lifetime of my site.

The service at Shopify was appalling. I contacted support with a problem on their server that the tech couldn't help resolve but refused to patch me through to someone else. This happened every time I called in (4 times with similar issues on their end).

Payout is offered in one currency and once a week. Not at all flexible or professional.

The final dealbreaker was when they sold me a 3rd party theme that was replaced 2 days later by the vendor with a better theme, and the vendor would have refunded me but said it was up to Shopify to refund. Shopify refused and the Vendor was very apologetic and said they heard all the time from customers how unprofessional Shopify's policies were.

I have since noticed how many fly-by-night scammer sites and sites selling counterfeit goods are on the Shopify platform. Though these are rarely shut down, honest sites sometimes are. I feel much safer hosting my site on my terms and without worry they, under their user agreement, can terminate my site whenever they choose.

WooCommerce and PayPal Commerce Platform

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

I was advised by a developer to use Shopify as he thought it would provide the many features my new site required. Sadly, all the features, many basic, were only available with costly extensions on a monthly plan. It was a poor choice and I regretted it for nearly a year as I had to switch over yet again to a far more flexible and powerful platform (Magento).

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

I thought Shopify would provide the features that were necessary to my site. Alas, said features were not present in the site and many not even in modules. It was a bad call on my part to think this solution would work.
Patrick

Reviewed on 07/12/2021

Shopify Fit Our Needs Perfectly And Continues To Impress

Until the end of 2020 we had a legal forms business, selling paper and electronic forms both in a storefront retail setting and via our website. We had to close the retail space and substantially streamline and simplify our website as it had been custom-coded and was complicated and expensive to maintain. Shopify offered a turnkey solution at a fraction of what we'd been paying – pretty much a no-brainer.

Pros

Setting up our company and its shop was very easy, as well as finding a visual theme that suited us and meshed well with our existing branding. There's a wealth of free themes, and countless additional paid ones, so it's hard to imagine anyone not finding what they need. Shopify's core functions are quite complete and comprehensive, but if you find there's something they don't do for you out of the box, chances are good that there's a third-party app that will answer the need, and usually for not very much additional expense.

Cons

Importing existing products into the store was a pretty big project (although of course, not all new store creators have 200-300 products they need to start up with like we did), and editing and/or customizing those products can be time-consuming and sometimes awkward. There are times when I'd really like to multiple-select several products and modify the same attribute for all of them, but the system doesn't support this. I have a feeling they'll add support for this kind of thing somewhere down the line.

Explained above.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

The comparison shopping and research was a challenging exercise, but in the end it just seemed that Shopify had the most complete set of ready-to-go options for the best price.
Kalina
Kalina
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 24/04/2022

Shopify, Great for Running Your Buisness

Shopify has overall been very wonderful for my business and myself. I am able to track manage ship all products to customers without a big hassle which is definitely providing me to give great customer service which can be very hard to manage for some businesses who who aren't able to complete these steps and their sales. I'm able to keep up with everything that is going on with my business and the revenue. So I definitely would recommend Shopify for anyone and everyone looking for a software capable of helping you manage and feel 100% confident your sales.

Pros

Features that are very impactful and that I like most about Shopify software is it is easy to understand and set up your business to run on. Customer support is also great which is key when choosing a software to help manage your work. It definitely is easy to work with and customers always satisfied with how simple the whole process ends up being.

Cons

Interrogation with my business process was not difficult. I do tend to understand and grasp technology and its navigation fairly easily but the software shopify provides is definitely a Top Choice in my opinion for anyone because they make it easy for many many businesses to understand and not feel confused about what you are doing. The only thing I do wish is that Shopify gave you more customisation options as two themes of the software changing colors or fonts with tons of options. This is only because I love to make all my sites pictures and apps colorful different unique.

Zoho CRM and FreshBooks

Reasons for Choosing Shopify

I made the switch to Shopify because I was recommended by a colleague of mine who has recently started using Shopify and was extremely satisfied.

Wave

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

I chose shopify because their reviews were extremely high ranking.
Henry
  • Industry: E-Learning
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 04/02/2024

Good platform, great value

Overall, Shopify has been a great app for my company, and we've only ever used it. It just has boosted our sales so much with its clean interface and easy product tracking functionalities.

Pros

I like that Shopify is by far the platform that makes it easiest for you to manage your products and shop overall, it also gives great analytics details of what your customers look at before they make a purchase.

Cons

The thing I disliked most about Shopify is the lack of ease in customizing the User Experience of your shop, it is doable, but it is not super easy for the average person to figure out.

Wix, Square Point of Sale, Square Payments and Squarespace

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

We chose to go with Shopify over these alternative products because Shopify allowed us to see the biggest picture into what out customers were thinking when they were purchasing our products. Additionally, we feel that Shopify is the platform in which it is easiest to manage our products, inventory, and shop.
Justin
Justin

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

Avoid its terrible now!!!

Terrible...sad...exhausting...poor...depressing...suicidal....

Pros

Ease of setting up a store without coding.

Cons

NO support staff anymore they cancelled phone support, then they cancelled email support, then they laid off 1000s of support staff and now its just a chat bot you have to fight to get through to speak to a human who isnt even a technician.

Constant downtime if you care to look on downtime tracker, although shopify will lie and say its not true.

Constant checkout issues we have days where customers cant pay by card, shopify have admitted there is issues but guess what under there terms in section 7 as pasted so basically tough, you can lose £10000s and they simply say tough in a nice way of course, apparently they dont need to provide a decent standard of service, thats news to me all conbtracts state a decent level of service must be provided!

From there lying support..

General support sent your query over to my team. I wanted to reach out to you directly on this.

I understand that you would like your recent support experience looked into?

Firstly, it sounds like you have been doing everything that you can to get your checkout and store looked at. I am glad to hear that is now resolved and working again for you.

We apologise for the drop in communications, and you are correct, you should have received a reply from our support on your tickets.

While I can understand that this matter had an impact on your business, Shopify does not offer compensation for Shopify stores and downtime.

Please see our [Terms of Service](https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms), section 7. Limitation of Liability. Which states:

Shopify does not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free.

We will not be able to authorize compensation on this account.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any queries at all.

Kind regards,
Holly
Support Specialist | Billing & Payments

So not only do they cream a high percentage off EVERY sale they also charge high monthly fees, they have no to poor help now and oh but the cracker is they recently made 25% gain in profit for the hedge funds that now own it while laying off half the staff...see a pattern here by the president Harvey Finklestein...yes thats really his name from israel.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Because many years ago it wasnt owned by greedy hedge funds who asset strip companies....
Ricky
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 10/06/2020

Simple and Easy E-commerce platform!

When we launched our web store back in 2016 we looking for something simple yet robust. After reviewing with several e-platform software we decided to try Shopify and haven't really looked back. I would recommend it to anyone looking to start up their own e-commerce site.

Pros

Love the simplicity of it. Shopify made it was easy to create/build/manage our own web store. The monthly fees are reasonable and the transaction fees are low if you compare it to selling on Amazon. It gives us an alternative platform to sell with the potential for higher margins/profits. In terms of designing your website, Shopify's themes and tools allowed us to create a simple yet elegant web store. On the back end, it's fairly easy and straightforward to manage your store. Shopify also provides a lot of in-depth analytics to help you understand your customers and provide potential insights on how to improve sales. Shopify also integrates seamlessly with our Stitch inventory software which in turn syncs to our Shipstation for shipping (Shopify: front web store > Stitch: inventory software > Shipstation: shipping software). I think for anyone who has the desire to sell online, Shopify is definitely a solution for you.

Cons

1. Managing discount codes can get tricky if you have recurring/subscription orders. Recurring/subscription orders requires a plug-in called Bold and it applies discount codes differently from the Shopify platform (one-time purchases). Meaning if you wanted to have the same discount code, with the same discount applied, and applicable to one-time orders and recurring/subscription order, then that discount codes need to be entered in both Shopify and Bold. The method/calculation to enter in discount codes in both Shopify & bold are different as well. There's just a bit of extra work here. Also, once a Bold discount code is created it cannot be edited once saved. Shopify discount codes are editable after it's created and saved.
2. Another thing about Bold plug-in is when you update an existing recurring/subscription customer's order you can't instantly push an order through. You must wait until it processed through its auto-order process which for us is close to midnight local time. It'll be great if you're on the phone with a customer to have the ability to say the updates are completed, everything looks good, and we've processed the order, and it will be shipped right away. Right now, the quickest you can get the order processed is basically the next day.

Jerome
Jerome
  • Industry: Newspapers

Reviewed on 12/07/2022

Works reasonably well out of the box

Shopify is a good platform to get you up and running very quickly. It is one big ecosystem that sometimes works in your favour but unfortunately very much works in theirs.

Pros

Shopify does a good job of enabling you to start selling very quickly. You need to be aware that this only includes very limited functionality though and any extra options you may need to add, even as simple as a pre-sale or adding meta fields (custom fields) requires an monthly fee for an App. We currently have 5 Apps installed that almost cost the same as our subscription charge but I have been involved in some Shopify projects where the App to subscription charge was triple. You need to really consider what functionality you deem necessary before adding extra apps as this can all add up. Of course if the functionality is necessary and pays for itself with one order then it is all worth it.

Cons

The core functionality is a little limited. Shopify+ has the promise of almost unlimited functionality but the cost is prohibitive for most shops and even though they could give standard Shopify users access to some of these functions they don’t so most functionality does require an App

Yiğit

Reviewed on 23/10/2022

Servis is good

Although I have listed the minuses quite a bit, it is recommended for a quick start to e-commerce.It speeds up your work, it doesn't let you down.

Pros

It's really impressive. The plugins are expensive and they charge a monthly fee. Service is of good quality. it is detailed but not complicated . The most well-known payment systems for turkey are guarantee virtual pos (no installments), payu and iyzico. iyzico integration is newer . -Easy to define the discount. It is very easy to follow the orders thanks to the mobile application. There are many themes available at affordable prices on sites such as themeforest.com etc. Do not buy themes from their site, very expensive and simple themes. The template system works with a language called liquid. It's easy to set up once you get used to it. It does most of the SEO. their api is extensive and their documentation is good. The blog system is a bit weak. It did not go to shopify even though it was paid several times. In general, it can be said that it is quite easy to use compared to its competitors.

Cons

It limits the site in many ways. You cannot customize the checkout page. If you give thousands of dollars, they'll let you. urls have to take prefixes like pages/ collections/. It's frustrating not being able to remove them. In order to do real customization, it is necessary to learn the liquid language. It is a bit difficult to develop on it, there is no test environment. However, development can be done by putting the theme in preview mode and making changes on it.

Lewis
Lewis
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 06/06/2023

Streamlined Convenience: Embracing Ecommerce with Shopify

Shopify has truly revolutionized my online business. With its user-friendly interface, extensive range of customizable themes, and powerful features, I have been able to effortlessly create and manage my store. The seamless integration with various payment gateways and the robust inventory management system have streamlined my operations. The responsive customer support and vast community of users have also been invaluable in resolving any issues. Shopify has exceeded my expectations and continues to be the perfect platform for scaling and growing my business. Highly recommended!

Pros

As a dedicated user of Shopify, I can confidently say that its most likeable feature is its unparalleled customizability. Shopify empowers me to create a unique and personalized online store that truly reflects my brand identity. From stunning website themes to customizable templates, I have the freedom to design my store exactly as I envision it.

Cons

Although Shopify provides a range of themes and templates for store design, the checkout page design is somewhat restrictive. As a store owner, I would have appreciated more flexibility in modifying the checkout page to align with my brand's aesthetics and enhance the overall customer experience.

Ecwid

Reasons for Switching to Shopify

Shopify offers the most amount of features